Stings paint looks awesome.

EDIT: Darby's too.

I'm digging the black underneath.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Top of Darby's head was bleeding, he takes the suicide part of suicide dive too seriously. Hope he's okay.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would have did Thunder and Jade as the final, personally.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cody looks like he had a bad sunburn or something, his back is peeling badly.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somehow I feel like Cody got the worst of that finish, lol. They couldn't have come up with a better way to do that spot? Just asinine.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Somehow I feel like Cody got the worst of that finish, lol. They couldn't have come up with a better way to do that spot? Just asinine.
    Call me crazy, but that peeling skin on Cody's back from the near beginning, and seeing how it ended, makes me think they practiced that spot somehow. And Brandy is sadistic, l love it. She was smiling and licking her lips the entire time. That, plus her having Awesome Kong collecting hair for her back in the beginnings of the show, leads me to this.

If I have one criticism of Ruby is that she looks terrified all the time. It worked for the end of the match after that impossible poison rana and then regular? rana and was surprised Statlander still kicked out, but that is something that kinda irks me about her for now. Looked like Kris had a busted lip, too, so a hard fought contest.

I wonder if they are not so subtly leading to a Punk/Cole match...

Danielson vs Angels seemed like it never really got going for some reason. But I guess you can't have Bryan going all out every week if the big match is in two weeks.

Hate to say it, but I think they unintentionally cooled off Dante Martin with the sudden turn. At least until they give me a storyline reason why he did it. You can't just do the "I don't owe you an explanation" angle. Well, they could. But I wouldn't like it

Thunder Rosa ranting in Spanish tickles me.

A good show tonight.

Oh, and Wardlow is a monster.

And how can I forget Sting and Darby. Darby in particular is a lunatic with those dives through the ropes. But damn it he doesn't make you BELIEVE them when he does them. Dude bounced off Billy Gunn like Kano in Mortal Kombat.
    Last edited by Supernovametalstar; December 1st, 2021 at 11:31 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure it was worth the potshot by MJF to take at Punk to talk about the drinking when there's a talent within the company who is in rehab. Britt didn't need the ricochet shots, either. Oh well. MJF may be overdoing it by continually calling him PG Punk. Punk gave Moriarty a ton for that match, so kudos to him.

Allin bounced off Billy Gunn in a truly remarkable way haha.

You could hear a pin drop at the start of that verbal jousting between Tazz and Rush.

Anderson took a hard ass fall but it seemed like he was okay. Cody's back looked like he had zero self awareness for body upkeep after being in the sun but that was obviously a protective measure for the finish. Couldn't he have just worn something different to look less...distracting? Cody does seem to go big in Atlanta.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

My money's on Wangman.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a fun font choice

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The delusional fans applauding Cody and Andrade comparing it to Edge v. Mick Foley is exactly why I can't stand most of the people who watch anything outside of WWE. At least with WWE delusional fans I'm not reading or listening to them try to say stupid shit like that about The Fiend getting set on fire. Why are we even doing a flaming table spot in that match to begin with? LOL.

I'm watching it thinking, holy fuck, these idiots are probably thinking it'll get Cody over as a babyface. Sorry guys, but there's one thing super marks in wrestling love to do more than anything and that's boo a forced babyface.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

My money's on Wangman.
    How has that not been someone's name by now? I heard about someone saying they misspelled his name and thought "did the graphics department turn on Adam Page"? No, it's just a weird ass gothic font.

I heard Cody (on commentary?) saying something about an opponent getting slapped in the face and he said there was a lot of that going on in his house, or something to that nature. I'm telling you, Brandy is a dominatrix that gets off on seeing her man hurt. No, the flaming table spot wasn't necessary, but Brandy thought "hey, a streetfight! Lemme just pick up a couple things from Ace. Be right back."

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW is too predictable when it comes to the World championship. Super long reigns aren't necessary for every single talent. Wangman losing to Danielson and then regaining it around WrestleMania would be incredible.

Page doesn't even need the World title.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say this....Props to AEW for not having a single former WWE talent as champion right now. It's tough to not have one considering it was the main place to make money in the US until 2019. That's probably the main reason Danielson isn't going to win. AEW are not about growth, if they grow cool if not oh well. This is not a life or death situation for the owner of this promotion. Page isn't going to bring any new fans and old heads who didn't watch outside of WWE for the last 20 years don't know him.

That's why you see Punk having this jabroni matches instead of being in a top tier program. Have you noticed he hasn't even really had a program with anyone that lasted longer than a few weeks? MJF might be his first real feud.

Trampoline Cosplay Cowboy Vandal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am hearing Brian Danielson was on Dark as a Masked Wrestler named Infinito
    Last edited by Vandal; December 2nd, 2021 at 1:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I am hearing Brian Danielson was on Dark as a Masked Wrestler named Infatino.
    Infinito. He did a super long airplane spin for a finish. Take that, Cesaro.
    https://streamable.com/5d7ugf

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I will say this....Props to AEW for not having a single former WWE talent as champion right now. It's tough to not have one considering it was the main place to make money in the US until 2019. That's probably the main reason Danielson isn't going to win. AEW are not about growth, if they grow cool if not oh well. This is not a life or death situation for the owner of this promotion. Page isn't going to bring any new fans and old heads who didn't watch outside of WWE for the last 20 years don't know him.

That's why you see Punk having this jabroni matches instead of being in a top tier program. Have you noticed he hasn't even really had a program with anyone that lasted longer than a few weeks? MJF might be his first real feud.
    Feels like all of Punk's interactions stem from "Hey, I heard you saying my name" or at least it feels that way. I liked the involvement with Team Taz and wish it actually went longer where maybe someone would have aligned themselves with Punk - Rush & Martin, perhaps - but that's in another direction already.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Feels like all of Punk's interactions stem from "Hey, I heard you saying my name" or at least it feels that way. I liked the involvement with Team Taz and wish it actually went longer where maybe someone would have aligned themselves with Punk - Rush & Martin, perhaps - but that's in another direction already.
    Yeah a lot of it feels like everyone is clout chasing lol. MJF was mad Punk DIDN'T say his name.

I'll be honest, I wasn't really a fan of anything he's done until this MJF stuff. It feels backwards seeing CM Punk, probably the biggest name under 50 in that company, and he's working with lower card talent right off the bat.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah a lot of it feels like everyone is clout chasing lol. MJF was mad Punk DIDN'T say his name.

I'll be honest, I wasn't really a fan of anything he's done until this MJF stuff. It feels backwards seeing CM Punk, probably the biggest name under 50 in that company, and he's working with lower card talent right off the bat.
    I'm not gonna be one to complain that some of Punk's interactions have been with lower card guys. Darby and MJF are probably the only exceptions thus far, but it's getting people involved. This is probably what Punk wanted, I'm not gonna complain. An interesting twist to Punk-MJF would be MJF costing Punk some wins again jobbers and then MJF deciding he's above that and tries to dodge getting involved with Punk.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Peter Griffin Punk

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    I'm not gonna be one to complain that some of Punk's interactions have been with lower card guys. Darby and MJF are probably the only exceptions thus far, but it's getting people involved. This is probably what Punk wanted, I'm not gonna complain. An interesting twist to Punk-MJF would be MJF costing Punk some wins again jobbers and then MJF deciding he's above that and tries to dodge getting involved with Punk.
    I don't see it as complaining, I see it as being honest. These people were already involved and I'd even say that it's almost a negative to work with Punk because look at these wrestlers post-Punk.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I am hearing Brian Danielson was on Dark as a Masked Wrestler named Infinito
    He did and he knocked himself loopy for a split second with his dive outside. God dammit, Byran.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think Punk wasn't ring ready, blowing up quickly, been out the ring 7 years. Sure he has done some behind the scenes practice but wouldn't translate to full fitness and working at his best in a live scenario.

Maybes they wanted him to get back to bear as fit as he could before putting him in big feuds. Makes sense when we've saw Batista, The Rock etc come back and look terrible in massive feuds because they were rusty as hell and had t wrestled properly for years.

If he's here for a while makes sense to let him work his way back over time and does I harm to the show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Danielson's the best American (if not overall) wrestler of all time at this point, right? His in ring body of work spanning 20 years speaks for itself, but the character has been spectacular too for a guy that isn't a truly great promo. His mannerisms and charisma make up for it. Most consistent in ring performer, transcended the business for a while with the yes stuff, has been both sides of the coin for the two most satisfying title wins of the last decade, "yes", Team Hell No, I have til 5, Eco warrior, that return promo. Just an immaculate pro wrestler. For some reason Meltzer wasn't as much of a fan back in the day so his online cred maybe isn't as stellar as it should be, but half of his ROH defences were better than anything Will Ospreay has ever done.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    Think Punk wasn't ring ready, blowing up quickly, been out the ring 7 years. Sure he has done some behind the scenes practice but wouldn't translate to full fitness and working at his best in a live scenario.

Maybes they wanted him to get back to bear as fit as he could before putting him in big feuds. Makes sense when we've saw Batista, The Rock etc come back and look terrible in massive feuds because they were rusty as hell and had t wrestled properly for years.

If he's here for a while makes sense to let him work his way back over time and does I harm to the show.
    And it's not like Punk should only battle the big dogs. He's in a yard full of young pups that need that rub from tussling with one of the biggest names in the business today. Punk's here to elevate. He's doing that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck Dave Meltzer.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder if Bryan's gotten better at social media or if he has a guy.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryan has always been a troll, so this doesn't seem that out of character to me

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I can't work out if Cody is turning heel or if he's trying too hard not to. If it's the latter, that's pretty sad. I mean, that flaming table spot, like has already been said, was so unnecessary.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No way Daniel Bryan wins this match, right?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Bryan's gotten better at social media or if he has a guy.
    Because he called him Wangman like 20,000 others did when they saw that image? Not exactly a Bill Burr level diss.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I can't work out if Cody is turning heel or if he's trying too hard not to. If it's the latter, that's pretty sad. I mean, that flaming table spot, like has already been said, was so unnecessary.
    The thing is with Cody, I personally think he's turning heel but what sticks out in a lot of people's minds is the comment he made a few years ago about how there aren't heels and babyfaces, it's a tired method of booking wrestling, etc. He said he'll never turn heel. He's a smart dude and anyone who says differently while watching AEW is delusional. I think that he's going to turn heel but do it in a way where he continues to act like he's in the right-which is what great villains are all about.

The best parts of his career according to many are the points that he was a heel. I think at the beginning of AEW people were on board with him as a top tier babyface. But as time goes by, and more and more WWE guys roll in and get over, plus his wife is an idiot. He'd do good to lean in to what people assume about him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    No way Daniel Bryan wins this match, right?
    One thing about AEW is that their title matches are extremely predictable and that's fine as long as it's a good result. Page v. Danielson will be a very good match and I'd love to see Dragon win but I doubt it. If they want to shock us, take the title off Page. But they're not about that.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I would be ok with Bryan winning as a shock. He'd be a great heel champion that would be a big shot in the arm. I'm not sure if you were sort of joking earlier or being 100% serious, but I do think Hangman winning would be perfectly fine, too. Especially if Bryan as a heel isn't long-term. It'd be nice to establish more credibility with him and make his title reign look like less of a fluke. He's still over and the crowd has been behind him firmly so far in the feud.

Ideally, I think I'd like to see Hangman have like 3 defenses, with one strong one at the next PPV. Then have him lose to MJF or a heel Cody sometime between Revolution and Double or Nothing. Establish credibility, let him have a notable run, but get the heat back before the "Too Guy Babyface" schtick wears thin.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Yeah, I would be ok with Bryan winning as a shock. He'd be a great heel champion that would be a big shot in the arm. I'm not sure if you were sort of joking earlier or being 100% serious, but I do think Hangman winning would be perfectly fine, too. Especially if Bryan as a heel isn't long-term. It'd be nice to establish more credibility with him and make his title reign look like less of a fluke. He's still over and the crowd has been behind him firmly so far in the feud.

Ideally, I think I'd like to see Hangman have like 3 defenses, with one strong one at the next PPV. Then have him lose to MJF or a heel Cody sometime between Revolution and Double or Nothing. Establish credibility, let him have a notable run, but get the heat back before the "Too Guy Babyface" schtick wears thin.
    Oh yeah I was being serious about being cool with Page winning. Especially if what you mentioned about having MJF or a heel Cody take that title from him.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would also be good for AEW to shake up the title reign lengths a bit, too. So far every champ has held the belt 6+ months, with the last two holding the better part of the year. So a shorter 3-4 month reign would be a nice breather.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would also be good for AEW to shake up the title reign lengths a bit, too. So far every champ has held the belt 6+ months, with the last two holding the better part of the year. So a shorter 3-4 month reign would be a nice breather.
    I felt like Omega's run was very underwhelming. He didn't have really any big marquee matches after the deathmatch with Mox which had an ending that overshadowed what was a pretty good deathmatch. I also feel like Page was going to go over a couple months ago so we wouldn't have needed the Christian Cage stuff.

I said it months ago, what Page does after winning the title will be what matters most. He's essentially a nobody outside of the super hardcore fanbase, which you could probably say about every champion they have right now. Which is fine. But he's carrying the flag and right now he's doing alright. The Dork Order needs to go.

I will give props to AEW in the sense that it's traditionally a babyface path that Danielson is taking to get to Page, so to see a "heel" take down each guy one by one in the Dork Order--interesting. I'm not a fan of anyone he's wrestled in that crew, but I like the concept. Kind of like JBL--I liked the concept of JBL I just hated JBL in general so it never clicked for me.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt like Omega's run was very underwhelming. He didn't have really any big marquee matches after the deathmatch with Mox which had an ending that overshadowed what was a pretty good deathmatch. I also feel like Page was going to go over a couple months ago so we wouldn't have needed the Christian Cage stuff.

I said it months ago, what Page does after winning the title will be what matters most. He's essentially a nobody outside of the super hardcore fanbase, which you could probably say about every champion they have right now. Which is fine. But he's carrying the flag and right now he's doing alright. The Dork Order needs to go.

I will give props to AEW in the sense that it's traditionally a babyface path that Danielson is taking to get to Page, so to see a "heel" take down each guy one by one in the Dork Order--interesting. I'm not a fan of anyone he's wrestled in that crew, but I like the concept. Kind of like JBL--I liked the concept of JBL I just hated JBL in general so it never clicked for me.
    Out of curiosity, if you could sack every member of Dark Order, but HAD to keep one, who would you pick?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity, if you could sack every member of Dark Order, but HAD to keep one, who would you pick?
    Colt. And I would have him at the booth. Maybe he's creative as well and you could have him help out on promos, storylines, etc. He can talk, he can work, and I'v heard him commentate a bunch of matche plus his podcast, he sounds incredible on the mic.

Colt's lucky because he has always been given respect, he had a reputable career attached to Ring of Honor's peak years. I barely remember he's even part of this shit stable he looks extremely out of place. Everyone else has to try and wash that DO stench off them and I don't know if it'll work. This stable has been fucked since the jump. I hate everything about it. I hated Luke Harper coming over and doing some idiotic Vince McMahon parody. I hate that everyone uses his death to try and get over because they fucking suck.

So I just want to see the stable burn.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cody is a smart man but whatever he is doing right now is not working for me. I get he is trying to not do things in kind of a traditional way. He said in the one promo that the easy thing would be to turn but he is not going to do that. He seems to be trying hard to not be a heel almost to the point of trying too hard. It might be by design. It is not coming off well to me. I am all about doing things differently and what not. I think that is great but sometimes just going with the flow and with the crowd is the way to go. I seriously have no interest in Cody right now and haven't for a while. His run with MJF was great in my view and his runs with the TNT titles and brief feud with Brodie were really good. But after that lost interest and losing even more interest at this point. The street fight was overkill in a lot of ways. I don't mind AEW and WWE taking some pot shots at each other but pretty sure we have seen the sledge hammer bit before. Same with the golden shovel. Flaming table spot was not needed and seemed botched to me.

I am digging Danielson and this turn and going through the Dark Order. I hate he is the first defense for Hangman. They did such a good job of getting Hangman to this point and he needs a good solid run even if not real long he needs it for a few months at least. Granted a win over Danielson would be good but I just don't want to see Danielson lose just yet. Maybe me being a homer for him.

I have to agree that I think Omega's reign was not as good as I was expecting. I was excited with the whole crossover thing with Impact but at the end of the day he had some good matches and defenses but not much of anything after Moxley. It was not a bad reign. But not what I thought it would be. Wonder if he got spread too thin between the two shows and wrestling on ppvs for both companies at a double champ.

I personally love the Dark Order. It was a slow burn for me and I didn't like Brodie's character at first but then he did some tweaking and it worked. I also enjoyed the stuff he was doing with Colt and I hate that we never really got to see a finish to that. I can see why people are bit over them though. But I really like them and some talented folks in there like Colt and Grayson. Angels is good too and only going to get better.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuck Dave Meltzer.
    Yes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Cody is a smart man but whatever he is doing right now is not working for me. I get he is trying to not do things in kind of a traditional way. He said in the one promo that the easy thing would be to turn but he is not going to do that. He seems to be trying hard to not be a heel almost to the point of trying too hard. It might be by design. It is not coming off well to me. I am all about doing things differently and what not. I think that is great but sometimes just going with the flow and with the crowd is the way to go. I seriously have no interest in Cody right now and haven't for a while. His run with MJF was great in my view and his runs with the TNT titles and brief feud with Brodie were really good. But after that lost interest and losing even more interest at this point. The street fight was overkill in a lot of ways. I don't mind AEW and WWE taking some pot shots at each other but pretty sure we have seen the sledge hammer bit before. Same with the golden shovel. Flaming table spot was not needed and seemed botched to me.

I am digging Danielson and this turn and going through the Dark Order. I hate he is the first defense for Hangman. They did such a good job of getting Hangman to this point and he needs a good solid run even if not real long he needs it for a few months at least. Granted a win over Danielson would be good but I just don't want to see Danielson lose just yet. Maybe me being a homer for him.

I have to agree that I think Omega's reign was not as good as I was expecting. I was excited with the whole crossover thing with Impact but at the end of the day he had some good matches and defenses but not much of anything after Moxley. It was not a bad reign. But not what I thought it would be. Wonder if he got spread too thin between the two shows and wrestling on ppvs for both companies at a double champ.

I personally love the Dark Order. It was a slow burn for me and I didn't like Brodie's character at first but then he did some tweaking and it worked. I also enjoyed the stuff he was doing with Colt and I hate that we never really got to see a finish to that. I can see why people are bit over them though. But I really like them and some talented folks in there like Colt and Grayson. Angels is good too and only going to get better.
    He had 8 matches that spread out over 7 months. I don't think that was the issue. At all.

The main issue is that Kenny Omega winning the title was poorly timed. IMHO, he should've been their first champion. I wasn't a fan of him and Page being a tag-team and their feud wasn't anything special either. Too short, too many gaps due to Page's pregnancy and now Omega's hurt. I like watching him wrestle but what I've learned from his reign as IWGP champion and AEW champion is that maybe this guy just isn't World championship material. But again, with AEW, I think it was poor timing. It should've been Omega v. Jericho with Omega getting the clean W and then rolling into a feud with Moxley for the title. Pass the title to Moxley and THEN think about maybe giving it to an old timer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Yes.
    lol maybe don't fuck him THAT hard.

He's just never been someone who's opinion I took as gospel. The proof is what FB mentioned, how it basically took Danielson to come to a company that Dave liked to give him a "coveted" 5 star rating. Personally I don't give a shit what Dave Meltzer likes and I hate listening to people parakeet his views. Dave Meltzer is an old weird groomer of young bucks that should've been knocked the fuck out by a wrestler back in the 80's, early 90's. Whenever he showed on Geraldo or whatever with that whack ass perm.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think people expected Omega to be the first champ and I think it was good to not do that. Same with the Bucks. I honestly think Jericho was the good call. I just expected Omega to beat him but them Moxley came around and that worked well I think. But yeah timing probably was part of the problem here. Omega is one of the best in the world in the ring and I think a good champ but he doesn't always come off that way though. My wife never really got him when he was doing promos and such so yeah to a degree more casual fans probably never cared for him much.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    lol maybe don't fuck him THAT hard.

He's just never been someone who's opinion I took as gospel. The proof is what FB mentioned, how it basically took Danielson to come to a company that Dave liked to give him a "coveted" 5 star rating. Personally I don't give a shit what Dave Meltzer likes and I hate listening to people parakeet his views. Dave Meltzer is an old weird groomer of young bucks that should've been knocked the fuck out by a wrestler back in the 80's, early 90's. Whenever he showed on Geraldo or whatever with that whack ass perm.
    Yeah I hate his ratings. They are his opinion yet people take them to gospel. Some of his 5 star or more matches were not all that great in my view and some other matches he didn't like were way better in my view. Fine that he has an opinion but hate people thinking his ratings are anything more than one man's opinion who clearly fucking hates the WWE except NXT to a degree.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lars Sullivan had a five star match before Bryan Danielson, in a 2010's multi man ladder match which all just molded into one. His opinions are his own but they're not great. I've seen most of his ROH title run and they were better than the 5 star match explosion of the last decade. That fucking KENTA match he worked with the bad shoulder. The first 2 Roderick matches. Styles. Marufuji. All the McGuinness bouts. Alex Shelley, Jimmy Rave, Chris Hero, Rocky Romero, the Joe draw, Delirious. What a run that was, such variety. That September-September part of the title reign was just incredible. He's been great for 20 years but that stretch might be the best year anybody has had.

It's crazy watching those early ROH's with clean shaven, young Danielson. He wrestled a physically compelling style but he was quite dull - like a more athletic Dean Malenko. Nobody could have expected him to grow into this level of performer. He showed glimpses of it but never really came into his own until he ramped up the heel tendencies. Once he was off to the races nobodies been better since.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes you wonder what could have happened in WWE's Nexus days if he hadn't choked Justin.

Heel daniel bryan with original nexys could have been an interesting opening act.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Lars Sullivan had a five star match before Bryan Danielson, in a 2010's multi man ladder match which all just molded into one. His opinions are his own but they're not great. I've seen most of his ROH title run and they were better than the 5 star match explosion of the last decade. That fucking KENTA match he worked with the bad shoulder. The first 2 Roderick matches. Styles. Marufuji. All the McGuinness bouts. Alex Shelley, Jimmy Rave, Chris Hero, Rocky Romero, the Joe draw, Delirious. What a run that was, such variety. That September-September part of the title reign was just incredible. He's been great for 20 years but that stretch might be the best year anybody has had.

It's crazy watching those early ROH's with clean shaven, young Danielson. He wrestled a physically compelling style but he was quite dull - like a more athletic Dean Malenko. Nobody could have expected him to grow into this level of performer. He showed glimpses of it but never really came into his own until he ramped up the heel tendencies. Once he was off to the races nobodies been better since.
    I've been a fan of his since around late 2000 when I heard his name, American Dragon. I thought of Don the Dragon Wilson lol. I remember people not giving him a snowball's chance in Hell back in that time you're speaking of. Especially when he started wearing the cape. People thought he'd never amount to anything in a place like WWE and I don't blame them for thinking that way based on his style and look.

Fast forward and if you can't watch him and John Cena at Summerslam and not think that was arguably the best match of the year, possibly of Cena's career, IDK what to tell people. That was one of the best WWE matches I've seen in 35 years of being a fan of this company.

I always wondered what a TNA run might have been like for him. Top tier X Division guy no doubt.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    It makes you wonder what could have happened in WWE's Nexus days if he hadn't choked Justin.

Heel daniel bryan with original nexys could have been an interesting opening act.
    It would have been interesting but I'm glad they didn't go through with it because what we got instead (Miz v. Daniel Bryan) was much better. I think NXT was all rigged and just a vehicle to get Wade Barrett over-including Nexus. So DB not being part of any of that like say John Cena was-smart.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is mad to think that the minimum top 3 star produced in the post Cena/Orton/Batista era (Reigns and Punk being the other two) was going to be a lackey in a stable led by Wade Barrett. Wrestling is weird. If things went to plan for bookers it would probably be a dead industry by now.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is mad to think that the minimum top 3 star produced in the post Cena/Orton/Batista era (Reigns and Punk being the other two) was going to be a lackey in a stable led by Wade Barrett. Wrestling is weird. If things went to plan for bookers it would probably be a dead industry by now.
    Well Punk usurped Barrett in the end but otherwise yeah I get what you mean.

When I look back at the old Nexus though apart from the one you’ve already highlighted, Tarver had great potential and Skip was a former Rajah poster who was getting TE votes IIRC lol.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do also have to say Kris Statlander has been criminally underused and underpushed since her initial return of helping Cass and wrecking Penelope. I do love Brit but Kris should still be up there.

She had great momentum but recently way cooled off. Could say the same thing about Orange actually. Maybe he’s not everyone’s technical favourite but still been cooled off when he was hot. I actually think if he talked again like in that debate, could bring his heat back like if he’s talking again, people will listen.
    Last edited by Badger; December 3rd, 2021 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange has just been cycled out. He's a fun act but he's not Punk, Kingston, Sammy etc who they're pushing at the minute. His time will come again.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was surprised Ruby won because I think Statlander is a better wrestler. Ruby is just more over, I guess.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did no one watch Rampage? I went out with my wife and forgot it was on. I'm going to watch it now.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's official. @Donald

He had a good match with Sammy.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless Nese wins he’s not interested.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can't wait for Pacs new look.
    Or maybe

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how much they pay Mark Henry just to remind us when it’s time for the main event?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I wonder how much they pay Mark Henry just to remind us when it’s time for the main event?
    At least he's very good at it.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Kris, but she's awkward when it comes to star power. Her promos are garbage. She's technically the better wrestler, but I also think she's still kinda green at points. Ruby was definitely the right way to go.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://www.tvinsider.com/1024049/br...ship-dynamite/
    Good interview with Bryan.

Coming up is the AEW championship match against Hangman Page. You came in so beloved but managed to get the audience to turn the other way pretty seamlessly.

It’s all a lot easier when they care about someone. If Hangman Page wasn’t someone people cared about, it would have been very easy for the crowd to turn on him, rather than me. They love this guy. I haven’t done anything so mean or dastardly, yet. I try to not make great changes in my character. I think my time in AEW, I’ve been aggressive, a little bit of a jerk [who] people like. But it’s not hard to switch to a jerk who people don’t like.

What goals do you have for yourself in 2022, and how do they play into AEW’s future?

If I can get a group together, I’m thinking of a younger talent or two, and that develops into stories within that. Look at Sammy Guevara and Chris Jericho. By Sammy joining the Inner Circle, he’d become a bigger star. He then stepped up to the plate and hit home runs. That’s how you build young stars. A guy that comes to mind for me is Daniel Garcia.
    1. It's too bad the ReDragon name is already taken. (American Dragon and Red Death) American Death doesn't sound as cool.
    2. Lee Moriarty should be in that group too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well....look at the 3 names you mentioned at the start. Batista came in and was D-Von's lackey in a shit gimmick. Cena and Orton were about as vanilla as you could get. I'm still under the impression that Danielson was going to turn on Nexus or be the one that would leave first because you always have to have that member. The Giant comes to mind when a few months after joining the nWo he was booted and it was good for him to get the hell out of the nWo and be a top tier guy.

It's weird to think that a guy like Danielson who many didn't give a chance in hell to become not just a top tier wrestler in WWE but a quasi-crossover star with the Yes chants, the reality tv, etc. 15 years ago if you (in general as a fan) were watching ROH and said that you could predict what was to come then why aren't you saving the planet!?!?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearing rumors of Brian Cage going to WWE. Any truth to that? He really hasn't done much since October I think.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Hearing rumors of Brian Cage going to WWE. Any truth to that? He really hasn't done much since October I think.
    I think he was injured at one point in time but I don't think anything conclusive has been said. His wife said he loves TK but of course business is business.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. If he did sign with WWE, I wonder how Vince would feel about a big man with basically a cruiserweight moveset.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Interesting. If he did sign with WWE, I wonder how Vince would feel about a big man with basically a cruiserweight moveset.
    Think we already know the answer to this one!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Plus, he's pretty bland, from a charisma standpoint. From what I've seen, anyway.

And, he's 37.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was 37 once.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I was 37 once.
    I was 37 365 times.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last I read over the weekend is that he's still with AEW and just hasn't been used. That seems like it's going to be a more prevalent problem for talent over the coming months.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never been a fan of Cage. Saw him in Lucha Underground, meh. I was already impressed by guys like Mike Awesome and John Kronus doing luchadore like moves while being bigger guys. I mean, even LA Parka was a bigger dude. And PlutoTV has exposed to me to more of his TNA run and it's just nothing special. He's no Bobby Lashley.

IDK if he'd be a good addition to WWE. He does seem like someone AEW could use better once he's ready (if he's still hurt). But he's another guy who was in a stable of 4-5+ people, and now has to contend with growing influx of released talent from WWE. Signed or not, they're taking up spots. And Cage and that whole Team Taz stuff unfortunately hasn't done anything of worth.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Shida's starting a new career.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't always comment when you link these videos, but I always appreciate it, because I don't usually catch them otherwise.

Also, I really feel like Jamie Hayter is going to be a big deal in the future.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than the eventual split from Britt?

Not sure I see it for Hayter.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just feel like she's got the whole package. Great look, really good in the ring, carries herself with presence, and she can talk without any awkward issues. Plus, the crowd seems to be really into her.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People seemed to be in to Alex Riley too.

In all seriousness I like Hayter but I can't stand Britt Baker. So anything associated with her whether that's other wrestlers, overrated Tony Schiavone, it just makes me want to "fast forward".

Hayter in a different situation outside of the Britt Baker bubble is what I'm interested in. I agree with most of what you're saying about her Psycho (minus the "really good in the ring", I give her a C right now).

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Hayter, I just kind have her as "fine/good enough" in most of those categories, so I'm not sure that she will stand out. But I feel like the women's division really needs to have a face or two skyrocket, so maybe she'll get an opportunity.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't always comment when you link these videos, but I always appreciate it, because I don't usually catch them otherwise.

Also, I really feel like Jamie Hayter is going to be a big deal in the future.
    Glad to hear it, they get me pumped for Dynamite every week.

I miss her old hair, I didn't even recognize her when she first showed up, but her new look does seem more like a star than an indie wrestler.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I forgot myself that's how the match worked so I thought I'd post this here.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Punk's promo was good but felt a little repetitive.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope onto the Discord!

MJF w/ that reaction tho.

https://discord.gg/KXjBugrm

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    that whole deal was incredible, totally getting over the idea of MJF as a mega heel everywhere but beloved in long island.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot myself that's how the match worked so I thought I'd post this here.
    Yeah you're a little young to remember the abomination that was Battle Bowl. Or the weird DDP/Guerrero feud over the ring.

I'd be shocked if we could something original out of AEW this week.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The "you're probably a poor" voice over was hilarious.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Trent is great. Glad he's back.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    aew sure does put on great shows in new york

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Scorpio has a weird promo voice.

I don't like watching Riho wrestle. It's just as believeable as wrestling a pillow.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @VHS won't even hangout in his own discord.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    HOOK DEBUT ON RAMPAGE.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Should have played Hangmans theme for his run in. Good match. Silver is underrated.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @VHS won't even hangout in his own discord.
    I was watching. I'm always watching.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they ever going to let Jamie Hayter win a match? She's awesome and deserves a tad better in my opinion. I think she's extremely talented and can potentially be a top heel in the company once they're done with her being Bakers stooge.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they just hayter (hate her)

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOOK DEBUT ON RAMPAGE.
    Did he give away chips to anyone?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did he give away chips to anyone?
    He's all that AND A BAG OF CHIPS.

Spoilers say it was a great debut and he had a licensed theme.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slow build to Hook/Stunt is about to reach phase 2.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they just hayter (hate her)
    Wait.... I get it! Lol

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)