Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Juice and Toni were any darker it'd be offensive

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I fell asleep 10 minutes into this by accident.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    A certain section of AEW fans are PISSED that Sasha didn't show and that announcing Toni wasn't a swerve

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mox/Hangman was really pretty good. It was a nice surprise watching not bleeding after a few mins for once.

Loved Danielson/Takeshita. It’d be cool if Takeshita got some wins on TV too as very high on him.

Fun ladder match with some cool spots to top off the best-of-7 series.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    A certain section of AEW fans are PISSED that Sasha didn't show and that announcing Toni wasn't a swerve
    Yeah, pissed something that wasn't advertised didn't happen. Sounds like wrestling fans.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh but some of the dirtsheets alluded to it being her so obviously it was supposed to happen.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did those dirt sheets say "Sasha Banks will debut in AEW. If she doesn't, plans changed."?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Did those dirt sheets say "Sasha Banks will debut in AEW. If she doesn't, plans changed."?
    lol probably.

I just read that after the women's tag match the lights went out, then a Rampage graphic popped up so the crowd booed. I would've given anything to be in that crowd just to laugh at those butthurt dorks. There are too many wrestling fans who are so entitled they think they can predict everything so when it doesn't happen they act like little kids. Not shocking considering Tony Khan has the same mentality.

I GOT MORE MONEY THAN EVERYONE NOW HUG ME DADDY CLAUDIO

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice to see Austin Jenkins back. Was worried he'd have to retire.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eh, it's understandable. tony, in interviews at the end of 2022, was playing coy saying he couldn't say anything about the mystery partner at the time, and when people brought up 'well maybe once the new year hits,' alluding to sasha's contract situation, he didn't say anything to make people think differently. then they announce toni as the partner while in the same breath setting up shida as feeling scorned for not being chosen. and they also have britt, in the sit down interview, call herself 'the boss' and wink at the fuckin camera.

they did the whole 'worst kept secret' think for the punk debut, so there's at least some history of AEW playing into fan expectations.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah, I wonder if a deal fell through within the last couple of weeks, or else Tony did raise expectations to be fair.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it's reasonable to be annoyed, though i'm not. AEW is self-consciously the hardcore fan promotion, they work the fact that their core audience actively keeps up with all the dirt into their storylines, etc. they were obviously creating a plausible expectation when they shouldn't have.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Had been underwhelmed by AEW for a little while, but the last 2 episodes of Dynamite have been fantastic, helped by having super enthusiastic crowds.

Hangman and Mox was excellent, in particular, as was Takeshita and Danielson and match 7. Great to see Cole back too.

Onwards and upwards.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW are notorious for the bait and switch just like TNA were. My favorite TNA bait and switch was always "We have a former world champion debuting tomorrow!" Well then out comes Goldust and it's "He's a former WORLD TAG TEAM champion" lol.

AEW have done this many times. Never trust them when they start talking about a big surprise or anything like that. They don't hide shit very well and leak their stuff to the sheets so the internet can get buzzing.

I mean, if you haven't caught on that for the last 30 years every promotion from ECW to AEW have lived off the WWE's tit.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Saw an article about CM Punk responding to MJF, something about ratings. Can someone provide a summary of what's going on here? Do they hate each other in real life?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well I was going to use money my MIL gave me for Christmas to go to Dynamite in March. But when I checked ticket prices this afternoon the cheapest tickets left are more than what she gave me and a good chunk of the show sections are all sold already with not a ton of sections left with tickets open. So made the choice easy enough to go to the indie show I want to go to in March instead.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw an article about CM Punk responding to MJF, something about ratings. Can someone provide a summary of what's going on here? Do they hate each other in real life?
    MJF vs. Punk won Feud of the Year but they blacked out Punk's name with tape on the plaque MJF was holding. Punk Tweeted something like, "Did they put a piece of tape over the ratings, too?"

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Punks a bitch

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punks a bitch
    But he's not wrong. That's what sucks. He might have a shit personality and have rubbed certain people the wrong way. But he's also very well liked in other circles.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes he's well liked in circles containing other bitches.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Danielson vs Bandido - very early contender for MOTY?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Yes he's well liked in circles containing other bitches.
    A lot of hot bitches.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lethal vs Mark Briscoe to celebrate the life on Jay Briscoe on his birthday tomorrow on Dynamite.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Lethal vs Mark Briscoe to celebrate the life on Jay Briscoe on his birthday tomorrow on Dynamite.
    That's dope. I like when things line up on a wrestling night like this.

Hopefully people are snatching up that new Jay Briscoe shirt, all the loot goes toward his family.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I saw that. I also saw on a couple sites via my facebook feed a fundraising site has something set up as well.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know why Warner was against Jay Briscoe appearing on their TV channels, but what was it about Mark? Just association?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think so since they were a team and brothers.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone link me to someone from WB stating they have issues with the Briscoes? I'm not saying it's not true, it makes sense, but I'm curious if there is actual proof or is this all guessing/Meltzer?

I also want to say this...People act like an apology or even several make everything better. We can compare apples to oranges, they allow this to happen but not this....I'm just saying people talk about how Jay apologized for what he's said in the past and it wasn't like he said something generic like "I'm not into homosexuality" no he pretty said you would get shot and killed if you tried to do X,Y,Z. And yeah he did apologize for it but many people apologize for fucked up shit they've said and it still killed their career. Not just in wrestling but in entertainment, in life, some stuff there's just no amount of apologizing that will work.

It's sad too because I fucking LOVE The Briscoes, especially Jay. When I started back up watching ROH again it was during the time when Kevin Owens was doing the SCUM stuff with Corino and Jay won the title off him. I wish more people would have seen them, whether that was WWE, TNA, AEW...doesn't matter. They were incredible.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am pretty sure Tony Khan has confirmed that he was not allowed to sign the Briscoes to AEW or use them on Dynamite or Rampage to build towards any of their ROH matches.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "WB is banning the Briscoes" story is a little too tin-foil conspiracy for my tastes, which leads me to believe it was sourced solely from Meltzer's ass and put out there to work easily perturbed wrestling fans.
    Seems a bit far-fetched that a major corporation would lay down such an edict for a performer who wasn't nearly the 'presence' of a subsidiary (and let's face it, niche) organization they only picked up about 5 years ago over something tweeted 10 years ago or whatever.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure Tony Khan has confirmed that he was not allowed to sign the Briscoes to AEW or use them on Dynamite or Rampage to build towards any of their ROH matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    The "WB is banning the Briscoes" story is a little too tin-foil conspiracy for my tastes, which leads me to believe it was sourced solely from Meltzer's ass and put out there to work easily perturbed wrestling fans.
    Seems a bit far-fetched that a major corporation would lay down such an edict for a performer who wasn't nearly the 'presence' of a subsidiary (and let's face it, niche) organization they only picked up about 5 years ago over something tweeted 10 years ago or whatever.
    See, the glaring issue for me is who is gassing up the Briscoes as a huge household name? Like who at WB is going "Oh yeah I remember hearing about those guys and their comments toward the LGBTQ+ community on Twitter YEARS ago!" It wasn't a national headline but it was a big deal in the wrestling community. You can even go through this thread I bet and see some pushback at the idea of the Briscoes coming over. It damn near killed Jay's career as ROH was very hesitant on even booking him. He might've been champion at the time of the comments I can't remember 100%. Again it's not like they were frowning on drag queens or making a shit joke that flopped, and sometimes that 2nd amendment can backfire.

I think wrestling fans on social media probably talked about the idea of AEW not being able to sign the Briscoes and someone was smartened up. To think, of all the shit that people have done and said that are currently signed to AEW or that have appeared and the existence of the company on national tv's deciding factor are 2 underground wrestling legends most people have never even heard of.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have tried to find the quote from Khan but again I am pretty sure I have read that he said he was not allowed to use them. They have been backstage in the past if I remember correctly early on after the ROH sale but then not used.

I can't see a world where Khan doesn't use them if he can to promote their matches with FTR so yeah not sure why Warner Media felt the need to keep them off tv when yeah all that shit happened a decade ago and not on people's radar. I had honestly forgotten about his tweet until it came up again when it was being said Khan was not allowed to sign them to AEW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried to find the quote from Khan but again I am pretty sure I have read that he said he was not allowed to use them. They have been backstage in the past if I remember correctly early on after the ROH sale but then not used.

I can't see a world where Khan doesn't use them if he can to promote their matches with FTR so yeah not sure why Warner Media felt the need to keep them off tv when yeah all that shit happened a decade ago and not on people's radar. I had honestly forgotten about his tweet until it came up again when it was being said Khan was not allowed to sign them to AEW.
    Yeah I keep finding clips of him saying he wasn't allowed, but he doesn't by who or why. Was it actually Warner Media, or is he just saying he couldn't use them to avoid the possible backlash? Because again, he did get backlash just from the possibility of them showing up not from Warner but from wrestling fans. People were ready to unload on whatever big promotion signed them including WWE.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We've all said stupid shit on the internet, in real life. I could see if he said it a month ago, but if it's a decade ago, why not re-evaluate the man.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've all said stupid shit on the internet, in real life. I could see if he said it a month ago, but if it's a decade ago, why not re-evaluate the man.
    What he said was a little beyond stupid though. Even if he was being an over the top redneck, the guy literally said he will fucking shoot you if you try to teach his kids there's nothing wrong with gay marriage. His apology was for public image purposes not just for him but ROH. He had to save face. Again, I'm a fan of the wrestling but his views didn't change because he had backlash on Twitter 10 years ago. He just learned how to navigate that shit better.

People even say oh you don't know what he did for gay wrestlers, naw what we know is that if Pat Patterson told his 3 kids gay marriage was ok, Jay wanted to fucking shoot him. It would be interesting to hear some of the LGBTQ+ wrestlers in AEW's thoughts on this, real thoughts. Ultimately I think it's more about the violence he was willing to showcase as opposed to being against the bill that was passed. That was Jamin Pugh using Jay Briscoe as an outlet and it ruined their careers. Mark isn't innocent here either.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No doubt there's truth to his comments, one of the reasons I left WrestleCade before their match, but everyone and their mother, including Jim Cornette, says he was the nicest guy to everyone he met, no matter gay, straight, black, white, etc. But I guess no one wants to bad mouth in the wake of a passing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt there's truth to his comments, one of the reasons I left WrestleCade before their match, but everyone and their mother, including Jim Cornette, says he was the nicest guy to everyone he met, no matter gay, straight, black, white, etc. But I guess no one wants to bad mouth in the wake of a passing.
    Yeah I mean I know countless people who frown on gay marriage, or homosexuality in general that are some of the nicest, giving people you'll ever meet.

They were rocking the confederate flag and shit so I mean....It's weird. A lot of us can look past that shit like I said this guy is one of my favorite ROH wrestlers, the tag-team is legendary always delivers. But those type of comments, you know if he's ballsy enough to post it he's already saying it elsewhere. The man wasn't stupid, he knew what he was doing he didn't have a million tweets this wasn't just some hot take among 200 other tweets that day.

Sad part is that I do feel like a man can change it's just that public is very hard to convince otherwise.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know the validity or specifics but I've read people saying he actually put the apology into action and did things for the LGBTQ+ community...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I don't know the validity or specifics but I've read people saying he actually put the apology into action and did things for the LGBTQ+ community...
    I'm not saying you can't atone but does that still change what was said? See, for someone like me I've gotten past it because I know how people can be and I can separate the person from the art. It's why I can still watch Chris Benoit. It's why I can still watch Stone Cold despite him smacking up 2-3 of his ex-wives. But I also can understand how someone like my daughter might take someone I'm watching on tv saying that if she were to get married to her gf, and she told Jay Briscoe's kids that was ok......Would he REALLY kill someone? Probably not. But again, this is a guy who didn't tweet very often and he went out of his way for that.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He said it was his character talking and not him, are the Briscoe characters known for having children?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said it was his character talking and not him, are the Briscoe characters known for having children?
    Yeah I guess I didn't know that was part of the gimmick and I was watching ROH religiously during this time. He was a babyface for fuck's sake lol.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of when AJ got in trouble years ago for using slurs but at least that’s old history now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Reminds me of when AJ got in trouble years ago for using slurs but at least that’s old history now.
    And people tried to bring that back up, just like they did with CM Punk when he was about to return. But I still think people will forgive you using slurs it's when you single out a group of people and say you'll fucking kill them. Like I don't remember Hulk Hogan saying he wanted to kill black people or CM Punk wanted to kill gay folks for doing something everyone else does.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Are we talking AJ Styles or AJ Lee here, and why haven't I heard this.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking AJ Styles or AJ Lee here, and why haven't I heard this.
    Styles.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh no that's not ok. Time to cancel AJ Styles

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The infamous promo was awhile back but he did reiterate his phobia in 2018 ("GAY COMMUNITY?!") which isn't really old history.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Started to watch AEW Dynamite live last night, first time ever. Thought Moxley vs. Page was rubbish, but then turned it off after that.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Started to watch AEW Dynamite live last night, first time ever.  Thought Moxley vs. Page was rubbish, but then turned it off after that.

Pretty sure Page kicked Moxley in the chest but Taz said he kicked him in the head.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright, dude.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn’t rubbish but did prefer their previous match when Mox didn’t have to bleed (I know that may sound petty and that’s his thing but was hoping after the last match he was gonna tone it down). Also being near Motley’s home town plus his father being present, the outcome was never in doubt. Finish was a bit underwhelming but I guess that was the idea for a further bigger blow-off. I hope Hangman goes over in that because he definitely needs it more.

It was great to see Takeshita pick up a win on TV and he’s getting a bit of a rub being involved in the MJF/Danielson angle with an eliminator match. Highly unlikely he’ll win that but looking forward to seeing how the match pans out.
    Last edited by Badger; February 3rd, 2023 at 9:03 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    alright, dude.
    Did you even watch the show?

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought it was rubbish because I don't like seeing blood in wrestling matches.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Moxley over does it with the blood. It is like he is making up for the fact he couldn't bleed in the WWE.

That being said I am okay with blood but be more selective about it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hangman Page is whack. When I see him on the card I groan. Moxley and his sweatpants, how many times will AEW show us how he blades himself? The guy has to be at Flair level by now why don't he just punch himself in the forehead once or twice?

But he's still the man in AEW. If it wasn't for him and MJF I wouldn't even watch. No point you can see the same type of wrestling anywhere and most of their storylines suck. I can't even get into Samoa Joe because it just feels so beneath him. Like when he went back to Ring of Honor. It would be one thing if Joe was in the main event going after Mox, MJF, Danielson. Nice to see Wardlow still matters. Jesus Christ I can't think of anyone in the last 20 years a company fumbled more than him. Luckily it's a pretty easy fix. Have him beat Joe, then unify the TNT title with the World title around May-June.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wardlow-MJF feud stands out as one of the things AEW did right. Then you go and have Wardlow lose to Joe instead of riding that momentum. Not any time soon do I see Wardlow getting the title off MJF either.

Would've liked to see a Miro/Joe team come about and run over everyone in the division, but with Joe's ability to get injured often you'd just end up with another interim tag titles situation.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TNT title hasn't meant shit since Wardlow lost it and honestly it really didn't mean shit prior to Wardlow winning it either. Wardlow made it seem important because he was on a trajectory to the top. Now it seems like AEW are scrambling to figure out what to do because I'm almost positive CM Punk's absence fucked up whatever plans Tony had pre-programmed a year ago.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd have Wardlow squash Joe, give him that momentum back he desperately needs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have Wardlow squash Joe, give him that momentum back he desperately needs.
    That would be huge. Has Joe ever been squashed in a match? He's usually the guy doing the squashing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw that Joe beat Darby in the rematch. Wow, end of an era.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when Darby Allin was interesting? I think being paired with Sting killed his momentum. It felt very WCW. Like when Sting and Vampiro were "brothers in paint"

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More like Darby Fallin'

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    More like Darby Fallin'
    pop

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darby is like a track stuck on repeat. It was fine with Sting being occasional back-up if things got rough but this hot potato with him and Joe has done both zero favours. If Joe won (which he did) it has sent Darby back to the drawing board but if Darby won, it kills Joe’s heat for Wardlow.

The way it’s turned out, where does Darby go from here and it also seems too soon for Joe to drop it right back to Wardlow.

They should have been booked away from each other. Now everyone’s booked into a corner and someone is losing out big time at the expense of another. Great going Khan.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also AEW using the “lights out” for debuts/returns and “I’m gonna make ya beat four/five people before ya get to face me when we all know it’s gonna happen anyway” and “Moxley bleeds from a papercut” should be added to the unwritten wrestling rules at this point.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least Joe got busted open the hard way. That table caught him at the right spot. Splat.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also AEW using the “lights out” for debuts/returns and “I’m gonna make ya beat four/five people before ya get to face me when we all know it’s gonna happen anyway” and “Moxley bleeds from a papercut” should be added to the unwritten wrestling rules at this point.
    Have they really done that many lights out debuts? I just remember them doing it to Satnam Singh and it was cringe and seems like they have stayed away from that. They other two things. Yeah totally. I mean it seems to work with MJF and the whole jump through hoops to get to me so might as well keep using it. But yeah tired of people looking at Moxley funny and blood shows up.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I recall them doing the lights out thing for Aleister Black, Buddy Murphy, Satnav Singh, but not sure of any others.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember after Wrestle Kingdom there was a match and after it the lights went out, everyone thought it was going to be Sasha Banks but it was just a graphic about something and the whole place booed lol. When you're that conditioned to think just because the place went dark for 2 seconds it's going to be a debut, that means they've done it too much.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I recall them doing the lights out thing for Aleister Black, Buddy Murphy, Satnav Singh, but not sure of any others.
    Black and Murphy make sense due to the whole House of Black gimmick. I remember people were underwhelmed with Singh when they did it.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I remember after Wrestle Kingdom there was a match and after it the lights went out, everyone thought it was going to be Sasha Banks but it was just a graphic about something and the whole place booed lol. When you're that conditioned to think just because the place went dark for 2 seconds it's going to be a debut, that means they've done it too much.
    I think overall yeah it has been too much. I was just thinking AEW hadn't really done it that much like other feds.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think overall yeah it has been too much. I was just thinking AEW hadn't really done it that much like other feds.
    Well you probably are thinking of feds that have more than 3 years in the game. Or maybe ECW? That was kind of their thing especially with Sabu. Or like that match at Hardcore Heaven with Lawler/Dreamer and they had 3 run ins with the blackout. WWE isn't really known for it at all.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE only seems to turn the lights off when someone vanishes from the ring, Kane/Taker/Wyatt entrances, or power outages like that IYH in 1997. Don't recall anyone debuting taht way EDIT Well shit I just rememberd my boy Braun Strowman debuted that way

And you know, I haven't seen much of WCW but I don't think I ever saw that happen there in the clips I have seen, but it might have been a Sting gimmick?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Strowman makes sense to debut that way since he was party of the Wyatt family when he started.

Trying to think about WCW. I don't really remember them doing it either. Even when Sting went to crow sting they just showed him up in the rafters and shit. What may have gotten done a little too much between WCW and AEW is Sting wearing a Sting mask and surprising people. lol But honesty I don't mind that. Always seems funny to me.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have they really done that many lights out debuts? I just remember them doing it to Satnam Singh and it was cringe and seems like they have stayed away from that. They other two things. Yeah totally. I mean it seems to work with MJF and the whole jump through hoops to get to me so might as well keep using it. But yeah tired of people looking at Moxley funny and blood shows up.
    They also did the “lights out” when the Pinnacle was formed and beat up the Inner Circle although didn’t mind that as it was a cool twist. When it was Singh it was indeed very meh.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it would've been meh any way they did it cause it came after joe and minoru suzuki just got done beating the fuck outta each other in the main event. to go from that to this big, lumbering dude who moves only a little bit better than the great khali doing a fuckin head squeeze is awful with or without the lights out moment.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strowman makes sense to debut that way since he was party of the Wyatt family when he started.

Trying to think about WCW. I don't really remember them doing it either. Even when Sting went to crow sting they just showed him up in the rafters and shit. What may have gotten done a little too much between WCW and AEW is Sting wearing a Sting mask and surprising people. lol But honesty I don't mind that. Always seems funny to me.
    Kevin Nash as fake Sting was pretty hilarious.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I think I remember that one too.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for it on YouTube to refresh my memory and found one where Hogan dressed up as Sting to attack Piper. Forgot about that too.

Also the first Sting Army segment was great. Especially Buff taking a shot, posing like the ass he is and was like “Oh shit!”

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not sure contract lengths and all, but I think a load of AEW talent signed 3 year deals, and I guess that time frame is up soon. I see guys like Jericho and Ambrose and MJF staying in AEW, but hopefully guys like Miro, Aleister Black, and Matt Hardy find their way back to WWE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miro is a contender for most under used guy on the AEW roster.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not sure Miro would be any better off over in WWE. I hate how he has been used in AEW.

I think Black is better off in AEW for now even though I am sure he would like to be working in the same company as his wife.

I think Hardy is fine where he is. What is WWE going to do with him?

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Broken Matt would fit in well with Wyatt/Uncle Howdy/Alexa Bliss

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardy should retire in the WWE but who knows. They offered a backstage role, not sure if it was for WWE, NXT, or the PC. I think he has always had a great mind for the business. People thought he was going to be a Jim Neidhart post-Hardyz but I found that while Jeff has been able to make that one note work better than most, Matt has had some very interesting and game changing characters. V1, Broken Matt, he's proven on his own he can make it as long as he's not just "Matt from the Hardy Boyz!" That doesn't work very well. Imagine him coming back and stealing Beth Phoenix from Edge. Maybe a little tonedeaf in the grand scheme of things with her being wife #3/4 but hey...

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Hardy should retire in the WWE but who knows. They offered a backstage role, not sure if it was for WWE, NXT, or the PC. I think he has always had a great mind for the business. People thought he was going to be a Jim Neidhart post-Hardyz but I found that while Jeff has been able to make that one note work better than most, Matt has had some very interesting and game changing characters. V1, Broken Matt, he's proven on his own he can make it as long as he's not just "Matt from the Hardy Boyz!" That doesn't work very well. Imagine him coming back and stealing Beth Phoenix from Edge. Maybe a little tonedeaf in the grand scheme of things with her being wife #3/4 but hey...
    Edge vs. Matt in a loser has to retire match, and they both get counted out so they both have to retire?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge vs. Matt in a loser has to retire match, and they both get counted out so they both have to retire?
    lol I was never super high on Edge so I might agree with this.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure Miro would be any better off over in WWE. I hate how he has been used in AEW.

I think Black is better off in AEW for now even though I am sure he would like to be working in the same company as his wife.

I think Miro would be better off in the current WWE. Trips loved that guy.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Homely Man View Post
    I think Miro would be better off in the current WWE. Trips loved that guy.
    Good point. Trips was a fan so maybe better shot of him being used well.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So what the fuck was the MJF promo and what the fuck was that tag title change.?

There was like no heat for that title swap. The crowd just looked stunned and like WTF. Like no real reaction.

I like the Gunns and they are getting better but yeah not ready for a title reign in my view.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So what the fuck was the MJF promo and what the fuck was that tag title change.?

There was like no heat for that title swap. The crowd just looked stunned and like WTF. Like no real reaction.

I like the Gunns and they are getting better but yeah not ready for a title reign in my view.
    I read something about the Acclaimed having beaten every tag team, and that things would be more exciting if they were chasing for the titles.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They really haven't beaten everyone though. They are other teams to do programs with. A team from the House of Black or Best Friends or Top Flight. I don't disagree with the logic that sometimes the chase is better but they still had teams to work with. The Gunns are not ready for a title run unless FTR all the sudden decide to resign with AEW instead of doing the indies and come back and take the belts from the Gunns.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw the Gunns wrestle one match, I believe it was a trio tag match, forget who they teamed with vs. CM Punk and FTR and I remember the Gunns looking sloppy as hell, so I trust you in that they aren't ready for a title run, but I imagine Billy Gunn has a big influence on how things play out?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is how exactly how I feel about the Acclaimed as well. They rarely ever wrestle on tv and when they did, who did they beat? A bunch of jabronis for the most part. They beat Swerve/Lee, wow. I know they beat FTR I just can't remember if it was clean or what but we all know how AEW feels about FTR.

The story is carrying all of this and personally I think it's dragged ass (no pun intended) for way too long. It was funny at first, now you have 10 year olds thinking they want a grown man to scissor them for their birthday....

Ass Boys winning...lame. Neither team should be champs, and if they are why the long reign? I don't know if the majority wanted Acclaimed to be the champs over the likes of FTR but I think even less wanted the Ass Boys and their stupid tats.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least the one positive is they are actual tag teams winning, not someone I would throw together in 2K for a random match to win. The crowd looked dead at the end, and what a flat way to end the show. That's all I saw was the last five or so minutes but it was chaos. And then you get Acclaimed's music playing to send the fans home.... happy? This felt more like a house show title change.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am fine with the Acclaimed being champs. They grew on me and they got over. But yeah they didn't exactly beat a lot of good teams on the way there. They just got over and AEW went with it. Can't blame them even if I was pushing for FTR.

That being said I think we all agree they missed the boat with FTR and by the time they thought about having them win the belts they had gone with the hot hand in the Acclaimed. Acclaimed beat FTR clean. And shortly after that FTR also lost to the Gunns and then dropped all of their titles.

Yeah I agree that the story carrying this dragged along and it was cool at first but meh lately. Acclaimed should have gone over if you are not having Billy turn on them and side with the sons. Even then I am not sure that gives enough heat to the Gunn's. Acclaimed should have actually gotten a program with a decent established team but yeah never got that really.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's wild to me that FTR have been there, what 3 years? and only held the tag titles once and only for a couple of months.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    yeah they dropped the ball with them after they ended up with the ROH, IWGP, and AAA tag titles. They should have won the AEW titles.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think they're Triple H guys so I hope they end up back in WWE and have a meaninful run. It would be nice to see FTR vs. DIY on the main stage.