Results 2,501 to 2,600 of 15623

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Ya know, I was thinking Daniels would be a great person to lead the Dark Order. They can't drag this reveal out too much longer. If their options are limited, he's a good choice.
    I mean, why not? Why not use who you have and again, it screams HIGHER POWER angle. And for the super marks, you know that Russo pitched, you guessed it, Chris Daniels as the reveal. Hell, even WCW started an angle where he was coming in as the Fallen Angel and was going to do some cult type shit with Vampiro I believe but then he botched a moonsault and they cut him lol. THey cut him, but kept The Genius on the payroll for 3 years so Savage wouldn't go to the WWF.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The Daniels thing looks like a red herring to me and Hardy just makes sense as the Exalted One. If anything, it comes across to me that they're running the gag that Daniels was going to be the Higher Power and dropped it so they're giving the vibe he's going to be one again just to zag.
    Does Hardy makes sense solely because of the Broken Hardy stuff? If so, I find that gimmick to be something completely different than what Dark Order is trying to do. THere's almost something comical, almost whimsical about Broken Hardy. But I'm not trying to answer for you I'm just pitching my thoughts.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Does Hardy makes sense solely because of the Broken Hardy stuff? If so, I find that gimmick to be something completely different than what Dark Order is trying to do. THere's almost something comical, almost whimsical about Broken Hardy. But I'm not trying to answer for you I'm just pitching my thoughts.
    Not entirely. He's able to play darker and wicked. The eccentric part can be a take it or leave it scenario with whatever you want to make the character. He's clearly got pliability/range so it can fit.
    Then looking from a behind the scenes aspect, he makes a ton of sense as a coach and producer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not entirely. He's able to play darker and wicked. The eccentric part can be a take it or leave it scenario with whatever you want to make the character. He's clearly got pliability/range so it can fit.
    Then looking from a behind the scenes aspect, he makes a ton of sense as a coach and producer.
    I definitely think he'd be an asset, to any company, when it comes to behind the scenes work.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going out on a limb by saying that the sit down interview with Santana is arguably the best thing AEW has produced. I'd like to say better than any match as well, but there are a couple stellar matches I've seen in the last year so I can't give it that kind of nod. But I was like damn, this was incredible.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    JR had the line of the night:

"Nyla Rose is now the KING of the mountain" !"
    Yeah that was fucking funny. He added "...of the women's division" quietly after as if he realized what he had said.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Kenny Omanga is going to challenge Nyla Jax for the "women's" championship?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why does Jim Cornette hate Kenny Omega?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going out on a limb by saying that the sit down interview with Santana is arguably the best thing AEW has produced. I'd like to say better than any match as well, but there are a couple stellar matches I've seen in the last year so I can't give it that kind of nod. But I was like damn, this was incredible.
    It was worth it for the exposition and it could do a hell of a job in subversive way to undermine Jericho. The way they've portrayed Santana and maybe Ortiz, you'd think you could learn to love or enjoy them if it was actually presented in a favorable way. You can see them as guys (mainly Santana) who have been wronged by the randomness of life. A good back story would be that Jericho manipulated them and their street smarts/toughness to give them a better life but they're underlings and Jericho needed the muscle.

Speaking a muscle, Hager isn't saying much but he seems to be softening. The way he came on AEW programming to seeing him actively look for the camera and cheesing for it seemed interesting...especially in light of Cobb and his demeanor.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Why does Jim Cornette hate Kenny Omega?
    Well, I think the original reason is because people kept hyping him up to Cornette then someone showed Cornette the match Omega had against a 9 year old girl, then a blow up doll, and he just lost his shit. I also think his tight butthole friendship with The Young Bucks, who never got a long with Jim dating back to Jim being in Ring of Honor and maybe even TNA.

This is some brand new shit that they're going head to head about which also includes the heel turn by Dave Meltzer on his long time friend Jim Cornette---the fact JC was cool with Meltzer is probably more mind blowing than anything but he doesn't jerk off Meltzer and has no problem calling him out on his shit but he's somewhat respectful about it. Until Dave fucked up.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    His living up his gimmick of being angry about everything.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week three: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week four: 963,000 viewers
    Week five: 759,000 viewers
    Week six: 822,000 viewers
    Week seven: 957,000 viewers
    Week eight: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week nine: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Jeff Cobb is still free agent? If they don't sign him, i think it would be kind of stupid to put him in an angle with Moxley just for him to leave in a couple weeks

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Apparently Jeff Cobb is still free agent? If they don't sign him, i think it would be kind of stupid to put him in an angle with Moxley just for him to leave in a couple weeks
    Depends on the line of thinking in regards to making it kind of stupid.

Cobb: Different audience, top tier opponent, and get to market yourself to whoever you want.
    AEW: Show you're willing to play ball with different organizations who have someone under some kind of contract, show you're open to different characters getting a spotlight moment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Jericho bringing in "bounty hunter" types to soften up Jon Moxley ahead of their pay-per-view match is just another AEW rehash of the NWA angle where the heels put a bounty on Dusty Rhodes' head and different guys came in and out of the territory trying to collect on it. Its a nice way to bring some guys in for short stints without needing to make them permanent players.

Since AEW and MLW seem to have some kind of working relationship - or at least they share some talent, I'd be super hyped if AEW brought in Jacob Fatu to work with Moxley. He'd be perfect for the role.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on the line of thinking in regards to making it kind of stupid.

Cobb: Different audience, top tier opponent, and get to market yourself to whoever you want.
    AEW: Show you're willing to play ball with different organizations who have someone under some kind of contract, show you're open to different characters getting a spotlight moment.
    Makes sense when you put it that way. It would be a nice addition if he was there permanently though.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a problem with them bringing in talent on a temporary basis. It adds to the unpredictability of the show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a problem with them bringing in talent on a temporary basis. It adds to the unpredictability of the show.
    If the in-house talent is driven, they'll also use it as motivation to show AEW doesn't need wrestler x to fill that role because they're just as valuable or more...which helps AEW in the end. Not very many scenarios where this hurts AEW.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was totally unaware that Nya Rose was trans until seeing Dustin’s comments on the main page, it makes sense considering she absolutely looks like someone born a male but that’s pretty progressive of AEW.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I simply cannot understand people being bothered by Nyla being a trans women and wrestling women.

Like I totally get people having issues with shoot sports. But it's fucking wrestling.

I dunno maybe I was giving wrestling fans too much credit but in my head wrestling was the perfect place for a trans women to be accepted. In the wrestling world we constantly have to turn our brains off, we accept the undertaker as a dead guy and Luchasaraus as a fucking dinosaur but this is a step to far apparently.

I know her being a women isn't a gimmick like those examples but you'd think in a world were we except nonsense that people would be able to at least call Nyla she and accept her as a women.

I get that this post could be construed as me being tranphobic but I don't know exactly the right way to get the point I'm making across. I full accept Nyla as a woman, both in and outside of the ring. I guess I thought that even wrestling fans with anti trans feelings would be able to wrap their head the transgender stuff through the lense of pro wrestling.

I've even seen people who enjoy intergender wrestling trying to have an issue with this

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the in-house talent is driven, they'll also use it as motivation to show AEW doesn't need wrestler x to fill that role because they're just as valuable or more...which helps AEW in the end. Not very many scenarios where this hurts AEW.
    Yup, it really is a win/win.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I’m with Jordan here. Didn’t even know until saw about Twitter comments and whatnot.

Don’t really care about it. Like he said, it’s wrestling, at its core it’s pure entertainment, so whatever.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's still real to me damnit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trans or not she's terrible. AEW's entire women's division needs an overhaul. I have yet to see 1 good women's wrestling match in this company, I'm sure they've had a few that maybe I didn't care for and didn't see.

Nyla coming out licking her fucking hand is more of an issue than what she used to be.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Trans or not she's terrible. AEW's entire women's division needs an overhaul. I have yet to see 1 good women's wrestling match in this company, I'm sure they've had a few that maybe I didn't care for and didn't see.

Nyla coming out licking her fucking hand is more of an issue than what she used to be.
    I saw the match where she won the title. Nyla, to me, is like a less talented Nia Jax, who isn't really talented herself. It looked like Rhio (sp?) would work better with smaller women. It's like, Rhino woke up and forgot the N and now he's a 90 lbs. Japanese wrestler.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you miss last week's Women's title match? Everyone's been talking about how surprisingly good it was.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you miss last week's Women's title match? Everyone's been talking about how surprisingly good it was.
    It was subpar. The chemistry isn't there and it was pretty sloppy. That flying knee that Nyla did was stiffer than me after Sunny signed my shirt back in 1996.

Let's ask Val Venis what he thought lol.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked the match, but it was more of a, "Hey, it feels like they're finally getting it right."

I thought Nyla started a bit rough, but I think her performances since her re-entry have been a lot more focused and interesting.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I really liked the match, but it was more of a, "Hey, it feels like they're finally getting it right."

I thought Nyla started a bit rough, but I think her performances since her re-entry have been a lot more focused and interesting.
    To me it was just another match that I didn't care one bit about. I wasn't shocked at all with the title change. Felt very reactionary to comments toward Kenny over the last weeks, maybe even month+ about his relationship with Riho and how that affects the booking.

The WWE's women division, NXT and NXT Uk included, just puts most companies to shame. Stardom is wonderful but it's not at the same level. Impact has always had a pretty good women's division. There a few really really solid wrestlers in NWA like Sienna who could definitely help AEW.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me it was just another match that I didn't care one bit about. I wasn't shocked at all with the title change. Felt very reactionary to comments toward Kenny over the last weeks, maybe even month+ about his relationship with Riho and how that affects the booking.

The WWE's women division, NXT and NXT Uk included, just puts most companies to shame. Stardom is wonderful but it's not at the same level. Impact has always had a pretty good women's division. There a few really really solid wrestlers in NWA like Sienna who could definitely help AEW.
    The consensus seems to be that they put the title on Nyla because Riho still lives in Japan and they have to fly her back and forth. It's better to have a champion who can be on TV at any time and isn't costing extra travel expenses. It's worth noting that Riho's very popular, so it wasn't like she was holding the title hostage.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The consensus seems to be that they put the title on Nyla because Riho still lives in Japan and they have to fly her back and forth. It's better to have a champion who can be on TV at any time and isn't costing extra travel expenses. It's worth noting that Riho's very popular, so it wasn't like she was holding the title hostage.
    It took them 5 months to realize that?

Is she very popular? I don't know much about who does what in terms of ratings, merch, etc. I don't really hear anyone praising her ability or what positives she offers. Honestly I heard constant criticism and then now lately the criticism has evolved from her performances and her look to "She's where she is due to being Omega's much younger girlfriend".

I get it, if it's costing them too much to fly her out the 5-6 times they've had to bring her to Dynamite or a ppv I get it. Seems deeper than that, like the timing just doesn't make sense. You have a ppv in 2 weeks, with no women's match on the card.....Why not wait instead of having this super cold title change?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just imagine; in an alternate AEW timeline we could have had a hot, blonde, intelligent, and well spoken babyface Dr. Britt Baker DMD chasing the big, badass veteran heel Mercedes Martinez for the AEW Women's Title.

But now we've got a 98-pound Japanese school girl against someone who's only notable because she's transgender, with an alien, more tiny Japanese women, Super Bad's Super Skank girlfriend, and Big Suck aka Big Swole - Waiting in the wings as a series of potential challengers.

Its a fucking mess.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude...

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW's Women's Division is rough. Its not completely without merit, but its very often the worst or the silliest part of any given episode of Dynamite.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude...
    tries way too hard

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Britt Baker is worse in the ring than all those people you mention in that second scenario though

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    tries way too hard
    Everything I said was true. AEW's Women's Division is basically an alien, Penelope Ford, several tiny Japanese women of various talent levels, Allie - who's a goth bunny dominatrix, and Big Swole - Who's the shits.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    AEW's Women's Division is rough. Its not completely without merit, but its very often the worst or the silliest part of any given episode of Dynamite.
    Well that’s certainly true. Riho was at least over and got the crowd really into her matches by the end of them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britt Baker fucking sucks. She's easy on the eyes but that's about it and I'm being nice so a couple people in this thread don't get any more offended than they already are lol.

Riho was over with a crowd that jerk off to hentai and get a kick out of "Jesus" and "Scooby Doo" wrestling in dark matches. People get worried when the NRA has a gathering, be even more worried about the Dynamite turnout. It's like a traveling cult.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Britt Baker fucking sucks. She's easy on the eyes but that's about it and I'm being nice so a couple people in this thread don't get any more offended than they already are lol.

Riho was over with a crowd that jerk off to hentai and get a kick out of "Jesus" and "Scooby Doo" wrestling in dark matches. People get worried when the NRA has a gathering, be even more worried about the Dynamite turnout. It's like a traveling cult.
    The WWE equivalent would be letting Brock Lesnar guy fight Angry Miz Girl?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britt Baker isn't the worst in the ring.

And that's why I said, in an alternate timeline, we'd have Britt/Mercedes around the horn, so Mercedes could use her 25,000 years of wrestling experience to guide her through the feud and help her get more seasoned in the ring.

There's no ring generals in the female talent pool of AEW. Its a lot of girls with tons of potential, but who are unproven talents and don't even have any TV time under their belts. Wrestling in Japan isn't equivalent at this point to American wrestling. So the women they've brought in from Japan don't have a hugely applicable skill set, either.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britt Baker isn't the worst in the ring.

And that's why I said, in an alternate timeline, we'd have Britt/Mercedes around the horn, so Mercedes could use her 25,000 years of wrestling experience to guide her through the feud and help her get more seasoned in the ring.

There's no ring generals in the female talent pool of AEW. Its a lot of girls with tons of potential, but who are unproven talents and don't even have any TV time under their belts. Wrestling in Japan isn't equivalent at this point to American wrestling. So the women they've brought in from Japan don't have a hugely applicable skill set, either.
    Oh she's not the worst in the world but she still sucks. Her gimmick is almost as cringe as Henry Cejudo.

You're right, no ring generals in the female talent pool. And you have a guy booking the division who only really understands 1 style of women's wrestling and he's trying to mesh it with people who don't really work that style (Nyla, Britt, the alien, Big Swole, ok so everyone that isn't Japanese fighting at Tinkerbell weight).

They need Gail Kim.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Isn't Gail Kim 70 at this point

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's 70 in wrestling years.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They lack that solid veteran. The men have Goldust and Jericho for fuck's sake, 2 of the absolute best workers both in-ring and psychology. That's just the on-air talent, factor in Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko, Tully Blanchard, DDP. Shit even Cody is no dummy. Who do the women have? Bring in someone like Gail Kim, even if it's just to help with what we see on tv and she's not actually wrestling, that'd be huge. What's Madusa been up to? She'd be another good person behind the scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

She's 42.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sorry.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry.
    Better be.

Women age so much better than men these days. She's 42 and looks almost the same as she did when she was 30.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of the issue I see with AEW, specifically in this example with the women, is questioning when they're actually able to improve? There's a convenience that is being presented to the talent. In Baker's case, she's able to maintain her literal practicing as a dentist. I imagine that takes up a decent amount of her remaining time. She obviously has a life outside of wrestling with her personal relationship. When is she supposed to develop and is the time available actually providing a learning curve rate that is acceptable?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riho should have not been the champion yet, she should have went on a streak of roll up victories.

Play the story that she is small, but has great technique. And she CAN beay anybody.

They would be drama in the eventual title match.

Now I don't have much interest in her chasing the belt.

Yuka Sakasaki can fill this role!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how they couldn't find a few decent Women to build the division around instead of having to scrape the bottom of the barrel for the most part. Are they all tied up in some other promotion? I get that they want to be inclusive, but starting up a division way before it was ready just makes everyone involved look bad.

It took them 5 months to realize that?

Is she very popular? I don't know much about who does what in terms of ratings, merch, etc. I don't really hear anyone praising her ability or what positives she offers. Honestly I heard constant criticism and then now lately the criticism has evolved from her performances and her look to "She's where she is due to being Omega's much younger girlfriend".

I get it, if it's costing them too much to fly her out the 5-6 times they've had to bring her to Dynamite or a ppv I get it. Seems deeper than that, like the timing just doesn't make sense. You have a ppv in 2 weeks, with no women's match on the card.....Why not wait instead of having this super cold title change?
    Riho definitely had allot of criticism in the beginning, but over time, she won over fans. She's a natural babyface and one of the only likeable women in the division by virtue of it being so thin. I haven't seen every women's match, but Riho's the only one I can think of who's done dives, so that doesn't hurt. She still has critics, but I think they're in the minority.

Even though the title change came out of nowhere, the crowd was hot as hell for it, but then again they were hot the entire night. There's been zero build for the Women's title going into the PPV, so I don't really have a problem with this. Baker's the only one getting any sort of development, so I expect she'll wrestle Nyla at Revolution.
    Last edited by Sasori; February 18th, 2020 at 1:34 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of the issue I see with AEW, specifically in this example with the women, is questioning when they're actually able to improve? There's a convenience that is being presented to the talent. In Baker's case, she's able to maintain her literal practicing as a dentist. I imagine that takes up a decent amount of her remaining time. She obviously has a life outside of wrestling with her personal relationship. When is she supposed to develop and is the time available actually providing a learning curve rate that is acceptable?
    Probably one of the big downsides to AEW is the lack of house shows. NXT for example doesn't just shoot on Wednesdays. They're still out there working small shows, honing their craft and improving. Even the veterans. AEW talent that aren't high paid talent are probably still working smaller promotions, improving, but are they LEARNING? I think another downside to AEW in this regard is the fact that talent are booking the show. Yes, Tony Khan has stepped in and his credentials are basically a rich as fuck family and being a 20+ year fan.

So he's basically going to get the Bischoff treatment where he's going to listen to the veterans while getting pulled different directions by various wrestlers and their particular vision. Again, why is Kenny Omega booking the women? Who is helping him or is he just doing this shit on his own while still trying to maintain a presence in the ring? And is he just BOOKING them or is he offering advice?

It's almost like not knowing what all the coaches for your favorite baseball team are actually doing so how do you build faith and trust in a company in this day and age? Obviously this is from the point of view as a super fan as there are levels to this fan shit and how we all watch differently. I don't watch wrestling the same way my 9 year old daughter watches or my 58 year old mother or my 35 year old brother. We all digest the product differently and expect and know different things. So while my casual brother doesn't care I do.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how they couldn't find a few decent Women to build the division around instead of having to scrape the bottom of the barrel for the most part. Are they all tied up in some other promotion? I get that they want to be inclusive, but starting up a division way before it was ready just makes everyone involved look bad.
    See, I don't think they are scraping the bottom of the barrel but that is coming from someone who really only watches 3 promotions with women's wrestling: WWE (everything under that umbrella obviously), AEW, and a little bit of Stardom here and there. Even then I'm usually watching some of the stuff that's 3-5 years old, some new stuff.

It could be that they grabbed who they had actually watched and were impressed by but they still don't really have any depth. Plus most of us that watch AEW are probably also watching WWE product, including NXT. So you compare the 2 shows, Dynamite and NXT, the women's divisions are night and day in terms of quality. That could also be a major issues for fans. The majority of AEW's in-ring product is pretty fuckin dope, the expectations for the women are going to be the same especially when you're approaching the business the way AEW is. You want to have talent like Sonny Kiss and Nyla Rose be accepted, you need to make sure that everything is as good as the next.

definitely had allot of criticism in the beginning, but over time, she won over fans. She's a natural babyface and one of the only likeable women in the division by virtue of it being so thin. I haven't seen every women's match, but Riho's the only one I can think of who's done dives, so that doesn't hurt. She still has critics, but I think they're in the minority.

Even though the title change came out of nowhere, the crowd was hot as hell for it, but then again they were hot the entire night. There's been zero build for the Women's title going into the PPV, so I don't really have a problem with this. Baker's the only one getting any sort of development, so I expect she'll wrestle Nyla at Revolution.
    Yeah I noticed there were some people in the crowd pretty jazzed up about Nyla winning. But like I said earlier, this is the same crowd that is Cena Rumble return popping for South Park Jesus and Dooby Doo beating legit wrestlers. They Beatles pop for Tony Khan stunning a 15 year professional. IMO, Adolf Hitler and Donald Trump could show up and they'd mark out like it was 1985 and I'm a teenage girl seeing Michael Jackson moonwalk for the first time.

With all of that said.......The title change was pointless. You want to have the Native Beast come in and lick her hand and smear it all over the fuckin place making my stomach turn due a slobber phobia I have, go right ahead. But why do it on a random show with a ppv coming up that you're hoping people will buy for more than 1 match? If I were AEW I would have had Nyla go for the mega cheap pop she's been doing with the tables and just top rope powerslam Riho through one, get a DQ, have a tables match, and Nyla can win it that way, at a ppv.

Shit the way it's coming across we might see a triple threat between Nyla, Pac, and Omega for the women's championship.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is this you keep talking about with Scooby Doo and Jesus? Was this something that happened at the show last week off camera?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is this you keep talking about with Scooby Doo and Jesus? Was this something that happened at the show last week off camera?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oddly enough, Dustin Runnells is the same age as Jesus.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oddly enough, Dustin Runnells is the same age as Jesus.
    He was there when they crucified him.

He would've helped, but he had an opening match against Terry Taylor in Georgia that afternoon.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could seriously have a live rape on Dynamite and people would be chanting "One More Time"

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes AEW feels like WWE if nobody was there to rein in Vince.

And yet, because it's competition to Vince, the fans will eat it up like it's actually what they've been wanting.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post

And yet, because it's competition to Vince, the fans will eat it up like it's actually what they've been wanting.
    AEW is WWE if Vince wasn't there to pull on the reins.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    We are not even a year into this company and people are bitching about the women's division which WWE did not get right until 5 years ago.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEETH View Post
    We are not even a year into this company and people are bitching about the women's division which WWE did not get right until 5 years ago.
    And I would have and did say the same thing about women's wrestling in WWE back then.

If you don't have the talent, don't bother.

But I can't blame AEW for wanting to jump on the wagon either.

AEW is WWE if Vince wasn't there to pull on the reins.
    If you say so. I havent watched since November but it seems to be an awful lot of goofy fucking shit.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post

what in the hell are you talking about?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some of this is being blown out of proportion. All wrestling fans cheer silly, stupid shit when they're hyped for a product and/or it's fun. I don't see what the big deal about the Jesus/Scooby thing is. It was a non-televised spot that they did for fun. It's not like it was the main event of Dynamite.

Just as much as there are a lot of AEW fans that'll cheer whatever they do, there are a lot of WWE fans who do the same. That doesn't mean they'd cheer a "live rape". Let's not forget how the crowd completely buried The Nightmare Collective and the early incarnation of The Dark Order.

And AEW isn't just the goofy shit that people are bitching about. There's a lot of deeper, serious content. Like everything with Cody. Everything with Moxley and the Inner Circle. Omega and Page.

The show might not be perfect, but it's fresh. They're trying things that others won't and interacting with fans in engaging ways to show appreciation for their support. They're putting effort into improvement and constantly adjusting as fans heap praise and complaints.

Yeah, AEW's women's division may be it's weakest point. But making mistakes doesn't mean you aren't doing anything right.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW is getting more credit than it deserves because it's WWE's competition.But don't get me wrong... there's a lot still wrong w/ WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stand by my claim that an AEW crowd would in fact cheer live rape. They'd also cheer Justin Bieber pinning Jericho for the title because it'd be funny. Ever see Idiocracy? Kind of the vibe I get with some of these fans.

And I get that the WWE has their own die hard fans but I talk about them in the WWE threads lol. I don't need to say "Well WWE does this kind of shit too!" Oh well. We'll talk about that dumb shit in the thread it belongs. For now, let's just accept that AEW has a shit women's division. IDC if it took WWE 47 years to get it right I was still shitting on them when it's bad because it's not perfect by any means.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the bit about crowds is not true. I just gave you two examples of when they didn't just go along with something.

All wrestling companies have their die-hard fans is what I'm saying. But clearly, by the fact that we watch AEW and have gripes with it, it's proven that not everyone will just go along happily with what they're feeding.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody is acting like a true AEW fan.

What a fucking idiot.

I was banned from reddit for comparing Nyla Rose' title win to Harvey Wipplemans.

We are living in crazy world
    Last edited by Sinner; February 19th, 2020 at 1:47 PM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What has Cody done that makes him a fucking idiot?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical bully leftist shit. If you don't agree that Nyla Rose IS a woman, and that this debate is meaningless because of that FACT, then you are an irrelevant bigot asshole who shouldn't be allowed to speak.

When did people stop being able to have opinions?

I defended the decision to put the belt on Nyla, but I voiced the opinion that SHE should be competing against men - because I think that would help legitimize her more in the eyes of casuals. At that is apparently hateful.

Cody is saying that Val Venis (and anyone else) shouldnt be allowed to speak because it's not the Approved Opinion.

Also, Cody and Kenny (and AEW in general) keep doubling down on their stance that anyone who is a fan of Jim Cornette is an idiot.

There's no tolerance for any deviation in thought. I find it hard to support people who behave this way

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    Typical bully leftist shit. If you don't agree that Nyla Rose IS a woman, and that this debate is meaningless because of that FACT, then you are an irrelevant bigot asshole who shouldn't be allowed to speak.

I defended the decision to put the belt on Nyla, but I voiced the opinion that SHE should be competing against men - because I think that would help legitimize her more in the eyes of casuals. At that is apparently hateful.

Cody is saying that Val Venis (and anyone else) shouldnt be allowed to speak because it's not the Approved Opinion.

Also, Cody and Kenny (and AEW in general) keep doubling down on their stance that anyone who is a fan of Jim Cornette is an idiot.

There's no tolerance for any deviation in thought. I find it hard to support people who behave this way
    Yeah, I read that article. Said he wasn't going to give Val Venis any oxygen but isn't mentioning him at all giving him oxygen? Just seems weird.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Jim Cornette laid it out pretty well when talking about this Nyla-Riho match. Nyla should have destroyed Riho. It shouldn't have been a 2 segment match. Maybe they were going for a Samoa Joe v. Rey Mysterio competitive back and forth but when someone is outweighed by another human being by 150-200lbs there's no reason for this match to go as long as it did.

And I also agree that AEW should embrace the "controversy". They want to have an edge, I'm waiting for a bio female to step up and say some wild shit. "You knew you couldn't hack it as a male wrestler so you switched sides" type shit. Why not? Rose is a heel right?

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post

lol

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah its weird how being a bigot will get you labelled as one, Its like Spudz spirit has taken over him. Damn the leftists though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slutty Macwhoreface View Post
    Yeah its weird how being a bigot will get you labelled as one, Its like Spudz spirit has taken over him. Damn the leftists though.
    I stopped being a transphobe a long time ago, dude.

That was immature and stupid of me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, hey... Who's ready for another packed night of AEW Wrestling action on AEW Wednesday Night...

We're live from the former WCW Wrestling Hotbed- the capital city of the peach state...

For a night of exciting wrestling action! As...

AEW Crowns #1 Contenders For The Tag-Team Champions In A Tag-Team Battle Royal- Featuring (Deep Breath) - The Young Bucks, The Dark Order, Best Friends, The Hybrid 2, The Butcher, The Baker, The Blade, and Allie- The Boner Dick Maker, Private Party, Jurassic Express, and "Don't Call Us LAX" - Santana and Ortiz

For The AEW Tag-Team Championship - "Hangman" Adam Page and Kenny Omega (C) vs. The Lucha Brothers

Jeff Cobb - Making His Official AEW In-Ring Debut vs. Jon "An Eye For An Eye Makes The Whole World Blind" Moxley

https://frinkiac.com/video/S10E12/Yo...RDlzPsw-k=.mp4

And in The Main Event: AEW's First Ever Cage Match - Wardlow vs. Cody Rhodes
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; February 19th, 2020 at 9:19 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    in atlanta, CAGE MATCH main event, battle royal to start the show, nice old school feel.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that Raven?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... don't ask JR to do commentary when he's hungry.

I LIKE CAKE!!!!.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, its hard to remember, but there was a time there when CIMA felt like a huge deal in wrestling.

Now he's barely a bit player in AEW.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have any of the announcers mentioned Shanna's dressed like Goku from Dragon Ball Z?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I liked when JR noped the fuck out or Statlander's alien backstory. A rare case of him being a curmudgeon actually working.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was probably the best women's match in AEW up to this point.

I'm glad Statlander had come around. I think the quick push she was given gave her the jitters, because she was solid her first week, then sucked her next couple weeks. She looked really good here.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, its hard to remember, but there was a time there when CIMA felt like a huge deal in wrestling.

Now he's barely a bit player in AEW.
    Stronghearts are a big deal literally everywhere they work, but here

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Stronghearts are a big deal literally everywhere they work, but here
    CIMA just had a World Title shot against Jacob Fatu in MLW.

Contra Unit vs. The Stronghearts was a fun feud.

- - - Updated - - -

Tony's voice is shot.

Is it college baseball season now?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not making fun, but given her voice, you can totally tell Nyla Rose is trans.

She doesn't have a female voice. She sounds like a man trying to sound like a woman.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *cringe*

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Swole needs more time in whatever developmental system AEW has.

She wants to be Bianca Belaire so bad it hurts. But in the ring she just can't pull it off.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not making fun, but given her voice, you can totally tell Nyla Rose is trans.

She doesn't have a female voice. She sounds like a man trying to sound like a woman.
    ffs. no. there are plenty of women that don't sound stereo-typically feminine. what the fuck is wrong with you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    ffs. no. there are plenty of women that don't sound stereo-typically feminine. what the fuck is wrong with you.
    Its probably a little bit of confirmation bias, but I feel like with Nyla, you can hear it very specifically.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its probably a little bit of confirmation bias, but I feel like with Nyla, you can hear it very specifically.
    What are you doing right now? Like, what's the point of bringing this up? All you're doing is underlining that you're still very hung up on the fact that she's trans despite insisting you're not transphobic...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fan in the front row is dressed as Scooby Doo. What the fuck.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    What are you doing right now? Like, what's the point of bringing this up? All you're doing is underlining that you're still very hung up on the fact that she's trans despite insisting you're not transphobic...
    I'm watching the program, listening to her promo, and making an observation.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice debut for Jeff, I guess? Ehh.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, you said you'd stop this though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do they just wait there like idiots for him to skateboard down to the ring?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    yeah really i don't see what's objectionable about it. it's not a charitable observation but wrestlers get uncharitable observations made about all of their characteristics all the time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    A fan in the front row is dressed as Scooby Doo. What the fuck.
    He was there last week as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Nice debut for Jeff, I guess? Ehh.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, you said you'd stop this though.
    I'm sorry I brought it up.

---

At least Jeff Cobb got a good match out of his debut. He threw Mox around like a sack of spudz... err.. spuds, and Mox only caught him by barely hooking him up and cinching in a pin, after he got suplexed off the top. Cobb still looks like a beast and Mox just looks wily and/or lucky.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    He was there last week as well.
    Scooby-Doo and AEW Jesus should have been in the tag-team battle royal earlier.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Scooby-Doo and AEW Jesus should have been in the tag-team battle royal earlier.
    They both got in the ring after the show went off the air last week. Both Jesus and Scooby pinned QT Marshall or Brandon Cutler.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's something about Kenny Omega that makes him look so bored and unsure of himself when he's out there.