User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 1,601 to 1,645 of 1645

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

  1. #1601
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1203763
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    It is not more that wrestlers are taking more risks? Go back and watch some 80s or early 90s WWF/WCW.

    Very few highflyers, and a lot of plodding big men/muscle heads. People are gonna get injured a lot more doing planchas and moonsaults than doing a suplex.
    I definitely think that if you're doing more high flying moves or moves that are high impact, you're running the risk of serious injury. But with that said, we could go back to that era you're talking about and talk about Marty Jannetty breaking that jobber's neck who didn't know how to take a rocker dropper.

    I also think back then we just didn't hear about the injuries and a lot of them worked through some serious shit because the way they got paid was totally different than today-in terms of major promotions. See, a lot of those wrestlers from that era wound up dying due to painkiller addiction on top of other drugs and alcohol.

  2. #1602
    Captain Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    they're gonna say the same shit about this shit, because it's the same shit, just different shit
    Posts
    10,058
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    293102
    It goes against logic, but it's more common for someone to get injured doing a basic move than something high risk. I mean, how often has Shane been injured doing the crazy shit he does?

  3. #1603
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    21,391
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1222129
    You're right. Shane got injured just training for his match with Strowman, but he didn't actually get injured in the match itself.

  4. #1604
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1203763
    He was also injured in the beating he took leading up to his tag match at Mania with Daniel Bryan. Didn't he also survive a helicopter crash around this time?? LOL.

    But yeah, I've heard of more injuries happening doing basic shit like a clothesline. Look at Triple H. Tore his fuckin quad doing a clothesline. Nash-tore his quad the 123rd time getting tagged in and "jogging" to his opponent.

    Rarely do we get what happened to Hayabusa. Even Lesnar survived a Shooting Star Press.

  5. #1605
    Main Eventer chatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6,532
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35728
    Injuries are weird and can come from nowhere. Boxed for years and never injured myself doing it once bar having bruised hands. Played football years and injured myself loads, usually of ridiculous things, played as a defender for years, getting into physical battles, throwing bigger guys about, wrestling the lot, absolutely did my ankle though just simply chipping a ball and putting my foot down at a weird angle and twisting it bad.

    Did my shoulder lifting a kettle bell where my technique was slightly out, wasn't even heavy, just miss timed it and boom shoulder was out for about eight months

    Played rugby as a kid and did my shoulder not by tackling people but by overstretching for a ball.

    These are much better athletes than I've ever been but I can defo see them getting injured doing lesser moves than the big spots. Think it's just sometimes you aren't prepared for something to go wrong doing something basic and your body doesn't act accordingly whereas for big things your me tally prepped and you body follows.

  6. #1606
    hero Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    hero
    Posts
    44,113
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    630962
    usa
    I skateboarded and ride dirt bikes for most of my youth. Worst injuries were scrapes and I broke my nose a few times.

    At 25, I pulled a muscle in my chest yawning and that shit hurt so bad I thought I was having a fucking heart attack. Took me weeks to recover, like what the actual fuck.

  7. #1607
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not wanting people to die from an unnecessary lab leaked super virus to own the libs.
    Posts
    19,307
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    526701
    usa
    https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1395823767528656903?s=19

    I've never seen Rocky Romero wrestle. Is he any good?

  8. #1608
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not wanting people to die from an unnecessary lab leaked super virus to own the libs.
    Posts
    19,307
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    526701
    usa


    Poor guy.

  9. #1609
    hero Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    hero
    Posts
    44,113
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    630962
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1395823767528656903?s=19

    I've never seen Rocky Romero wrestle. Is he any good?
    Thats kinda wild that you’ve never seen Rocky wrestle before. Nothing against you or anything, it’s really just wild. Rocky has been around for so long and worked every major company not name WWE...I didn’t think there was any longtime fan who hadn’t seen Romero before.

    he’s a perfectly fine and capable worker, really good in tag teams. Charisma out the ass.

  10. #1610
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not wanting people to die from an unnecessary lab leaked super virus to own the libs.
    Posts
    19,307
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    526701
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Thats kinda wild that you’ve never seen Rocky wrestle before. Nothing against you or anything, it’s really just wild. Rocky has been around for so long and worked every major company not name WWE...I didn’t think there was any longtime fan who hadn’t seen Romero before.

    he’s a perfectly fine and capable worker, really good in tag teams. Charisma out the ass.
    I've really only watched TNA sporadically and WWE until AEW happened. I've seen 3 NJPW matches. I used to watch some ROH and PWG matches back in the days of the media thread and downloading shit quality avi files.

  11. #1611
    Captain Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    they're gonna say the same shit about this shit, because it's the same shit, just different shit
    Posts
    10,058
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    293102
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post


    Poor guy.
    Lol. Speaking of AEW figures, is anyone here collecting them? This is who I have so far.


  12. #1612
    hero Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    hero
    Posts
    44,113
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    630962
    usa
    I only have Cody. I’ll get more eventually, it’s a really great line.

  13. #1613
    hero Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    hero
    Posts
    44,113
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    630962
    usa


    Negative One has an entrance theme.

    Here’s Cody playing it for him for the first time

    https://twitter.com/codyrhodes/statu...164645376?s=21

  14. #1614
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not wanting people to die from an unnecessary lab leaked super virus to own the libs.
    Posts
    19,307
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    526701
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post


    Negative One has an entrance theme.

    Here’s Cody playing it for him for the first time

    https://twitter.com/codyrhodes/statu...164645376?s=21
    I hope he comes out at Double or Nothing. I expect a crazy pop.

  15. #1615
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not wanting people to die from an unnecessary lab leaked super virus to own the libs.
    Posts
    19,307
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    526701
    usa


    So there is a mystery entrant. Betting on Andrade. It could just end up being Paul Wight though.

  16. #1616
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1203763
    Unless Andrade is wining it I hope he doesn't show up at all. Ever.

  17. #1617
    Midcarder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    379
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    26341
    Completely forgot No Dynamite tonight

  18. #1618
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    21,391
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1222129
    10 PM on a Friday has to be the worst time slot. Only thing I can think is they should advertise it during Smackdown to remind people.

  19. #1619
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,501
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    134237
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I've really only watched TNA sporadically and WWE until AEW happened. I've seen 3 NJPW matches. I used to watch some ROH and PWG matches back in the days of the media thread and downloading shit quality avi files.
    He's a good "wrestler" wrestler and I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's a highlight of New Japan shows. He's a guy who is great on the mat but not as raw as Tom Lawlor and he has a shootstyle kicks and grappling style like Bryan Danielson but he's not as psychologically masterful as Danielson. His speed and bravado are really what sets him apart.

    That said, he had a really good match with Lawlor in MLW last year and he had some good matches with Danielson back in the day and I think they're all available on youtube. Too be honest, we all kind of thought he would take off as our great luchador under the Black Tiger mask but nothing really happened. Even the Havana Pitbulls tag team with Ricky Reyes kinda fizzled out. The Pitbulls vs Briscoes and Joe+Briscoes vs Homicide+Pitbulls matches were really great, i think Tainted Eclipse's Ring of Honor thread goes over more of his matches than anywhere else on the internet.

  20. #1620
    Captain Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    they're gonna say the same shit about this shit, because it's the same shit, just different shit
    Posts
    10,058
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    293102
    Serena Deeb is no longer the NWA Women's champion. She lost to Kamille yesterday at NWA's "When Our Shadows Fall" event.

  21. #1621
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1203763
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Serena Deeb is no longer the NWA Women's champion. She lost to Kamille yesterday at NWA's "When Our Shadows Fall" event.
    Good.

  22. #1622
    hero Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    hero
    Posts
    44,113
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    630962
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Serena Deeb is no longer the NWA Women's champion. She lost to Kamille yesterday at NWA's "When Our Shadows Fall" event.
    If I’m remembering correctly, Deeb is an AEW employee, and was doing the NWA stuff due to some sort of “I o u” to Marty Scurll.

    im happy that she’s free to just focus on AEW now.

  23. #1623
    Captain Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    they're gonna say the same shit about this shit, because it's the same shit, just different shit
    Posts
    10,058
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    293102
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    If I’m remembering correctly, Deeb is an AEW employee, and was doing the NWA stuff due to some sort of “I o u” to Marty Scurll.

    im happy that she’s free to just focus on AEW now.
    Having two women's belts must have been confusing for casual fans. Better to have all the ladies gunning for Baker now.

  24. #1624
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1203763
    I can't believe she's only 34. I swear to God it feels like an eternity ago when CM Punk was in WWE especially the SES stuff. Deeb and Gallows were mad young.

  25. #1625
    Alrite? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    22,301
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    878811
    spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    If I’m remembering correctly, Deeb is an AEW employee, and was doing the NWA stuff due to some sort of “I o u” to Marty Scurll.

    im happy that she’s free to just focus on AEW now.
    Why would anyone owe anything to an outed sex pest and Nonce?

  26. #1626
    hero Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    hero
    Posts
    44,113
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    630962
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Why would anyone owe anything to an outed sex pest and Nonce?
    He worked a few dates for NWA and was set to have a bigger role before covid and eventually speaking out. I can’t recall what the story is, but something about Scurll owing them a few dates and they used Deeb to fill it since Scurll is persona non grata after speaking out.
    Last edited by Hero!; June 8th, 2021 at 7:15 AM.

  27. #1627
    Alrite? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    22,301
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    878811
    spain
    Ahhh I get it, Tbh I question Serena being with him after all that went on but that's up to her.

  28. #1628
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    21,391
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1222129
    I feel like just having someone come out to debut is a lazy way of introducing them. I'd much rather Andrade come out through the crowd, in a lucha mask to hide the identity, and hit Kenny Omega with a move, and then get on the microphone, unmask, and say he will be the face of AEW. Just walking out and saying it isn't as shocking. Same thing with Christian, he just comes out and poses without doing anything else. Why not have him a mystery partner in a match or something?

    Even Big Show, rather than announce it on social media, have him come out on a Dynamite and have him chokeslam a bunch of people. I dunno.

  29. #1629
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1203763
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I feel like just having someone come out to debut is a lazy way of introducing them. I'd much rather Andrade come out through the crowd, in a lucha mask to hide the identity, and hit Kenny Omega with a move, and then get on the microphone, unmask, and say he will be the face of AEW. Just walking out and saying it isn't as shocking. Same thing with Christian, he just comes out and poses without doing anything else. Why not have him a mystery partner in a match or something?

    Even Big Show, rather than announce it on social media, have him come out on a Dynamite and have him chokeslam a bunch of people. I dunno.
    I figured the booker of the year would have been able to figure out how to debut all these former WWE talents by now but I guess even the booker of the year still has a ways to go.

    It was lazy. It's like the early 90's WCW when every week on Saturday night some former WWF guy would just show up, cut a promo with Gene, and then either team up or get beat by Hogan lol. Sometimes both!

    They should have waited for him to debut after Omega v. Jungle Boy.

    I'm just still laughing inside about Andrade thinking he was going to get Hogan level control over his booking. He was trying to get one over on TK and props to TK for not being a complete mark because it showed just how Andrade views AEW. Imagine if he tried to tell WWE "I want the power to veto a loss" They would've killed that conversation immediately. He tried to take advantage of Tony thinking Tony was just a young dude with money-which he is but again, at least he showed some backbone here.

  30. #1630
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    21,391
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1222129
    I'm sure Shaq will be back, right? Why not wait until he is, and then have Paul Wight just walk down to the ring while Shaq is wrestling or cutting a promo or whatever. The crowd would have gone ape shit, especially as it seemed like no one had any clue Paul would sign with AEW.

    Then promote Shaq vs. Wight at the upcoming PPV. Would get main stream coverage for sure.

  31. #1631
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Void - The One Where Badger Disappears
    Posts
    43,470
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1091319
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I figured the booker of the year would have been able to figure out how to debut all these former WWE talents by now but I guess even the booker of the year still has a ways to go.

    It was lazy. It's like the early 90's WCW when every week on Saturday night some former WWF guy would just show up, cut a promo with Gene, and then either team up or get beat by Hogan lol. Sometimes both!

    They should have waited for him to debut after Omega v. Jungle Boy.

    I'm just still laughing inside about Andrade thinking he was going to get Hogan level control over his booking. He was trying to get one over on TK and props to TK for not being a complete mark because it showed just how Andrade views AEW. Imagine if he tried to tell WWE "I want the power to veto a loss" They would've killed that conversation immediately. He tried to take advantage of Tony thinking Tony was just a young dude with money-which he is but again, at least he showed some backbone here.
    Andrade asking for that stuff in the article I read made me legit laugh. What a fucking dickhead.

  32. #1632
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1203763
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Andrade asking for that stuff in the article I read made me legit laugh. What a fucking dickhead.
    It really makes you wonder if some of these releases the WWE have been doing were due to people acting like Andrade. Go back the interview he did where Charlotte had to clarify a few things he said about her false preg test. She didn't clarify his comments about the women sucking other than Charlotte lol.

    Konnan did make an interesting comment when talkin about the video package AAA put together for his return. Something about he was a "World" champion by 18, main eventing by 20. In NXT he started off very slow but skyrocketed to the top within a year or so. Maybe he was coming at the bookers with a little too much arrogance and entitlement so they didn't mind cutting their losses.

  33. #1633
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Void - The One Where Badger Disappears
    Posts
    43,470
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1091319
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    It really makes you wonder if some of these releases the WWE have been doing were due to people acting like Andrade. Go back the interview he did where Charlotte had to clarify a few things he said about her false preg test. She didn't clarify his comments about the women sucking other than Charlotte lol.

    Konnan did make an interesting comment when talkin about the video package AAA put together for his return. Something about he was a "World" champion by 18, main eventing by 20. In NXT he started off very slow but skyrocketed to the top within a year or so. Maybe he was coming at the bookers with a little too much arrogance and entitlement so they didn't mind cutting their losses.
    I read up on Andrade on wiki and he's had a successful career in Mexico on a main event level but even then he's not really up there with the greats or even that pos del rio for that matter. I wish he would do an interview explaining his thought process on how he thought he was on a Hogan, Austin or rock level. I mean the guy might sell out a 1k seat auditorium on an indy show somewhere in a city where there is a feverish wredtling fan base but I have my doubts about that even. Maybe ego is sexually transmitted and he has got the flair ego virus running through his veins.

  34. #1634
    hero Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    hero
    Posts
    44,113
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    630962
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    It really makes you wonder if some of these releases the WWE have been doing were due to people acting like Andrade.
    Aleister Black has spent the last week convincing me that he's a total geek and I understand much more why he was buried.

  35. #1635
    Alrite? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    22,301
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    878811
    spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Aleister Black has spent the last week convincing me that he's a total geek and I understand much more why he was buried.
    Go on.

  36. #1636
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1203763
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I read up on Andrade on wiki and he's had a successful career in Mexico on a main event level but even then he's not really up there with the greats or even that pos del rio for that matter. I wish he would do an interview explaining his thought process on how he thought he was on a Hogan, Austin or rock level. I mean the guy might sell out a 1k seat auditorium on an indy show somewhere in a city where there is a feverish wredtling fan base but I have my doubts about that even. Maybe ego is sexually transmitted and he has got the flair ego virus running through his veins.
    Dude, that last line is fucking gold. Like AJ Lee level burn lol.

    I'm curious how big of a star he is in Mexico in comparison to others. I knew of La Sombra because my son is a big New Japan mark and loves Naito, that whole Los Imblahblahblah stable connection. But I didn't know if he was like a big name or anything. Mexico doesn't always have the best business going for wrestling so who knows maybe he was a main eventer when nobody was showing up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Aleister Black has spent the last week convincing me that he's a total geek and I understand much more why he was buried.
    Did you hear Cornette's take on Black praising Vince and saying Vince was all about his ideas, etc. ? If you didn't (or others) he basically said if Vince is doing/saying what Black said Vince told him, that means Vince doesn't give a shit about you. I can relate lol, I've done that to my family members I don't really want to do anything with I just put shit off and try to be as nice as possible about it.

  37. #1637
    Captain Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    they're gonna say the same shit about this shit, because it's the same shit, just different shit
    Posts
    10,058
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    293102
    Black also said that he was supposed to get a title reign, but Vince decided against it because he thought it would be much better to do it in front of a live audience. This led Black to think that Vince was looking out for him. Talk about naive.

  38. #1638
    Captain Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    they're gonna say the same shit about this shit, because it's the same shit, just different shit
    Posts
    10,058
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    293102
    Lio Rush was apparently injured at Double or Nothing and has decided to retire from wrestling.

  39. #1639
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not wanting people to die from an unnecessary lab leaked super virus to own the libs.
    Posts
    19,307
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    526701
    usa
    Santana and Ortiz aren't using the proud n powerful theme anymore.

  40. #1640
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1203763
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Lio Rush was apparently injured at Double or Nothing and has decided to retire from wrestling.
    They forgot to tell him Mizzark was also debuting that night and he pulled a Savage-Hogan-TNA "I'm retired brother" situation. Bounced out of the building, bounced out of the business all in the same night lol.

  41. #1641
    VILLANO IX Sinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The Foot of Sam Hill
    Posts
    12,515
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50065
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Santana and Ortiz aren't using the proud n powerful theme anymore.
    the new version is way better

  42. #1642
    hero Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    hero
    Posts
    44,113
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    630962
    usa
    Funny thing: people on twitter were giving Mikey Rukus shit for the new PnP theme, saying that he’s a racist who put gunshots in all the songs for the Hispanic wrestlers…Mikey Ruckus is fucking Puerto Rican

  43. #1643
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1203763
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Funny thing: people on twitter were giving Mikey Rukus shit for the new PnP theme, saying that he’s a racist who put gunshots in all the songs for the Hispanic wrestlers…Mikey Ruckus is fucking Puerto Rican
    I'm 100000% positive that whole gunshot inclusion is because of the LAX theme.

    I'm trying to think of the other 3-4 Hispanic wrestlers and their theme songs, I don't remember hearing gunshots in Penta's theme song but I could be wrong. I mean, if every Hispanic wrestler has a gunshot going off I don't know if I would call that racist unless Tony Khan or someone told dude "Why aren't there any gunshots in Sammy's entrance? WE NEED GUNSHOTS FOR ALL HISPANIC TALENT!!"

    TK might be a Trumper but he's not exactly a racist.

  44. #1644
    hero Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    hero
    Posts
    44,113
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    630962
    usa
    Diamante has some, but she's really the only one I can think of. Such a weird gripe.

    And yeah, all these people were in LAX lol

  45. #1645
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1203763
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Diamante has some, but she's really the only one I can think of. Such a weird gripe.

    And yeah, all these people were in LAX lol
    How about we bitch about the real issues in AEW as opposed to some lame attempt at painting someone racist because gunshots....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •