Page 3 of 157 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    lol "qualifications" to be "chief brand officer", a totally made up thing. her having that position doesn't really make any less sense than the bucks and cody being 'executive vice presidents'; it's their project, they know wrestling and they know how they want to run the company.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I bet Cody books himself to become the first champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Maybe harsh here, but did she get this job so they could get Cody to sign?

Does she have the qualifications?
    goodness me you dafty.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Dave, as expected, had a ton of things to say about AEW this week in the Observer. I've compiled the most interesting bits here.

They are negotiating with two major cable networks for a live weekly two-hour show

AEW opened picking up sizable talent and there are very serious negotiations with two major cable stations for a weekly two-hour live prime time television show

The Jacksonville show is expected to take place in July, and the third show is expected to take place in Chicago in September

The second AEW show will be during the summer in Jacksonville, with a large percentage of proceeds going to benefit victims of gun violence. There is still a lot to work out for the show, but it will most likely be in July or closely related to that.

The third show, as yet unannounced, is likely to be in Chicago, possibly back at the Sears Center, over Labor Day weekend with the idea of being the anniversary of the first All In, and would also be a PPV show.

They are unlikely to land Mayu Iwatani, but are looking at other Japanese women including bringing in Aja Kong

Women wrestlers from Stardom and other promotions have been contacted. One of the key ones was Mayu Iwatani, who is unlikely to come. ROH, which also has an affiliation with Stardom, paid for Iwatani’s three-year U.S. visa so unless ROH and AWE make a deal, which will be difficult because they are competitors, Stardom feels it would be wrong to have her work against ROH, which also has booked Iwatani for its Madison Square Garden show.

Several Japanese women have been talked about for at least certain dates, including Hall of Famer Aja Kong, but that deal is not believed to be completed. But the Japanese women are being heavily scouted.

Tuesday Night Dynamite probably won't be a thing

While Tuesday Night Dynamite was trademarked and that obviously meant Tuesday was the plan at that time, it is up to the station they sign with and right now Tuesday looks highly unlikely, but two hours of live prime time is still the plan with either deal.

The Young Bucks turned down a very unique deal from WWE

Paul Levesque worked hard at getting all four into WWE. Page was offered main roster money to work NXT, where he’d have been pushed as one of its top stars. The Bucks & Cody were offered strong deals. The Bucks deal was for money roughly the same as WWE champion A.J. Styles, which would have also included BTE being made a regular weekly show on the WWE Network, as well as something I’ve never heard WWE concede on, which was a six-month window where they could have left their three-year contract if they wanted and weren’t happy with their push.

Of course, WWE was fully aware of the Khan deal as this was going down, which was one of the reasons they went so hard in locking up talent of late. The great offer with the six-month window was with knowledge that Khan was not doing the promotion without The Bucks & Cody and signing them would keep them from being opposition. Without them, Khan wouldn’t have the star power and stars of All In, meaning he’d likely not have the openings to everything from television to top talent that was necessary.

Those who work in WWE with knowledge of the deal were certain they wouldn’t turn it down, and outright told me that they would be debuting at the Rumble, and had a Rumble-to-Mania significant storyline. When they made the decision to go to AEW, they remarked that it was mind-boggling that they would ever get an offer at that level, and even more that they were turning it down. But they did roughly 12 hours of talks with Levesque, who they heavily praised in how he handled everything, in particular seeing the comedy aspect in the skit they did where they superkicked Kazarian dressed up as him over-and-over in what was the public turning down of the offer on BTE.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I bet Cody books himself to become the first champion.
    tony khan is apparently going to be the head of creative and playing the vince mcmahon role in that all decisions go through him.

very odd given he has zero experience doing that.

i imagine hangman page ends up being the first champion unless they somehow sign some other huge name cause i dont see them making jericho the first champion of the company.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine it'll be a tournament built with dissension in The Elite, with Hangman turning heel on Cody to win the belt and basically doing the Omega/Cody turf war with the Buck's in the middle. The promotion will get built around Omega if he goes there, but I imagine his first story is Alpha vs. Omega 2. That would be for a later show, maybe costing each other tournament matches or something on the first show. These guys are creative though, I'm sure they've got ideas and angles for the first show regardless of TV. I definitely think you hold off from the bigger matches until they're on the air though, and build to the bigger shows through TV like the old days.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    tony khan is apparently going to be the head of creative and playing the vince mcmahon role in that all decisions go through him.

very odd given he has zero experience doing that.

i imagine hangman page ends up being the first champion unless they somehow sign some other huge name cause i dont see them making jericho the first champion of the company.
    Khan being the head of creative is odd, but perhaps that decision was made due to the optics of Cody and the Bucks booking themselves.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Meltzer apparently said that Kenny already turned WWE down. I think Jericho slipped up in a recent interview and mentioned Kenny's involvement with AEW as well.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Khan being the head of creative is odd, but perhaps that decision was made due to the optics of Cody and the Bucks booking themselves.
    yeah, that was one of my first thoughts, as well. i imagine cody and the bucks will have a lot of input into the creative direction and booking of the company, and being able to have khan be the figurehead for it to the public can create a nice buffer zone.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it could just be a rubber stamp position, where effectively the bucks/cody/whoever else maybe will be doing the booking, but khan is the official decision maker in the event of any disagreement, totally off the wall idea, etc.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What baffles me is reading that people in WWE though for sure that they wouldn't turn down the offers they made. I mean it might just be me, but I've always thought of Cody, Bucks, Omega, etc. as Anti-WWE people and would never go there.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hubris

There's that but there's also some sincerity since the idea of the six-month out does seem like it could be out of the norm as a provision they would offer.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    What baffles me is reading that people in WWE though for sure that they wouldn't turn down the offers they made. I mean it might just be me, but I've always thought of Cody, Bucks, Omega, etc. as Anti-WWE people and would never go there.
    few people are anti-anything that will pay them millions of dollars.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    goodness me you dafty.
    Why?

Would she have that job if Cody wasn't there?

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would Cody have the job if she wasn't there?

Cody's been up front and honest about his wife has given him the strength to initially leave WWE and then to pursue his idea and dreams. He wouldn't be Exec. VP. now without her.

Perhaps she wouldn't be CBO without him, but they've helped each other to this point, not only one helping the other.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why?

There wouldn't be a company if both weren't there. Its an irrelevant question.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    If I bankroll a wrestling company then I'm booking it. You would all do the same.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wouldn't, because booking Braun Strowman to win every title isn't good business for the masses.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love a Jim Cornette-led group of "old school wrestlers" invading the promotion.

possibilities: Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser, The Revival, Moose, Jack Swagger, Nick Aldis

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why?

have you not been keeping up? this is their company. there was no convincing needed to get anybody to sign or to sweeten the pot. they started a company and have taken positions in that company. there's nothing else to it.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    There wouldn't be a company if both weren't there. Its an irrelevant question.
    It is relevant as Cody is the star.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not a huge fan of cody, but pretty pumped for this

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is relevant as Cody is the star.
    Okay, but she’s part of that act. Genuinely confused what you’re trying to prove with this line of thought.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably should get out the wittle itty bity spoon and feed him info in easily digestible parts

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shut up.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, but she’s part of that act. Genuinely confused what you’re trying to prove with this line of thought.
    I am saying that essentially she has been thrown a bone here because they really needed Cody.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry man, just looks like you have little idea about this start-up and look pretty foolish. was just giving cewsh some advice, as he was also confused as to why you are looking so foolish.

it's almost like you intentionally miss points.

it is cody's company, along with the bucks and stuff. she is an influence in his life and part of Being The Elite. she is part of the start-up. you are acting like Khan is just starting this up on his own and hiring people, which isn't really happening here. cody, the bucks, etc all have come up with this idea of a company, and found a backer in Khan. it is their company. they are running the show. how you don't understand that is kinda weird.
    Last edited by Matthew; January 13th, 2019 at 9:04 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    We can put this under because RP detests women in power

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shut up.

- - - Updated - - -

I am saying that essentially she has been thrown a bone here because they really needed Cody.
    As Matthew said, they ARE the company. Brandi handles the branding, Matt Jackson’s wife handles the merchandising. I’m not sure you understand what is going on here. Brandi has been handling Cody’s brand and marketing for years.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    We can put this under because RP detests women in power
    Lolllll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    sorry man, just looks like you have little idea about this start-up and look pretty foolish. was just giving cewsh some advice, as he was also confused as to why you are looking so foolish.

it's almost like you intentionally miss points.

it is cody's company, along with the bucks and stuff. she is an influence in his life and part of Being The Elite. she is part of the start-up. you are acting like Khan is just starting this up on his own and hiring people, which isn't really happening here. cody, the bucks, etc all have come up with this idea of a company, and found a backer in Khan. it is their company. they are running the show. how you don't understand that is kinda weird.
    Khan is head of creative, so he is running the show

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay so you are deliberately missing points, got it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khan's the financial backer of a project that Cody and the Young Bucks created. That doesnt take away from the fact that this is still Cody's thing and he can probably do whatever the hell he wants with it. You make it sound like this is a company (owned entirely by someone else) that hired Brandi, just so they could lure Cody in.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awwwww shit the rune is loose

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It had to be said. I couldn't help it.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is why we need you around man. your take no prisoners approach with the suave nuance of a humble intellectual and the vigor of a hunting dog looking for a fallen duck

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lolllll

- - - Updated - - -

So you came into this thread, where we're discussing a promotion built in the image of the Elite, which includes Brandi Rhodes, to argue how the Elite are not in charge and specifically Brandi Rhodes is not qualified for her job and was only given it to please Cody Rhodes. I got that about right?

Man, you can fuck alllllllllllll the way off with that shit.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking right off then.

Off you must fuck.

Right off then to fucking.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you came into this thread, where we're discussing a promotion built in the image of the Elite, which includes Brandi Rhodes, to argue how the Elite are not in charge and specifically Brandi Rhodes is not qualified for her job and was only given it to please Cody Rhodes. I got that about right?

Man, you can fuck alllllllllllll the way off with that shit.
    Cheers Wedge Mark 2. Right back at ya

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Wedge Mark 2. Right back at ya
    Your act is so, so tired. Comparing me to Wedge is such a weak insult, man.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cewsh >>>>> Wedge

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your act is so, so tired. Comparing me to Wedge is such a weak insult, man.
    Oh bore off. I raised a legitimate point and you told me to fuck off. Do one.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think we should be at the point where Cody wouldn’t be where he is without Brandi and vise versa.

Tony Khan, while technically the man backing this thing, is a fan of wrestling and not really much more than that. He surely will give input, but he won’t be the driving force behind this thing.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cody wouldn't be where he is without Vince McMahon.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody wouldn't exist without Dusty

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh bore off. I raised a legitimate point and you told me to fuck off. Do one.
    What exactly was your point? That women can’t be executives based on merit?

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Cody wouldn't exist without Dusty
    There it is

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly was your point? That women can’t be executives based on merit?
    What merit? What has she done to merit this position?

Would you appoint someone with next to no experience in a senior role in a company like that?

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

Would you appoint someone with next to no experience in a senior role in a company like that?
    Do you have trouble reading? Because Cewsh literally mentioned a handful of posts ago how she has been handling his and her branding for the past few years.

You make it seem like she has been completely incompetent since leaving WWE

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hardly think making a few t shirts is the same thing

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, you are right. All she was doing was making a couple of t shirts. Nothing else at all. My bad.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought she basically did a LOT of the same work with Cody and the Young Bucks to make "All-in" PPV event the huge success that it was. But since she's a woman, she can't possibly be allowed any credit for any of her work.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She did make them sandwiches.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vince gave Stephanie a role in his company.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She did make them sandwiches.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Donald again.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the point of this? You clearly don’t know much about this topic, and have been proven wrong a few times now. Either you’re really leaning into some kind of woman hating thing here or you’re just fucking about.

Brandi’s work speaks for itself, man.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What was Brandi's role in WWE? Some sort of announcer?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ring announcer and backstage interviewer.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what merit do cody or the bucks have to justify being executive vice presidents of a company?

this is what happens in start-up companies. the people starting the company take on roles and positions within their company. if i was to start up my own company i would certainly be in charge of it as the CEO, but im not going to be hired as CEO off the streets for anybody elses company. it is part of the appeal of creating something on your own, that you get to be in charge of every aspect you want to be involved in and have that autonomy, but the risk is great. why are you not understanding any of this?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a start-up with a financial backer. Cody, Brandi, the Young Bucks, Khan,...none of them are "qualified" today to run the company they hope this will become. Putting together a really great event is not the same thing as running an ongoing promotion, any more than marketing that event is the same thing as marketing that promotion.

Like a lot of start-ups, they'll succeed because their talents and ability to adapt outpace their current level of experience.

I hope they're all successful.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the point of this? You clearly don’t know much about this topic, and have been proven wrong a few times now. Either you’re really leaning into some kind of woman hating thing here or you’re just fucking about.

Does your poor attempt at being a feminist constantly trying to white knight yourself ever work? "some kind of woman hating thing" For fuck's sake is it that difficult to understand nepotism?

Her work speaks for itself....What work?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well she has been a pretty entertaining valet for Cody.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm surprised he doesn't spell it Codi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not certain what ‘suitable experience’ doing some pretty good but not great wrestling has provided Cody with to be Vice President of a company either.

Funny how being alright at wrestling qualifies one for Vice President but actually doing some branding work ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT qualify Brandi for her role.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Not certain what ‘suitable experience’ doing some pretty good but not great wrestling has provided Cody with to be Vice President of a company either.

Funny how being alright at wrestling qualifies one for Vice President but actually doing some branding work ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT qualify Brandi for her role.
    not that it even matters in this scenario, but i got curious and went and looked up what brandi's backround is. she's got a master's degree in broadcast journalism from the university of miami, has appeared in national ad campaigns, modeled, created her own swimsuit line and is part of the WAGS atlanta cast on E! shes spent a great deal of time working on image and personal brand conscious skills and projects. it's literally zero surprise that she would be in that position in a start-up.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it doesn't. Tell me what she has done exactly to be Chief Brand Officer? What has she actually done

Also, people quoting modelling and being on reality TV as reasons for it

No women hating here at all, I think she has been thrown a bone here for Codys sake.

And lets stop all of this start up nonsense as well. Khan isn't just a backer. He is CEO and he is also dictating the contracts and who will be paid what

I have no doubt that Cody and the Young Bucks will take a lot of the creative work but it will all be run past Khan. He is much more than a backer.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait for actual new news to come so this bickering can stop...

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it doesn't. Tell me what she has done exactly to be Chief Brand Officer? What has she actually done

Also, people quoting modelling and being on reality TV as reasons for it

No women hating here at all, I think she has been thrown a bone here for Codys sake.

And lets stop all of this start up nonsense as well. Khan isn't just a backer. He is CEO and he is also dictating the contracts and who will be paid what

I have no doubt that Cody and the Young Bucks will take a lot of the creative work but it will all be run past Khan. He is much more than a backer.
    IT'S HIS COMPANY HE CANT BE THROWN A BONE FFS.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is Khan's company you weapon

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Wikipedia

All Elite Wrestling, LLC is an American professional wrestling promotion. The promotion was founded by entrepreneurs Shahid and Tony Khan, the owners of the National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars football team

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When everyone is saying one thing and you another, possibly have a rethink, yeah?

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is Khan's company you weapon
    From Wikipedia

All Elite Wrestling, LLC is an American professional wrestling promotion. The promotion was founded by entrepreneurs Shahid and Tony Khan, the owners of the National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars football team
    why are cody and the bucks executive vice presidents of a company? all of them are high school grads that never went to college. they are high ranking executives of this company how?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’d think being called All ELITE Wrestling would give you a hint on whose project this is.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    When everyone is saying one thing and you another, possibly have a rethink, yeah?
    Nope.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why are cody and the bucks executive vice presidents of a company? all of them are high school grads that never went to college. they are high ranking executives of this company how?
    They might be vice presidents but they aren't running it. It is like giving an actor on a TV show an exec producer credit, doesn't mean shit. Khan is still CEO, he signs the cheques and decides who is paid what.

The fact the name has elite in is neither here nor there.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Does your poor attempt at being a feminist constantly trying to white knight yourself ever work? "some kind of woman hating thing" For fuck's sake is it that difficult to understand nepotism?

Her work speaks for itself....What work?
    ND is bang on the money here

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They might be vice presidents but they aren't running it. It is like giving an actor on a TV show an exec producer credit, doesn't mean shit. Khan is still CEO, he signs the cheques and decides who is paid what.

You’ve not answered his question though. Why would Khan give Cody and the Bucks such an important role when they have no prior experience in that area? Unless of course they played a part in the formation of this company itself.
    And also why would Khan start up a company and name it after someone else?
    You can cling onto the semantics of who actually “owns” the company on paper but this company wouldn’t exist without The Elite’s involvement. If Khan wasn’t involved, they would’ve continued their search for another financial backer and the project would’ve lived on.
    If you created a project on The Apprentice that Alan Sugar chose to invest in, he’d probably want to be the CEO of the company even though it was your creation. This idea isn’t out of the ordinary.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you know how start ups work.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this whole thing is Khan's idea or creation, explain why he's given Cody and the Bucks executive roles. And why's it named after someone else's brand?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter who's idea it is. It matters who is in charge

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if Khan is in charge, why has he given Cody and the Bucks an executive role? Why's this so hard to answer?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One person doesn't just run a company. Vince McMahon has an executive team reporting to him, this is standard corporate practice.

Not sure why you don't understand that

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tony kahn has already said they are managing the company and its events.

still does not answer why they got these titles. these arent honorary titles. there are no other 'legitimate' VP'S doing all the heavy lifting instead of them. do you think tony kahn has just 'thrown a bone' to all these guys by giving them important sounding titles but no actual power or input with decision making?

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe harsh here, but did she get this job so they could get Cody to sign?

Does she have the qualifications?
    And just what were Stephanie's other than "My Daddy owns the company"?

?..if you say hanging out with wrestlers long enough...then, she qualifies too.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    From what I gather, Stephanie has worked her way up in the company. Started in merchandise, etc.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah she was on the phones at the beginning

- - - Updated - - -

tony kahn has already said they are managing the company and its events.

still does not answer why they got these titles. these arent honorary titles. there are no other 'legitimate' VP'S doing all the heavy lifting instead of them. do you think tony kahn has just 'thrown a bone' to all these guys by giving them important sounding titles but no actual power or input with decision making?
    I don't doubt he is looking to them for creative. But Khan still runs the company

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah she was on the phones at the beginning

- - - Updated - - -

I don't doubt he is looking to them for creative. But Khan still runs the company
    yet you just said one man does not run a company...

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why you are being so obtuse.

Cody and the Bucks are there for the creative side. Khan runs the business. But Brandi Rhodes had no experience with either

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trolling from people like @Morrison is on another level. lol.

400 posts so far about the semantics of Brandi Rhodes' title. Those going to her defense are bored as fuck lol.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cody and the Bucks are there for the creative side. Khan runs the business. But Brandi Rhodes had no experience with either
    being a wrestler in the wrestling business does not qualify you to be an executive vice president in a company. if they were there just for their input on creative they would have titles relating to that, not corporate positions in the hierarchy. your whole thing is merit and qualifications, yet you have no problem skirting around the lack of those for some titles and positions.

brandi is a trained wrestler that has been in the business since 2011. she's been neck deep in creating cody's character and brand since they got their releases from wwe. your dismissal of her is so fucking weird. she was involved with the creation and promotion and execution of all in every step of the way.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they only signed nick jackson to make matt jackson happy

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't buy it. Simple case of nepotism here sorry.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't buy it. Simple case of nepotism here sorry.
    dont know if this was a jokey response to matthew, but I'll just respond like it was towards me. it doesnt matter if you buy it, it doesnt change the actual facts of the work she has put in.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She’s not doing either. She’s handling the social media. That’s what a brand manager does.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont know if this was a jokey response to matthew, but I'll just respond like it was towards me. it doesnt matter if you buy it, it doesnt change the actual facts of the work she has put in.
    Be careful claiming things are facts that you literally cannot prove, at all.

She’s not doing either. She’s handling the social media. That’s what a brand manager does.
    She's not even doing that. She does her own social media platforms. For example, the guy who handles the twitter and IG for AEW is Rick Stansfield.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One person doesn't just run a company. Vince McMahon has an executive team reporting to him, this is standard corporate practice.

Not sure why you don't understand that
    Do you not understand the question? I get that a company has a team, and the team consists of executives. But why has this billionaire chosen Cody and the Bucks for the job? If Brandi has no qualities or qualifications, why does she also have a job? Why have the Khan's, who're businessmen that own multiple major franchises, not gone and hired more highly qualified people with the experience to work for their respective roles?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    Do you not understand the question? I get that a company has a team, and the team consists of executives. But why has this billionaire chosen Cody and the Bucks for the job? If Brandi has no qualities or qualifications, why does she also have a job? Why have the Khan's, who're businessmen that own multiple major franchises, not gone and hired more highly qualified people with the experience to work for their respective roles?
    You could find someone to help with branding to an extent but this is still pro wrestling. WCW is proof as to what happens when a bunch of suits and ties pretend like they know more about pro wrestling than the people who are actually in the business.

The reality is we don't really know what duties Cody and the Bucks will have. This promotion is literally in it's infancy. No t.v., only 1 real show planned, some random merch here and there. I can't imagine Cody is going to be responsible for this make believe health insurance Khan is claiming they'll provide "certain talent".

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    haha you said duties

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    You could find someone to help with branding to an extent but this is still pro wrestling. WCW is proof as to what happens when a bunch of suits and ties pretend like they know more about pro wrestling than the people who are actually in the business.

The reality is we don't really know what duties Cody and the Bucks will have. This promotion is literally in it's infancy. No t.v., only 1 real show planned, some random merch here and there. I can't imagine Cody is going to be responsible for this make believe health insurance Khan is claiming they'll provide "certain talent".
    This is all something we'll just have to wait and see unfold. Cody and the Bucks are basically banking on themselves to "do it right", and not let it go down the way it did in WCW. The problem with WCW wasn't the fact that they had the "inmates running the asylum". The issue was that those people had their own agenda and didn't put the betterment of the company first. ECW was famously run by the talent behind the scenes too, and that wasn't ever attributed as a reason for its downfall. That's not me saying its the best way to run a business, but I don't really see it as a major issue.

I just want to see what happens with their venture. Personally I can already imagine this potentially having an impact on the industry over in the US, even if the company itself doesn't grow into a credible competitor for Vince.
    For example, if they're claiming that women are getting equal pay (as in a top female talent is paid like a top male talent, as explained by them), then not only does it become an attraction for hiring talent, but it puts pressure on WWE to do the same. Kinda like how WCW's guaranteed contracts for Hall and Nash changed the game everywhere including WWE.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not going to compare this to WCW, but I am going to compare this to TNA. Wrestler starting a promotion Jeff Jarrett/Cody Rhodes, backed by money Panda Energy/Khans. etc. etc.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all something we'll just have to wait and see unfold. Cody and the Bucks are basically banking on themselves to "do it right", and not let it go down the way it did in WCW. The problem with WCW wasn't the fact that they had the "inmates running the asylum". The issue was that those people had their own agenda and didn't put the betterment of the company first. ECW was famously run by the talent behind the scenes too, and that wasn't ever attributed as a reason for its downfall. That's not me saying its the best way to run a business, but I don't really see it as a major issue.

I just want to see what happens with their venture. Personally I can already imagine this potentially having an impact on the industry over in the US, even if the company itself doesn't grow into a credible competitor for Vince.
    For example, if they're claiming that women are getting equal pay (as in a top female talent is paid like a top male talent, as explained by them), then not only does it become an attraction for hiring talent, but it puts pressure on WWE to do the same. Kinda like how WCW's guaranteed contracts for Hall and Nash changed the game everywhere including WWE.
    Wrestling has always been run by the inmates. The problem with WCW wasn't the talent, it was the Turner suits and then the merger brought in a whole different set of suits. WCW was never a wrestling promotion like the WWE, it was always a t.v. show first. Just like TNA, and if AEW can pull off what TNA has over the last 17 then it's a major success. Despite TNA's downfalls, they're still around.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this whole thing is Khan's idea or creation, explain why he's given Cody and the Bucks executive roles. And why's it named after someone else's brand?
    Probably because the Elite is an established brand and All In was such a successful event. Naming it the "Khan Wrestling Federation" does nothing from a marketing standpoint. Cody and the Bucks are the faces of the company and doing most of the promotion, so using their own brand is more beneficial. It will have a stronger connection with fans and other people in the industry. Maybe if Jarrett had gone with "Double J Wrestling" instead of "Global Force" it would have succeeded