Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 606667686970
Results 6,901 to 6,939 of 6939

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll be here to call you out on your dumb bullshit no matter who you're talking about. It's a public service.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bray taking over Dark Order makes too much damn sense. Bring in Rowan too. Cole being in AEW would be perfect as well. Former Bullet Club..sorta...his wife is there and he can be a nice heel to work with Sammy. Jericho. Darby or Christian.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Rip and cbac are old, duh.
    I'll be here to call you out on your dumb bullshit no matter who you're talking about. It's a public service.
    Call me out on what? Saying that Hero! is an ageist-which has nothing to do with cbac and rip. It's a joke between Hero! and myself that didn't require you to insert yourself like a Romford.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Bray taking over Dark Order makes too much damn sense. Bring in Rowan too. Cole being in AEW would be perfect as well. Former Bullet Club..sorta...his wife is there and he can be a nice heel to work with Sammy. Jericho. Darby or Christian.
    Disco Inferno had a good saying when talking about AEW's roster. The cabinet is full. I think if Wyatt shows up in AEW it needs to be something beyond what he did in WWE. I think he is creative enough that he can do something wild. Look at The Fiend. Totally different to what Bray Wyatt the cult leader was doing.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This thread is so weird.

also yes, I know old punk and metal music. That’s what I spent my teens listening to, lol

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I hope literally none of this comes true.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    This thread is so weird.

also yes, I know old punk and metal music. That’s what I spent my teens listening to, lol
    It was cool until poor old ass cbac and Rip (who's not even that old, he's younger than 3pup!) had to be brought into it.

Thank God you at least grew up listening to some decent music in your youth. Although I do remember you telling me a few years ago that you were very big into Reel Big Fish.

I hope literally none of this comes true.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reel Big Fish had a big CT following in the 90s, for whatever reason. They headlined a festival around here in like 97 or 98, I don't remember exactly. But it was packed and I saw so many people with RBF merch on.

My 18 year old niece referred to Rage and Tool as "classic rock" the other day and it cut me deep.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who the fuck are reel big fish

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Reel Big Fish had a big CT following in the 90s, for whatever reason. They headlined a festival around here in like 97 or 98, I don't remember exactly. But it was packed and I saw so many people with RBF merch on.

My 18 year old niece referred to Rage and Tool as "classic rock" the other day and it cut me deep.
    I saw Reel Big Fish at a festival around that same exact time. 1998 Dot Fest headlined by Bloodhound Gang who came in on a helicopter. My buddy who was 5 years old had free tickets and we went, saw Slipknot before Corey Taylor was the frontman and this dope ass band called The Urge.

Anyway....RBF, they weren't accepted at all and people started throwing coins at them. The dude said something about getting hit with a quarter and how he was shocked it was a quarter due to the value of it compared to a penny lol. Next thing you know the crowd just starts pelting the entire band. IDK if they bounced after that or kept going lol.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

my 10 year old niece is very into the lamest hard rock bands like Halestorm and Five Finger death punch and she asks me all the time if I like “heavy metal”. Ugh. I just lie and tell her I only listen to elevator music.

i hope she finds real metal at some point.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the fuck are reel big fish
    Back in my day we had this music called SKA and nobody really cared about it but for some reason because the Mighty Mighty Bosstones had a hit in that movie Clueless, we were made to believe it was the next big thing. Kind of like when they tried to bring big band type music back.

IDK man you might be a little young for all this talk I better tag Rip.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my 10 year old niece is very into the lamest hard rock bands like Halestorm and Five Finger death punch and she asks me all the time if I like “heavy metal”. Ugh. I just lie and tell her I only listen to elevator music.

Introduce her to In Flames.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Call me out on what? Saying that Hero! is an ageist-which has nothing to do with cbac and rip. It's a joke between Hero! and myself that didn't require you to insert yourself like a Romford.
    #Irony

World Champion
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does that have to do with anything? lol

Mark needs to stop loaning out his sock account to Romford.
    How about you answer my question first. What does cbac and rip being liked have to do with me calling Hero and ageist. He is an ageist. It's a joke for one, one that Hero! gets because it's kind of our thing that we go back and forth about it.

But you inserted yourself like a Romford and for what reason? I'm still waiting on what cbac and rip's relationships with people on this board has to do with what I said.

The reason you won't answer it is because it was fucking stupid.
    What are you doing?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    #Irony
    What is ironic about anything that was said? You insert yourself all the time without knowing what is even being talked about with some stupid comment. Bert just did the same thing.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Reel Big Fish at a festival around that same exact time. 1998 Dot Fest headlined by Bloodhound Gang who came in on a helicopter. My buddy who was 5 years old had free tickets and we went, saw Slipknot before Corey Taylor was the frontman and this dope ass band called The Urge.

Anyway....RBF, they weren't accepted at all and people started throwing coins at them. The dude said something about getting hit with a quarter and how he was shocked it was a quarter due to the value of it compared to a penny lol. Next thing you know the crowd just starts pelting the entire band. IDK if they bounced after that or kept going lol.
    I think that was the tour I saw, haha. I remember Bloodhound Gang being on it and people going nuts for them. It also was a festival where I heard this band called Reveille and thought they were great.

People loved ska when I was in high school. My ex wife and her stupid friends still loved it 10 years after that for some reason. Never got into it.

I hate to admit I like a couple FFDP songs. But in the late 90s Creed was my favorite band so I guess it's not so unexpected. My niece complains when I drive her to play golf and make her listen to late 90s rap metal. Or I put on a band like Flaw and she'll ask me why I'm so angry and listening to "screamy" music, haha.
    Last edited by BigAl; Today at 12:34 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, that is exactly what you do. And you cannot seem to keep my name out of your mouth, interesting.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that was the tour I saw, haha. I remember Bloodhound Gang being on it and people going nuts for them. It also was a festival where I heard this band called Reveille and thought they were great.

People loved ska when I was in high school. My ex wife and her stupid friends still loved it 10 years after that for some reason. Never got into it.

I hate to admit I like a couple FFDP songs. But in the late 90s Creed was my favorite band so I guess it's not so unexpected. My niece complains when I drive her to play golf and make her listen to late 90s rap metal. Or I put on a band like Flaw and she'll ask me why I'm so angry and listening to "screamy" music, haha.
    Ska was very safe, very inclusive style of music. I remember Reveille, but their name is even more fresh in my mind after watching the Woodstock 1999 doc on HBO as they were one of the bands I was like, who? Then it clicked, they had a song with Cypress Hill.

Hey man, IDC what anyone says, I knew a lot of people that were in to Creed in the 90's. I hate to even admit this but I was talked into playing guitar for a band that was doing "My Own Prison" for my high school talent show in 1998 can't remember. Something happened with the amp I was using and the guitar kept going in and out so after the song I threw my guitar on a brand new xylophone.

I was also REALLLLY high as the bass player and I got high with the drummer's older brother about an hour prior.

Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    north_korea
    I think with bands like Creed, Nickelback, Slipknot, etc. it's the cool thing to say they suck, but if you actually sit down and listen to them, there's a lot of gems in their discography.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I think with bands like Creed, Nickelback, Slipknot, etc. it's the cool thing to say they suck, but if you actually sit down and listen to them, there's a lot of gems in their discography.
    You caught me off guard putting Slipknot in there lol.

Creed and Nickelback have talented musicians but their music for the most part does suck. A lot of those bands fell into a trap. Look at Staind. Foo Fighters are my favorite rock band today, they have a formula that stem from either Best Of You and/or Times Like These. You're not going to hear a song like "Stacked Actors" on the new shit. Although that Dee Gee's shit is fuckin fire.

That first Creed album is pretty dope though. I wasn't a fan of My Own Prison but they had some good lesser known tracks like "Pity for a Dime".

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ska was very safe, very inclusive style of music. I remember Reveille, but their name is even more fresh in my mind after watching the Woodstock 1999 doc on HBO as they were one of the bands I was like, who? Then it clicked, they had a song with Cypress Hill.

Hey man, IDC what anyone says, I knew a lot of people that were in to Creed in the 90's. I hate to even admit this but I was talked into playing guitar for a band that was doing "My Own Prison" for my high school talent show in 1998 can't remember. Something happened with the amp I was using and the guitar kept going in and out so after the song I threw my guitar on a brand new xylophone.

I was also REALLLLY high as the bass player and I got high with the drummer's older brother about an hour prior.
    That Woodstock 99 doc was great. I hadn't heard of Reveille and then ended up near the front at the side stage for their set at this fest and was blown away. Happy accident to have seen them.

I joke about my love of Creed but I still listen to them 20 years later. Their first album was especially great.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, Creed gave us the soundtrack to one of the best wrestling video packages of all time with My Sacrifice. That's a good song. I think a lot of people got wrapped up in that singer's weird shit, coming out hammered on stage like that's never happened in the history of rock lol. I remember they had a song on a Scream soundtrack that was pretty dope. That would be a good song for AEW to get.

You know, AEW has some old ass weak songs they use but at least it's not AC/DC.

Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    north_korea
    AC/DC is the greatest.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, Creed gave us the soundtrack to one of the best wrestling video packages of all time with My Sacrifice. That's a good song. I think a lot of people got wrapped up in that singer's weird shit, coming out hammered on stage like that's never happened in the history of rock lol. I remember they had a song on a Scream soundtrack that was pretty dope. That would be a good song for AEW to get.

You know, AEW has some old ass weak songs they use but at least it's not AC/DC.
    They had a real good song on the Scorpion King soundtrack too. And it wasn't even him being drunk on stage, that's just rock. It was more the acting like Jesus thing that people made fun of, I think.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can we keep things on topic please?

You can discuss your like of music in the proper place as well as derailing arguments as well.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had a real good song on the Scorpion King soundtrack too. And it wasn't even him being drunk on stage, that's just rock. It was more the acting like Jesus thing that people made fun of, I think.
    There was a specific show where fans tried to sue the band or maybe just Stapp and after that he just fell further and further. Kind of like Puddle of Mud guy lol.

Although it was cool seeing Scott Stapp on the Woodstock doc.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On topic: is DDP involved with AEW in any way? So far I've seen three AEW dudes show up in DDPY and those are just the ones I recognize. For all I know some of the women might be from AEW as well.

Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    north_korea
    I'm not sure but I'm sure DDP listens to Creed

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    On topic: is DDP involved with AEW in any way? So far I've seen three AEW dudes show up in DDPY and those are just the ones I recognize. For all I know some of the women might be from AEW as well.
    He's part of the nightmare family and has walked Cody to the ring. He gave QT Marshal the Diamond Cutter, like to use as a finisher, not performed the move on him.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I feel like the QT apology thing leads to Paul Wight sticking up for Tony and that being a feud.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't it be fair to say that Randy Orton should be the one to bestow the "Diamond Cutter" to QT? DDP gave it to Orton. What a drop. Randy Orton to QT Marshall. This is like what would've happened if Vince gave Tom Prichard feuds against Bret Hart and Diesel instead of the Bodydonnas gimmick. I did not know that story about DDP gifting the RKO for QT to use. Obviously it hasn't worked out very well.

Kind of like when someone picks up a signature Mark Tremonti guitar and they still sound like Romford Bert.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like the QT apology thing leads to Paul Wight sticking up for Tony and that being a feud.
    That would be fucking hilarious. Big Show leaves WWE because they weren't going to have him putting over established main eventers so he goes and does commentary only to feud with QT Marshall.

Comedy wrestling still has a place in wrestling even in AEW.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wouldn't it be fair to say that Randy Orton should be the one to bestow the "Diamond Cutter" to QT? DDP gave it to Orton. What a drop. Randy Orton to QT Marshall. This is like what would've happened if Vince gave Tom Prichard feuds against Bret Hart and Diesel instead of the Bodydonnas gimmick. I did not know that story about DDP gifting the RKO for QT to use. Obviously it hasn't worked out very well.

Kind of like when someone picks up a signature Mark Tremonti guitar and they still sound like Romford Bert.
    Spudz may be gone but his cringy forced nickname gimmick lives on.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spudz may be gone but his cringy forced nickname gimmick lives on.
    Man you are soft, you can't handle anything negative but you are so quick to spread negativity yourself.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How am I spreading negativity? You love to say I don't even say anything negative about AEW, which is false anyway.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How am I spreading negativity? You love to say I don't even say anything negative about AEW, which is false anyway.
    I don't have an exact % but the majority of your posts are negative outside of when someone talks negatively about AEW.

You can literally have the last word on this subject but let me just say one last time. You inserted yourself and completely misunderstood a comment I made toward my boy Hero! It's not a big deal but you are wanting to die on that hill and I will let you.

Just don't get soft on me. Batman needs a Joker, and we don't need another Jared Leto.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black's debut was dang near perfect. I just wish Cody didn't have to do his mock retirement speech before Black wiped him out again. Cody has become one of the most unbearable parts about AEW, and it has nothing to do with his wrestling. He constantly pines for the audiences approval and sympathy that it's gotten to be satire at this point.

Give Black the title now

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody is a solid wrestler who IMHO needs someone like a Triple H to harness what he's capable of and put him on the right path. I'm not saying go back to WWE, which I think he should, I'm just saying he needs someone to call him on his shit and nobody has judging by the holier than thou approach he takes. But he's a GOOD DUDE. I've never heard anyone shit on him and most interviews he comes across real cool and smart.

Black coming in and smoking him, then going and beating Kenny Omega would definitely be crazy. I imagine Kenny will drop the other titles he has before losing the AEW title. It would be weird if he lost the AEW title first but who knows.