Results 15,401 to 15,417 of 15417

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I am a Ruby fan. I don't think she sucks. Is she like top tier or anything no. But no reason she couldn't be the TBS champion or something at some point. Fans get behind her when she is on a face run. I hated how she basically got brought in to put over Britt to start and then Jade and then others.
    This is fair.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In WWE I felt like she should have gotten a tag title run with Liv. I know she got a title shot against someone at some point but WWE never really built her up as a singles.

AEW she came in and the fans were behind her and then she jobbed to Britt. They build her up a bit and give her a good story to make a run to crown the first TBS champ and jobbed to Jade. At least at times they would build her up to just job her out to the person they really wanted to push. I liked the heel turn to go with Outsiders but then back to just fucking putting people over again. Guess that is her role.
    AEW's problem is common in wrestling-too many wrestlers miscast and/or working with a bad script. Samuel L Jackson is my favorite actor but he's been in some shit you can't make good. You'll see it all the time in wrestling where someone should be the heel but they're the babyface and on top of that the premise of the feud sucks too. She's what you hear people call a great utility worker. A good hand. She's someone I could have seen as a WWE champion, definitely AEW or TNA as the top female or one of. WWE it's a little harder because you have 10-15 women who are extremely good and established to a point where someone like Ruby it's just bad timing. Again, definitely should've had a tag title run with Liv especially during that time where they pretty much had no actual tag-teams besides them.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    AEW's problem is common in wrestling-too many wrestlers miscast and/or working with a bad script. Samuel L Jackson is my favorite actor but he's been in some shit you can't make good. You'll see it all the time in wrestling where someone should be the heel but they're the babyface and on top of that the premise of the feud sucks too. She's what you hear people call a great utility worker. A good hand. She's someone I could have seen as a WWE champion, definitely AEW or TNA as the top female or one of. WWE it's a little harder because you have 10-15 women who are extremely good and established to a point where someone like Ruby it's just bad timing. Again, definitely should've had a tag title run with Liv especially during that time where they pretty much had no actual tag-teams besides them.
    Very good points no doubt about it. Especially breaking the glass ceiling in WWE.

Utility players as important as they are and they have been many throughout the years at least generally get some recognition with a championship. Maybe very extreme example with this one but even David Arquette who most of this board could probably outwrestle is in the record books as a World Champion. Slightly less extreme second example but the Mean Street Posse (guilty pleasure love those guys) are officially recognised as being Hardcore Champions even if it was like 10-15 seconds a piece yet Ruby as of yet has nothing even if maybe being a bit Soso. @Donald (have a cheap pop Foley thumbs up). Won titles in other promotions but not the ones that really matter.

I wouldnÂ’t even say a black mark/blotch on the record books but just get her on the record book which at the same time could be a great storyline in itself.
    Last edited by Badger; February 8th, 2024 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just catching up on Dynamite and saw the tactics Claudio used for BCC to beat the Luchadores.

This is kinda Da Party/UUDD but not a bonehead play…Swiss would say “An honest mistake.”

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the Hangman/Swerve double turn. Makes sense with crowd reaction and is an interesting path for Hangman to take. Won't be too fussed if the triple threat delays Swerve getting the belt until Double or Nothing, but don't think it should drag past that.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I did the Hangman/Swerve double turn. Makes sense with crowd reaction and is an interesting path for Hangman to take. Won't be too fussed if the triple threat delays Swerve getting the belt until Double or Nothing, but don't think it should drag past that.
    Indeed that was very well executed.

Especially considering Swerve not that long ago broke into (well when I say broke the door was unlocked lol) into Hangman’s home and fans still loved him.

Hangman saying “nah” to five more minutes possibly has sealed the double turn when some fans may have still been on the fence.

There are definitely Bret/Austin vibes here. Probably Khan obsessing yet again over past WWE yet before his product was to be the alternative lol.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also lovely they gave Sting/Darby the belts and the Young Bucks attack afterwards.

That match will be as The Mask would say…..smoooookin’!

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Very good points no doubt about it. Especially breaking the glass ceiling in WWE.

Utility players as important as they are and they have been many throughout the years at least generally get some recognition with a championship. Maybe very extreme example with this one but even David Arquette who most of this board could probably outwrestle is in the record books as a World Champion. Slightly less extreme second example but the Mean Street Posse (guilty pleasure love those guys) are officially recognised as being Hardcore Champions even if it was like 10-15 seconds a piece yet Ruby as of yet has nothing even if maybe being a bit Soso. @Donald (have a cheap pop Foley thumbs up). Won titles in other promotions but not the ones that really matter.

I wouldnÂ’t even say a black mark/blotch on the record books but just get her on the record book which at the same time could be a great storyline in itself.
    It’s always going to be more difficult for the women wrestlers due to time limitations, when you have so many people vying for a spot but only one match per card. Maybe they should turn Collision into a purely women’s show.

I would give myself an A+ VoteTrump24's Avatar
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    Maybe they should turn Collision into a purely women’s show.
    That would be cool.

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Also lovely they gave Sting/Darby the belts and the Young Bucks attack afterwards.

That match will be as The Mask would say…..smoooookin’!
    At first I wasn't really into The Bucks getting the belts again, but after their appearances this week and that beat down, I think I'm ready for this new heel side of the Bucks to get one last big run before hopefully fading into the background

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    It’s always going to be more difficult for the women wrestlers due to time limitations, when you have so many people vying for a spot but only one match per card. Maybe they should turn Collision into a purely women’s show.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    At first I wasn't really into The Bucks getting the belts again, but after their appearances this week and that beat down, I think I'm ready for this new heel side of the Bucks to get one last big run before hopefully fading into the background
    Yeah can’t wait.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a post yesterday or today on Twitter I was trying to find it again to share it but I was failing lol. But the post had 4 pics: Omega, Danielson, Ospreay, and Okada. The comment was something along the lines of AEW now has the best roster of all time. "All time" was comical but I will manipulate the comment and ask this: With those 4, does AEW have the best roster today? Drawing power aside as we know WWE has that locked down, nobody has the star power that WWE has not just full time but on speed dial: The Rock, Stone Cold, John Cena, Dave Bautista, The Undertaker, ffs even that bastard Hulk Hogan. We're not even going to get into the likes of HBK, Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, etc.

I mean...it's not a bullshit argument to make imo that when it comes down to match quality, with the addition of Okada...And I know we tend to forget the women we talk about great rosters so we can include them as well which IMHO makes WWE's roster, in terms of in-ring quality the best it's been ever. Take out the women you still have to contend with that 1999-2007/8 stretch of incredible matches we saw.

AEW impresses me with the cache of talent at their disposal. I'm someone who has been able to remain a wrestling fan by cycling old and new AND not solely needing a storyline or solely needing a 5 star performance. It's like music. I can watch a band of any style perform live I'm impressed by the band or the singer's stage presence, probably why I don't listen to a lot of modern rap music because it's just rappers rapping with their sister's clothes on, not really engaging like the cats from the old days.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AEW has some great talent for sure. No argument. Add in the fact that they are willing to work with other companies they have a lot of people they can bring in. Like you said drawing power and what not WWE has that locked down. We see the gate numbers recently that just prove that. I think part of what I like about AEW is the fact that there is a lot of talent there and that can just also come in and work for a bit. We get to see a lot of great matches. Does AEW have its problems? Sure but talent is not an issue.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW has some great talent for sure. No argument. Add in the fact that they are willing to work with other companies they have a lot of people they can bring in. Like you said drawing power and what not WWE has that locked down. We see the gate numbers recently that just prove that. I think part of what I like about AEW is the fact that there is a lot of talent there and that can just also come in and work for a bit. We get to see a lot of great matches. Does AEW have its problems? Sure but talent is not an issue.
    Exactly. Honestly it's what kind of bugs me when people try to say AEW is so different and they saved wrestling blah blah blah. No, they're no different than TNA, ROH, NJPW, the list goes on they just have way more fuckin money. WWE are the outcasts, they are more storyline driven while incorporating great wrestling but they want everything to make sense from a story perspective-good or bad-as opposed to banking on having a 5 star match between Bronson Reed and Ivar or whatever the fuck. I don't think we'll ever have a company that delivers great wrestling and great stories more often than not, one will always suffer more than the other. AEW gives us another promotion where they'll bring in different talent from other places and for the most part the matches are good, very few are truly dogshit.

Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VoteTrump24 View Post
    That would be cool.
    I waiver between "It would be different, and unique, Might be worth a shot" and "They have very little idea how to book their women. Separating them from stables may make it worse"

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might bag on AEW for how terrible they've booked most of the women but let's be honest, it took WWE like 45 years to get it somewhat right lol. What annoys me though is when I hear people talk about once Tony signs this female the women's division will get better. From a roster standpoint sure, but they act like it's a cure. Sasha Banks coming to AEW for example, that's not a cure that's simply someone with a ton of name value in comparison to 90% of the roster male or female, but that's about it. She's very injury prone, she's kinda sloppy it's almost like watching a modern day Lita. Everyone who AEW signs is this game changer. I also did get why some fans of AEW harp on the WWE for not signing talent that wind up in AEW like I thought the idea was to prevent this imaginary monopoly WWE have apparently had where nobody for 23 years has been able to get a job lol.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The only talent issue they have is they have too much under contract.