User Tag List

Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That made sense to me with All In as that was like a stand alone show. Now they have a brand/company name (AEW) and they have people apparently signing contracts. That would've lead me to assume there was going to be shows being taped or something.

Or course its still very early, so maybe I'm looking too far ahead here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That was pretty damn promising for a press conference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    That was pretty damn promising for a press conference.

No, not really

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    That made sense to me with All In as that was like a stand alone show. Now they have a brand/company name (AEW) and they have people apparently signing contracts. That would've lead me to assume there was going to be shows being taped or something.

Or course its still very early, so maybe I'm looking too far ahead here.
    It would seem like a pretty substantial misfire if the big news coming out of Double or Nothing isn't an announcement of a TV deal. If for whatever reason it wasn't then, I would assume they would have announced that today or in the very immediate future. It's not like you just announce a TV deal and you all of the sudden pop up on that network...at least if it's a legit network.

I imagine the next episode or two of BTE will focus on Omega and his eventual signing, recapping the pep rally and then you spend the next 3-4 months building their segments on the show to build their card for the PPV (and probably announce incentives, benefits, or perks as open/public negotiations for prospective signees). It's basically a scaled down version of what WWE does.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Did they say there was going to be a big announcement at Double or Nothing?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I went to all in because it was such a big deal and within driving distance.

Thinking I'll be making a trip to Vegas in May now.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's total hearsay but there is talk that a WWE main event guy is interested in AEW.

So let's have some fun. Who do you think it could be?

My first thought is Finn, his main roster run has been fairly forgettable. I could see him being fairly unhappy in WWE and a promotion essentially run by wrestlers (and friends) could be a place he would wanna be. The rumors of gallows and Anderson being interested would only add to this.

I guess AJ would be an obvious choice but I don't know how he could be all that unhappy with WWE.

I think Shinsuke's contract is up before long but I see him going back to NJPW. I don't think I see him doing the AEW thing if he leaves WWE.

I know it's all rumors and I'm sure some of you are rolling your eyes at this post but fuck it. I enjoy thinking about it.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very exciting.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also a nice touch to announce that a large portion of the gate for their Jacksonville show would go to benefit victims of gun violence. That's a nice sense of the market they're in, considering the tragic shooting back in September.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    AJ redid his contract and Finn maybe the odds on favorite to win the RR. Safe bet is Shin. His contract his up, he has no title and is really beneath his stature on Smackdown. Outside shots could be Braun, Bayley, Sasha or even Daniel Bryan. I am really excited about this project. The fact they have Jericho signing up on CNN's main page is nuts. Congratulations to Brandi for making this feel important as opposed to Global Wrestling sending in a LinkedIn Request.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    AJ redid his contract and Finn maybe the odds on favorite to win the RR. Safe bet is Shin. His contract his up, he has no title and is really beneath his stature on Smackdown. Outside shots could be Braun, Bayley, Sasha or even Daniel Bryan. I am really excited about this project. The fact they have Jericho signing up on CNN's main page is nuts. Congratulations to Brandi for making this feel important as opposed to Global Wrestling sending in a LinkedIn Request.
    Bryan just signed a new deal though didn't he?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordo View Post
    Bryan just signed a new deal though didn't he?
    I thought so, but I also thought it was just for a few months. Again, I said Danei was a very outside shot. Shin is probably the odds on favorite, I can see Ziggler being another option.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bryan will likely be in WWE for years. I think Shinsuke will probably go back to New Japan at some point. Chad Gable should go to AEW when his contract is up. That guy is underutilized.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is this the beginning of the downfall of WWE or do you see WWE stepping up their game like vs WCW? Or will AEW just be another TNA?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE need to give Chad a proper singles push now. American Alpha was good but the team with Roode is so crap. Same outfits yes but they are still oh soooo bland and they don't even have a team name.

Heel Roode and face Chad singles push for them both IMO. Together they are shite but individually they could do well.

Also Bryan should stay where he is. His current heel run is very refreshing.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it might be Orton.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    I wonder if it might be Orton.
    That's a really fun idea.

I'm a bit of an Orton mark myself so I may be biased but I'd fucking love it. Orton is always at his best when he's motivated or having fun it seems. AEW would probably be a great place for that and my God the matchup potential. Orton vs Okada has been a dream match of mine for a while and Orton in AEW would be on step closer to that.

However, I just don't see it. He's a half step above being a legit part time guy now. AEW appears to be paying something comparable to WWE but I didn't take that as comparable to what top level wwe guys are making. He has a relaxed schedule and also appears to be enjoying himself when he is on TV. He's working with the best WWE has to offer currently.

I'd love it. Absolutely love it and something about Orton's character irl (podcast interviews and twitter) seems to fit with the idea of jumping to AEW but ya, I don't see it.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Is this the beginning of the downfall of WWE or do you see WWE stepping up their game like vs WCW? Or will AEW just be another TNA?
    I absolutely do not see this as the downfall of WWE, I also don't think that's what AEW wants to be. Kenny in particular has talked a lot about wanting the wrestling community to work together. He doesn't like the idea that for some stupid reason the elite couldn't fight because one was WWE and the others weren't. It's not good for the wrestlers and it's not the best for wrestling as a whole.

Also we've seen time and time again when Wwe's feet are put to the fire they can turn it on and be everything we love about wrestling.

I think WWE turns it on now, I think we are already seeing it. I don't think AEW is the main reason for the recent "shake up" but I do think they're part of it. I think the revivals recent push and the Finn rumors are partly because of AEW. They've known about AEW for a while now. On top of it this huge fox deal is also a massive amount of pressure. Sure it's awesome for wwe to have the exposure but if smackdown flops it's fucking terrible for WWE.

I don't want to make any predictions but I think WWE will be fine. I also think AEW will be fine. High tide raises all ships.

The RIP WWE shit is stupid.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE are the COKE of wrestling. The Mcdonalds. The Wal-Mart.

Doesn't mean there can't be a Mt. Dew or a Burger King but c'mahn.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Joe? Possibly see him jumping ship...

I'm quite excited about this AEW, really got a good feeling about this one, hope it does well. Let's be honest WWE needs a competitor and this could actually be....IT.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good brothers, nak and almas i can see jumping ship when there contracts are up

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Some quotes from Tony Khan

"Tony Khan was interviewed after the AEW rally and said wrestling was always his hobby after work, but now the stars aligned for him to get involved in the business."

"According to our onsite correspondent, Tony Khan also said during a press interview that healthcare for AEW is something they hope to iron out soon. The hope is for employees to gain full-time employment with their company."

""And also favorable schedules, and I don't wanna run down guys with too many dates or too much time on the road," Khan continued. "I feel really positive about what we're doing in terms of taking care of the guys. We have great management and the guys we're focusing it on, Cody and the Bucks, they are very, very hands on with the talent. And I'm sure, for us, the kind of people we're bringing in, they're gonna contribute to the company in a number of ways. And I think that, yeah, there is a package, a competition package and healthcare package that could be available."
    All sounds quite positive.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WWE really made a mistake going to Saudi Arabia. Any left leaning wrestler not happy with their push who can earn the same money without having to perform for that setup are likely to consider AEW as an option. Not that I expect that to be a load of guys, but certainly the ones that are publically LGBTQ-conscious (Zayn, Balor?) would consider it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kind of funny you call your promotion All Elite when you have a mid carder as an executive and Billy Gunn as a fucking producer.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Healthcare and full-time employees (I'm taking that as instead of contractors), brilliant. Drag Vince's heels over hot coals, loudly, for the heartless shit they've pulled on that nonsense for years now.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Has Jericho ever said how Vince feels about him working the indies?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    The WWE really made a mistake going to Saudi Arabia. Any left leaning wrestler not happy with their push who can earn the same money without having to perform for that setup are likely to consider AEW as an option. Not that I expect that to be a load of guys, but certainly the ones that are publically LGBTQ-conscious (Zayn, Balor?) would consider it.
    Balor or Zayn leaving wouldn't convince them to stop serving lemonade in the canteen, yet alone not go to Saudi Arabia.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they lose talent, talent with big social media presence, and AEW proceed with the big push on health insurance, recognising talent as employees and equality within the work place, their voice can certainly reach significant media outlets and start spinning the wheels in changing this "independent contractor" status.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Who are WWE guys who should be no brainers to go, in terms of their career benefit I mean? Gable for sure. I’d say Cesaro too. Zayn maybe, depending on the money. What he makes in merch might make it hard for aew to attract him, I dunno. They push balor enough that I don’t think it’s a no brainer for him.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm worried about the guaranteed high paying contracts a bit WCW style but if this mean the lower card are paid better that is awesome. I guess they will know when they are searching for talent they will know which ones will just coast or who cares about the business.

Becky looking at a 2 million contract if she jumps with the equal pay for men/women though.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of funny you call your promotion All Elite when you have a mid carder as an executive and Billy Gunn as a fucking producer.
    Almost all the producers in WWE are midcard guys. Or even straight up low card dudes.

You're being silly.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Becky would sell $2 million dollar in merchandise in about three months if not sooner. The biggest problem WCW had was giving high contracts to people like Rick Rude and the Million Dollar Man who couldn't really wrestle anymore. They didn't improve the product and it was only done to steal anyone who worked with WWF at the time to kill Vince's roster. I don't see AEW giving contracts to Alicia Fox like they would for Becky or Sasha or Bayley. They know who the workers are and who have enough charisma or at least brains on how to make themselves money. The people who are going to jump are still going to wrestle. Shin/Jericho or Finn/Omega is enough for me to tune in. I do think if they are going after the women, I would look at Vyper and few other Mae Young women who didn't get contracts for some weird reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost all the producers in WWE are midcard guys. Or even straight up low card dudes.

You're being silly.
    I love Dusty and I love Ric, but they were shit bookers same goes for Nash, but I don't love him.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dusty Rhodes was a shit booker?

Pass me the fucking Gin.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Are we thinking of the same bloke here lotjx?

Bit pudgy, blonde hair and partial to double denim?

Oh, and not in any way shit?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give you credit. You are more than likely the only person on the planet who would make that correlation. Why is AEW special? What did I miss?

And let's be honest.....Sure a guy like Chris Jericho can be part of this, sure a guy like Neville, Cody, Bucks, all who are set for the rest of the lives. But we've heard this in the MMA world with so many promotions like Affliction. Or how about when Mark Cuban was trying to help out Ring of Honor? This shit is not something you can't immediately promise WWE level pay and everything they don't offer (light schedule, health benefits-which he did point out it depends on the contract).

But I don't see how WWE going to Saudi Arabia means a damn when it comes to AEW.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It means a damn because a number of the wrestlers were vocally unhappy about them going to Saudi Arabia and more or less promoting state sponsored propaganda in an incredibly volatile political time.

WWE is historically right leaning and republican, and have their attachements to Trump.

Some will not like that and see a more left leaning AEW with healthcare and insurance as a viable alternative if the money is right.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Dusty didn't always have the best rep though, right? The 'Dusty finish' comes to mind, but I'm not sure when he was actually booking. And, of course, other bookers would use the old 'Dusty finish', so.

Small part of the job, of course.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dusty was a big picture and idea making genius as a booker. He just wasn’t capable of overseeing a national expansion. In his defense, neither was anyone else not named Vince McMahon.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    But I don't see how WWE going to Saudi Arabia means a damn when it comes to AEW.
    Really?

It's one thing swallowing your pride and going along with your employers acceptance to work as a propaganda arm for a homophobic, female controlling, religious nutcase, undemocratic, theocratic nightmarescape if there's a chance that what they're telling the world is true, that they're acting as an agent of change, attempting to help reform from within.

But when that's shown to be lies, their influence continuing to devastating effect in the displacement and killing of countless people, along with the officially sanctioned murder of an American resident and journalist, that could prove too big of a pill to swallow.

People make decisions based on their personal politics alll of the time. With another organisation there to work for, with what seems like, potentially, only a small reduction in pay, that makes taking a stand on such things an easier decision to make.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Really?

It's one thing swallowing your pride and going along with your employers acceptance to work as a propaganda arm for a homophobic, female controlling, religious nutcase, undemocratic, theocratic nightmarescape if there's a chance that what they're telling the world is true, that they're acting as an agent of change, attempting to help reform from within.

But when that's shown to be lies, their influence continuing to devastating effect in the displacement and killing of countless people, along with the officially sanctioned murder of an American resident and journalist, that could prove too big of a pill to swallow.

People make decisions based on their personal politics alll of the time. With another organisation there to work for, with what seems like, potentially, only a small reduction in pay, that makes taking a stand on such things an easier decision to make.
    BUT WHY IS ALL ELITE WRESTLING SPECIAL WHEN IT COMES TO WWE GOING TO SAUDI ARABIA?

WHAT ABOUT RING OF HONOR, NEW JAPAN, 3XW HERE IN DES MOINES, IA????

Homeboy came in to a thread about AEW and starts talking about how WWE going to Saudi Arabia is a good thing for AEW.

I mean, last I checked Pakistan and Saudi Arabia were pretty tight and AEW is owned by a Pakistani-American so I don't get the correlation other than "No fucking shit if they don't like the WWE they can go somewhere else" lol.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW is actually paying enough to be a viable alternative. That’s the difference. It’s easier to make a moral stand when it won’t hurt your family.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nash, don't be an idiot. That last sentence is possibly the worst thing I've seen on the forum for a long time. What a stupid thing to say.

The correlation is quite clear to anybody with their wits about them - the WWE, by virtue of going to Saudi Arabia, will have alienated their left leaning talent based on the stone-age treatment of homosexuals and women in that country. Relevant because some talent refused to go, some were openly sceptical, and the women weren't even allowed. Now this new promotion, that unlike ROH, NJPW etc, has set out clear left leaning political views during their press conference (gate donated to gun violence, specifically mentioning the company is for everybody, equal pay, health insurance), and can offer comparative rates of compensation. The WWE made a statement by continuing to go to Saudi Arabia - money means more than making a stand against a monstrous regime. Some people don't like that, and if there is an alternative that doesn't have those beliefs, they'd wish to seek them.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Has Jericho ever said how Vince feels about him working the indies?
    As I recall, before he worked his program with Omega in Japan, he basically said that he called Vince about it and told him this was something he wanted to do, he'd knew never have a chance to perform at that headline level but because he knew everyone thought of him as a WWE guy, out of respect to Vince, he wouldn't do it if Vince objected. Vince was all for it and wished him well. But Jericho also made comments about feeling it was okay to work in Japan since it wasn't really competing with Vince - Jericho has gone on record and made it clear in so many ways how much he respects and likes Vince - so it wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that Vince wished him well with AEW as well. Jericho does have a great mind for the business, he is very creative, and I am very intrigued. I guess it means the next Fozzy tour will be on hold.

Three other thoughts -

1. If AEW is looking for a big name who is through with WWE, I wonder if they have reached out to CM Punk/AJ Lee, or if they would even take their call.

2. Since Khan is bankrolling this, he has to be looking at the huge TV deal payday that WWE got from Fox and hoping to recoup some of his investment. Fact is, live TV still brings in viewers more than anything else - new content matters. But does that necessarily mean a weekly show?

3. What does it mean that wins and losses will actually matter?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They'll probably bring back a ranking system. A win will move you up towards a title shot or something. Which is actually the one thing I actually like about this AEW. You're obviously in the game to win championships and money, so why settle for a meaningless feud. Apollo Crews can win every week against Jobber #1 but it means nothing in the long run. I wish they had that shit. "Apollo Crews beats Jinder Mahal, he is now one step closer to being in contention for the Intercontinental Title"

I like Apollo Crews.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW is actually paying enough to be a viable alternative. That’s the difference. It’s easier to make a moral stand when it won’t hurt your family.
    Yeah but one has to think they're not just going to open the checkbook Ted Turner style and make that same mistake WCW and others have made when someone with fat pockets claims they're in it for the long haul.

Nash, don't be an idiot. That last sentence is possibly the worst thing I've seen on the forum for a long time. What a stupid thing to say.

The correlation is quite clear to anybody with their wits about them - the WWE, by virtue of going to Saudi Arabia, will have alienated their left leaning talent based on the stone-age treatment of homosexuals and women in that country. Relevant because some talent refused to go, some were openly sceptical, and the women weren't even allowed. Now this new promotion, that unlike ROH, NJPW etc, has set out clear left leaning political views during their press conference (gate donated to gun violence, specifically mentioning the company is for everybody, equal pay, health insurance), and can offer comparative rates of compensation. The WWE made a statement by continuing to go to Saudi Arabia - money means more than making a stand against a monstrous regime. Some people don't like that, and if there is an alternative that doesn't have those beliefs, they'd wish to seek them.
    Some of the shit they were talking about made me raise the people's eyebrow i.e. equal pay. So you're going to honestly try to convince me that no matter the drawing power, no matter the experience, everyone is going to make the same amount of money?

I think you're reading a little too deep into the Saudi Arabia thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    As I recall, before he worked his program with Omega in Japan, he basically said that he called Vince about it and told him this was something he wanted to do, he'd knew never have a chance to perform at that headline level but because he knew everyone thought of him as a WWE guy, out of respect to Vince, he wouldn't do it if Vince objected. Vince was all for it and wished him well. But Jericho also made comments about feeling it was okay to work in Japan since it wasn't really competing with Vince - Jericho has gone on record and made it clear in so many ways how much he respects and likes Vince - so it wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that Vince wished him well with AEW as well. Jericho does have a great mind for the business, he is very creative, and I am very intrigued. I guess it means the next Fozzy tour will be on hold.

Three other thoughts -

1. If AEW is looking for a big name who is through with WWE, I wonder if they have reached out to CM Punk/AJ Lee, or if they would even take their call.

2. Since Khan is bankrolling this, he has to be looking at the huge TV deal payday that WWE got from Fox and hoping to recoup some of his investment. Fact is, live TV still brings in viewers more than anything else - new content matters. But does that necessarily mean a weekly show?

3. What does it mean that wins and losses will actually matter?
    With a small enough roster you could manage wins/losses more shoot-style than you could with a roster like WWE. Even then you could still do it but the time it would take to maintain a reason to do such a thing would be tasking.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didn’t say everyone would make the same. They said men and women would be making the same. Assumedly based on that drawing power and earning potential.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didn’t say everyone would make the same. They said men and women would be making the same. Assumedly based on that drawing power and earning potential.
    lol. "They didn't say everyone, just men and women" Who are we missing? I get it. 2019, a million different labels people are giving themselves but I think it was pretty odd for them to make that statement considering none of the women they have so far are even as well known as Hangman Page.

Imagine Kenny Omega and Brandi Rhodes making the same exact money. Mind blowing.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk and one of if not both of the bucks are close friends. I remember them mentioning that they talked weekly, and punk was at the All In press conference.

It's possible

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. "They didn't say everyone, just men and women" Who are we missing? I get it. 2019, a million different labels people are giving themselves but I think it was pretty odd for them to make that statement considering none of the women they have so far are even as well known as Hangman Page.

Imagine Kenny Omega and Brandi Rhodes making the same exact money. Mind blowing.
    Well Brandi is an executive with the company, but I doubt that’s what you meant.

Nobody is saying that Britt Baker and Chris Jericho will get paid the same. Wage equality is equal pay for equal value. Ronda Rousey should be able to make the same as Brock Lesnar. A female midcarder should make mid card money, instead of a pittance.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Brandi is an executive with the company, but I doubt that’s what you meant.

Nobody is saying that Britt Baker and Chris Jericho will get paid the same. Wage equality is equal pay for equal value. Ronda Rousey should be able to make the same as Brock Lesnar. A female midcarder should make mid card money, instead of a pittance.
    Who decides that though? How can an upstart company without any history sign Viper and Kenny Omega and truly determine which one is more beneficial toward the growth of AEW?

I just think some of the stuff they were saying was a little over the top. Like I said to Fanny Batter, we've heard this a lot in MMA where new companies try to put out there that they're going to do everything better than the UFC. We've seen it with wrestling as well.

Regardless....I'm super fucking exciting for what is going down. When you have Conrad fucking Thompson at your press conference you know shit is getting real. I am curious to see how Chris Jericho fits into this. Is he a staple of the roster? Is he JUST a wrestler or does he have any creative input? And what kind of wrestling company are we going to see....Storyline driven ala WWE or more pro wrestling oriented like New Japan?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That Scorpio Sky (what a dumb name) guy has the same birthday as me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should hire Damien Sandow.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no doubt at all that Jericho will have creative input on his own storylines. And with Jericho, there will be without a doubt a story being told - I can't think of another guy today (maybe Owens or the Miz are close) who understands better than Jericho that matches are more satisfying when the crowd has a reason to watch them perform. It doesn't have to be for revenge or for ranking for title shot, even a simple "I'm better than you!" goes a long way.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure Jericho's point of view is that match quality really won't matter if the characters/personalities aren't up to snuff.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sound a bit bitter there Donald

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Does All Elite Wrestling sound like a global brand name? Sounds like an old e-fed I belonged to back in 1999.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrandolph1985 View Post
    Does All Elite Wrestling sound like a global brand name? Sounds like an old e-fed I belonged to back in 1999.
    Yes. It's wrestling, no name is going to stand out as a "global brand name" without it sounding corny to non-wrestling fans. As wrestling fans, All Elite Wrestling is no less corny than World Wrestling Entertainment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Jericho being apart of it, I will definitely want to watch it. He will probably get a better shake than with Vince at this point. Would love to see Chris Daniels vs Jericho.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I mean when you're in a circle jerk with Cody, Jacksons, Kenny Omego you're gonna get a lot of shakes.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after a long break from watching wrestling and being sick of the WWE product this has me pretty excited to see how it turns out.

I'm unaware of WWE contract length or anything currently but could any of the following be possibilities?

Bray Wyatt
    Kevin Owens
    Luke Harper
    Aiden English

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Dusty Rhodes was a shit booker?

Pass me the fucking Gin.
    Dusty was one of the best bookers for about two years in JCP and then was such a shit booker he killed the territory. When he came back to WCW after the WWF run he was basically solid whenever he had the book.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of people just think of the positives they've heard about Dusty Rhodes with NXT they just assume that he must have been the man forever when he had the book. Not true. He was just about as good and bad as anyone else that gets propped up or shit on. Like, I don't think Dusty Rhodes is a better booker than Vince Russo and vice versa. They did shit I liked, did more I didn't lol.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampo View Post
    after a long break from watching wrestling and being sick of the WWE product this has me pretty excited to see how it turns out.

I'm unaware of WWE contract length or anything currently but could any of the following be possibilities?

Bray Wyatt
    Kevin Owens
    Luke Harper
    Aiden English
    The others I'm not sure of but recently Meltzer stated that Owens was under contract for years to come.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a quick Google for wwe contracts expiring this year. Here is the list I found. The ones listed as later probably just signed recently.

Mauro Ranallo: June 2019
    Kevin Owens: April 2023 (minimum; signed 5-year deal in 2018)
    Paige: 2019
    Big Show: Spring 2021
    Mandy Rose: Late 2020
    Jim Ross: March 2019
    The Miz: 2022
    Stephanie McMahon - October 7, 2019 (as on-screen talent)
    Mojo Rawley- 2020
    Rey Mysterio- October 2020 (out clause after 18 months)
    The Good Brothers- September 2019
    Shinsuke Nakamura- 2019
    AJ Styles- April 2019

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mauro, the good Brothers, Nak and AJ would all fit.

Had no idea AJ was coming up on the end of his deal

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who would you have as play by play and colour for AEW?

I know everyone hates him, but I've always enjoyed Matt Stryker's work

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Has Tony Schiavone's work in MLW been any good?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post

Callis is almost surely involved. He mentioned in a podcast recently that he was going to be calling some stuff for another project.

Callis and Ranallo would be a pretty fucking good pairing. Hard saying if Ranallo would leave WWE though. He's an NXT announcer but he does seem to enjoy it. Could just be more how much he loves nxt's product though.

People are pretty high on that Excalibur fellow but I think he's ROH.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    There's no way Styles leaves. He has been that one TNA guy that WWE has treated relatively well over the last few years.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excalibur's PWG. He's one of the founders and current co-owner. So he will absolutely be available if they're going to have PWG connections like stated. Personally, I like his style for PWG. Not really sure how it would translate here.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you could argue AJ Styles has been treated better than he was in NJPW at this point. Two World title reigns, one of them being over a year long. Three high profile WrestleMania matches, the last one being a defense of the WWE TItle. I would assume a pretty high Win/Loss ratio. On top of that, seemingly complete freedom to do as he pleases.

So yeah, I see little reason AJ leaves for AEW any time soon.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless they're magically wooed by the quasi push they're getting now, I imagine The Revival are a team primed to go to AEW.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the question: do the Bucks ever win the tag belts?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrandolph1985 View Post
    There's no way Styles leaves. He has been that one TNA guy that WWE has treated relatively well over the last few years.
    Great bargaining position now. He should be able to leverage pretty much whatever he wants now from Vince.

Imagine if he went to AEW. Game changer. The other interesting one here is Punk. Could he be tempted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this will be a controversial decision-- but I'd like to see Conrad Thompson incorporated into the commentary booth-- maybe as the "third man" who plugs the product & social media, talks about it from a different perspective.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As opposed to the main event calibre of producers the WWE have in Road Dogg and Billy Kidman.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Did a quick Google for wwe contracts expiring this year. Here is the list I found. The ones listed as later probably just signed recently.

Mauro Ranallo: June 2019
    Kevin Owens: April 2023 (minimum; signed 5-year deal in 2018)
    Paige: 2019
    Big Show: Spring 2021
    Mandy Rose: Late 2020
    Jim Ross: March 2019
    The Miz: 2022
    Stephanie McMahon - October 7, 2019 (as on-screen talent)
    Mojo Rawley- 2020
    Rey Mysterio- October 2020 (out clause after 18 months)
    The Good Brothers- September 2019
    Shinsuke Nakamura- 2019
    AJ Styles- April 2019
    Let me tell you for free that there is zero chance AJ Styles' contract runs out in April. If this is the type of thing wrestling fans believe then I'm going to start a subscription service.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy that was up there with Conrad, Alex Marvez, is a writer in Florida and apparently he might be involved in some form or fashion with commentary. Maybe a backstage interviewer or something. I would imagine JR is going to be a potential candidate.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me tell you for free that there is zero chance AJ Styles' contract runs out in April. If this is the type of thing wrestling fans believe then I'm going to start a subscription service.
    I'm curious how you're so sure

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd think he feels appreciated with what WWE have given him, with the title runs, cover star of the video game, etc. If those kind of things didn't matter to him, he'd still be at New Japan.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just based on stuff I've seen from him with interviews or even WWE-produced items, family and time with them are important and becoming more important. The easy angle to come to a solution is a reduced schedule for Styles.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince loves AJ, and AJ has gone on record and discussed his strong relationship with the McMahon's. AJ is primed to be pushed into an executive/backstage role once he retires from wrestling. There is no way he leaves for an up-and-coming company when he has everything waiting for him currently.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I'm curious how you're so sure
    Because he's one of the most pushed superstars, they made him the face of a show for a year, their biggest wrestling documentary of recent months was about him, he's about to be in a WWE title match at a big 4 PPV, and he's in a big angle with Vince McMahon right now. If they had any fear his contract would be up around Wrestlemania then they wouldn't be doing any of that let alone all of it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People think any affiliation whatsoever with the Bullet Club and the Bucks=potential AEW talent. I get it. AJ Styles isn't going anywhere though imo. S

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because he's one of the most pushed superstars, they made him the face of a show for a year, their biggest wrestling documentary of recent months was about him, he's about to be in a WWE title match at a big 4 PPV, and he's in a big angle with Vince McMahon right now. If they had any fear his contract would be up around Wrestlemania then they wouldn't be doing any of that let alone all of it.
    I mean all of that is true but his contract could still be up after mania. Punk cut the pipe bomb promo right before his contract was up and they still werent sure he was gonna sign. WWE brought Daniel Bryan back right before his contract was up and started his return push.

I'm not saying he's definitely going to leave, or even probably. But his position on the card/push does not mean his contract isn't up then. They could very easily wrap everything up at mania if he was leaving.
    Last edited by Jordo; January 10th, 2019 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I mean all of that is true but his contract could still be up after mania. Punk cut the pipe bomb promo right before his contract was up and they still werent sure he was gonna sign. WWE brought Daniel Bryan back right before his contract was up and started his return push.

I'm not saying he's definitely going to leave, or even probably. But his position on the card/push does not mean his contract isn't up then. They could very easily wrap everything up at mania if he was leaving.
    AJ Styles is the single biggest rub that could leave WWE and go to AEW. If they could hand pick one WWE superstar it would be AJ Styles. He's the darling of the community AEW are targeting.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but is Brandi Rhodes' title the same as Stephanie McMahon's? Chief Branding Officer?

I'll say this..I think she is one of the most beautiful women in wrestling today but she's right up there in the cringe factor with Reby Sky for me. When she said something like "I wanted my title to be Chief BRANDI officer" what the fuck??

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was just having a little fun.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you follow her on social media at all the last 3 years or so? It's not just the one moment I mentioned, that was just the most recent example.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where the fuck do i sign up

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corny as fuck lol

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you follow her on social media at all the last 3 years or so? It's not just the one moment I mentioned, that was just the most recent example.
    I don't follow anyone on social media, I am not on social media myself. I don't even have a smartphone, I have a dumb flip phone.

I barely remember Brandi when she was in the WWE, I am aware that she and Cody got married and she was able to call herself Brandi Rhodes, since she was not called that when she was in the WWE.

When I hear titles like "Chief Brand Officer" I am reminded of the Cheers episode when Woody became a "Senior Bartender"

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't follow anyone on social media, I am not on social media myself. I don't even have a smartphone, I have a dumb flip phone.

I barely remember Brandi when she was in the WWE, I am aware that she and Cody got married and she was able to call herself Brandi Rhodes, since she was not called that when she was in the WWE.

When I hear titles like "Chief Brand Officer" I am reminded of the Cheers episode when Woody became a "Senior Bartender"
    She's kind of a "foot in mouth" type personality and when they left the WWE she was absolutely ridiculous about it, acting like she was Trish Stratus-level and Cody was the biggest draw in the company.

lol @ Cheers reference.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe they can get Goldust. That should put asses in seats .

- - - Updated - - -

#seatstoasses

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donald is antidefrost

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but is Brandi Rhodes' title the same as Stephanie McMahon's? Chief Branding Officer?

I'll say this..I think she is one of the most beautiful women in wrestling today but she's right up there in the cringe factor with Reby Sky for me. When she said something like "I wanted my title to be Chief BRANDI officer" what the fuck??
    Maybe harsh here, but did she get this job so they could get Cody to sign?

Does she have the qualifications?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post

Not sure they needed to ‘get Cody to sign’ for this company he seems to have been heavily involved in from conception.

If anything like that it would probably be more likely she got the job because he already was Vice President or whatever his role technically is and so gets to make such appointments.

Not sure what qualifications she needs for it though aside from the relatively extensive industry experience she has. Probably not too many unemployed Chief Brand Officers out there with extensive wrestling industry experience.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/wre...i-officer.html

Looks like it's just a gimmick, there's a stupid t shirt made of it.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post

lol what? ffs