Page 127 of 157 FirstFirst ... 117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,700 of 15622

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric Bischoff was a fantastic businessman and salesman who just so happened to fall into the deep end of wrestling. He'd have been a millionaire concert promoter or corporate sales stooge or whatever. Because he had the acumen, the intelligence, and the gift of bullshit gab to sell ice to an Eskimo.

Tony Khan is a billionaire with a play toy promotion that he wants to book and run his way. This is just a fun distraction for him. He doesn't have to be a fantastic business guy or a great salesman. He just needs to book what he wants to book and enough people will watch to float him through any rough patches.

Eric Bischoff didn't build WCW. He just fixed it.

Tony Khan is a living embodiment of "if you build it, they will come". Dude builds a company from scratch basically playing with live action action figures, and enough people watch it, that he'll be fine unless his money dries up or his TV deal runs out.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Eric Bischoff was a fantastic businessman and salesman who just so happened to fall into the deep end of wrestling. He'd have been a millionaire concert promoter or corporate sales stooge or whatever. Because he had the acumen, the intelligence, and the gift of bullshit gab to sell ice to an Eskimo.

Tony Khan is a billionaire with a play toy promotion that he wants to book and run his way. This is just a fun distraction for him. He doesn't have to be a fantastic business guy or a great salesman. He just needs to book what he wants to book and enough people will watch to float him through any rough patches.

Eric Bischoff didn't build WCW. He just fixed it.

Tony Khan is a living embodiment of "if you build it, they will come". Dude builds a company from scratch basically playing with live action action figures, and enough people watch it, that he'll be fine unless his money dries up or his TV deal runs out.
    I guess when I said he reminds me of Bischoff I should've broken down why I said that. It was more about how he is publicly. Go back and watch any interview with Bischoff about wrestling back in the day. He's constantly shitting on Vince and their product, he's speaking on what the dirtsheets think they know.

Maybe a better comparison would be Dixie Carter.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best comparison is Will Ferrell from The Lego Movie

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's like if Rick Moranis was a villain.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    This experiment will be a fascinating one, for sure.

Tony Khan put on record in April 2019 of a five year plan for AEW. Sooner rather than later the company is going to have to expand beyond the little brother/TNT act, because there is probably a time where even the tap to daddy’s billions gets shut off.

There might be a whole lot of people scrubbing their social media history in the next 2-3 years…

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

Tony Khan put on record in April 2019 of a five year plan for AEW. Sooner rather than later the company is going to have to expand beyond the little brother/TNT act, because there is probably a time where even the tap to daddy’s billions gets shut off.

There might be a whole lot of people scrubbing their social media history in the next 2-3 years…
    A 5 year plan for AEW to do what exactly?

I mean his dad flat out said he was basically giving his kids their inheritance. That money is never going away unless something extremely drastic happens. If his dad was the one footing the bill I would say that they have the potential to wind up in a Dixie Carter situation. But it's Tony's billions now. This is just like owning the Jaguars. AEW is just a team. I'm sure teams think, how can we compete with the top selling merch movers and ticket selling teams? So they start building up their roster, changing the logo, maybe even move.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

isn't Tony making money off AEW if not for the video game? yes i know the bottom line might be in the red (not 100% sure if that's the case) but one would think once this video game is done with then he will eventually make more than just a profit, right?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    isn't Tony making money off AEW if not for the video game? yes i know the bottom line might be in the red (not 100% sure if that's the case) but one would think once this video game is done with then he will eventually make more than just a profit, right?
    I don't think AEW has turned a profit but even if they did does it really matter to Tony? Did WCW turning a profit or not matter to Ted Turner? No. WCW would still be on TNT if the merger never happened even if WCW was losing 90 million a year. Tony dropped 70+ million on this new video game that looks about as good as Legends of Wrestling 3 (I hope it's the shit I love wrestling games but it still looks like shit). That 70 mill isn't AEW money. And it's money that to us sounds like a lot but to the Khan's that's a drop in the bucket.

I'm not saying he has WB money where they can drop $100 million on a movie and scrap it because a couple grandma's don't like it. I'm just saying this is a vanity project and 99% of us wrestling fans would be doing the exact same thing if we were in his shoes. Remember that kid who won the lottery and tried to start a wrestling promotion about 5-10 years ago? If only he had a billionaire family.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    AEW has turned off a profit. They would not be giving them three hours of TV Time. They have good buyrates and are selling out shows. Nash capping for WWE is always hysterical. At least Tony, won't be in front of a federal judge in the near future unlike Vince and maybe other members of the WWE.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Are you AEW's accountant?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    AEW has turned off a profit. They would not be giving them three hours of TV Time. They have good buyrates and are selling out shows. Nash capping for WWE is always hysterical. At least Tony, won't be in front of a federal judge in the near future unlike Vince and maybe other members of the WWE.
    Give it time you never know what kind of skeletons are in Tony's closet. And where in that post am I talking about WWE?

Have they turned a profit? Look, Spike were giving TNA time and they never turned a profit. WCW were still getting tv time when they were losing money sans the 2-3 years in the 90's where Nitro was beating Raw. Yet Turner shelled out what, 7 hours if you count Nitro, Thunder, and Saturday Night?

They're paying Christian Cage 3 million dollars a year and he's not even the highest paid by any stretch of the imagination. If AEW are turning a profit that's news to me. I'll take your word for it Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    Are you AEW's accountant?
    No he's a former employee of a police dept so he knows everything.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are some scary ass teeth lotjx

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been behind like 2 weeks because I was at The Gathering last week, but I'm surprised not a single soul is talking about CM Punk's return

AEW really is dead

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I've been behind like 2 weeks because I was at The Gathering last week, but I'm surprised not a single soul is talking about CM Punk's return

AEW really is dead
    Damn wish I had known.

I was going to talk about CM Punk later but we can now. Awesome is all I can say. I was hoping Punk would've returned to WWE and challenged Ambrose there but I'll take Mox v. Punk in AEW.

Thanks!!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He'll probably break a pinky opening a door, and the match will be delayed even more.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was excited to see Punk come back and looking forward to him and Mox.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mox v. Punk will be the peak of this particular era. The "bronze era" of AEW. After this feud it'll be very interesting to see where they go. MJF's return has to be on the horizon. The spotlight is heavy on the WWE right now both good and bad. If Punk is legit ready to fuckin wrestle and isn't just coming back to keep his name fresh then it's going to be a very wonderful time to be a fan of American wrestling.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    8 1/2 years since their last one on one match. When Jon Ambrose wasn't an established singles wrestler.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is AEW's Jeff Jarrett v. Sting.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Mox v. Punk will be the peak of this particular era. The "bronze era" of AEW. After this feud it'll be very interesting to see where they go. MJF's return has to be on the horizon. The spotlight is heavy on the WWE right now both good and bad. If Punk is legit ready to fuckin wrestle and isn't just coming back to keep his name fresh then it's going to be a very wonderful time to be a fan of American wrestling.
    How big of a pop do you think MJF gets?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a hell of a flex to put The Trustbusters in the trios tournament. The left side of the bracket looks way better. It’s kind of a head tilt to just presume word of mouth will drive viewers in for presumably Omega being the third for The Bucks unless they announce it elsewhere. Seems like an easy spot to help boost some ratings there.

Jericho’s transformation in terms of gimmicks and general appearance over recent months has been tremendous. Looks like Punk put some work in the weight room. Crowd was very hyped for the stare down and the match should be quite excellent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    How big of a pop do you think MJF gets?
    It'll be huge but IDK if that's a good thing. Returns like this are tricky because here's a guy who is a phenomenal heel but that CM Punk feud really started to change how a lot of fans felt about him-because his promos weren't false. Not every AEW fan is a blind loyalist. So I think you bring this guy back and try to get him over as a heel it's going to be tough. But I also think MJF is someone who could ease back in to that heel role and we'll get a nice gif of some little bastard crying when he turns on Punk or Jungle Boi.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be huge but IDK if that's a good thing. Returns like this are tricky because here's a guy who is a phenomenal heel but that CM Punk feud really started to change how a lot of fans felt about him-because his promos weren't false. Not every AEW fan is a blind loyalist. So I think you bring this guy back and try to get him over as a heel it's going to be tough. But I also think MJF is someone who could ease back in to that heel role and we'll get a nice gif of some little bastard crying when he turns on Punk or Jungle Boi.
    I agree with this 100%. If I’m bringing him back, I’m bringing him back as a super face for a feud or two before he makes the heel turn again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk coming back, vanquishing Moxley the plumber, and feuding with super-ultra-mega heel MJF is AEW's next big-money title feud.

They'd be batshit crazy if they don't do exactly that.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim Cornette must have had some buff ass contractors work at the castle.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Jim Cornette must have had some buff ass contractors work at the castle.
    Buh?

Oh... because John Moxley looks like a balding plumber more than any kind of star wrestler?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk coming back, vanquishing Moxley the plumber, and feuding with super-ultra-mega heel MJF is AEW's next big-money title feud.

They'd be batshit crazy if they don't do exactly that.
    IDK if MJF will be a super ultra mega heel when he returns. That promo he cut before he "left" was inspiring and resonated with many many fans of AEW. There are a ton of fans who didn't want to see the WWE alternative look like an alternate WWE.

But I 100% agree that a mega heel MJF dethroning CM Punk would be great. I just think that we need something to get MJF back to that heel level. What if he cost CM Punk the unification bout against Moxley? Winner of that goes on to feud for the title.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buh?

Oh... because John Moxley looks like a balding plumber more than any kind of star wrestler?
    I love Jim but his opinion on how a wrestler looks and his size is based entirely around how much Jim personally likes them.

He hates hardcore wrestling so he hates Moxley. Therefore Moxley at 6 ft 3 or 4 is "sawed off and buggy whipped armed."

Another example. Jim LOVES Adam Cole because he had a hand in getting Adam started in the business. So Adam Cole is "the same size as Shawn Michaels was in 1995."

So yeah I love Jim Cornette to death but I don't register his opinions on anyone's look or physique.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IDK if MJF will be a super ultra mega heel when he returns. That promo he cut before he "left" was inspiring and resonated with many many fans of AEW. There are a ton of fans who didn't want to see the WWE alternative look like an alternate WWE.

But I 100% agree that a mega heel MJF dethroning CM Punk would be great. I just think that we need something to get MJF back to that heel level. What if he cost CM Punk the unification bout against Moxley? Winner of that goes on to feud for the title.
    This would be great but would also be unfortunate because it would leave a blemish on Mox's unification. Unless they're planning on turning Mox heel like seemed to be the case before he left for rehab.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I love Jim but his opinion on how a wrestler looks and his size is based entirely around how much Jim personally likes them.

He hates hardcore wrestling so he hates Moxley. Therefore Moxley at 6 ft 3 or 4 is "sawed off and buggy whipped armed."

Another example. Jim LOVES Adam Cole because he had a hand in getting Adam started in the business. So Adam Cole is "the same size as Shawn Michaels was in 1995."

So yeah I love Jim Cornette to death but I don't register his opinions on anyone's look or physique.

Moxley is a scrawny looking balding dork with a no muscles. I don't care how tall he is.

Also, Jimbo and Brian Last are both critical of Adam Cole for routinely shrinking every time he's on TV. The dude has smaller muscles and less bodily mass than his damn girlfriend.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moxley is a scrawny looking balding dork with a no muscles. I don't care how tall he is.

Also, Jimbo and Brian Last are both critical of Adam Cole for routinely shrinking every time he's on TV. The dude has smaller muscles and less bodily mass than his damn girlfriend.
    Jim said it about Cole when he was in NXT and had far better muscle definition that he does today but even then HBK in 95 was so much bigger than Cole it isn't even a comparison.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you run Punk/Mox as a Face vs. Face match, while having The Blackpool Combat Club compete in the Trios Title Tournament. You can have Mox hype up the fact that "when I was in that OTHER company, I was in one of the most dominant trios in wrestling history. And now, in AEW, I'm gonna do it again."

During Punk/Mox, Wheeler Yuta tries to interfere and somehow, accidentally fucks Mox over. Moxley forgives Wheeler, but tells him he needs to start pulling his weight. In the Trios Title Tournament, Wheeler takes the fall for his team against *INSERT HEEL TRIO TEAM HERE*. Mox goes ballistic on Yuta the next week and does something absolutely vile to him to injure him and take him off TV. Then we get a Moxley/Bryan Danielson feud.

While that's cooking, you go right into an MJF/CM Punk feud in the main event.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    This would be great but would also be unfortunate because it would leave a blemish on Mox's unification. Unless they're planning on turning Mox heel like seemed to be the case before he left for rehab.
    Moxley having this Goldberg type push has kind of wore out it's welcome for me. He's been a little too protected and he's honestly my favorite male wrestler in the world right now. But I think that if MJF costs Punk the match it keeps a lot of opportunities to revisit Punk v. Moxley, or pivoting to MJF v. Moxley 2. AEW prides itself on their storytelling abilities, let's put it to the test every time like we do everyone else.

I think you run Punk/Mox as a Face vs. Face match, while having The Blackpool Combat Club compete in the Trios Title Tournament. You can have Mox hype up the fact that "when I was in that OTHER company, I was in one of the most dominant trios in wrestling history. And now, in AEW, I'm gonna do it again."

During Punk/Mox, Wheeler Yuta tries to interfere and somehow, accidentally fucks Mox over. Moxley forgives Wheeler, but tells him he needs to start pulling his weight. In the Trios Title Tournament, Wheeler takes the fall for his team against *INSERT HEEL TRIO TEAM HERE*. Mox goes ballistic on Yuta the next week and does something absolutely vile to him to injure him and take him off TV. Then we get a Moxley/Bryan Danielson feud.

While that's cooking, you go right into an MJF/CM Punk feud in the main event.
    God damn can you imagine Moxley having to say, with a straight face, that The Shield and teaming up with Wheeler Yuta are similar. Not saying you were saying that just thinking to myself how incredibly stupid that would be and how bad I feel for guys like Moxley and Jericho who pretend WWE never did anything for them.

I like your ideas though. Beat the fuck out of Yuta which would cause Danielson to step up for his jabroni green boy. I'm probably alone in this but I don't really like Moxley in this group. I like Danielson, Regal, and Cesaro together. Moxley just doesn't fit no matter how hard he tries to incorporate a shoot style because he was in an MMA movie....But he spends more time doing XPW type matches and the phoniest strikes since the Dark Order guy lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard about Statlander's second ACL tear, ugh that's a major bummer.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's one of my favorites too. Has some shit luck with injuries holding her back.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is she the female wade barrett

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is she the female wade barrett
    She's the female (Femalien?) Mark Henry.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally finishing Dynamite and Jericho looked amazing as Lionheart. Incredible considering how shitty he looked not long ago.

I detest Justin Roberts' announcing.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can't think of a ring announcer I despise more than Justin Roberts.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't think of a ring announcer I despise more than Justin Roberts.
    I didn't mind him in the WWE but I think in AEW because he has all that stupid shit to say it makes me want to choke him with his die.

When he's doing certain introductions like Orange Cassidy or doing his John Cena intro for Moxley. Cringe. He's Josh Matthews but a ring announcer.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't mind him in the WWE but I think in AEW because he has all that stupid shit to say it makes me want to choke him with his die.

When he's doing certain introductions like Orange Cassidy or doing his John Cena intro for Moxley. Cringe. He's Josh Matthews but a ring announcer.
    Calling him the Josh Matthews of ring announcing is too far lol. Josh is a legit douche, I'm sure Justin's a wonderful person.

But fuck his announcing, that goddamn piece of shit piss hole mother fuck. *SPIT*

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Calling him the Josh Matthews of ring announcing is too far lol. Josh is a legit douche, I'm sure Justin's a wonderful person.

But fuck his announcing, that goddamn piece of shit piss hole mother fuck. *SPIT*
    lol. I can't speak on either man outside of wrestling I just know they're both try-hards and suck at their job. But I know Justin has a long history with many wrestlers as he was a ring announcer like 20 years ago in Chicago for Punk's backyard promotion and a few others.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. I can't speak on either man outside of wrestling I just know they're both try-hards and suck at their job.
    Roddy Piper: "Bottom line!"

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a great show tonight. Ricky the Dragon Steamboat will be there as guest timekeeper. We will probably get the rematch we've been waiting 10+ years for, Le Champion v. Le Dragon, for the upcoming ppv. Maybe Steamboat/Flair v. Jericho/Swagger????

Trios tournament continues but damn this bracket is just too predictable. I feel like we're going to get Omega returning to join his bucks and they'll meet House of Black in the finals. It's kind of a shit tournament but what can you do?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't they been pushing towards Ospreay vs. Omega? I can see Omega returning but leaving the tournament to fight him, leading to Hangman stepping in to avenge Dark Order's loss to House of Black. That way you still get a tune out of conflicted Hangman, as he ends up being trios champions with the Bucks when he doesn't really want to.

Punk vs. Moxley
    Hung Bucks vs. House of Black
    Omega vs. Ospreay
    Danielson vs. Jericho
    FTR vs. Claudio/Yuta
    Rosa vs. Storm
    Christian vs. Jungle Boy
    Kingston vs. Sammy
    Jade vs. Athena

Leaves some big names and titles off but rather that than a 5 hour show. Let Hobbs and Starks main event Dynamite instead.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW like a slow burn. I could see Omega Bucks winning the Trios title and their first defense is against Ospreay his crew. Wrestle Kingdom Omega v. Ospreay. AEW gets the rematch.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Haven't they been pushing towards Ospreay vs. Omega? I can see Omega returning but leaving the tournament to fight him, leading to Hangman stepping in to avenge Dark Order's loss to House of Black. That way you still get a tune out of conflicted Hangman, as he ends up being trios champions with the Bucks when he doesn't really want to.

Punk vs. Moxley
    Hung Bucks vs. House of Black
    Omega vs. Ospreay
    Danielson vs. Jericho
    FTR vs. Claudio/Yuta
    Rosa vs. Storm
    Christian vs. Jungle Boy
    Kingston vs. Sammy
    Jade vs. Athena

Leaves some big names and titles off but rather that than a 5 hour show. Let Hobbs and Starks main event Dynamite instead.
    That would be a nice card.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, Punker calling out John Cena. Nice.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was maybe the slowest, most low energy pull-apart I've ever seen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see Steamer back and looking healthy.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a good laugh at the Kingston jab.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2/3 falls was excellent. Garcia very much on the rise.

Gunn Club reaching near Big Show levels of turns lol.

Oh yeah Omega!!!
    Last edited by Badger; August 18th, 2022 at 4:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk buried Moxley and I don't even mind. That guy's matches have always sucked, like when he exploded a TV on himself.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk v. Moxley unification next week. Wild.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was shocked for them to announce the unification match for next week. Going to be wild.

Great episode.

2/3 falls was of course a great match and the stuff at the end was good.

I loved Punk's promo.

Nice to see Omega back even though he still looks like he has some nagging stuff to deal with. Hope he is not back too soon.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    2/3 falls was excellent. Garcia very much on the rise.

Gunn Club reaching near Big Show levels of turns lol.

Oh yeah Omega!!!
    They haven't really turned that much. They were still playing the heels with the Acclaimed while the Acclaimed was getting cheered. Last night was just a turn for their dad.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not negative to giving us this match for free but All Out is like 3 weeks away, it's basically in Chicago, and it's the night after the Castle PLE. Roman v. Drew on Saturday, Punk v. Moxley on Sunday, I think there's probably a UFC show in there as well. But again, free tv, I'm down.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am okay with getting the match for free since I don't typically pay for the PPVs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I am okay with getting the match for free since I don't typically pay for the PPVs.
    I think if this were WWE I'd be heated about it simply because of the difference between how they do ppv/tv and AEW with their limited ppvs a year. AEW is kind of like TNA when TNA started having random episodes of Impact be called "Destination X" when they used to do it as a ppv. Or even NXT where apparently ECW's Heatwave just happened the other day.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They haven't really turned that much. They were still playing the heels with the Acclaimed while the Acclaimed was getting cheered. Last night was just a turn for their dad.
    Maybe that was a bad comparison but still two rapid turns within the storyline (Acclaimed and Billy face turns respectively). Seems like they changed their mind quick about how this was going.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe that was a bad comparison but still two rapid turns within the storyline (Acclaimed and Billy face turns respectively). Seems like they changed their mind quick about how this was going.
    If we go by the the creator Cody Rhodes' mentality, there are no heels/faces in AEW. So have they turned or is this just them? Very few wrestlers are truly booed because they did something bad they're booed because they want the other guy to win. I don't hate the Cowboys but if my team is playing them I'm booing their ass.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a true heel is a lost art. Too many cool heels. But there are some people who can make the audience genuinely want them to lose.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Being a true heel is a lost art. Too many cool heels. But there are some people who can make the audience genuinely want them to lose.
    It's easy to be a heel these days if people paid attention.

Be presented as an underdog babyface but you actually win all of your matches convincingly.
    Cut long promos that are about persevering and throw in something about being a proud American (works literally everywhere including the US).
    Have a smokin hot Maryse level manager, neckbeards hate any wrestler with a fine woman. Why do you think Savage rarely had Liz when he was a babyface and why Dusty had Sapphire and not Liz?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's easy to be a heel these days if people paid attention.

Be presented as an underdog babyface but you actually win all of your matches convincingly.
    Cut long promos that are about persevering and throw in something about being a proud American (works literally everywhere including the US).
    Have a smokin hot Maryse level manager, neckbeards hate any wrestler with a fine woman. Why do you think Savage rarely had Liz when he was a babyface and why Dusty had Sapphire and not Liz?
    That's a solid list. You could also add: Come to WWE from another area. the gatekeepers will eat you up.

For some, just the ability to work a crowd and match so that people want to see you get beat. Like all the time. Not just when you're facing Becky or Riddle.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    That's a solid list. You could also add: Come to WWE from another area. the gatekeepers will eat you up.

For some, just the ability to work a crowd and match so that people want to see you get beat. Like all the time. Not just when you're facing Becky or Riddle.
    Another hard part is when something that should get booed is actually entertaining. Like the Wyatt Family. I always thought a big mistake with them early on was trying to make them heels while fucking up The Miz. The Miz is a horrible white meat babyface.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miz is contractually obligated to be a face for 2 months every 4 years. Just so the fans don't get dumb about it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Miz was cast in the remake of Sidekicks but it'll be him playing as himself and there will be multiple Barry's played by known actors Big Show, Chris Jericho, John Morrison, R-Truth and John Cena.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenny Omega’s post show promo was cringe. That dude is fuckin weird.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to think dude was trying to play a character but the more and more I hang out with my 23 year old anime obsessed brother the more I realize it's just how he is.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know folks that talk like him and he really sounds like someone that's emotionally fragile. I know he might be a little blown up, but he's totally directionless in his words. A minute into his speech I'm like... where the fuck is this going?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Glad to see the injured guys returning.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to think dude was trying to play a character but the more and more I hang out with my 23 year old anime obsessed brother the more I realize it's just how he is.
    I work with someone about the same age and he's obsessed with comics and anime. No matter what you talk to him about he'll relate it to some comic book or anime show. And I'm like "ok cool man, but I only told you to unload that trailer. Don't need to know how that connects to the latest issue of The Punisher."

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch an episode of Dragon Ball with the English dub and you'll totally see where Omega is inspired. I was watching a little doc on Youtube of him training some wrestlers and even the way he talked to them was very anime English dub.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I work with someone about the same age and he's obsessed with comics and anime. No matter what you talk to him about he'll relate it to some comic book or anime show. And I'm like "ok cool man, but I only told you to unload that trailer. Don't need to know how that connects to the latest issue of The Punisher."
    You need to start getting things wrong. mix up Green Arrow and Green Lantern. talk about how Spiderman got his powers when a lightning bolt hit a vial of spider venom. Things like that.

"Hey man, I need you to be a leader here. Just like Professor Doom and The Justice Legion"

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My prediction for Wednesday:

MJF returns and fucks up both Punk and Moxley forcing the title match to be on the ppv. We've seen booking like this 100 times in WCW and WWE.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My prediction for Wednesday:

MJF returns and fucks up both Punk and Moxley forcing the title match to be on the ppv. We've seen booking like this 100 times in WCW and WWE.
    I'd rather have Tony Khan out in the ring, thanking the fans for making this the best Dynamite of all time, and have the lights go out and when they coke back on MJF is choking Tony with his Tom Baker scarf.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be fun.

But not if it resulted in Tony Khan, regular on-screen character.

Although the speed with which AEW fans would flip would be fun.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's only a matter of time before Khan winds up as an on screen character. He's been getting called out by his roster more and more over the last few months and it just smells like TK is going to form a Corporation-like stable. I can't even think of a single promoter of a major territory/promotion over the last 40+ years that didn't somehow wind up on camera. Bill Watts, Verne Gagne, Bischoff, Dixie, Paul E, Vince, Vince Russo man even writers are making themselves a character lol.

Plus Khan already gave Jesus the stunner didn't he?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why are they doing Moxley vs. Punk on Dynamite. I feel like that should be a PPV Main event.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It should have been. Not sure why they change

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are they doing Moxley vs. Punk on Dynamite. I feel like that should be a PPV Main event.
    The ppv is in 2 weeks so there's a part of me that thinks this match either doesn't happen or we get some shady bullshit finish that sets up the ppv in Chicago. Like I said before we've seen this type of booking countless times over the years. This is a very Goldber/Hogan on Nitro just to pop a quick rating type booking decision. You can smell the panic from Khan Tower 2.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see a screwy finish because they have to set up some kind of match for the PPV.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seems like Moxley wanted it on Dynamite.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The was awesome booking right there

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was one of the best things I've seen in a while. My jaw was just dropped for a solid 3 minutes probably lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Mox go full-on heel here?

Was Punk not actually cleared to wrestle yet?

There's so, so many questions and Tony Khan just yanked back some momentum from Triple H's WWE playhouse.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So gonna be Will vs Kenny on 1/4

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There's so, so many questions and Tony Khan just yanked back some momentum from Triple H's WWE playhouse.
    Jon Moxley is a lazy wrestler, punk is injured, they are going to do a rematch in Chicago where cm punk will get a mega pop and will win the title
    Last edited by Dave Wyndorf; August 24th, 2022 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Holy shit.

Both promotions are very interesting right now. I'm here for all of it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Gutted I had this spoiled for me. And by Noelle Foley's instagram too.

My own fault, obviously.

Will watch later.

Like @Ringo said, both promotions well worth my time at the moment.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was embarrassing. Just when I thought they couldn't get any more WCW they do some Fingerpoke level booking.

As many have said, at least you didn't drop $$ on the ppv to see this match. Panic booking fail.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I don't get it. If he is not ready to go then don't bring him back. The reunification match could have waited. Not sure what this accomplished. And what is the title match at All Out. Like we are almost there and they finally start announcing matches last night.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the show but I am meh on the squash match.

The trios match was fun and nice to see Kip finally get rid of the damn box. Kudos to him for wearing that for so long at like every show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused also but willing to give benefit of the doubt. I heard Mox asked for it knowing he'll lose at All Out but still not sure whether it was booked the best way as it looks like he only won cause Punk wasn't match fit.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah just don’t get this at all. They couldn’t just hold off until he was properly ready. Why not just give Mox another opponent in the mean time?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They should have just had Punk drop the title to begin with.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am willing to see how this plays out but right now I am meh on it. If I was a fan there live and was expecting that match and got what we got I would not be thrilled.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I am not a fan of the interim titles. Just strip the champ if they can't go for an extended period of time and when they come back they get to jump to the front of the line.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On something more positive, having not watched Impact in years, rocking the socks to see the Guns. That match should be a banger.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I record it but like never watch it. I do try to semi-keep up with it. I think tonight the MCMG and Kushida are teaming up in a 6 man.

Josh Alexander is coming to my town for a local show. Might try to go to that. Haven't announced his match yet though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah just don’t get this at all. They couldn’t just hold off until he was properly ready. Why not just give Mox another opponent in the mean time?
    Hotshot booking. Tony is in panic mode. The guy had his lawyer send WWE a letter warning them not to tamper with talent already signed to AEW. He's paranoid and it's making for a great storyline outside of the actual tv storylines.

Yeah I am not a fan of the interim titles. Just strip the champ if they can't go for an extended period of time and when they come back they get to jump to the front of the line.
    Yeah now Thunder Rosa is hurt so we're getting a women's interim champion.......There's going to be 40 champions by the end of fall the way these last couple months have been birthing title belts.