Page 22 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,200 of 15611

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They only did the beach thing once. They don't want to go all WCW though.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was thinking, has WWE ever put someone over 60 in a match before? Ric Flair was 59 when he retired. Then I thought, maybe Snuka? of course you have Mae Young and Moolah. Think these old timers should stay out of the ring and help as managers, or promos.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    god was pretty old

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's going to end up being a smart play for Scurll. The buzz had gone off him in the last year, and the Dark Order storyline is likely one that would have done him no favours considering the geeks in that faction. Stay in ROH, book yourself to be top bollocks, work NWA, work the Super Juniors tournament in NJPW, then when you've built your reputation back up you take one of the big gigs. I wonder if ROH purposefully held him back a bit this year to lessen his market value - sure, they effectively killed the territory by not playing the hot hand at Madison Square Garden, but he's still there now, right.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    that spot where statlander did that awful superkick from the apron that looked like her leg barely twitched, and followed it up with a moonsault that missed by a mile, was one of the worst exchanges i've seen in wrestling in a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

i wonder what accounts for this ratings rebound. re-focusing the shows on jericho/moxley and cody/mjf?
    I don't know if timing has anything to do with it. Holidays are over so there's no distractions.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who would be a satisfying payoff if they were revealed to be the leader of the Dark Order? Who could realistically sign in the next 6 months?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Who would be a satisfying payoff if they were revealed to be the leader of the Dark Order? Who could realistically sign in the next 6 months?
    The only guy that comes to mind is Matt Hardy.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vince McMahon. Oh, you said realistically.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will end up being Vampiro or Kevin Sullivan

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd...be alright with either of those options.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The only guy that comes to mind is Matt Hardy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    It will end up being Vampiro or Kevin Sullivan
    I kind of wouldn't mind Vampiro. He could rekindle the feud with Pentagon.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    I got grumpy old man during the opening tag match. See Baron Corbin for how I felt about it.
    i agreed after the first 8-10 minutes. for that amount of time, it was a fun, energetic spotfest. after that it was just an endless procession of moves meaning increasingly little and little as my eyes glazed over. i can enjoy that kind of match at an appropriate length, but these guys have no idea when to end it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Same

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, I liked the opening tag.

I think 4-way tags are the perfect kind of match to be more of a spot-fest. And to act like there wasn't a story being told is unfair. Maybe not very move told the story, but there was a clear-cut narrative direction from the finish and the general match setup.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Luke Harper?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryback.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW should team up Billy Gunn and Dustin Rhodes and call them The Old Age Outlaws.

"Oh you didn't know?"

"Your ass better bring me my heartburn medicine!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Killer Kross would be cool, but he'd have to come out and destroy all the creepers, and Evil Uno for their incompetence and then use Grayson as an attack dog moving forward

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    I won't lie, when I saw AEW were calling this shows "Bash At The Beach" and it was set in California, I'm kind of disappointed this wasn't set up on an actual beach somewhere.

If they want to be WCW, go all the way, right?

AEW Dark could have been a "Women of AEW Bikini Special" one week. Exclusively on Youtube.
    it wasn't in california. they used the pink and blue vaporwave aesthetic from miami vice for the event branding and cody was doing a don johnson cosplay.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    it wasn't in california. they used the pink and blue vaporwave aesthetic from miami vice for the event branding and cody was doing a don johnson cosplay.
    Okay, Florida.

Point still stands.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know if anything about AEW is good but I do know a lot of it is bad. This “alternative” to WWE comes off more like a version of the WWF New Generation if instead of Bret or Shawn being in their prime they were 50 years old and out of shape.

A lot of things annoy me that arent really that important but whatever, why does Darby Allin wear daisy dukes? If MJF is supposed to be this rich douche why does he wear the same burberry scarf? They come in other colors. The SCU gimmick is bad, it’s basically Billy Gunn x 3. And the nightmare collective and the dark order are garbage.

I hope they do improve because competition for WWE would be cool.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I dont know if anything about AEW is good but I do know a lot of it is bad. This “alternative” to WWE comes off more like a version of the WWF New Generation if instead of Bret or Shawn being in their prime they were 50 years old and out of shape.

A lot of things annoy me that arent really that important but whatever, why does Darby Allin wear daisy dukes? If MJF is supposed to be this rich douche why does he wear the same burberry scarf? They come in other colors. The SCU gimmick is bad, it’s basically Billy Gunn x 3. And the nightmare collective and the dark order are garbage.

I hope they do improve because competition for WWE would be cool.
    lol

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I kinda feel like Omega is purposely taking a backseat. A mix of burnout from NJPW and giving other people a chance to be on top while he can work programs with Mox, PAC, Page, and the tag division to help fill out the midcard more.
    I don't see any of those guys being considered "midcard". I don't believe Omega is taking a backseat at all. Moxley is set for a World title push, Pac is a top contender, Page challenged for the title to declare the first champion, now he's set for a tag-team title shot.

Sounds like he's working with the top guys and getting title shots.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The card for the Jericho Cruise, Day 1, is lackluster

I'd be mad if I had to watch Nyla vs Penelope, Allie vs Britt Baker, Darby vs Kip Sabian, and Janela vs QT Marshall

Also, I do think Moxley will dress up as a pirate

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QT Marshall....I've always wondered if when he first started out he was supposed to be like a Goldust/Rico type character (QT=Cutie). I can't speak for anyone else but there's a big gas station chain called Quik Trip that everyone calls QT so there's also that lol. Seeing him on that team just looked shitty and of course he took the L....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was in Ring of Honor as like "Gods Gift to Wrestling" and he wore a robe. He was more like Simon Diamond than anything else

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You ever wonder, like if a wrestler died while performing, or there was a scandal that could shed bad publicity to AEW, how they would handle it? Like the steroid trial, Owen Hart, Benoit, etc., the WWE was already etched in stone, a long history, they weren't going to go anywhere, but would something like that stop AEW in it's tracks?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The roster seems kind of thin for another wrestling show. I will hold judgment until they actually announce what they show will be based on. I am happy for AEW getting that deal. it's an extra 43 million a year they didn't have before. They need a few more stars before it really takes off in my opinion. Their main event is really slim outside of 5-6 guys. A guy like Luke Harper would certainly help. I don't know what Sami Zayn or Cesaro's contracts are like but they are two guys that could thrive in AEW as main event level guys.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched a match on AEW Dark with him in it and he had apples in his video and they never bothered to explain why. He's just the apple man, I guess?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    You ever wonder, like if a wrestler died while performing, or there was a scandal that could shed bad publicity to AEW, how they would handle it? Like the steroid trial, Owen Hart, Benoit, etc., the WWE was already etched in stone, a long history, they weren't going to go anywhere, but would something like that stop AEW in it's tracks?
    To be fair we only know due to hindsight being 20/20 that the WWE weren't going anywhere but from inside accounts the steroid trial was definitely one that they were feeling it could be the end.

It's hard to say because nothing like that has killed a bigger promotion. WCW and ECW died due to finances. AEW is too young for me personally to answer this question because all those scenarios were extremely different and again, no other major promotion has met their demise outside of financial issues.

If we could go "Well AWA went out of business because they never recovered from Greg Gagne going on a shooting spree!" then it would be easy to say. Wrestling gets away with a lot of shit for being wrestling lol. I bet there were people going "I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often" with things like Owen Hart.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    The roster seems kind of thin for another wrestling show. I will hold judgment until they actually announce what they show will be based on. I am happy for AEW getting that deal. it's an extra 43 million a year they didn't have before. They need a few more stars before it really takes off in my opinion. Their main event is really slim outside of 5-6 guys. A guy like Luke Harper would certainly help. I don't know what Sami Zayn or Cesaro's contracts are like but they are two guys that could thrive in AEW as main event level guys.
    Their main event should be "slim". Don't compare it to WWE, their roster is 10x bigger with 3 shows with 3 different rosters on cable. If they only have 5-6 main event caliber guys, that's a good thing. Not everyone top to bottom is a main event caliber talent. And if they had too many, we'd be going "They don't have enough room to showcase these top tier guys they need a 2nd show to balance it out".

They need more than 3 months before they really take off. A major problem a lot of us have is that in the back of our mind, we're trying to look at them as the same as WCW or WWE. Like they're an established company because they have a lot of established talent in the wrestling bubble. But the truth is, the company is a year old with really only 3-4 months of a presence on television in a handful of countries.

The last thing they should be doing is seeing who the WWE doesn't have room to possibly make a bigger star and chance it with them because then it turns into TNA.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is DDP in bad standing with WWE over his AEW appearances?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is DDP in bad standing with WWE over his AEW appearances?
    I doubt it. It wasn't like they used him for anything of worth.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Their main event should be "slim". Don't compare it to WWE, their roster is 10x bigger with 3 shows with 3 different rosters on cable. If they only have 5-6 main event caliber guys, that's a good thing. Not everyone top to bottom is a main event caliber talent. And if they had too many, we'd be going "They don't have enough room to showcase these top tier guys they need a 2nd show to balance it out".

They need more than 3 months before they really take off. A major problem a lot of us have is that in the back of our mind, we're trying to look at them as the same as WCW or WWE. Like they're an established company because they have a lot of established talent in the wrestling bubble. But the truth is, the company is a year old with really only 3-4 months of a presence on television in a handful of countries.

The last thing they should be doing is seeing who the WWE doesn't have room to possibly make a bigger star and chance it with them because then it turns into TNA.
    if they are talented then why not? just because they were WWE guys doesn't mean they shouldn't look to bring them in. Jericho and Moxley are two of their biggest stars right now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if they are talented then why not? just because they were WWE guys doesn't mean they shouldn't look to bring them in. Jericho and Moxley are two of their biggest stars right now.
    Jericho is one of the biggest stars ever in wrestling and Moxley is arguably one of the biggest to hit in the last 5-6 years.

Those are terrible examples. I think AEW should keep working with what they have. I have no doubt that we'll see former WWE talent make their way, it's just how it goes and I'm not negative to that. What I'm negative about is to a small degree is AEW thinking they have any foundation to say "Well WWE couldn't make that guy work but we can" And then using mega established wrestlers like Chris Jericho as an example, as if the guy was floundering for 30 years in WCW and the WWE but AEW suddenly made him incredible.

Because if you look at some of the floundering talent they snatched up, they're not exactly doing anything magical (Shawn Spears)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho is one of the biggest stars ever in wrestling and Moxley is arguably one of the biggest to hit in the last 5-6 years.

Those are terrible examples. I think AEW should keep working with what they have. I have no doubt that we'll see former WWE talent make their way, it's just how it goes and I'm not negative to that. What I'm negative about is to a small degree is AEW thinking they have any foundation to say "Well WWE couldn't make that guy work but we can" And then using mega established wrestlers like Chris Jericho as an example, as if the guy was floundering for 30 years in WCW and the WWE but AEW suddenly made him incredible.

Because if you look at some of the floundering talent they snatched up, they're not exactly doing anything magical (Shawn Spears)
    You know TNA brought in guys like Booker T, Angle, RVD, Christian, Foley, Hogan. Those are huge names. It's not really like they tried to bring in just the guys that didn't work out in WWE. So your argument is flawed. Shawn Spears is a terrible example on your part. I am specifically saying Zayn and Cesaro. Guys who can legit be main eventers. I never saw Shawn Spears as anything more than what he was in WWE. You don't think Zayn or Cesaro can do more if given the chance?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I don't get with Dark...it's supposed to matter right? It's not a glorified show for shits and grins. The results matter in these rankings and such, but it feels like there's no real acknowledgement of what happens there on Dynamite. How hard would it be to cut a 30-60 second video for results and highlights?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just trying to figure out your Mendoza line. Is PAC going to fit more in the established category? Yes, they made him a champion of a brand but it was for a division they didn't care about and a show they haven't really put more sustained energy into.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know TNA brought in guys like Booker T, Angle, RVD, Christian, Foley, Hogan. Those are huge names. It's not really like they tried to bring in just the guys that didn't work out in WWE. So your argument is flawed. Shawn Spears is a terrible example on your part. I am specifically saying Zayn and Cesaro. Guys who can legit be main eventers. I never saw Shawn Spears as anything more than what he was in WWE. You don't think Zayn or Cesaro can do more if given the chance?
    Ok you're all over the place now lol.

You said the roster need STARS because the main event of a 2 hour weekly show only has really 5-6 "main eventers". Then you proceeded to say Luke Harper, Cesaro, and Sami Zayn could be those guys based on the WWE not utilizing them to your personal preference. To which I replied with saying the last thing AEW should do, because they don't have anything to base it on, would be to grab talent that were not being used correctly in some fans' eyes and try to do what the WWE couldn't i.e make them stars.

Your response was "Well they brought in Jericho and Moxley" . Which I replied with saying they were already made men, the others you're speaking on were not, they're projects AEW doesn't have the history to dive in and be successful and prove those guys could have been main eventers in WWE as well. To answer your question, NO, I don't think Harper, Cesaro, and Zayn, could would and/or should be bigger than they are in WWE.

Nothing any of those 3 have done anywhere prior or during NXT/WWE did I go "That guy could be Chris Jericho level" So no, my Shawn Spears comment isn't terrible at all. It's a prime example of a guy many thought was not being used to their full potential in WWE, who if he went to AEW he'd be used better, and he's being used almost the exact same if not worse.

And when you try to use Jericho and Moxley as examples to back up the possibility of Harper, Cesaro, and/or Zayn being main event talent, that makes no sense.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just trying to figure out your Mendoza line. Is PAC going to fit more in the established category? Yes, they made him a champion of a brand but it was for a division they didn't care about and a show they haven't really put more sustained energy into.
    My "Mendoza" line?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think mike work is what's holding Cesaro and Harper back.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My "Mendoza" line?
    It's a baseball term, citing a threshold for a drop-off.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok you're all over the place now lol.

You said the roster need STARS because the main event of a 2 hour weekly show only has really 5-6 "main eventers". Then you proceeded to say Luke Harper, Cesaro, and Sami Zayn could be those guys based on the WWE not utilizing them to your personal preference. To which I replied with saying the last thing AEW should do, because they don't have anything to base it on, would be to grab talent that were not being used correctly in some fans' eyes and try to do what the WWE couldn't i.e make them stars.

Your response was "Well they brought in Jericho and Moxley" . Which I replied with saying they were already made men, the others you're speaking on were not, they're projects AEW doesn't have the history to dive in and be successful and prove those guys could have been main eventers in WWE as well. To answer your question, NO, I don't think Harper, Cesaro, and Zayn, could would and/or should be bigger than they are in WWE.

Nothing any of those 3 have done anywhere prior or during NXT/WWE did I go "That guy could be Chris Jericho level" So no, my Shawn Spears comment isn't terrible at all. It's a prime example of a guy many thought was not being used to their full potential in WWE, who if he went to AEW he'd be used better, and he's being used almost the exact same if not worse.

And when you try to use Jericho and Moxley as examples to back up the possibility of Harper, Cesaro, and/or Zayn being main event talent, that makes no sense.

My argument is all over the place?

You said AEW should not do what TNA did with bringing in WWE guys right? TNA brought in big names just like AEW did with Moxley and Jericho. You can't have it both ways there. I am specifically saying there is nothing wrong with bringing in guys from WWE who have potential to be bigger than what they are. Shawn Spears doesn't have that potential in my opinion which is why I don't think Spears is a good comparison.

My original point which you missed is that just because it didn't "work" for TNA should not deter AEW from bringing in anyone they think has potential to do more. If Zayn is a free agent, it shouldn't deter AEW from signing him because he is a "WWE" guy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think mike work is what's holding Cesaro and Harper back.
    Injuries and a shit attitude are what holds back Luke Harper. His glass half empty approach to life is a big negative.

Cesaro is never and will never and probably doesn't want to be a Roman Reigns type.

It's a baseball term, citing a threshold for a drop-off.
    I stopped watching Baseball when Sammy Sosa lost the homerun chase. lol.

I'm still not sure what you're asking about PAC as it relates to anything I've said today.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My argument is all over the place?

You said AEW should not do what TNA did with bringing in WWE guys right? TNA brought in big names just like AEW did with Moxley and Jericho. You can't have it both ways there. I am specifically saying there is nothing wrong with bringing in guys from WWE who have potential to be bigger than what they are. Shawn Spears doesn't have that potential in my opinion which is why I don't think Spears is a good comparison.

My original point which you missed is that just because it didn't "work" for TNA should not deter AEW from bringing in anyone they think has potential to do more. If Zayn is a free agent, it shouldn't deter AEW from signing him because he is a "WWE" guy.
    No, I never once said they shouldn't bring in WWE talent. Go back and read the words I posted. Nowhere does it say "AEW shouldn't sign WWE talent" I said a specific type of talent did I not?

So your posts after that are all out of whack because you for some odd reason read . "The last thing they should be doing is seeing who the WWE doesn't have room to possibly make a bigger star and chance it with them because then it turns into TNA. as me saying AEW shouldn't sign any WWE talent. So you're comparisons and everything after confused the shit out of me because it sounded like you were implying that AEW made Jericho and Moxley bigger than they were in WWE, which is obviously not true at all. So no, I didn't miss your original point, you just didn't bother to properly read my last sentence and it fucked you all up lol. Yes, TNA brought in big names but they also took stupid chances trying to prove that WWE weren't the only hitmakers in the business.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Injuries and a shit attitude are what holds back Luke Harper. His glass half empty approach to life is a big negative.

Cesaro is never and will never and probably doesn't want to be a Roman Reigns type.

I stopped watching Baseball when Sammy Sosa lost the homerun chase. lol.

I'm still not sure what you're asking about PAC as it relates to anything I've said today.
    I literally asked a question in relation to PAC. Based off what you've said on my quick skim, you somewhat labeled guys as two things: (mega) established or floundering talent. I'm wondering where he is on the scale, so I can get a better understanding of your perspective.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally asked a question in relation to PAC. Based off what you've said on my quick skim, you somewhat labeled guys as two things: (mega) established or floundering talent. I'm wondering where he is on the scale, so I can get a better understanding of your perspective.
    Well if you only "quick skim" through someone's post and then make an assumption on something you didn't really know what was being said, it's a little difficult to answer such a broad question when we're talking about specific talent.

So the only time I used the word "established" prior to your post was when I said a mega established talent like Chris Jericho shouldn't be used as the go to reference, but PurePlayer misread (or didn't read at all) what I said in the first place so the story got all fucked up as it is.

So if you're asking me is PAC established as in he's a big name in the wrestling world like Moxley and Jericho, no he's not. Is he being used better than he was in the WWE? That's up for debate because they're 2 totally different companies. I don't like comparing AEW to WWE because AEW hasn't done jack shit in comparison.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any of those guys being considered "midcard". I don't believe Omega is taking a backseat at all. Moxley is set for a World title push, Pac is a top contender, Page challenged for the title to declare the first champion, now he's set for a tag-team title shot.

Sounds like he's working with the top guys and getting title shots.
    I wasn't saying all those guys were midcard. My point was he did the job for Moxley so he can look better in the main event, he's working with PAC who isn't in the title picture yet, and Page, while having challenged for the AEW title, is definitely more upper midcard than a top guy.

And the tag team division pretty much is the midcard, especially compared to being in contention for the AEW title.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you only "quick skim" through someone's post and then make an assumption on something you didn't really know what was being said, it's a little difficult to answer such a broad question when we're talking about specific talent.

So the only time I used the word "established" prior to your post was when I said a mega established talent like Chris Jericho shouldn't be used as the go to reference, but PurePlayer misread (or didn't read at all) what I said in the first place so the story got all fucked up as it is.

So if you're asking me is PAC established as in he's a big name in the wrestling world like Moxley and Jericho, no he's not. Is he being used better than he was in the WWE? That's up for debate because they're 2 totally different companies. I don't like comparing AEW to WWE because AEW hasn't done jack shit in comparison.
    Yet you did answer it lol. Because I asked a question and you answered it. Plain and simple lol. Thank you.
    For the record, I'd say he's being used slightly better now but not dramatically better.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I watched a match on AEW Dark with him in it and he had apples in his video and they never bothered to explain why. He's just the apple man, I guess?
    My son told me it had something to do with him being intelligent lol. I said "Now this QT fuck from RIng of Honor thinks he's Carlito with his apples" and he goes "Ohhhh that makes sense because he's supposed to be some super intelligent guy" When I asked what apples had to do with it he goes IDK hahaha. What the fuck.....Kids these days.

One thing I don't get with Dark...it's supposed to matter right? It's not a glorified show for shits and grins. The results matter in these rankings and such, but it feels like there's no real acknowledgement of what happens there on Dynamite. How hard would it be to cut a 30-60 second video for results and highlights?
    They do talk about Dark when it matters to a storyline. But for the most part it's not exactly portrayed as their version of Sunday Night Heat 1999, more like Velocity 2004 lol

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    He always come out with an apple, and is seen with an apple in BTE a lot. That's pretty much it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't saying all those guys were midcard. My point was he did the job for Moxley so he can look better in the main event, he's working with PAC who isn't in the title picture yet, and Page, while having challenged for the AEW title, is definitely more upper midcard than a top guy.

And the tag team division pretty much is the midcard, especially compared to being in contention for the AEW title.
    You keep saying you weren't calling it the midcard but all I'm seeing is the word midcard lol. Seriously though....Maybe that last line where you said ""to help fill out the midcard more" threw me off because that sounds like you're saying Omega is working in the midcard to help the midcard more, after rattling off names that aren't exactly midcarders.

I mean, who are these top guys Omega isn't working with? Everyone you named is a top guy in AEW. Moxley v. Pac=#1 contender to the World title next week right? So that right there seems to me like Pac is in the mix, especially with how good his record is. I don't thik people are going to say he's on the same level in AEW as Evil Uno or Sammy Guerva Davis Jr.

So yeah, I just must have misunderstood you where you're saying the tag-team is the part of the midcard Omega is helping out NOW. But again, he's in line for a tag-team title shot and when there's only 2 belts for the men to go after, he's not exactly sitting in the background. It's just that people were so used to him being on top in NJPW for almost 2 years that they forgot he was only on top because Nakamura and Styles left him a spot wide open.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet you did answer it lol. Because I asked a question and you answered it. Plain and simple lol. Thank you.
    For the record, I'd say he's being used slightly better now but not dramatically better.
    Yeah I answered it in hopes that it was the answer you were looking for lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I answered it in hopes that it was the answer you were looking for lol.
    You did. As long of the body of work progresses in a manner that shows competence, I think it could extrapolate in a case that makes AEW a viable destination for ANY kind of talent (regardless of if they've been in WWE or not).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did. And I think it could extrapolate in a case that makes AEW a viable destination for ANY kind of talent (regardless of if they've been in WWE or not).
    Oh yeah. I don't give a shit if you worked for WWE in the past, it's like a minor league football fan taking issue with NFL players coming in. If they're good, fuck yeah. But what shouldn't happen is AEW looking at someone like a Shawn Spears and say "We could do more" and then look how that worked out. They don't have anything to justify saying "We made this guy, we know what we're doing, watch and see how well he does now!"

Because in TNA, that happened like twice. Once with Christian Cage, and a little later with Bully Ray.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah. I don't give a shit if you worked for WWE in the past, it's like a minor league football fan taking issue with NFL players coming in. If they're good, fuck yeah. But what shouldn't happen is AEW looking at someone like a Shawn Spears and say "We could do more" and then look how that worked out. They don't have anything to justify saying "We made this guy, we know what we're doing, watch and see how well he does now!"

Because in TNA, that happened like twice. Once with Christian Cage, and a little later with Bully Ray.
    I'd say that's more on the booking rather than the talent. It can flip towards the other side in a hurry and results will dictate that but it's still ambiguous now. The talent clearly raises a concern but nothing of substance has actually happened in a significant way since the Cody feud. Is that on the talent or is on the booking? The story may ultimately prove to say its the talent but for now it's the booking because they had something cooking for an angle with him and a tag team but it's evaporated...because it probably was seen as another recruitment angle and that's all the rage in AEW right now so that was the easiest one to drop lol.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You keep saying you weren't calling it the midcard but all I'm seeing is the word midcard lol. Seriously though....Maybe that last line where you said ""to help fill out the midcard more" threw me off because that sounds like you're saying Omega is working in the midcard to help the midcard more, after rattling off names that aren't exactly midcarders.

I mean, who are these top guys Omega isn't working with? Everyone you named is a top guy in AEW. Moxley v. Pac=#1 contender to the World title next week right? So that right there seems to me like Pac is in the mix, especially with how good his record is. I don't thik people are going to say he's on the same level in AEW as Evil Uno or Sammy Guerva Davis Jr.

So yeah, I just must have misunderstood you where you're saying the tag-team is the part of the midcard Omega is helping out NOW. But again, he's in line for a tag-team title shot and when there's only 2 belts for the men to go after, he's not exactly sitting in the background. It's just that people were so used to him being on top in NJPW for almost 2 years that they forgot he was only on top because Nakamura and Styles left him a spot wide open.
    Yeah, I think you were just confused by the way I bunched it up. Also maybe getting too caught up on the word midcard. AEW is so small that unless you're feuding with Cody or the title, you're not really on top, and that's all I'm getting at. Everyone expected Kenny to be one of the main players in the title scene, but he's taken more losses and been a bit more in the background than others. But that's the thing about AEW: they seem to be giving spotlight to all parts of the roster, so just because a division or feud might not be on top, doesn't mean it can't be a highlight or get a main event spot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think you were just confused by the way I bunched it up. Also maybe getting too caught up on the word midcard. AEW is so small that unless you're feuding with Cody or the title, you're not really on top, and that's all I'm getting at. Everyone expected Kenny to be one of the main players in the title scene, but he's taken more losses and been a bit more in the background than others. But that's the thing about AEW: they seem to be giving spotlight to all parts of the roster, so just because a division or feud might not be on top, doesn't mean it can't be a highlight or get a main event spot.
    If we're looking specifically at the World title scene then ok I can get down with that. I thought he would be the first champion to be honest. It's a mistake if you ask me, fans including myself don't need AEW to try and play build a superstar. Use the top tier guys in top tier spots and don't try to spread out their "fame" too much because a lot of these guys are big in the hardcore wrestling bubble.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say that's more on the booking rather than the talent. It can flip towards the other side in a hurry and results will dictate that but it's still ambiguous now. The talent clearly raises a concern but nothing of substance has actually happened in a significant way since the Cody feud. Is that on the talent or is on the booking? The story may ultimately prove to say its the talent but for now it's the booking because they had something cooking for an angle with him and a tag team but it's evaporated...because it probably was seen as another recruitment angle and that's all the rage in AEW right now so that was the easiest one to drop lol.
    And I'm not saying anything about the talent, I'm talking 100% about the booking. That's all this is about. You can be a great wrestler, you can have all the mic skills in the world, but if you're being booked like shit well.....And right now, as a loose example, Shawn Spear is a guy who was floundering, he made the jump and people were like "oh he'll get used better let's see what AEW can do for him since there's room for growth, etc." and they're booking him just as bad if not worse than when he was the Perfect 10.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'm not saying anything about the talent, I'm talking 100% about the booking. That's all this is about. You can be a great wrestler, you can have all the mic skills in the world, but if you're being booked like shit well.....And right now, as a loose example, Shawn Spear is a guy who was floundering, he made the jump and people were like "oh he'll get used better let's see what AEW can do for him since there's room for growth, etc." and they're booking him just as bad if not worse than when he was the Perfect 10.
    Yup, and I'd say the NXT/USA merger came too late for a guy like him because he was a guy that was booked relatively well (not resoundingly great) in NXT and it just fell on deaf ears once he moved up. It was and generally has always been that way in NXT. You build around logic and if it makes sense. There would have been mileage to play him as a heel with the 10 gimmick but nothing happened. So far, the script is flipped and working in the favor of PAC (to me), so it again goes to what I said as the condition: the body of work has to progress in a manner that shows competence.

If I were a talent in the wrestling industry, if I could get the pay to a level where it's not that much different, I'd pick NXT over AEW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, and I'd say the NXT/USA merger came too late for a guy like him because he was a guy that was booked relatively well (not resoundingly great) in NXT and it just fell on deaf ears once he moved up. It was and generally has always been that way in NXT. You build around logic and if it makes sense. There would have been mileage to play him as a heel with the 10 gimmick but nothing happened. So far, the script is flipped and working in the favor of PAC (to me), so it again goes to what I said as the condition: the body of work has to progress in a manner that shows competence.

I always thought Shawn Spears was a catchphrase gimmick. He barely won in NXT, barely feuded with anyone, looked like a dumb ass, yet somehow married the future of women's wrestling Peyton Royce!!

PAC is thriving because WWE gave him a great gimmick and he's kept it going since he left which has made him an even bigger star. Had they just let him be what he was for 10 years, the tiny guy who looks amazing in the air and can sell like a beast, he'd be just another Young Buck.

And I'd love to throw Cody in the mix here but for one he didn't really get signed to AEW, he's a founder lol. And we all knew that once the door opened up a little more for him, he could deliver because he has been delivering since he helped induct his father into the HOF with that amazing speech when he was a blip on the radar in development. Cody is a guy who no doubt would be a top tier guy in WWE right now had he stuck around longer, he just didn't want to wait for that spot to open up and I don't blame him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I never once said they shouldn't bring in WWE talent. Go back and read the words I posted. Nowhere does it say "AEW shouldn't sign WWE talent" I said a specific type of talent did I not?

So your posts after that are all out of whack because you for some odd reason read . "The last thing they should be doing is seeing who the WWE doesn't have room to possibly make a bigger star and chance it with them because then it turns into TNA. as me saying AEW shouldn't sign any WWE talent. So you're comparisons and everything after confused the shit out of me because it sounded like you were implying that AEW made Jericho and Moxley bigger than they were in WWE, which is obviously not true at all. So no, I didn't miss your original point, you just didn't bother to properly read my last sentence and it fucked you all up lol. Yes, TNA brought in big names but they also took stupid chances trying to prove that WWE weren't the only hitmakers in the business.
    you have to be nuts to think that I actually said AEW made Jericho and Moxley bigger. when did i imply that

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you said this correct? Why is it the last thing they should be doing? You saying it's the last thing they should do pretty much implies that they should not sign WWE talent lol. If they are talented then they should bring them in. it's stupid otherwise

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have to be nuts to think that I actually said AEW made Jericho and Moxley bigger. when did i imply that
    Again, YOU were the one who fucked up the conversation not me by digesting my words as "AEW shouldn't sign any WWE talent". I never once said that, i said a specific type of talent, read below, for the 8th time.

you said this correct? Why is it the last thing they should be doing? You saying it's the last thing they should do pretty much implies that they should not sign WWE talent lol. If they are talented then they should bring them in. it's stupid otherwise
    I specifically said "seeing who the WWE doesn't have room to possibly make a bigger star and chance it" That isn't me saying "They shouldn't sign anyone from the WWE" I'm saying don't sign talent they THINK AEW can make a bigger player in wrestling than the WWE because it's a waste of time when they have nothing to base their creative skills on.

So yeah if Roman Reigns was available, snatch that dude up! But if Cesaro is available, don't go "Well let's try to make him a main eventer because the WWE obviously didn't know he could be one!" THAT is stupid. Focus on what you have, and what they have is pretty damn good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought Shawn Spears was a catchphrase gimmick. He barely won in NXT, barely feuded with anyone, looked like a dumb ass, yet somehow married the future of women's wrestling Peyton Royce!!

PAC is thriving because WWE gave him a great gimmick and he's kept it going since he left which has made him an even bigger star. Had they just let him be what he was for 10 years, the tiny guy who looks amazing in the air and can sell like a beast, he'd be just another Young Buck.

And I'd love to throw Cody in the mix here but for one he didn't really get signed to AEW, he's a founder lol. And we all knew that once the door opened up a little more for him, he could deliver because he has been delivering since he helped induct his father into the HOF with that amazing speech when he was a blip on the radar in development. Cody is a guy who no doubt would be a top tier guy in WWE right now had he stuck around longer, he just didn't want to wait for that spot to open up and I don't blame him.
    That will be on your tombstone. "He thought she was the future."
    Fair, but likely way wrong.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, YOU were the one who fucked up the conversation not me by digesting my words as "AEW shouldn't sign any WWE talent". I never once said that, i said a specific type of talent, read below, for the 8th time.

I specifically said "seeing who the WWE doesn't have room to possibly make a bigger star and chance it" That isn't me saying "They shouldn't sign anyone from the WWE" I'm saying don't sign talent they THINK AEW can make a bigger player in wrestling than the WWE because it's a waste of time when they have nothing to base their creative skills on.

So yeah if Roman Reigns was available, snatch that dude up! But if Cesaro is available, don't go "Well let's try to make him a main eventer because the WWE obviously didn't know he could be one!" THAT is stupid.
    I think Cesaro has potential to be a top guy. I think Zayn has the potential to be a top guy. Zayn has the mic skills, he isn't smaller than guys like Jericho, Moxley, and Cody and is a great worker. I don't see why they can't be in the uppercard to provide depth?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That will be on your tombstone. "He thought she was the future."
    Fair, but likely way wrong.
    lol.

Well maybe if she signs with AEW they'll see my vision lol.

I think Cesaro has potential to be a top guy. I think Zayn has the potential to be a top guy. Zayn has the mic skills, he isn't smaller than guys like Jericho, Moxley, and Cody and is a great worker. I don't see why they can't be in the uppercard to provide depth?
    In WWE or AEW?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol.

Well maybe if she signs with AEW they'll see my vision lol.
    She does fit the general type of their female division in terms of acumen, so there is that.
    To avoid confusion, I think she's just alright as a wrestler.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In WWE or AEW?
    Well the WWE is more crowded in the main event scene obviously. I think they have all the skills to get there if they got the push and creative backing. So if they went to AEW and were able to work with Omega, Cody, Pac, etc. I don't see why they can't be established at the top of the card. I am not saying come in and main event the first ppv but they can definitely have more of a role in AEW.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is there any AEW talent that would thrive in WWE

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booked properly? Yeah.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She does fit the general type of their female division in terms of acumen, so there is that.
    To avoid confusion, I think she's just alright as a wrestler.
    Trish Stratus was alright, Sable was alright, Lita was alright, Becky and Ronda=alright.... Peyton being alright is good enough for me. Delicious.

Well the WWE is more crowded in the main event scene obiously. I think they have all the skills to get there if they got the push and creative backing. So if they went to AEW and were able to work with Omega, Cody, Pac, etc. I don't see why they can't be established at the top of the card. I am not saying come in and main event the first ppv but they can definitely have more of a role in AEW.
    And that all goes back to me saying AEW doesn't have the track record to make me think they can pull it off. I mean yeah you could stick Titus in there with Omega, PAC, and Cody, call it the main event over and over, but is he going to deliver? Does AEW have anyone they can go "Ok we took this misguided talent and made him a top guy" No they don't. They're trying with Adam Page it seems but that's not exactly making any of us wet between the legs.

That's why I'm saying they shouldn't worry about that stuff, seeing who in WWE is being held down and how they can do them right by booking them better. Because Shawn Spears, despite how YOU personally feel about him, he was a guy that without argument people were saying he would be better of in AEW for all the reasons you're giving me about Cesaro, Sami, and whoever else lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booked properly? Yeah.
    Booked properly by who? AEW? Based on what?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on how they're used. I wouldn't even limit that to talent that you might find being booked like shit. Could Daniel Bryan thrive in AEW? Of course he could. How about Braun Strowman? Definitely. It just depends on the company's direction. Look at Jack Swagger.....He sucks lol. Is he "thriving" in AEW? No. He's just another WWE guy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trish Stratus was alright, Sable was alright, Lita was alright, Becky and Ronda=alright.... Peyton being alright is good enough for me. Delicious.

And that all goes back to me saying AEW doesn't have the track record to make me think they can pull it off. I mean yeah you could stick Titus in there with Omega, PAC, and Cody, call it the main event over and over, but is he going to deliver? Does AEW have anyone they can go "Ok we took this misguided talent and made him a top guy" No they don't. They're trying with Adam Page it seems but that's not exactly making any of us wet between the legs.

That's why I'm saying they shouldn't worry about that stuff, seeing who in WWE is being held down and how they can do them right by booking them better. Because Shawn Spears, despite how YOU personally feel about him, he was a guy that without argument people were saying he would be better of in AEW for all the reasons you're giving me about Cesaro, Sami, and whoever else lol.
    You talked about six lovely women...yet you used 'Adam Page' and 'wet between the legs' together as a foundation for sentence structure. Just wanted to make sure that was made clear lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booked properly by who? AEW? Based on what?
    He asked if AEW talent could thrive in WWE. If they were AEW talent that was suddenly moved and booked by WWE talent in WWE, I can see some guys who would thrive. That would require understanding a wide variety of things which can get funneled down to a simple saying as booked properly. Based on what? The history that shows they (WWE) are capable of it. They also have a history of showing they can bungle it, too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You talked about six lovely women...yet you used 'Adam Page' and 'wet between the legs' together as a foundation for sentence structure. Just wanted to make sure that was made clear lol.
    Of course I did, it's 2020 don't be so 2018.

IT'S MA'AM!!!

He asked if AEW talent could thrive in WWE. If they were AEW talent that was suddenly moved and booked by WWE talent in WWE, I can see some guys who would thrive. That would require understanding a wide variety of things which can get funneled down to a simple saying as booked properly. Based on what? The history that shows they (WWE) are capable of it. They also have a history of showing they can bungle it, too.
    Ah shit I read that wrong. PurePlayer infected me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course I did, it's 2020 don't be so 2018.

IT'S MA'AM!!!

I just thought it was a humorous placement of lines lol.

And that's unfortunate, but my point still stands on the booking.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me answer this properly. Definitely. Most of the talent that are solid in AEW were either solid in WWE already, or have showcased in other promotions as well as AEW that they're talent to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

I just thought it was a humorous placement of lines lol.

And that's unfortunate, but my point still stands on the booking.
    I mean, it's been probably 20 years, I think the movie Showgirls, where I wasn't even touched and had to change lol

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didn't infect anyone lol. I gave a couple examples and you come back with Shawn Spears and Titus as comparisons why? I didn't say just anyone can come from WWE to AEW and be a main eventer. Sounds like you are reading things incorrectly here.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didn't infect anyone lol. I gave a couple examples and you come back with Shawn Spears and Titus as comparisons why? I didn't say just anyone can come from WWE to AEW and be a main eventer. Sounds like you are reading things incorrectly here.
    No that was all you by initially thinking my last sentence said they shouldn't sign ANYONE from WWE. Never said that. So when you threw out Jericho and Ambrose, it ruined the conversation because you thought I said something completely different than what was actually posted.....

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No that was all you by initially thinking my last sentence said they shouldn't sign ANYONE from WWE. Never said that. So when you threw out Jericho and Ambrose, it ruined the conversation because you thought I said something completely different than what was actually posted.....
    You said it was the LAST THING they should do. Sorry I read into that. So yeah not everyone can thrive moving from WWE to AEW but I am pretty certain there a few than can. I definitely think Luke Harper is one of them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said it was the LAST THING they should do. Sorry I read into that. So yeah not everyone can thrive moving from WWE to AEW but I am pretty certain there a few than can. I definitely think Luke Harper is one of them.
    I said the last thing they should do is try to outdue WWE booking when AEW has no track record of making talent that was floundering awesome. I get that sometimes it's difficult to admit you misread something, I literally did the same thing AND admitted to misreading it in this very thread yesterday with something Donald said.

Going off that and back to the thing about Harper you're saying, MAYBE. Because what people find cool about him is all based on what the WWE portrayed him as. So if he goes to AEW and just does the same shit WWE were giving him just with a smaller roster, idk if it'll be any better than what he was doing prior.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, read my post. I said sorry I read into that. Learn to read bud.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, read my post. I said sorry I read into that. Learn to read bud.
    Yes, you finally admitted you read it wrong, I was just pointing out that I get that it's hard to admit that lol. Fuck you are sensitive

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see what's wrong with trying to build the current roster as opposed to waiting on WWE talent to dip out and become available. Let's elevate some guys first.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Looks great, looking forward to this one. I love it when shows have unique venues/sets etc. In less than a year AEW have already had more of those than WWE has had in much longer.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    On a cruise with other fat wrestling nerds does not seem like my idea of a good time

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    love the set. heard spoilers for about the first half of the show, sounds really good.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.si.com/wrestling/2020/01...act-status-aew

before the g1 started last year, if you woulda told me i'd be HYPED for the possibility of lance archer in AEW, i wouldnt have believed ya. archer and mox going nuts for the AEW title heading into the summer would be wonderful.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    https://www.si.com/wrestling/2020/01...act-status-aew

before the g1 started last year, if you woulda told me i'd be HYPED for the possibility of lance archer in AEW, i wouldnt have believed ya. archer and mox going nuts for the AEW title heading into the summer would be wonderful.
    He was absolutely a standout in the G1. For anyone to do that and enter the thing as pretty much an afterthought, considering his age, is impressive. I'd like to see him in a different setting, in America, to see what he can do with whatever time he has left.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOYT HOYT HOYT

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I'm all for Archer in AEW. He was a revelation last year at the age of 42 and one of the highlights of the G1. And what's more, AEW needs more big lads.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    they badly need a big man who works a big man style. should push him as a main eventer right away. dustin rhodes vs. lance archer world title main event??? a man can dream.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    There's a load of bigger guys they should be looking at imo. Harper hopefully. Jacob Fatu for sure (although presumably WWE will get there first), DBS Jr. and Hammerstone from MLW, Brody King from ROH (contract supposedly expires soon), Dylan James from AJPW, Odinson & Parrow for the tag division.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    they badly need a big man who works a big man style. should push him as a main eventer right away. dustin rhodes vs. lance archer world title main event??? a man can dream.
    Then don't sign Archer because he hasn't worked a big man style ever in his career. Dude is doing 450 splashes and corkscrew dives and half his in-ring moves were invented by Kid Kash.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight on AEW Wednesday Night...

We're "live" from Chris Jericho's World Famous "Chris Jericho's Rock N' Wrestling Rager At Sea"!

Tonight...

"Hangman" Adam Page and Kenny Omega vs. SCU - For The AEW Tag-Team Titles

Dr. Britt Baker DDS vs. Priscilla Kelly

The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho, Santana, and Ortiz) vs. The Jurassic Express

MJF vs. Joey Janela

John Moxley vs. PAC

(No spoilers here. But it sounds like a good one. Figure 4 Weekly already had a 25 minute long section of their podcast talking about the show tonight for free on their Youtube. So the results aren't exactly secret.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost wish AEW had Kevin Nash booked for this show to defend his "Cannonball Champion of The World" title from WCW.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We're on an awesome cruise this week. Next week... Ohio! The week after... Alabama!"

That's like going from the big house to the outhouse to the bushes behind the outhouse.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three of the best wrestlers in AEW in the ring right now.

... and Kenny Olivier.

- - - Updated - - -

Omega throws punches like a guy who just woke up with hands for the first time this morning.