Page 143 of 159 FirstFirst ... 133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 14,201 to 14,300 of 15875

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    When did he betray Moxley? He helped Omega beat Moxley but that was not a betrayal. He just helped Moxley win after being on commentary due to Omega's request.

Either way that match was wild. That v-trigger. Wow.

And I was shocked by the turn because I honestly was waiting on Omega to turn on the Elite due to Callis pushing him that way. Maybe this will be the reason behind the turn. Omega was brushing Callis off at times while Callis was trying to get him to focus on himself and not worry about the Bucks and the trios titles anymore after they lost them. I can see that. We shall see how they explain it.
    Okay betrayed was the wrong word. I meant costing one in different matches against the others. It’s almost a mirror image.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Donald again.

You know I love you @Donald

I'm behind on AEW, but will catch up later.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like this Wembley deal is gonna have a Wrestlemania Weekend kinda feel. Rev Pro is running the Copper Box that weekend.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This new Collision show, if it's airing on Saturday evenings, will have to compete with WWE PLEs.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Still haven't got tickets for All In.

Concerned its going to finish really late and I'm relying on public transport. And my lad isn't great with big crowds. He'd be ok in the stadium, it's the train afterwards. No chance of a hotel at this stage, I'd say.

Plus, my lad isn't even bothered, it's all about me.
    Haven’t looked at a hotel yet. Probably should have done it by now but just wanted to get the ticket.

Hopefully get one close to the airport, I believe Heathrow is the closest one to Wembley so I can roll out of bed lol.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    This new Collision show, if it's airing on Saturday evenings, will have to compete with WWE PLEs.
    As well as every other combat sport including the UFC. The UFC took over the "ppv" market 10 years ago from the wrestling world. Upside is the WWE only does at least one PLE a month. Some of the NXT stuff has been on Sundays.

I'm 50/50 about Saturday shows. I mean, FOR ME it doesn't matter I don't do shit I'm old. Does it really matter though what day it's on? I think we're reaching that point in wrestling now where everything is going to be available on the internet in some fashion. Wrestling on channel 5 will be for your local/regional promotions that can't get on a Hulu type platform.

If the rumors are true as to why they're doing this show I think that is more comical and disturbing than anything. Imagine if we heard that the draft happened because Triple H and Undertaker got into a "fight" backstage. We would never let that down lol. Dude if I'm Tony Khan I'm telling these motherfuckers you are headlining Wembley, quit being a little bitch and let's bang this out before these marks forget about us.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Wembley isn't headlined by CM Punk in some fashion they've failed. MJF v. CM Punk end all be all for the title Punk never lost, put a stamp on the best thing to happen in wrestling aside from the Bloodline in years. Or you have Punk grab a couple homeys and you do a 6-man tag FMW style match. Fighting through the crowds, blood, tables, make it look like a real fight.

Part of me thinks the World champ should headline but it's not necessary if Punk isn't the guy. MJF v. Adam Cole or some whack shit like that--no thanks. I mean they've already sold 70,000 tickets so they could have Tito Santana v. Papa Shango II since every other match on Summerslam 1992's card can't happen due to 1 or more deceased wrestlers. That's depressing.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    If Wembley isn't headlined by CM Punk in some fashion they've failed. MJF v. CM Punk end all be all for the title Punk never lost, put a stamp on the best thing to happen in wrestling aside from the Bloodline in years. Or you have Punk grab a couple homeys and you do a 6-man tag FMW style match. Fighting through the crowds, blood, tables, make it look like a real fight.

Part of me thinks the World champ should headline but it's not necessary if Punk isn't the guy. MJF v. Adam Cole or some whack shit like that--no thanks. I mean they've already sold 70,000 tickets so they could have Tito Santana v. Papa Shango II since every other match on Summerslam 1992's card can't happen due to 1 or more deceased wrestlers. That's depressing.
    The problem here is that there is a PPV in Chicago the next week. One would think the big Punk match would be there.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Nailz and Virgil are still alive

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    The problem here is that there is a PPV in Chicago the next week. One would think the big Punk match would be there.
    Punk thinks he's a Harley Race, Ric Flair, Terry Funk type. What's stopping him from headlining both? He's going to be on both shows right? Would they seriously leave him off the Wembley show? That'd be hilarious.

And see, that mentality is what I'm talking about. They've already sold the tickets so who gives a shit who's on the card. And that's what scares me as a fan. I don't want some half assed show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nailz and Virgil are still alive
    Sauce Master v. Nailz? I actually thought Nailz died in prison fighting Jean Claude Van Damme. Different guy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Goldberg/MJF could be a possibility. Obviously, it would be a 5 minute match, and MJF would get the win, so that's not how you'd end the show so whatever Omega's match is would go on last in that scenario.

In a fairy tale world, it would be CM Punk and FTR vs. The Elite in the main event. Hopefully, all sides can move on from the past and work together.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
    I think Goldberg/MJF could be a possibility. Obviously, it would be a 5 minute match, and MJF would get the win, so that's not how you'd end the show so whatever Omega's match is would go on last in that scenario.

In a fairy tale world, it would be CM Punk and FTR vs. The Elite in the main event. Hopefully, all sides can move on from the past and work together.
    No offence but completely done and exhausted with Goldberg at this point. Had his prime and time and should retire. MJF having to carry the majority of the mic work and no doubt bump sounds eeeewwww.

Also maybe just me but though I appreciate others feel differently, not clamouring for Punk. Respect his accomplishments but just too much of an ego and volatile for my tastes.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like this Wembley deal is gonna have a Wrestlemania Weekend kinda feel. Rev Pro is running the Copper Box that weekend.
    Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi is the main event of this show

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Punk has to be on the card though surely? Maybe do a 6 man at Wembley and a singles in Chicago.

I literally have no idea of the card but I'm hyped already.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    All I ask is I get to see TK off his face live

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Punk has to be on the card though surely? Maybe do a 6 man at Wembley and a singles in Chicago.

I literally have no idea of the card but I'm hyped already.
    Oh yeah he's totally gonna be on the show. I'm just thinking because a PPV in Chicago is the next week that they will be Punk's bigger match of the two shows.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HBK v Rick Martel? I think that's the only other one...

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    HBK v Rick Martel? I think that's the only other one...
    I was thinkingnhenledtbitoff cause sherrinmartel managed rick martel and she passed away

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    How about Nailz vs. Virgil II? The rematch the world has waited over 30 years for.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Sienna was on AEW again to job to the shittiest piledriver known to man.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched her match w/ Toni and what caught my eye was Toni's outfit. She always had pretty cool attire, but now she's wearing what... black bell bottoms? I remember during the diva era every lady was wearing those bell bottom pants. And yeah, that pile driver was tired as frick.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I know I'm getting on a bit and it's only wrestling, but does anyone else think the outside interference in wrestling has gotten really, really lazy over the years? Back in the day, unless I'm remembering incorrectly, only managers were allowed at ringside. I seem to recall fondly Gorilla Monsoon's 'manager's licence' line on commentary.

Last week for example, on Rampage. Toni Storm Vs Allysin Kay. Kay hits a big move, has the cover, and Saraya rolls into the ring. Aubrey Edwards rushes to push her away and Storm soon hits the 'Storm Zero' for the pin.

Scenarios like this just make Aubrey Edwards look like an absolute fucking idiot. Takes me right out of it, too.

Yeah, yeah, I'm overthinking it. But I'm bored.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    yeah they used to make a big deal of only people with a license could be ringside and even do things like if a wrestler was ringside having him show he has a license. They did that bit a while back on Dynamite with Ethan Page when he had Lambert coming out with him. He was wrestling Orange and they made Best Friends leave the ring because they didn't have a license.

I agree that it can be a bit much at times and they always play off the numbers game and what not on commentary when the heel wins because of things. I guess it makes the whole banned from ringside thing more special at times. At the end of the day for the most part doesn't bother me too much.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jade Cargill reign at this point is probably the most boring undefeated streak in the history of wrestling. No intrigue more like “Thank God it’s over!” if/when it happens.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO they should've had her win the main title about 4-5 months ago. Then she could take her first loss losing the TBS title. And by now she'd probably be set to drop it one of the Outcasts. Problem with AEW, there is nobody to give Jade the rub in the women's division. She's beat Thunder Rosa, she could beat Britt that's not a question or any of the others. I think if anything she should get snatched up by Jericho's squad and she could be under his wing for a little bit. She could be AEW's Rhea Ripley/Chyna type.

At this point, she might as well drop the TBS title to Nyla Rose, Britt Baker, and then move on to the Women's title. If the idea is to have her move up and then be another wrestler well that's going to make everything prior pointless. She has to still look strong because again, she's beat some credible people some that were already AEW women's champion. If she does the job to Toni Storm and that shit piledriver, well, off to WWE she goes.

Imagine what HBK and the NXT team could do with her. Imagine her on the main roster with that level of talent? She'd be main eventing 40 with Bianca.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah they have really not booked her well.

She has beaten former champs Rose and Nyla. She has beat Athena the current ROH champ. She has beaten Soho who keeps getting stop and go pushes but has had chances at the women's title. They never paired her against Hayter, Britt, Shida, or Storm but she is experienced enough at this point to have good matches with any of them. She has come a long way from the green person she was at the start of the streak.

Rumor was she was going to drop TBS title to Statlander and then Statlander got hurt again. Had she done that and moved into feuds with others and got into the title mix it would have been nice but this run has been stale. Even when they tried to make it interesting and at least give some of her title defenses a story instead of just random defenses it was okay but not much. Nyla stealing the title was okay. The whole kicking out Hogan and Velvet turning on her was okay. The fight over the finisher with Taya is okay. Just no real meat to anything she has done beyond she is undefeated with a ton of random open challenge defenses against random people and not everyone is even with AEW. She is not even on tv that much anymore it seems like.

She needs to drop the TBS title and then start chasing Hayter or something. Actually do something with her.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Statlander would’ve been awesome. The whole “Jaded” finishing move thing with Taya was intriguing to begin with but just…ehh because it made Taya look silly forgetting the stipulation. Shida wouldn’t be a bad shout if not being in the outcast angle.

Rhio if they wanted to do the David vs Goliath angle perhaps…

Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abadon.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You can ab me all you want.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious how many people they've pitched to beat her. I'm shocked it wasn't Paige. I do notice that some of the "bigger" names in the women's division that she hasn't face are/were heels. Britt, Hayter, they turned babyface not that long ago and have been in this corny Outcast feud. Toni, Saraya, they're heels. Shida would be good but that's just a personal choice as I don't know if that would be as big of a deal.

The AEW women's division can't get into the next gear for some reason. They don't have those 1 or 2 really really incredible performers. I'm sick of the mentality that we should just accept mediocrity. There's nobody really on the horizon in AEW that's building up this fanbase and people are waiting for them to pull the trigger. That's who should beat Jade. Someone with a Sami Zayn/Daniel Bryan type character that people love to watch that want to see win the title/beat the undefeated monster.

The flipside to that is I think most of us are getting to a point where if she lost the title to Taya that'd be ok. Jade is still ultra green despite being in the business 2-3 years, only 30 years old. How much of a rub can someone get that's on the come up that's a young talent when the person they're beating isn't exactly Charlotte Flair.

If I'm booking, I would have one of the Outcasts beat her for the title. Specifically Paige/Saraya. Use the outside interference, Jade isn't that polished but she doesn't do crazy shit and Saraya doesn't either. Knowing AEW they'd probably have some stable stipulation where any of the 3 could defend the title and that would keep Saraya from working too much (neck issue).

Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious how many people they've pitched to beat her. I'm shocked it wasn't Paige. I do notice that some of the "bigger" names in the women's division that she hasn't face are/were heels. Britt, Hayter, they turned babyface not that long ago and have been in this corny Outcast feud. Toni, Saraya, they're heels. Shida would be good but that's just a personal choice as I don't know if that would be as big of a deal.

The AEW women's division can't get into the next gear for some reason. They don't have those 1 or 2 really really incredible performers. I'm sick of the mentality that we should just accept mediocrity. There's nobody really on the horizon in AEW that's building up this fanbase and people are waiting for them to pull the trigger. That's who should beat Jade. Someone with a Sami Zayn/Daniel Bryan type character that people love to watch that want to see win the title/beat the undefeated monster.

The flipside to that is I think most of us are getting to a point where if she lost the title to Taya that'd be ok. Jade is still ultra green despite being in the business 2-3 years, only 30 years old. How much of a rub can someone get that's on the come up that's a young talent when the person they're beating isn't exactly Charlotte Flair.

If I'm booking, I would have one of the Outcasts beat her for the title. Specifically Paige/Saraya. Use the outside interference, Jade isn't that polished but she doesn't do crazy shit and Saraya doesn't either. Knowing AEW they'd probably have some stable stipulation where any of the 3 could defend the title and that would keep Saraya from working too much (neck issue).
    I like this plan, but I think you can avoid the stable defense.

AEW champs can work reduced schedules and really nobody is going to say much.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I was going to say the same thing. Right now Orange is the champ that is working his ass off. So Saraya not defending all the time is not a big issue if you were to put the belt on her.

I just want the belt of Jade and like push Jade to something better and eventually give her a run with the title. I never thought I would say that but she really has come along quite a ways in the short amount of time she has been in the business. She still has stuff to learn but she has star power.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, she’s way too big for that title now, the sooner the better. She’s certainly got the look and is marketable.

I really hope they’re not gonna have her go for a 100. Being denied the 60th by Taya is fine and she won’t lose out much in heat I don’t think.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I see that the only reasonably priced tickets for All In are in the nosebleeds.

So unless it's like Clash at the Castle and prices come down closer to the event, I won't be going.

Fair play to Keith Lee going all natural, but had no idea the dude is only 38! Looking older does kinda fit in with him teaming with Dustin though.

Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like they've kind of booked themselves into a corner with Jade. her losing the streak almost has to be a big deal, but there's really not a great way to do it.

Better to rip the band-aid off at some point.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They had chances before and after Statlander got hurt to drop it to someone and let it mean something but at this point new people coming in like Ruby, Athena, Taya, etc just seem to be brought in and put her over. People are a bit over it and want more from Jade. Just be done with it and actually do something with her at this point.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Fair play to Keith Lee going all natural, but had no idea the dude is only 38! Looking older does kinda fit in with him teaming with Dustin though.
    Us men are lucky we can let our hair go grey and we often hear "oh man, he looks better with some grey in his beard." Or a white beard, in my case.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had chances before and after Statlander got hurt to drop it to someone and let it mean something but at this point new people coming in like Ruby, Athena, Taya, etc just seem to be brought in and put her over. People are a bit over it and want more from Jade. Just be done with it and actually do something with her at this point.
    I'm not even sure Stat was going to go over.

I'm also not sure as I said earlier if there is any actual meaning to beating Jade. Most of that is due to how poorly the women are booked in AEW. Jade is simply racking up wins and she's not like Goldberg where everyone in the country is tuned in watching this beast rise. The only negative to Jade losing is when she does, it won't matter who, but it won't be accepted 100%. There will be some backlash because that's the nature of the business and the fans who follow it. Jade could drop the title to Britt and you'll have 4-5 reasons why it was a mistake. Quantity over quality, never really gets anyone over.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah Stat may have not gotten over but rumors were that she was going to be the one and never really hear rumors of others being the one to end the streak. We won't really ever know unless Khan tells us. So yeah who knows.

I think we all agree this streak has just not been done right and at this point yeah I don't think who ever beats her really gets a rub unless they have more of an unknown or not as big name defeat her in a shock value situation. Of course not sure that is great for Jade but at this point not sure anything is great for Jade until they get that belt off of her and actually give her a feud worth a damn that last longer than like 2 weeks. This thing with Taya is probably the longest feud. Maybe Nya. Not sure. Her streak is so full of just random ass open challenge matches over enhancement talent it just yeah is stale at this point.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what the process was when putting the belt on Jade at the start. Was it "Okay, we'll make her our version of Goldberg" or "Who else are we going to put the secondary belt on?"

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think the idea was to boost her and make her the star that she is/can be. She beat Rosa and Soho on the way to win it and had good matches with them. But yeah just not done much else after that. They had options on how to put the belt on. Statlander, Nyla, Rosa, and Soho were all in that tournament. Was Hayter and Storm in there as well? Can' remember. They had options. Britt was the champ at the time.

Storm wasn't here yet.

Hayter, Shida, and Deeb were in it though.

I wish Deeb would have gotten a run with a title at some point.
    Last edited by MTR; May 22nd, 2023 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there has ever been a real end game with Jade. They're 100% booking her on the idea that her looks are enough. Maybe there's a little Goldberg mentality that her matches can suck but nobody is reacting to a Jade match like we do a Goldberg match. I've said this before, if she were in the WWE, getting this kind of push, the fans better be eating her up and not just sitting on their hands like they do for Jade. It's basically "what outfit is she wearing?" And then that's it for the rest of the match.

She has good people to lean on in AEW but none of them book the show.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double or Nothing was eh.

- Unsanctioned match stopped via ref stoppage. Ok.
    - Arn biting Luchasaurus' thumb off kinda. What?
    - Jade Cargill's streak ended by Statlander who just shows up and they have a match after Jade just beat Taya. Fart.
    - Incredible 4 way, should have been the main event.
    - Main event was too much shit.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I have come to the conclusion these anarchy in the stadiums and the empty arena stuff with multiple people just don't work after the pandemic. I agree with VHS there is way too much going on. You can't focus on the action and there is no coherent way to do it. I did like the ppv. Karen Jarrett hitting Aubrey with the guitar was crazy as was that tag match. The Fatal Four Way even with MJ winning was probably the best 4 way in a very long time. I feel like the company is just waiting for Punk to decide to where to go next. That is a great place to be. However, I am fine with Statlander taking the belt off Jade that way. It opens for Jade dumping Mark Sterling and maybe changing her character up a bit. I guess she is taking time off same goes for Jamie Hayter. I want to route for the women's division, but minus Britt, it feels like when you get the title you get hurt within three months. Hayter coming out to fight Toni in England will get a massive pop. I expect them to move forward for All In considering they already made $8 million on ticket sales.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - It was a bit all over the place though I kinda liked the “exploding” superkick though. That was unique. Knew Takeshita was going to interfere and curious to see him as a heel.
    - The ending stretch of the battle royal was fun. I’d like to see Swerve vs Cassidy for real.
    - I don’t mind Jade losing the way she did really. It could’ve been a bit more legit but plays into her character being overconfident then finally got burned. They badly needed to get that title off her and hopefully move onto better things. I could also see her fire Sterling.
    - Tag title match was overbooked fun.
    - Unsanctioned match was disappointing. Literally what was the point in Sabu coming back? JAS selling fearing this pensioner with the most awkward top rope bump since the Snoop splash. Ending was lame too.
    - Ladder match was okay apart from the thumb weirdness.
    - Hayter was still heavily protected in defeat and looking forward to seeing the return match live in Wembley.
    - Tag title match was by far the match of the night though. Sucks that MJF got injured but at least he’ll have time to heal and can still promo til then.
    Last edited by Badger; May 30th, 2023 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jade lost in a way that still made her look "strong" and she lost to the person most of us figured she would lose it to.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I am good with the loss. It didn't hurt Jade and gives a returning Stat a run with a title.

I didn't watch Double or Nothing but saw a lot of highlights on TikTok. Didn't see highlights of Cross beating Hater so I need to go find some highlights of that. Wish I could have seen the show. At this point going to put some money to the side for Forbidden Door.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching the Don Callis/JR sit-down interview a “Youtube Exclusive” about why he turned on Omega and the backstory of their relationship. Essentially boils down to Omega wasting his time away with the Bucks instead of being the God he used to be.

Really good stuff but why couldn’t they do this on TV? 12 minutes long but they could’ve at least split it up between shows to save TV space. Fans watching the shows should be seeing that to marry up with the story instead of a giveaway on YT they might not know about.
    Last edited by Badger; May 30th, 2023 at 1:53 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I was watching the Don Callis/JR sit-down interview a “Youtube Exclusive” about why he turned on Omega and the backstory of their relationship. Essentially boils down to Omega wasting his time away with the Bucks instead of being the God he used to be.

Really good stuff but why couldn’t they do this on TV? 12 minutes long but they could’ve at least split it up between shows to save TV space. Fans watching the shows should be seeing that to marry up with the story instead of a giveaway on YT they might not know about.
    Because they know the majority of their fans will have seen it just like you did. The WWE is the only company that imo still has real casual fans. AEW and the rest haven't reached the Ringling Brothers Circus level that WWE has with their fanbase.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they know the majority of their fans will have seen it just like you did. The WWE is the only company that imo still has real casual fans. AEW and the rest haven't reached the Ringling Brothers Circus level that WWE has with their fanbase.
    Me personally I only found it by chance. I get what you’re saying though but for something big like that they still should be devoting TV time to that even if it means cutting match time from somewhere else. Could split it up and make the fans tune in for next week?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me personally I only found it by chance. I get what you’re saying though but for something big like that they still should be devoting TV time to that even if it means cutting match time from somewhere else. Could split it up and make the fans tune in for next week?
    Honestly is it that big of a deal? They've explained why Don turned on tv already. Don't get me wrong, they COULD do that. They COULD do a lot of things like fire 80% of the roster so they would have time to do something like that on tv. Personally, I think anything with the Elite is terrible. The less of it the better. And not everything needs to be on the show when you have other outlets that people utilize. Trust me, more people are watching AEW in the form of youtube/facebook/tiktok/twitter/instagram clips than they are watching the show. Because if you had watched the show you would already know they have explained why Don turned. But you found it through Youtube. Now you know why it wasn't on the show in a big drawn out boring segment with 69 Me Don Callis.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly is it that big of a deal? They've explained why Don turned on tv already. Don't get me wrong, they COULD do that. They COULD do a lot of things like fire 80% of the roster so they would have time to do something like that on tv. Personally, I think anything with the Elite is terrible. The less of it the better. And not everything needs to be on the show when you have other outlets that people utilize. Trust me, more people are watching AEW in the form of youtube/facebook/tiktok/twitter/instagram clips than they are watching the show. Because if you had watched the show you would already know they have explained why Don turned. But you found it through Youtube. Now you know why it wasn't on the show in a big drawn out boring segment with 69 Me Don Callis.
    IIRC he tried to give an in-ring explanation but then they cut to people running in so don’t think they properly explained it.

I personally didn’t find it that boring. I think the fact Don Callis was taking credit for everything in a sociopathic way making it all about him was what made it work so well. Yes more internet savvy and easier to find true but I don’t think it would’ve asked too much to devote a bit of time to that interview on TV.

Don’s just about Heyman-level, I like him as a smarmy shill.
    Last edited by Badger; May 30th, 2023 at 3:18 PM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    If you go by Raw's ratings, I wonder if WWE has that many casual fans. WWE's biggest strength right now is if you have Comcast, Peacock is free thus the PPVS are free. I do wonder if that will change if the TV rights go from Universal to someone like CBS or Amazon. AEW needs to get into more people's faces and not worry when its basketball season their programing is screwed. If the rumor HBO Max deal goes through, I might get Max for that. I already dropped Disney plus and Paramount til Secret Invasion and Strange New Worlds comes on.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    If you go by Raw's ratings, I wonder if WWE has that many casual fans. WWE's biggest strength right now is if you have Comcast, Peacock is free thus the PPVS are free. I do wonder if that will change if the TV rights go from Universal to someone like CBS or Amazon. AEW needs to get into more people's faces and not worry when its basketball season their programing is screwed. If the rumor HBO Max deal goes through, I might get Max for that. I already dropped Disney plus and Paramount til Secret Invasion and Strange New Worlds comes on.
    I would say you will find more casual fans attending WWE live events than you will watching Raw. Smackdown is going to be here next Friday, most of the people on my FB posting about going are not fans of wrestling. Their kids are barely fans there just isn't really anything to do here in Des Moines. We get at least 2-3 shows a year, it's a huge wrestling city/state. Shit one of my best friends has been a seat filler at the last 3 WWE shows. She said if her kids weren't playing baseball/softball next weekend out of town she was going to go. Zero clue who anyone is lol.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I would say more casual fans go to WWE events. I have gone to both here in St. Louis and more people go to the WWE events and I would say a chunk of them don't watch or barely watch and only know a few people if any on the roster. They just want to go to a live event. I do love only having to pay for a streaming service to see PLE's. I don't typically have the extra money to spend on AEW ppv's. If WWE events were not on streaming I would maybe watch like one or two a year if that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Touching piece on Statlander. Love this.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I would say more casual fans go to WWE events. I have gone to both here in St. Louis and more people go to the WWE events and I would say a chunk of them don't watch or barely watch and only know a few people if any on the roster. They just want to go to a live event. I do love only having to pay for a streaming service to see PLE's. I don't typically have the extra money to spend on AEW ppv's. If WWE events were not on streaming I would maybe watch like one or two a year if that.
    It's like the Marvel movies. Maybe half the audience are super fans of comics, they nitpick every little inconsistency in the character that is onscreen versus the comics. The other half are people who are going because it looks entertaining and people like to go to the movies. My ex-gf gave zero fucks about my comic book collection. But she LOVES the MCU. And not once did she ever go "Is this like the books?" She didn't care.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the year 2023 and the most over heel in wrestling is Cyrus the Virus

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    He'll always be Jakyl of the Truth Comission to me.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't know Dominick Mysterio was Cyrus the virus. You learn something new everyday

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    that was the perfect show to put on after a disappointing PPV

Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent video on K. Stat above. (Y) Stoked she'sback, big fan.
    It is the year 2023 and the most over heel in wrestling is Cyrus the Virus
    I didn't know Dominick Mysterio was Cyrus the virus. You learn something new everyday
    What Donald said. Dom Dom's even over in a company he doesn't work in.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don Callis has always had go away heat with me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most over heels in AEW-Dom and Jim Cornette-don't even work there lol.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most over heels in AEW-Dom and Jim Cornette-don't even work there lol.
    Dom is over. Jim is over….the hill.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Donald so will you be watching Collision then?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don Callis has always had go away heat with me.
    Being fair, he cost Moxley the title, stabbed Omega in the face and corrupted Takeshita while shitting on the Young Bucks. He’s up there.

PS MJF is most over.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Donald so will you be watching Collision then?
    Fortunately I cancelled my cable subscription last month. I may check out YouTube clips if anything cool happens, but knowing AEW nothing cool will happen.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fortunately I cancelled my cable subscription last month. I may check out YouTube clips if anything cool happens, but knowing AEW nothing cool will happen.
    At least try and watch the show while treating yourself to a curry man!

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    At least try and watch the show while treating yourself to a curry man!
    Oh you don't know me well at all Badger. If I ordered curry it would just be papadam's and rice, I don't do spicy food!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being fair, he cost Moxley the title, stabbed Omega in the face and corrupted Takeshita while shitting on the Young Bucks. He’s up there.

PS MJF is most over.
    He could powerbomb Moxley's kid and straighten Omega's goofy ass hair and I still wouldn't care. That's the thing. If an actor sucks but he's playing the bad guy that doesn't mean he gets away with being shit because I'm supposed to hate the guy. No. Callis has always been weak. A big part of that has to do with his run in ECW as Cyrus. He's just soooo "extra". He's like Jared Leto as the Joker.

Not to mention, the guy's a scumbag in real life. Ask some of the women he's worked with . At least Vince McMahon was a good heel. lol

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...treating yourself to a curry man!
    Heeeeeeee's hot
    Heeeeeeee's spicy
    He taaaaastes great!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    Heeeeeeee's hot
    Heeeeeeee's spicy
    He taaaaastes great!

Heeey good to see you back and miss you in Mafia! How’s tricks?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curry Man in AEW v. Pockets

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    lol

Curry Man actually wrestled in St. Louis earlier this year. Wish I had gone to that show.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dominion Spoiler

Kenny Omega vs
    at Forbidden Door.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dominion Spoiler

Kenny Omega vs
    at Forbidden Door.
    Dominion Spoiler

vs
    at Forbidden Door

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only person who finds it comical that Dave Meltzer has never given Kurt Angle a 5 star rating but he's given at least one to Wheeler Yuta? I am? Ok good.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't know I've never seen a wheeler yuta match nor could I pick him out of a line up

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts on Danielson apparently helping with AEW booking?

I'm 50/50. Here's a guy who is a great wrestler, evolved in every other aspect under the WWE umbrella. He's worked with some of the best minds over the last 20+ years. But I'm worried, like with some of the older vets who were big names during the 80's/90's getting no real respect that this might backfire.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know he helped with Smackdown a few years ago but there's no knowing what he contributed so who knows.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know he helped with Smackdown a few years ago but there's no knowing what he contributed so who knows.
    That's the hard part. We never really know unless someone of worth confirms what they've done. You read stories online that he was the one who pitched making Mania a triple threat instead of just Edge v. Roman. I admit there was no real need to put him in that match. He added zero.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's ready for Eddie Kingston v. Jon Moxley???

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW certainly love their tombstones lol. It’s bastardised to the point it’s becoming almost as common as a clothesline or suplex.

Undertaker tombstone - near unbeatable
    AEW - everyone kicks out

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They kick out of everything in AEW except the one winged angel

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good interview. The dirtsheets tried to build it up as some groundbreaking OMG interview but honestly there wasn't anything there that came across as "holy shit can you believe he said that??" It might've been a different interview if it was done the day after the scrum. To me it feels like too many followers of AEW thought that place was somehow the exception to the rule but it's not. It's just like every other promotion in this industry. Like Punk said, this happens in basketball, hockey, why is wrestling any different? All those alpha males.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    AEW certainly love their tombstones lol. It’s bastardised to the point it’s becoming almost as common as a clothesline or suplex.

Undertaker tombstone - near unbeatable
    AEW - everyone kicks out
    A nod to the indys, I seen Candice LeRae take a spike tombstone from the apron to the floor in PWG. Another nod to progression in wrestling. If Hogan debuted in 2023, would he be winning world titles with a legdrop?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Saturday nights all right for fighting.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk looks shit with the hair that short. The title in the bag thing was fucking weird

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whose ready for

Cmftr vs the bucks/hangman

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only person who finds it comical that Dave Meltzer has never given Kurt Angle a 5 star rating but he's given at least one to Wheeler Yuta? I am? Ok good.

Never gave danielson a 5 star either until he joined aew

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought Collision was pretty good but it kind of felt like one-night special in Chicago, in a lot of ways. Punk was good and I think his character is going to fit extremely well if they work him as a tweener. The TNT title might literally be dynamite because it feels like that thing is moving from champion to champion somewhat swiftly lol. Andrade/Matthews was fantastic stuff.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m with Jordo in the fact skinhead Punk isn’t the best look for him. I chuckled at the Counterfeit Bucks line lol.

Andrade/Matthews was really good. Does this mean Andrade’s a face or will he go back to LFI? Guess they’ll address that later.

They keep going back and forth on Wardlow and the TNT title. Think he still could be used better.

Main event was good although I think it ran a bit long for me. Trim another 5 minutes or so off would’ve been fine.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m with Jordo in the fact skinhead Punk isn’t the best look for him. I chuckled at the Counterfeit Bucks line lol.

Andrade/Matthews was really good. Does this mean Andrade’s a face or will he go back to LFI? Guess they’ll address that later.

They keep going back and forth on Wardlow and the TNT title. Think he still could be used better.

Main event was good although I think it ran a bit long for me. Trim another 5 minutes or so off would’ve been fine.
    TK has ruined Wardlow. There was something there, but the shit booking coming out of the MJF deal killed him.

Really liked the Andrade vs Matthews match. With Rush out with Visa issues right now and Forbidden Door coming up the obvious angle is Andrade hooking up with LIJ but that is not possible due to politics.

Main event was really good. I mean the reactions for Punk vs Joe and the headlock stuff from an Indie match from 20 years ago is something.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i absolutely loved the six man main event. one of my favorite matches of the year. also marked out for the joe/punk headlock stuff lol.

i really liked the vibe of collision. the set was great, the opening, red ropes, etc. really did a good job making it look distinctive. i thought it was a very very good show but they needed more angles and bells and whistles as the debut of a second show imo.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I'm old now and I can't remember specifics, but I thought Dynamite was great last week. Cole and Jericho, the finish was great, and the show felt like it had a great flow to it.

Collision was decent. Andrade and Matthews was great. Anyone notice Dasha introduce Buddy as "Buddy Murphy"?

Main was great too. Good time, good work.

And yes, the belt in the bag thing was indeed a bit weird.
    Last edited by Murphy; June 19th, 2023 at 5:45 AM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I didn't notice that but probably a slip of the tounge, JR has called many talents by their wwe names before

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yeah, I get it on commentary though, totally. That's a running conversation and I'd slip up too.

Just thought it was a bit poor from a ring announcer, who only has a few words to say, likely has cues, as can't remember it all. Weight, where from etc.

No big deal, I like Dasha.

Forbidden Door should be fun.