Page 126 of 158 FirstFirst ... 116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,600 of 15796

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping Lucha going back with Jungle Boi is a ploy and he officially turns heel. This dinosaur shit has to go. He looks cool without the mask and we still have no clue why this team is even a thing or what they're backstory is. Unless I missed Excalibum explain it with 4 paragraphs in 12 seconds.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Guess that 2 dimes guy won't be coming back to NXT in a year ? Does it look good for AEW to pick up a guy who was released from WWE for a drug test? I mean I guess they hired Jeff Hardy so

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    Guess that 2 dimes guy won't be coming back to NXT in a year ? Does it look good for AEW to pick up a guy who was released from WWE for a drug test? I mean I guess they hired Jeff Hardy so
    Come on man you've followed the pattern just like everyone else. If you've been on any form of WWE or WCW tv over the last 40 years you're going to get a match in AEW. No matter if you were a jabroni in NXT or World champion in 1990, you're getting a match lol.

Yeah man I mean they hired Jeff because they're marks. Jeff is Hogan popular but he's a complete fuck up. They hired Jeff on the premise that the big bad evil drug testing company were wrong...but see AEW doesn't do ANY drug testing so how would they know? When you're that rich you don't give a fuck because you've never had to give a fuck.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did they sign him to a contract or is this just pay per show type deal? If it is a pay per show deal he could be back in NXT at some point.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Did they sign him to a contract or is this just pay per show type deal? If it is a pay per show deal he could be back in NXT at some point.
    Probably just a pay per show deal. The word is that he's gone at least a year from WWE which I don't know why there's a time table on it.

I forgot they signed Parker Boudreaux lol. Jesus Christ it must be nice to have that kind of money.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The weird part about the AEW crowd, which includes myself, is that you would think this kind of stuff would be met with silence. That we are smart, that we can see beyond the try hard approach to get booed. The other part is that smart wrestling crowds including WWE as I feel most of their audience are smart fans as well, we tend to play along to fit the obvious narrative they're going with.

Very true. Apples and oranges in terms of what we're talking about BUT I get what you're saying. Do something "extreme" that will cause the audience that would cheer you regardless actually boo you.
    I pretty much agree with all this. Even silence from a certain part of the audience might be acceptable right after you turn on JB, because he needs enough time to get a foothold to not just have Christian be a Bucks like tweener.

It's a good call-out now. It's hard to say just "smart" for wrestling fans. it's just a different mindset when people go to the shows. Like keep most things constant, and put the Bucks in WWE. I feel like, at this point, they'd be more true heels than the kinda tweener reactions they are now. Because I feel like, with some exceptions, the AEW reaction from fans are not as storyline dependent.

There are some exceptions, and I greatly respect the work folks like MJF have done to get the reactions they do.

I enjoy elements of both products.

Side note, it's funny to me that the AEW fans who straight hate WWE are also among those going crazy for Wardlow. Cause that's as straight of WWE booking/prototype as you're ever gonna see.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think it's sad that it's one of the best in general. Christian's forced "shock and awe" comments bring it way down for me. It's a good storyline ruined by "your dad's dead" and "your son's a piece of shit!" Try hard from a guy who doesn't need to say that shit.

AEW likes to do super long feuds and at least this is entertaining. The long term storytelling they THINK is great usually sucks and drags on forever. But in this case I think we can get 1 more match and let Eddie get the dub.
    I agree somewhat that this is a bit cheap and Christian can do and has done better, but with the restrictions being as they are what they are now, it is still interesting to see where they go.

Btw your idea in another post of Lucha pretending to side with Jungle Boy and actually playing him is hella great!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I pretty much agree with all this. Even silence from a certain part of the audience might be acceptable right after you turn on JB, because he needs enough time to get a foothold to not just have Christian be a Bucks like tweener.

It's a good call-out now. It's hard to say just "smart" for wrestling fans. it's just a different mindset when people go to the shows. Like keep most things constant, and put the Bucks in WWE. I feel like, at this point, they'd be more true heels than the kinda tweener reactions they are now. Because I feel like, with some exceptions, the AEW reaction from fans are not as storyline dependent.

There are some exceptions, and I greatly respect the work folks like MJF have done to get the reactions they do.

I enjoy elements of both products.

Side note, it's funny to me that the AEW fans who straight hate WWE are also among those going crazy for Wardlow. Cause that's as straight of WWE booking/prototype as you're ever gonna see.
    I think with AEW and a lot of other promotions, the only reaction they care about is how the fans react toward a match or a move. If the majority of the crowd cheered Christian's promos the company isn't changing course.

Dude everything in AEW for the most part is treated like if it happened in WWE it sucked but outside of WWE, the same exact shit is incredible to some fans lol.

I also think there are a ton of incels in wrestling which is why Wardlow gets all this praise but Jade Cargill gets massively shit on at every turn. Both of these people would thrive way more in the WWE environment. I feel the same way about Ricky Starks and MJF. But AEW needs talent that isn't constantly searching for Meltzer's approval. They need wrestlers who don't give a fuck if you think they had a 5 star match when they're the total package.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm hoping Lucha going back with Jungle Boi is a ploy and he officially turns heel. This dinosaur shit has to go. He looks cool without the mask and we still have no clue why this team is even a thing or what they're backstory is. Unless I missed Excalibum explain it with 4 paragraphs in 12 seconds.
    They were a team in the indies before signing with AEW. They have known each for a long time. Excalibur keeps mentioning how long they have known each other. Not sure we need a backstory for why they are a team.

I am wondering if him stepping aside was just another ploy and he is staying heel. We shall see.

I don't mind the dinosaur stuff. I did like that the little time he was with Christian he was wrestling like just a big strong big man and not doing some of the more athletic things he can do. Nice touch to the heel turn to change up the style some and get away from things that may get a pop reaction from the crowd.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cargil has grown on me. I think she got pushed a bit much at first. Great athlete but she was green as hell and the character was annoying and just meh to me. Still needs some work but overall I actually enjoy her. She has developed which is nice. I wish they would let her do more non-squash matches and they are getting there.

Yeah people shit on the WWE and how they book people and love all AEW booking. Wardlow is pretty standard WWE booking. Both companies have their faults. Both companies have their strengths. I enjoy both companies. I also get frustrated by both at times. So dumb that so many people shit on one and love the other and can't just be fans of wrestling and enjoy parts of both shows and the indies and the international companies.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were a team in the indies before signing with AEW. They have known each for a long time. Excalibur keeps mentioning how long they have known each other. Not sure we need a backstory for why they are a team.

I am wondering if him stepping aside was just another ploy and he is staying heel. We shall see.

I don't mind the dinosaur stuff. I did like that the little time he was with Christian he was wrestling like just a big strong big man and not doing some of the more athletic things he can do. Nice touch to the heel turn to change up the style some and get away from things that may get a pop reaction from the crowd.
    I'm meaning the backstory behind the gimmick. I know they were a team prior, that's not a backstory lol.

The dinosaur stuff is why he'll never be anything of worth. To me. Why? I have no clue why the fuck he dresses up like a dinosaur that teams up with someone called "Jungle Boy" and for a time Marko Stunt. I thought they were trying to be a play off that kid show from way back where those 2 kids would be in the dinosaur world or whatever.

So yeah, Excalibum saying "They teamed together prior to AEW" isn't a backstory. It's him telling us they were a team prior to AEW. No shit. lol

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cargil has grown on me. I think she got pushed a bit much at first. Great athlete but she was green as hell and the character was annoying and just meh to me. Still needs some work but overall I actually enjoy her. She has developed which is nice. I wish they would let her do more non-squash matches and they are getting there.

Yeah people shit on the WWE and how they book people and love all AEW booking. Wardlow is pretty standard WWE booking. Both companies have their faults. Both companies have their strengths. I enjoy both companies. I also get frustrated by both at times. So dumb that so many people shit on one and love the other and can't just be fans of wrestling and enjoy parts of both shows and the indies and the international companies.
    I liken it to being a fan of a team versus being a fan of the sport. I'm a Celtics fan, but I love basketball so I can watch pretty much any team. Just like wrestling. I love wrestling, I don't cater to one company over the other in my opinions. But even things we are fans of we will have a negative opinion on it I'm sure. Nobody that I know watches wrestling and goes "They do it 100% right!" And we hear it from WWE fans and AEW fans that think one is perfection. It's unrealistic.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We don't have back stories for other teams that were teams before they signed to AEW. Never got a backstory for Stu Grayson and Evil Uno as far as I know. You don't always get backstories. I don't think we need a backstory for why they are team and they are not giving it anyway. All we have gotten is that they have known each other since they were kids. Good enough for me.

I don't need to know why he is a dinosaur. If he had changed gimmicks while in AEW then yeah I would want to know why all the sudden he is a dinosaur. But as for as long as I have known him he has been a dinosaur. Would be nice to know why. Probably but not needed.

Again I like the dinosaur thing. You can make an argument he would be better off without but you can also say that is how he made it in the business when he turned into a dinosaur so why fix what isn't broken.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I liken it to being a fan of a team versus being a fan of the sport. I'm a Celtics fan, but I love basketball so I can watch pretty much any team. Just like wrestling. I love wrestling, I don't cater to one company over the other in my opinions. But even things we are fans of we will have a negative opinion on it I'm sure. Nobody that I know watches wrestling and goes "They do it 100% right!" And we hear it from WWE fans and AEW fans that think one is perfection. It's unrealistic.
    Bingo. I have my teams that I love in my sports but I will watch just about any game in the sports I love despite who is playing. And yeah I hate that you have people that think one is perfection when neither are. WWE has been around a long time and clearly has been doing things right a lot but man they have had some down times as well and they don't always get shit right. AEW is doing a lot of the right things so far to keep growing like they are but not perfect. Nothing is perfect.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watch clips of AEW sometimes, but nothing is strong enough for me to sit down and watch a full Dynamite episode or a PPV. Think I'm just used to WWE to be honest, it's hard for me to venture out. Then again, I don't watch Raw or Smackdown either, but do watch the PPVs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have back stories for other teams that were teams before they signed to AEW. Never got a backstory for Stu Grayson and Evil Uno as far as I know. You don't always get backstories. I don't think we need a backstory for why they are team and they are not giving it anyway. All we have gotten is that they have known each other since they were kids. Good enough for me.

I don't need to know why he is a dinosaur. If he had changed gimmicks while in AEW then yeah I would want to know why all the sudden he is a dinosaur. But as for as long as I have known him he has been a dinosaur. Would be nice to know why. Probably but not needed.

Again I like the dinosaur thing. You can make an argument he would be better off without but you can also say that is how he made it in the business when he turned into a dinosaur so why fix what isn't broken.
    Right, but we do have a "backstory" for the Dark Order correct? We're not talking about FTR. We're talking about 1 guy who wears a dinosaur mask that teams up with Luke Perry's son who calls himself Jungle Boy. WHY is Austin Matelson portraying a dinosaur character? IDGAF if YOU want to know why. Did I tag you in any post related to my desire to have a backstory over a gimmicky as fuck thing as this Jurassic Express stuff?

Personally I do think this over the top characters should have a backstory. Like you said about Uno and Grayson. If they just showed up doing the Dark Order with no backstory just dressed the part, it would be even dumber than what we have. I guess Kane didn't need a backstory lol.

That last line is comical. Who said it wasn't broken? And who said that him being Luchasaurus is the end all be all to his career? That's just how a lot of Americans are. We accomplish the bare minimum and we call it a day.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you think about it, fandom is one of the most illogical things out there. Just saying, I have decided that I am predisposed to like this thing.

Be it for a company or team. But, in different aspects it gives some sense of community.

Like because I grew up 1.5 hours from Baltimore, and watched a lot of Orioles games as a kid, at age 5 I made a decision that has led to 4 decades of devotion, typically highlighted by frustration. Like where's the logic in our fan behaviors?

And yet yesterday evening, i broke down my reasons for cautious optimism, even knowing that within 7 years every prospect we have now will likely be signed on to a bigger market.

and not but an hour ago I told someone that "While derek jeter does make some compelling content, he can still get fucked"

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My name is Mazer.

Thank you for coming to my self-reflection.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did we ever really get a back story for the Dark Order though. I mean from what i understand they were a team but went by a different name and debuted the Dark Order thing on a show right before AEW started up. I just remember theming being the Dark Order and trying to recruit people. I didn't follow the indie scene a whole lot back at the beginning of AEW so I mean there is probably a lot of people I would have loved to have a back story on and not just teams that I just known them from what I see on AEW that were doing it on the indies. I had no idea who MJF was or Jungle Boy or Orange Cassidy. I went back and did some looking people up but I didn't need to do that to get into the characters that they were putting out there. I don't need to know why he is a dinosaur.

Again it would been nice to have some backstories but not necessary in all cases.

You said the dinosaur thing was not making him worth anything to you and I was just saying it seems to be working so why not keep going with it. I am sure he will need to tweak it or change at change at some point like anyone else but maybe not. Who is saying anything about doing the bare minimum and calling it a day.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did we ever really get a back story for the Dark Order though. I mean from what i understand they were a team but went by a different name and debuted the Dark Order thing on a show right before AEW started up. I just remember theming being the Dark Order and trying to recruit people. I didn't follow the indie scene a whole lot back at the beginning of AEW so I mean there is probably a lot of people I would have loved to have a back story on and not just teams that I just known them from what I see on AEW that were doing it on the indies. I had no idea who MJF was or Jungle Boy or Orange Cassidy. I went back and did some looking people up but I didn't need to do that to get into the characters that they were putting out there. I don't need to know why he is a dinosaur.

Again it would been nice to have some backstories but not necessary in all cases.

You said the dinosaur thing was not making him worth anything to you and I was just saying it seems to be working so why not keep going with it. I am sure he will need to tweak it or change at change at some point like anyone else but maybe not. Who is saying anything about doing the bare minimum and calling it a day.
    Not so much a backstory I guess as they weren't doing the gimmick prior to AEW. We had a story for the Dark Order. They didn't just show up and 3 years later we're still wondering what they're about. Nobody gave a fuck about Super Smash Bros. That has nothing to do with the Dark Order and the gimmick.

IDGAF who gives me the story, I want to know why Jurassic Park is a thing. The kayfabe reasoning not the "Well they were working MLW and PWG and just decided to team up randomly!"

Yes, you just saying "Eh it's working now why try to fix something that isn't broken?" is me taking that as you accepting the bare minimum i.e. he's "over". To what degree? He's barely over. Some people applaud him. He'll never grow, he'll never get to that next level. Nobody is going to take him seriously as a World champion and hey maybe that's not his goal. Maybe he's cool with being a low card guy in a tag-team that hasn't done anything memorable.

So yes, you're accepting everything as is which is typical AEW mark shit. Whatever position Tony puts a wrestler in, that's the end of it and fuck wanting to see anyone rise to more than what Tony Khan gives them.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I understand you want a backstory but I don't think it is needed. All I am saying. Hell I don't think one even exists kayfabe wise. What you said is basically what happened from what I gathered. They just started teaming up on the indies randomly. If I remember from a podcast the trio did back last year or something on that AEW Unrestricted the original plan was Marko and Jungle Boy to be a team because they hadn't signed Lucha yet but they signed Lucha and kept that team together with Marko being their third man.

I am not accepting the bare minimum. I am always open to people tweaking what they are doing or even changing completely what they are doing to keep growing. Doing face turns or heel turns or character changes. Just because I am saying it is working now no need to change it doesn't mean it should never change. He wrestled without a mask and putting the mask on is what got him over and going in the business. So just keep going with it for now. I think we both are trying to read more into what the other is saying at this point because that last line you wrote no where near applies to me.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I want them to continue on Andrade's backstory. I he came in saying he wanted to be the face of AEW, and they never followed up on that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I feel like with how reality based AEW seems to be in comparison to other companies, super gimmicky characters should have something of a backstory. Explain yourself. People might not need one, others do. It helps sell the character and it helps the talent as well. Trust me, this dude would have a story if he were in New Japan or WWE.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watch clips of AEW sometimes, but nothing is strong enough for me to sit down and watch a full Dynamite episode or a PPV. Think I'm just used to WWE to be honest, it's hard for me to venture out. Then again, I don't watch Raw or Smackdown either, but do watch the PPVs.
    yeah, we know. you've been saying the same shit for three years now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just happy Matthison figured out punctuation after 20+ years.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did give the backstory of Jurassic Express, in kayfabe...

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And out of kayfabe...

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story of Jurassic express is in their entrance video.

One day a boy was out spear fishing in the jungle. He met a dinosaur. They became friends.

Also, it was directly stolen from the movie Pete's Dragon.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I quite like Jungle Boy. I thought they were prepping him to be one of the top faces in the company.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story of Jurassic express is in their entrance video.

One day a boy was out spear fishing in the jungle. He met a dinosaur. They became friends.

Also, it was directly stolen from the movie Pete's Dragon.
    I smoke way too much weed when I watch wrestling because I do not remember that video @mth posted at all.

I can see why they don't revisit the backstory holy shit this kid must have really hated his dad.

Ah so NOT a spin off of Dragon Tales?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like Jungle Boy. I thought they were prepping him to be one of the top faces in the company.
    I like Jungle Boy but I hate his name, entrance, look, and most of his wrestling. So I honestly have no idea why I like him other than being a fan of his dad in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm just happy Matthison figured out punctuation after 20+ years.
    Can't let things like that bother you. Everyone has their style, makes them unique!

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Jungle Boy but I hate his name, entrance, look, and most of his wrestling. So I honestly have no idea why I like him other than being a fan of his dad in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
    To overcome all that, you must have really been a big fan of that role.

Like more than Luke Perry himself was.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it may be because he has the underdog charm which draws the fans in. Logically yes the guy has been bloody successful and not really an underdog if you look at cold hard facts but he still has that X-Pactor (pun kinda intended) but yeah back when he was 1-2-3 Kid where you still want to see that guy succeed more even though he’s really successful so far.

Year or two if he wins the big one the internet and AEW crowd will explode.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't remember those videos. Thanks for the share mth

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great episode of Dynamite last night. Most of the matches were pretty lit, and some good story development.

King/Darby was fucking fire. I feel like Brody King has a lot of upside, and I could see down the line House of Black doing something similar to The Prophecy where even though Black is the leader, Brody King is his champion that gets the AEW Title. But either way, great showing for him and a good follow-up after the title match. Got his name out there in the biggest spotlight, then follows up with a killer match with Darby that acts as a good rebound. I also thought that cannonball with Darby on his back was a sick twist on the spot.

I'm excited for whatever comes with this feud, whether we get Black putting Sting out 1-on-1 or things being settled in a tag match. Also curious whether Miro ends up aligning with HoB or feuding with them. Kind of thinking maybe he teams with Sting and Darby and the do a trios match with Buddy Matthews tossed in.

Glad Starks is getting more spotlight. The match with Danhausen will be whatever, but it should be fun in the least. Guess that's what happens when you're stuck defending an unofficial title.

Didn't care much for the Lee/Swerve/Nese segment, but I always dig whenever they get fairly relevant celebrities involved as long as it's not overdone.

I don't buy that Luchasaurus actually turned back. Seems like it would be a waste of the new look, music, and presentation. He's looked like a legit monster the last couple weeks and the pairing with Christian works, mask or not, so I'm hoping this is their way of establishing more heat by having Luchasaurus turn on Jungle Boy next week or something. But it's good to see ol' Jungle Jack back.

Jade looked like complete money last night, and really, that whole match was a good showing for everyone. Willow has really grown on me over the last couple months, and even though she's more of an ROH talent, I think this group of women can do a lot to really spark the women's division. Also, shout-out to dragging out Jermaine Dupri.

FTR's promo was great. Officially made my girlfriend a fan lol

And yeah, the main event was killer. A little disappointed Eddie didn't win and something weird and sloppy was happening post-match, but if they're trying to get Jericho over as the big bad who can't be beat while letting Eddie get some revenge, this was a good way of doing it. He already beat Jericho legit. At this point, he just wants to hurt him.

Some of those spots were brutal, man. That one drop Eddie took where you could see the skin hanging off from the barb going deep - OOF.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jungle Boy/Christian matches series will be fire. Hope Christian wins the first one then it escalates to ladders/TLC where Jungle Boy will get his ultimate career-maker blow-off win.

Though a case could be made for Kingston/Jericho, this one is and will be the best AEW feud for some time as this will fucking catapult Jungle Boy to the stars by the end!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To overcome all that, you must have really been a big fan of that role.

Like more than Luke Perry himself was.
    LOL. Pike 4 Life. His homeboy wound up winning the WCW World title.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I think it may be because he has the underdog charm which draws the fans in. Logically yes the guy has been bloody successful and not really an underdog if you look at cold hard facts but he still has that X-Pactor (pun kinda intended) but yeah back when he was 1-2-3 Kid where you still want to see that guy succeed more even though he’s really successful so far.

Year or two if he wins the big one the internet and AEW crowd will explode.
    Yeah that's a gigantic IF. I don't see him winning the World title for a long, long time unless something crazy happens like 80% of the roster dies lol.

I do think it's the 123 Kid quality about him that I like a lot. He doesn't do anything we haven't seen but it's good. He has a terrible look but his face has that "always sad" Luke Perry look so maybe it's hitting me in the nostalgia area.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Pike 4 Life. His homeboy wound up winning the WCW World title.

Yeah that's a gigantic IF. I don't see him winning the World title for a long, long time unless something crazy happens like 80% of the roster dies lol.

I do think it's the 123 Kid quality about him that I like a lot. He doesn't do anything we haven't seen but it's good. He has a terrible look but his face has that "always sad" Luke Perry look so maybe it's hitting me in the nostalgia area.
    Oh no, I doubt it’ll be a long reign either but nonetheless I think it will happen down the road and be a great moment even if fleeting.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, I doubt it’ll be a long reign either but nonetheless I think it will happen down the road and be a great moment even if fleeting.
    No I'm not talking about the reign. You said 1-2 years from now if he wins the big one...I'm saying if he does win the big one it won't be for years upon years.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I'm not talking about the reign. You said 1-2 years from now if he wins the big one...I'm saying if he does win the big one it won't be for years upon years.
    Oh I get ya know.

Perhaps but wouldn’t be surprised if it was sooner. Think he’ll get a catapult off this feud and wouldn’t be surprised if they pull the trigger even if just transitional.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Has a shark cage in a match ever worked as intended?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Probably not

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoooook!!!!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garcia goes over? Wow!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garcia goes over? Wow!
    LPA (Long Post Alert):
    I've always appreciated Danielson's willingness over the last few years to put over wrestlers like Adam Cole, Drew Gulak, and now Daniel Garcia because I know he sees potential from a wrestling standpoint. I remember when he first talked about some of the young talent in AEW in that promo he did where he name dropped Garcia on tv and in interviews. In hindsight it really makes you wish Garcia was in Yuta's spot. I personally think you could figure out a way to replace Yuta with Garcia.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is Hook the only undefeated wrestler in AEW? Well Cesaro I suppose.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LPA (Long Post Alert):
    I've always appreciated Danielson's willingness over the last few years to put over wrestlers like Adam Cole, Drew Gulak, and now Daniel Garcia because I know he sees potential from a wrestling standpoint. I remember when he first talked about some of the young talent in AEW in that promo he did where he name dropped Garcia on tv and in interviews. In hindsight it really makes you wish Garcia was in Yuta's spot. I personally think you could figure out a way to replace Yuta with Garcia.
    Agreed.

Happy for Garcia.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Hook the only undefeated wrestler in AEW? Well Cesaro I suppose.
    Jade, Paige, Paul Wight, Satnam Singh, I think Sting is undefeated in singles action.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Loved the match between Garcia and Danielson and it was nice to see Garcia go over. I think there is a fair amount of people that would have preferred Garcia instead of Yuta in BCC. He could benefit from that group for sure.

Hook with the orange trunks taking the FTW title was lovely. I wasn't surprised by Hobbs turning on Starks. Fans are cheering Starks so time to switch him to face.

Trios titles finally coming. Awkward moment between Bucks and Page. Undisputed Elite announced for next week. Wonder if Omega is cleared or almost cleared.

Enjoyed the verbal sparring between Jericho and Moxley. Should be a good match in a couple weeks.

Overall good show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot about the Trios just like I forgot about the FTW belt, the All-Atlantic but not really title, etc. Fuckin Trios. Honestly this should've been in the mix a year or so ago. Everyone is in at least a 3-person stable and if a company like ROH with their small roster can make it interesting AEW definitely can.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a very productive episode of Dynamite in the sense it really helped create or establish motivations for the developing tier of talent (Starks, Hobbs, Hook, Jungle Boy, Garcia, etc.)

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Enjoyed the Jungle Boy segment. Still has room to grow on the mic but he keeps improving.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like that PAC is going around and just defending the All Atlantic title all over the place.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Moxley vs. Jericho should be good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moxley vs. Jericho should be good.
    DREAM MATCH!!

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah because we haven't had it before. Oh wait.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I loved how Jericho was all like I will be the first two time champ and Moxley pointed out he was the first two time champ.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved how Jericho was all like I will be the first two time champ and Moxley pointed out he was the first two time champ.
    Until the interim part gets scrapped neither would be a true 2x champion. Moxley is babysitting the title for fuck knows how long.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot about the Trios just like I forgot about the FTW belt, the All-Atlantic but not really title, etc. Fuckin Trios. Honestly this should've been in the mix a year or so ago. Everyone is in at least a 3-person stable and if a company like ROH with their small roster can make it interesting AEW definitely can.
    I kinda like the thought of just dropping tag titles and lumping it with trios all together and make a faction title that can be defended in 2. 3. or 4 person matches.

It's actually relevant in the way AEW presents their product.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That is in interesting concept.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds pretty innovative. It will kill the tag division but most of the tag teams are already in a stable of some kind so it wouldn't be too big of a slaughter.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many belts do we need between ROH and AEW sheesh.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well hopefully ROH ends up with its own show at some point and we won't see those titles as much on AEW.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thought it was a bit corny when the guy in JAS said "AEW Galaxy" and "Appreciate me!", but I suppose that's the point.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryce Remsburg saw Danielson collapse and then just look dazed multiple times and was like, WE GOOD!!!

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thought it was a bit corny when the guy in JAS said "AEW Galaxy" and "Appreciate me!", but I suppose that's the point.
    Yeah that is the point. They are sports entertainers and they take those shots at WWE all the time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well hopefully ROH ends up with its own show at some point and we won't see those titles as much on AEW.
    AEW has too many titles. 2 new titles have been introduced in the last month. Why? So PAC doesn't have to renew his work visa?

I'm actually shocked there isn't a Dark championship. How many 50/50 back and forth star v. jobber matches do they usually have? 15-20 an episode? That should warrant a Dark championship.

ROH will get their own show but I have major doubts it'll be treated as it's own thing. That's not what many AEW want. They want the interpromotional stuff. AAA and NJPW titles have been defended on their shows several times. I don't see a contracted AEW wrestler carrying a ROH title not showing up on AEW. And the only title that seems to matter is the Women's TBS. Why? Undefeated Jade. Nobody is going to give a shit about the next champ unless it's like Sasha Banks.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from thinking AEW needs to consolidate belts to thinking they need to add the Dark championship.

Colt Cabana-Dark Champion T-shirts.....that's just like printing money.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes there will be interpromotional stuff since all of the ROH champs are pretty much AEW people except for the new 6 man champs. And you will see the titles but I don't think you will see as much as far as title defenses and what not on AEW once ROH has its own show. Right now since they have only had two shows since Kahn bought them ROH titles are being defended on AEW and I think will see less of that. Won't go away but less.

I will say yeah I have no idea why they added the All Atlantic title. not needed. Trios is not needed but fans have been wanting it so I am fine with that.

Little surprised they haven't done a Dark championship. They don't have quite as many matches as they used to now that they tape stuff for Elevation before Dynamite. Not sure about Dark. Probably still has a million matches since they tape tons of stuff at once.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not that negative to the Trios titles only because of the obvious faction comments we've made. I just think it's overkill when you literally just added a title that A-doesn't even make sense and B-isn't being defended here.

I'll age myself but I hated back in the late 80's early 90's when NWA/WCW would have the US Tag titles. And then they had the International title and the World title....

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah that whole international and world title stuff was so weird.

Never understood the need for two tag titles either and tag team wrestling is my favorite and yet guess what. I am pretty sure I read they are bringing back the US tag titles to the NWA at the upcoming shows here in St. Louis.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Best Dynamite in some time this week. The wrestling is always good but it was the character stuff that stood out this week. Starks/Hook/Hobbs, Jungle Boy/Christian, the Bucks/Page/Dark Order, Jericho's involvement, etc. It definitely feels like there's a cycle where things really cool off after a big show. We still get good matches week in week out but it feels like they're treading water a bit otherwise. Then when the time comes TK wakes up and things get hot again as they begin the build to another big show.

Wonder if the trios tournament will be 8 teams or 16. You've got...

Death Triangle
    House of Black
    BCC
    Elite
    Undisputed
    JAS
    Best Friends
    Page & Dark Order or just Dark Order
    The Factory
    Gunn Club
    Wingmen
    Faccion Ingobernable? (Andrade, Rush, Dragon Lee?)
    Tully Blanchard Enterprises
    Remnants of AFO

You could have had Kingston/Santana/Ortiz or Punk & FTR if there weren't injuries.

Almost enough.
    Last edited by Ringo; July 29th, 2022 at 2:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dynamite was great this week. They let the younger guys dominate the show and it really highlighted how well they've been built. Revolving the show around JB, Starks, Guevara and Dante Martin and then putting Garcia over Danielson at the end really puts the brakes on the "WWE guy" narrative, I think.

I popped for the Lionheart moniker being used again on television. I was a 10-year-old mark when Jericho smashed up Mysterio's knee in WCW and I absolutely hated him. That WCW period of Jericho is one of my fondest memories of wrestling fandom and it's cool to have it treated as 'canon', for lack of a better term. In general, I like AEW's tendency to reference past continuity, i.e. Taz mentioning on commentary his '95 neck injury.

Starks/Danhausen/Hook/Hobbes segment was the best 30 minutes of booking I've seen in awhile. All of these guys offer something and I think Starks and Hobbes are great main event prospects. Starks came out of that loss looking stronger and turning face all at once, which is a hard thing to pull off. I did not see Hobbes' turn coming at all.

Hook as FTW champ is good, though there are too many titles getting TV time imo.

I have issues with tiers in AEW. I don't like guys like John Silver (who I like) or mid-card newcomers like RUSH going 15-20 minutes with world title contenders. But I'd be hard pressed to argue AEW isn't building new stars.
    Last edited by Motherboy; July 29th, 2022 at 7:00 AM. Reason: I LOVE YOU

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hobbs w/ the new mews, boyyy! Fuckin dig it. Orange Cassidy's music sucks.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw Warner Discovery axed Batgirl and a couple other movies, then saw that AEW might be in trouble too. But then I've been reading WWE is going to be sold for like 5 years now and it never happened. Hopefully not, as more companies is better for the talent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Warner Discovery axed Batgirl and a couple other movies, then saw that AEW might be in trouble too. But then I've been reading WWE is going to be sold for like 5 years now and it never happened. Hopefully not, as more companies is better for the talent.
    Yeah this has been something in terms of AEW's status on the network that's been going around for a little bit. I mean this is exactly what fucked WCW back in the day. When the guy who really liked "wrasslin" on his network lost power bye bye WCW.

Honestly I think that AEW will be fine. I think if they lose the TNT spot they'll find another platform. 21 years ago WCW didn't have the option to even go straight to streaming which I'm sure they would've had that option as they were still drawing people. So if AEW isn't on TNT/TBS I can see them going to a different channel no doubt about it. Or at the very least they go the streaming route and get a deal on Hulu or Prime or whatever the fuck.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That would be nice, a wrestling show on a streaming platform with no commercials.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Claudio/Takeshati was….*chef’s kiss*

I hope Takeshati gets a belt soon.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    everyone other than bryan danielson needs to stop doing the face stomps and the seated elbow strikes

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Claudio/Takeshati was….*chef’s kiss*

I hope Takeshati gets a belt soon.
    Oh I'm sure AEW will create the Nova Scotia Regional X-Division championship and have this dude win it.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nova Scotia is New Scotland in English.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it’s settled. Takeshita for the new Scottish AEW champion. Cool with that.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You really just need a world title, secondary title, tag titles, women's title, and women's tag. If you have enough women's wrestlers then have a secondary women's title.

Then you have a King of the Ring tournament, or Owen Hart's Cup, so guys on the rise have something to build off of. Or Bragging Rights, Royal Rumble victories, etc.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've read reports recently that Tony Khan is worse than Vince McMahon backstage. Find that hard to believe!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read reports recently that Tony Khan is worse than Vince McMahon backstage. Find that hard to believe!
    It's all perspective. You have people who praise Vince and people who loathe him. I'm sure there are some people who have dealt with Tony and thought he was fantastic. Just how he comes across on social media and on camera especially at the post-ppv stuff, I can see how he'd rub people the wrong way. Dude probably doesn't have normal social skills as he's been bathing in billions since he was born. Ask people how Paris Hilton is behind the scenes, I'd say they're in the same category.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Khan screams either "autistic", "sheltered and incredibly socially awkward", and/or "heavily medicated/on drugs" to me. He has all the spastic energy of a kid wanting to show his parents the picture he drew so they put it on the fridge every time he comes onscreen. He's not authoritative and he's not a great public speaker, but he's just so darn earnest and excited to be there, you can't help but like him at least a little bit. But even if you like him, you still have to admit he can get a little grating all the same.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what forum Tony was on back in the day.

There's a 0 percent chance he wasn't.

For all the positive and negative that entails

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, the way Tony Khan is thanked and praised constantly at live shows reminds me of the Teeehouse of Horrors episode where Bart was omnipotent.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I wonder what forum Tony was on back in the day.

There's a 0 percent chance he wasn't.

For all the positive and negative that entails
    It's widely believed that he posted under the name "Coach Tony K" on DVDVR in the early 2000s. Coach Tony K created one particularly notorious thread: https://web.archive.org/web/20041013...19896&view=all

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    What was Tony Nese doing on Rampage last Friday? He threw the powder into the eyes of Keith Lee, which the big man sold, but then Nese threw the powder into his own eyes. Commentary ignored it. Obviously he no-sold the act of self-harm. It was like he was taking the piss.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    It's widely believed that he posted under the name "Coach Tony K" on DVDVR in the early 2000s. Coach Tony K created one particularly notorious thread: https://web.archive.org/web/20041013...19896&view=all

Thank you for sharing this

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Jeannette story. Spoiler for length:

Another plane ride from hell!

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    To be honest, I stopped reading at "I could by Vince Mcmahon out"

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Tony Khan screams either "autistic", "sheltered and incredibly socially awkward", and/or "heavily medicated/on drugs" to me. He has all the spastic energy of a kid wanting to show his parents the picture he drew so they put it on the fridge every time he comes onscreen. He's not authoritative and he's not a great public speaker, but he's just so darn earnest and excited to be there, you can't help but like him at least a little bit. But even if you like him, you still have to admit he can get a little grating all the same.
    I hate labeling anyone autistic. It's like the fuckin go-to, that and bipolar.

I could buy the sheltered part but I don't think he's been sheltered from society I think he's been sheltered from normal interactions and every day life. Which is typical with these super rich kids. They all grow up socially awkward and entitled as fuck. I have no doubts that Tony is probably on drugs whether that prescription, cocaine, definitely not weed he's too amped up.

He's Master Bates from the Toy and the roster are his Jack Brown. Regal needs to take this boy over his knee asap.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd imagine that Triple H taking over WWE, and the rumors of WB Discover making changes/axing shows/etc., and the recent string of injuries AEW has seen have gotta fuck you up mentally. Stress has got to be through the roof for that guy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony also runs a crappy American football team and a bad English football team.

I can't imagine Tony Khan gets a whole lot of sleep or relaxation.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't really run the Jags.

He just regularly provides them with undergrad level over-confident analysis.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    TK also seems to react to criticism, good or bad. I liked VKM's mentality of not reading or hearing any criticism and just move forward. Just don't have affairs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony is a super mark fan that's why he addresses the podcasts and the dirtsheets the way he does. This guy reminds me a lot of Eric Bischoff. But I will say this, Vince used to sell a lot of criticism as well. Go back and watch his interview on Larry King Live with Bruno. Go back and watch his interviews with Michael Landsberg. Vince in the 90's was a ruthless motherfucker. Post-Bob Costas and taking the company public he dialed it down a little. But I mean he was talking smack not too long ago about how he would send Tony Khan some more talent lol.