User Tag List

Thread: Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

It's the crossover you never knew you needed, but the Turtles are teaming up with the Dark Knight and I fucking love it.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not 100% on the art style, but it looks a lot better than the Rise of the TMNT. The trailer makes it look pretty great, so I'm definitely gonna check this out.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on board.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I'm not 100% on the art style, but it looks a lot better than the Rise of the TMNT. The trailer makes it look pretty great, so I'm definitely gonna check this out.
    I’ve only seen two episodes of Rise. I think I’d enjoy it, but I don’t have cable and don’t really care to hunt it down either.

Would have preferred if this was done in the 2012 style because that show rocks.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mth, re: your rep

i love goofy shows like Teen Titans Go, so I’m willining to give Rise a shot. It looks fun and it challenges the TMNT norms of the last 30 years.

im also currently doing a rewatch of the 2012 Turtles with my oldest daughter and she loves it. Splinter is her favorite because he’s “a mouse”, so she goes apeshit whenever he shows up on screen.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait. I read 1 of the recent comics, it was pretty awesome so to see they're doing a movie....

Anyone see that Batman Ninja animated movie?

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If they're teaming up, why is called Batman vs the Turtles?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I can't wait. I read 1 of the recent comics, it was pretty awesome so to see they're doing a movie....

Anyone see that Batman Ninja animated movie?
    I started reading the OG Black & White comics a few months ago. There’s some dark shit in there.

And that Batman ninja movie is dope! Right on par with most of those one-shot animated movies where it’s assume as fuck and I want more, but you know there won’t be a sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If they're teaming up, why is called Batman vs the Turtles?
    thats how crossovers are usually titled

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ninja Batman was nutty as hell but really fun, too. Loved the art/animation style.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Mth, re: your rep

i love goofy shows like Teen Titans Go, so I’m willining to give Rise a shot. It looks fun and it challenges the TMNT norms of the last 30 years.

im also currently doing a rewatch of the 2012 Turtles with my oldest daughter and she loves it. Splinter is her favorite because he’s “a mouse”, so she goes apeshit whenever he shows up on screen.
    Yeah, i think it's silly as hell that all these people are shitting all over Rise just because it's trying new stuff and a fresh, different approach. The franchise has been around for 30-odd years, let them mix things up for once. It doesn't erase the past. But literally every FB post their page makes about it has mad reactions and comments from people who need to post their hate. just don't watch it, you dopes. Also, TTG! is wonderful.

I've got all the 2012 show no DVD but never got to finish it. Bought the final one (with the cool post-apocalyptic stuff, the monsters, and the Usagi Yojimbo crossover) but never watched it as our DVD palyer crapped out and we never got a new one hooked up. Really need to get around to seeing it, though, because I fucking love Usagi and Frankenstein and the one has RAPH WITH A BEARD.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried my hardest to get into anything TMNT cartoon related since the 90's and I just can't. I'm also not really a big fan of the animation we see in general with shows that are Nick, Cartoon Network, it just doesn't have the same depth and detail as what we see from our Japanese brothers and sisters.

And I could very well be uneducated and these Nicktoons versions of TMNT could be Japanese animators as well. The live action movies are really cool, the cartoons fall short. I am also someone who is very much so "My era was better!" when it comes to things like TMNT. I'm the same way about X-Men, I can't stand the versions that have came out in the last 15+ years because the 90's was like pulling it straight off the page and putting it on t.v.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That’s actually really funny, because I find the 80’s cartoon to be pretty boring due to all the restrictions on what the Turtles could do, plus the syndicated style of presentation. I first got into the Turtles with the 90’s live-action series, “The Next Mutation”. Went back and watched it recently since it’s on a Netflix and holy shit, it is DREADFUL! Still, it got me into the old movies because I loved that live-action style. I really enjoyed the 2003 and 2012 TNNT shows in different ways.

Theres a great crossover between the 2012 and the 80s Turtles. I think it was a two-parter. Real easy to find on Yiutube and I think you’d get a kick out of it. They really poke fun at a lot of the tropes in the old show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s actually really funny, because I find the 80’s cartoon to be pretty boring due to all the restrictions on what the Turtles could do, plus the syndicated style of presentation. I first got into the Turtles with the 90’s live-action series, “The Next Mutation”. Went back and watched it recently since it’s on a Netflix and holy shit, it is DREADFUL! Still, it got me into the old movies because I loved that live-action style. I really enjoyed the 2003 and 2012 TNNT shows in different ways.

Theres a great crossover between the 2012 and the 80s Turtles. I think it was a two-parter. Real easy to find on Yiutube and I think you’d get a kick out of it. They really poke fun at a lot of the tropes in the old show.
    Oh God that show, I didn't watch it originally because I think I was like 17 and I never got into like Power Ranges and shit like that, I missed it by a few years as my brother is 3 years younger and was into all that shit. I did catch an ep on Netflix, fucking sucked lol.

Again like I said I'm an era-snob lol. If I was your age I would probably be less into the 80's/early 90's stuff because I see it with my kids when we bust out old movies and video games.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Haven't seen the trailer no read any comments in this thread but I will be watching it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Oh God that show, I didn't watch it originally because I think I was like 17 and I never got into like Power Ranges and shit like that, I missed it by a few years as my brother is 3 years younger and was into all that shit. I did catch an ep on Netflix, fucking sucked lol.

Again like I said I'm an era-snob lol. If I was your age I would probably be less into the 80's/early 90's stuff because I see it with my kids when we bust out old movies and video games.
    Funny you mention Power Rangers cause it was produced by Saban, who brought Super Sentai over to the states as “Power Rangers”. Next Mutation and the Japanese anime are the only Turtles properties that Nick doesn’t own.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just watched the first live action turtles flick about two weeks ago and it's wacky how well it holds up. outside of some dated slang, it's great.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the comics this is based on and the story was so much better than it had any right to be.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grew up on the 80s TMNT cartoon and now i think it's pretty garbage. 2012 TMNT all the way, baby.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This needs Bale voicing Batman in full growl. Be so great yelling at Krang.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I grew up on the 80s TMNT cartoon and now i think it's pretty garbage. 2012 TMNT all the way, baby.
    Why does this not surprise me.....

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I'm not an "era snob" like you, boss.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I'm not an "era snob" like you, boss.
    lol.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ninja Batman was nutty as hell but really fun, too. Loved the art/animation style.

Yeah, i think it's silly as hell that all these people are shitting all over Rise just because it's trying new stuff and a fresh, different approach. The franchise has been around for 30-odd years, let them mix things up for once. It doesn't erase the past. But literally every FB post their page makes about it has mad reactions and comments from people who need to post their hate. just don't watch it, you dopes. Also, TTG! is wonderful.

I've got all the 2012 show no DVD but never got to finish it. Bought the final one (with the cool post-apocalyptic stuff, the monsters, and the Usagi Yojimbo crossover) but never watched it as our DVD palyer crapped out and we never got a new one hooked up. Really need to get around to seeing it, though, because I fucking love Usagi and Frankenstein and the one has RAPH WITH A BEARD.
    For me, I just really don't like the art style and character design. That's the only thing I don't like about it. Because of that, I have desire to watch it, but it could be a great show for all I know.