Results 12,301 to 12,400 of 15623

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Nash....Nash......Nash.....You can't just link to wrestling twitter. You have to BE wrestling twitter to know wrestling twitter.
    Sounds like some Fight Club bullshit.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Sounds like some Fight Club bullshit.
    No, you're definitely allowed to talk about it.

In fact, it's basically a requirement. Really have to commit to it being that basis of how you evaluate all fan reception, performer interactions, and storyline creation.

Fortunately, knowing every anti-AEW opinion is a bot makes it a LOT easier to sort through.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you're definitely allowed to talk about it.

In fact, it's basically a requirement. Really have to commit to it being that basis of how you evaluate all fan reception, performer interactions, and storyline creation.

Fortunately, knowing every anti-AEW opinion is a bot makes it a LOT easier to sort through.
    It really does when you think about it. You know, maybe Vince should've spent that 3 million on more bots instead of hookers.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He just has Johnny Ace make a lot of burner accounts. He's old school, like Durant.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    bobby fish is by far the best member of UE

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    bobby fish is by far the best member of UE
    He's also one of the most injury prone wrestlers which has prevented Fish from realizing his full potential. I've always liked what he was about and then boom, knee injury out for 12 months. It's been that way for a long time unfortunately.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish he would make different mustache choices.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I really want to know is how much fish could Bobby Fish fry is Bobby Fish could fry fish?

I’ll go with 17.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish he would make different mustache choices.
    Oh man that's what makes Bob so good though. The curly stache game. He's the only one that has been able to pull it off imo since the 40's. Simon Botch, not so much.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Mrs. Mazer is in the room, and she happens to be paying attention when AEW is on, and also it happens to be Bobby Fish.....She's going to have theories about what type of character he's portraying based on the mustache, and she will not believe that it's not part of his character.

So what I'm saying is it's happened once. But I can't rule out that it won't happen again.

At least Gotch's mustache choice was "in character".

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s maybe no real rhyme or reason to it other than to stand out.

I’ve seen an early pic of him on Reddit from the indies with no beard and long hair and he’s so bland. Think he definitely made the right call changing.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't know that the mustache is stopping Bobby Fish from coming across as having a bland personality.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't know that the mustache is stopping Bobby Fish from coming across as having a bland personality.
    Him and Cole were/are leagues above KOR and Strong in the personality department though.

Maybe you could give Fish a top hat and monacle turning him into a moustache-twirling villain who kidnaps people and tie them to the railway tracks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone watched ROH when Fish was TV champion and some of those ReDragon promos that he was doing, you definitely know why he could've been more. The knees, the shoulders, fuck knows what else, that's what has held him back.

Adam Cole...I shit on him and I'm not a fan at all but I think KOR and Roddy could've learned a thing or two from him. Cole just seems like a guy who is the default settings of what would get you by in the WWE. I mean even Vince and his crew-if we're to believe the rumors-didn't see him as much more than what they see in LA Knight. And LA Knight didn't get shit in NXT compared to Cole Bay Bay.

The WWE's lover for Roderick Strong is fucking mindblowing. He's one of those guys that make you go, you know, if NXT 2.0 was really about wiping the slate clean why is Roderick Strong not only still around but the leader of a stable?? He has to be a Shawn guy. No doubt he's smooth in the ring but even in Ring of Honor they had him leading a stable and it never made sense. He doesn't have that in-ring charisma, that intensity you would see in a Dean Malenko or Lance Storm. But even Lance Storm proved in ECW and WCW that he can get it done on the mic (never understood WWE's desire to keep him silent but hey they also didn't want Austin to cut promos........)

KOR.....Personally not a fan of him as a person. That goes back to some Davey Richards nonsense. As a wrestler, he's another guy who just kind of does whatever is the standard. Not very good on the mic, another guy pushed pretty hard everywhere he goes. Even AEW has positioned him as a credible singles wrestler. But he's plain. In-ring style is alright but you could watch an Asuka match and literally see everything he does only better.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly did not have Bobby above the other 2 in personality.

Do other people rank him higher for personality?

I mean, the look definitely would fit that more. Robber Baron Bobby Fish

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Roddy Strong, basically I think they needed some vets. And while there's a low ceiling with Roddy, you also know where the floor is. You can put him with people you like, and he's good enough to do some of the work while they get their feet under him. I think the stable is throwing Roddy the bone of keeping him engaged while he's going to be asked to put people over, and he has to understand he's not getting a main roster run.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always liked O'Reilly as a tag guy and think he can shine in the occasional singles match. I remember he had a match with Eddie Edwards at Glory by Honor on 2011/12 and it was pretty fire. But he's got a ceiling and the moment they actually try to push him, I lose interest fast.

I didn't think much of Fish because I didn't see his stuff in ROH before reDRagon, but I agree he was the better talker when they did promos. I think he's had the better record of quality singles matches in AEW so far.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Roddy Strong, basically I think they needed some vets. And while there's a low ceiling with Roddy, you also know where the floor is. You can put him with people you like, and he's good enough to do some of the work while they get their feet under him. I think the stable is throwing Roddy the bone of keeping him engaged while he's going to be asked to put people over, and he has to understand he's not getting a main roster run.
    I agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I've always liked O'Reilly as a tag guy and think he can shine in the occasional singles match. I remember he had a match with Eddie Edwards at Glory by Honor on 2011/12 and it was pretty fire. But he's got a ceiling and the moment they actually try to push him, I lose interest fast.

I didn't think much of Fish because I didn't see his stuff in ROH before reDRagon, but I agree he was the better talker when they did promos. I think he's had the better record of quality singles matches in AEW so far.
    Yeah I don't even know what Fish was doing prior to teaming with KOR other than I think working in All-Japan, maybe NOAH and then floating around the indies. Saw a lot of Redragon v. Briscoes and Young Bucks, and there was another team I'm too lazy to look up maybe Time Splitters? Right around the time ROH and New Japan's relationship was really blossoming.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Dark Order had a hard time finding the Forbidden Door. Hangman was nice enough to give them a map. He's such a good friend

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's incredible.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish we had someone in this group going to Dynamite this week. Would love to hear how they react to this week in WWE off camera.

Tony is probably skipping down the Hall and doing high 5s with Justin Roberts.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hate justin roberts

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donald, a man like Justin Roberts can fill your heart with hatred. But it will never be enough. Because Justin Roberts just has a void where his soul should be.

That's why they got so mad when Daniel Bryan choked him. They didn't want you to know that Justin Roberts was already dead.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish we had someone in this group going to Dynamite this week. Would love to hear how they react to this week in WWE off camera.

Probably not considering Vince and the WWE have beaten worse. Plus Caster already did a little diss on them on Rampage talking about having to sign an NDA and the tiny "ohhh" that followed.

Man that crowd was fucking weak for Dynamite and Rampage. I just watched Rampage last night and man it was pathetic. The crowd blew their wad on the hair v. hair match. Both shows were not very good. I was happy to see Dante Martin. That's the guy BCC should've taken under their wing since everyone else kept fumbling. Who knows maybe he's next.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I hate justin roberts
    this

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jaaaaaaaaaaaaan Moxley lol

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Probably not considering Vince and the WWE have beaten worse. Plus Caster already did a little diss on them on Rampage talking about having to sign an NDA and the tiny "ohhh" that followed.

Man that crowd was fucking weak for Dynamite and Rampage. I just watched Rampage last night and man it was pathetic. The crowd blew their wad on the hair v. hair match. Both shows were not very good. I was happy to see Dante Martin. That's the guy BCC should've taken under their wing since everyone else kept fumbling. Who knows maybe he's next.
    Yeah. Crowd was not into things as much during Rampage. That first match was really good but yeah we were a little dead for it but picked back up through parts of the rest of the taping. Also part of the crowd left as soon as Dynamite was over. I would like to see Dante in BCC. I meant to watch Dark Elevation last night to listen to the crowd in some of the matches that had local talent. We were chanting like crazy for Tootie Lynn even though we knew she was going to get squashed. I haven't watched all of Dynamite or Rampage yet either.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There was a MJF chant between matches at the Rampage taping. The ring announcer would talk to the crowd and ask questions and what not and someone said something about MJF and she made a crack about you don't want him or something. I don't remember exactly. Either way that started an MJF chant. Surprised coke man Khan didn't come out after that to say something.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Yeah. Crowd was not into things as much during Rampage. That first match was really good but yeah we were a little dead for it but picked back up through parts of the rest of the taping. Also part of the crowd left as soon as Dynamite was over. I would like to see Dante in BCC. I meant to watch Dark Elevation last night to listen to the crowd in some of the matches that had local talent. We were chanting like crazy for Tootie Lynn even though we knew she was going to get squashed. I haven't watched all of Dynamite or Rampage yet either.
    Yeah it literally felt like someone amped you guys up prior to Dynamite going on air and then 3/4 through the opener the crowd was dying and by the next segment, nobody gave a shit about anything.

That ladder match....by the crowd reaction it was like watching it in Japan. Motherfuckers are doing all this wild shit and you got a couple fans clapping. I'll also say this, shout out to the Young Cucks for staying injury free for so long.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be there
    And that's what I appreciate about you.

Always stepping up.

Looking forward to the rundown.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait for Tony Khan v. Scott Steiner stat wars.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a really fun show so far. Crowd's been alive for more than I expected(though was a bit muted during the main event). Ya boi had to make a bathroom break and of course I missed Okada

I'm here with both my partners and it's my boyfriend's first time being at a wrestling event and he's already lost his voice. Rampage up next!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rampage Spoiler

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian was such a scumbag……loved it!

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a really fun show so far. Crowd's been alive for more than I expected(though was a bit muted during the main event). Ya boi had to make a bathroom break and of course I missed Okada

I'm here with both my partners and it's my boyfriend's first time being at a wrestling event and he's already lost his voice. Rampage up next!
    No tony vs. WWE shade between sessions?

Glad you 3 had a good time.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Glad you guys had a great time. Was Tony snorting coke again? He was super hyper every time he came out last week.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    forbidden door card definitely looks more appealing after last night. but i'd be a LOT more interested in a straight up okada/page singles match than the four way.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would have rather seen Switchblade and Cole just because that is something we haven't seen before. Page has wrestled Okada and Switchblade before over in New Japan. The four way is fine though.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    forbidden door card definitely looks more appealing after last night. but i'd be a LOT more interested in a straight up okada/page singles match than the four way.
    Same. I'm just hoping this is the beginning of more. I need Hangman/Okada with Hangman where he's at right now

Hoping for Claudio/ZSJ

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No tony vs. WWE shade between sessions?

Glad you 3 had a good time.
    Tony was on his best behavior it seemed. He made a comment about last time they had Rampage in Milwaukee it was a good rating and thanks everybody. He also came out to hype the main event dark match, but we went ahead and left to try and beat traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Glad you guys had a great time. Was Tony snorting coke again? He was super hyper every time he came out last week.
    Like I said above, he was actually pretty calm and speaking at a slow tone. Must be stressful week for the Khanman

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My daughter and her friend were snapping each other back and forth during the show because her friend was in a different section than we were. They both kept making cracks about how strung out he was.

You left before it was over? What's up with that? Traffic. Whatever.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same. I'm just hoping this is the beginning of more. I need Hangman/Okada with Hangman where he's at right now

Hoping for Claudio/ZSJ
    Oh God yes please!

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm torn between wanting to get Claudio back on tv, and wanting AEW to stop signing people.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Same here. They have signed a lot and even with rotating people around there is good talent getting lost in the shuffle.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a very good point as their roster is bloated. I want to see him though even if it means getting him as Swiss back on UUDD. Though he wouldn’t work, could still see him every Wednesday.

Either way I want my Swiss fix!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hope it's Strowman

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Hope it's Strowman
    Maybe it’s Nese.

Btw if you’re not that new NesetotheFace account I’ve noticed, I’ll be sorely disappointed. If you are then please let him be mods.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Maybe it’s Nese.

Btw if you’re not that new NesetotheFace account I’ve noticed, I’ll be sorely disappointed. If you are then please let him be mods.
    It should be Nese, after all he's the greatest wrestler on the AEW roster.

Sorry to disappoint you, but my days of creating new accounts are long over.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to know what talent they are "rotating"? It seems like they've made it crystal clear who is enhancement talent and who is a priority. They have 20 stables so that gets about half their roster tv time on one if not both shows just by standing there. That's not a knock either, it works sometimes.

Right now it's a little over the top because they're incorporating the New Japan guys so it's even crazier with "new" talent showing up.

But I imagine once Forbidden Door is over with we'll see even more talent show up. Not talent that they've been rotating, that's a myth. But newly signed talent. Just read the ticker during Dynamite and Rampage. There's not much rotation when the same people on the 2 main shows are also kicking everyone's ass that isn't on the main 2 shows. When was the last time Sonny Kiss was on Dynamite? When was the last time Bear Country picked up a win on Rampage?

The problem will be when these jobbers maybe one day get a push they'll get met with a "huh? when did this guy become good he's been a jobber for 2 years?" I'm not going to mention any names because I'm sick of wheeling out the deathblows.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well tbf there was no sign of Wardlow this week (I haven’t seen the Rampage spoilers) but did think how prominently he’s been featured up til now challenge for the TNT title it was a bit odd he wasn’t seen but that could be because they’re promoting Forbidden Door more so not unsure if that is simply down to rotation.

Christian was the best part of the episode IMO. Great long-term callback with Jungle Boy eliminating him in the Casino Battle Royale last year which I’d personally forgotten about and how Luchasaurus is going to fit in after Christian talked him down. I’m personally looking forward to how that develops.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I saw something about KOR and Fish being injured, Seems they have a lot of injuries at the moment unfortunately.

People saying Cesaro, Is he definitely done with WWE because I sear I read something that he may stay, but I may have imagined it tbf

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I saw something about KOR and Fish being injured, Seems they have a lot of injuries at the moment unfortunately.

People saying Cesaro, Is he definitely done with WWE because I sear I read something that he may stay, but I may have imagined it tbf
    As far as I know/have seen online about Cesaro he has a hefty price tag for Indy bookings (grain of salt on dirtsheets here) but haven’t seen anything committing himself one way or the other otherwise. Could be he has his nest egg just now and wants a break.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well tbf there was no sign of Wardlow this week (I haven’t seen the Rampage spoilers) but did think how prominently he’s been featured up til now challenge for the TNT title it was a bit odd he wasn’t seen but that could be because they’re promoting Forbidden Door more so not unsure if that is simply down to rotation.

Christian was the best part of the episode IMO. Great long-term callback with Jungle Boy eliminating him in the Casino Battle Royale last year which I’d personally forgotten about and how Luchasaurus is going to fit in after Christian talked him down. I’m personally looking forward to how that develops.
    1 guy. That wasn't on 1 show. Wow. I guess that's rotating. Someone is gone 1 week, but then back the next=rotation.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 guy. That wasn't on 1 show. Wow. I guess that's rotating. Someone is gone 1 week, but then back the next=rotation.
    Calm down, I’m just playing Devil’s Advocate for a bit to be interesting. Was just pointing out the first week in a while he hasn’t been featured so could maybe the start of some rotating but we don’t know enough.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calm down, I’m just playing Devil’s Advocate for a bit to be interesting. Was just pointing out the first week in a while he hasn’t been featured so could maybe the start of some rotating but we don’t know enough.
    Calm down we don't always need a rebuttal especially one that doesn't make much sense.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calm down we don't always need a rebuttal especially one that doesn't make much sense.
    I was merely being hypothetical and one example. The one week they may could be rotating Wardlow for not being featured. Not seriously suggesting that’s what they’re actually doing with him and even gave an alternative explanation. Just a scenario.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't think anyone is talking about how they rotate one or two guys every other week here and there. Especially for a special joint ppv. Now if Wardlow doesn't show up for another month or 2 and he's jobbing on Dark while "5" gets a push, I could see that being a rotation of talent. One guy getting slotted into another guy's spot to give everyone a shot. But we're not seeing that. Wardlow is in a storyline for fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wish they'd rotate Jericho out. Hate that guy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wardlow was in a taped segment, reiterating he’s going after the TNT championship. It was on Dynamite, just brief.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Wardlow was in a taped segment, reiterating he’s going after the TNT championship. It was on Dynamite, just brief.
    Fair enough I somehow missed that segment during my FiteTV recording which has the annoying habit of kicking me out for pausing for more than 5 minutes and have to restart on my PS.

Was just pointing out it did seem unusual he wasn’t featured in the ring like normal so maybe rotating him but not to look hard into.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough I somehow missed that segment during my FiteTV recording which has the annoying habit of kicking me out for pausing for more than 5 minutes and have to restart on my PS.

Was just pointing out it did seem unusual he wasn’t featured in the ring like normal so maybe rotating him but not to look hard into.
    Meh, I don’t know about unusual in the sense they’re promoting a PPV and there’s no timeline when the match with Sky is going to happen. They’re just keeping it in the mind’s eye, like Joe/Lethal, and then advertising a bunch of different stuff. It’s a balancing act that’s probably too much right now but they’re trying, I guess.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Meh, I don’t know about unusual in the sense they’re promoting a PPV and there’s no timeline when the match with Sky is going to happen. They’re just keeping it in the mind’s eye, like Joe/Lethal, and then advertising a bunch of different stuff. It’s a balancing act that’s probably too much right now but they’re trying, I guess.
    I did point out earlier that maybe due to the PPV promotion they weren’t promoting him too heavily as they need to promote the card but (due to something I now know I’ve missed) he wasn’t featured as heavily like usual so thought he could’ve been at least a bit rotated this week.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ishii injured and out of the fatal four way. clark connors in. definitely disappointing, but thankfully it can still be a great match.

i hope the next joint show they do gets a longer leash for feuds and matches to flesh out a bit. the new japan guys aren't going to be able to be there every week, but segments or promos to air on weekly AEW tv or even their youtube would be welcome. they'll also hopefully be in a better spot with injuries, too.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forbidden Door card is pretty stacked. Should be a fun show.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering the big injury bug going around lately well in both AEW and WWE, still intrigued to see what they do. Jungle Boy’s the latest to join the injury list and Adam Cole may or may not make it

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    annnnnnnnd hiromu has a fever and couldn't make it to the states, so the eight man tag is now just a trios match.

this whole month has been a shitshow.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the door really was forbidden. We thought it was all marketing, but it turns out they've disturbed the cosmic balance lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why didn't he fly to US sooner than The Day Before? 2-3 days prior, and this might have been avoided!

Really wanted to see Hiromu and Sting!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People keep talking about the injury but hitting AEW but in all fairness...who's injured that matters other than Danielson and Punk? You still have the core AEW roster, you have pretty much everyone from WWE that was released that they signed in the last year.

It's just the card itself. It's all over the place. The only match that worked out for the better was Moxley v. Tanahashi. Love the story of Mox chasing Tanahashi and by circumstance Mox finally gets Ace.

But seriously look at this card. Why is Ropongi Vice in the winner take all tag title match? How are you going to wait until the last second to have Okada show up and be part of the show? NJPW's John Cena just thrown in a match. I would love to know how much time and effort was put into this show in terms of the booking. I loved Starrcade 1995, there wasn't very much story between NJPW and WCW other than if NJPW won, they would get half of WCW or some shit I can't remember someone ask Sonny Ono.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    man, dax gets injured ON the show. this show is cursed.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man, dax gets injured ON the show. this show is cursed.
    lol you bought that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it was a topical work. the double suplerplex followed by cash's splash was the perfect ending to that match. too often in AEW a match will come to the PERFECT ending but then keep going for several minutes.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this show has been fan fucking tastic.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, that was a weird finish on TV too, right?

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, that was a weird finish on TV too, right?
    yeah, something was real off.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that was a really awesome show. flew by, too. only real bad mark was the finish to the iwgp title match, which was obviously some kinda fuck up or audible. oc vs ospreay was my match of the night, and the whole post match with shibata made me wee.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell of a show to be there live for. The crowd was pretty hot for almost everything. All the matches delivered outside of that awkward finish. The New Japan dudes were hella over, especially the bigger names. And we had a blast.

Couple live notes: someone got in a fight in the crowd during the main event, and the first person who got pulled out punched one of the security guards lol. That's why the crowd was distracted and chanting "you fucked up"

After the show, Tony came out and brought out -1 to address the crowd. Which I guess was just Tony doing a nice thing with a packed crowd, and the audience played along and bought into it, but I thought it was kinda weird to do at the cross-promotional show. Mox cut a promo afterward and maybe might have had a concussion or something the way he was talking, but it's very clear that he loves pro wrestling and loved the night.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Fucking excellent show, Weird finish to the 4 way and 'Dynamite like' show close aside.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it was a really good show. lots of awesome stuff on it for sure. every single match except the main event felt bloated to me, they all went at least a couple minutes too long and tried to cram in too much stuff. lots of matches hit what felt to me their peak and had a perfect ending, but then kept going because they just had to have a dozen more spots and nearfalls. but that's almost always how i feel about AEW main card PPV matches. to me the opener was the main offender here -- if it ended about 5 minutes sooner, it would have been incredible.

the sting/darby six man tag was probably my favorite match of the night. the four way was the clear low point of the show. the ending was a dud for reasons beyond their control, but even the match itself never grabbed me up until then.

very glad to see claudio in AEW, lots of interesting matches.

edit: maybe not every single match, but most.
    Last edited by Tainted Eclipse; June 27th, 2022 at 8:50 AM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's because I was there, but every match flew by for me

I also loved the 4-way before the ending

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it is.

I read a post on IG last night, actually many, where people said "Now everyone will see the real Claudio!" So I was like, ok, the guy that nobody prior to WWE saw anything beyond the Marty of the KOW team or a lackey in a stable of nobodies? Like the man didn't produce a single good thing in WWE.

I'm very excited to see him wrestle on tv again IDGAF who it's for. He's one of the best utility guys of all time. Tony hugs him now but he probably hugged Keith Lee the same way.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I also loved the 4-way before the ending
    That's what she said.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Of course it is.

I read a post on IG last night, actually many, where people said "Now everyone will see the real Claudio!" So I was like, ok, the guy that nobody prior to WWE saw anything beyond the Marty of the KOW team or a lackey in a stable of nobodies? Like the man didn't produce a single good thing in WWE.

I'm very excited to see him wrestle on tv again IDGAF who it's for. He's one of the best utility guys of all time. Tony hugs him now but he probably hugged Keith Lee the same way.
    This is fair actually, Turn of the year I swear TK said he was going to ease back on signings. I mean I love Cesaro/Claudio but the men's Roster has to be in triple digits at this points.

Are they planning on running ROH as a separate entity? Because that would help.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    And by that I mean there own show etc, Not a quarterly event.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    *their

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is fair actually, Turn of the year I swear TK said he was going to ease back on signings. I mean I love Cesaro/Claudio but the men's Roster has to be in triple digits at this points.

Are they planning on running ROH as a separate entity? Because that would help.
    They're going to run their own events, like Death Before Dishonor in July. They had one show already, back in March during Mania weekend. IIRC, they're still working on what to do for weekly TV options.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Forbidden Door was so much fun. The show was littered with great moments and I found just about every match engaging. The IWGP title 4-way and the women's title match less so than the rest which were all pretty great.

When I heard Hiromu was out and I saw Dax get injured I was convinced the show was cursed - brilliant moment when Dax came back out. It's great that they managed to put together such a memorable show with none of Punk, Omega, Danielson, MJF, Wardlow, Joe, Naito, Ibushi, Ishii, KENTA or Hiromu there. In that sense the depth they have worked in their favour but moving forward a separate ROH promotion would really help.

When I've watched New Japan lately I've found it very stale but they came out of this looking pretty strong. Their big stars came off like superstars and the likes of Umino & Clark Connors had very good showings.
    Last edited by Ringo; June 28th, 2022 at 2:04 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Not seen the main event yet, but that was a top, top show. Orange and Ospreay was so much fun. I loved the opener too, despite the ridiculous over the top near falls. Makes perfect sense for Wednesday and the BCC getting their big win.

Sting, man. My gosh. What a dude. Must love working there to be throwing himself about the way he does at 60ish.

Did ZSJ call someone a "cunt" in the front row or did my ears deceive me? I had earphones in, so my hearing was on point.

Very pleased for Pac. Deserves that moment.

CLAUDIO!!!

Was drifting off during the 4 way IWGP title match, but even so, the match wasn't drawing me in too much. Didn't have too much interest. That said, the match was fine, shame about the ending.

Haven't seen the main event yet, but this was the one match I saw a spoiler for, so will watch this later. Plus I thought the outcome of this one was fairly predictable.

Great show, loved it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't Starrcade 1995 but it was good. I didn't think the card suffered from losing certain people. Personally I think Moxley v. Tanahashi is a better story, better match probably than what Punk and Tanahashi would've brought to the table. I mean, how often did CM Punk even tour Japan? He sure does like to tour from the comfort of his own home when building his move list. And I'm a Punk mark which is why I mention these things.

The best part of the night was seeing ultra Christian Sting Borden no-sell the superkicks of God's favorite tag-team. It was like the movie Dogma and Sting was Alanis. But with a penis.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best part of the night was seeing ultra Christian Sting Borden no-sell the superkicks of God's favorite tag-team. It was like the movie Dogma and Sting was Alanis. But with a penis.
    Who is the Matt Damon in this scenario?

Linda Fiorentino?

Chris Rock?

Salma?

Because we both know Kahn is George Carlin.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is the Matt Damon in this scenario?

Linda Fiorentino?

Chris Rock?

Salma?

Because we both know Kahn is George Carlin.
    The fuck he is and I will gladly accept your resignation good sir.

lol

Matt Damon would be Nick Jackson and obviously Ben is Matt because neither shut the fuck up.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't see Kahn selling "Buddy Punk"

GTFO

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't see Kahn selling "Buddy Punk"

GTFO
    George Carlin is rolling over his grave as we speak. If Khan is anyone in that movie it's probably one of the suits that get killed by Loki.

Buddy Punk lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think Vince ever hugged Cesaro the way Tony hugged Claudio?

"Brothers don't shake hands brothers gotta hug!"

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think Vince ever hugged Cesaro the way Tony hugged Claudio?

"Brothers don't shake hands brothers gotta hug!"
    Daniel Bryan, yes.

That's right. I said "Daniel Bryan"

if I were to rank the most probable Buddy AEW figures, it would be:

Buddy Punk
    Buddy Omega
    Buddy Matt Jackson
    Buddy Nick Jackson
    Buddy John Silver

when really, Buddy Luchasaurus would be the best figure.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Daniel Bryan, yes.

That's right. I said "Daniel Bryan"

if I were to rank the most probable Buddy AEW figures, it would be:

Buddy Punk
    Buddy Omega
    Buddy Matt Jackson
    Buddy Nick Jackson
    Buddy John Silver

when really, Buddy Luchasaurus would be the best figure.
    Are you a big Buddy Matthews fan?