0 Thread(s)
    usa
    MIRO MIRO MIRO

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leva Bates there in the front row, after that last segment, being sad that she wasn't able to promote her Twitch Channel.

- - - Updated - - -

If this is no-Disqualification, why are they starting out in a traditional tag-team style?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stand Joey Janella. The guy is a plug

Edit: MJF is just too good!
    Last edited by JuveLeo; September 9th, 2020 at 9:09 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give Joey Janela one thing; He's willing to bump his ass off for a meaningless match.

Its like wresting a Crash Test Dummy who looks like the kind of guy who pays for foot pics from female wrestlers in his spare time.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope Tay joins the Dark Order.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Brodie Lee can't have a good match with Dustin Rhodes, Mr. Brodie Lee doesn't have a good match in him.

Dustin could have at least a 4-star match with a scarecrow covered in fire ants. He should be able to get something out of this lug head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I hope Tay joins the Dark Order.
    I want a swerve where Shida joins The Dark Order. I think Shida has a good, vicious heel run in her.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This match feels rushed. They need more time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish they had a few minute overrun like RAW used to have.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, that was a badass main event. I really liked that finish.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i loved that match. dustin is the best.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, that was absolutely the best AEW match I've seen Brodie Lee have.

Dustin is a miracle worker. Good stuff.

Really, the most egregious botch in the match was John Silver's fault, for not jumping far enough to make it into the Atomic Drop spot.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... Cody hosts "Idiots Got Talent"?

You couldn't force me to care if you put a gun to my head.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping Cody would announce an AEW video game using the No Mercy engine. Meh

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Brodie had a good match with Mox too so I don't know what you're saying, Spud.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mox/Brodie match was okay.

This was the best "straight" match I've seen him have. They didn't need to do hardcore shit or collapse the ramp.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Didn't Penta and Fenix have a great feud in Lucha Underground before this? They haven't always been partners, have they?
    They started teaming on the Indies when Lucha Underground was in Limbo. LU is pretty much it's own universe, so I doubt they'd ever acknowledge their feud.

Got to save time to promote the Go Big cringe fest, lol.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Miro leaves WWE after one marriage angle only to debut in AEW as part of another one. Is that irony?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    So Miro leaves WWE after one marriage angle only to debut in AEW as part of another one. Is that irony?
    Well he was let go he didn't really leave, right? I know he was happy to be let go but it still wasn't really his choice.

I really thought he was going to be in the battle royale at All Out but I guess with Archer winning maybe it would have made him look bad?

Unless you put him in the Eddie Kingston I was never eliminated role.

They're both Twitch dudes though and I'm pretty sure Miro doing Kip's bachelor party will have some wacky shenanigans that get to show more of his personality than WWE ever let him and more than the battle royale spot would have let him.

Overall, I'm just happy he's here. I Miro.
    Last edited by Bert; September 10th, 2020 at 1:09 AM.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why the digs at WWE though? Probably because WWE was the only game in town for a while, where you could make a lot of money. Now there's an alternate place to make similar money. Hope you come back to WWE one day Rusev.

Seems like they are getting a bloated roster. Is another show in the works? Feel like they may need it.
    Last edited by Donald; September 10th, 2020 at 8:49 AM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how everyone can't figure out why Rusev as a buffoon never got past the midcard but serious badass Rusev was a top player.....It's just more pussification of the wrestling business where this little Marko Stunt fans who never won an athletic contest in their life want to see comedy and bullshit that belongs in the 94-95 era WCW with the Dungeon of Doom.

I guess the fans clamoring for the Attitude Era died and their little brothers with their participation awards took over wanting to basically see the dumbed down product we see.

Slim Rusev coming in with more buffoonery but it's called "Having a personality" apparently. I mean serious, wtf was the WWE supposed to do with Rusev Day? Give him a World title run because people think he's funny? I thought AEW weren't going to pick up every released WWE talent....so far they're doing a pretty good job lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what he said was that it was the best match Brodie Lee has had in AEW so far. Having a good match with Moxley doesn't take away from this being the best he's had so far.....

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Slim Rusev coming in with more buffoonery but it's called "Having a personality" apparently. I mean serious, wtf was the WWE supposed to do with Rusev Day? Give him a World title run because people think he's funny? I thought AEW weren't going to pick up every released WWE talent....so far they're doing a pretty good job lol.
    Listen to their fans and get another Daniel Bryan. Who the fuck cares if they get GOOD WWE people that weren't used right.

I don't agree with Meltzer often but he responded to this bs by telling someone to keep watching PWG Takeover was spot on, and I like NXT.

Not picking up people because the Nash Diesels of the world will complain about "more wwe guys" is asinine.

Well what he said was that it was the best match Brodie Lee has had in AEW so far. Having a good match with Moxley doesn't take away from this being the best he's had so far.....
    It still wasn't. The Mox match was better, probably partly because it had more time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen to their fans and get another Daniel Bryan. Who the fuck cares if they get GOOD WWE people that weren't used right.

I don't agree with Meltzer often but he responded to this bs by telling someone to keep watching PWG Takeover was spot on, and I like NXT.

Not picking up people because the Nash Diesels of the world will complain about "more wwe guys" is asinine.

It still wasn't. The Mox match was better, probably partly because it had more time.
    LOL. Rusev was not going to be another Daniel Bryan. Daniel Bryan wasn't exactly booked into the spot he wound up in was he? Fuck no he wasn't lol. This is just comedy, must be your personality!

PWG Takeover......Dumbest shit I've ever heard. That's like going back to the mid 90's and calling the WWF "USWA Raw" because they had people come from a small indy promotion. Yes, wrestlers on the come up might wind up in PWG at one point or ROH but they're rinky dink promotions. Such a reach to make it out like the WWE are taking from promotions on the same level. It's not like wrestlers get released from PWG and the WWE swoop in and sign them. This is why you people need to stop listening to Meltzer and the like, they're fucking morons.

I have no qualms signing former WWE talent to a certain extent. They're huge, many many wrestlers have worked there. It just depends on who it is and the fact Tony Khan they weren't going to be signing a bunch of a released WWE talent makes this even funnier.

Last but not least, personal opinion Bert YOU might not have thought this was Brodie's best match but others did. I think Brodie Lee is the most overrated dude in wrestling today.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I won't be watching until Fri, Did Hardy confirm or deny he had a concussion? I saw it mentioned he was needing to be cleared?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I won't be watching until Fri, Did Hardy confirm or deny he had a concussion? I saw it mentioned he was needing to be cleared?
    He didn't come out and bluntly say "Guys I did have a concussion" He also didn't wrestle and just said he would be back and go after the World title. Nothing special at all.

I have a feeling that Vince and co. wanting him to be a force behind the scenes will turn out to be the option he should've stuck with instead of damn near killing himself in AEW what, 4 times now? Not worth it but I'm sure the money is nice.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how everyone can't figure out why Rusev as a buffoon never got past the midcard but serious badass Rusev was a top player.....It's just more pussification of the wrestling business where this little Marko Stunt fans who never won an athletic contest in their life want to see comedy and bullshit that belongs in the 94-95 era WCW with the Dungeon of Doom.

I guess the fans clamoring for the Attitude Era died and their little brothers with their participation awards took over wanting to basically see the dumbed down product we see.

It's not about a world title run. The point was he was over, so you take advantage of that. With anything. They had opportunities to make him a US Champ or a Tag champ during that era, and they chose not to. The crowd was going crazy for Rusev, yet WWE didn't actually do anything to truly capitalize on that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    It's not about a world title run. The point was he was over, so you take advantage of that. With anything. They had opportunities to make him a US Champ or a Tag champ during that era, and they chose not to. The crowd was going crazy for Rusev, yet WWE didn't actually do anything to truly capitalize on that.
    They did though. Just because he didn't get a title doesn't mean they didn't give that man and his stable plenty of tv time every single week. Let's also not forget that before he was released all that tv time the storyline with Lana and Lashely were getting. It was fucking lame, but hey, he's basically jumped from one stupid ass angle into another right? Or is it ok because it's AEW??

The truth is, that Rusev Day shit was no different than popping for Santino's Cobra spot or doing the Fandango. It had a shelf life and to say they didn't do anything with him is ridiculous. If it all boils down to his waist wasn't draped in gold, go cry to Jake the Snake about that lol. Just throwing a championship on someone doesn't mean shit or did we forget about Jinder?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does seem awfully shortsighted to not listen to your audience when in various interviews for media companies, multiple figureheads of the company cite that they...listen to the audience.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    It does seem awfully shortsighted to not listen to your audience when in various interviews for media companies, multiple figureheads of the company cite that they...listen to the audience.
    In Rusev's case I'd love to know how they didn't listen to the audience. Plenty of tv time, feuds, even stupid fucking merch that was simply "RUSEV DAY" WOW. And people wonder why the only ones who still watch wrestling are die hards like me who've been watching for 35 years and the rest who think bottom of the barrel comedy=big money!

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hated Rusev once he started that Rusev Day shit. He should have stayed the bad ass Bulgarian Brute. The loss to John Cena didn't help him though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Hated Rusev once he started that Rusev Day shit. He should have stayed the bad ass Bulgarian Brute. The loss to John Cena didn't help him though.
    To me, the Rusev Day stuff was dumb as fuck and didn't do him any favors.

The fact is, like with music, over the years the fanbase has been dumbed down so much that you either become annoyed like me or go with it like others lol. Comedy has it's place in wrestling but it's usually terrible. Truth is, Rusev himself had a shelf life. The glass ceiling was real because he was made of sand and that shit doesn't break glass.

But it's WWE. If you don't wind up on John Cena's level they apparently failed you lol. But look at AEW and their brilliant booking of him already.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you criticize their booking of a guy who just debuted last night?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    How can you criticize their booking of a guy who just debuted last night?
    First impressions actually matter. It's not like I'm saying the guy is a fucking failure. But myself and others pointing out the irony that he went from one marriage angle to another....It doesn't exactly scream fuck yeah! It screams lazy, it screams idiotic because I've seen Rusev in comedy and I've seen Rusev in serious, I don't need 8 months of Slim Rusev doing comedy spots with a comedy duo to know it's not going to be up my alley.

My bad, who knew AEW had the gold touch....

Oh you didn't know? The Guy on the Couch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is getting silly, I need a new forum. Anyone know of a wrestling forum where people like wrestling? It's sad how this site has dwindled faster than the wrestling fanbase in general. Seriously, where do people go to talk wrestling these days. It's clearly not here anymore
    P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated. R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Reddit?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guy on the Couch View Post
    This is getting silly, I need a new forum. Anyone know of a wrestling forum where people like wrestling? It's sad how this site has dwindled faster than the wrestling fanbase in general. Seriously, where do people go to talk wrestling these days. It's clearly not here anymore
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impressions actually matter. It's not like I'm saying the guy is a fucking failure. But myself and others pointing out the irony that he went from one marriage angle to another....It doesn't exactly scream fuck yeah! It screams lazy, it screams idiotic because I've seen Rusev in comedy and I've seen Rusev in serious, I don't need 8 months of Slim Rusev doing comedy spots with a comedy duo to know it's not going to be up my alley.

My bad, who knew AEW had the gold touch....
    "The Best Man" gimmick is obviously more of a play on words for the situation, not based on a wedding angle. He is saying he is the best. Also, nothing about that promo last night came across as "comedy." I'm not even sure we watched the same promo.

And just because someone is in a comedy duo doesn't mean they can't be elevated by another performer. If anything, Kip will be elevated by being paired with Miro. Look at Cassidy, he was a comedy act at first and was booked solid and now is a serious player.

Again, you're shitting on something that hasn't even played out yet.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did though. Just because he didn't get a title doesn't mean they didn't give that man and his stable plenty of tv time every single week. Let's also not forget that before he was released all that tv time the storyline with Lana and Lashely were getting. It was fucking lame, but hey, he's basically jumped from one stupid ass angle into another right? Or is it ok because it's AEW??

The truth is, that Rusev Day shit was no different than popping for Santino's Cobra spot or doing the Fandango. It had a shelf life and to say they didn't do anything with him is ridiculous. If it all boils down to his waist wasn't draped in gold, go cry to Jake the Snake about that lol. Just throwing a championship on someone doesn't mean shit or did we forget about Jinder?
    It's not even about a title specifically. It's the fact that they didn't give him many wins. They were happy to put the act out there for some laughs and to get the crowd to pop, but they didn't invest into actually having Rusev or the group be a threat. In fact, it quickly devolved into Aiden splitting from Rusev and destroying the gimmick. And that Lana/Lashley storyline was just that: a Lana/Lashley storyline. Rusev wasn't on TV as much as those two and ended up being more of an accessory to the growth of Lashley. I'm not judging this against AEW like you immediately are. I'm arguing your point that a more goofy Rusev had room to get over. I don't think the way they debuted Miro was the ideal scenario, but I don't think letting him be more than a serious monster is a problem.

Let's also not forget that they fucked up serious Rusev when he was hella over as a monster heel. He had a good run, and then they made him the whopping boy of John Cena. Putting him in the position that gave rise to the Rusev Day gimmick which got him over.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, comedy was a cornerstone of the Attitude Era, so that argument is pretty weak.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guy on the Couch View Post
    You've made like 6 posts in almost 2 years.........

"The Best Man" gimmick is obviously more of a play on words for the situation, not based on a wedding angle. He is saying he is the best. Also, nothing about that promo last night came across as "comedy." I'm not even sure we watched the same promo.

And just because someone is in a comedy duo doesn't mean they can't be elevated by another performer. If anything, Kip will be elevated by being paired with Miro. Look at Cassidy, he was a comedy act at first and was booked solid and now is a serious player.

Again, you're shitting on something that hasn't even played out yet.
    You're 100% correct I am shitting on something that hasn't even played out yet. Not disputing that at all, I made it pretty clear. His promo....fuck his promo lol. That whole segment was stupid, he looked like a buffoon. If this was just another segment among many to stick it to WWE by having Rusev debut during a corny ass wedding angle then it's even worse.

So what you're saying is simply putting a WWE guy next to a nobody=elevation? Orange Cassidy was in a "serious" storyline already with Pac or did you just start watching the other day? I don't see how the Jericho stuff makes him serious........

It's not even about a title specifically. It's the fact that they didn't give him many wins. They were happy to put the act out there for some laughs and to get the crowd to pop, but they didn't invest into actually having Rusev or the group be a threat. In fact, it quickly devolved into Aiden splitting from Rusev and destroying the gimmick. And that Lana/Lashley storyline was just that: a Lana/Lashley storyline. Rusev wasn't on TV as much as those two and ended up being more of an accessory to the growth of Lashley. I'm not judging this against AEW like you immediately are. I'm arguing your point that a more goofy Rusev had room to get over. I don't think the way they debuted Miro was the ideal scenario, but I don't think letting him be more than a serious monster is a problem.

Let's also not forget that they fucked up serious Rusev when he was hella over as a monster heel. He had a good run, and then they made him the whopping boy of John Cena. Putting him in the position that gave rise to the Rusev Day gimmick which got him over.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, comedy was a cornerstone of the Attitude Era, so that argument is pretty weak.
    My argument is weak because everyone was a comedic genius and hit a homerun with comedy 25 years ago? My bad. Remember, that era lasted for about 3 years before it started to get really fuckin old. And 99% of the time when people call for the Attitude Era it isn't to see Mark Henry seed a hand or get a bj from a transexual they're looking for more physicality, realism and entertainment in general so your argument is a pretty weak counter.

It's like saying oh well, Tom Hanks killed it as Forest Gump that means Nick Dinsmore could just as well!

The whole Rusev Day shit was a comedy gimmick, it wasn't meant to be threatening and vicious.

Only blind marks take issue with a young talent getting to work with John fucking Cena so early in their career. Jesus Christ. John Cena was still and still is one of the all time top guys ever and Rusev was apparently supposed to mow over him like he did Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler prior....makes sense.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've made like 6 posts in almost 2 years.........

You're 100% correct I am shitting on something that hasn't even played out yet. Not disputing that at all, I made it pretty clear. His promo....fuck his promo lol. That whole segment was stupid, he looked like a buffoon. If this was just another segment among many to stick it to WWE by having Rusev debut during a corny ass wedding angle then it's even worse.

So what you're saying is simply putting a WWE guy next to a nobody=elevation? Orange Cassidy was in a "serious" storyline already with Pac or did you just start watching the other day? I don't see how the Jericho stuff makes him serious........

My argument is weak because everyone was a comedic genius and hit a homerun with comedy 25 years ago? My bad. Remember, that era lasted for about 3 years before it started to get really fuckin old. And 99% of the time when people call for the Attitude Era it isn't to see Mark Henry seed a hand or get a bj from a transexual they're looking for more physicality, realism and entertainment in general so your argument is a pretty weak counter.

It's like saying oh well, Tom Hanks killed it as Forest Gump that means Nick Dinsmore could just as well!

The whole Rusev Day shit was a comedy gimmick, it wasn't meant to be threatening and vicious.

Only blind marks take issue with a young talent getting to work with John fucking Cena so early in their career. Jesus Christ. John Cena was still and still is one of the all time top guys ever and Rusev was apparently supposed to mow over him like he did Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler prior....makes sense.
    It doesn't matter the level of genius. Part of your argument is that "comedy and shit" is dumbed down wrestling and won't get over. So is it that comedy has no value here, or that it only has value if it's good comedy? Even that is subjective. And why can't there be physicality, realism and entertainment mixed with comedy?

A dude who is funny or comedic can still be a threat. I'm not saying it in a, "Oh, he's this vicious monster" sense. I mean as in someone who is goofy but can go in the ring and gets wins. That's a "threat," because the biggest threat in wrestling is someone who can beat you. Regardless of how their personality is.

You're completely missing the point with Cena. Working with him was great. And yeah, I would have preferred he won at WrestleMania to really put over how much of a threat the Super Athlete was, but I was fine with him losing to Cena. The issue is that they had Rusev keep working with Cena and losing over and over. No return, no redeeming quality. And they finished that with an I Quit match. They easily could have had him lose to Cena, then step away for a while to recoup his momentum. Or only had the one rematch. Or not warp the booking to start focusing on Lana and portraying Rusev as this romantic character. Working with Cena is a blessing. Being crushed by him three times in a row is not, and served little to no purpose in sustaining Rusev's value.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defeating PAC was great; defeating Jericho, who is arguably the #1 draw in AEW, is even better. Yes, it establishes him.

The Miro stuff, it's not even worth debating. You have your mind made up no matter what anyone says.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like honestly, I don't even care about the Rusev Day gimmick in particular. It's that they had multiple opportunities to let Rusev grow into a star and they ruined that. Regardless of whether he could be a John Cena level star doesn't matter. The dude had a lot to offer as a presence and once they were bored with their toy, despite having actually booked him into a legitimate threat, they shot theirselves in the foot and gave up on it. For no good reason. Rusev Day was something that just happened to catch fire that could have revitalized his career, and they mostly sat on their hands with that other than having some laughs for a few weeks.
    Last edited by Psycho666Soldier; September 10th, 2020 at 2:47 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defeating PAC was great; defeating Jericho, who is arguably the #1 draw in AEW, is even better. Yes, it establishes him.

The Miro stuff, it's not even worth debating. You have your mind made up no matter what anyone says.
    I disagree that Orange Cassidy is considered a serious player. The Jericho storyline was purely a comedy angle. It didn't hurt Jericho, and it didn't elevate Cassidy. I don't think anyone but you is looking at this guy going "I hope he feuds with Lance Archer next because he's a threat!" No, they know it'll be some funny, entertaining shit.

You're right about Slim Rusev. I'm not a big enough mark for Rusev to pretend like I care what AEW does with him because he's not someone I'm paying money to see.

Like honestly, I don't even care about the Rusev Day gimmick in particular. It's that they had multiple opportunities to let Rusev grow into a star and they ruined that. Regardless of whether he could be a John Cena level star doesn't matter. The dude had a lot to offer as a presence and once they were bored with their toy, despite having actually booked him into a legitimate threat, they shot theirselves in the foot and gave up on it. For no good reason. Rusev Day was something that just happened to catch fire that could have revitalized his career, and they mostly sat on their hands with that other than having some laughs for a few weeks.
    Who in the WWE came out and said everyone we sign we make into a big time player for life? Nobody. Not everything is going to work. Not everyone is going to stay injury free so more can be done with you. Sometimes just because you're in a company doesn't mean that they're going to do everything right according to the people seeking perfection in Rusev's booking.

The fact is, he was lucky to get where he did in the WWE considering most talent with his lack of experience and one dimension (a great one by the way) don't really get that far. The reality is that just because the crowd is into it doesn't mean it hasn't peaked. Rusev as a midcard heel was perfect and I defy anyone to say John Cena as US champion wasn't great and didn't help people including Rusev. That's what you don't get.

They didn't sit on their hands with Rusev. Rusev Day did revitalize his career from being a basic boring heel from Bulgaria that he had destined to become (Maybe in the 80's he would've faired better in the South idk). This to me just screams like blind bitching.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm glad other people are willing to argue with contrarian Nash Iowan. I'm too old for that shit.

Guess what today is, guys?

It's MIROOOOOOO DAY.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 01: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week 02: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week 03: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week 04: 963,000 viewers
    Week 05: 759,000 viewers
    Week 06: 822,000 viewers
    Week 07: 957,000 viewers
    Week 08: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week 09: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers
    Week 20: 893,000 viewers
    Week 21: 865,000 viewers
    Week 22: 906,000 viewers
    Week 23: 766,000 viewers
    Week 24: 932,000 viewers
    Week 25: 819,000 viewers
    Week 26: 685,000 viewers
    Week 27: 692,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 28: 683,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 29: 731,000 viewers
    Week 30: 693,000 viewers
    Week 31: 732,000 viewers
    Week 32: 654,000 viewers
    Week 33: 701,000 viewers
    Week 34: 827,000 viewers
    Week 35: 730,000 viewers
    Week 36: 677,000 viewers
    Week 37: 772,000 viewers
    Week 38: 633,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 39: 748,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 40: 715,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 41: 788,000 viewers
    Week 42: 845,000 viewers
    Week 43: 773,000 viewers
    Week 44: 901,000 viewers
    Week 45: 792,000 viewers
    Week 46: 755,000 viewers (aired on Saturday)
    Week 47: 813,000 viewers (aired on Thursday)
    Week 48: 928,000 viewers (normal night, no NXT)
    Week 49: 1,016,000 viewers (normal night, no NXT)

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 01: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week 02: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week 03: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week 04: 963,000 viewers
    Week 05: 759,000 viewers
    Week 06: 822,000 viewers
    Week 07: 957,000 viewers
    Week 08: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week 09: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers
    Week 20: 893,000 viewers
    Week 21: 865,000 viewers
    Week 22: 906,000 viewers
    Week 23: 766,000 viewers
    Week 24: 932,000 viewers
    Week 25: 819,000 viewers
    Week 26: 685,000 viewers
    Week 27: 692,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 28: 683,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 29: 731,000 viewers
    Week 30: 693,000 viewers
    Week 31: 732,000 viewers
    Week 32: 654,000 viewers
    Week 33: 701,000 viewers
    Week 34: 827,000 viewers
    Week 35: 730,000 viewers
    Week 36: 677,000 viewers
    Week 37: 772,000 viewers
    Week 38: 633,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 39: 748,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 40: 715,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 41: 788,000 viewers
    Week 42: 845,000 viewers
    Week 43: 773,000 viewers
    Week 44: 901,000 viewers
    Week 45: 792,000 viewers
    Week 46: 755,000 viewers (aired on Saturday)
    Week 47: 813,000 viewers (aired on Thursday)
    Week 48: 928,000 viewers (normal night, no NXT)
    Week 49: 1,016,000 viewers (normal night, no NXT)
    Very good number especially for a post-ppv show. I'm shocked this was the first time they cracked over the 9's since the 3rd week especially when you had some pretty good shows earlier in the year imo.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to them for finally getting over 1 million.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'm sure Meltzer is wanking himself silly.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree that Orange Cassidy is considered a serious player. The Jericho storyline was purely a comedy angle. It didn't hurt Jericho, and it didn't elevate Cassidy. I don't think anyone but you is looking at this guy going "I hope he feuds with Lance Archer next because he's a threat!" No, they know it'll be some funny, entertaining shit.

You're right about Slim Rusev. I'm not a big enough mark for Rusev to pretend like I care what AEW does with him because he's not someone I'm paying money to see.

Who in the WWE came out and said everyone we sign we make into a big time player for life? Nobody. Not everything is going to work. Not everyone is going to stay injury free so more can be done with you. Sometimes just because you're in a company doesn't mean that they're going to do everything right according to the people seeking perfection in Rusev's booking.

The fact is, he was lucky to get where he did in the WWE considering most talent with his lack of experience and one dimension (a great one by the way) don't really get that far. The reality is that just because the crowd is into it doesn't mean it hasn't peaked. Rusev as a midcard heel was perfect and I defy anyone to say John Cena as US champion wasn't great and didn't help people including Rusev. That's what you don't get.

They didn't sit on their hands with Rusev. Rusev Day did revitalize his career from being a basic boring heel from Bulgaria that he had destined to become (Maybe in the 80's he would've faired better in the South idk). This to me just screams like blind bitching.
    You keep changing the goal post of the argument and putting words in my mouth. No, not everyone has to be a big time player. But if they are talented enough and make a splash, you should capitalize on that because it will ultimately make you more money. I get that you don't see much in Rusev. I do. And judging by the many people who have complained about how he was handled and chanted "Rusev Day" at the events, there are many others, too. I'm not going to claim to know how much merch Rusev pushed or how he fared in whatever analytics by which WWE make their decisions. But why not keep pushing him as a consistent midcard force? Why not use his loss to Cena at WrestleMania as a chance to springboard a new storyline to have some of that clout from wrestling Cena rub off on someone else?

How do we know it peaked? We don't because WWE didn't even give it a real second chance once he lost to Cena. Again, I even said losing to Cena at Mania wasn't the problem. It's how they handled it afterward. Cena as US Champ was great. I wholly agree. That doesn't mean they had to keep throwing Rusev at him for continual losses instead of having him transition into another angle.

I said mostly sat on their hands, because they played around with it for a minute then let it die, even though the crowd was still into it.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I'm sure Meltzer is wanking himself silly.
    Yep, he just painted his living room white.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone else wants to post the ratings going forward, they're more than welcomed to lol.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If someone else wants to post the ratings going forward, they're more than welcomed to lol.
    You might want to start putting it behind a spoiler tag at week 50, the list is getting kind of long.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to start putting it behind a spoiler tag at week 50, the list is getting kind of long.
    Someone else is welcomed to do that I'm done doing these.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone else is welcomed to do that I'm done doing these.
    But you were doing such a great service to the boards

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yo my shots at Dave have nothing to do with you my brother.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless of cause you are Meltzer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, over a million! That's great news for AEW. It really is Miro day!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You keep changing the goal post of the argument and putting words in my mouth. No, not everyone has to be a big time player. But if they are talented enough and make a splash, you should capitalize on that because it will ultimately make you more money. I get that you don't see much in Rusev. I do. And judging by the many people who have complained about how he was handled and chanted "Rusev Day" at the events, there are many others, too. I'm not going to claim to know how much merch Rusev pushed or how he fared in whatever analytics by which WWE make their decisions. But why not keep pushing him as a consistent midcard force? Why not use his loss to Cena at WrestleMania as a chance to springboard a new storyline to have some of that clout from wrestling Cena rub off on someone else?

How do we know it peaked? We don't because WWE didn't even give it a real second chance once he lost to Cena. Again, I even said losing to Cena at Mania wasn't the problem. It's how they handled it afterward. Cena as US Champ was great. I wholly agree. That doesn't mean they had to keep throwing Rusev at him for continual losses instead of having him transition into another angle.

I said mostly sat on their hands, because they played around with it for a minute then let it die, even though the crowd was still into it.
    They did keep pushing him as a midcard force. He was well protected in those Cena losses. We can spend all day talking about the up and down booking of feuds with Dolph, Roman Reigns, the League, etc. I never saw Rusev above where the WWE had him and if he did make it that would have been perfectly fine. He wasn't incapable of being a main eventer IMHO, but we don't know if he would've thrived.

I do think the WWE gave him plenty of chances. Maybe the fans shouldn't have been chanting WE WANT LANA so much because I knew the message would get distorted. They Mero'd him (funny how close his new name is to Mero). They saw more money in Lana because 90% of the fanbase are dudes and look what happened. Let's also not forget he worked with Roman Reigns several times. But like I said, he did have up and down booking but he was still getting tv time, still getting storylines, it just wasn't always connecting.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did keep pushing him as a midcard force. He was well protected in those Cena losses. We can spend all day talking about the up and down booking of feuds with Dolph, Roman Reigns, the League, etc. I never saw Rusev above where the WWE had him and if he did make it that would have been perfectly fine. He wasn't incapable of being a main eventer IMHO, but we don't know if he would've thrived.

I do think the WWE gave him plenty of chances. Maybe the fans shouldn't have been chanting WE WANT LANA so much because I knew the message would get distorted. They Mero'd him (funny how close his new name is to Mero). They saw more money in Lana because 90% of the fanbase are dudes and look what happened. Let's also not forget he worked with Roman Reigns several times. But like I said, he did have up and down booking but he was still getting tv time, still getting storylines, it just wasn't always connecting.
    I'll give it to you on the "WE WANT LANA" chants. Those always annoyed the hell out of me. I mean, it worked, I guess, when it was part of the storyline, but I hated how it would outshine Rusev during any other segment. Then we got Lana and she wasn't even that great, lol.

It just felt to me like they only wanted to use Rusev as someone to be beaten. But not in a Lesnar way of, "Who can stop this beast?" More of, "Who's someone sort of credible we can feed to Reigns/etc.?" It's something I feel is the overall problem with WWE where they have that up and down booking and don't stay consistent. Some people like Daniel Bryan get over despite that, but there are a good handful of others that were tarnished by questionable booking. He didn't have to win all the time, but it felt like his W/L ratio was heavily favored toward the latter. It felt like there was so much more they could do with him rather than having him be a speed bump for their pet pushes. To me it felt like in more cases than not, he would nail his role. Hell, even during that feud with Lana/Lashley, he was managing to win the crowd over despite being involved with a shitty angle, but then they kept making him lose and look like a fool in favor of a pairing that didn't even last more than, what, 2 months after they phased Rusev out?

I'm not going to argue whether AEW is using him right or whether his debut was good or not(I thought it was fairly flat other than excusing it because of my love for the dude). Especially since he debuted. I'm also not going to say WWE didn't give him opportunities. But it does feel like after his first run, they didn't care about sustaining him as a consistent force to help make the midcard seem like it means something like it used to.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is it pronounced Meero or Myro?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it pronounced Meero or Myro?
    B-Rabbit

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give it to you on the "WE WANT LANA" chants. Those always annoyed the hell out of me. I mean, it worked, I guess, when it was part of the storyline, but I hated how it would outshine Rusev during any other segment. Then we got Lana and she wasn't even that great, lol.

It just felt to me like they only wanted to use Rusev as someone to be beaten. But not in a Lesnar way of, "Who can stop this beast?" More of, "Who's someone sort of credible we can feed to Reigns/etc.?" It's something I feel is the overall problem with WWE where they have that up and down booking and don't stay consistent. Some people like Daniel Bryan get over despite that, but there are a good handful of others that were tarnished by questionable booking. He didn't have to win all the time, but it felt like his W/L ratio was heavily favored toward the latter. It felt like there was so much more they could do with him rather than having him be a speed bump for their pet pushes. To me it felt like in more cases than not, he would nail his role. Hell, even during that feud with Lana/Lashley, he was managing to win the crowd over despite being involved with a shitty angle, but then they kept making him lose and look like a fool in favor of a pairing that didn't even last more than, what, 2 months after they phased Rusev out?

I'm not going to argue whether AEW is using him right or whether his debut was good or not(I thought it was fairly flat other than excusing it because of my love for the dude). Especially since he debuted. I'm also not going to say WWE didn't give him opportunities. But it does feel like after his first run, they didn't care about sustaining him as a consistent force to help make the midcard seem like it means something like it used to.
    I think you hit the nail on the head when you asked "Who's someone sort of credible we can feed to Reigns?" I would say that's a bonus. Another top tier feud that got him tons of tv time. With that said, it was kind of a corny angle but I'm also not a big fan of Roman Reigns but if we're looking at this from a status point of view, Rusev working with Roman Reigns=pretty big deal.

And this all goes back to how I personally enjoy Rusev. I don't enjoy the comedy, I don't need to see the softer side of Rusev that was exposed on Total Divas. Like I said, he was Marc Mero'd. The WWE took more of an interest in Lana and honestly I think the shit we saw of him after Cena was the WWE trying to show layers to Rusev. The problem here is that we have nothing to gauge Rusev's success elsewhere other than hopes and dreams. Letting a guy just do whatever he feels he should be doing who's never had that freedom.....Probably why a lot of these WWE guys do almost a similar gimmick because they don't know anything but the role they've played for 5-10 years.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think guys like Cody and Rusev have that it factor, that's why they never reached higher levels in WWE.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think guys like Cody and Rusev have that it factor, that's why they never reached higher levels in WWE.
    who asked you for your one-sided, indoctrined opinion, though? you have watched nothing but a wwe product and have some weird aversion to moving outside that bubble. you think you know what 'it factor' means cause wwe told you what 'it factor' was for them; nothing more.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ok got it, can't give my opinion on a message board. Noted.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry, Don. @Morrison always yells at me in this thread, too.

Dude wants to be the AEW Dynamite thread cop or something.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    who asked you for your one-sided, indoctrined opinion, though? you have watched nothing but a wwe product and have some weird aversion to moving outside that bubble. you think you know what 'it factor' means cause wwe told you what 'it factor' was for them; nothing more.
    And you're some fucking genius when it comes to wrestling? RIIIIIGHT.

I think many, many, many fans agree that people like Cody and Rusev don't have the it factor. Many, many people, including AEW wrestlers that worked there, consider WWE the end all be all apparently or they wouldn't constantly bitch about how they were treated.

Save your bullshit for your clone account.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notice I took a pretty big shit on Rusev based solely on the 1 promotion he's worked for and not a peep out of Morrison. Finally smartening up to who he tries to fuck with.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Miro" doesn't have the "it factor" right now, because nobody in his position -- being a former WWE guy, coming out dressed like a tourist at Disney World, and joking about being the best man for a comedy underneath couple of middle-school kids can have any kind of "it" factor.

If Miro had debuted as a mystery opponent for Cody's TNT title, bulldozed his ass, stomped him, clubbered him, hit a big barefoot kick to the face, and then crushed him with The Accolade (or whatever they're going to call it now), and Cody passes out from the pain, we'd have something.

But AEW always has to "funny shit up". Miro is a funny dude (remember the fish promo from RAW?) but this isn't how he needs to be presented to a new audience. Make him a murderer before you let him clown around.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    "Miro" doesn't have the "it factor" right now, because nobody in his position -- being a former WWE guy, coming out dressed like a tourist at Disney World, and joking about being the best man for a comedy underneath couple of middle-school kids can have any kind of "it" factor.

If Miro had debuted as a mystery opponent for Cody's TNT title, bulldozed his ass, stomped him, clubbered him, hit a big barefoot kick to the face, and then crushed him with The Accolade (or whatever they're going to call it now), and Cody passes out from the pain, we'd have something.

But AEW always has to "funny shit up". Miro is a funny dude (remember the fish promo from RAW?) but this isn't how he needs to be presented to a new audience. Make him a murderer before you let him clown around.
    His wife posted something about how she had been telling him to bleach his hair for awhile and this is a creative and innovative look....I was like bitch I know you were like 2 in the year 2000 but 90% of the world thanks to Eminem wore a white shirt and bleached blonde hair.

If Miro's gimmick is that he's here to handle the Free World one at a time at the Shelter, fuck yeah.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His wife posted something about how she had been telling him to bleach his hair for awhile and this is a creative and innovative look....I was like bitch I know you were like 2 in the year 2000 but 90% of the world thanks to Eminem wore a white shirt and bleached blonde hair.

If Miro's gimmick is that he's here to handle the Free World one at a time at the Shelter, fuck yeah.
    A white shirt would be an improvement over the pink Mickey Mouse shirt with Russian writing on it he debuted in.

This is why WWE wants guys to wear their own merch. They might look like action figures, because they're always in their gear and a branded t-shirt, but at least they don't look like a lost tourist trying to find the park services booth.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean I can't expect much when the credentials of the guy making the final decisions (supposedly) of what goes on tv is spoiled rich kid who had an e-fed back in the day lol.

Hey, I used to fuck with EWR, maybe I could run a multi-million dollar wrestling promotion???

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I mean I can't expect much when the credentials of the guy making the final decisions (supposedly) of what goes on tv is spoiled rich kid who had an e-fed back in the day lol.

Hey, I used to fuck with EWR, maybe I could run a multi-million dollar wrestling promotion???
    I think you'd be best to hire Morrison to run the promotion, since he is a genius.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'd be best to hire Morrison to run the promotion, since he is a genius.
    I agree. Get Morrison and his clone account to start up a promotion and show us how it's done! By the way, he'll also be policing any comments that question his ability as a promoter, talent scout, booker, etc.

I always find it comical that Morrison and his clone account do nothing but criticize, yet call people out for doing the same thing like there's some level you have to reach to have an opinion........

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok got it, can't give my opinion on a message board. Noted.
    considering you have no desire to look at or take in anything outside of a wwe product, why would anybody need or want your opinion on shit going on outside of wwe?

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pretty sure my opinion I stated was about Cody and Rusev in WWE. I said nothing about them outside of WWE. They were never going to get the brass ring in the WWE because they didn't have that it factor that WWE wants. If they can grab brass rings outside of WWE, good for them. I think other guys like Cesaro would also benefit from working elsewhere.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    considering you have no desire to look at or take in anything outside of a wwe product, why would anybody need or want your opinion on shit going on outside of wwe?
    I think his comment was aimed at these former WWE wrestlers coming in crying about how they weren't given the world. Maybe they didn't have what the WWE were looking for.....

Pretty sure my opinion I stated was about Cody and Rusev in WWE. I said nothing about them outside of WWE. They were never going to get the brass ring in the WWE because they didn't have that it factor that WWE wants. If they can grab brass rings outside of WWE, good for them. I think other guys like Cesaro would also benefit from working elsewhere.
    Exactly. Your comment was strictly based on their time in WWE.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, project much?

it's got nothing to do with being a genius.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    lol, project much?

it's got nothing to do with being a genius.
    Any promotion I run would be shut down after a month. You're a genius compared to me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer's All Out Ratings:

Janela vs. Serpentico: 2.0
    Private Party vs. Reynolds and Silver: 2.75
    Britt vs. Swole N/R
    Jurassic Express vs. Young Bucks 4.25
    Casino Battle Royale 2.5
    Guevara vs. Hardy N/R
    Hikaru versus Thunder 3.5
    Cardona, Marshall, Rhodes and Sky vs. Dark Order: 3.5
    FTR vs. Omega and Page: 4.5
    Cassidy vs. Jericho 3.5
    Moxley vs. MJF: 4.25

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel it's a bit high for both traditional tag matches, and I personally liked the battle Royale more, but that seems about right otherwise.

Though, not rating Britt/Swole feels like a copout.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I feel it's a bit high for both traditional tag matches, and I personally liked the battle Royale more, but that seems about right otherwise.

I don't follow his ratings really, does he usually rate cinematic matches?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's never given Omega or the Young Bucks anything less than a 4 since AEW kicked up. With that said, I don't agree about the YB match but I do agree that Omega/Page v. FTR was not only the best match EASILY on the ppv, but 4 1/2 stars is where I'd put it as well. Great match. Proof once again that FTR can make any team look awesome and awesome teams look incredible.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure you're not confusing "It Factor" with "X Factor"? Cody and Rusev definitely didn't have that, but few do.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Are you sure you're not confusing "It Factor" with "X Factor"? Cody and Rusev definitely didn't have that, but few do.

He would be great in AEW. WWE simply didn't know what to do with the guy. I mean, no IC title run? He unified the CW and LHW titles, nobody even remembers that. He had a short lived run as European champ and then jobbed to Shane McMahon. I don't think he ever won the Hardcore title. Tag-team titles with a handful of wrestlers.

I mean, he was the original Daniel Bryan they just didn't listen to the crowd like they did when DB was with Kane. I think if AEW brought him and he did a program with Cody over who has the best dog=money!

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't follow his ratings really, does he usually rate cinematic matches?
    he doesn't. he'll usually comment on them during the podcast, but wont rate them. even the edge/randy orton 'greatest match ever' match, which was a more traditional match but still with edits and stuff, didnt get a rating. he doesnt think it's fair to rate matches that have the benefit of post-production and editing that heavily changes, or could heavily change, the way things play out.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Wait what it’s that much? It’s $19.99 on Fite tv
    Online correct?

im really ignorant of computers, apps, dont even own a cellphone (but do have a tablet)

do you need to sign up and belong to fite.tv for a basic fee and then pay the 19.99 for the ppv?
    I know some services like nugs.tv work that way (concerts)

as it turned out, I'm really glad I didn't get to watch Matt Hardy not get a concussion - just listen to or read Tony Khan's tweets

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have to disagree about Rusev.
    If the fans are chanting your name every time you come out without the boss or his mouthpieces having to tell the audience what to say repeatedly, 15 times every two minutes, it's just quite possible that you've got 'it'.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    I might have to disagree about Rusev.
    If the fans are chanting your name every time you come out without the boss or his mouthpieces having to tell the audience what to say repeatedly, 15 times every two minutes, it's just quite possible that you've got 'it'.
    Did Fandango have "it"?

You could get cheers and still not have "IT" Usually people talk about having "it" they don't mean midcard status, they mean top tier. The fans actually chanted way more for Lana.

Question...Was he with Lana when the Rusev Day stuff started?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, he wasn't. It was a random pairing with Aiden English.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, he wasn't. It was a random pairing with Aiden English.
    I always get confused with the "Lana Day" shit that bled into that.

I'm shocked nobody is talking about that sweet angle with Jinder he had. Another top guy Rusev got to work with.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's never given Omega or the Young Bucks anything less than a 4 since AEW kicked up. With that said, I don't agree about the YB match but I do agree that Omega/Page v. FTR was not only the best match EASILY on the ppv, but 4 1/2 stars is where I'd put it as well. Great match. Proof once again that FTR can make any team look awesome and awesome teams look incredible.
    I wouldn't knock then too much. I really liked Bucks/JE more than most, but was more like 3.5-4.0 to me. And the Tag Title match just felt like it was missing a little something and felt kind of flat. But I could have easily been jaded after the Hardy/Sammy incident. I'd put it at 4.0, but that's probably splitting hairs at that point.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He would be great in AEW. WWE simply didn't know what to do with the guy. I mean, no IC title run? He unified the CW and LHW titles, nobody even remembers that. He had a short lived run as European champ and then jobbed to Shane McMahon. I don't think he ever won the Hardcore title. Tag-team titles with a handful of wrestlers.

I mean, he was the original Daniel Bryan they just didn't listen to the crowd like they did when DB was with Kane. I think if AEW brought him and he did a program with Cody over who has the best dog=money!
    I know this is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but I mean...I always thought my boy X-Pac deserved more shine. But at least with him, I can look and say a lot of the reason he didn't is probably thanks to drugs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't knock then too much. I really liked Bucks/JE more than most, but was more like 3.5-4.0 to me. And the Tag Title match just felt like it was missing a little something and felt kind of flat. But I could have easily been jaded after the Hardy/Sammy incident. I'd put it at 4.0, but that's probably splitting hairs at that point.
    The problem I have is the Young Bucks do soooooo much and have been around like 10 years that it's almost like when they do something acrobatic, even if they've never done it, I still go "Eh, big deal" lol. I like them don't get me wrong, but I've never been a big big fan of their style. They have to work like that because nobody believes two guys built like James Ellsworth could be imposing but I think it has hurt them as well.

It's been a long, long time since the Young Bucks have been able to work with a team like FTR so I think FTR is going to slow them down, make the shit matter, and possibly give us the best tag match of the year. Young Bucks could learn a thing or two from a team like The Usos or even the MCMG. Do that crazy wild shit but it doesn't need to be crazy wild shit from bell to bell. There's a reason 3 Count and the Jung Dragons only got over with ladders.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Online correct?

im really ignorant of computers, apps, dont even own a cellphone (but do have a tablet)

do you need to sign up and belong to fite.tv for a basic fee and then pay the 19.99 for the ppv?
    I know some services like nugs.tv work that way (concerts)

as it turned out, I'm really glad I didn't get to watch Matt Hardy not get a concussion - just listen to or read Tony Khan's tweets
    In the US it's not on fite.tv, it's on ppv and bleacher report.

In the UK it's on fite.tv and $20, but that's probably because it's on at like midnight-1am for them.

You could use a VPN from the UK to watch it in the US for $20 but you said you're not great with computers so you're probably out of luck.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll put some stock in any of these reports when somebody has the balls to put out a report on how many new cases of covid-19 were caused and continue to be caused by mass 'peaceful protests' looting and destroying of our cities this summer.
    but of course that won't happen because of politics and fear of being sent in banishment to the modern day equivelant of the desert like Moses was.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll put some stock in any of these reports when somebody has the balls to put out a report on how many new cases of covid-19 were caused and continue to be caused by mass 'peaceful protests' looting and destroying of our cities this summer.
    but of course that won't happen because of politics and fear of being sent in banishment to the modern day equivelant of the desert like Moses was.
    I just posted an article debunking it in the Coronavirus thread in the asylum.
    https://reason.com/2020/09/09/no-the...ce=parsely-api
    There very well may be more cases that have been linked to the early August event, but so far, that's only 260 confirmed cases—about 0.1 percent of the number the IZA paper offers.

To get to the astronomical number of cases allegedly spread because of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, the researchers analyzed "anonymized cellphone data to track the smartphone pings from non-residents and movement of those before and after the event," notes Newsweek. "The study then linked those who attended and traveled back to their home states, and compared changes in coronavirus trends after the rally's conclusion."

Essentially, the researchers assumed that new spikes in cases in areas where people went post-rally must have been caused by those rally attendees, despite there being no particular evidence that this was the case. The paper, which has not been peer-reviewed, failed to account for simultaneous happenings—like schools in South Dakota reopening, among other things—that could have contributed to coronavirus spread in some of the studied areas.

The researchers also assumed a $46,000 price tag for each person infected to calculate the $12.2 billion public health cost of the event—but this figure would only make sense if every person had a severe case requiring hospitalization.

The results of the IZA paper "do not align with what we know," South Dakota epidemiologist Joshua Clayton said at a Tuesday news briefing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like hugh laurie as house but its hard to believe he is a incompetent space ship captain on avenue 5. Why can't he just be house on that show?

Seems to be on par with the arguments on any wwe star going to AEW. People seem to think just because you were fired from WWE you should quit wrestling until a shock rumble appearance in 5 years. Either that or they should be in a main event immediately with no character build on the new show because reasons? Not everyones going to be rocket strapped. Some people are in the wwe for more than one show before they became main eventers some even *gasp*11 years before winning the title.

Let it play out. Miro showing up on Dynamite actually made me think that I know value watching Dynamite over all of the WWE shows right now. NXT is up there but even before it was 2 hours I only watched the takeovers and read the news.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MIIIIIIIIIRO DAAAAAAAAAAY

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)