Page 155 of 159 FirstFirst ... 145151152153154155156157158159 LastLast
Results 15,401 to 15,500 of 15821

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I am a Ruby fan. I don't think she sucks. Is she like top tier or anything no. But no reason she couldn't be the TBS champion or something at some point. Fans get behind her when she is on a face run. I hated how she basically got brought in to put over Britt to start and then Jade and then others.
    This is fair.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In WWE I felt like she should have gotten a tag title run with Liv. I know she got a title shot against someone at some point but WWE never really built her up as a singles.

AEW she came in and the fans were behind her and then she jobbed to Britt. They build her up a bit and give her a good story to make a run to crown the first TBS champ and jobbed to Jade. At least at times they would build her up to just job her out to the person they really wanted to push. I liked the heel turn to go with Outsiders but then back to just fucking putting people over again. Guess that is her role.
    AEW's problem is common in wrestling-too many wrestlers miscast and/or working with a bad script. Samuel L Jackson is my favorite actor but he's been in some shit you can't make good. You'll see it all the time in wrestling where someone should be the heel but they're the babyface and on top of that the premise of the feud sucks too. She's what you hear people call a great utility worker. A good hand. She's someone I could have seen as a WWE champion, definitely AEW or TNA as the top female or one of. WWE it's a little harder because you have 10-15 women who are extremely good and established to a point where someone like Ruby it's just bad timing. Again, definitely should've had a tag title run with Liv especially during that time where they pretty much had no actual tag-teams besides them.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    AEW's problem is common in wrestling-too many wrestlers miscast and/or working with a bad script. Samuel L Jackson is my favorite actor but he's been in some shit you can't make good. You'll see it all the time in wrestling where someone should be the heel but they're the babyface and on top of that the premise of the feud sucks too. She's what you hear people call a great utility worker. A good hand. She's someone I could have seen as a WWE champion, definitely AEW or TNA as the top female or one of. WWE it's a little harder because you have 10-15 women who are extremely good and established to a point where someone like Ruby it's just bad timing. Again, definitely should've had a tag title run with Liv especially during that time where they pretty much had no actual tag-teams besides them.
    Very good points no doubt about it. Especially breaking the glass ceiling in WWE.

Utility players as important as they are and they have been many throughout the years at least generally get some recognition with a championship. Maybe very extreme example with this one but even David Arquette who most of this board could probably outwrestle is in the record books as a World Champion. Slightly less extreme second example but the Mean Street Posse (guilty pleasure love those guys) are officially recognised as being Hardcore Champions even if it was like 10-15 seconds a piece yet Ruby as of yet has nothing even if maybe being a bit Soso. @Donald (have a cheap pop Foley thumbs up). Won titles in other promotions but not the ones that really matter.

I wouldnÂ’t even say a black mark/blotch on the record books but just get her on the record book which at the same time could be a great storyline in itself.
    Last edited by Badger; February 8th, 2024 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just catching up on Dynamite and saw the tactics Claudio used for BCC to beat the Luchadores.

This is kinda Da Party/UUDD but not a bonehead play…Swiss would say “An honest mistake.”

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the Hangman/Swerve double turn. Makes sense with crowd reaction and is an interesting path for Hangman to take. Won't be too fussed if the triple threat delays Swerve getting the belt until Double or Nothing, but don't think it should drag past that.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I did the Hangman/Swerve double turn. Makes sense with crowd reaction and is an interesting path for Hangman to take. Won't be too fussed if the triple threat delays Swerve getting the belt until Double or Nothing, but don't think it should drag past that.
    Indeed that was very well executed.

Especially considering Swerve not that long ago broke into (well when I say broke the door was unlocked lol) into Hangman’s home and fans still loved him.

Hangman saying “nah” to five more minutes possibly has sealed the double turn when some fans may have still been on the fence.

There are definitely Bret/Austin vibes here. Probably Khan obsessing yet again over past WWE yet before his product was to be the alternative lol.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also lovely they gave Sting/Darby the belts and the Young Bucks attack afterwards.

That match will be as The Mask would say…..smoooookin’!

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Very good points no doubt about it. Especially breaking the glass ceiling in WWE.

Utility players as important as they are and they have been many throughout the years at least generally get some recognition with a championship. Maybe very extreme example with this one but even David Arquette who most of this board could probably outwrestle is in the record books as a World Champion. Slightly less extreme second example but the Mean Street Posse (guilty pleasure love those guys) are officially recognised as being Hardcore Champions even if it was like 10-15 seconds a piece yet Ruby as of yet has nothing even if maybe being a bit Soso. @Donald (have a cheap pop Foley thumbs up). Won titles in other promotions but not the ones that really matter.

I wouldnÂ’t even say a black mark/blotch on the record books but just get her on the record book which at the same time could be a great storyline in itself.
    It’s always going to be more difficult for the women wrestlers due to time limitations, when you have so many people vying for a spot but only one match per card. Maybe they should turn Collision into a purely women’s show.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    Maybe they should turn Collision into a purely women’s show.
    That would be cool.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Also lovely they gave Sting/Darby the belts and the Young Bucks attack afterwards.

That match will be as The Mask would say…..smoooookin’!
    At first I wasn't really into The Bucks getting the belts again, but after their appearances this week and that beat down, I think I'm ready for this new heel side of the Bucks to get one last big run before hopefully fading into the background

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    It’s always going to be more difficult for the women wrestlers due to time limitations, when you have so many people vying for a spot but only one match per card. Maybe they should turn Collision into a purely women’s show.
    Fair point.

At first I wasn't really into The Bucks getting the belts again, but after their appearances this week and that beat down, I think I'm ready for this new heel side of the Bucks to get one last big run before hopefully fading into the background
    Yeah can’t wait.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a post yesterday or today on Twitter I was trying to find it again to share it but I was failing lol. But the post had 4 pics: Omega, Danielson, Ospreay, and Okada. The comment was something along the lines of AEW now has the best roster of all time. "All time" was comical but I will manipulate the comment and ask this: With those 4, does AEW have the best roster today? Drawing power aside as we know WWE has that locked down, nobody has the star power that WWE has not just full time but on speed dial: The Rock, Stone Cold, John Cena, Dave Bautista, The Undertaker, ffs even that bastard Hulk Hogan. We're not even going to get into the likes of HBK, Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, etc.

I mean...it's not a bullshit argument to make imo that when it comes down to match quality, with the addition of Okada...And I know we tend to forget the women we talk about great rosters so we can include them as well which IMHO makes WWE's roster, in terms of in-ring quality the best it's been ever. Take out the women you still have to contend with that 1999-2007/8 stretch of incredible matches we saw.

AEW impresses me with the cache of talent at their disposal. I'm someone who has been able to remain a wrestling fan by cycling old and new AND not solely needing a storyline or solely needing a 5 star performance. It's like music. I can watch a band of any style perform live I'm impressed by the band or the singer's stage presence, probably why I don't listen to a lot of modern rap music because it's just rappers rapping with their sister's clothes on, not really engaging like the cats from the old days.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AEW has some great talent for sure. No argument. Add in the fact that they are willing to work with other companies they have a lot of people they can bring in. Like you said drawing power and what not WWE has that locked down. We see the gate numbers recently that just prove that. I think part of what I like about AEW is the fact that there is a lot of talent there and that can just also come in and work for a bit. We get to see a lot of great matches. Does AEW have its problems? Sure but talent is not an issue.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW has some great talent for sure. No argument. Add in the fact that they are willing to work with other companies they have a lot of people they can bring in. Like you said drawing power and what not WWE has that locked down. We see the gate numbers recently that just prove that. I think part of what I like about AEW is the fact that there is a lot of talent there and that can just also come in and work for a bit. We get to see a lot of great matches. Does AEW have its problems? Sure but talent is not an issue.
    Exactly. Honestly it's what kind of bugs me when people try to say AEW is so different and they saved wrestling blah blah blah. No, they're no different than TNA, ROH, NJPW, the list goes on they just have way more fuckin money. WWE are the outcasts, they are more storyline driven while incorporating great wrestling but they want everything to make sense from a story perspective-good or bad-as opposed to banking on having a 5 star match between Bronson Reed and Ivar or whatever the fuck. I don't think we'll ever have a company that delivers great wrestling and great stories more often than not, one will always suffer more than the other. AEW gives us another promotion where they'll bring in different talent from other places and for the most part the matches are good, very few are truly dogshit.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VoteTrump24 View Post
    That would be cool.
    I waiver between "It would be different, and unique, Might be worth a shot" and "They have very little idea how to book their women. Separating them from stables may make it worse"

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might bag on AEW for how terrible they've booked most of the women but let's be honest, it took WWE like 45 years to get it somewhat right lol. What annoys me though is when I hear people talk about once Tony signs this female the women's division will get better. From a roster standpoint sure, but they act like it's a cure. Sasha Banks coming to AEW for example, that's not a cure that's simply someone with a ton of name value in comparison to 90% of the roster male or female, but that's about it. She's very injury prone, she's kinda sloppy it's almost like watching a modern day Lita. Everyone who AEW signs is this game changer. I also did get why some fans of AEW harp on the WWE for not signing talent that wind up in AEW like I thought the idea was to prevent this imaginary monopoly WWE have apparently had where nobody for 23 years has been able to get a job lol.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The only talent issue they have is they have too much under contract.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Meat Madness match changed to 8 man All Star scramble with a world title shot going to the winner. Tell me you are giving Wardlow a title shot without telling me you are giving Wardlow a title shot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meat Madness match changed to 8 man All Star scramble with a world title shot going to the winner. Tell me you are giving Wardlow a title shot without telling me you are giving Wardlow a title shot.
    I saw that and I noticed Jericho and his boy were magically added to the match so it was probably a political move by Jericho to weasel on to another AEW ppv that he had no reason being on.

It would make sense for Wardlow to win if they're going to try and continue the cornball Devil storyline where Cole said Wardlow would win the belt then hand it over. Downside is, and this is probably me getting ahead of myself but if Joe retains, we get Wardlow v. Joe...again. Their matches were alright but it's basically the feud that killed Wardlow so we'll see if there's any hope. Deep down I feel like he's not winning this match and it'll be Jericho lol

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jericho is Dynamite

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would like to see Swerve win the title at some point but I see Joe retaining. I think it is too early to do Wardlow and Joe again after the Devil reveal. I can't see them having Joe drop the title too quick. And I can see Wardlow winning the title when he gets the chance and them doing a whole thing with him and Cole. They may play hot potato with other titles but the World title tends to stay on people at least for a little bit unless you are Punk and get hurt and get into fights. lol

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And Jericho's match last night was not good. And I think it was mostly on him.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wasn't Jericho the one years ago complaining about wrestlers overstaying their welcome?

Or was that a part of the storyline with flair, piper and steamboat?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay the Kevin Kelly/Ian Riccaboni thing has flaired up again to make me feel like an asshole some more

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW made the right move in having Sting and Darby retain. It's rare, but it was the right move. Sting's sons dressing up as Wolfpac and Surfer Sting was tight. Wolfpac Sting Jr had an incredible Stinger Splash. IDK if this is the real end but it should be.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The real reason they retained is to give TK an excuse to have a tournament.

I do agree I think it was the way to go in this case. I wish I would have ordered the show.

St. Louis getting the next ppv so definitely will be at that show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real reason they retained is to give TK an excuse to have a tournament.

I do agree I think it was the way to go in this case. I wish I would have ordered the show.

St. Louis getting the next ppv so definitely will be at that show.
    Tournament Tony strikes again!! lol

I thought about ordering the ppv but I just can't justify it in this day and age. If I had the funds I probably would have. I opted to just put on the last best of Sting the WWE put out on Blu Ray lol.

Weird to me that there were 9 matches on the actual ppv but only 1 women's match. With the amount of eyes that were possibly watching that ppv I would've thought maybe a TBS title match or put that tag match that was on the prelims on the main card.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I have trouble justify spending $50 for ppv's as well. WWE and the network/peacock have spoiled me. Debated going to Dave and Busters but decided against it

I did watch Zero Hour and then clips on the AEW facebook page and scrolling tik tok for stuff

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hopefully he stays retired.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He is not Terry Funk or Ric Flair. I bet he stays retired. I think he is going to take a role behind the scenes

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    You guys know you can stream these events live?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't like to stream things I didn't pay for.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw Darby's crazy stupid bump through the glass. Goddamn, son.

Are Sting's sons trained wrestlers or was this a one-off thing?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think a one off thing. they are not wrestlers.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is not Terry Funk or Ric Flair. I bet he stays retired. I think he is going to take a role behind the scenes
    We'll see. He retired once at least already when the WWE inducted him into the HOF but I think NOW he might be finally realizing after going like 30-0 in AEW that a mid 60's guy should call it a day. But again....As cool as Sting is, he's about money. Tony might've secured the Borden Family tree for a few generations but what about Sting's great-great-great grandchildren? lol

Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    You guys know you can stream these events live?
    I don't like to stream things I didn't pay for.
    And this why it's so expensive to go to the movies, to order ppvs, the list goes on. These pirating motherfuckers, after 20+ years are still oblivious. "I stream because it's too expensive" Gee I wonder why lol.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, I'd much rather pay for something than stream illegally, though I don't see any situation where I'd pay any money for a PPV these days. If AEW partnered with Amazon Prime, Hulu, something like that I may check it out. But even WWE, I wouldn't pay $50, $60 anymore.

Save your money and just watch clips on YouTube lol

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    We'll see. He retired once at least already when the WWE inducted him into the HOF but I think NOW he might be finally realizing after going like 30-0 in AEW that a mid 60's guy should call it a day. But again....As cool as Sting is, he's about money. Tony might've secured the Borden Family tree for a few generations but what about Sting's great-great-great grandchildren? lol

And this why it's so expensive to go to the movies, to order ppvs, the list goes on. These pirating motherfuckers, after 20+ years are still oblivious. "I stream because it's too expensive" Gee I wonder why lol.
    Ppv have been a ridiculous price since their inception. The only reason I got to watch then before the internet days and streaming really took off was because a group of us all chopped in. Of course that was back before there was a ppv every fucking month. The fact a wrestling company wanted their fans to drop 600 to 800 a year in ppv was insane.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to get like 2 PPVs year. I was probably up to 3 before the network.

I usually break down for 2 PPVs or so a year for AEW. And I feel mad for spending money.

The last one might have been it for me for a while. I've had problems with the Bleacher Report App for a minute (not surprisingly-seems true of many). And I'm not dropping money for a shitty app experience'

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ppv have been a ridiculous price since their inception. The only reason I got to watch then before the internet days and streaming really took off was because a group of us all chopped in. Of course that was back before there was a ppv every fucking month. The fact a wrestling company wanted their fans to drop 600 to 800 a year in ppv was insane.
    PPV is a special presentation it's not meant to be the same price as a watermelon Airhead. That's just how it goes man. So instead of paying you're going to be the reason these prices keep going up. They have to make up that money somehow.

Hey, I'm not even saying I'm innocent. Back in the 90's my friend had one of those black boxes and we'd watch all the wrestling ppvs from like 1997-late 1999 on this thing unless we didn't want to hang out with this dude so we'd either get it somewhere else or not watch it at all. But then as you become an adult you realize around the turn of the century how much pirating was starting to grow. So you have music, movies, etc. jumping up in price. In 2024, if you're bitching about the cost while illegally streaming, you're a moron.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE Network, Peacock is certainly a blessing and gets more eyes on the events. I think if they still had PPVs I'd only get the Rumble, Mania (would you pay twice now?), SummerSlam, and Survivor Series.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Before the network and Peacock the only WWE ppvs I saw were ones that I would go to a friends house and split the cost. Never paid for a WCW one. I have not paid for an AEW at this point and time. I almost pulled the trigger a couple times and this was one of them I thought about. I also thought about Dave and Busters but then I have to like deal with a crowd of people.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I once paid for a UFC PPV, it was some astronomical figure, close to $100 I think, to see Brock fight and his match was like 20 seconds ugh.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah never paid for UFC event either. I have gone to Buffalo Wild Wings in the past. I don't keep up with that as much as I used to so I don't know the fighters anymore and wouldn't want to spend the money anyway.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    PPV is a special presentation it's not meant to be the same price as a watermelon Airhead. That's just how it goes man. So instead of paying you're going to be the reason these prices keep going up. They have to make up that money somehow.

Hey, I'm not even saying I'm innocent. Back in the 90's my friend had one of those black boxes and we'd watch all the wrestling ppvs from like 1997-late 1999 on this thing unless we didn't want to hang out with this dude so we'd either get it somewhere else or not watch it at all. But then as you become an adult you realize around the turn of the century how much pirating was starting to grow. So you have music, movies, etc. jumping up in price. In 2024, if you're bitching about the cost while illegally streaming, you're a moron.
    I don't really watch wrestling anymore. We watched the women's rumble this year and everyone fell asleep soon after. Before that I think I stopped watching feb 2023. I just read results here and there. I don't have time to watch the amount of hours it takes to keep up with any wrestling from any company.

As far as affordability goes wwe made it easily affordable for all the fans which is nice. We will have to see what happens with the Netflix move. I've paid for wwe for the last I don't know how many years when I watched regularly. I never watched any other wrestling to even consider buying a ppv but I paid for a couple of ufc ppv back when brock was fighting. I had initial tried to stream it for free but they ufc is a monster in shutting streams down so I just paid for it and went about my day.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well even back in the day to say it was extremely overpriced, based on what? Everything is expensive when it ain't free lol

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Well even back in the day to say it was extremely overpriced, based on what? Everything is expensive when it ain't free lol
    When I first got out on my own I think I made 7 bucks an hour and worked like 25 hours a week. I was also in college so between rent, electric, gas and food 50 bucks was a pretty big ask. I just consider myself lucky there was a group of like 8 of us willing to pitch in. We'd typically all throw in 10 to 15 and that would cover the ppv, food, booze and weed lol.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Almost 41 and never smoked weed once in my life. booze on the other hand, man I miss drinking.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first got out on my own I think I made 7 bucks an hour and worked like 25 hours a week. I was also in college so between rent, electric, gas and food 50 bucks was a pretty big ask. I just consider myself lucky there was a group of like 8 of us willing to pitch in. We'd typically all throw in 10 to 15 and that would cover the ppv, food, booze and weed lol.
    It was very common for multiple people to pitch in so you're not alone brother. That's why you won't find too many people our age who grew up in the 80's and 90's and ordered every single ppv unless A-they had money or B-they had multiple people throwing in on it lol.

Let me put it this way. It was cheaper to get the ppv than go to buy it on VHS lol. I was very lucky to have a best friend who's mom ran a local video store and she would always order whatever wrestling tapes were out at the time. He also had 3 older brothers who liked wrestling so if we got a ppv at his house there were probably 5-10 other people in the mix.

Even today....My son is a big UFC fan. The only time he ever orders the ppvs is if he has at least 2 people throwing in on it especially now when the shit is like $80-90. Shit I remember the friend I just mentioned, his oldest brother ordered the Tyson/McNeely fight and that was like 70-80 and he flipped his fuckin wig because the fight was over in like a minute and that was all we watched lol.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i told you fuckers about the fite/triller app and a vpn. ppv's are $20 and the service has been flawless when it comes to viewing.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sammy suspended again.

This time for injuring Hardy.

So like what about the ref that let that match keep going despite the fact Hardy was like clearly out it and concussed.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Didn't he also have a match or two after that Jeff Hardy match?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think so.

I refuse to pay for news sites so trying to piece stuff together. Sounds like he was suspended for hitting his finisher on the concussed Hardy. So again what about the ref that didn't stop the match? I am not saying Sammy doesn't shoulder some blame because he should have realized Jeff was hurt and said something to the ref when the ref didn't stop things. But these guys pretty much go until the match is stopped are over and ref didn't stop it and follow protocals. That is not all on Sammy

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sammy suspended again.

So like what about the ref that let that match keep going despite the fact Hardy was like clearly out it and concussed.
    I’m with you here. I think of you’re a referee you should maintain your concern with the talent over just going through the movements a ref does. Sammie should be suspended and so should the ref.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was wrong he worked match with Hobbs.

Also sounds like Hardy told ref he was fine. So they did the finish to the match. So like how is that all on Sammy?

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    i told you fuckers about the fite/triller app and a vpn. ppv's are $20 and the service has been flawless when it comes to viewing.
    They're only 20 on fite? WTF

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sammy suspended again.

That would seem to be the biggest issue. Just seems a different way to handle it. Is Sammy not hanging out with Tony as much since he had a kid?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I am starting to admit I am starting to think about this more. I like Fite for the few things I have gotten on there in the past so this is tempting and $20 every couple months is not as bad as $50.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mhmm. they were running a promotion last year that had them at $15. before double or nothing last year they had a bundle where you could pay like, $70 and get the rest of the year's PPV's, which at the time was only DON, forbidden door, all out and full gear, since all in, wrestledream and world's end weren't a thing yet.

AEW plus is the subscription through fite, $8 a month, that gets you all the weekly shows live, which includes commentary through the picture in picture ad breaks, and they're also archived. plus all the PPV's you buy you can replay at any time.

it's the absolute best and cheapest way to consume AEW content.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I need to get AEW plus a prescription to get the PPVs at the discounted rate?

I appreciate your evaluation services,

Next, i will be asking for your VPN recomendations.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I need to get AEW plus a prescription to get the PPVs at the discounted rate?

I appreciate your evaluation services,

Next, i will be asking for your VPN recomendations.
    Nah, the AEW Plus is just to watch the weeklies.

I use ExpressVPN which is 12.99 a month. Not sure it's the best but probably the cheapest that's reliable. I've had no qualms.

So of course you gotta weigh whether that expense is worth it for you, but I wager it still would end up cheaper than paying $50 per ppv

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've got a nordvpn subscription, but you can use a rando free one. you actually don't need to keep the VPN on, just when logging into your account and starting the broadcast. once it's loaded up and playing, you can turn off the VPN and it'll keep playing just fine. obviously, if you close out of the tab, you'd have to do the process over again.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I use SurfShark, can't remember how much it is though

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, the AEW Plus is just to watch the weeklies.

I use ExpressVPN which is 12.99 a month. Not sure it's the best but probably the cheapest that's reliable. I've had no qualms.

So of course you gotta weigh whether that expense is worth it for you, but I wager it still would end up cheaper than paying $50 per ppv
    I've wanted to pick up a vpn anyway. Just been lazy

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thanks for the info guys. We have been considering it as well.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all honesty, this whole chain has been very helpful

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hopefully AEW gets put on Max.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $20 for AEW is way too much.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read an entertaining series of tweets. A couple fans pondered whether Sammy was suspended or if this has something to do with what he said about Sasha Banks who is about to supposedly debut for AEW. There was also something about Kiera Hogan but IDK how it relates to Sasha as it wasn't explained.

It just sounds weird that Sammy is the one REPORTEDLY suspended because it was apparently on him to diagnose Jeff's condition. This kid is always in some shit it seems. My question is....considering how rent free CM Punk lives in the heads of AEW and many of their fans, Is there a way we can blame CM Punk for this to keep it rolling?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Jeff's to blame for this one. If he wasn't unprofessional and walk out on WWE, he wouldn't have been in the match to get injured.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I read an entertaining series of tweets. A couple fans pondered whether Sammy was suspended or if this has something to do with what he said about Sasha Banks who is about to supposedly debut for AEW. There was also something about Kiera Hogan but IDK how it relates to Sasha as it wasn't explained.

It just sounds weird that Sammy is the one REPORTEDLY suspended because it was apparently on him to diagnose Jeff's condition. This kid is always in some shit it seems. My question is....considering how rent free CM Punk lives in the heads of AEW and many of their fans, Is there a way we can blame CM Punk for this to keep it rolling?
    Yeah I am baffled on this suspension. I mean he should have been able to tell something was off but not his job to stop the match.

People come up with some stuff don't they. He did sensitive training or something already and served a suspension for his comments towards Mercedes and I think he even reached out and apologized. Hadn't heard anything about Kiera Hogan. I might have to see I can figure out what that is all about.

And yeah why not lets blame Punk.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Hopefully AEW gets put on Max.
    That would be nice

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, if you can't see that this is CM Punk at play, you're living with your head in the sand.

1. Sammy is a Jericho disciple. The very same Chris Jericho who referred to Punk as a cancer after the Bucks/Page/Cabana/Cabana's Mom's bank account incident/bewildered Khan press conference.
    2. Chris Jericho is too powerful for a direct confrontation. His Canuckian Charisma has overpowered Tony.
    3. Sammy is in a perfect spot as a target, with Khan upset that Taye and Sammy did not invite him to be their during their child's delivery.

VERY obviously, Punk influenced Sasha to follow his pattern of leaving WWE abruptly. He originally intended to have her join him in AEW, where he would eventually further his storyline by wooing her away from MJF. When Punk was injured, in hot water, injured again, in hot water again....the plan faced some delays.

When Punk was released, he got with Banks and convinced her to simultaneously:
    1. Exert her power over AEW in a way that would establish her dominance in a way that she had been unable to in WWE
    2. Act as the executor of Punk's vengeance

She negotiated with Khan and forced him to suspend SG as a condition of her signing.

All of this is not lost on Chris Jericho, but the subterfuge makes him unable to prove anything or retaliate. But for those of us with any sense, the plan was obvious from the start.

Jericho now sulks, like Achilles in his tent. Only time will tell if the punishment of SG inevitably being extended has an effect on Jericho similar to the effect that Patroclus' death had on Achilles.

If so, Punk best be careful. Jericho has eyes, ears, and hands everywhere.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I am baffled on this suspension. I mean he should have been able to tell something was off but not his job to stop the match.

People come up with some stuff don't they. He did sensitive training or something already and served a suspension for his comments towards Mercedes and I think he even reached out and apologized. Hadn't heard anything about Kiera Hogan. I might have to see I can figure out what that is all about.

And yeah why not lets blame Punk.
    I don't remember the details but I think Sasha and Kiera had some distant beef because one called the other out for ripping off their style or something like that. Don't really remember the details.

I gotta imagine there are some details about Sammy we aren't hearing because yeah, him being suspended for something that is more on the ref and Jeff is odd.

In more positive news, Revolution was killer. All-Star Scramble was sort of fun but a mess, and Storm/Purazzo, OC/Strong, and Christian/Garcia were all meh to good in that order, but the rest was bangin'. Definitely found myself getting a little emotional during the end of Sting & Darby vs. The Bucks.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember the details but I think Sasha and Kiera had some distant beef because one called the other out for ripping off their style or something like that. Don't really remember the details.

I gotta imagine there are some details about Sammy we aren't hearing because yeah, him being suspended for something that is more on the ref and Jeff is odd.

In more positive news, Revolution was killer. All-Star Scramble was sort of fun but a mess, and Storm/Purazzo, OC/Strong, and Christian/Garcia were all meh to good in that order, but the rest was bangin'. Definitely found myself getting a little emotional during the end of Sting & Darby vs. The Bucks.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just saw the reason behind the suspension is because he was told to just pin Jeff and he did his finisher first. If that is true then that is on Sammy. If you are told to pin him to finish the match then just do that. If you do more to a guy clearly hurt after told to pin him then that is on you.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw the reason behind the suspension is because he was told to just pin Jeff and he did his finisher first. If that is true then that is on Sammy. If you are told to pin him to finish the match then just do that. If you do more to a guy clearly hurt after told to pin him then that is on you.
    That's what they want you to believe.

Also, I've definitely seen times where the was a quick finisher and cover to get people out. It still seems like an interesting thing, in the heat of the moment and on the fly, to suspend over.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's what they want you to believe.

Also, I've definitely seen times where the was a quick finisher and cover to get people out. It still seems like an interesting thing, in the heat of the moment and on the fly, to suspend over.
    It does clarify things though because the reports were he didn't follow protocals and hit his finisher but as far as any of us knew nothing was said to him which made it weird to say he didn't follow protocals when the ref let the match continue. If he did ignore the ref and did then I can see a suspension. any other person and it is probably not a suspension and its hey that was very bad don't do it again.

I mean I know that sometimes when someone is hurt you will see someone do a quick finisher or another move to end it but in this case they were worried about a concussion so I can see them not wanting to do anything else especially since he was already laid out. Just pin him.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    When mozley was concussed, didn't the other guy do his finisher twice more before pinning him

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does clarify things though because the reports were he didn't follow protocals and hit his finisher but as far as any of us knew nothing was said to him which made it weird to say he didn't follow protocals when the ref let the match continue. If he did ignore the ref and did then I can see a suspension. any other person and it is probably not a suspension and its hey that was very bad don't do it again.

I mean I know that sometimes when someone is hurt you will see someone do a quick finisher or another move to end it but in this case they were worried about a concussion so I can see them not wanting to do anything else especially since he was already laid out. Just pin him.

If they didn't get rid of CM Punk, it just could have been handled backstage.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know though, just never heard of one like this. You'd really have to feel it was an explicit decision to ignore clear instructions, not just a boneheaded moment.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heel Okada was a development I didn't see coming until he came out in a suit, but it's pretty bold and fresh, and I'm definitely down to see Okada and the Bucks as cock-headed money bros running shit.

Depending on plans for the world title, him immediately grabbing the Continental Crown from Eddie after that match with Bryan could be really awesome, and naturally sets up a rubber match with Bryan down the line.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't see him being a heel to start but I like it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okada was there 5 minutes and already

I'm one of the most patient wrestling fans alive but holy fuck....I'm scared for Mercedes. Not that I expect her to physically last longer than a month but wow....It's not even about Okada being a heel which is weird considering the other Japanese guy is also a heel but hey Tony grew up in the same eras as I did so we know how his idols in WCW treated the Japanese lol.

Right now the only cool thing going for AEW, and this isn't even that cool, but Joe v. Swerve. I'm not high on the fact that the majority of AEW/ROH champions seem to be in their 40's (could be wrong) but at least it's Joe and not some other asshole.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So what if Takeshita is a heel already. That means Okada can't be a heel?

Okada being heel is a nice swerve and pairing him with the his good friends the Bucks makes sense and works. Like Psycho said the three of them running around cock headed money bros running the place is going to be something to watch. I don't see this as a fumble what so ever. Looks like he is going to go after the triple crown and get that off of Eddie and probably like Psycho said set up another match with Danielson. This is going to be fun.

As far as Mercedes. We will have to just wait and see.

Lets see AEW champions wise yeah Joe, Strong, Christian, Eddie and Gunn are on the 40 + side but Toni, Julia, the Acclaimed on the younger side. I am okay with the currently line up.

Only ROH champ 40 or over is Eddie. The Kingdom are late 30's but rest of young. So that set is on the younger side. Again I am okay with the currently line up.

Definitely people I want to see get runs with titles like Swerve but I okay with things. Younger guys will get shots. Just keep Jericho away from titles at this point.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what if Takeshita is a heel already. That means Okada can't be a heel?

Okada being heel is a nice swerve and pairing him with the his good friends the Bucks makes sense and works. Like Psycho said the three of them running around cock headed money bros running the place is going to be something to watch. I don't see this as a fumble what so ever. Looks like he is going to go after the triple crown and get that off of Eddie and probably like Psycho said set up another match with Danielson. This is going to be fun.

As far as Mercedes. We will have to just wait and see.

Lets see AEW champions wise yeah Joe, Strong, Christian, Eddie and Gunn are on the 40 + side but Toni, Julia, the Acclaimed on the younger side. I am okay with the currently line up.

Only ROH champ 40 or over is Eddie. The Kingdom are late 30's but rest of young. So that set is on the younger side. Again I am okay with the currently line up.

Definitely people I want to see get runs with titles like Swerve but I okay with things. Younger guys will get shots. Just keep Jericho away from titles at this point.
    It means that you have 2 Japanese male wrestlers on your roster and both are heels like this is 1985 lol

It's cool that he's heel, it's 1000% lame that he's in a stable, and with the Young Bucks, and he's beating down fucking Eddie Kingston lol. So basically the only thing cool so far is "Okada's a heel!" Wow. That was genius.

Don't forget Billy Gunn is 60 and he's part of the Acclaimed so nice try So yeah "let's see" while you prove my point that the majority of champions under Tony Khan's umbrella are north of 40. Kingdom are both turning 39 year this year so they're close. You're right, most of the ROH champions are young. I just don't see why we have so many old dudes as champions. We just had a 65 year old retire as tag champ and I'm sure the next tag champs will be like Edge/Christian after this blood feud ends in Toronto. I don't see too many tag teams over 40 so who knows maybe they'll bring back the Rock N Roll Express or something you never know!

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Again so fucking what that both Japanese guys are heel. You are looking at that way too hard.

He is working with this friends the Bucks. He is already the Rainmaker with the whole money thing anyway so being part of the Elite who are running things is not really a bad thing. I am Kingston fan unlike you so don't mind seeing that and he is probably going to take the titles off him and set up some other feuds. Stop being a Debbie Downer and see how it plays out.

And I said Gunn was on the 40+ side when I listed champs and didn't include him as part of the Acclaimed. So nice try. Again I am fine with the current line up of champs. I am loving Christians run right now and I am happy to see Joe get a chance. Strong is 40 but honestly don't expect him to hold on that super long. Again wouldn't be surprised to see Eddie his stuff to Okada. Sting was like tag champ for like what less than a month with a young Darby. That was fine and the tag titles will going back to people on the younger side. So good chance that we see things change to younger champs. Honestly not worried about the average age of the champs right now.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    One more thing Shibata and Ibushi are also on the roster even if part time and are faces so not all the Japanese men are heel.

Also 3 out of the 4 Japanese women are faces so there is that too...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again so fucking what that both Japanese guys are heel. You are looking at that way too hard.

He is working with this friends the Bucks. He is already the Rainmaker with the whole money thing anyway so being part of the Elite who are running things is not really a bad thing. I am Kingston fan unlike you so don't mind seeing that and he is probably going to take the titles off him and set up some other feuds. Stop being a Debbie Downer and see how it plays out.

And I said Gunn was on the 40+ side when I listed champs and didn't include him as part of the Acclaimed. So nice try. Again I am fine with the current line up of champs. I am loving Christians run right now and I am happy to see Joe get a chance. Strong is 40 but honestly don't expect him to hold on that super long. Again wouldn't be surprised to see Eddie his stuff to Okada. Sting was like tag champ for like what less than a month with a young Darby. That was fine and the tag titles will going back to people on the younger side. So good chance that we see things change to younger champs. Honestly not worried about the average age of the champs right now.
    For starters, calm down with this over the top reaction. You act this way in person? Doubtful.

Second-I can react however I want about Okada. There are some things you don't need to wait and see. I don't care what he does right now because I'm not a fan of anyone he's associated with right now and nothing, not even your weird over the top reaction is going to do jack shit about it lol.

You did mention Gunn I missed that.

The weird part is you're responding, knowing full well we disagree so why put yourself in a situation where you just come across like an AEW asskisser? It's ok to not like everything AEW puts out there. I don't care what you do or don't like but damn...I had no idea you were this offended by what I said. Holy shit lol

One more thing Shibata and Ibushi are also on the roster even if part time and are faces so not all the Japanese men are heel.

Also 3 out of the 4 Japanese women are faces so there is that too...
    Are we talking about the Japanese women?

I forgot Shibata was even part of this company but I remembered, that's right, he's in ROH, a company I forget even exists 99% of the time. Where's Ibushi? Crippled. But I'm glad he's still a face for now. We'll see once he comes back from snapped ankles where he sits.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    At least they don't have a Yokozuna on the roster.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    At least they don't have a Yokozuna on the roster.
    It's too bad because imagine that fuckin guy doing a 450 to the outside through a sheet of tempered glass while Don Callis 69s Kenny Omega through a flaming table.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    For starters, calm down with this over the top reaction. You act this way in person? Doubtful.

Second-I can react however I want about Okada. There are some things you don't need to wait and see. I don't care what he does right now because I'm not a fan of anyone he's associated with right now and nothing, not even your weird over the top reaction is going to do jack shit about it lol.

You did mention Gunn I missed that.

The weird part is you're responding, knowing full well we disagree so why put yourself in a situation where you just come across like an AEW asskisser? It's ok to not like everything AEW puts out there. I don't care what you do or don't like but damn...I had no idea you were this offended by what I said. Holy shit lol

Are we talking about the Japanese women?

I forgot Shibata was even part of this company but I remembered, that's right, he's in ROH, a company I forget even exists 99% of the time. Where's Ibushi? Crippled. But I'm glad he's still a face for now. We'll see once he comes back from snapped ankles where he sits.

I was waiting for you to call me an AEW ass kisser. You can react however you want and since you put it out there I can react to your reaction. That is how things work around here. I am just tired of you being such a debbie downer when it comes to things on AEW. Do they fumble the ball at times? Sure they do. I shared my complaints about things before. But man you are quick to complain and then call people AEW marks or ass kissers or whatever when we say we like various things.

Look I get that you don't like the Bucks but premature to say they are fumbling the ball with Okada because he is working with people that you don't like on various levels. Just say you are not a fan of him being a heel and not liking him being with the Bucks instead of saying they are fumbling the ball with him. We don't know if this is a fumble yet.

You were talking about how Tony has the Japanese men all being heel and how that is like an 80's thing. Just wanted to point out they are not all heel. Also wanted to point out that if you going to talk about the Japanese men all being hell and a bad thing wanted to include the rest of the Japanese people on the roster and show they are not all heel.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if they're confident in Omega being back for Wembley? Joe vs. Ospreay for the World title, Hangman vs. Swerve final battle, MJF vs. Cole, Omega vs. Okada, maybe Danielson vs. Moxley after a heel turn, Storm vs. Mone for the women's title, PAC challenging for a midcard title etc, could be a wild card.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're making a mistake if they don't crown Swerve by Double or Nothing. I love Joe, think he's been doing great work, and would love to see him ride 9 months with the belt, but I think you capitalize on Swerve now, and do Swerve/Ospreay at Wembley.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swerve/Ospreay at Wembley, just the thought of that gives me goosebumps.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think they're making a mistake if they don't crown Swerve by Double or Nothing. I love Joe, think he's been doing great work, and would love to see him ride 9 months with the belt, but I think you capitalize on Swerve now, and do Swerve/Ospreay at Wembley.
    I am with you. As much as I want Joe to hold on for a while I think they need to move to Swerve sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like Okada moving to US to be fulltime and is making a huge amount of money

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was waiting for you to call me an AEW ass kisser. You can react however you want and since you put it out there I can react to your reaction. That is how things work around here. I am just tired of you being such a debbie downer when it comes to things on AEW. Do they fumble the ball at times? Sure they do. I shared my complaints about things before. But man you are quick to complain and then call people AEW marks or ass kissers or whatever when we say we like various things.

Look I get that you don't like the Bucks but premature to say they are fumbling the ball with Okada because he is working with people that you don't like on various levels. Just say you are not a fan of him being a heel and not liking him being with the Bucks instead of saying they are fumbling the ball with him. We don't know if this is a fumble yet.

You were talking about how Tony has the Japanese men all being heel and how that is like an 80's thing. Just wanted to point out they are not all heel. Also wanted to point out that if you going to talk about the Japanese men all being hell and a bad thing wanted to include the rest of the Japanese people on the roster and show they are not all heel.
    I flat out said that it wasn't even about him being a heel which is weird. This guy should be a top babyface so they were kinda fumbling the ball and then he joins the Young Bucks AND working something with Eddie Kingston. in my head I have a pro's and con's of him being there and the talent/booking he'd be involved in. So far so good on the cons side of things.

They wanted him to go the heel route why not come in and finish what he started with Danielson? Why not mix it up with the top guy in AEW he hasn't worked with-Jon Moxley? Again I would've had him come in as a babyface but I don't book like Vince Russo fucked John Zandig.

Feels like the Young Bucks are basically taking a page out of Jericho's book. They came back and nobody really cared other than the sheep who feel obligated to praise them. The fans literally turn the channel when they come on so yeah let's turn super babyface Okada heel so the Young Bucks can feel important. We get to listen to their awesome skills and infatuation with CM Punk even more. 2 sweet.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's such an influx of talent with AEW that you have to strike now with Swerve before people lose interest. He's someone I think about how if Triple H had been in charge when they got called up prematurely Swerve would be in a completely different spot. Not necessarily on the card but just in general. I'll be honest I don't think I've given a shit about Swerve until 5-6 months ago and even then I was still like...man this is some corny stuff with him going to Hangman's house I've never liked that stuff in wrestling it was dumb other than Pillman/Austin with the gun lol.

Joe has been a nice transitional champion as I feel like he diverted the obvious-Cole, had he not been injured, was winning that damn title. So thanks to MJF and Cole for being hurt. Joe gets a World title run in th twilight of his career and Swerve can beat a beast. If they were really about making Swerve he'd get a year long run. Show us that you're not just about pushing former top guys from other companies, some that have been dead 23 years lol. Swerve could be to AEW what AJ Styles was to TNA.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I flat out said that it wasn't even about him being a heel which is weird. This guy should be a top babyface so they were kinda fumbling the ball and then he joins the Young Bucks AND working something with Eddie Kingston. in my head I have a pro's and con's of him being there and the talent/booking he'd be involved in. So far so good on the cons side of things.

They wanted him to go the heel route why not come in and finish what he started with Danielson? Why not mix it up with the top guy in AEW he hasn't worked with-Jon Moxley? Again I would've had him come in as a babyface but I don't book like Vince Russo fucked John Zandig.

Feels like the Young Bucks are basically taking a page out of Jericho's book. They came back and nobody really cared other than the sheep who feel obligated to praise them. The fans literally turn the channel when they come on so yeah let's turn super babyface Okada heel so the Young Bucks can feel important. We get to listen to their awesome skills and infatuation with CM Punk even more. 2 sweet.
    They can still do Okada/Danielson. Especially if Okada is going after Kingston's titles. He can beat Kingston and then Danielson can come after him. I am sure we will get Okada and Moxley. Don't have to go for that right off the bat. Like I wanted Ospreay and Danielson but we didn't have to for that right away but looks like we are. Like he doesn't need to be a big babyface to do those matches. Especially since Moxley and Danielson basically go back and forth depending on who they are facing. I am sure at some point Moxley is going to call Okada out.

I think you are letting your hatred for the Bucks color your opinion on what they are doing with Okada. Clearly we are not on the same page and that is fine. I think it is way to early to say that they have fumbled Okada though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    I wonder if they're confident in Omega being back for Wembley? Joe vs. Ospreay for the World title, Hangman vs. Swerve final battle, MJF vs. Cole, Omega vs. Okada, maybe Danielson vs. Moxley after a heel turn, Storm vs. Mone for the women's title, PAC challenging for a midcard title etc, could be a wild card.
    It's under the AEW banner regardless, but I feel like some of the appeal of getting another Omega/Okada would have it being on American soil after it being in Japan previously. Could be wrong, though.