Results 13,501 to 13,600 of 15623

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Reading reports that William Regal is on his way back to WWE? How is that possible if he signed a 3 year deal, or so I read?
    It's because Uncle Dave I believe fucked up and then had to go out the next day and correct himself. So you have people running with his original comment that he thought Regal's contract was up in a few months and then others with the supposed real story that he signed a 3-year deal. I take it all with a grain of salt.

It does feel like a write off though but who knows. In WWE you'd just assume oh he's probably taking a backstage role or going to developmental to help out again. Everywhere else they don't really have that so is he going to do anything behind the scenes? Doubtful. Tony's rich as fuck so he probably has no qualms about paying talent to do nothing just like Vince had no qualms paying people to hang out in the back and wrestle once a month on Main Event.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah Meltzer first said he is was headed back and his contract is almost up and then next day said he had a correction and the contract was for 3 years. Shocking I know that Meltzer didn't have the correct information and still be wrong about it.

Another site is now saying he is on this way back to WWE and his contract indeed is coming up soon.

I will believe it when I see at this point.

They wrote him off for the time being and I think it helps the story but it seems to be feeding the fire that he is leaving. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back honestly but again I will believe it when I see it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know Regal and Triple H are really tight, so it makes sense for him to go back to WWE. To be honest I was shocked Regal signed with AEW to begin with.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know Regal and Triple H are really tight, so it makes sense for him to go back to WWE. To be honest I was shocked Regal signed with AEW to begin with.
    He said he was prepared to take much needed time off and away from the business before even thinking about doing anything when Danielson reached to him to come over to AEW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money talks and Regal loves the business. He loves working with the young talent as well as the veterans who are willing to collaborate.

Regal back in the WWE would be great. I personally thought it was bullshit he was let go especially when it felt like "Oh Triple H is out after having a heart attack let's get rid of his people" It was a very very strange time and who knows....Maybe Regal isn't as well liked for whatever reason by other people in WWE. Maybe Shawn or Vince or whoever never really felt like Regal was a genius.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may not have been MFJ's best promo ever but I still really liked it. I like him leaning into the free agency in 2024. Hopefully he stays healthy and ends up with a long reign.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs a long reign to give AEW time to build the perfect choice to take the belt off him. CM Punk probably has another 5 months of rehab. Danielson isn't getting any younger but the seeds have been planted for a revenge approach. 6-7 months from now Wardlow could be back in a position to make that leap.

I'll say this...Yes, most of the AEW roster is not a household name. So if we look at it from that perspective where you don't go "Well it should be a huge name like CM Punk or Danielson" that's where we can start leaning more into guys like Wardlow because in the hardcore wrestling fan bubble, that would be a smart move.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF's reign as champion is the worst in history.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ok, I watched the promo, and with MJF saying he was going to have a long reign, I'd love for someone to just squash him to win it

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wardlow squashed him which was crazy to me so I could see it happening again. Like how Triple H never could beat Batista until like 20 years later and Batista had already fought Thanos.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Guessing MJF feuds with the Blackpool Combat club. He's already beaten Ambrose, so maybe have him do quick work over Yutah, then a month long program with Daniel Bryan, and then a lengthy feud with Cesaro.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He already did a short program with Yuta. Doubt they go back to that Yuta is going after Garcia and his ROH Pure Championship.

Danielson and MJF is probably going to end up being the big feud out of this.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If AEW were smart they would do MJF v. Danielson and then parlay that into Danielson/Moxley. I thought they had a good story leading into the BCC and now that the BCC (IMO) has run it's course, this should be the implosion storyline.

Maybe Khan is spoken on this but I am curious about how much was changed due to the Punk/Elite situation. What were we supposed to get these last couple months? Was it going to be Punk v. MJF?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    My fear of MJF being champ and his contract being up is we are going to get him being champ and nothing will matter til 2024. Its the same problem with Roman, we know he is not losing til Mania or maybe until Mania 40, so its just spinning wheels til then.
    One of WWE's best storylines in years does not equal spinning its wheels.

It certainly appears that AEW is having a challenge gaining viewership. In some ways they've got their chips in the middle of the table with The Elite (in some ways) emboldened and one of pillars in the top spot, so they've got to figure it out. If the demo is the big deal, that also seems to be trending down over the course of given episodes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A huge part of me thinks AEW are fine with the viewership. A wrestling promotion that had no real build just dropped on TNT a couple years ago, pandemic, they're averaging around 850,000-1 million viewers. Raw is averaging what, 1.5 million viewers. I imagine the majority of fans watch both brands religiously. If the network were unhappy we'd probably know and maybe they will get rid of wrasslin once again, we've seen it happen before. But in this day and age consistency matters. If they're in the top 5 every week on a shit night like Wednesday for Dynamite, what else on TNT is doing better other than the NBA and I guess certain movies? What shows are people watching on TNT because 25 years ago nobody gave a fuck about Witchblade.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They should reboot Thunder In Paradise with Cesaro in the lead role. That would get more views than Dynamite.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I like MJF, don't get me wrong, but my fear is crippling the AEW main event with the idea that no one is going to win the title til either MJF wins or he goes to WWE and has to vacate the title that is over a year of the same old storyline. While I am sure it will be fun with the right opponents like Bryan, Kingston and others, however I can see people getting bored with it in three months. That is due to how fickle the AEW fans can be. I just hope this ticking clock doesn't backfire on them.

Raw sucks. The women are holding it together, but even that is loosely tied. Bayley has gone from red hot to jobber to the stars. I hope Rhea gets it soon, so we can start shaking things up a bit. Raw banking on OC/Judgement Day to get them to Mania is crazy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like MJF, don't get me wrong, but my fear is crippling the AEW main event with the idea that no one is going to win the title til either MJF wins or he goes to WWE and has to vacate the title that is over a year of the same old storyline. While I am sure it will be fun with the right opponents like Bryan, Kingston and others, however I can see people getting bored with it in three months. That is due to how fickle the AEW fans can be. I just hope this ticking clock doesn't backfire on them.

Raw sucks. The women are holding it together, but even that is loosely tied. Bayley has gone from red hot to jobber to the stars. I hope Rhea gets it soon, so we can start shaking things up a bit. Raw banking on OC/Judgement Day to get them to Mania is crazy.
    MJF is probably the only guy in that company who could make a super long reign work because he's that good. There are a ton of people he has yet to work with. I don't see him holding it as long as he claims he will and that's the thing dude....His promo wasn't some big reveal of the booking plans. Also-how many champions come out and say "Guys, I'm going to lose this soon!" No, they all say I'm never losing this title I'll be champ forever yada yada.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF vs Kingston would work. The polished, refined heel vs the guy who looks like most of the fans? It's worked for decades and it'll work again. Eddie being not great on the mic will only help him in this case. Not saying he needs to take the belt off MJF but I wouldn't be upset if he did after a year or so. Gives AEW time to build him back up.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kingston is one of those guys I don't think needs to be World champion. He's not a good worker, he's alright on the mic, looks like shit. If he were a good worker and consistent on the mic he could be like a Mick Foley type but Mick was at least a big dude. Eddie's like 5'8"

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wouldn't be opposed to a short Kingston reign but at the same time I think he is fine without it. He is doing fine working the programs he is working and he will probably end up with a title shot at some point. He had one against Moxley when they worked that program. But I don't think they are going to put the belt on him. At best he ends up with a TNT reign but doubtful. Maybe tag team reign with Santana. Probably doubtful as well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to a short Kingston reign but at the same time I think he is fine without it. He is doing fine working the programs he is working and he will probably end up with a title shot at some point. He had one against Moxley when they worked that program. But I don't think they are going to put the belt on him. At best he ends up with a TNT reign but doubtful. Maybe tag team reign with Santana. Probably doubtful as well.
    Even a short reign makes no sense. At this point. I see a lot of fans say that when it's about someone that really shouldn't be in that position. I will say this, he could be AEW World champion. COULD be. I don't care who's on that roster, that company isn't on par with WWE, New Japan, when it comes to the quality of World champions or just champions in general. So I think that if Tyrus can be NWA World champ, Kingston could be AEW World champ. But I could also see Orange Cassidy as World champ in this company. There's not as much at stake to be the champ of AEW, nobody cares if MJF is palatable to the GAM audience, nobody cares if he winds up on Jimmy Fallon or doing movies. That's not what AEW is going for. This is a company owned by a billionaire wrestling fan, he doesn't give a shit if Jericho is on The Mask Singer he wasn't even able to promote the appearance due to the nature of the show.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Kingston is their low key Austin. He has the every man vibe and is a bit of a heel. I think Eddie when motivated is one of the best on the mic. His promo on Cody is what got him hired. So, I don't get this Eddie is just ok, he was fire with most of the people he works with. He has been sent down the card due to all the WWE guys coming in, so I am hoping he can move up. MJF maybe able to pull this off, but I got a feeling by June, we might be like can we get this over now.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I think Kingston's mental health problems have been an issue as well at times, as well as the odd disciplinary issue here and there. For these reasons, I don't ever see him being their world champion, but I could see him with the TNT Title. I'd like to see that, love Eddie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he'll win the world title before he retires. He's their Tommy Dreamer. But much much better in every way.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kingston is their low key Austin. He has the every man vibe and is a bit of a heel. I think Eddie when motivated is one of the best on the mic. His promo on Cody is what got him hired. So, I don't get this Eddie is just ok, he was fire with most of the people he works with. He has been sent down the card due to all the WWE guys coming in, so I am hoping he can move up. MJF maybe able to pull this off, but I got a feeling by June, we might be like can we get this over now.
    He is just ok. Not a very good worker and he is good on the mic but you'd stand out that much on the mic if you were in a company where most of the people suck at cutting promos. He's not their lowkey Austin.

I do like the fact you are hungup on thinking MJF is going to have some 2-3 year run as champion like Roman because of the promo MJF cut. Have you ever heard a promo where the champion said "When I lose this belt in 2 months I'll be happy!" No they say they'll be champion forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I think Kingston's mental health problems have been an issue as well at times, as well as the odd disciplinary issue here and there. For these reasons, I don't ever see him being their world champion, but I could see him with the TNT Title. I'd like to see that, love Eddie.
    It's still AEW though, the same place that put the title on Adam Page. If Page who has zero charisma, a terrible look, but can somewhat wrestle get the title then a guy who can't wrestle with a terrible look but solid charisma should be a possibility. Ultimately I don't see it though. He's entertaining but so was Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I think he'll win the world title before he retires. He's their Tommy Dreamer. But much much better in every way.
    Naw. Dreamer was a better worker and I would say even on the mic. Maybe give Dreamer the nod due to some of those incredible promos he was cutting during the Raven and Jerry Lawler feuds in ECW. I don't think Dreamer actually ever cut a bad promo. It would have to be an incredible storyline to get the belt on Eddie. He's 40, and there's a long line of better talent in AEW ahead of him.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think Kingston would be good for a quick reign. Has the perfect cap to a well-built program, maybe gets like a defense on Dynamite, then drops it by the next super show. But I think people have pointed out multiple problems with having him be devoted world champ.

At the moment, I think you have Wardlow, Jungle Boy, or Darby dethrone MJF.

Keith Lee would also be a good shout if they heat him up enough by then.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I don't see the value on Kingston as a world champ. And let's be honest, Kingston has been given some great people to work with and some great opportunities. He's had good moments. I actually think AEW has used him well.

And with Kingston you run the risk that he gets in a bad place and derails your whole program, because he doesn't like how someone comes back at him.

But there are a lot of guys who work hard and could get the fans behind them who have a much higher ceiling.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    He is just ok. Not a very good worker and he is good on the mic but you'd stand out that much on the mic if you were in a company where most of the people suck at cutting promos. He's not their lowkey Austin.

I do like the fact you are hungup on thinking MJF is going to have some 2-3 year run as champion like Roman because of the promo MJF cut. Have you ever heard a promo where the champion said "When I lose this belt in 2 months I'll be happy!" No they say they'll be champion forever.

It's still AEW though, the same place that put the title on Adam Page. If Page who has zero charisma, a terrible look, but can somewhat wrestle get the title then a guy who can't wrestle with a terrible look but solid charisma should be a possibility. Ultimately I don't see it though. He's entertaining but so was Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
    I take your point, but a champion needs to be reliable. Not convinced Eddie is.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kingston isn't the guy you give a 7 month reign to you would definitely use him in a way that gets someone or himself heat and then back to the guy you want a long reign out of.

When you look back at the Attitude Era, so many short reigns. Just look at HBK winning it back at Rumble 1997 until let's say Jericho unifying the WWF/WCW titles at Vengeance 2001. Only a couple reigns that went more than 3-4 months uninterrupted. Kingston could be someone that you see win if the story is right but then loses it shortly after. AEW showed they weren't all about just having super long reigns with the whole Punk/Mox situation.

Maybe 2023 we see Kingston pull off the miracle, hypothetically let's use MJF as the sacrificial lamb. But then MJF would win it right back within a few weeks, maybe a month. You get the feel good moment ala Mick Foley beating The Rock and then boom, super heel gets it right back taking away that feel good run and back to getting heat. I would even use this as a way to turn Kingston heel.

There's definitely $$$ in Kingston as a heel so maybe that's where we see him snatch up that quick reign. Take it off a beloved babyface and get a little run as a prick.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been snarky about Kingston before, but this time I don't mean it that way.

he just doesn't seem like he could handle being a heel right now. I'm basing that off some of the interviews he gave, and how he talked about people. And how he seems to respond to negative about himself.

Could be completely wrong.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some guys who winning the title is enough and some guys where that hurts. Like Dusty Rhodes was three times World Champion his longest reign was slightly less than three months. That was not a problem. He was a guy you wanted to see win the title but not see as Champion. Whereas someone like Kerry Von Erich only being champion 2 weeks hurt him more than if he never beat Flair at all.

I think Kingston would firmly be more in the Rhode camp. People would love to see him win it, but not really want to see him with it. Like he beats MJF. Makes a successful defense or two on TV and then drops it within a few weeks is how you'd want to book that. Then probably get the tag belts or TNT belt on him for a while after that though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kingston has it in him to be an immense heel, but only as a top midcarder. His time to be a top guy is way long gone, but he has the goods to tear it up w/ one of the two thousand midcard belts floating around.

It's hard to make heads or tails w/ AEW though. The booking has been a total disaster lately, and Regal doing a Grandpa Simpson gif back to WWE is very telling of how much of a problem AEW has. They've had so much top talent delivered to them on a silver platter and they've pretty much turned it all to poo poo.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't like that he thinks he's tough. He's one of those dish it out but can't take it kids. He'll run his mouth and shoot on people in promos but the second they do it to him he fuckin cries and starts penning his goodbyes. Who the fuck still shaves a line in their eyebrow? lol.

That's why he would be a great heel. Just have someone call him out on his shit. Talk about how he puts on a front but deep down, behind all the shoot promos and eyebrow shaving he's just a dude playing a character he saw on tv.

His look and in-ring ability can only take a backseat for so long but again, this isn't the WWE or New Japan where you're just not going to give this guy a run in those companies. AEW gave Adam Page a 6 month run, anything is possible here. Page didn't draw a dime. Kingston can at least talk. He could be Impact champion or even ROH champion. Him beating Jericho for the ROH title wouldn't suck.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I don't follow AEW (anymore) so my opinion is not worth much, but from what I've seen of Eddie Kingston it feels to me he should do a character similar to Bully Ray in TNA. Pretty much exactly ND's first paragraph above.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what would be cool is if they'd finally release that video game.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM Punk still on the cover for that?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No. They took him off the cover from what I have heard but he is still in the game

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reading February 2023 but who knows. I'm all about it. I'm pretty lenient with my expectations for wrestling games. The only thing I don't like so far about this game is the desire for people to say "It's like No Mercy!" People just don't understand that there are games that nothing will ever be like. No Mercy is one of them. Why? It wasn't necessarily about the gameplay or the graphics it was about the experience.

For one, outside of the arcade you didn't really get more than two players at a time. You also had the wrestling boom of the 90's going on. Last but not least the connections we made with people. I don't know a bunch of 45-50 year olds talking about how awesome the N64 was or No Mercy. You don't really hear the youth of today going back and saying No Mercy is the best game ever because they've already been experiencing multi-person games and playing online, what happened in 1998 at my boy Brian's happens 24/7 in the world today.

No Mercy, Revenge, games from that era are nothing new. The gameplay has been replicated multiple times, the look isn't anything new. AEW needs to stop trying to always be the next (insert 90's wrestling culture throwback). Fight Forever is going to be the WWE ECW version of No Mercy and we already got that with Legends of Wrestling games.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bring back the branching story trees. That's some good completionist stuff.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Ricky Starks promo was awesome

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Just bring back the branching story trees. That's some good completionist stuff.
    Reminded me of choose your own adventure books.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Regarding Rampage this week

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Regarding Rampage this week

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminded me of choose your own adventure books.
    I do agree with your earlier No Mercy sentiment. It was a lot the experience. Even non-wrestling fans would play that game.

Still laugh at memories of playing the Royal Rumble style with people

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree with your earlier No Mercy sentiment. It was a lot the experience. Even non-wrestling fans would play that game.

Still laugh at memories of playing the Royal Rumble style with people
    Exactly. When I was in high school a lot of cliques died because wrestling was so popular it mashed up a lot of circles together. Backyard wrestling was booming too thanks in part to the Dude Love tapes. So you'd gather at some kid's house depending on the system they had and it was all walks of life having a 4-way dance and then going out on the trampoline with the video camera with 20 people from our school, another 50 coming just watch lol.

Nowadays the youth are just hopping online, maybe not as much backyard wrestling post-WWE 2K or Fire Pro whatever they're playing. I mean there have been WWE games that had better game play, graphics, story mode than No Mercy. But for me and many many others is that connection we all made. Not tryin to sound corny but it's true. As long as you weren't a total fuckin idiot you were usually in the mix.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 had the added bonus of me knowing who everyone was. I played WCW/nWo Revenge everyday for a good year or two after it came out, and I really only knew who the ex WWE guys were, but that didn't stop me from loving it, like you all are saying about people who don't watch wrestling enjoyed No Mercy.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. When I was in high school a lot of cliques died because wrestling was so popular it mashed up a lot of circles together. Backyard wrestling was booming too thanks in part to the Dude Love tapes. So you'd gather at some kid's house depending on the system they had and it was all walks of life having a 4-way dance and then going out on the trampoline with the video camera with 20 people from our school, another 50 coming just watch lol.

Nowadays the youth are just hopping online, maybe not as much backyard wrestling post-WWE 2K or Fire Pro whatever they're playing. I mean there have been WWE games that had better game play, graphics, story mode than No Mercy. But for me and many many others is that connection we all made. Not tryin to sound corny but it's true. As long as you weren't a total fuckin idiot you were usually in the mix.
    The other thing was shelf-life. It wasn't as if every game was completely replaced every year then. No Mercy got play for years.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random All character Royal Rumble needs a comeback.

When you did multi-player, and someone was tossed out waiting for their next character-knowing it could be anyone from one of the Godfather's hoes to Stone Cold-that was 10 seconds of real anticipation.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other thing was shelf-life. It wasn't as if every game was completely replaced every year then. No Mercy got play for years.
    To be fair that was the last WWF game on the N64. They were pretty consistent with releasing 1 game a year going back to the days of WWF King of the Ring on NES.

Random All character Royal Rumble needs a comeback.

When you did multi-player, and someone was tossed out waiting for their next character-knowing it could be anyone from one of the Godfather's hoes to Stone Cold-that was 10 seconds of real anticipation.
    I just that if you were given Pat Patterson or Mae Young the move list would be a little more than what we got lol. Every female had that big giant Sable slap move lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is reminding me of my one friend who used to run away whenever I built up to a finisher. Would run out of the ring and up the entrance ramp Used to piss me off, as when he got a finisher I'd try to fight him back and reverse the finisher. I wonder whatever happened to that dude. Haven't seen or heard from him since 2004/2005. My other friend said he used to cheat or play unfairly in Madden. I wouldn't know, I've never played a handegg game.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is reminding me of my one friend who used to run away whenever I built up to a finisher. Would run out of the ring and up the entrance ramp Used to piss me off, as when he got a finisher I'd try to fight him back and reverse the finisher. I wonder whatever happened to that dude. Haven't seen or heard from him since 2004/2005. My other friend said he used to cheat or play unfairly in Madden. I wouldn't know, I've never played a handegg game.
    I'm wondering how many people I became friends with based on what console they had and wrestling games to go with it. My friend Mike had a Playstation so we knew that was our guy to play games like Raw, Warzone, In Your House, Nitro, etc. But then he got addicted to meth and sold one of the games his roommate bought (Attitude) and so I ended up getting a PS from my gf at the time.

I'll tell you what...if AEW is more like WCW v. the World on Playstation they'll be better off. As long as we don't have to do button combos to do moves. I think the newest 2K has that shit and I'm not a fan.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved Starks’s promo. Although kinda wish he said that being a later opponent for MJF rather than his first challenger as we all know he won’t win. If later on down the reign where there’s a chance he could beat him, it would have been even better.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    The world will be a better place when Ricky Starks is AEW World Champion.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from his entrance pose, I'm a big fan of Ricky Starks. He's definitely one of those guys that stood out immediately but was kind of hanging out in the low mid a little too long. I haven't watched Dynamite just yet so I haven't heard the promo. What I will say is that he needs some more big wins before being a serious threat to the title.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    His promo was great and his facial reactions to the stuff MJF was saying also good.

I am a fan and I wouldn't be surprised to see him be champ in the future.

Should be a good match next week between him and MJF.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't see how MJF is good on the mic. I find him rather annoying, in a bad way.

Ricky Starks was dynamite though.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FTR are probably losing the ROH Belts tomorrow. They're booked against Dralistico and Dragon Lee at the end of the month in AAA and the seems like they're dropping those belts there. And on January 4th they're probably losing the IWGP Belts in the Dome.

Kinda feels like nothing came of them winning three sets of belts.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think their contract is coming up so not surprised to see them drop the belts. They should have put the AEW belts when they had a chance. I don't blame them for keeping them on the Acclaimed right now but there was chances before this last week to do a match and let them have all 4 sets of belts. Been cool to see them with all the gold but yeah they have only done a couple New Japan shows. The ROH is the ones they defend the most I think.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Defrost. Feels like the belt collector gimmick wasn't much especially when the AEW tag titles should've been on their shoulders as well. They've had the other 3 titles for a long time. I feel like FTR should've won the belts in the summer. Swerve/Lee and The Acclaimed....meh. The Acclaimed at least got over despite never really wrestling over the last year lol. I think as a tag-team they aren't very good and them being champs isn't about in ring ability. It's about merch. Too Cool were tag champs once upon a time.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I agree. FTR should have gotten the belts this summer. It was like they didn't know what to do with this great tag team that holds 3 tag titles. They kind of wasted them through the year.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little nuggets of genius fall out of AEW programming. Their tag division hasn't been one of them. I've actually been pretty negative about the tag division since day one. But who knows...If the company is around 5 years from now we might look back and go damn, those first couple years weren't as bad as what we're seeing now. I'm also someone who has a very high sometimes unrealistic standard for tag-team wrestling.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Acclaimed aren’t the most technically sound of teams but that’s doesn’t too much to me. As long as they can entertain and they are over, I’m happy with them keeping the belts for a while.

Definitely agree that they missed the boat with FTR though.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Dax had a a strong series of singles matches in the past year or so, which seems strange when you've got three sets of titles that could be defended against all comers at AEW tapings. Maybe Cash was having complications with his arm injury.
    (For what it's worth, I checked the official site. Cash has had 64 matches, Dax 71. It seems up to date, MJF is world champion, Preston Vance is unmasked. On the other hand, CM Punk is still there)

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    Dax had a a strong series of singles matches in the past year or so, which seems strange when you've got three sets of titles that could be defended against all comers at AEW tapings. Maybe Cash was having complications with his arm injury.
    (For what it's worth, I checked the official site. Cash has had 64 matches, Dax 71. It seems up to date, MJF is world champion, Preston Vance is unmasked. On the other hand, CM Punk is still there)
    Dax has definite potential as a singles wrestler. Distinctive look, put on some bangers and been featured more prominently in singles on TV I think.

No disrespect to Cash but he seems the “Marty Jannetty” type and less sure of his future should they split. He obviously does his bit but think Dax could be more marketable.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Reminiscent of when Bret Hart would get the occasional singles match between the mid 80's and the end of the Hart Foundation.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    Reminiscent of when Bret Hart would get the occasional singles match between the mid 80's and the end of the Hart Foundation.
    Looks-wise, Dax reminds me of Saturn. Nothing else otherwise from that and Khan hasn’t had him romance a mop….yet. But otherwise he stands out far more. If they were to ever split, not sure on Cash as he seems generic so not sure if he’d stand out or be successful.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF/Starks was pretty good but weirdly enough, Jericho/Andretti in a 123 Kid/Razor way was even better for me. Even cooler that apparently Jericho handpicked to put him over after watching him on Dark. That’s pretty awesome. Looks like Will Ospreay’s twin brother lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know people do that whole "marty jannetty" routine but those of us who grew up in the late 80's into the 90's knew that Marty Jannetty was just as much if not more of the standout between the two. I think had drugs/alcohol not fucked him up he would've gone on to great things as well.

What we should really be doing is calling them the Neidhart. That's a guy who was dead in the water outside of teaming with Bret. No matter who he was with, he wasn't a Billy Gunn who sucked on his own but could team up with a can of beans and get over (See The Acclaimed).

Dax is like Arn Anderson. Would he thrive on his own? Maybe. Arn was great in the midcard, would he have been a great World champion? Probably. But at this point I'd rather FTR solidify their status as one of the true great tag-teams not just of this era but of all time than splitting them up and one or both flopping. Think Rock N Roll Express or Midnight Express. Together, incredible. On their own...meh.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60 minute time limit. 20 minutes left in the show.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    hayter/shida was really great. by far the best AEW women's match ever, and one of the best matches of the year.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I tune in occasionally, am always irritated when the announcers talk over Jericho’s theme song. It is a pretty cool thing, having however many thousand people singing along; IIRC, it started pretty organically.

A very underrated skill of being an announcer is knowing when to shut the fuck up and let the moment speak for itself…

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I tune in occasionally, am always irritated when the announcers talk over Jericho’s theme song. It is a pretty cool thing, having however many thousand people singing along; IIRC, it started pretty organically.

A very underrated skill of being an announcer is knowing when to shut the fuck up and let the moment speak for itself…
    it's been going on for three years now. not every fucking sing-a-long needs special, undivided attention.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    When it first started happening they didn't talk over it. After it became the norm they did.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not forget Jericho is a heel. Unless we're to assume fans can be heels/faces as well I say talk over it the whole time. Downside is I don't know what's worse, that song or the commentary team.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Crazy trios match. Looking forward to see what these 6 do in that finale in two weeks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you thought AEW sucked at booking their women's division, take one look at their booking of the tag division since Omega/Page won the titles. Especially now...Imagine you have all these great teams, and you put your tag champs against Lethal and Jarrett lol.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hager’s another one that’s been booked oddly. Undefeated MMA record. He went from monster who could be mixing it up right now with the likes of Wardlow, Joe and Hobbs in a hossfest….to falling in love with a hat.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I have no idea why Jarrett is wrestling and not just a manager or something and why the hell are Lethal and him getting a feud with the tag champs. Yeah been a bit frustrating.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least we’ve got a great Acclaimed video out of it.

“Stealing money like it’s Kurt Angle’s wife”

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 100% cool with The Acclaimed v. Lethal/Jarrett. I'm not cool at all with the tag titles being in the mix.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 100% cool with The Acclaimed v. Lethal/Jarrett. I'm not cool at all with the tag titles being in the mix.
    Oh I definitely agree it’s a bit silly when FTR were the #1 contenders for months and these guys get the shot for pissing off the champs. Not that surprising though since they’ve done away with the kayfabe rankings.

If the Acclaimed go over I can live with it. Other way round not so much.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    At least we’ve got a great Acclaimed video out of it.

“Stealing money like it’s Kurt Angle’s wife”
    Karen is trying to make an angle out of it and get herself a job. Aew is about to go full tna

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a time where Karen Angle was the most beautiful women in all of wrestling. She was like the younger gen's Kimberly. Borderline cougar. Looking 2 sweeeet. Kurt must've been a pain in the fucking ass for her to leave him for Double job.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    There was a time where Karen Angle was the most beautiful women in all of wrestling. She was like the younger gen's Kimberly. Borderline cougar. Looking 2 sweeeet. Kurt must've been a pain in the fucking ass for her to leave him for Double job.
    She was a stripper back in the day. I wouldn't have minded to see that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    She was a stripper back in the day. I wouldn't have minded to see that.
    I was today years old when I found that out lol. Never heard that. I figured she was some plain jane housewife and after Kurt started making the big money she turned into a smokeshow.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I was today years old when I found that out lol. Never heard that. I figured she was some plain jane housewife and after Kurt started making the big money she turned into a smokeshow.
    That's surprising you didn't know that. I've heard Kevin Nash, of all people, tell that story numerous times on shoots.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    That's surprising you didn't know that. I've heard Kevin Nash, of all people, tell that story numerous times on shoots.
    If I heard it I probably thought they were just talking out their ass. Hey I love Nash, but that guy's memory is not the best he talks a lot of shit that isn't true lol.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually TK never has the show mention what guys are doing outside AEW but I wonder if Omega vs Ospreay gets mentioned tonight. Especially since the most logical place for the rematch is Forbidden Door 2.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    have to admit i'm pessimistic about this "new look". we'll see

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pessimistic Patty

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    acclaimed vs. lethal and jarrett fucking RULED. omega/ospreay surpassed as match of the year. that was such an old school southern tag. i repent of anything negative i thought about jeff jarrett in aew.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an awesome day of wrestling

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    one of the all time best dynamites. that was such a crowd-pleasing show.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I only caught the MJF/DB confrontation on Youtube and quite liked it, MJF felt like a young Ric Flair there.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't watch wrestling from 1965 so I have no idea what a young Ric Flair feels like.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I didn't watch wrestling from 1965 so I have no idea what a young Ric Flair feels like.
    You know, I was thinking of Flair from the mid/late 80's in Mid-Atlantic/Crockett, but come to think of it Flair was actually pushing 40 at the time. Still "young" compared to an old fart like me but not exactly a young, up-and comer in the wrestling business at the time.

Flair was MJF's current age in 1975.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest, when you said young Ric Flair I thought of the mid 80's Flair lol. YOUNGER Ric Flair.

MJF is like Cody Rhodes and CM Punk. AEW talent doing WWE style wrestling. I don't care what CM Punk says about WWE he fit like a glove in their system. That's why he stood out in ROH. Nobody has came close but maybe Kevin Owens during the SCUM storyline to a CM Punk in ROH. Cody Rhodes, his matches, his promos, his fucking entrance, straight out of the WWE. MJF isn't new but he's doing it the best out of anyone in years that wasn't already established i.e. CM Punk. Some of these guys think they're a throwback to the 70's naw they're Attitude/nWo era throwbacks which is great. No offense to Harley Race but he cuts the same promos my grandpa used to cut on the Boston Celtics.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Acclaimed vs. Jarrett/Lethal is FTR vs. Briscoes of 2023