Page 85 of 158 FirstFirst ... 7581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,500 of 15786

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I quite enjoyed Ultimate Warrior vs. Sgt. Slaughter, though as a 7 year old boy I was devastated when Savage interfered. Boy did I hate Savage for so long after that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not directing this at anyone in particular here, but if Meltzer's scores bother you then you are a trapped in the closet ding dong. It's literally no skin off your butthole.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm just talking shit you little bitch lol. I get it, I pissed in Dave's mouth and you're salty about it.

And you're right, I give a match any rating I want but since so many of you little girls and boys pattern your love of wrestling around what your creepy ass Uncle Dave Meltzer thinks....I just figured I'd contribute like everyone else.

Oh but I get it, I didn't praise his opinion. Shit this wasn't even a 5 star match. If this is a 5 star match so was Sgt Slaughter v. Ultimate Warrior at Rumble 1991.
    What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Qaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
    Same energy.

Anyway, here's an interview with Punk.
    https://www.si.com/.amp/wrestling/20...mpression=true

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM Trunks is back. Hobbs showing some piss and vinegar was a good touch, and that added some needed attitude for him. I like the fact that he got to manhandle Punk a good bit, too. This was an entirely different match and style for Punk compared to Allin and Hobbs asserting his will early came across well. Adding to that, his frame and facial expression in a close-up fashion really make him looking a million bucks. No idea what commentary was talking about, trying to tell a story that Punk has had a history of neck issues that was weird. VERY scary with that hurricanrana as Hobbs got spiked. Punk won, but Hobbs was certainly elevated.

Adam Cole's entrance might be the hottest thing in wrestling right now. Sheesh. Crowd was locked in with how to work it from a participation standpoint. Did Karl Anderson get lost en route to the stadium or what? Callis and Taz seemed to be having a ton of fun in the booth during this one. Seems like Britt should be more threatened by the Bucks than Cole should be of Schiavone haha. Luchasaurus can certainly work a hot tag. Took a hell of a lot to get him down at the end. It's gotta be a matter of time until they add a Trios Championship into the mix. That said, refs seem to be awfully pointless for them other these Trios matches other than to count to 3 haha. Seems a little rushed to go to Jungle Boy vs. Cole on Wednesday, but that match is going to be straight fire.

Think I would be much more in on MOTY if Lambert wasn't involved with them. Silly cut into the second hour of the show lol. I was going to say there really wasn't a reason for the match if MOTY ended up losing, so I'm glad they went ahead and gave them the win. Can't say much positive about Paige VanZant's stuff in the ring (Shane McMahon approved those punches), but Masividal's knee on Jericho looked REALLY good. Jericho sold that perfectly.

I nearly got a headache trying to keep track of who was legal during the eight-man tag. Not really sure how HFO has helped any of the parties involved from a kayfabe perspective other than getting on TV lol.

I think Taz and Starks needed a cigarette after Miro's beatdown. Still perplexed for the usage of subtitles for Andrade speaking...English.

Just a bad night for refs, and the match between Penelope and Anna was another example. Feels like whatever that match was supposed to be was mainly cut during the commercial, and then there was just a lot going on after the match.

Kingston was in an all-out battle with his tank top lol. "Get this off me!" Certainly says something when Mox is the calmer one in a duo haha. Also hilarious that Andrade had subtitles and Suzuki spoke Japanese and had no subtitles. Good on them to magically provide young lions for Archer to wreck and uses as landing spots. What a visual going to break: Moxley being strangled over the top rope. Might as well have had Excalibur say "Will he survive? We'll find out after we take our last commercial break!" lol. The mixing was really bad for the crowd or they were just kind of gassed by the end of this, but this was fun.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fucking 187 Homicide hell yeah

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://es.pn/3u9i12H

Pretty cool that ESPN is covering it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Great job by Masvidal with the timing of that knee (thigh). Is it just me or does JDS look like he was born for pro-wrestling..?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah for Homicide!

The beatdown on Jericho/Hager was good too. Also Miro looking like a savage.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Yikes.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown had 15 minutes of wrestling over 2 hours? And yet still the most watched wrestling show. Weird how it feels like when it's just about wrestling only a tiny % tune in. I've never understood that concept because I'm a wrestling guy first. The numbers don't lie. PPV is where you'd usually get the actual wrestling. 3-4 matches going 25 minutes doesn't draw 5-6 million a week.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Per hour. Not total.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's kinda what skews the numbers this week. The AEW shows were basically PPVs.

Just saw on Friday AEW is coming to the next town over in November. Probably go check it out.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown had 15 minutes of wrestling over 2 hours? And yet still the most watched wrestling show. Weird how it feels like when it's just about wrestling only a tiny % tune in. I've never understood that concept because I'm a wrestling guy first. The numbers don't lie. PPV is where you'd usually get the actual wrestling. 3-4 matches going 25 minutes doesn't draw 5-6 million a week.
    Yeah, those numbers don't really mean much. People on this very board have even said the actual wrestling is their least favorite part of the show and that they skip through matches. Hell, is the highest rated RAW segment in history still that This Is Your Life bit? How much actual wrestling there is doesn't really mean anything since promos and videos and whatnot are just as important/entertaining. Counting the minutes of wrestling just seems like some weird nerd thing to do.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    "this is your life" was never the highest rated RAW segment, the highest rated RAW segment was the austin/undertaker match in june 99.

https://whatculture.com/wwe/10-highe...s-ever?page=11

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been educated. Now that you mention it, i do seem to recall that match being the top spot. So This Is Your Life was 5th highest. I doubt anyone would expect Briscoe/Patterson vs. The Mean Street Posse to be the 3rd highest! Wild stuff.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    that match is actually awesome too

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's amazing about that top 10 list is that it shows A-how hot Raw was during 1999 and B-how the majority of the actual wrestling matches were not very good wrestling matches. For fuck's sake, MSP v. Briscoe/Patterson is the #3 most watched segment. Combined with the Nitro rating they were something like 10 million people watching wrestling that night and 9 million+ were more interested in what might happen during (on paper) the shiitiest match you could dream up at the time.

Now we have some of the most incredible wrestling matches and I want to believe that the way we watch wrestling now isn't reflected in ratings for WWE, AEW, etc. But if the 18-49 demographic was/is that important I'm only 39 so 39 year olds were apparently watching the shows as well. I WISH someone had been wise enough to do a study to where you could truly see where it all went wrong so to speak. How do you go from a 9 for Pete Gas and then 22 years later you're barely getting a 1 for Kenny Omega v. Bryan Danielson, or Roman Reigns v. Finn Balor=maybe a little over 2 mill. Crazy.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It will be interesting to see what happens to ratings when Nielsen seemingly improves them next year, adding in more streaming options besides just sling.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/09...he-show-again/

Smoking really is where they draw the line considering what is allowed.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low ratings? Here's another show. Talent making rape jokes? Eh. But smoking!?!?!?!?!!!?!

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low ratings? Here's another show. Talent making rape jokes? Eh. But smoking!?!?!?!?!!!?!
    APA segments would’ve given those guys a heart attack.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    APA segments would’ve given those guys a heart attack.
    What kills me sometimes is listening to former WCW talent talk about how standards and practices wouldn't let them be as Jerry Springer as the WWF but I'm watching 1999/2000 era Nitros and Thunders right now. There's a lot of wild shit that not even WWF would touch during that time going on in WCW. But apparently TNT took issue with certain things and I have to wonder what were they pitched by Russo, Bischoff, etc. that made them go ok, you can have General Rektion but you can't do (fill in the blank).

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I really want to know what TNT rejected.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Now I really want to know what TNT rejected.
    I mean they allowed so much stupid shit that I can only imagine whatever was rejected was vile or just something they didn't understand. Maybe they pitched an incest storyline and everyone laughed haha my dad wanted to impregnate me what a character!

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chris Jericho, the 50 year old bloated has been rock star, is so cool that his 2 fans might be influenced by his smoking and take up the habit, I can see why TNT doesn't want it on their show.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean they allowed so much stupid shit that I can only imagine whatever was rejected was vile or just something they didn't understand. Maybe they pitched an incest storyline and everyone laughed haha my dad wanted to impregnate me what a character!
    "Listen, you can have Hugh E Rection and Major Gunns., you can have Ms. Hancock stripping......but this request about the Ric Flair helicopter dance is just a bridge too far"

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Chris Jericho, the 50 year old bloated has been rock star, is so cool that his 2 fans might be influenced by his smoking and take up the habit, I can see why TNT doesn't want it on their show.
    You just made the LIST

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I liked Jericho for a short period, 2004 era when he had the long goatee. His love triangle with Trish and Christian was great.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho is the Sebastian Bach of wrestling.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    my buddy went to a fozzy signing once just to get Jericho's autograph and then he got out of line before getting anyone else's auto

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

I appreciate that AEW isn't trying to insult my intelligence with that dumb latinx shit.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude he thinks Nyla Rose v. Ruby Soho and Kenny Omega v. Roman Reigns are in the same conversation.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate that AEW isn't trying to insult my intelligence with that dumb latinx shit.
    Did they bring it up?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No, that's why I appreciate it. They said Latino and Latina like normal people.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can we keep this stupid shit out of this thread, for the love of fuck.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    can we keep this stupid shit out of this thread, for the love of fuck.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know some people don't want it but fuck @Hero! I hope Windham shows up.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    fuck windham lol

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have they announced anything else for tonight besides Miro vs. Sammy? Not sure if I'm going to tune in yet...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Have they announced anything else for tonight besides Miro vs. Sammy? Not sure if I'm going to tune in yet...
    They're in Rochester, it's going to be a special show. I wish my Bill Burr tickets were for tomorrow.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jungle boy/Adam Cole in a battle of the babes
    Dante Martin Matt Sydal vs Cody and lee johson
    Penelope ford and allie vs tay conti and Anna Jay

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    I really like the idea of a Miro/Sammy program. Sammys been on the back burner too long. I hope they make a real feud out of it and blow it off at the next ppv

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Sammy wins it tonight. Big babyface pop for the Rochester crowd.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Eh I don’t like the idea. I was down for a big hometown eddie Kingston win, but if they passed that up I think miro should be holding the belt for many more months or a year

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really trying to like anything Miro's done and it's just terrible. In every aspect. He's had arguably one watchable match since joining the company and I hate that the majority of TNT title matches are the champion v some fucking jobber.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Potential Rampage Spoiler:

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG FOR REAL FUCK YES HERE COMES THE 2.9 RATING.

Good luck Smackdown on trying to beat Rampage. I imagine once this match is made public, Tony Khan will have righted every wrong in wrestling history with this.

Holy shit, do we have to spoiler it? I want people to know about this game changer.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The match hasn't even happened and you already think it'll be a snoozefest?

Last week we saw the greatest match of all time. Danielson, after 20 years of having subpar matches finally achieved next level greatness when he shared the ring with Kenny Omega. Now he has a chance to do it two weeks in a row against someone who has more 5 star ratings than Kurt Angle and Bret Hart combined.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bert, how can you be a fan of AEW when they have Nyla Rose on the roster? I bet you think her and Luchasaurus would be a great tag-team since they think alike.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Potential Rampage Spoiler:
    Fuck yeah,

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

It's the thought that counts but there's no way that many people isn't a huge cluster fuck.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    how the fuck are there 8 people in the HFO but no the DO?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    I believe one of the Dork Order are female and they never replaced Brodie (unless you count his son).

Hopefully this is the last time we see these people in wrestling but dreamers can dream.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Recruitment Specialists are slacking.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavily agreed

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Bray, Strowman, and Roman all show up and do the Wyatt Family gimmick if it means killing everyone off in the Dark Order. Bray should make a hit list ala Kill Bill and just take out all the wastes of space in this company. Hook, Dark Order, Brandi Rhodes, The Young Bucks and their spray guy, the list goes on.

WWE has taken over AEW, why stop now?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How dare you besmirch the name of HOOK. Dude is clearly the future of the company. You see the way he stands around with all that charisma?!

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would watch to see Bray, Braun, and Rowan wreck havoc.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Recruitment Specialists are slacking.
    Time to get the ball rolling. We still need numbers 7 & 9.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would watch to see Bray, Braun, and Rowan wreck havoc.
    Jimmy Havoc hasn't worked for them for a while.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some day there will be a Hook/Stunt feud that will turn this whole industry on its ear.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make him a pirate already!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to get the ball rolling. We still need numbers 7 & 9.
    We need 6, too. Anna Jay is #99.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    We need 6, too. Anna Jay is #99.
    I forgot how to count. For some reason I thought Alex Reynolds was 6, haha.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Just make him a pirate already!
    If there's one thing wrestling needs, it's more pirates. Fuck yeah

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Some day there will be a Hook/Stunt feud that will turn this whole industry on its ear.
    No way. Hook's going to have no choice but to turn face because the crowd will refuse to boo him in any match. Then he'll beat MJF clean and it will make CM Punk's AEW debut pop sound like the RAW crowds reaction to Jaxon Ryker.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Does Paul Burchill still wrestle?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Does Paul Burchill still wrestle?
    I fuckin wish.

Paul burchill and jean pierre Lafitte vs Pirata Morgan and Pirata Morgan Jr is basically my all-pirate dream match.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way. Hook's going to have no choice but to turn face because the crowd will refuse to boo him in any match. Then he'll beat MJF clean and it will make CM Punk's AEW debut pop sound like the RAW crowds reaction to Jaxon Ryker.
    It can only be a face vs. face feud.

After 10.5 months of successful tag teaming, Hook and Stunt will split over Stunt's jealous eyes towards Brandi Rhodes.

THEN MEGA-POWERS EXPLODE

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I waited 7 years for CM Punk to return and fight jobbers. Get those young guys over! For fuck's sake.....I thought WWE would be the one to make me regret wanting to see CM Punk return.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't count on it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still think they could've gotten a little more milage in building Cole & Jungle Boy but the match was good. I liked the counter Cole had as the Tree of Woe was getting set up. Feels like you don't see that very often. Good showing for Jungle Boy and he does more than well in these spotlight matches. I'll be curious to see when they decide to pull the trigger on him and push him higher up the card.

Danielson and Nick Jackson is obviously going to be a banger.

Anderson brought the heat and then some with his tough love to Cody.

-1 throwing the papers at Evil Uno was a very good touch. I can't imagine there's going to be a time where I like a 16-man tag but that at least ended as a heartwarming segment.

Women's tag match started a tad on the slow side but it got pretty good by the end of it. CM Bonk was present a couple of times during that match, too lol.

MJF's promo was, once again, extremely solid. Between name dropping Prichard and calling Allin a school shooter on a skateboard, he was throwing fastballs. And again, he tries to find the line and get as close to it as he can, mentioning Allin's uncle and talking about the wrong person dying in that car accident.

Pretty interesting and notable that they're running the Casino Ladder Match next week. Could lead to Hangman coming back and making things intriguing with Danielson still locked in on Omega.

That fair catch by Miro helped salvage a creative spot and probably saved Guevara from a nasty injury. Outside of that flub, they had a really fun match together and they meshed together really well with their contrasting styles. Pretty prescient of MJF to talk about the pillars of AEW and one of them got to have their moment with a big championship win. That also means two of the four pillars have gotten gold before MJF haha.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the whole story of of miro's reign and the fuego contract was absolutely perfect story telling. i could have watched miro mow through people for months more, but that was a tremendous ending to whole ordeal. miro is fucking amazing, one of the top in the world right now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the bar is so low to be entertained we get comments like this about Miro.....How is this guy just consistently in the worst storylines in wrestling? Ever since that Dolph feud where his wife tweeted about how in real life they were engaged. What can you expect, he married her for her looks not her passion for Christ or intelligence. This is the same person who said there should be a clause in your contract where you can't be fired.

That's the story Miro should be telling. How My Hot Wife Ruined My Life. I would slap the shit out of Miro. Total Beta.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Bobby Fish is coming to AEW and challenging Guevara next week.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm somewhere in between. I think Miro's reign has been entertaining on the promo side and his last couple title defenses have been really good. But I feel the story to get Guevara in the picture was a tad rushed at the end.

Still, really good match and I'm happy for Sammy. Would have liked a longer reign, but I'll wait to see if Miro bounces back with something good in the next month or two

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    the whole story of of miro's reign and the fuego contract was absolutely perfect story telling. i could have watched miro mow through people for months more, but that was a tremendous ending to whole ordeal. miro is fucking amazing, one of the top in the world right now.
    agreed on all fronts.

Great episode of dynamite. 2 hours flies by.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck me, the philly show is packed next week.

- elite vs danielson, jurassic express and christian
    - shida vs deeb
    - casino ladder match
    - sammy vs bobby fish for the tnt title

plus they're calling it the anniversary episode, so maybe more. and that's not considering whatever gets booked for rampage. excited to be there live, should be more than worth the year and a half wait

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really happy for Guevara, but i thought they should have had a longer build though.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hey, Bryan's theme finally has lyrics when they play it live.

Hangman next week then.

Cool that Lio Rush is I guess going to be a manager after retiring 4 times.

Happy for Sammy. Bobby Fish match should be interesting.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Damn good Dynamite.

- Hot opener in Cole vs. Jungle Boy. Adam Cole is so not my kind of wrestler but he's coming across like a real star at the moment. Very much enjoyed Punk referencing the "Lloyd's of London" insurance policy.
    - Cody's getting a lot of heat. Really looking forward to this turn. He's felt out of place as a babyface for some time. Dante Martin is just ridiculous. Sydal & Dante have become quite a popular team so it will be interesting to see if they just disband and go back to Top Flight when the other brother comes back.
    - Good to see Bear Country on Dynamite.
    - Dark Order tag was good wholesome fun. Nice tribute.
    - Lio Rush back again from his latest retirement. Remains to be seen if he'll wrestle I guess. He was doing a really cool gimmick when I saw a match of his at Wrestlemania weekend this year. Good pick up anyway, he's a talented guy.
    - Wonder where the four women involved in the tag match go from here. Could well be the ones going for the new midcard belt.
    - MJF/Allin is an exciting feud. Feel like this should go on for a while and whoever comes out on top should challenge for the big one.
    - Felt like Sammy was very suddenly thrust into a programme with Miro but it was a really good match and I think he is the right man to dethrone the Redeemer. Hope the feud continues.

Wrestling being fun again is still such a novelty.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Man I waited 7 years for CM Punk to return and fight jobbers. Get those young guys over! For fuck's sake.....I thought WWE would be the one to make me regret wanting to see CM Punk return.
    Definitely agree that I want punk involved in something more consequential. This feels like more of AEWs flaw of having a hard time appropriately capitalizing off of momentum. He should already be working a hot program, the kind of feud that people were thinking “wouldn’t it be amazing if punk came back and worked with X” for years. Of course it’s only been three weeks since his first match back but still, I think there’s a lot to be said for really striking when the iron is hot rather than having punk coast on commentary and wrestling a low carder in Hobbes

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think having Punk wrestle Hobbs was a perfectly fine way of transitioning from the Darby feud. The crowd is hot for him anyway, so put him with another act that's over enough and let him elevate them. The problem I have is they should have followed up last night. Either have him move on to the next or have Team Taz come out to heat things up again and transition into a feud with Ricky Starks where they're properly trading promos and getting real.

Only reason I'm not as upset about it is I think last night's episode was really good. But they should have at least hinted at him moving on to something else instead of just chillin' on commentary.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rhodes Show is a good trojan horse for a third hour of Dynamite. I'm not that interested in them, though Cody's sister is clearly going to be a wild character, but all of the backstage stuff with other AEW talent is far more interesting.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not enough people talking about Arn’s glock.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watched Rhodes to the Top and it was interesting to hear Shotty Lee and Julia Hart are/were dating. Time will tell if they ever put them together on TV.

Cody's sister seems crazy.

Darby sleeping in his car the night before a big match is not the least bit surprising.

I hope Brandi never wrestles again.

I'm wondering how many episodes of this there's going to be, I didn't expect them to get into Malakai Black in this first season.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cody's sister seems crazy.
    Ya think? lol

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love bad reality tv.

them editing that Cody promo to look like the crowd loved it…perfection.

that’s probably one of the most hated promos of 2021 haha

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love bad reality tv.

them editing that Cody promo to look like the crowd loved it…perfection.

that’s probably one of the most hated promos of 2021 haha
    I couldn't believe Brandi cried. She was pregnant though, I guess.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does everyone hate Cody now?