Results 2,401 to 2,500 of 15817

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Shut your ass!"

Chris Jericho with another weird, "off" line.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Hangman" Page Sez...

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i really like this lashes angle

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they really wanted to get some big heat, they'd have Brandi come down and beg MJF to stop. And then he'd lay into her with a lashing instead.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Page is turning heel right here.

He comes down to "help" Cody, grabs the belt, and blisters him with it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if I'd call that segment "fun" in the traditional sense.

But that was compelling and carried off very well. No swerves, no surprises, just the right kind of well acted drama you don't see in WWE.

Bagel
    I haven't seen too much AEW of late (this year) to say much about their matches had but it's the stories and segments around feuds and such going on that has me more interested. They seem to execute that part really well and keep it interesting for the most part.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    6/10 for this week's show

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're doing a good job with ample amount of time to work with in terms of Moxley and Jericho. Feels like Moxley gets more and more momentum with the audience each and every week.

Also doing a good job with course correcting Dark Order since they had that closing segment to end 2019. It's been a little more subtle and they're giving it time to build and to create more substance to the group.

Women's match itself wasn't very much, which is par for the course. It was a little corny, but at least they were mildly creative with the post match stuff and tying it together with Baker's gimmick.

Page's character over the last several weeks has certainly clicked but they're at a critical fork in the road now. Most of the signs seemed to indicate that Page would eventually turn on Omega at the end of their tag run but can you actually do that now and actually click with the audience as he's gotten so over? You can make a case that you can execute a turn after effectively playing the audience for weeks at a time but I think you take away all of the momentum he's established and he'll kind of have to start all over, just as a heel now. He can't be a fun loving drunkard as a heel.

So is it a split personality approach for Brandi? Okay... Meanwhile, Cody is on a hell of run in terms of being a superb storyteller in the ring. That last lash on the Dream tattoo was a very solid touch.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    So is it a split personality approach for Brandi? Okay... Meanwhile, Cody is on a hell of run in terms of being a superb storyteller in the ring. That last lash on the Dream tattoo was a very solid touch.
    I honestly feel that the Nightmare Collective might be axed. It was the one act that was consistently getting bad reactions both in the arena and on the internet. Never once had it really clicked. Even The Dark Order had elements that people liked, which makes sense why it's still a thing, just evolving. Assuming Tony means it when he says they're listening to the fans, I think they might have pulled the plug, or at least shelved it until they can make something decent out of it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I honestly feel that the Nightmare Collective might be axed. It was the one act that was consistently getting bad reactions both in the arena and on the internet. Never once had it really clicked. Even The Dark Order had elements that people liked, which makes sense why it's still a thing, just evolving. Assuming Tony means it when he says they're listening to the fans, I think they might have pulled the plug, or at least shelved it until they can make something decent out of it.
    Granted all I'm doing is reading a recap but The NC is still doing stuff on Dark, including writing Kong off in the short term. I'm not sure if it's slowly dissolving or if they're really wanting to create a split personality for Brandi. The first option is probably welcomed by all, while the second is opening the floodgates for it to really be zany.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Granted all I'm doing is reading a recap but The NC is still doing stuff on Dark, including writing Kong off in the short term. I'm not sure if it's slowly dissolving or if they're really wanting to create a split personality for Brandi. The first option is probably welcomed by all, while the second is opening the floodgates for it to really be zany.
    Oh, right, Dark. I haven't really watched that much and forget to read spoilers, so I hadn't realized they actually still had presence. But it definitely seems like they're changing lanes in the least

I actually think it would be hilarious if it turned out this is just how she gets when she drinks wine and has been on a bender, but then you're steppin' on the Hangman's noose.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Man that lashes segment was great. One of the best non-wrestling segments they've done so far. Arn coming out first, Dustin offering to take the rest for Cody.... that final lash over Cody's "Dream" tattoo. MJF is such a cunt. Cody now has to go through Wardlow in a cage. The build for this match and Jericho/Mox have been going really well.

Glad that they appear to have listened and ditched the Nightmare Collective.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    moxley/ortiz was a good opener. they love giving mox that spot, to get viewers hooked. i am glad he got a better eyepatch. the key in the eye was great. although, for a $750k car, i feel they would give you a different keychain than the rubber 'ford' one that you got with a 1995 ford focus. the santana promo was really stellar. he seems like the breakout star, while ortiz is the comedic element.

hey an almost decent dark order segment. best one they had, live, yet. still don't buy evil uno.

THE DOCTOR/yuka was a shit match, but great end segment. so many botches, and the tooth part looked faked, especially with her presenting it to the camera. i would have stayed with just blood, but get why they did that (SHE IS A DOCTOR OF TEETH)

elite/lucha&bbb was real fun, right up the bucks and luchas alley. glad luchas got the win. hope hangman stays in his role and doesn't go heel. bucks are much better for that role.

pac segment was great. even if he pointed out that kenny is a shitty friend. not sure why nyla is #1 contender, but whatever. riho isn't even big enough to bust a table. weird that they are doing the iron man match on tv. makes me wonder if they are going to blow a kenny & hangman/bucks match too soon at revolution.

janela/sabian. meh. nothing out of this world. not sure where this is leading too. feud seems like filler with no real direction.

cody's lashing was amazing. when it was first mentioned, it was giving me flashbacks to sandman/whipwreck in ecw with the caning. this outdid it. it was pretty brutal. cody is at a babyface level i never would have though of. every lash brought out a new element, great pacing. the wardlow shot, the double shot, the chest shot - all brutal. mjf is such an asshole. he needs a better theme, though.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't expect much from the lashing, but it delivered and then some. Take notes WWE, that's how you endear a babyface to the fans.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not gonna lie, been checking out clips of Orange Cassidy and I just think he's great. Hope to see him in WWE one day.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week three: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week four: 963,000 viewers
    Week five: 759,000 viewers
    Week six: 822,000 viewers
    Week seven: 957,000 viewers
    Week eight: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week nine: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Not gonna lie, been checking out clips of Orange Cassidy and I just think he's great. Hope to see him in WWE one day.
    I've been thoroughly entertained by everything I've seen of him (which granted, is not a whole hell of a lot but i get the gist of what he does and I fucking love it). I'm not sure he'd work in WWE, though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE hasn't done a purely comedy guy since Santino Marella.

And even then, Santino could actually go. The guy had some badass martial arts background. They just never had him use it, because he was better as the funny dude.

- - - Updated - - -

And even then, Santino could actually go. The guy had some badass martial arts background. They just never had him use it, because he was better as the funny dude.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post

- - - Updated - - -

R-Truth?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm excited to see the cage match between Wardlow and Cody. Intrigued to see the outcome... do they make Wardlow lose his first match? Or maybe MJF comes in, causes a distraction and Wardlow gets the cheap win. We'll see i guess.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I don't think I've actually seen him do it but supposedly Orange Cassidy can actually go as well.

Like in for example this match with David Starr:

Some comments:

"This was truly superb story telling in this match. Cassidy doing his normal schtick but Starr is proving he's a legit threat and doesn't play games. This causes Cassidy to unleash his true skill he has deep inside. It's the story of a fallen hero that doesn't have confidence in himself to really try anymore but when facing a villain that stands as a huge threat, he takes a beating but then showcases his real talent and shows just how tough he truly is. Cassidy may be a comedy act, he may act like he just doesn't care, but when the cards are stacked against him he will show the world just how good he is."

"The ending is cool, with once again Cassidy having a burst of energy; this also layers the character, as it shows he can obviously wrestle and has explosive energy, which can be released any time, making you wonder if his goofy presentation is just mind games."

"Freshly Squeezed shows he is far more than just a comedy act. Get him some ring action in AEW now!"

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    some time when they're in between PPVs and looking for a low-level title match to put on dyanmite they should do an angle where cassidy improbably wins a number one contender's battle royal, and then has his first serious match for the title with lots of near falls, ultimately losing of course.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange Cassidy would be over in seconds in the WWE. He'd be a top tier midcard guy for sure, beyond that he'd have to kind of ditch the baby shin kicks but that's about it.

I just wish he wrestled more in AEW. And I told my buddy he used to wrestle as an ant in CHIKARA was the wrong piece of knowledge because then I had to try and explain what the fuck CHIKARA is to him lol. He had never heard of it. I basically said imagine every nightmare you've had, soak it in the game Candyland, add some quality technical ability, and that's CHIKARA.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I've loved the build to Cody and MJF. I was on the fence about Revolution until a couple of weeks ago, but I'll be ordering that show.

I also really liked the Mox/Ortiz opener this week. Must say though, Ortiz comes across as a total comedy character to me. The whole 'tiger claw' pose every few moves. I swear if he was doing that shit in WWE, it'd be called childish. Because it is, basically. The Inner Circle need a bit more of an edge, for me.

And yes, Adam Page is the man. My favourite on the entire roster at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nightmare Collective discussion starts at 12:50 if anyone wants to skip ahead.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's be honest.....Nobody cared about the Nightmare Collective. We only cared about Brandi Rhodes and what hot outfit she was going to come down to the ring wearing that night. No offense to Kong, but they weren't exactly trying to use her other than to drop a few dummies on their heads and cut their hair off. They had the bald chick, and then Jericho's boy from the old FMW days.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Well yeah. I think that's the whole point. Nobody cared about it so they listened and ditched it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's ready for some red hot, Wednesday Night Warfare, AEW-Style? Its time for Wednesday Night....

And we're deep, deep down in the heart of Texas.

And tonight in Texas, we're in for a night of world class action as...

- "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes faces off with Sammy "The Vlogging God" Guevara

- MJF - Fresh off of giving Cody Rhodes ten lashings last week takes on Jungle Boy - The Boy Of The Jungle

- Riho defends her AEW Women's Title against Nyla "The Yellow" Rose (Of Texas)

- And, in your featured attraction - Its An Eye For An Eye...

- John "Watch Your Keys" Moxley takes on The Inner Circle's Own "Ow My Eye! My Doctor Said I'm Not Supposed To Get Keys In It" - Don't Call Him "Tito" - Santana!
    Last edited by mth; February 13th, 2020 at 10:59 AM. Reason: drop the Godzilla BS

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is the first ever Kenny Omega match I've seen. Come to think of it, it's the first Adam Page, Scorpio Sky, and Frankie Kazarian match I've seen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wish I'd gone to the show tonight. Cool card.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    really liking this tag so far

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Everyone needs to get on the Hangman Page bandwagon.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The wife thought that was ricochet hah

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    He's the modern day Scott Hall. Just hopefully without the propensity for alcohol and substance problems.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    real great match but i wtf ending

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    he could really have something here. he was generic overpushed guy just because he was friends with the elite at first, but since they've started this new gimmick/angle he's been awesome.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    he could really have something here. he was generic overpushed guy just because he was friends with the elite at first, but since they've started this new gimmick/angle he's been awesome.
    I always thought he had something, but now he's clicking on all cylinders.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    real great match but i wtf ending
    They seem to be switching gears. Maybe they'll keep Adam Page babyface and switch SCU heels. Kaz tried to grab the rope and the ref missed it, so he's got the bitch. Maybe they could make SCU whiny heels who feel like they're being fucked around, because they're not "Elite enough".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My buddy got a pic with Dustin Rhodes tonight and Dustin gave him shit for wearing a custom made MOX shirt. "The official merch stand is that way. How we make our money, man." Something like that. Pretty sure he was just busting balls. That bootleg MOX shirt is way better than the stuff they're selling.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevara at Revolution?

Sounds pretty good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serious question; does anyone else know why Jake Hager hasn't wrestled a match for AEW yet? He's been on every show since the first episode, dressed like an accountant on his day off, but he hasn't had any in-ring time yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Serious question; does anyone else know why Jake Hager hasn't wrestled a match for AEW yet? He's been on every show since the first episode, dressed like an accountant on his day off, but he hasn't had any in-ring time yet.
    It probably has something to do with him working with Bellator. That's my guess.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It probably has something to with him working with Bellator. That's my guess.
    That's what I was thinking too. But they haven't bothered to promote that fact.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn. Canadian Destroyer and the Curtain Call/Final Reckoning and it actually beat somebody?

Two killer moves and the guy went down, instead of running through 15 finishers, they used 2. That's a nice change of pace for AEW.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I want a piece of your ass."

In another time, another place, that line would have meant something completely different for that guy.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha even Dustin is pissed Jake hasn't wrestled yet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They are stacking the fuck out of that Revolution card. Leave some for later, fellas.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    the way baker still seems pretty stilted and awkward on promos actually makes her promos better

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay Tony, you're like 45. And you're not a rockstar or a Harrison Ford.

Ditch the earring.

Fun fact: Because of a culture that hasn't been as anti-smoking as the United States and other countries, Japanese people have, on average, a 60% higher amount of oral health and tooth health issues than people in other countries.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Britt is much better as a cunty heel.

Whataburger remark really cut them deep.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britts mic skills are actually not bad. She really needs to work on her ring skill though to reach that next level.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five Guys > What-A-Burger.

For the record.

Britt Baker. She's such a fantastic heel. They've got to be building up to an angle where one of the babyface girls busts one of her teeth out of her mouth. Hopefully it won't look as fake as I Dream Of Genie getting her's knocked out last week.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Five Guys is great, but they aren't as prevalent as Whataburger.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nyla's got her nails painted yellow.

Nice subtle shout-out to Texas.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five Guys is great, but they aren't as prevalent as Whataburger.
    To be fair, I've never been to WhatABurger. But I've been to Five Guys so many times, I needed to have my front door widened to get in and out of my house easier.

But I'd be willing to try a WhatABurger burger.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This smells like a disqualification win for Riho.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like its finally time to get the Women's Title off of the tiny school child and on an actual adult.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're insisting on continuing the Nightmare Collective crap, Nyla Rose would make a great addition.

Since they turfed
    on AEW Dark. They could use new muscle.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    To be fair, I've never been to WhatABurger. But I've been to Five Guys so many times, I needed to have my front door widened to get in and out of my house easier.

Whataburger probably won't change your life, but it's still pretty remarkable for a chain that size. Convenient all over Texas.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're insisting on continuing the Nightmare Collective crap, Nyla Rose would make a great addition.

Since they turfed
    on AEW Dark. They could use new muscle.
    pretty sure the stable doesn't exist anymore. Sure seems like it anyway after Brandi's recent video

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seems like its finally time to get the Women's Title off of the tiny school child and on an actual adult.
    Riho is apparently really popular, though. Does good quarter hour ratings and kids love her.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    yeah, they need to keep in on riho for a while.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riho is apparently really popular, though. Does good quarter hour ratings and kids love her.
    She's the child identification character of the AEW show.

Because she looks like she's 8.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nyla's version of "selling" was to waddle up to her feet and then just kinda... fall down.

... called it.

Sorry, kiddos.
    Last edited by mth; February 13th, 2020 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Godzilla stuff again

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    At least Nyla can defend it more frequently. Riho tends to have obligations in Japan.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, i actually didn't see that coming lol. If they were going to make Riho drop the belt, why not wait a few more weeks for it to happen at Revolution?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nyla's such a poor woman's monster heel. Her spear was whack and her powerbomb lacks impact.

She should have beat Riho to begin with so this is a step in the better direction I guess.

They have backstage segments during commercial breaks?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Does aew always do commercials at the seemingly wrong time

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    JEFF COBB!?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JEFF COBB THO!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This crowd has been hot all night.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff Cobb is nice.

I just wish Jeff Cobb could play Matanza Cueto outside of Lucha Underground.

Imagine The Monster Matanza showing up with Dario Cueto seconding him.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dario leading the Dark Order would be fantastic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Dario leading the Dark Order would be fantastic.
    Damn right.

Dario as the mouthpiece, and Fat Guy Uno as a regular wrestler. That'd be perfect. I can't take The Dark Order seriously, because chubsy flubsy Evil Uno looks like a fat dork in a bad Halloween costume. He doesn't sell me on a cult anyone would want to join.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Hardy will be leading the Dark Order lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Matt Hardy will be leading the Dark Order lol
    That's not a bad thing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not a bad thing.
    It would be a cool debut lol. He can bring his broken persona he loves so much back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that MJF just did that in front of AEW's female ref just made that bit even better.

Christ, that's such simple heat. But it really works for a simple heel like MJF.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice double cross from MJF lol. I see he's been working on it since he butchered it the first time he used it. Haha

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Nice double cross from MJF lol. I see he's been working on it since he butchered it the first time he used it. Haha
    I think it'd be better if he always did it kind of sloppy. They could say MJF thinks he's so much better than Cody, he can beat guys with Cody's finish easier than Cody can.

And then the first time MJF really snaps it off proper is at Revolution, Cody kicks out and MJF goes apoplectic.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pac is the fucking man.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, seriously, who is the Jesus who seems to follow AEW to every town for Dynamite?

- - - Updated - - -

This show has been so fun tonight, I've barely been distracted by the supposed "grown man" dressed like Scooby-Doo in the front row.

Zoinks!

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Moxley is only the second coolest person I've seen with an eye patch this week.

(I started watching Disney+ the other day.)

(He's not technically a "person", but he's a humanoid-duck type creature. He counts. Close enough.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That show ruled.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All joking aside, that was a really solid show.

It seems like, when AEW has a pay-per-view to build to and have a card to focus on building, that's when they do their best work.

Bagel
    My issue with the PPV date at first was that it was so far away at the time but they've really built so much stuff up well without really fucking it up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    My issue with the PPV date at first was that it was so far away at the time but they've really built so much stuff up well without really fucking it up.
    I like it.

AEW doesn't have a Network-style service, where we can watch a pay-per-view for $10 a month, so they announce a major show a month out and really have to build to it. $40 for an AEW event is obviously way more of an investment than $10.

And because they've only got one weekly TV, they need to make every week feel like destination viewing. Its a really overly "traditional" way to run a wrestling promotion. Its a "less is more" approach that actually manages to make the big matches of the big show feel, well, big.

Sparklin'
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really fair to compare a fast food place to a fast casual either. Both are at the top of their category though.

Whatburger milkshakes used to be great.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed View Post
    Not really fair to compare a fast food place to a fast casual either. Both are at the top of their category though.

Whatburger milkshakes used to be great.
    To be completely honest, given the choice, I'd probably gobble down a couple Big Macs and a large fry from McDonald's over WhatABurger or Five Guys. I need to be in a very special state of mind to eat Five Guys. I need to be okay with feeling like a well-fed tick for a day or so after I eat there.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All in all, I think they've really corrected course since the last show of 2019 and they're in a groove now. That was a very tight episode. Not a lot of stuff to see a fault in when you look at the entire show. To me, the biggest gripe is that it wasn't ideal to have your new champion cut a promo during a commercial. It seems that they run very hot and cold in terms of their usage with the picture in picture approach.

Baker is continuing to find her way with her promos. More importantly, they're getting a very strong amount of heat. I guess she's going to have some extra rope in terms of completing the puzzle because as a heel she doesn't necessarily be great in the ring. She just needs to cheat and get heat.

Cobb honestly made sense in either AEW or NXT so this is a good landing spot for him. AEW was in need of size diversity and it appears that's on the horizon for them with Cobb mingling with them, and reports of Archer, Cage, and Harper being in the mix in the near future.

Revolution looks like:
    Moxley versus Jericho
    Cody versus MJF
    Omega and Hangman versus The Bucks
    Sammy versus Darby
    Dustin versus Hager
    Rose versus Shida or Riho (?)
    SCU versus Dark Order

Good card.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could be one hell of a singles roster: Hager, Cobb, Pentagon, Fenix, Hangman, Cage, Harper, Moxley, Archer, Omega, PAC, Cody, Dustin, MJF, Jericho...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Great episode. Things in AEW have begun to really fall into place.

Hangman Page is quickly becoming the promotion's first real breakout star. Who would have thought that? Coupled with the solid ring work he's got personality now and people have really taken to him. I'm enjoying Omega and Page's tag run and think the Bucks feud should be what really puts the promotion's tag title division on the map. My guess is that everything was set for Page to turn on Kenny but they've changed course as a result of Page's reactions.

Santana's sit down promo with JR about his blind Dad was class.

Baker's heel turn has done wonders for her and this was her best bit yet. Nyla Rose takes the title from Riho which I'm cool with. The division is improving, slowly but surely. Not sure where they're going with Nyla/Omega/etc. but I'm intrigued.

Dustin/Sammy was a great little TV match and I loved the stuff between Dustin and Hager. I'm really looking forward to that one.

MJF continues to be a great dickhead and I was absolutely howling when JR started screaming SHUT UP at him to defend Brandi's honour. Cody/Wardlow IN THE CAGE should be a blast. As for Jungle Boy, I'm already anticipating how much fun it's going to be seeing him eventually win the big one down the line.

Mox's entrance with the camera following him through the concourse and crowd makes him look like a huge star. I like that better than him just appearing somewhere in the crowd. Jeff Cobb is a good addition to the roster and the Inner Circle. This current version of Jericho is so entertaining as well. He looks like he's having a blast playing the part.

Maybe the best episode of Dynamite so far.
    Last edited by Ringo; February 13th, 2020 at 8:38 AM.

Sparklin'
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    This could be one hell of a singles roster: Hager, Cobb, Pentagon, Fenix, Hangman, Cage, Harper, Moxley, Archer, Omega, PAC, Cody, Dustin, MJF, Jericho...
    How certain are we that they'll introduce a midcard belt soon, most likely by years end?

BEST IN THE WORLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was basically a PPV, not only that but a bloody Grade A quality PPV on a standard Dynamite episode- we as fans are getting spoilt right now, AEW kicked WWE’s ass this week ����

The storyline’s leading to Revolution are solid AF right now along with PAC v Omega and of course “freshly squeezed” is must see every week for me ����

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tried AEW last night, but whether it be my WWE bias or what, just wasn't feeling it. I was interested in Swagger/Rhodes, but not much else. Thought the Britt Baker promo was cringeworthy, but maybe that was the point? Women's match felt odd to me. Dunno. Maybe I'll try again next week and see what's up. I'm sure the couple of shows before the PPV will be epic. Also don't get the picture in picture part of the show. Like, I've seen it on Smackdown or RAW, but they usually do that when a match is going on, but AEW had Nyla Rose talking to Kenny Omega and I was like wtf are they saying? And Orange Cassidy too, I was like what's going on?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JR had the line of the night:

"Nyla Rose is now the KING of the mountain" People are like "Why did Riho lose?" Well, if you've been following twitter lately you'll know exactly why. Kenny panicked and booked his 20 year old girlfriend to job because of all the heat he's been getting and the Cornette posts toward him, HOLY SHIT, fucking goldmine.

I like Omega very much but it's hard not to enjoy Corny ripping the fuck out of the guy.

I'm only about 70% in, basically just haven't seen the main event but it's been a good show minus pretty much everything involving "women" and I'm just not high on the Dark Order. People keep thinking Matt Hardy, Luke Harper, it's gotta be someone from WWE apparently but I think it's going to be Christopher Daniels. They're going to try some magic shit, look at what my left hand is doing while the right does the trick.....I just keep thinking they're pulling from the HIGHER POWER angle 20 years ago when Vince joined the darkside after battling Undertaker for a little while.

Luke Harper isn't a leader, and Matt Hardy deserves more than what we're seeing out of that stable and it just seems lazy to have it be a former WWE talent.

Okay, seriously, who is the Jesus who seems to follow AEW to every town for Dynamite?

- - - Updated - - -

This show has been so fun tonight, I've barely been distracted by the supposed "grown man" dressed like Scooby-Doo in the front row.

Zoinks!
    At first, and I hadn't even smoked yet, I thought I was seeing things and then my friend was like, "Look at the idiot in the scooby doo pajamas!"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know, I was thinking Daniels would be a great person to lead the Dark Order. They can't drag this reveal out too much longer. If their options are limited, he's a good choice.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Daniels thing looks like a red herring to me and Hardy just makes sense as the Exalted One. If anything, it comes across to me that they're running the gag that Daniels was going to be the Higher Power and dropped it so they're giving the vibe he's going to be one again just to zag.