0 Thread(s)
    usa
    1.11 mill. Not too shabby!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just hope they get a good rating for Rampage with it being on a Friday. It's also only an hour, right?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Should be good, they’ll prob have a big card that night and pull the trigger on Phil or Bryan debuting

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I just hope they get a good rating for Rampage with it being on a Friday. It's also only an hour, right?
    Plus it's on after SD, correct? If so, that's kinda cool you get to watch SD and then Rampage so 3 hours but 2 different companies. So the time slot isn't the greatest if it's in fact 10pm EST but you never know.

Right now AEW is feeling like when I buy a new WWE game and immediately go to community creations lol. Holy fucking shit they have a lot of people on the roster for the sake of having people on the roster. The joys of a never-ending bank account, I'd be doing the same shit. Their roster has to be almost the same size as all WWE brands combined.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw something about a ratings drop but it was from 1.148 last week to 1.108 last night, so it's still over a million.
    Is that good?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Should be good, they’ll prob have a big card that night and pull the trigger on Phil or Bryan debuting
    You think? They'd have to hype it up. 10pm on a Friday night? Eh, I expect too much out of wrestling fans to have lives so yeah it probably will have the debut of one of them. I definitely see them debuting within a week of each other if not the same week but one Dynamite the other on Rampage.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Is that good?
    Over a million is good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, for as fucked in the head as Tony Khan is for bringing in the bank addicted drug robber Nick Gage, I give Chris Jericho at least a tiny bit of credit for playing along with the crackhead wonderfuck's little reindeer games. Jericho's at a place in his career where he literally never has to do anything he doesn't absolutely, positively want to. So The Covid Judas taking lightbulb tubes to the dome and blading for somebody who looks like every white trash scumfuck arrested on "COPS" for trying to kick down his ex-girlfriend's door while high on paint thinner and crystal meth, really meant that Jericho was all for it. And even though he looks like an angry, bloated mime cosplaying as Rob Halford from Judas Priest, Jericho went all-in. He didn't pussyfoot around. And the right guy went over. Jericho might have spewed "the mist" like a beached whale expelling bilge water from its blowhole, and the Judas Effect elbow has all the impact of a strong gust of wind, but the right guy went over.

Now give Nick Gage his $40, a baggie of weed, and a bus ticket back to Methtown, New Jersey and tell him to fuck off and never come back. We've indulged him, now its time for Jericho, as bloated and and Meatloaf-ish as he is, to get back to wrestling the grownups.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Domino's has disavowed AEW and said they're considering pulling their ad spots after the pizza cutter spot picture in picture with their ad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The asshole in me wants the Punk talk to fizzle out and be nothing. I've explained a few times how I'm not keen on him coming back after 7 years and offering something that is the same shit we've been seeing. Punk's routine doesn't work if everyone else on the roster does it, even if they do a very weak version of it. I'm worried his work will be lackluster. Upside is he was never super clean like Styles or Danielson so if he is a little sloppy that's out of the ordinary but again....I see a dude who was already losing a step due to injuries, he dipped into MMA for a long time, he's had an in-ring return in the rearview for a grip.

And he could easily kill all of my fears and put on some great matches at this stage in his life. I'm just preparing for the worst. More often than not when you see someone out this long, it isn't what you remember by any stretch when they do return.
    If he's taking it seriously he'll have been hitting up some wrestling school and getting hismelf into great shape and wearing the rust of.

He's only 42 so should still be able to go for another 5-10 years and the rest period might have done him good on the injury front. It's been quite a while since he even did the MMA stuff.

I think if they work it right then he should be fine match wise. He doesn't need to wrestle that often, just keep him for big matches against Omega, Bryan, Moxley, Cody, Andrade, Penta/Fenix, Miro, Black, PAC, MJF at first. Maybes a tag match with the Bucks at somepoint. I'd prob keep him away from Jericho as they had a fairly long rivalry in WWE and I don't think they'd be capable of doing much better at this point.

Then hopefully they can build up to the likes of Guevara and Starks and the like if they can establish themselves as top carders.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I assume he was working on ring stuff when working on Heels and “internet rumorz” indicate that 1 or 2 people have been training with him on the low for the last few months.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently waiting in queue to check the prices of these "First Dance" tickets. I already blew money on Dynamite and Rampage in September, but this event kind of begs to make an exception for it.

EDIT: Aaaaaand purchased
    Last edited by Psycho666Soldier; July 30th, 2021 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    If he's taking it seriously he'll have been hitting up some wrestling school and getting hismelf into great shape and wearing the rust of.

He's only 42 so should still be able to go for another 5-10 years and the rest period might have done him good on the injury front. It's been quite a while since he even did the MMA stuff.

I think if they work it right then he should be fine match wise. He doesn't need to wrestle that often, just keep him for big matches against Omega, Bryan, Moxley, Cody, Andrade, Penta/Fenix, Miro, Black, PAC, MJF at first. Maybes a tag match with the Bucks at somepoint. I'd prob keep him away from Jericho as they had a fairly long rivalry in WWE and I don't think they'd be capable of doing much better at this point.

Then hopefully they can build up to the likes of Guevara and Starks and the like if they can establish themselves as top carders.
    I don't know. He's had some serious injuries not just in wrestling but while training. He might "only" be 42 but I don't see him wrestling another 5-10 years. He was already breaking down pretty easily prior to stepping away and again, he's had injuries while training MMA and who knows what doesn't get reported.

The upside is there, but I'm preparing myself for the worst so that way I can be somewhat happy even if it's a truly shitty performance. I usually do that with my favorites. When Kevin Nash came back and worked that ladder match against Triple H I did everything I could to convince myself it was ok. It actually didn't suck but who knows that might be the low expectations I had going in lol.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah United Center is gonna sell out

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it somewhat takeaway from the shock of CM Punk returning to wrestling with all these hints? Or are the AEW bookers smart in having their talent drop hints because of how fans are with needing to know beforehand? A lot of fans say they like being surprised, they don't. The fans that are left at least.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The goal is to make money. Saving Punk for a surprise doesn't sell out United Center.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Currently waiting in queue to check the prices of these "First Dance" tickets. I already blew money on Dynamite and Rampage in September, but this event kind of begs to make an exception for it.

EDIT: Aaaaaand purchased
    Congrats dude. Maybe the system is better now, I spent like 2 hours trying to get tickets for Revolution last year and bots got them all.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    The goal is to make money. Saving Punk for a surprise doesn't sell out United Center.
    I disagree with the part about Punk. The last 3 years that they've been in Chicago the fans start wondering, is he coming back?? Danielson's name was also mentioned as a possible debut. THey'd sell out regardless.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I disagree with the part about Punk. The last 3 years that they've been in Chicago the fans start wondering, is he coming back?? Danielson's name was also mentioned as a possible debut. THey'd sell out regardless.
    How many more seats is United Center compared to where they usually run shows? Is this the biggest venue they've ever ran?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, half the arena has sold already according to Meltzer. Pretty insane.

I think Punk showing up as a shock/surprise would be cool, but there's also nothing wrong with advertising it low-key. Most of us already know the rumors. And they haven't directly said Punk will show up, so the marketing is still intriguing. There's still that small chance that this is all a troll job/red herring and something else happens.

Congrats dude. Maybe the system is better now, I spent like 2 hours trying to get tickets for Revolution last year and bots got them all.
    Not sure how it was then, and this time was still kind of annoying, but not sure if it's because tickets were selling that fast or the system was confused. Past waiting in the queue, it probably took me like 10 minutes to finally purchase some decent tickets.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many more seats is United Center compared to where they usually run shows? Is this the biggest venue they've ever ran?
    23,000+ seats but IDK how many they'll actually have for wrestling considering the stage, ring, etc.

Right now they're running the NOW which seats about 11,000. I mean fuck, I think AEW could sell out the United Center with the current roster.

I'm officially convinced he's coming back. Part of me thinks the Danielson talk is just talk at the moment. But I definitely think the idea that one or both could show up in Chicago is enough to sell it out.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wintrust Arena(Revolution from last year's venue) is a roughly 10-11k capacity for comparison, whereas the United Center is 20k+. I'm pretty sure it's the biggest venue they've done so far.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, this will be their biggest. had covid not been a thing, and they got to run blood and guts at the prudential center last year, that would've been the biggest.

the rescheduled philly date from last april is october 6th. im almost glad covid pushed it back so far, cause now i dont gotta scramble to get tickets for that show, filled with all the fall out of this crazy two months that's about to happen. fingers crossed the delta variant holds the fuck off until after that.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's actually pretty impressive how AEW was able to carry the momentum through the pandemic to come out of it hotter than ever. Even if it ends up burning out quick, props to them for taking enough advantage of the pandemic to keep the product interesting.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I figured that the more and more WWE talent they were signing and the other established talents from various promotions coming in for one offs would have turned fans off.

Just kidding. It's not a shock that the more and more established talent that comes to AEW the more people will be interested. Storylines are pretty shit in AEW, but the variety is what really sells it for me. It's nice not to see Jon Moxley v. Kenny Omega for 3 weeks in a row and then they wrestle on the ppv, then another 3-4 weeks of Kenny v. Jon on Dynamite.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does IP work for entrance music. Like Punks is Living Colour song and Bryan's is a classic by Wagner. So in those cases do WWE pay a fee and then IP the songs so they can only be used in WWE or can AEW pay the band/Up on them should WWE have reliquished any IP rights and be able to use them as well?

I'm taking they can't as I can't remember any wrestlers bar when WWE obtained WCWs full package going across anywhere else and using the theme tunes but for the most part WWE uses their own music people and I think WCW did to a lesser extent.

It just so happens with these two WWE didn't use their own music for the songs they are most notable for.

Would be pretty amazing if Living Colour blasted out upon return.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also like one of them to announce themselves during some chaos. Most of AEWs new signings show up as an announcement or some sort of promo. I think the impact of a debut or return is so much better when there is a melee and then they come down and clear house.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How does IP work for entrance music. Like Punks is Living Colour song and Bryan's is a classic by Wagner. So in those cases do WWE pay a fee and then IP the songs so they can only be used in WWE or can AEW pay the band/Up on them should WWE have reliquished any IP rights and be able to use them as well?

I'm taking they can't as I can't remember any wrestlers bar when WWE obtained WCWs full package going across anywhere else and using the theme tunes but for the most part WWE uses their own music people and I think WCW did to a lesser extent.

It just so happens with these two WWE didn't use their own music for the songs they are most notable for.

WWE was licensing Cult of Personality when Punk was in WWE.

AEW should be able to license Cult of Personality without issue, from what I understand. He also used it in UFC.

I think Flight of the Valkyries is actually royalty free so anyone can use it. I would like Tony Kahn to see how much The Final Countdown is though. This is the American Dragon Bryan Danielson, not Daniel Bryan.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they don't outright give them something new, they could go back to their ROH themes. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bryan come out to The Final Countdown.

Punk coming out to AFI might be a bit out of place nowadays, though.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll eat Jim Ross's hat if Punk doesn't come out to Cult of Personality.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll eat Jim Ross's hat if Punk doesn't come out to Cult of Personality.
    With BBQ Sauce?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE was licensing Cult of Personality when Punk was in WWE.

AEW should be able to license Cult of Personality without issue, from what I understand. He also used it in UFC.

I think Flight of the Valkyries is actually royalty free so anyone can use it. I would like Tony Kahn to see how much The Final Countdown is though. This is the American Dragon Bryan Danielson, not Daniel Bryan.
    You can come out to anything in the UFC. Something about it being live. That's why Hogan could come out to Voodoo Chile at WrestleMania but everything released has Real American. Kind of odd watching him air guitar out of synch.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can come out to anything in the UFC. Something about it being live. That's why Hogan could come out to Voodoo Chile at WrestleMania but everything released has Real American. Kind of odd watching him air guitar out of synch.
    It being live, that doesn't fly. Bischoff had to go through licensing for Voodoo Child, I believe he went through Hendrix's sis to get the deal done.

But UFC though, hooo boy they dodge this by a hair. So they have rights to the broadcasting, but only rights to the broadcast itself. Any RE-broadcasting or re-streamns or DVD sales etc. they will dub over other music to avoid royalty issues. It's always such a mess.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now rumours that Brock Lesnar has signed up to AEW. No idea if it's just people running with the latest news and trying to get a few clicks or if it has any truth to it but imagine that trio of signings. Would be a hell of a statement.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the rumor is that he isn't signed.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The rumor I heard was he signed with someone other than WWE, which means UFC to fight Ngannou probably.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

That makes things make more sense.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    It being live, that doesn't fly. Bischoff had to go through licensing for Voodoo Child, I believe he went through Hendrix's sis to get the deal done.

But UFC though, hooo boy they dodge this by a hair. So they have rights to the broadcasting, but only rights to the broadcast itself. Any RE-broadcasting or re-streamns or DVD sales etc. they will dub over other music to avoid royalty issues. It's always such a mess.
    You explained it much better lol. My best friend's band was on a few of the 2008-20012 era DVDs. One time I believe they were Chuck Liddell's entrance on one of the DVD's but you could still hear DMX in the background very faintly. Their manager would send in like 4 songs and the UFC would splice them up and scatter them throughout. Pretty cool.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes things make more sense.
    So it's all for nothing? Man, as a father of 4 I'd like to think whether it was #1 or #4 that if I was about to live my dream, main event the biggest ppv in AEW history while also winning the World title that my wife would understand lol. But on the other hand....I guess we can get another 15-16 tweets out of that dude explaining that this was the plan the whole time. Page purposely knocked up his wife, all that shit so he could dedicate it to his newborn child!!

I just want this dude to win the title so we can see what he brings to the table. We knew 10-20 years ago what Jericho, Mox, and Omega bring. Time for fresh blood.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenny Omega wrestled a 9-year old once, right?

Maybe they're swerving us. Hangman's having a kid so Hangman Page Jr. can wrestle Twinkle Toes McFingerFuck on AEW's next pay-per-view? It'll be the first ever "Grown Adult vs. Newborn Baby" match in wrestling history.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So it's all for nothing? Man, as a father of 4 I'd like to think whether it was #1 or #4 that if I was about to live my dream, main event the biggest ppv in AEW history while also winning the World title that my wife would understand lol. But on the other hand....I guess we can get another 15-16 tweets out of that dude explaining that this was the plan the whole time. Page purposely knocked up his wife, all that shit so he could dedicate it to his newborn child!!

I just want this dude to win the title so we can see what he brings to the table. We knew 10-20 years ago what Jericho, Mox, and Omega bring. Time for fresh blood.
    What.

it’s his first kid and I think being a dad is more important than a wrestling title. Maybe that’s just me.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Page has his priorities straight, that alone deserves high respeccs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What.

it’s his first kid and I think being a dad is more important than a wrestling title. Maybe that’s just me.
    It's just you and the guy with no kids that thinks he's a VCR.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Kenny Omega wrestled a 9-year old once, right?

Maybe they're swerving us. Hangman's having a kid so Hangman Page Jr. can wrestle Twinkle Toes McFingerFuck on AEW's next pay-per-view? It'll be the first ever "Grown Adult vs. Newborn Baby" match in wrestling history.
    If they don't give Page's wife a Canadian Destroyer...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Real life is definitely more important than wrestling.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real life is definitely more important than wrestling.
    Question, and maybe I'm completely misinformed....What pays the bills?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Question, and maybe I'm completely misinformed....What pays the bills?
    I think he gets paid pretty well. Missing a few shows won't hurt. He probably saves anyway, doesn't seem like he has an extravagant life style.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he gets paid pretty well. Missing a few shows won't hurt. He probably saves anyway, doesn't seem like he has an extravagant life style.
    Or he doesn't get paid that well and has to live that same ROH lifestyle. Now another mouth to feed and he's turning down the title?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do you think the title gets people more money? Do they get it from the pay window?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think the title gets people more money? Do they get it from the pay window?
    There used to be a time where being the champ did get you more money...I guess that just shows you that you could be a Kenny Omega or a Player Uno and it doesn't really matter if you are the champion.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Khan doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would tell Page not to be present for the birth of his first child.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Evil Uno. Booking still matters.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Tony Khan doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would tell Page not to be present for the birth of his first child.
    the guy who signed a 9-year-old to a contract so that the family of one of his talent who tragically died could still have an income…yeah, can’t see him telling page “if you don’t skip out on being dad, you’re never getting this belt for fake fighting”

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would imagine being a part of The Elite already meant he was probably making one of the biggest wages in the company.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Page stuff. Firstly - I have 2 kids and there's a 0.0 percent chance i would miss the birth. It's not just the birth, I'm guessing he takes a couple of weeks or months off to be there in the early days - so even if he DID do All Out, it would be hard to capitalise on it in the immediate aftermath.

That being said, i think the pivot is a cocktail of things.

First - you don't want this title change to be overshadowed by anything else. When it happens, it has to be THE thing happening, absolute focus. Punk/Bryan muddy the waters in that respect, so while the build was perfect for all out - sometimes other things come up and having the ability and wherewithall to adapt in hopes of doing it RIGHT and not just doing it because it was the plan, is commended.

Second - the story is about hangman accepting failure and being okay with it. Deciding he wants the title, going on a tear and then winning the title doesnt complete that story. Now he has failed, the Dark Order has failed. This is the end of act 2 in a film if you like, the bottom of the valley. Now its about him not only failing, but accepting that failure and coming back even stronger. Obviously that's a narrative you're almost writing as you go due to other, real life circumstances but works for me.

Third - there is a LOT of money to be had in Bryan and Punk vs Omega in respective title matches. Got to strike on those while you can. Have OMEGA beat them both by nefarious means and then you have Cowboy somehow win the title match back for full gear or Revolution and win it. Hes beaten the guy NOBODY else, not even Punk or Omega could beat.

AEW has the good will built with me that I am pretty sure we still get the mega moment and it still happens, just need to wait a little longer. Having "too much cool shit we could possibly do" rather than rematches of the same guys every week is a much more fun issue to have

As an aside - Bryan should debut at Arthur Ashe by beating Miro in an open challenge for the TNT title and then just do workhorse matches every week.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I’d keep Punk and Bryan away from Kenny. I think they could do Penta vs Kenny and it would be great.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing we are getting Christian/Kenny at all out as one of those middle of the card world title matches
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Sammy vs Darby would be cool, but I'm not buying it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darby Allin, despite being the size of my 10 year old daughter, should be World champion right now. Dude just gets it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Kenny, what's the old saying?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darby Allin, despite being the size of my 10 year old daughter, should be World champion right now. Dude just gets it.
    I have to laugh when I see him because he's in one of my favorite DDPY classes and DDP keeps yelling at him to do it better.

I think he and I are the same size though. He might be an inch taller than me but we weigh the same I bet.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I have to laugh when I see him because he's in one of my favorite DDPY classes and DDP keeps yelling at him to do it better.

I think he and I are the same size though. He might be an inch taller than me but we weigh the same I bet.
    Darby Allin is in DDPY? You're the size of Darby Allin? I think it's time for a name change for you.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's like when they call a big dude Tiny lol. Zeus for example.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darby Allin is in DDPY? You're the size of Darby Allin? I think it's time for a name change for you.
    Yeah he's in one live class that we do once a week at least. Funny story about that video I linked, if you look at the jacked up shirtless guy on the left hand side, that's Rick Steiner's son who was on the Ravens as a fullback for a minute last year.

A lot of people call me 'Big Al' because I'm small as fuck and they do it ironically.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he's in one live class that we do once a week at least. Funny story about that video I linked, if you look at the jacked up shirtless guy on the left hand side, that's Rick Steiner's son who was on the Ravens as a fullback for a minute last year.

A lot of people call me 'Big Al' because I'm small as fuck and they do it ironically.
    I still wish your name wasn't AL and it was AI I used to think, man, what the fuck is Big Artificial Intelligence? Is it like Big Pharma? Lol

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    extremely un-excited about the prospect of adam cole in aew

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    extremely un-excited about the prospect of adam cole in aew
    Let's wait until he signs to AEW and come back to this post. It seems like once you become "all elite" the mood changes immediately with the AEW gatekeepers. I'm weeding them out, feel free to join.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nash talking nonsense per usual. Lol.

He's good friends with the Bucks and Britt Baker is his girlfriend so I could see it happening.

The Elite is big enough so if anything I could see him turning on them.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been a fan of Adam Cole, but I'm not really interested in him taking a spotlight from any of the current guys getting the shine

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    there's hardly anyone in wwe at this point i'd take if i were them. they have more than enough people, a bunch of young guys who could use more TV time like pillman jr, and punk and danielson are already coming in so those are two guys who are going to eat up a lot of time and attention. i think the only guy i'd sign if i were them is kevin owens, because they could use someone with the promo/character work abilities on his level.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still wish your name wasn't AL and it was AI I used to think, man, what the fuck is Big Artificial Intelligence? Is it like Big Pharma? Lol
    100% there’s actually a “Big AI” and it’s run by a combination of Zuckerberg, Gates, and Musk. We all know how it’ll end, too. They duck around thinking they’re making everyone’s lives easier and making a trillion bucks, but in reality they make Ultron.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    100% there’s actually a “Big AI” and it’s run by a combination of Zuckerberg, Gates, and Musk. We all know how it’ll end, too. They duck around thinking they’re making everyone’s lives easier and making a trillion bucks, but in reality they make Ultron.
    Bezos, not Musk.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bezos, not Musk.
    Both, probably. I’m not convinced that Musk isn’t a robot right now. Maybe an alien.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been a fan of Adam Cole, but I'm not really interested in him taking a spotlight from any of the current guys getting the shine
    I'm not ok with Cole doing it but I am ok with CM Punk, Bray Wyatt, Daniel Bryan, and even Ric Flair doing it. That's not a negative comment either. Spots are going to be taken, people like Scorpio Sky might have a hard time arguing why he deserves the same respect as CM Punk but that's ok.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have zero interest in Bray Wyatt in AEW. I like the idea of Cole but if all he does is work the same matches he’s been having in nxt since I stopped watching 2 years ago, then he can stay where he is.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have zero interest in Bray Wyatt in AEW. I like the idea of Cole but if all he does is work the same matches he’s been having in nxt since I stopped watching 2 years ago, then he can stay where he is.
    Quit lying. You are incapable of saying anything truly negative about AEW so once either signs we'll see how opinions change drastically.

When Adam Cole comes out you, Bert, and Slare will be on your hands and knees like Piper Perri at her step-brother's graduation party ready to take whatever Tony gives you 3. Just admit it.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not ok with Cole doing it but I am ok with CM Punk, Bray Wyatt, Daniel Bryan, and even Ric Flair doing it. That's not a negative comment either. Spots are going to be taken, people like Scorpio Sky might have a hard time arguing why he deserves the same respect as CM Punk but that's ok.
    Yeah, that was more about "I would trade any of the current potential signings over Adam Cole" then it was a comment about limited space.

I do also think right now it would be too much inflation for Wyatt to come in. I would like him to have a lot of room for TV Time and to really develop a character/storyline. But if showed up, I'd gladly take it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that was more about "I would trade any of the current potential signings over Adam Cole" then it was a comment about limited space.

I do also think right now it would be too much inflation for Wyatt to come in. I would like him to have a lot of room for TV Time and to really develop a character/storyline. But if showed up, I'd gladly take it.
    I'm sure you would.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What about the Kult of Windham?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would probably be half-creepy, half take shots at WWE if he debuted at AEW lol

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What about the Kult of Windham?

That sounds stupider than the fiend

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It just boggles my mind that Vince and WWE are letting such high level talent go. With Punk, Bryan, and who knows who else debuting soon at AEW, they have all the momentum in the world. Why on earth would WWE let someone like Bray Wyatt go? Just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe there's something bigger going on in WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    It just boggles my mind that Vince and WWE are letting such high level talent go. With Punk, Bryan, and who knows who else debuting soon at AEW, they have all the momentum in the world. Why on earth would WWE let someone like Bray Wyatt go? Just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe there's something bigger going on in WWE.
    It's because they have a gigantic roster. For years we've talked about this. People are going to have to go.

To be real honest, we haven't lost too many top guys. Fiend and Strowman are it. Everyone else? Ehhhh. Let other companies benefit from the platform WWE has that gave these wrestlers the exposure needed. If that helps Impact squeak another 5-10 years or New Japan gets some variety, that's awesome. It gives more opportunities for WWE talent that aren't getting much tv time and it also allows WWE to freshen up the roster in certain aspects.

And if those talents go to AEW or another televised product, it keeps them fresh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be over the moon to see any of Braun, Bray or Cole in AEW. Roster might need some tweeking but they would all be good and beneficial acquisitions.

AEW has a load of people they can let go and they are likely good need to shift some people about anyway.

I mean would anyone miss Marko Stunt, Stu Grayson, Evil Uno, Peter Avalon, Joey Janela, Luthor, Sonny Kiss, Big Swole, Leva Bates, Nyla Rose, Alan Angels, Aaron Solo, Luchasaurus, Angelico, Preston Vance, Jack Evans, Colt Cabana as just a few names.

They could sack all them tomorrow without bringing anyone in and it'd still be a better product for it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be over the moon to see any of Braun, Bray or Cole in AEW. Roster might need some tweeking but they would all be good and beneficial acquisitions.

AEW has a load of people they can let go and they are likely good need to shift some people about anyway.

I mean would anyone miss Marko Stunt, Stu Grayson, Evil Uno, Peter Avalon, Joey Janela, Luthor, Sonny Kiss, Big Swole, Leva Bates, Nyla Rose, Alan Angels, Aaron Solo, Luchasaurus, Angelico, Preston Vance, Jack Evans, Colt Cabana as just a few names.

They could sack all them tomorrow without bringing anyone in and it'd still be a better product for it.
    There are 3-4 people in this thread I know for a fact think you're a piece of shit for even suggesting AEW let go those people.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 3-4 people in this thread I know for a fact think you're a piece of shit for even suggesting AEW let go those people.
    They could let them all go and the only difference people would notice is that Jungle Boy had to walk to the ring

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    name names. I wanna know who these yokels are!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd hate to see anyone lose a job, but isn't Luthor only there as a favor to Jericho? I saw Luthor wrestle on a Dynamite and he was pretty awful, but isn't he 60?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    name names. I wanna know who these yokels are!
    lol. I won't need to. You guys are like the ring Wraiths from Lord of the Rings.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

I like Stu, Uno, Preston Vance, and Jack Evans but I'm just a mark for that dude. Colt seems old enough he could just be a coach or an agent or whatever.

Preston is huge with a good look when he takes the mask off, he should take the mask off.

Stu and Uno are a good tag team. Stu is faster and stronger than he looks.

Jack Evans does cool breakdancing capoeira fighting and I'm just a mark for his spots.

I agree with the rest of your list and have mentioned some of them myself here.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally would miss Stu and Nyla. That's about it.

I also have a soft spot for PPA, but he's not making waves in AEW any time soon.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is sooooooo creepy.

In other news, Kenny Omega, Sept 5th. Who do people have for his opponent? I don't see it being anyone we've seen on tv. Unless we get some crazy non-title match like CM Punk v. Brock Lesnar, I think it'll be Daniel Bryan or Punk. Bryan v. Omega, imho, would be a match that on Dec 31st, 2029 we go "Damn, idk if a match has been better since".

Punk is an option but in all honesty, I can't see him not winning the title and that doesn't make the rest of the roster look that good if Punk just comes out of retirement 7 years later and beats a guy carrying 3 other titles and barely any singles losses in the last several years.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What's creepy? Being fans of wrestlers?

Christian vs Omega at All Out.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I personally would miss Stu and Nyla. That's about it.

I also have a soft spot for PPA, but he's not making waves in AEW any time soon.
    Im a big fan of the Wingmen, an absolutely highlight of Dark for me

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's creepy? Being fans of wrestlers?

Christian vs Omega at All Out.
    Main Event though?

What's his ranking? I don't know if his wins over Angelico and Matt Hardy=#1 contender. I get that once upon a time he held the belt and looked at Kenny....but is that really a ppv main event in 2021? I don't think you're giving Tony Khan's booking ability any credit with a suggestion like that.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't see any other faces that would make sense.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    PENTA EL CERO MIEDO, PENDEJO
    Last edited by Hero!; August 3rd, 2021 at 5:23 PM. Reason: autocorrect only knows one language

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, we still have a month. Christian could easily climb the rankings at this point. Especially since he just finished the feud with Hardy.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just bring over Ibushi and let them have sex in the middle of the ring. 9-Star classic.