User Tag List

Page 8 of 156 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nope, he's in there. he's part of the nightmare family.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Interesting. I know nothing of the build but am ordering anyway, Because wrestling

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    If anyone was still considering going, I've got two tickets I'm selling (no longer going). You can just PM me if you're interesting in buying them.
    Bumping this on the new page.

Two tickets, aisle seats, section 16. Selling at face value and will ship them overnight via FedEx with no extra charge for the shipping.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 13th, 2019 at 2:55 PM.

Trampoline Cosplay Cowboy Vandal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they're not on TNT, they're on some shit called TNT Drama am I following this correctly? What is TNT Drama and why does it sound like when TNA was on that weird outdoor channel with bigfoot hunters and bear jerky eaters?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    So they're not on TNT, they're on some shit called TNT Drama am I following this correctly? What is TNT Drama and why does it sound like when TNA was on that weird outdoor channel with bigfoot hunters and bear jerky eaters?
    It’s TNT. The drama thing is from their tag line “we know drama” and they weren’t able to get TNT.com

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think in my 36 years of existense I have ever once had the channel tuned to TNT.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s TNT. The drama thing is from their tag line “we know drama” and they weren’t able to get TNT.com
    Thank God.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    It's great news.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched TNT since WCW ended.

Except for some reruns of "Arrow" or something.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's had a couple shows that I watched once and then realized were awful awful awful.

But TNT is still a huge channel that everyone gets and that's the main thing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wouldn't be surprised if WarnerMedia ultimately picked up AEW because they need content for their B/R Live platform. These new streaming services need content and live sports programming is always valuable. Yeah, I know pro wrestling isn't a real sport, but it is a live athletic spectacle. Fox picked up SmackDown for similar reasons.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am buzzing for this. Please be good.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    I am buzzing for this. Please be good.
    Me too. First time I've actually been excited about wrestling for years.

Are we assuming that it's going to be on ITV4 over here? That is going to be bonkers if it is. Their ratings will dwarf WWE on that channel.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't remember the first place I heard it but Meltzer was the second person that brought up that Showtime was a second competitor vying for the rights. Wasn't going to be weekly on Showtime, according to Meltzer.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestling, prime time, TNT.

Not gonna lie, that alone gets me excited.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is this shit though of them signing old ass Earl Hebner? It's little things like that which make me skeptical about what AEW is realistically going to pull off.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is this shit though of them signing old ass Earl Hebner? It's little things like that which make me skeptical about what AEW is realistically going to pull off.
    This seems like a pretty silly thing to raise your already skeptical antenna up higher or more. What about when they announced Private Party, Cima, Darby Allin, or Nyla Rose?

If anything, they’re making it a level playing field by showing respect to referees by giving them the same signing announcement treatment.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems like a pretty silly thing to raise your already skeptical antenna up higher or more. What about when they announced Private Party, Cima, Darby Allin, or Nyla Rose?

If anything, they’re making it a level playing field by showing respect to referees by giving them the same signing announcement treatment.
    Of the 4 acts you just named, Cima is the only person I've ever heard of.

I thnk it's pretty clear what "raised my skeptical antenna" was that they're hiring a dinosaur ref who is mostly known for his work 20+ years ago in the WWF. Did they announce any other refs? Again, pretty clear why I'm questioning the reasoning behind this move. It's not just any ol' ref, it's the most infamous. What's next? Nick Patrick as the Elite's personal shady ref? Do we get Lil' Naitch once his contract is up?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thnk it's pretty clear what "raised my skeptical antenna" was that they're hiring a dinosaur ref who is mostly known for his work 20+ years ago in the WWF. Did they announce any other refs? Again, pretty clear why I'm questioning the reasoning behind this move. It's not just any ol' ref, it's the most infamous. What's next? Nick Patrick as the Elite's personal shady ref? Do we get Lil' Naitch once his contract is up?
    They did announce more. Four more, to be specific.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, if you're going to announce the signing of a referee, Hebner is the one to announce.

I mean, he did screw Bret.

But really, he's as famous as refs go, so why not?

Its not like AEW's hyping the arrival of the top cable runner in the industry or the best head painter in wrestling. Refs are an important part of the act and the promotion too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incidentally, is Darby Allin the bald guy who used to wrestle for What Culture/Defiant Wrestling? He used to do some kind of second-rope elbow drop where he did the "Dr. Zoidberg" walk to set it up. Or am I thinking of somebody else?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty clear they hired Earl to produce the other, younger refs. That’s why you have a senior official.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Incidentally, is Darby Allin the bald guy who used to wrestle for What Culture/Defiant Wrestling? He used to do some kind of second-rope elbow drop where he did the "Dr. Zoidberg" walk to set it up. Or am I thinking of somebody else?
    You're thinking of Martin Kirby

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Pretty clear they hired Earl to produce the other, younger refs. That’s why you have a senior official.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night. Shit ton of former refs, yet they hire the most infamous.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.f4wonline.com/news/pac-v...medium=twitter

page vs pac called off for double or nothing due to 'creative differences.' seems like they couldnt agree on who goes over, with pac refusing to lose outside of dragon gate to protect his status of champion, and obviously they dont want page losing outright. they had the match at wrestle gate pro tonight, with page doing a surprise appearance that lead to a match, which ended in a DQ win for page. the match apparently is going to be put up for free by AEW since it wont take place at DON. not quite sure why they couldnt have just run the DQ finish at DON, unless theyre very dead set on having definitive finishes.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yupp. If they’re set on Page winning, then they’re gonna have to toss someone lesser than him in there. If they don’t mind him losing, this is a solid spot to debut Moxley.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I knew I should have gone yesterday damnit

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Jericho's new finisher looks like it's going to be crap but I'll hold off any further judgement until I get to see it in action. Kudos for him always looking to reinvent the wheel though.

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can dig it if it has good execution. That's the only real issue with striking signature moves is if they don't connect right with a good sell, it looks like ass. I thought it looked good against the punching bag and the pads, but we'll see if he can pull off that same intensity with a human face.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd think they would have ironed out the details earlier with the Pac/Page match. Did Pac not know he was supposed to do the job until yesterday? I can understand where he's coming from if he wants to keep the Dragongate Championship looking strong, but something like this should have been settled before they announced the match.

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    You'd think they would have ironed out the details earlier with the Pac/Page match. Did Pac not know he was supposed to do the job until yesterday? I can understand where he's coming from if he wants to keep the Dragongate Championship looking strong, but something like this should have been settled before they announced the match.
    Agreed. It's kind of a bad look for AEW. Here's hoping it was just some massive misunderstanding and not indicative of the type of stuff we'll see going forward.

There's also a small chance this was all an intentional work to help build PAC's bastard persona, but I'm not putting on that tinfoil hat yet.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Agreed. It's kind of a bad look for AEW. Here's hoping it was just some massive misunderstanding and not indicative of the type of stuff we'll see going forward.

There's also a small chance this was all an intentional work to help build PAC's bastard persona, but I'm not putting on that tinfoil hat yet.
    they easily could've thought pac was gonna lose the title before the event. there's also speculation that pac was supposed to go over page and then enter a feud with omega for all in 2, where omega would go over. the assumption was pac was likely gonna lose the title in july, but if that changed and DG plan on keeping the title on him, that obviously throws plans for the omega feud into chaos, which means the page match and it's outcome are effected.

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    they easily could've thought pac was gonna lose the title before the event. there's also speculation that pac was supposed to go over page and then enter a feud with omega for all in 2, where omega would go over. the assumption was pac was likely gonna lose the title in july, but if that changed and DG plan on keeping the title on him, that obviously throws plans for the omega feud into chaos, which means the page match and it's outcome are effected.
    Aye, I'm not assuming anything until I see how things play out. Just kind of gut reaction type thought.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Page sucks. I don't blame Pac for not wanting to job to that guy. Everyone has a Brutus the Barber Beefcake in their clique and Page is the Brutus of the Elite.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    Good point. It hadn't occurred to me that plans might have changed on Dragongate's side which could effect the match.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Turns out PAC was always going over Page. It was Omega he'd have ended up losing to according to the Observer.

YOUR NEXT ROH CHAMP... greebull's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Tony Khan announced recently in an interview that the first-ever AEW Champion will be determined in a one-on-one match "at a later date" BETWEEN:
    -The Winner of the Casino Battle Royale
    -& the Winner of the Omega vs. Jericho match

Interesting.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greebull View Post
    So Tony Khan announced recently in an interview that the first-ever AEW Champion will be determined in a one-on-one match "at a later date" BETWEEN:
    -The Winner of the Casino Battle Royale
    -& the Winner of the Omega vs. Jericho match

Interesting.
    Very interesting because the promo for the event says the winner of the battle royal would face the AEW champ down the road....

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    wonder who they're gonna have in the battle royal that makes that match worth it. i've also been assuming that jericho wins the match vs. omega.

- - - Updated - - -

im very excited for this show overall

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    wonder who they're gonna have in the battle royal that makes that match worth it. i've also been assuming that jericho wins the match vs. omega.

- - - Updated - - -

im very excited for this show overall
    The battle royal looks like one of two things:

Either someone who isn't announced will show up and be a decent enough name/talent to win and go on to wrestle for the 1st ever AEW championship.

ORRRR they're going to have it be someone that they're wanting to show they're not just about super established talent from other promotions.

I mean, if Jericho beats Omega, and goes on to be the 1st AEW champion, laughable. If Jericho or Omega wins and loses to Glacier, Brian Pillman Jr, Joey Janela, Billy Gunn....Horrible.

So basically, they just need to have Omega beat Jericho (smart) and have Omega be their first champion (even smarter). The guy is arguably the best wrestler on the planet, anyone else as champion screams "We want to do something stupid"

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i don't think jericho as first champion would be a bad call. in fact, i think it would be a good call. get the title on a guy with name value who isn't seen as washed up or a wwe reject to start their TV deal. jericho's really revitalized his character and is doing great work. i think it's the move to make. give kenny his title win a couple weeks or months into the TV deal after he's been introduced to a wider audience to make it mean something.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't think jericho as first champion would be a bad call. in fact, i think it would be a good call. get the title on a guy with name value who isn't seen as washed up or a wwe reject to start their TV deal. jericho's really revitalized his character and is doing great work. i think it's the move to make. give kenny his title win a couple weeks or months into the TV deal after he's been introduced to a wider audience to make it mean something.
    You don't see an issue with a 49 year old as your first champion? The guy who has done more jobs on WWE TV than Curt Hawkins? I also have to disagree that fans won't go "Jericho? Isn't he like 50? And why isn't he in the WWE anymore, he must suck!" That's all I ever heard when a WWE talent left to go to TNA or really anywhere, they were a WWE reject....Jericho is Jericho but even Jericho would be met with that negativity.

Trust me, I love Jericho in this company to beef up the roster for the fans who don't know anyone. Even if you haven't watch wrestling in 20 years, you might remember Jericho from the WCW days.

But you can't have a guy who literally just shit on the WWE's booking of Lesnar @ MITB and then put the World title on him right off the bat. Then again...NWA-TNA put the belt on Ken Shamrock, although it as the NWA world championship not their own.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah Omega has to beat Jericho and be cemented as their number 1 guy I think.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think they should make Goldust their top star.

Read they have Dean Malenko now as a backstage producer. That must hurt the WWE.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was cool seeing them promote DON during the NBA broadcast on TNT last night. Was kind of funny to hear Marv Albert screw up the pronunciation of Jericho's name.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I should be promoted everywhere to be honest.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say this, I'm all about feeling like I'm 17 again and seeing some Nitro on TNT.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall with the booking. 90% of the people responsible are on-air talent. It's a double-edged sword because you want to see guys like Omega, Cody, and the Bucks in top spots because they are top tier talent....But will it feel like the days of Dusty and Flair and Triple H and Jeff Jarrett, these guys who in a way deserve some of if not all the accolades (not so much Double Job) but still you get what I'm saying...

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Kenny kind of has to be a top guy in the World Title sense. But I think Cody and the Bucks will be happy to be in big programs without really being "title guys". The Bucks will likely get their couple runs with the tag gold, but they kinda seem in the business of putting others over right now.

If it plays out anything similar to that, I think majority backlash is avoided.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just ordered this as I'm quite intrigued by how this plays out I think I'm going to really enjoy it and be surprised by it actually.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange Cassidy's website is pretty great.

https://orangecassidy.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Jericho should win the first title. 48 or not, the guy is still a top star, can still go and probably has the widest marketable appeal in the company (in the West anyway). Give Omega some obstacles to get through so he can win the title of jericho and during that time he can establish himself as he is but with a more mainstream market.

They dont have to nor should rush title runs so give Jericho 6-8 months then give Omega a good year run . From there they should have built there roster up enough and signed a few more established stars that they can have a good title scene.

Jericho, Omega, Page, PAC, Cody and Moxley are probably the most established wrestlers they have in name currently and its no surprise four of them are ex WWE but they can take the top of the card mixing with others to elevate them to that level as well and that's going to be the first big thing they need to do as well as establishing the other divisions.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Not strictly AEW, but All In hasn't been released on DVD, has it? Reason I ask is because I'd like to finally get around to watching it, but I'm not paying a silly price to watch it on the Fite app and I saw it on e-Bay for a tenner. Guessing it's not an official copy though...

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    it’s pretty easily available online

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    it’s pretty easily available online
    You ever think maybe people want to support this company beyond watching it for free? Or I guess does All In even go toward anyone and that's probably why it's not on a DVD yet....?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The rights to All In belong to ROH.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rights to All In belong to ROH.
    Ah right on, I did not know that. They better get on this shit and put out a DVD for fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So, funny story that, but it might just be stuck in ownership hell forever. ROH owns the broadcast rights, but The Elite all own the name and the trademarks for All In, as well as a lot of the promotional material.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, funny story that, but it might just be stuck in ownership hell forever. ROH owns the broadcast rights, but The Elite all own the name and the trademarks for All In, as well as a lot of the promotional material.
    Ah shit. So we'll probably never see this until both parties come to some sort of financial agreement on how distribution will work. This is the type of shit that people don't even think about. This stuff is why the original Batman tv show took 50 years to see a DVD release because all the music was wrapped up in licensing bullshit.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Similar to how Fox owned the distribution rights to New Hope and Lucas/Disney paid them a fee to distribute their own movie.

Imagine the turnaround if ROH ends up dying in the next few years and WWE buys the distribution rights to All In before AEW could. That would be funny.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just don't think a wrestling boom is going to happen with the start up of AEW. It worked in the 90s with WCW because the wrestlers were the stars. These days, the company's are the stars. When Hulk Hogan went to WCW, it was a big deal because even non-wrestling fans knew who Hulk Hogan was. They knew who Randy Savage was. People outside of wrestling don't know who Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley is . It's not like John Cena or Undertaker or the Rock are going to go to AEW to be their top star. So are you really going to be pulling in outside fans? I just think the world has changed and there are too many options for another wrestling boom to happen.

Only thing I can hope is that AEW causes WWE to step up their game in a storyline sense so it feels like must see TV again.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just announced Moxley/Omega for All Out in Chicago

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Just announced Moxley/Omega for All Out in Chicago
    Makes perfect sense. Should be a good match. Moxley isn't the best worker out there but Omega, like Rollins and AJ Styles, might be able to pull out the best he has to offer.

I just wish I was high on Page v. Jericho. Never liked Adam Page, going back to his John Deere hat wearing days in ROH. I also don't like the idea of almost 50 Jericho being the 1st World Champion. But hey, Ken Shamrock was the first ever NWA-TNA champion so....

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I remember Jericho calling him Ken Scamrock

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    based on the number of people in the online queue for all out tickets, aew could have sold out a stadium and had a wrestlemania sized crowd. what a sight that would have been.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    based on the number of people in the online queue for all out tickets, aew could have sold out a stadium and had a wrestlemania sized crowd. what a sight that would have been.
    That's not how queues work.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope Vince is worried. I got mad love for WWE, but I want my shit bloody, with piledrivers, and chairs to the head. I really don't care about concussions. Don't wrestle if you are afraid of being injured.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concussions are very dangerous, that is something WWE got right, whether you like it or not.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    I hope Vince is worried. I got mad love for WWE, but I want my shit bloody, with piledrivers, and chairs to the head. I really don't care about concussions. Don't wrestle if you are afraid of being injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Concussions are very dangerous, that is something WWE got right, whether you like it or not.
    I have to agree with you here Romford. And DVDA to an extent. Blood and piledrivers, I'm down with. Chairs to the head? I'm not missing them. I'm not negative to them happening but there's a reason Mick Foley can barely remember what he had for breakfast. If it's done sparingly, sure, but something that used to happen literally 2-3 times every Raw, that's just bullshit. Glad we found out what we've found out.

Look @ it this way. The 80's were a gigantic era for pro wrestling that many of us can go back and still enjoy. You didn't have chairs and tables and fucking Sick Nick Mondo lol. And I didn't stick wtih wrestling in the 90's just because of Foley taking 100 chair shots to the head in one match.

YOUR NEXT ROH CHAMP... greebull's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Austin’s podcast today, Tony Khan announced that “Fight for the Fallen” will ALSO stream for free on B/R Live.

So we got..
    Saturday June 29 = FyterFest (Free on B/R Live)
    Sat, July 13 (2 weeks later) = Fight for the Fallen (Free on B-R Live)
    Sat, Aug 31 (Labor Day weekend) = All Out (PPV, probably like $50-60)
    Fall 2019 = Weekly, LIVE, 2-hour show premieres on TNT (Time / Day still TBD)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    I have to agree with you here Romford. And DVDA to an extent. Blood and piledrivers, I'm down with. Chairs to the head? I'm not missing them. I'm not negative to them happening but there's a reason Mick Foley can barely remember what he had for breakfast. If it's done sparingly, sure, but something that used to happen literally 2-3 times every Raw, that's just bullshit. Glad we found out what we've found out.

Look @ it this way. The 80's were a gigantic era for pro wrestling that many of us can go back and still enjoy. You didn't have chairs and tables and fucking Sick Nick Mondo lol. And I didn't stick wtih wrestling in the 90's just because of Foley taking 100 chair shots to the head in one match.
    piledrivers can be done safely. plenty of people in wrestling do piledrivers. no one gets injured more than WWE wrestlers so their restrictions certainly aren't strictly an effective matter of safety.

you can do protected chair shots to the head. i think WWE even said their reasoning for not doing chair shots to the head isn't even about safety.

blood, definitely. not every week but in big feuds where the guys are supposed to hate each other, it needs blood.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    piledrivers can be done safely. plenty of people in wrestling do piledrivers. no one gets injured more than WWE wrestlers so their restrictions certainly aren't strictly an effective matter of safety.

you can do protected chair shots to the head. i think WWE even said their reasoning for not doing chair shots to the head isn't even about safety.

blood, definitely. not every week but in big feuds where the guys are supposed to hate each other, it needs blood.
    Piledrivers CAN be done safely. So can powerbombs, but tell that to Droz. Shit happens. Plus the WWE work so many more dates than any other promotion but still, we've seen talent get seriously hurt doing moves like the piledriver. Shit the WWE banned the shooting star press until Evan Bourne did it 10 times in a row without hurting himself/someone else in development before they let him use it.

You CAN do protected chair shots but what happens when you don't get your arm up in time? It's happened. And if you can find me where the WWE said they don't do chairshots for any other reason than keeping people safe, show me and we can talk about it.

With all this talk of safety, shedding blood I'm not against lol.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do you lot think if the Hardy's, Lashley, EC3, Bobby Roode, etc. just waited a year or two then they'd be in AEW?

Cause apart from Lashely they don't seem to be doing a whole lot recently.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I think they would be best served from just gobbling up WWE talent as they should have their own identity.

Moxley was a different issue I think, But there is enough talent out their for them to be successful.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW could very well take a page out of Vince's book and build their company off the backs of other promotions. The top draws of AEW: Jericho, Moxley, Omega, Cody, and The Young Bucks=all top talent elsewhere on nationally televised shows. WWE, ROH, NJPW, Lucha Underground all have great reach visually whether that's TV, Netflix, streaming. Just like back in the 80's where Vince was taking top guys from AWA, NWA, Mid-Atlantic, USWA, etc. and next thing you know he's the biggest dog by a mile.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that because let's be honest. Scarf guy, Adam Page, and Joey Janella are not going to lure anyone in at the moment. Nobody is going to tune in to see Old Dust either. And this doesn't feel like like Global Force bullshit either.

Although, Commissioner Kevin Nash sounds pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Nice segment on Private Party introducing their backstory at around 05:30.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say this about Dave Meltzer....He is snake charmer playing his fucking mark flute. This is a real response to a comment I made asking if people were able to compare how many tickets AEW sold v how many WWE have sold SG and here's what it said:

"well when i wanted to buy a ticket for all out i was number 71385 which is almost like the number of people at wm 35, so I believe that AEW>WWE"

Meltzer has convinced these people that there were literally like 100,000+ fans waiting online to buy tickets to this show. I basically just responded with, "If that's what you believe to be true then AEW>Any form of entertainment, any musical act, etc. because that's just unrealistic and not what that number actually reflects"

Al Snow was 100% correct in saying Meltzer was the best worker in the history of the business. A guy who has never done it, never tried it, never owned it, never built it, has been able to shape the industry based on rumor.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Part of it is AEW is new and fresh so people get excited. Once they start having a weekly show it'll be the same shit week after week like little old boring WWE.

- Goldust and Cody being best friends/brothers, which leads to Cody turning on Oldie and then doing an Old Yeller type storyline about putting him down for good.
    - Omega and Jericho fighting for the 100th time
    - Ambrose acting all lunaticy
    - Bunch of nobodies in battle royals
    - 8,000 superkicks

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    As long as they don't open with a twenty minute promo I will be excited to see it.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    As long as they don't open with a twenty minute promo I will be excited to see it.
    Yes, and also if they don't have every match end in DQ only for it to turn into a tag team match it will be great.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can AEW fill a 2 hr. show every week, or will they stick with 1 hr. in the beginning?

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Considering fans get aroused at 40 minute matches, I don't think it will be hard to fill out a 2 hour show.

Bagel
    I'd hope they fill a couple shows with a half dozen squash matches. That'd be fresh.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Still lovin' the idea that Vince met the Kaan's at a billionaire party and they were all giddy about their love of professional wrestling and Vince suggested they start their own company, and that Vince would help them out. So Vince sends over Dean Ambrose as a way to make it look like a war is going to break out. Cause let's face it no one gives a shit about Chirs Jericho in 2019. In fact I bet Vince and Tony Kaan are on a boat somewhere snorting coke and banging hookers laughing it up. Vince is a genius after all.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can AEW fill a 2 hr. show every week, or will they stick with 1 hr. in the beginning?
    why wouldnt they be able to fill a two hour show every week?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I alone in thinking it's pretty much inevitable now that he first week of AEW on TNT is going to have a higher rating than Raw?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    At this point I'm hoping ITV get the weekly UK deal so I can get my wrestling fix because I'll be dead in the ground before I pay an extra 30 a month for BT

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Am I alone in thinking it's pretty much inevitable now that he first week of AEW on TNT is going to have a higher rating than Raw?
    It will get a much higher rating than any of the subsequent episodes. That's for sure.

But higher than Raw? Hmmm. All they'd have to do is hit the 2.5 million mark. Not unreasonable to do that.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The two upcoming shows will be 8.95 and 9.95 in the UK. I sense this will not go down well

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yeah, I thought I saw Cody tweet that the other night.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's a strong possibility it will in fact beat Raw's rating for that week. It'll be interesting though to see what measures the WWE take to give wrestling fans a reason to start tuning in more and more to avoid any real dent in the market they have a strangle hold on.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    The two upcoming shows will be 8.95 and 9.95 in the UK. I sense this will not go down well
    Why? They don't have a subscription model and have to make money somehow.

WWE were charging almost 60 bucks per PPV before the network came in. This is pretty reasonable.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a show is free in States why the fudging fudge should we pay for it?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I didn't know it was free in the states. My bad.

Strange one...I guess they are prioritising breaking the US

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd say find a live stream somewhere. If it's free here then it shouldn't be too much of a hasslehoff to find one.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I suppose since it's not going head to head with RAW then it may do that. I think I read it could air on Tuesdays or Wednesdays?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yall used to get a free wwe ppv every other month...

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Tuesdays I believe.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    you get free healthcare, you can pay 10 of the queen's pounds for a wrestling show