Results 8,201 to 8,300 of 15624

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't fucking wait to see who wins "The Owen"

AEW has a lot of connections to the Hart family as well. Bret introduced the AEW championship, Jericho used to train with the brothers after the fact, and you have Brian Pillman Jr who's dad was in the Hart Family stable with Owen.

I think if any promotion out there should be doing this it should be AEW. The only downside is the fact we'll never get any footage inside the WWE. I THINK Bret owns the Stampede library correct? So you have those old matches when Owen was young, you can probably find some NJPW stuff I assume that can be used.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Must be nice to exploit dead wrestlers

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Must be nice to exploit dead wrestlers
    A little cold coming from you Don. I wouldn't call this exploiting. I think that this will be beneficial to the Owen Hart Foundation in some way shape or form and that alone is good enough for me.

The only strange part is the very very very loose connection to Owen Hart that the company has but that's ok if it means Owen's family and those that benefit from the foundation get something positive out of this. Owen Hart was very instrumental in the style we see today and the WWE has tried for many, many years to give Owen, his family, and his fans something to be proud of and to be able to celebrate this man despite his death. It just hasn't panned out as well as many would hope.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Yeah, this one is a bit weird to me.
    How? Have you watched the Dark Side of The Ring episode? Martha was never going to let WWE use his likeness after being responsible for his death and suing her. Martha knows how much everyone loved Owen Hart the wrestler though.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Read it on reddit but I could see Kevin Steen winning if he comes over and this happens after that. Or maybe he's a surprise entrant in the tournament.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    This is the greatest news ever. Owen Hart is All Elite.

So can they show any kind of footage of Owen? I guess we can get some Stampede stuff but holy shit that was when he was a baby in the biz. I'm also curious what kind of figures they will release. Will they have to worry about any kind of legal issues from the WWE if they make a knock off King of Harts? I know some are just so excited to see a possible Blue Blazer Owen because that gear was so amazing, who wouldn't want a figure of Owen Hart in the Blue Blazer outfit especially the Over the Edge outfit....

Very exciting.
    They can use Owen’s New Japan footage too. He was beloved over there and is a former Jr Heavy champ to boot.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, this one is a bit weird to me.
    Why so?

Martha inducted Owen into the wrestling hall of fame and did dark side. She doesn’t hate wrestling, she hates Vince and WWE. When she did Talk is Jericho last year and Jericho told her that she could release shirts through PWT and WWE wouldn’t see a dollar, she finally started to understand that the pro wrestling industry isn’t just WWE anymore.

Owen is one of my all-time favorites. I’m so excited to get some modern-style figures.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Read it on reddit but I could see Kevin Steen winning if he comes over and this happens after that. Or maybe he's a surprise entrant in the tournament.
    Owens win the Owen?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    They can use Owen’s New Japan footage too. He was beloved over there and is a former Jr Heavy champ to boot.
    Yeah that totally makes up for the footage people care about. NJPW Owen>WWF Owen.

Why so?

Martha inductee Owen into the wrestling hall of fame and did dark side. She doesn’t hate wrestling, she hates Vince and WWE. When she did Talk is Jericho last year and Jericho told her that she could release shirts through PWT and WWE wouldn’t see a dollar, she finally started to understand that the pro wrestling industry isn’t just WWE anymore.

Owen is one of my all-time favorites. I’m so excited to get some modern-style figures.
    Yep it's pretty much just her hatred toward WWE and I'm not really sure how good of a relationship she has with any of the family. Last I heard they all still hated each other lol.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the greatest news ever. Owen Hart is All Elite.

So can they show any kind of footage of Owen? I guess we can get some Stampede stuff but holy shit that was when he was a baby in the biz. I'm also curious what kind of figures they will release. Will they have to worry about any kind of legal issues from the WWE if they make a knock off King of Harts? I know some are just so excited to see a possible Blue Blazer Owen because that gear was so amazing, who wouldn't want a figure of Owen Hart in the Blue Blazer outfit especially the Over the Edge outfit....

Very exciting.
    They'll be able to use New Japan footage

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This could've been much better if Martha had something to do with it.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the action figure I think Bret owns a lot of the Hart Foundation logo stuff.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    They'll be able to use New Japan footage
    Feels like if someone was about to do some shit with Stone Cold and they said "They're able to use the USWA footage"

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels like if someone was about to do some shit with Stone Cold and they said "They're able to use the USWA footage"
    Well you do sorta run into complications when the company that murdered the guy also owns his most famous footage.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Good to see Owen getting recognized.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ricky Starks said on the WrestleTalk podcast he's replacing Mark Henry on Rampage commentary.
    “I am definitely proud of AEW, the work that I’ve done in AEW, and the work that I continue to do. And the fact that I think so much that they appreciate me that they made me a permanent commentator for Rampage, replacing Mark (Henry).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'm sure Bret and Martha will be involved at some point in some way with personal appearances which will be good.

In a round about way this will probably be similar to what wwe does with Connors cure.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What's your favorite Owen Hart match? Mine is Bret vs. Owen from WrestleMania X.

I also love when Owen introduced Yokozuna as his tag partner at WrestleMania XI.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How? Have you watched the Dark Side of The Ring episode? Martha was never going to let WWE use his likeness after being responsible for his death and suing her. Martha knows how much everyone loved Owen Hart the wrestler though.
    Why so?

Martha inducted Owen into the wrestling hall of fame and did dark side. She doesn’t hate wrestling, she hates Vince and WWE. When she did Talk is Jericho last year and Jericho told her that she could release shirts through PWT and WWE wouldn’t see a dollar, she finally started to understand that the pro wrestling industry isn’t just WWE anymore.

Just that he's pretty much a WWE guy, that's the look and moments people know. For example, its all I really have ever seen of his work. And I'm one of the older guys here.

Particularly with it looking like its not a one-time event, but an ongoing thing. Obvs his family can license to whoever they want.

Just seems atypical and potentially feeling like there's something missing for something big.

Not saying there's no chance its good. Not rooting for it to fail.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you do sorta run into complications when the company that murdered the guy also owns his most famous footage.
    Murdered the guy. Interesting way to look at it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I'm sure Bret and Martha will be involved at some point in some way with personal appearances which will be good.

In a round about way this will probably be similar to what wwe does with Connors cure.
    I'm sure they will. This might be a way to bridge the gap between her and the family. I doubt it but you never know.

What's your favorite Owen Hart match? Mine is Bret vs. Owen from WrestleMania X.

I also love when Owen introduced Yokozuna as his tag partner at WrestleMania XI.
    WM X was great, the steel cage match later on at Summerslam was great. Owen Hart v. HBK @ the Feb 1996 In Your House. Him and Bret v. The Steiners.

I was into the tag-team with Jeff Jarrett.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Murdered the guy. Interesting way to look at it.
    For the pay-per-view ‘Over The Edge’ where the fatal accident occurred, it was decided that the stunt would be done using a ‘nautical clip’ which was "designed expressly for the quick release of a sailboat mast." It is alleged that several stunt coordinators were asked to test it, and all but one refused, declaring it "crazy."
    Martha Hart:
    "He was hooked up to a make-shift contraption which included a quick-release snap shackle clip meant for the sole purpose of rigging sailboats. The hook that was practically the equivalent of a paper clip released [prematurely]…and Owen fell…"
    Not sure what else you call it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Negligent homicide is a criminal charge brought against a person who, through criminal negligence, allows another person to die.[1]

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Not going to even bother with this topic of Owen's life.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what Nash is getting at is that it’s not right to say he was murdered because it wasn’t deliberate.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I think what Nash is getting at is that it’s not murder because it wasn’t deliberate.
    Basically. I just didn't want to go back and forth about it lol. Murder is murder, an accidental negligent death isn't murdering someone idc how much you dislike the WWE.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think what Nash is getting at is that it’s not right to say he was murdered because it wasn’t deliberate.
    “In our lawsuit, we had every single top rigger in the business give us deposition and they all said how egregious and negligent the set-up was and how inappropriate the equipment was. The clip was meant for the sole use of sailboats. The whole design of it is to release on load, so they used the worst equipment and there was no redundancy. In the past, the WWE had used quality riggers to rig their stunts. The one they used was Joe Branam, who rigged everybody from Elton John to the Rolling Stones to Robin Williams. He did it the right way and Owen had no control over the stunt.

“They didn’t like the way that he was rigging Owen because they wanted him to be able to release [from the harness] when he dropped to the ground, but that isn’t possible when it’s done the right way. Joe Branam said he would not rig Owen that way, so instead they hired this hacker, Bobby Talbert, who had no business rigging anyone. Owen never questioned his safety because he assumed the company wouldn’t put him in harm’s way.
    From what I remember from the DSOR episode it was essentially a carabiner designed to give way with like 10-20lbs of pressure. So what is the most likely outcome there? How could anything other than a man falling to his death possibly happen?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I remember from the DSOR episode it was essentially a carabiner designed to give way with like 10-20lbs of pressure. So what is the most likely outcome there? How could anything other than a man falling to his death possibly happen?
    Oh no-one is saying it wasn’t horribly negligent and they should’ve thought it through but “murder” would be putting the tin foil hat on and saying they did it that way on purpose.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for even acknowledging that comment from Defrost.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Pretty cool if Owen Hart makes the AEW game, first game with Owen in it since WWF Attitude in 1999 in that case. Hopefully they add playable/young versions of Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Jake Roberts and some other legends as well.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Pretty cool if Owen Hart makes the AEW game, first game with Owen in it since WWF Attitude in 1999 in that case. Hopefully they add playable/young versions of Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Jake Roberts and some other legends as well.
    If Brock Anderson is in then you get your young version of Arn. He looks more like a clone than a son.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what's weird is out of all the "big" matches Kenny Omega has had in his career, why does it feel like none of them are as big as the one he's about to have with Danielson?

For me, as long as Styles is still even part time, he's the best. I would put Danielson #2 right now. On the planet. Omega v. Okada, Jericho, Mox, those were big matches no doubt. But none of them are the American Dragon. My expectations for this match are so fucking astronomical it's not even fair to either wrestler. We're about to find out who the best in AEW truly is.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What are the odds there's no shenanigans is the question?

I mean Bryan could win because it's non-title, but I still see shenanigans happening.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You know what's weird is out of all the "big" matches Kenny Omega has had in his career, why does it feel like none of them are as big as the one he's about to have with Danielson?

For me, as long as Styles is still even part time, he's the best. I would put Danielson #2 right now. On the planet. Omega v. Okada, Jericho, Mox, those were big matches no doubt. But none of them are the American Dragon. My expectations for this match are so fucking astronomical it's not even fair to either wrestler. We're about to find out who the best in AEW truly is.
    Could it be because you weren't an active watcher of new Japan? Because I remember the hype for Okada/Omega 2 and 3 being insane.

Danielson is one of my top 10 all-time workers, so im looking forward to omega vs Danielson VERY much too. Omega is a great worker and easily my best in the world right now, but in terms of my overall favorites he's like my number 19 or 20.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Less viewers (642k) for Rampage than the previous week (670k) but .28 versus .27 the previous week in the 18-49 demo if what I read was accurate.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could it be because you weren't an active watcher of new Japan? Because I remember the hype for Okada/Omega 2 and 3 being insane.

Danielson is one of my top 10 all-time workers, so im looking forward to omega vs Danielson VERY much too. Omega is a great worker and easily my best in the world right now, but in terms of my overall favorites he's like my number 19 or 20.
    Oh man I've been a pretty big fan of New Japan for about 30 years. I was definitely aware of the hype for Omega v. Okada matches, especially the rematches. Most people don't know and don't care about Omega and Dragon already wrestling years and years ago, the same way most people don't even know who Rainmaker is.

I do. And I don't think he's the name or the talent that Dragon is. That's not a knock that's just reality. Not everyone is as good and/or well known as everyone else in life.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    'Murdered'

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    'Murdered'
    Hypothetically, you're babysitting a kid and leave the kid in the bathtub and they drown, did you murder them? Will you still go to jail?

Negligence is still murder.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Murdered'
    Yes

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Joey Janela's muscle Kayla Rossi finally has a name now. It's her real name.

This was pretty crazy.
    https://streamable.com/cxtvsp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Week of AEW action this week. Huge card I'm looking forward to.

Hoping for Hangman's return if the main event devolves into a an attack.

Fantasy booking - Maybe show the dark order groups being split up at the start of the show but they receive a message or package from the other group. Then during the beat down of Bryan Hangman music hits and he and the dark order rush the ring. Do the backstage meeting with hangman and the Dark Order group for BTE and an after match conversation with Bryan thanking them but definitely not being into joining cults from his previous experience.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yes
    No.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Come on Peter, you know full well someone on May 23, 1999 said to themselves "I'm gonna make sure Owen Hart dies today."

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on Peter, you know full well someone on May 23, 1999 said to themselves "I'm gonna make sure Owen Hart dies today."
    Murder doesn't have to be premeditated

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah but there's terms for that. Like negligent homicide or something, manslaughter. I don't know, I'm not a lawyer, but murder just screams with the intent to kill.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the expert on a subject tells you if you do x then this person will die. Then you do x and that person dies. You have murdered that person.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you haven't. That is manslaughter.
    Last edited by Romford Pele; September 21st, 2021 at 11:12 AM. Reason: To Defrost

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    When the expert on a subject tells you if you do x then this person will die. Then you do x and that person dies. You have murdered that person.
    Was anyone charged with a murder? Is it legally a murder?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I love that man.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This dude might just get me to watch AEW.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    To be absolutely clear. I watched the Owen DSOTR and WWE were absolutely negligent and responsible, I just don't believe in throwing terms like murder around.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...mpression=true
    "Tony and I talked about a couple of things. We had talked about 'The Final Countdown,' but that was way too expensive," he said. "I hate talking business stuff when I don't exactly know what it was, but it wasn't just the amount of money. They would only let [AEW] play it like 20 times a year or something like that. For several $100,000 you can play 'Final Countdown' 20 times a year. That doesn't work for us.

"I had kind of wanted something a bit different, so I reached out to my friend, Elliott Taylor, and said 'Hey, here's an idea. But I don't know if it's any good. Could you do something like this?' He dropped everything. I think he's done 72 hours in the studio and made the song that I come out to now, which I think he's also going to do a full-length release because it actually has like two chorus lyrics.

"I really, really liked it. And it also incorporates a chant that people would do when I was on the independents. I kind of wanted to get it in there. I would love for people to start chanting it again."
    Only 20 times a year is ridiculous. I don't think he's ever going to come out to the theme with lyrics at this point. I hope they get the chant going at Arthur Ashe, I know some people are going to try.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was anyone charged with a murder? Is it legally a murder?
    Most murders end with no one being charged for it

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm gonna go with Omega, Baker, Black, Sting/Allin, MJF

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Most murders end with no one being charged for it
    Especially when it's not murder, good night.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenny should beat Danielson here and boom, out comes Hangman Page with Tony Khan ready to make the World title match official at their next ppv.

You know what I think WWE should start doing, every time a match gets announced they should say "Vince McMahon just put together this triple threat match..." I notice AEW has been doing that more and more lately. They don't really do the authority figure in AEW-thankfully-so obviously we get that more with WWE. I just don't really care for it. Nobody believes Adam Pearce and Sonya are putting matches together.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This will work in an hour.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Minoru Suzuki marks, this is from Sammy's V-Log:
    https://v.redd.it/1hrj1yupbwo71

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Murder doesn't have to be premeditated
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxford English Dictionary
    1. a. The most heinous kind of criminal homicide; also, an instance of this. In English (also Sc. and U.S.) Law, defined as the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought; often more explicitly wilful murder.

mass noun
    1The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
    Ignorance not malice. Manslaughter.

They wanted a better presentation and got a second opinion.
    Last edited by Badger; September 21st, 2021 at 5:35 PM.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHO GIVES A SHIT SHUT UP.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    Glad you found the caps button.

Very important distinction legally. Maybe just a wee forum here some people still care about that shit. He said murder doesn’t have to be premeditated when it clearly does.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I hope they go gentle on old Stinger.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AEW announced Owen Hart will be a playable character in their upcoming game.

Sold. I just got super excited for this.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    AEW announced Owen Hart will be a playable character in their upcoming game.

Sold. I just got super excited for this.
    3000 and late, sir.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yup. Usually a day late and a dollar short. I really should read threads before posting.

Still psyched I won't have to comb through all sorts of created Owen's to find a good one.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    After scrolling up here's a Street Fight with Owen against Dynamite that I thought was pretty fun.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planning to watch Dynamite this week.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Planning to watch Dynamite this week.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This will work in an hour.
    This video is so good. Everyone should watch it before tomorrow.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This video is so good. Everyone should watch it before tomorrow.

Stop telling me what to do, haha.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Rasslin' always has good interviews and this is no different.

Hearing Bryan Danielson mention Daniel Garcia gets me so excited. He also mentions Dante Martin.

Also interesting that he says he "changed his character" because he didn't want to be similar to Punk as far as being there to help the young guys.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Feels like a PPV match on free TV. Though is it really free TV if you have to pay for cable?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Would like a Cody/black double turn tonight

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    Would like a Cody/black double turn tonight
    cody said in a recent interview that he'd retire before turning heel, cited not wanting to show kids the wrong example, and typical 'they pay money, they can cheer or boo' cliches. gotta imagine that heel turn is coming soon, cause that sounds like a wwe troll job answer.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I've got the stroke to make that joke.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On topic., Cody's needed a heel turn for ages. Even as squeaky clean as his character is, it still comes across as self-serving.

Put himself back in the AEW title picture as well.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://www.njpw1972.com/104247
    Interview with Minoru Suzuki
    –It’s a thrill for the fans over in the US to see a legend like yourself in the flesh.

Suzuki: Hmm. I appreciate the thought, but the word ‘legend’ is for the has-beens. I’m still alive.

–My apologies. There’s no arguing that you’re still very much active and at the top.

Suzuki: Whether you’re in Japan or anywhere else, don’t treat me like one of those ‘legends’. When it comes to my speed in the ring, how hard I train, the way I put my body together, I’m the measure of anyone 20, 30 years younger than me. But some people want to put me on that legend pedestal. Well, I’m kicking that pedestal down and smashing you over the head with it. You don’t get to choose for me.

–You want to make it very clear that you’re very much alive and active.

Suzuki: Never lump me in with that kind of wrestler. They’re from the past, they’re done, and I’m nowhere near finished yet.
    Suzuki: Well, GCW have a few different brands, and Josh and Riddle were in Bloodsport. They have lucha and deathmatch themed brands as well. Bloodsport and I have a bit of a casual relationship.

–Casual?

Suzuki: In 2018, it was Wrestlemania Week, and I was wrestling for another promotion. Someone from Bloodsport came over and said ‘someone’s pulled out, can you wrestle tomorrow?’ I said ‘if you can pay me right now, no problem’. And that’s how I wrestled Riddle.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    cody said in a recent interview that he'd retire before turning heel, cited not wanting to show kids the wrong example, and typical 'they pay money, they can cheer or boo' cliches. gotta imagine that heel turn is coming soon, cause that sounds like a wwe troll job answer.
    Take anything Cody ever says with the absolute fattest grain of salt possible.

Mans spent more of his career as a heel than face.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    I always fantasy booked a newly turned Cody as Pages first big title challenger but that doesn’t really fit into the picture anymore. I’d love to see a heel Cody vs cm punk feud

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This isn’t Cody Rhodes talking to cm punk it’s Cody runnels talking to Phil brooks

oooooooHhhhhhhHhhh

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Odds on a time limit draw for Omega/Bryan?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1:7

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Has there been a time limit draw since Cody/Darby? I'm asking anyone, I know Mazer probably doesn't know.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Odds on a time limit draw for Omega/Bryan?
    yes

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has there been a time limit draw since Cody/Darby? I'm asking anyone, I know Mazer probably doesn't know.
    oc vs cody, tnt title match from october of last year ended in a draw. pac vs mox ended in a draw in october 2019. seems to be right around the time of year for a draw.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not.

My odds were probably not Caesar's quality.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Andrew Zarian saying that a secondary women’s title in the works. Doesn’t sound like tag titles, but a “TBS” championship, so the women’s version of the TNT title

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrew Zarian saying that a secondary women’s title in the works. Doesn’t sound like tag titles, but a “TBS” championship, so the women’s version of the TNT title
    When does Lana's contract expire?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    When does Lana's contract expire?
    She was released the same time as a bunch of other people so it was August 31st.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    TV title is usually the workhorse title, right? So who would get it from the women hmmm... Thunder Rosa? Or is she too big for that title?
    Shida could finally do something. I think she should turn heel though.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rebel! Two woman power trip!

AEW’s answer to Sasha and Bayley!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TV title is usually the workhorse title, right? So who would get it from the women hmmm... Thunder Rosa? Or is she too big for that title?
    Shida could finally do something. I think she should turn heel though.
    When does Serena Deeb come back?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Deeb, Riho, Shida, or Thunder Rosa for sure.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the ETA on that secondary women's championship? I just don't see the need for one NOW. The division is not very strong and adding a secondary championship would be a little strange. You don't need a championship to make a fight interesting. They've barely made their current championship look strong as it's history is more like a troll job on mainstream wrestling fans until 2007 Diva DDS won the title.

Thunder Rosa should be at the top.