User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,800 of 1862

Thread: 2019 NFL Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We played hard and gave it everything, but the Chiefs are the best team in the league. They were last year and couldn't get over the line, I think they do this year. Really hope it's the Packers playing them, the NFC is so competitive, particularly the North, that this looks like the biggest chance of an Aaron Rodgers Super Bowl.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    the world wants Mahomes vs Rodgers
    No

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the world wants Mahomes vs Rodgers
    I don't lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Its a talk show. Dont let it hurt your feelings buddy.

Well I'll say this about the game. I think we fell in love with the chance to pass the ball today and it cost us. I dont care if they were occasionally stopping Henry. Perfect game by KC.

This super bowl is going to be great if Green Bay makes it. Boring if its SF.
    Just think Tennessee tried to set the tempo defensively with pressuring Mahomes and they couldn't get home. That wore them down over time. That and a negative swing to end the first half doomed them.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Just think Tennessee tried to set the tempo defensively with pressuring Mahomes and they couldn't get home. That wore them down over time. That and a negative swing to end the first half doomed them.
    Yep. We need a pass rusher.

But a GREAT season for the 9 and 7 Titans (first team to do that 4 years in a row btw). I'll treasure the win over the Raves forevr.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welp this is a blowout.

Niners vs Chiefs is a good Super Bowl matchup. This Niners team is the best all around team this year, clearly. And the Chiefs offense is explosive. A classic best offense vs best defense kinda SB. Go Niners.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone remember how it’s Mike McCarthy’s fault Aaron Rodgers only has 1 SB win, and not the fact more often than not, he simply can’t win big games?

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Everyone remember how it’s Mike McCarthy’s fault Aaron Rodgers only has 1 SB win, and not the fact more often than not, he simply can’t win big games?
    He can't play defense too.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rodgers is no long elite but he can show flashes. What ailed them in the past was his supporting cast more often than not. They were smoke and mirrors a lot of the way this season and they just ran into a monster today.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the Degenerates like myself, FanDuel already has opening lines for the SB. Chiefs -1.5 O/u 52.5

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Lefleurreure fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Rodger's turnovers hurt them tonight but lets not act like the playoff losses are all on him. He has 8 playoff losses...

1) D gave up 45 points
    2) D gave up 37 points
    3) D gave up 45 points
    4) Led game-tying drive, never got ball again
    5) Led game-tying drive, never got ball again
    6) Led game-tying drive, never got ball again
    7) D gave up 44 points
    8) D gave up 37 points

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bottom line is that he has only made one Super Bowl despite all the excuses.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Should be an exciting Superbowl. Stout defense vs. Explosive offense

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's only three QBs in the league right now who have more than one Super Bowl win. It's a team game. Is he still peak Aaron Rodgers? Absolutely not, but he's not a slouch by any degree. He just has to get used to a new normal in terms of performance. That team lacked an identity this season. You look at the teams that were playing this weekend and they stuck out like a sore thumb in terms of that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's only three QBs in the league right now who have more than one Super Bowl win. It's a team game. Is he still peak Aaron Rodgers? Absolutely not, but he's not a slouch by any degree. He just has to get used to a new normal in terms of performance. That team lacked an identity this season. You look at the teams that were playing this weekend and they stuck out like a sore thumb in terms of that.
    and depending on how long they play, could be zero heading into 2021.

Brees and Rodgers should have more super bowls based on talent alone but they both had their faults and bad luck. They couldn't even make it to another one let alone win another one. Packers might not have even made it in 2010 had Cutler not gotten hurt.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother has been a Chiefs fan since as far back as I can remember (he was a fan of the color red as a child lol and KC is barely 3 hours south of us). He's very excited.

It's funny how the game can change for some of these teams. 4-5 years ago I attended my first NFL game, Chiefs v. Bengals. My best friend is a Bengals fan, and thank God the Chiefs at the time were like 1-9 or we might have been fucked with by the fans there lol. The fans shit on their own team more than anything, they were so terrible. Fast forward a few years and they're about to win the Super Bowl.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I increasingly feeling like the niners are the best bet here. Like the pats/giants and broncos/Seahawks Super Bowls before us, the well rounded & defensively strong team will be too much for the pass heavy chiefs. I also think having Sherman is huge. I know he can only cover 1 guy but he has the mentality and experience to help get that secondary ready for this game.

Niners 34, Chiefs 27

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T-minus 12 days until the Grbac Bowl.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I increasingly feeling like the niners are the best bet here. Like the pats/giants and broncos/Seahawks Super Bowls before us, the well rounded & defensively strong team will be too much for the pass heavy chiefs. I also think having Sherman is huge. I know he can only cover 1 guy but he has the mentality and experience to help get that secondary ready for this game.

Niners 34, Chiefs 27
    The Seahawks and Giants could throw the ball though or at least have the threat to throw the ball. Niners aren't winning throwing under 10 times. They will have to throw 25 at least and don't think they play their best when doing so. Niners are similar to the Titans but with a better defense. I see a similar type game though.

Chiefs 31, Niners 20

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    The Seahawks and Giants could throw the ball though or at least have the threat to throw the ball. Niners aren't winning throwing under 10 times. They will have to throw 25 at least and don't think they play their best when doing so. Niners are similar to the Titans but with a better defense. I see a similar type game though.

Chiefs 31, Niners 20
    I don't really agree with the thought process. Granted the opponent is radically different, but San Francisco just won twice where he threw the ball less than 20 times. Going back to Rancid's comment for Tennessee's theory with Tannehill, they just were't asking him to do it. I don't think Shanahan gives a damn. He'll run the ball until the opposition shows they're able to stop it. Style points be damned. Tennessee had the better runner but San Francisco has the better scheme and blockers for runners. Also, San Francisco clearly has better weapons on the perimeter than Tennessee.

Not related to your post but more just in general, I think it's not wise to suggest that Garoppolo is incapable of being competent as a passer. He was slinging it in arguably the best regular season game this year.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; January 21st, 2020 at 2:22 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really agree with the thought process. Granted the opponent is radically different, but San Francisco just won twice where he threw the ball less than 20 times. Going back to Rancid's comment for Tennessee's theory with Tannehill, they just were't asking him to do it. I don't think Shanahan gives a damn. He'll run the ball until the opposition shows they're able to stop it. Style points be damned. Tennessee had the better runner but San Francisco has the better scheme and blockers for runners. Also, San Francisco clearly has better weapons on the perimeter than Tennessee.

Not related to your post but more just in general, I think it's not wise to suggest that Garoppolo is incapable of being competent as a passer. He was slinging it in arguably the best regular season game this year.

KC is also a top 3 rushing defense this year. GB was one of the bottom rush defenses. I have way more trust in Mahomes putting up 30 than I do putting the game in Jimmy G's hands. I just don't think SF will get away with running it 40 times and passing it 10. Just don't see it.

Yes Jimmy G had a couple good to really good games but there hasn't been any consistency to make me believe he will do it in the biggest game. I trust KC's offense more than I do SF's regardless of the defense. If you were to ask KC, I bet they say they would love if the game came down to making Jimmy G throw the ball. Do you think the Niners will say the same?
    Last edited by PurePlayer; January 21st, 2020 at 2:42 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KC is also a top 3 rushing defense this year. GB was one of the bottom rush defenses. I have way more trust in Mahomes putting up 30 than I do putting the game in Jimmy G's hands. I just don't think SF will get away with running it 40 times and passing it 10. Just don't see it.

Yes Jimmy G had a couple good to really good games but there hasn't been any consistency to make me believe he will do it in the biggest game. I trust KC's offense more than I do SF's regardless of the defense. If you were to ask KC, I bet they say they would love if the game came down to making Jimmy G throw the ball. Do you think the Niners will say the same?
    You set yourself up for disappointment by asking that question.
    They'd be stupid if they said no. Also, asking that question is just asking for an answer you won't like because they believe in each other, no matter what.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You set yourself up for disappointment by asking that question.
    They'd be stupid if they said no. Also, asking that question is just asking for an answer you won't like because they believe in each other, no matter what.
    what does this even mean?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what does this even mean?
    A team isn't going to say, "ah hell, we got here in spite of our QB." They're going to believe in them to step up in the moment because he has at different points in the season.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A team isn't going to say, "ah hell, we got here in spite of our QB." They're going to believe in them to step up in the moment because he has at different points in the season.
    come on man. Obviously they are going to say that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    come on man. Obviously they are going to say that.
    Yeah, but you asked the question lol.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Why are people thinking the KC defense isn't any good? Outside of some slow starts, they've been great down the stretch and have lots of star power

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but you asked the question lol.
    Obviously any team is going to say yes. I am saying I doubt they really want it in his hands. could be wrong. He had good games. I just don't think he can keep up with KC if KC is able to stop the run. Their stats show they can stop the run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Why are people thinking the KC defense isn't any good? Outside of some slow starts, they've been great down the stretch and have lots of star power
    their run defense has been legit all year. their pass defense is average but i think they match up to the Niners offense honestly.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy G is the prince who was promised. The heir apparent to Tom Brady, showing all of the same attributes, demeanor and mannerisms as Tom. It is only by the grace of Brady's agelessness that another team was able to acquire him. Alas, it was not meant to be that he would take up the reins for another decade of dominance in Foxboro. And yet, my feelings about his destiny remain the same. If you are to put the ball in his hands with the game on the line, he will deliver like his on-field father has so many times before him. So yes I trust in Jimmy.

And Deebo-Sanders-Kittle is a nice trifecta of guys to throw to.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they're bad, but if people can have suspicions about Garoppolo, there can be a tinge of skepticism about KC's defense, especially based on how San Francisco has looked.

There's seven games this season just looking at the opposing runner and the attack of that offense that I'd want to look at the raw numbers to see how they fared against KC's run defense:
    Both games against Oakland, Jacksonville, Indy, Minnesota, Tenneesee in the regular season, and Baltimore.

Looking at it, I'm not overly impressed with that I saw from the defensive output, in terms of rushing defense in those games. I think there's only two in there from a perspective of looking at the flow of the rush defense where I think they come out looking okay (Minnesota and Jacksonville). The general result of the Baltimore game is what KC is likely hoping plays out in the sense of rolling with the punches in terms of facing a run attack but getting enough on their own side of the attack on offense.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; January 21st, 2020 at 3:04 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not yet been convinced by Jimmy G to the level of a top 10 quarterback, but he's not a bad quarterback. By all means he can make a play to win big games. Jared Goff won a shootout with KC last year and everybody's down on him. Ryan Tannehill orchestrated a game winning drive against them in the regular season. I think there's more quarterbacks that can navigate a crucial game winning drive than there are not. Particularly with Samuel, Kittle and Sanders to play with. I get the Super Bowl is a different kettle of fish, but it's not all about who the best QB is. The ghost of Peyton Manning defeated the reigning MVP a few years back. Nick fucking Foles beat the GOAT. It's as much about the rest of the playmakers on both sides of ball as it is the quarterback. In fact, there's an argument that the team with the better QB that season has lost in the Super Bowl. Newton, Ryan and Brady were consecutive regular season MVP's to lose the big game. Goff arguably outperformed Brady during the regular season last year. Brady being better than Wilson at that point is probably the last time.

I'm leaning the Chiefs, just based on what they've experienced this post season. They've found themselves in holes and have shown the character and resolve to have both games well in hand going into the fourth quarter after difficult starts. They won't collapse like Green Bay. They know they have playmakers on defence and the firepower on offence to go 21-0 over 5 combined drives. If the ball is in the hands of Mahomes and he's got Tyreek and Kelce, they can stretch the field quickly and efficiently. The 49ers don't have the chunk play capabilities of the Chiefs, providing the Chiefs don't collapse against the run like Green Bay did. They got to grips with Henry, so we'll see if their scheme adapts to what will likely be mostly Mostert rather than a back by committee. That I think is a difference maker. Coleman being an option as a different kind of back has helped get the most out of Mostert.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    TWO NEW RULES TO BE TESTED AT PRO BOWL

--OPTIONS AFTER A SUCCESSFUL FIELD GOAL OR TRY ATTEMPT WITH NO KICKOFF

The scoring team, Team A, has the following options:

Team A may elect to give Team B the ball at Team B’s 25-yard line, beginning a new series of downs with a first-and-10.
    Team A may elect to take the ball at its own 25-yard line for a fourth-and-15 play.

If Team A is successful in making a first down, Team A will maintain possession and a new series of downs will continue as normal.

If Team A is unsuccessful in making a first down, the result will be a turnover on downs and Team B will take possession at the dead ball spot.

--NOT A FALSE START ON A FLINCH BY A FLEXED RECEIVER

It is not a false start if a flexed, eligible receiver in a two-point stance who flinches or picks up one foot, as long as his other foot remains partially on the ground and he resets for one second prior to the snap. A receiver who fits this exception is not considered to be “in motion” for the purposes of the Illegal Shift rules.

It is not a false start if all 11 offensive players have been set for at least one full second and any flexed, eligible receiver breaks his stance by picking up both
    The onside kick alternative is interesting. The personnel certainly matters, but if you have a better than decent qb I'd rather take my chances at a 4th-and-15 than an onside kick.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That almost sounds like a game ruiner. Id need to see it play out. But teams with a really elite qb might just never turn the ball over for an entire half now lol.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The onside kick thing doesn’t make sense....

And by that I mean the starting point.

Under normal onside kick rules you are kicking from the 35, and generally not allowed to touch it til it gets to the 45. So why not have the line where you are trying this “4th and 15” from the 35 or 40? Kinda of split the difference there. So now if it fails by an incomplete pass, which I’m sure most of these would be pass plays, instead of the defending team starting around the 25, they are closer to where they would’ve been on a conventional onside kick attempt.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The onside kick thing doesn’t make sense....

And by that I mean the starting point.

Under normal onside kick rules you are kicking from the 35, and generally not allowed to touch it til it gets to the 45. So why not have the line where you are trying this “4th and 15” from the 35 or 40? Kinda of split the difference there. So now if it fails by an incomplete pass, which I’m sure most of these would be pass plays, instead of the defending team starting around the 25, they are closer to where they would’ve been on a conventional onside kick attempt.
    because its a lot easier to convert a 4th and 15 than an onside kick and it's so teams don't just go for it without a thought.

I hate these rules. why reward teams who are down two or more possessions to make it easier to come back? if they do go with this stupid rule, they should not allow it until like under 5 minutes in the 4th or something like that

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Strong dislike of the 4th and 15 rule. The other rule...how often do we even see WRs called for false starts? I guess you see it with TEs but typically when that happens they're more in as blockers and do more than just lift one foot.

So there's a site that shows penalties by position. In 2019 there were 77 false starts by TEs and 62 by WRs so more than I would have anticipated.

Also Laremy Tunsil had the most false starts for a player by quite a distance. 14 where the player in second had 8.

The website is here https://www.nflpenalties.com/
    Last edited by Pablo Diablo; January 22nd, 2020 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because its a lot easier to convert a 4th and 15 than an onside kick and it's so teams don't just go for it without a thought.

I hate these rules. why reward teams who are down two or more possessions to make it easier to come back? if they do go with this stupid rule, they should not allow it until like under 5 minutes in the 4th or something like that

Just to play devil's advocate, do you think a team that is down two or more possessions will be able to easily convert a 4th and 15? I don't hate the rule but I don't think as many teams will go for it as you may fear.

Apparently only about 6% of onside kicks resulted in recovery for the 2018 and 2019 regular seasons. I could only find guesses as to the conversion rate of 4th and 15s or longer and it was about 15%.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I read that before they changed the kickoff rules 2 years ago, onside kick conversion rates were about 20%, and since then they have dropped to about 10%. I would be okay with employing a "4th and whatever" type play to replace onside kicks, since 10% seems pretty low to me. They should choose whatever yardage makes sense to make it have be no more than a 20% conversion rate (perhaps 15 yards isn't long enough?). And still allow the onside kick too, since that 4th and long play is going to be a lot easier for a team like the Chiefs than the some team with crap receivers and a lousy QB.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate, do you think a team that is down two or more possessions will be able to easily convert a 4th and 15? I don't hate the rule but I don't think as many teams will go for it as you may fear.

Apparently only about 6% of onside kicks resulted in recovery for the 2018 and 2019 regular seasons. I could only find guesses as to the conversion rate of 4th and 15s or longer and it was about 15%.
    For starters an illegal contact or defensive holding would automatically give a team a first down. I would suggest a team with a really good qb has a better than 15% to convert. A 4th and 15 for someone like Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, or Russell Wilson is a walk in the park compared to an onside kick

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I read that before they changed the kickoff rules 2 years ago, onside kick conversion rates were about 20%, and since then they have dropped to about 10%. I would be okay with employing a "4th and whatever" type play to replace onside kicks, since 10% seems pretty low to me. They should choose whatever yardage makes sense to make it have be no more than a 20% conversion rate (perhaps 15 yards isn't long enough?). And still allow the onside kick too, since that 4th and long play is going to be a lot easier for a team like the Chiefs than the some team with crap receivers and a lousy QB.
    i doubt any team would prefer to go for the onside kick regardless of the qb. Just getting a simple illegal contact gives them a first down. i think 4th and 20 makes more sense. but i'd prefer no change.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be clear, I’m not saying the 4th and 15 things is awful. I’m not a fan but I can see it happening. I’m more curious why from the 25? That seems too deep in.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For starters an illegal contact or defensive holding would automatically give a team a first down. I would suggest a team with a really good qb has a better than 15% to convert. A 4th and 15 for someone like Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, or Russell Wilson is a walk in the park compared to an onside kick
    I didn't even think of that part of it, good point.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be clear, I’m not saying the 4th and 15 things is awful. I’m not a fan but I can see it happening. I’m more curious why from the 25? That seems too deep in.
    I agree with you that it's too deep. And whatever they're doing here with the pro bowl wouldn't necessarily be what they would go with in the event of a rule change. The rule proposal for this last year, which got rejected, I think it would have been from the 35 not the 25. That proposal also said you can do it only once per game, and in the 4th quarter only.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh. Missed those two caveats

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you that it's too deep. And whatever they're doing here with the pro bowl wouldn't necessarily be what they would go with in the event of a rule change. The rule proposal for this last year, which got rejected, I think it would have been from the 35 not the 25. That proposal also said you can do it only once per game, and in the 4th quarter only.
    well that's better.

why do you think that's too deep in? if the chances are better to convert, shouldn't they make it a harsher penalty if it's not converted?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the rejected proposal last year.

The issue of penalties is definitely a good point. You would hate to see that conversion happen because of a ticky tack defensive foul, though you can imagine the refs would swallow their whistles unless it's something egregious.

This is something, in my opinion, they should open up not just for the pro bowl but for the preseason and get a year or two of experience with it before voting to pass it. (If they even want to go down this route).

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So long, Eli. Best thing your always confused ass ever did was prevent the Pats from getting that perfect season.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the can of worms the NFL probably doesn't realize they're opening up with this idea. I imagine a decent amount of teams would instantly just be gunning/begging for a call to just circumvent the scenario.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eli is going to be an example of how a very average QB got into the Hall based off of two good postseason runs.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eli is going to be an example of how a very average QB got into the Hall based off of two good postseason runs.
    And how QB results can be overshadowed by team performance.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Eli had two superbowls for Jacksonville instead of the New York Giants and his last name was Smith not Manning, he'd have a harder time getting in.

But it is what it is. And not for nothing, the guy is number 7 all time in passing yards and passing tds so it's not like he sucked it up for a whole career.

Probably played about 5 seasons too long though.

Side question, if not for the Mannings, how many rings does Brady have? Could he even lift his arms at this point?

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Def two more. Coughlin's Giants always had a D that could come after Brady damn well. And Eli did make the throws he absolutely needed to when it came time in those games.

As for Peyton, he did have a hand in stopping the Pats getting to a few SB's Who knows what happens if they had gotten there, but we'll never know.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Antonio Brown saga continues. It's hard to feel bad for him given that he's such an all encompassing asshole who seemingly but it seems more and more apparent that he has some sort of serious mental health issue (not that I'm a doctor but I would guess bipolar or borderline personality disorder) and needs help.

For those not up to speed, there's now an arrest warrant for him and his buddy assaulting a moving truck driver and essentially taking AB's possessions off the truck by force after refusing to pay the bill, and AB's girlfriend/baby mama posted this. I'm not sure if she's the one who was leaving the house with the kids when AB was yelling at the cops a week or two ago.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its like Shannon Sharpe said. He's going to have hit bottom, bounce, then hit bottom again before he can fix himself.

The question is. Can he do it in time to salvage his career? I'm leaning towards no.

And yes he needs real help. The kind you have to want. Just going to see some court or league ordered shrink while he sits and gives them attitude won't fix him. Hes going to have to have a moment of clarity where he realizes he is sick and needs to talk to someone.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not too worried about his career. I’m seriously starting to wonder if we should worry he may off himself. Not a joke.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That kind of narcissism makes me worry more he might kill someone else.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post

Side question, if not for the Mannings, how many rings does Brady have? Could he even lift his arms at this point?
    Or if the Falcons and Seahawks run the ball.... you get my point.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rip manningface. i'll miss you so much.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or if the Falcons and Seahawks run the ball.... you get my point.
    Or if Archie doesnt feed his kids human growth hormone to make them all giants.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Late to the party but part of the reason they want the 4th and 15 from the 25 is they do not want a team to be able to throw a hail mary into the end zone on the "kickoff."

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should let Eli play in the pro bowl. Seriously. I mean that game is a joke anyway and letting him play before retiring would actually be a reason to watch.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should let Eli play in the pro bowl. Seriously. I mean that game is a joke anyway and letting him play before retiring would actually be a reason to watch.
    I can't imagine that moves the meter that much. It sure as hell wouldn't for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, it will be weird without Eli going one & done in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Mr. T; January 25th, 2020 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt he would want to. I don't think players really like playing in the Pro Bowl.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Degenerate gambling update....

In a week, the O/u has moved 2.5 points to 55

Line is still KC -1 in most books I’m seeing.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niners moneyline would still be my pick.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently even, so if you’re going Niners it is certainly smarter.

KC moneyline was -120

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Kansas are gonna smoke San Francisco.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't think that's legal in florida

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leaning towards San Francisco.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised that all three QBs on the Saints are free agents. What's mildly surprising is that Drew Brees is considering calling it a career. He's said if he's staying in the league, it's only with the Saints. What's REALLY surprising is that reportedly Sean Payton is hoping Brees will stay one more year to help transition the reigns to...Taysom Hill. I'm surprised they really want to go with the Swiss Army Knife, who is 29, rather than Bridgewater.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Checking out some of my posts from the start of the season and grading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    Tennessee will be closer to 6-10 than 10-6.

Can another AFC team make it to the Super Bowl this season?

Yes

Where do you want your team to focus on this upcoming draft?

Pass Rusher

Is your team just going to continue it’s many years of mediocrity?

Back to playoffs next year with healthy Rogers and high scoring offense.

D Titans were 9-7
    A Pats out in 1st round
    A Packers went pass rusher round 1
    B+ Packers 13-3 win division, offense was not high scoring

No one will reach that badly for the 3rd Qb when they can get him late 1st
    B+ 3rd QB was taken at 15.

Fantasy championships are all about loading up for the playoff run. Hunt is gonna cut into the caries in the fantasy playoffs. Pass.

B tough one for me to grade because I ended up keeping him. We was a stud week 15 but week 16 was a total dud and part of the reason I lost in the championship.

Will Grier is going to be a keeper at QB from this draft.
    C- I would score it lower but it was only year 1 in an incompetent Carolina

I like what the Packers have done so far. Addressed needs so that their draft will not be dictated by needs and they cam draft best player available.

A+ This post was made after signing both of the Smiths who combined for 25.5 sacks
    Last edited by Kneeneighbor; January 30th, 2020 at 3:38 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wr should have known the 9 and 7 Titans would go 9-7.

I mean duh.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KC by double digits. 31-20.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, Kyle Shanahan gets vindication from the 28-3 debacle and wins it. Andy Reid is a bridesmaid yet again.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's another take. Jimmy G doesn't throw over 250. has two interceptions.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third down conversions, penalties, turnovers. These teams are so close and if they play 10 times, I could believe any scenario really. They're just that skilled, smart, and able so I think those three facets are going to be the ones that really swing the balance.

Still taking San Francisco.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyler Murray named Offensive Rookie of the Year.
    Nick Bosa named Defensive Rookie of the Year.
    Ryan Tannehill named Comeback Player of the Year.
    Stephon Gilmore named Defensive Player of the Year.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did Tannehill come back from?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Comeback Player of the Year is not just for returning from an injury. Its also for a guy whose career looked dead and has been revived.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a Dolphin = two back to back quad tears and missing two seasons.

Being a Brown = One calf strain causing you to miss 6 weeks and then tearing your ACL a week before the playoffs.

Being a Charger = Being a Charger

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    2019 NFL Regular Season Predictions Contest

Worth 1 point each
    AFC East Champion: Patriots
    AFC North Champion: Browns
    AFC South Champion: Jaguars
    AFC West Champion: Chiefs
    AFC Wild Card 1: Ravens
    AFC Wild Card 2: Steelers
    NFC East Champion: Eagles
    NFC North Champion: PACKERS
    NFC South Champion: Saints
    NFC West Champion: Rams
    NFC Wild Card 1: Falcons
    NFC Wild Card 2: Vikings
    Best Record in the NFL: Patriots
    Worst Record in the NFL: Raiders
    MVP: AARON RODGERS
    Defensive Player of the Year: Myles Garrett
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Dwayne Haskins
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: RASHAN GARY
    Rushing yards leader: Saquon Barkley
    Receiving yards leader: DAVANTE ADAMS
    Passing yards leader: Pat Mahomes

Made some Homer picks.
    This was kinda terrible in hindsight but in my defense, plenty of us picked CLE to be a playoff team lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaning the 49ers tonight. That offence just punishes you, and I think it's a given that Mahomes is going to have to throw at least 4 touchdowns against the second best defence in the league to have a chance of winning this game. The Chiefs give up too many points, they can't afford to against this team. Jimmy G throws for 2 touchdowns and a pick for around 200 yards, Moszart runs for 150 and 2 scores, Mahomes throws for around 400, 3 touchdowns and a pick.

34-24 Niners.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was terrible at this last year so here goes:

Worth 1 point each
    AFC East Champion: New England
    AFC North Champion: Baltimore
    AFC South Champion: Houston
    AFC West Champion: Kansas City
    AFC Wild Card 1: Pittsburgh
    AFC Wild Card 2: Chargers
    NFC East Champion: Philly
    NFC North Champion: Green Bay
    NFC South Champion: New Orleans
    NFC West Champion: Rams
    NFC Wild Card 1: Bears
    NFC Wild Card 2: Cowboys
    Best Record in the NFL: New England
    Worst Record in the NFL: Miami
    MVP: Aaron Rodgers
    Defensive Player of the Year: Mack
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Kyler Murray
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Josh Allen
    Rushing yards leader: McCafery
    Receiving yards leader: Adams
    Passing yards leader: Rodgers
    7 of the 8 division winners.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    28-24 Niners.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    21 - 17

Kansas City baby. The drought is over.

KC wont get much done early on offense but neither will San Fran who will play it safe and try to run the ball but find that KC is better at run D, especially on 3rd down, then they thought.

This will cause Shanahan to start throwing the ball around a little more in the 2nd half and that's where I think most of the scoring will come from in this game.

Mahomes cements his legacy with a game winning drive in the final two minutes.

Tomorrow we will all talk about this being one of the best super bowls in recent memory.

BGMaverick will eat a ham sandwhich on Tuesday.

Francis Ford Coppola will make a 4th Godfather movie that's oddly good.

Your lucky numbers are 2 - 8 - 69
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; February 2nd, 2020 at 4:37 PM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NFL 100 tribute just now was pretty great

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    the rock with a better promo than any of his recent wwe runs

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rock's intros were cool for sure

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wtf was the rock there? I'm about to turn it on. What should I bet on?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    How long the word 'brave' lasts in the national anthem..

O/U 5.5 secs..

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When does it actually start?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because they’re in Miami most likely.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    LOL trump campaign ad.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can I see how many yards Mahomes has thrown? Part of a mad bet I put on.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can I see how many yards Mahomes has thrown? Part of a mad bet I put on.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401131047