Results 2,801 to 2,900 of 15623

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEETH View Post
    We are not even a year into this company and people are bitching about the women's division which WWE did not get right until 5 years ago.
    Well to his credit Vince at least had women rasslin women even if everything didn't always come up smelling Roses to the SJW's.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    MJF is a gem.

Although I'm of the opinion that if somebody from WWE were to do this... like AJ Styles or Garza... the masses would cry for blood and call for them to be fired immediately.
    MJF is great;
    The parent is a dork;

Garza is good (which means he should be buried soon...) but it would never happen.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF is a gem.

Although I'm of the opinion that if somebody from WWE were to do this... like AJ Styles or Garza... the masses would cry for blood and call for them to be fired immediately.
    The only "masses" who watch the WWE are us my brother. The same people deepthroating MJF would be deepthroating Styles or Garza. I know I would be. Did you see Raw? Those same masses that were chanting for Randy to drop Beth Phoenix would be the same ones going ape shit if Orton, who has done shit like this plenty of times, did that to a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Per the Observer, it has been noted that Awesome Kong had been producing women's matches while she was there and will be back doing so after the currently filmed season of “GLOW” is over.
    The Observer also said Kinnnnny was producing them as well so both of them should probably stop and maybe call up Fit Finlay or let Dean Malenko in there. Or are these old guys just props to get lame ass WWE midcarders over in another promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    A GoFundMe has been started to fund Cody's tattoo removal...
    Take the time to listen to this because it's fucking hilarious.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "He has a neck tattoo on his chest and a chest tattoo on his neck." That dude is on point there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It definitely beats having to go to Jack Swagger for advice.

I actually think they should bring in George South, show these spot monkeys how to work a match that doesn't require blue meth to keep up.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How's old Swagger doing in AEW? Anyone realised he's not really elite yet?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    How's old Swagger doing in AEW? Anyone realised he's not really elite yet?
    Well his match with Goldust was alright and he wrestled Wednesday against QT. The match was whack, Swagger was BLOWN UP within the first minute. For a guy that they kept touting as this super athlete, he was fucking gassed out. I haven't seen someone that blown up on tv in ages it was very strange.

Swagger was always a hard guy for me to take seriously. I can appreciate his collegiate wrestling credentials, it'd be fucking dumb not to considering how good he was. My problem is sometimes I can't visually accept someone so therefore what they do in the ring doesn't really resonate with me.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Vince, Tony, Cody, Triple H, any of you guys reading this, please get that fucking ref in a wrestling ring. Coolest facial hair ever?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vince, Tony, Cody, Triple H, any of you guys reading this, please get that fucking ref in a wrestling ring. Coolest facial hair ever?
    That's the homey Mike Beltran!

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    Well to his credit Vince at least had women rasslin women even if everything didn't always come up smelling Roses to the SJW's.
    From 2006 to 2017 was barely women wrestling. Beth and Nat carried that division and Nat was just ok.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From 2006 to 2017 was barely women wrestling. Beth and Nat carried that division and Nat was just ok.
    You can slice it up how you want but 2006-2017 was still better than anything I've seen out of AEW's women. Does it even matter what Vince did? Let's talk about TNA. When they introduced the Knockouts division it hit the ground running and was very very good. Honestly it's the most consistently good part of the company even today.

I don't get why everything has to be compared to what Vince does. Vince runs a wrestling promotion unlike any on the planet. Those of you who keep going "Well Vince did this, WWE did this so AEW should get some leeway" Fuck that. And to be honest, if their women's division is the worst part of the show oh well. AEW has plenty for us to love right now, we can give it time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was just making what Mark Hammil said his kid called a "dad joke" about Nyla Rose

I must agree that AEW has hardly produced much of a 'Women's Division' that I can even see as a casual watcher. They seem to have about 4 regular girls. One, Britt Baker, with a defined character. I myself am not into 91 pound Japanese wrestlers who look 12 years old (God, I'm turning into Jim Cornette in my old age....)

IMO, bring back that 'Hell's Own Harlot' chick, at least she's excellent eye candy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2020 there's no excuse not to have talented women at your disposal.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was just making what Mark Hammil said his kid called a "dad joke" about Nyla Rose

I must agree that AEW has hardly produced much of a 'Women's Division' that I can even see as a casual watcher. They seem to have about 4 regular girls. One, Britt Baker, with a defined character. I myself am not into 91 pound Japanese wrestlers who look 12 years old (God, I'm turning into Jim Cornette in my old age....)

IMO, bring back that 'Hell's Own Harlot' chick, at least she's excellent eye candy.
    But also...

Either my libido went way down or WWE stopped selling sex as much because I don't find any of the wrestlers sexy.
    Perhaps Charley Caruso....

Weird thread in any case. I said it before but it bears repeating: I watch wrestling for wrestling. There's better places to see sexy people these days, if that's ones goal.
    Guess the libido's gone up...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I watched the opening with moxley and jericho. It really got pumped to watch the previous ppv. I havent really watched any aew yet so I am hoping i can do a little catch up.

The main reason I looked up the show was seeing how social media was ranting and raving about Jake's promo on Cody and how insanely good it was. Personally I didn't really care for it that much. It hurts listening to that poor man talk because it sounds like hes tearing his throat out trying to form a sentence.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought it was a good show for after a ppv one, usually they are meh. I was watching lots of old Jake Roberts stuff after listening to him on Jericho’s podcast and then he turns up and still cuts a dam good promo.

I love Sammy G me, you can defo see Eddie Guerrero in him, hopefully he goes onto to good things.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    Jakes promo wasnt that hard to get, not sure why some have striggled with it. He just simply called Cody out on being a management guy who whines like a bitch when he doesnt get his way, said his clients gonna whup him and left by saying he does t respect him in the least.

Fairly simple promo.

I like that they have a few vets kicking in as managers, wrestlings lacked that for years but they dont just benefit front of house, they also help the talent learn and get over.

Spending loads of time picking the likes of Jake, Tully, Arn etcs brain could be great for talent, get some storytelking back properly.
    Exactly on all your points here.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF is a gem.

Not fully sold on him yet. I need to go back maybe watch more stuff from him. I think Sammy G in roles reversed might come off better.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit late to the party thanks to ITV but JAKE THE FUCKING SNAKE??????

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've never seen a snake fuck before, but if you have a snake named Jake and it's fucking, can you send me some video?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen a snake fuck before, but if you have a snake named Jake and it's fucking, can you send me some video?
    I have a lady friend who keeps a ton of snakes so could ask her but tbh you’re probably better off going to a zoo.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But also...

Guess the libido's gone up...
    Goes to show how un-sexy the WWE girls are these days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    In 2020 there's no excuse not to have talented women at your disposal.
    The main problem is that WWE or Impact have all of the best women wrestling on the planet under contract, for at least five years at least. Another attempt by Vince McMahon and WWE to control the industry. Smart business, really, on their part.

Are you saying that Doctor Brit Baker isn't talented? Because in my opinion, her heel shtick is the best gimmick in the Women's division, in my opinion. Her running down the fans for having bad teeth. Getting Tony Shiavone a no whip, skinny lattee because he's fat, and he doesn't want to give him WORSE teeth than he has, is just funny as hell. I loved it. Tony had this, "Hey, I WANTED whipped cream on my latte, god damn it" look on his face. Lol.

Statlander is a wack gimmick, where she boops people's nose. Nyla Rose is dominant, but her matches are boring. Most big women don't have exciting matches.

And the imports from New Japan wrestling are just...bland as fuck. Not to be racist or anything, but everyone in NJPW just seems to look the same to me. They're all great wrestlers, but who are they? Some of them have cocky gimmicks and looks, blonde hair like Okada. None of the New Japan women in AEW really have shticks or anything. Unless you want to call a Japanese woman pretending to be Freddy Mercury with a mic stand a gimmick.

Being a good wrestler isn't enough. You need to have a shtick. A gimmick, if ya weeeeeeeellllllll (Dusty Rhodes-ism, bebbe) Probably why I don't really care for Adam Cole and Seth Rollins. They're kind of in the "good wrestler but cocky douchebag" pile, if that's a gimmick, I guess.
    Last edited by xtHeWalLsOfJeRiChOx; March 9th, 2020 at 2:29 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xtHeWalLsOfJeRiChOx View Post
    The main problem is that WWE or Impact have all of the best women wrestling on the planet under contract, for at least five years at least. Another attempt by Vince McMahon and WWE to control the industry. Smart business, really, on their part.

Are you saying that Doctor Brit Baker isn't talented? Because in my opinion, her heel shtick is the best gimmick in the Women's division, in my opinion. Her running down the fans for having bad teeth. Getting Tony Shiavone a no whip, skinny lattee because he's fat, and he doesn't want to give him WORSE teeth than he has, is just funny as hell. I loved it. Tony had this, "Hey, I WANTED whipped cream on my latte, god damn it" look on his face. Lol.

Statlander is a wack gimmick, where she boops people's nose. Nyla Rose is dominant, but her matches are boring. Most big women don't have exciting matches.

And the imports from New Japan wrestling are just...bland as fuck. Not to be racist or anything, but everyone in NJPW just seems to look the same to me. They're all great wrestlers, but who are they? Some of them have cocky gimmicks and looks, blonde hair like Okada. None of the New Japan women in AEW really have shticks or anything. Unless you want to call a Japanese woman pretending to be Freddy Mercury with a mic stand a gimmick.

Being a good wrestler isn't enough. You need to have a shtick. A gimmick, if ya weeeeeeeellllllll (Dusty Rhodes-ism, bebbe) Probably why I don't really care for Adam Cole and Seth Rollins. They're kind of in the "good wrestler but cocky douchebag" pile, if that's a gimmick, I guess.
    I'm not a fan of Britt Baker at all. I think her shtick is better suited for the WWF 1994-1995 era. It's not clever, her insults are very very basic and dated. This is a situation where having a "gimmick" backfired completely plus she's very bland in the ring.

I think it appears like the WWE and TNA have all the good women but I don't agree. They're just the 2 biggest US companies with females so it appears that the only good people are already signed but look at a talent like Mercedes Martinez. She's a vet and was just signed a few months ago to NXT. So the talent is out there I just think AEW are not dead set on having a quality women's division at this moment. I hope it'll come, if not it's not a deal breaker.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britt Baker to me is like Chelsea Green. Everything about her... from her name, to her promos, to her wrestling... is incredibly bland.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    After the last couple of weeks, a fairly lacklustre looking card last week, but a perfectly fine episode. Allin is doing very well and I'm enjoying his stuff.

Adam Page and Omega are my absolute favourites right now.

I enjoyed Jake's promo.

When the camera focuses on individuals in the crowd singing 'Judas' during Jericho's entrance it makes me cringe. Just me?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

When the camera focuses on individuals in the crowd singing 'Judas' during Jericho's entrance it makes me cringe. Just me?
    It seems counterproductive for a shit bag heel but to each their own.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years ago I came to the conclusion that there are fans who are heels themselves lol. Well they think they are. Remember the guy who beat AJ Styles at 2K19 or whatever it was? He was a total fucking goofball, tried to play wrestler and just came across as a corny ass mark. That guy is what a lot of fans aspire to be. They want to be involved, but only behind the barricade. They're the first ones to change "ONE MORE TIME" when a woman gets assaulted as well as the first to jump online when a wrestler has enough of their shit and threatens them with stern words backstage lol.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m with Virm on the Jake promo.

I just got around to watching the show last night, and all I had heard about was how awesome the promo was and everything. And I got to it, it happened and I was like “ok, that’s cool I guess.” It didn’t blow me away or anything, it was just a simple promo. Only thing I thought was fantastic was his last line. The rest was pretty average.

His voice doesn’t bother me though. After all the abuse, I kind of just expected his vocals to be something like that.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question re: The Best Friends tag team. Not overly familiar but watching a youtube video, I heard Jim Cornette refer to them as the Ambiguously Gay Duo and saw someone in the comments say they are like Billy & Chuck but gayer. Having not seen them at all, just wondering if this is people being homophobic to dudes showing affection/emotion/whatever or if their gimmick is actually that they're maybe gay and just not out about it?

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question re: The Best Friends tag team. Not overly familiar but watching a youtube video, I heard Jim Cornette refer to them as the Ambiguously Gay Duo and saw someone in the comments say they are like Billy & Chuck but gayer. Having not seen them at all, just wondering if this is people being homophobic to dudes showing affection/emotion/whatever or if their gimmick is actually that they're maybe gay and just not out about it?
    absolutely just ignorant, mouth-breathing cornette and his fans. outside of the hug they do, there's pretty much nothing that could be construed as even teetering on homoerotic. and even then, the hug has zero sexuality to it. it's just cornette making his cool twenty year old references and being edgy.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    lol there's not even a hint of homoeroticism in their act

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had suspected as much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had suspected as much.
    But they still fucking suck.

So, gay duo or no gay duo, they're not worth watching.

Trent? No Last Name Given looks like an actual athlete.

The Invisible Hand Grenade Fucktard Chuck "The Kentucky Gentleman" Taylor looks like a Frankenstein monster who just woke up, can't lock up, has a shitty, lazy Irish whip, has a body that looks like its made of mashed potatoes poured into a set of tights, and he has all the charisma of a dead fish drying out in the sun. He looks like he should be selling you popcorn in the arena or parking your car, not wrestling competitive matches with PAC. He's the drizzling shits with a haircut that looks like it was perpetrated with an angry pair of gardening shears by a barber who wasn't paying attention.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    absolutely just ignorant, mouth-breathing cornette and his fans. outside of the hug they do, there's pretty much nothing that could be construed as even teetering on homoerotic. and even then, the hug has zero sexuality to it. it's just cornette making his cool twenty year old references and being edgy.
    AEW did do a video for them once, where they were holding hands and literally tip-toeing through the fucking tulips, dude.

That's pretty damn gay, if you ask me.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    AEW did do a video for them once, where they were holding hands and literally tip-toeing through the fucking tulips, dude.

That's pretty damn gay, if you ask me.
    considering your shit-tastic history of awful opinions, who the fuck would ever think to ask you on this matter.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    their entrance video has a bunch of people grabbing a friend or loved ones hand, with two little children seen running to a field. none of them are trent or chuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsCnxkoWIo8

in the lead up to all out on one of the road to shows they did a piece on them that started with them slow motion walking across a park to do their hug spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqdmj3ouwQM

outside of the weird all denim outfits, again, nothing very homoerotic.

but ha ha, tip-toeing through the tulips! GAY EUPHEMISM DO YA GET IT GUYS. tiny tim probably wasnt even gay, so the reference is even dumber. again, why would anybody want your input on these kind of topics.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even particularly care.

I just like seeing Morrison get his little bitchy panties in a twist.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even particularly care.

I just like seeing Morrison get his little bitchy panties in a twist.
    lol. you're so awful.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Also a proven Racist, Homophobe, Transphobe and all round cunt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. you're so awful.
    Yeah, I'm an inhuman monster.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Also he says fucktard a lot, Also one of James Es faves

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slutty Macwhoreface View Post
    Also he says fucktard a lot, Also one of James Es faves
    Total coincidence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't try to argue the latter two, but when have I ever been a racist?

Racists suck.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Wibble

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wibble
    Wobble?

Weebles wibble wobble but they don't fall down.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't try to argue the latter two, but when have I ever been a racist?

Racists suck.
    the stupid godzilla references and gifs anytime riho shows up. you also called carmella a 'spoda be bitch,' which is a racist as fuck phrase, even if you are using it towards a white girl. you're not saying blatantly racist shit, but that's the problem with all the problematic shit you say. you're too simple to realize you're saying something offensive or tone deaf.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the stupid godzilla references and gifs anytime riho shows up. you also called carmella a 'spoda be bitch,' which is a racist as fuck phrase, even if you are using it towards a white girl. you're not saying blatantly racist shit, but that's the problem with all the problematic shit you say. you're too simple to realize you're saying something offensive or tone deaf.
    Oh yeah. I forgot I used to call Carmella a "spoda".

That was fun.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it flew under the radar in some sorts but it is The Elite versus The Inner Circle for the Blood and Guts main event next Wednesday.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 11th, 2020 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ooh yeah, saw that.

Hope they don't do the predictable Page heel turn here...

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think it’s more likely that Page and Matt eventually just have an extended feud with each other, starting hard there. They’ve already got the seeds of it in.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    I actually think it’s more likely that Page and Matt eventually just have an extended feud with each other, starting hard there. They’ve already got the seeds of it in.
    I imagine it's continued tonight as he's likely Hangman's partner.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh. Didn’t think of that. That would almost make me watch AEW before NXT

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Huh. Didn’t think of that. That would almost make me watch AEW before NXT
    That's not implied but just a guess by me lol. I guess maybe it is, but I highly doubt it's a reveal of an entirely new character.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a second I thought you guys were talking about Matt Hardy.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the mystery partner will just be Moxley unless he was advertised for something else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who else is ready? Ready for another exciting night of sweltering, raging, and super hyped wrestling action? Its time, once again, for a new episode of AEW...

And we're live tonight, for Wednesday Night Dynamite from the most exciting state in the Union, --- UTAH!!!

In your exciting Main Event Of The Evening - "Hangman" Adam Page teams with a Mystery Man to take on Chris "Judas In My Mind" Jericho and "The Spanish God" Sammy Guevara - In Tag-Team Action!

Also, to get you excited enough to start quaking in your boots...

Death Triangle - PAC, Pentagon Jr., and Rey Fenix debut as a unit to take on Joey Janella and Private Party- In Six-Man Tag-Team Warfare

Cody Rhodes vs. Ortiz - In A Singles Grudge Match - Last Week, Ortiz Blasted Cody With A Wicked Chair Shot. This Week, Cody Wants Revenge.

Also,

The Jurassic Express - Jungle Boy Jack Perry, Marko "Make-A-Wish Kid" Stunt, and Lucharsaurus take on MJF and The Butcher and The Blade (W/ The Bunny, The Bear, And The Candlestick Maker) - In More Exciting Six-Man Tag-Team Action

Also on Tap:

AEW officially explains the rules to their newly announced "Blood And Guts" Roofed-Cage Match - To Occur on the March 25th, 2020 episode of Dynamite.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the point of Brandy being with Cody when Arn is already with him? Lol

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    anyone else getting static-y sounding audio?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My TNT Channel on my cable box is going full-on fucked, won't play video, audio sounds like somebody's being strangled into a microphone.

I feel like this isn't the first time this has happened to some Spectrum Cable customers, since Dynamite debuted.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad show so far.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Archer's debut was subdued but I think it fit for the pairing with Roberts. They're lurking and trying to get into Cody's head.

Surprisingly, the women's tag match was probably one of the most entertaining aspects of the evening from a wrestling perspective, but I guess that's not a total surprise considering you had two vets from Japan in the match. The crowd definitely got into the match and it was wrestled rather well (at least compared to the standard they've established). It seems like they're angling for a Swole and Baker match. The build may be decent but I have extremely low expectations for the actual match.

Dustin being Hangman's mystery partner was fairly underwhelming, especially since he's got nothing to do directly related to the main feud going on for B&G. I didn't expect it to be a debuting superstar but having it be him rather than Matt was a weird call. Kinda fitting in an odd way where Matt tried to one-up Hangman with flipping him off and then immediately ate a chairshot.

Wasn't a great episode, wasn't a terrible episode. Progressed things in a low-key way.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 12th, 2020 at 9:45 AM.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Archer's debut was subdued but I think it fit for the pairing with Roberts. They're lurking and trying to get into Cody's head.

Surprisingly, the women's tag match was probably one of the most entertaining aspects of the evening from a wrestling perspective, but I guess that's not a total surprise considering you had two vets from Japan in the match. The crowd definitely got into the match and it was wrestled rather well. It seems like they're angling for a Swole and Baker match. The build may be decent but I have extremely low expectations for the actual match.

Dustin being Hangman's mystery partner was fairly underwhelming, especially since he's got nothing to do directly related to the main feud going on for B&G. I didn't expect it to be a debuting superstar but having it be him rather than Matt was a weird call. Kinda fitting in an odd way where Matt tried to one-up Hangman with flipping him off and then immediately ate a chairshot.

Wasn't a great episode, wasn't a terrible episode. Progressed things in a low-key way.
    dustin still has shit going on with hager, so him being the partner made perfect sense. wouldn't be surprised if he replaces nick in the b&g match, since the update they gave after the show is nick is responsive but out indefinitely.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dustin still has shit going on with hager, so him being the partner made perfect sense. wouldn't be surprised if he replaces nick in the b&g match, since the update they gave after the show is nick is responsive but out indefinitely.
    It was fine, but probably not optimal. They get top marks for being rational but it still felt somewhat flat.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was fine, but probably not optimal. They get top marks for being rational but it still felt somewhat flat.
    yeah, if you were expecting a huge surprise or something out of left field. this match and episode didnt really need some big, shock debut.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, if you were expecting a huge surprise or something out of left field. this match and episode didnt really need some big, shock debut.
    I was expecting Matt Jackson to play off their tension, so I wasn't expecting a big or shocking moment lol. I was looking forward to more character development or storyline development within that match. It was just subtle and done after the fact.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    What's the point of Brandy being with Cody when Arn is already with him? Lol
    Hasnt anybody explained the Birds and the Bees to you yet?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually had to look up the term "spoda" because I'm half black, my mother's family, all black folks. Never once in 38 years heard that term so that's either some weird shit you white people came up with because you weren't satisfied with the other 900 nicknames you keep coming up with over the last century (IMPRESSIVE!) or it's just a barely used term.

If it's some RACIST AS FUCK term, which looking it up doesn't seem as bad as most of the words used toward my people but hey let's sit back and watch the white folks virtue signal each other it's actually more entertaining than anything in AEW.

You need to stop pretending like you're not either. It's annoying as fuck.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved those animated sketches.

Best Friends' gimmick is basically 2 guys poking fun at people who are insecure about gay folks. It's like when we did that "sexiest wrestler" thread and a bunch of straight dudes were trying to be clever talking about how sexy Finn Balor looks. In reality it's kind of like we're making fun of gay people but not in a "LET'S MAKE FUN OF THEM AND THEN BEAT THEM TO DEATH FOR BEING QUEERS!!" I mean, if someone tried to tell me that gay folks don't talk shit and joke about straight folks then you're living in a fucking fantasy world. There's a line, Best Friends haven't crossed it. I actually agree that this is like Billy and Chuck but B & C were definitely "gayer" than Best Friends.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week three: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week four: 963,000 viewers
    Week five: 759,000 viewers
    Week six: 822,000 viewers
    Week seven: 957,000 viewers
    Week eight: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week nine: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers
    Week 20: 893,000 viewers
    Week 21: 865,000 viewers
    Week 22: 906,000 viewers
    Week 23: 766,000 viewers

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's a huge drop.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Was Darby on last night's show?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Was Darby on last night's show?
    Just in a pre tape segment, continuing to zero in on his angst with Jericho and Guevara.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no gatherings in New York over 500 people, so AEW needs to move next week's show somehow

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Just in a pre tape segment, continuing to zero in on his angst with Jericho and Guevara.
    Ah, i saw darby wasn't booked and stuck with watching NXT.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    no gatherings in New York over 500 people, so AEW needs to move next week's show somehow
    They are moving it to Florida. I think they have an upcoming show in NJ as well that will probably be moved.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing as how everybody in AEW, including Kenny "Japanese School Girl Fetishist" Omega are such huge video game nerds, maybe Dynamite should just skip TV entirely until the virus thing is over. They can make Create-a-Wrestlers in WWF No Mercy and stream the game from their own respective houses on Twitch, simulating whatever the Dynamite card was going to be for that week.

AEW Digital Dynamite.

AEW can succeed where Impact Global Total Nonstop Action Force Wrestling failed.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent enough show, feuds and stuff moving along slowly.

Would still like a IC/US value title introduced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could be a good chance to do a retrospective show. Show the progression of AEW from what it was to what it is now. They can also show backstage segments and give us some sense of who a lot of the performers are via that method that we can't get when they do the ring work and that are always muted for the picture in picture stuff. This is a good time to get them over that way. And if there is time, maybe replay an edited version of the tag team title match from Revolution.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is today’s show officially cancelled?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh right. Empty arena I’m guessing

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's ready for an empty arena full of the ghosts of wrestling's past, some "essential" crew members, and not much else on tonight's Coronavirus infected episode of AEW...

We're live from AEW's very own doomsday bunker. As... apparently the show must go on.

And Live, In Front Of Absolutely Nobody -

- The Dark Order promises a peak behind the veil, by finally telling AEW's faithful, who The "Exalted One" is. Everyone in the arena tonight is in for a real treat... oh.

- In Six-Man Tag-Team Action: The Elite take on The Inner Circle - The winning team gets the man advantage in AEW's first-ever "Blood And Guts" cage match, originally meant to air on March 25th, but postponed until the world stops ending.

- In more thrilling tag-team action - Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy take on The Butcher And The Blade w/The Bunny

- And, because AEW loves it when men hug - Best Friends vs. The Lucha Bros in A Tag-Team Grudge Match.

Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; March 18th, 2020 at 7:04 PM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm going to be surprised if Matt Hardy shows up in AEW

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Cody really need a microphone to talk in front of nobody?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I fell asleep during that boring promo

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there announcers on this show?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what every Impact Wrestling taping would have looked like, if Universal Studios employees hadn't forced park guests into the Impact Zone with cattle prods and sharp sticks.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why may there not be a dynamite next week?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Everybody needs entertainment".

Great, now shut the fuck up and give us some, Mr. Olivier.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta love the audacity of a company to do a 5 vs. 5 roofed cage match in front of nobody.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They found something useful for Brandi Rhodes to do.

Good for her.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stupid as the constant hugging is, that was a funny spot and not a bad little match.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chuck Taylor looks like he should be parking cars for a living instead of wrestling. So it does sort of make sense he'd want to hang out in the parking lot.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tony schiavone looks like Milton from office space

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Emma gimmick vs a kairi sane look a like lol

Sorry I'm filling in for rom2627

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emma gimmick vs a kairi sane look a like lol

Sorry I'm filling in for rom2627
    and taking notes from spudz on saying stupid racist shit.

this thread fucking sucks right now.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've said nothing of racist thought.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not all japanese people look the same. riho or shida do not look like kairi.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah and I didn't say anything racist... tonight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Botch-A-Mania, Super Skank.