Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 148154155156157158
Results 15,701 to 15,786 of 15786

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was such a bad idea.

AEW is not coming off good tonight. At all. It’s all just responding to WWE. This is not good.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That schoolboy tussle made Tony khan fear for his life, ha ha ha ha ha

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking lame. I mean CM Punk is an asshole. We already knew that.

Hell if anything it makes Khan look like more of a bitch for how he treated Jack Perry who didn't do anything.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Renee looked embarrassed there for Wills interview.

Someone stage and intervention, Two absolute cringe segments, Absolutely pathetic stuff.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That footage was like someone acting like your blind date is the ugliest pig in the world and you show up find not only Sydney Sweeney but prime Pam Grier ready to blow you for the rest of your life.

Will Ospreay though with the "grinding the boss' daughter" line from 2000 was a fucking hit for those nerds. JFC I thought his shit talk toward Nash was pathetic for a man his age.

The person I feel bad for right now is Edge. That poor guy had to go out there, a noob in the AEW world carrying the banner and then these fuckin idiots just go and ruin all his good work of sucking their dicks on live tv. Seriously, Edge went out there last week, defending the company lead by Tony Khan and the Young Bucks.....sucked their balls and dick and licked their ass for what? Honestly for what he gets paid sign me up "lads" The saddest part is there are fans who are even more supportive of AEW, Jungle Jack and his 2 groomers I mean mentors Matt and Nick. That's the world we live in people.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, Ospreay deserved that shot

I actually think Bucks blaming Punk for their loss at All In and FTR cutting the promo afterward is a pretty smart move.

Showing the footage was a waste of time at best and a reason for people to tune out at worst. Don't see the actual benefit to the product, and I think it's taken the air out of the show.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    On the brightside, If he carries on running the company like this at least I'll save myself time and money not going to wrmbley this year.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post

I actually think Bucks blaming Punk for their loss at All In and FTR cutting the promo afterward is a pretty smart move.

Showing the footage was a waste of time at best and a reason for people to tune out at worst. Don't see the actual benefit to the product, and I think it's taken the air out of the show.

it led to the fans chanting “cm punk” at the young bucks. All they did was get Punk even more over and he doesn’t even work there!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying he shouldn't have responded-if Triple H's comment was even directed toward him, could've been about several wrestlers who have signed with AEW including Jay White. It just doesn't really have the same sting like it did in the past. Like the Nash quad insult that got him shit on by Nash and Omega. I'm not saying it sucked, it was more like a mid-level dad joke that would've been funnier 10-15 years ago. Like yeah bruv we get it he fucked Stephanie after he was already a top draw that's why Vince was ok with her fucking the guy and not fucking Test.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    On the brightside, If he carries on running the company like this at least I'll save myself time and money not going to wrmbley this year.
    Come on man, Bruv v. Jungle Jack in the main event with MJF v. Roderick Strong for the European title doesn't scream anxiety attack to you like it does me? lol IDGAF if Hook lets me play with his hair those stadiums are too much.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm not saying he shouldn't have responded-if Triple H's comment was even directed toward him, could've been about several wrestlers who have signed with AEW including Jay White. It just doesn't really have the same sting like it did in the past. Like the Nash quad insult that got him shit on by Nash and Omega. I'm not saying it sucked, it was more like a mid-level dad joke that would've been funnier 10-15 years ago. Like yeah bruv we get it he fucked Stephanie after he was already a top draw that's why Vince was ok with her fucking the guy and not fucking Test.

Come on man, Bruv v. Jungle Jack in the main event with MJF v. Roderick Strong for the European title doesn't scream anxiety attack to you like it does me? lol IDGAF if Hook lets me play with his hair those stadiums are too much.
    That was more directed at PG. Your post hadn't shown up for me yet. The insult was whatever lol but if ever someone deserves to take issue with someone talking shit and fire back, I think Ospreay def earned the opportunity with Triple H's comment. Whether he nailed the opportunity or not is another question lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    it led to the fans chanting “cm punk” at the young bucks. All they did was get Punk even more over and he doesn’t even work there!
    I have a feeling we're about to see AEW and WWE working together. In the last month Wardlow has talked about Punk, Edge and Dax gave speeches (In Dax's defense him and Kingston do this every so often usually when they feel threatened by the big bad Fed), and now this footage.

Maybe this going to lead to AEW v. WWE at Survivor Series?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was more directed at PG. Your post hadn't shown up for me yet. The insult was whatever lol but if ever someone deserves to take issue with someone talking shit and fire back, I think Ospreay def earned the opportunity with Triple H's comment. Whether he nailed the opportunity or not is another question lol.
    Again I liked the jab just felt it was outdated and also-was Triple H even talking about him? Too many wrestlers let the IWC take them on an unnecessary journey of negativity but that's how they've came up in the business. What did the internet think about my match? What did Dave Meltzer give my match last night? 2 out of 5? Fuck I better retire or better yet do even dumber shit that a tiny % of fans like. Thin skinned.

Imagine if every jab AEW took at WWE for the last 4 years were addressed by talent, or better yet...Imagine someone from TKO's board showing up on Raw and responding to some bullshit Edge said about them. We can't forget, The Bucks are more than just 2 weirdos who like hanging out with young men in brown panties. They're EVPs. They are supposed to be professional and all we've seen are spoiled rich kids who were never properly beat with the belt acting as such.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor Schiavone looked like he was having a 'Nam flashback

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were literally chanting CM Punk's name....Damn lol

Stole this

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Maybe this going to lead to AEW v. WWE at Survivor Series?
    I get that the wrestling business is all about “fuck your feelings, let’s get paid” but I fail to see a single way the WWE benefits by allowing AEW to perform on such a big stage with them.

If they’re going to elevate a smaller less popular relative, it will be the little brother (NXT), because at least that’s in-house talent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I get that the wrestling business is all about “fuck your feelings, let’s get paid” but I fail to see a single way the WWE benefits by allowing AEW to perform on such a big stage with them.

If they’re going to elevate a smaller less popular relative, it will be the little brother (NXT), because at least that’s in-house talent.
    That's the thing...If we're not going to see anything between the two then why keep up this non-existent war? It's almost as bad as when Bischoff, desperate for attention, challenged Vince. Maybe Tony will finally live his dream and become an on-air personality. We all know if we were in his shoes we would be doing the same thing in terms of trying to get on tv as a real part of the show every week for years and years.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am ok with using it as an angle at the same time, you can't just run up on people irl. Like, Punk is lucky Perry didn't ask for charges even if it would be a bitch move. This was a ratings move and to get some energy after Mania as WWE has been on fire since Rock came back. I will say that AEW really does feel like they are stuck in this weird place where WWE is allowed to take shots and they did all weekend, but AEW fights back and its always a bad look for them according to the IWC media. I want AEW to do well, but I think they maybe Wembley maybe as good as it gets for them. They really need to do a hard reset when Swerve wins and start really focusing on the talent they have especially the women and just ride it out. While I am looking forward to WWE Summer of Love, we have seen HHH has stumbled also with the women's division a bit as well as the tag team division having great teams, but not great champs. I doubt it will change the high WWE is on, but no Rock, Becky, Seth and Roman for months may lead to spotlighting Liv, Jey, Drew and more or it could lead to people losing interest as there is no real story to tell. Either way, AEW needs to make their people look like stars and generate some interesting storylines.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There dmcaing people who share the footage.

Tad too late.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just impressed that people didn't puss their pants with HOOK standing right there.

Imagine getting groggy with that guy nearby. That's some balls.

When he put the belt down is probably where Tony feared for his life.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe to Jungle

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is it Claire Lynch bad

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony's now essentially putting his Twitter feed on AEW Dynamite. Problem is, he thinks that's a master stroke of social media engagement - but everyone thinks he's a prick on Twitter and now he's infesting a show with it. It's a shame, really.

Does WWE pay for this level of advertisement? They really should be.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m with you.

Ospreay’s promo was up there as well. Trips did not name anyone in his critique. Maybe some people thought Ospreay. But that wasn’t on the interview. For all we know, he was talking about Deanna Purazzo. Or anyone else. And Trips didn’t make it a part of tv.

Now you’ve got (a huge get and someone who you should be really focused on) tying himself into a statement that does not help him at all.

Just dumb.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    that was an all time bad dynamite episode. sheesh.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like Tony is desperate for a ratings bump.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I’m with you.

Ospreay’s promo was up there as well. Trips did not name anyone in his critique. Maybe some people thought Ospreay. But that wasn’t on the interview. For all we know, he was talking about Deanna Purazzo. Or anyone else. And Trips didn’t make it a part of tv.

Now you’ve got (a huge get and someone who you should be really focused on) tying himself into a statement that does not help him at all.

Just dumb.
    In fairness, Triple H was very clearly talking about Ospreay/Okada/Mercedes and I don't think you can really interpret it as anything else unless you don't pay attention to AEW.

I think the real issue was having the segment be on the same show AND follow the All In footage. I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with Ospreay's promo were it an isolated incident.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that footage....a bit of a scuffle backstage stuff on the Punk/Perry All In footage from the Bucks which we knew about anyway but not seen it for ourselves JUST to promote the FTR match.

Eeeehhhhhh not my personal choice but I guess I can see what they're attempting.

Ultimately, I don't think it was worth opening up that can of worms.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony needs a proper creative team and not do all/most of this booking himself IMO.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Tony Khan hire me and Badger thanks.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    @Tony Khan hire me and Badger thanks.
    @Mazer too

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking tenuous connection at best to the feud

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I am ok with using it as an angle at the same time, you can't just run up on people irl. Like, Punk is lucky Perry didn't ask for charges even if it would be a bitch move. This was a ratings move and to get some energy after Mania as WWE has been on fire since Rock came back. I will say that AEW really does feel like they are stuck in this weird place where WWE is allowed to take shots and they did all weekend, but AEW fights back and its always a bad look for them according to the IWC media. I want AEW to do well, but I think they maybe Wembley maybe as good as it gets for them. They really need to do a hard reset when Swerve wins and start really focusing on the talent they have especially the women and just ride it out. While I am looking forward to WWE Summer of Love, we have seen HHH has stumbled also with the women's division a bit as well as the tag team division having great teams, but not great champs. I doubt it will change the high WWE is on, but no Rock, Becky, Seth and Roman for months may lead to spotlighting Liv, Jey, Drew and more or it could lead to people losing interest as there is no real story to tell. Either way, AEW needs to make their people look like stars and generate some interesting storylines.
    Nah it's shit.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a more positive note...I fucking LOVED Swerve's retaliation on Joe this week. Looking forward to that one.

I'm guessing they won't but would love it if they pulled the trigger on Swerve like NOW!

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also...Bart Simpson shirt and Rodd/Todd flanders?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it Claire Lynch bad
    Worse.

Tony is finding out what most spoiled rich kids find out as they get older. The world doesn't revolve around them.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness, Triple H was very clearly talking about Ospreay/Okada/Mercedes and I don't think you can really interpret it as anything else unless you don't pay attention to AEW.

I think the real issue was having the segment be on the same show AND follow the All In footage. I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with Ospreay's promo were it an isolated incident.
    Fair on calling out those 3. Certainly where the mind goes. I think my larger point, which I probably didn't make very well, was that it didn't have to be about Ospreay specifically. I probably should have used Mercedes instead of Deanna as an example. It was a line in an interview, and there was no value in making it part of the TV program. Except I guess for cheap pops from the i-hate-wwe-bots.

I do agree. I would have not liked in any tv scenario. I'm with you that doing it right after the Bucks makes it come off 10x worse.
    Last edited by Mazer; April 11th, 2024 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Worse.

Tony is finding out what most spoiled rich kids find out as they get older. The world doesn't revolve around them.
    that’s all this was. rich kid felt slighted after the Helwani interview and wanted to “release the footage” hoping to embarrass Punk (Meltzer/Alvarez’ words, which means it’s pretty much from Tony’s lips) and when it backfired he started issuing DMCAs to anyone sharing the footage

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Fair on calling out those 3. Certainly where the mind goes. I think my larger point, which I probably didn't make as well, was that it didn't have to be about Ospreay specifically. I probably should have used Mercedes instead of Deanna as an example. It was a line in an interview, and there was no value in making it part of the TV program. Except I guess for cheap pops from the i-hate-wwe-bots.

I do agree. I would have not liked in any tv scenario. I'm with you that doing it right after the Bucks makes it come off 10x worse.
    it’s the type of thing that Ospreay should address on a podcast or media interview somewhere. Not take up TV time to say that he IS GRINDING by taking a first class flight back and forth every week.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worse.

Aye. They’ve majorly shot themselves in the foot here.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I"m surprised they didn't have Goldust win the title, to cash in on Cody's success.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, they have let Trips know that if we wants to change their show that week, all he has to do is make a comment on some podcast.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Word has it that O'Spray was told to say those words, he didn't come up with it himself.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I"m surprised they didn't have Goldust win the title, to cash in on Cody's success.
    I mean they did have him wrestle a samoan for the chance to win a title his dad never had the same week his brother won. Close enough right?

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I mean they did have him wrestle a samoan for the chance to win a title his dad never had the same week his brother won. Close enough right?
    Also it wasn't a celan win so Dustin was still put over in a big way.

Honestly wish he'd stop bleeding so much during his matches as great a worker he is. It's not Moxley levels of bad but close.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    And they are both named Joe

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And they both have children.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say this...Edge and Dustin Rhodes having the best performances of the night is a testament to their skill level. Pentagon Jr is a fantastic wrestler, someone of Edge's age and physical well being shouldn't be able to keep up. And while Samoa Joe is a fraction of what he was even 5 years ago, he still makes it look believable.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were Punk I'd be howling right now. Because he most definitely has the last laugh here.

It was really embarrassing. It was even worse then seeing the discomfort plastered over the faces of those who felt that embarrassment.

Clearly Perry is going to help the Bucks win the tag titles as the payoff to this. Except it won't be a payoff, it's prolonging this horse shit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a stupid time to take a shot. Punk has built so much equity with wrestling fans that it added more to his legend and made the Bucks and especially Perry look like complete geeks. They think it'll turn into heel heat - it will lead to the crowd chanting for a WWE wrestler in all of their segments. Dumb. It's a shame as Revolution was a smash hit and they had plenty of momentum coming out of that, but they've dropped the ball.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    What a stupid time to take a shot. Punk has built so much equity with wrestling fans that it added more to his legend and made the Bucks and especially Perry look like complete geeks. They think it'll turn into heel heat - it will lead to the crowd chanting for a WWE wrestler in all of their segments. Dumb. It's a shame as Revolution was a smash hit and they had plenty of momentum coming out of that, but they've dropped the ball.
    Aye…it was daft!

Whole thing was overcooked and burnt. Crazy booking Khan.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not even a Punk guy but bloody hell.

He’s probably pishing himself at all this. Expect a sly shot maybe next time Punk appears on WWE television!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is AEW's thing though and you would think we'd be used to it. They have their little minions out there blowing Tony Khan and saying "oh the Fed are making it about AEW during Mania week!" And instead of using that to their advantage it blows up in their face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I’m not even a Punk guy but bloody hell.

He’s probably pishing himself at all this. Expect a sly shot maybe next time Punk appears on WWE television!
    I almost stopped being a Punk guy because of some of the shit he's done and said over the years and if it wasn't for that MJF feud Idk if I would've kept being a fan of his.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word has it that O'Spray was told to say those words, he didn't come up with it himself.
    They say he carved those words himself, from even bigger words.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    All that twerking about footage to only pop an 819K rating. Still better than they’ve done the last two weeks though, so Tony can thank Punk for that.

should be interesting to see what kinda rating they get next week

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    All that twerking about footage to only pop an 819K rating. Still better than they’ve done the last two weeks though, so Tony can thank Punk for that.

should be interesting to see what kinda rating they get next week
    I think it will go down same goes for Raw and Smackdown. The weeks after Mania are hot to start then nose dive come the summer.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    LOL Tony Khan and the Young Bucks. Fucking clowns.

Also, Ospreay’s line about HHH “only getting there because he grind[ed] the bosses daughter” is laughable. Dude was one of the hardest workers in the industry. The most alpha and ultimate bet-on-yourself move was to wheel the daughter of the man who had a legitimate monopoly in the industry; marrying Steph undoubtedly helped Paul’s career, but the risk was enormous. Had that relationship flamed out, Paul would have been driving truck and wrestling in high school gyms for that 15+ year stretch.
    Last edited by Tyson; April 11th, 2024 at 9:24 PM.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    They say he carved those words himself, from even bigger words.
    Can only carve bruv so many ways

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I only wish aew success. I haven't watched much of it but wrestling is typically better when there is legit competition or at least another place for workers to go where the wages are competitive. This shit just reeks of WCW in its dying days. I actually kind of soured a bit on Punk based on things I read and seen near the end of his aew run. Him coming back to wwe moved my.needle a bit but not enough to deter me from being 100%.behind Cody. After his interview with Helwani I'm back on the Punk train to see where the ride takes me.

You gotta really feel for Edge who came out and did a rally the troops and fan base promo only for khan to fucking do the nastiest liquid shit in Edge's mouth just one week later. Dude has got to be fuming.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing how insanely over Jack Perry is in Chicago right now maybe showing that video was a good idea

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Seeing how insanely over Jack Perry is in Chicago right now maybe showing that video was a good idea

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was not

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch Jack Perry vs Shota Umino from last night and tell me then

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    How does it benefit AEW long term?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    How does it benefit AEW long term?
    If Jack Perry gets over and stays over as a drawing act

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The sarcasm in this is great.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    If Jack Perry gets over and stays over as a drawing act
    Soon they are running Chicago every week?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness, Jack looked way more like a complete package on that show than he has any time before, particularly during his initial heel run in AEW. But I think a lot of that has been done by him and his own buzz since becoming the Scapegoat. I think the video footage definitely helped give a specific buzz and energy to feed off of and I think Perry and Umino both handled it well and had a hell of a match.

I don't think it justifies showing the video, but I think it was definitely taken advantage of because when you're headed into Chicago with a lot of eyes on the main event, why the fuck wouldn't you?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack Perry has always had potential. As much as Cornette might hate him now, I distinctly recall him singling Jack out as one of the few new faces in AEW that had some real promise. This was of course way back during the first few months of its existence. So he obviously has some kind of talent.

He needs to stop doing the CM Punk shit though unless there is some hope of something happening in the ring sometime soon. Otherwise you're just the guy who has a claim to fame because you were on the receiving end of a big brand name star's bitch slap. There's no way to pay that off. So it's lame.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Jack Perry has always had potential. As much as Cornette might hate him now, I distinctly recall him singling Jack out as one of the few new faces in AEW that had some real promise. This was of course way back during the first few months of its existence. So he obviously has some kind of talent.

He needs to stop doing the CM Punk shit though unless there is some hope of something happening in the ring sometime soon. Otherwise you're just the guy who has a claim to fame because you were on the receiving end of a big brand name star's bitch slap. There's no way to pay that off. So it's lame.
    Tbf Cornette hates everyone that is not a tag team named Express.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post

I'm pretty sure his schtick is less directed at Punk and more Tony Khan.

But "Cry Me a River" should absolutely be his new catchphrase

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure his schtick is less directed at Punk and more Tony Khan.

But "Cry Me a River" should absolutely be his new catchphrase
    Coming out with the Chicago flag though?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When specifically in Chicago the week all the shit stirred up yes.

I'm also including the work he's done up to this point.

If you're not playing to the crowd then you're not doing it right.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He called Jay White/Juice v. FTR the greatest tag-team match in television history.

He's said multiple times MJF is one of if not his favorite wrestler today.

What I don't get is why people think Jim Cornette was a different person X amount of years ago. I know some of you cats are pretty young in comparison but there was literally a segment on Raw where Cornette would bash WCW, ECW, even WWF lol. One of the greatest shoot interviews ever was from 2000-2001 where he just rips everyone in the business while still on WWE payroll.

You didn't know Tony Khan is actually from Chicago AND he uses the GTS all the time as his CAW's finisher. I don't see how people are able to connect anything Jack Perry has done to CM Punk. I just assumed he was quoting his favorite artist mid-match when he said "Cry me a river".

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't know Tony Khan is actually from Chicago AND he uses the GTS all the time as his CAW's finisher. I don't see how people are able to connect anything Jack Perry has done to CM Punk. I just assumed he was quoting his favorite artist mid-match when he said "Cry me a river".
    I did not know that, but I do not his favorite movie though... TIMECOP!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He probably wishes he was Time Cop so he wouldn't be scared for his life.

I wonder if Vince was scared for his life when Lesnar threw the WWE title at him in guerilla after that Roman match lol Now THAT is a reason to fear your life.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gunther, Rhea Ripley, Roman reigns, drew McIntyre, and cm punk are not in tag teams

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

I wonder if Vince was scared for his life when Lesnar threw the WWE title at him in guerilla after that Roman match lol Now THAT is a reason to fear your life.
    If Nailz choking home didn't scar him for life, nothing will.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who hate on Jim Cornette without even listening to his show are hilarious.

See, I'm one of those wrestling fans where I like to praise AND shit on the business lol. It's like listening to a comedian shit on something you actually like but understand the negatives to where you can laugh it off.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch Jack Perry vs Shota Umino from last night and tell me then
    Or....I could have watched the episode of AEW where there are still Punk chants going.

My reply was more to your "good idea". They could have masturbated Jack Perry a couple nights ago, and I'll still question it based on what happens on the actual AEW show. Where he is currently aligned with the heel Young Bucks against FTR.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim Cornette is a racist

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will happily eat my words if Jack Perry becomes a big draw because of this.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jim Cornette is a racist
    True.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I saw my past self I would be absolutely terrified, who wants to end up as a pile of human goo?