Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Who the Devil was makes sense.
    Well yes, and then you realise:
    He helped himself lose the ROH tag titles
    He helped someone not affiliated with the group win the world title

It's not particularly funny, but consider Guevara was brought back to give Jericho an ally with Omega out, and now Jericho may be off TV for a while...
    Last edited by Dreyski; December 31st, 2023 at 9:38 PM.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    They announced that the belts in the CC would still be able to be defended separately.

Way to devalue the whole tournament.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post

It's not particularly funny, but consider Guevara was brought back to give Jericho an ally with Omega out, and now Jericho may be off TV for a while...
    why would cole care about the tag titles if the end game is absolutely screwing max. he helped his buddies becomes the tag champs because he's above that.

cole couldn't beat max. he has beaten samoa joe. he'd probably be delusional enough to think he could do it again, for the title.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Similar to what Morri just said, yeah his end game was to screw with Max was achieved and the ROH titles were for Kingdom.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cole’s also got Wardlow for back-up against Joe too should he challenge him. Adds to his confidence.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    People are bringing up why Cole didn't screw over MJF with Jay White and I have a few reasons. One, Joe made a deal with the devil, Jay didn't. What that deal is, we don't know, but I would assume Joe's title reign is not going the Roman Reigns distance. Two, Cole waited til MJF was dumb enough to trust someone other than Cole to defend the ROH titles. The ROH titles go on ROH guys and Cole already threw the ROH titles away at Wembley when he lost to MJF. The ROH titles don't mean that much to Cole as he wants MJF and the fans believe. Third, Cole has not been shown that Bullet Club Gold is his Bullet Club. Cole, the Bucks, Page and even Omega have not really shown they like this splinter gourp of their own. I believe they view Bullet Club Gold has inferior to their Bullet Club. Cole has not been in the biggest Jay White guy either, so he was ok trying to help MJF, because he doesn't like Jay and his kindergarten version of Bullet Club.

Wendy is 63, but I still want to see her and Toni fight in an 80s vs 40s match up. Just a total crazy Rock N Wrestling with ECW shenigans. I know it would be dumb, but I think it would be fun. Also, it can't be any worse than Stalander/Willow and I love those girls, but yeesh that match.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Joe as World champion, just not as the guy who ended MJF's streak. It would be like if Kane beat Daniel Bryan after Mania 30 where he just ripped through Evolution. The reveal was predictable.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I like Joe as World champion, just not as the guy who ended MJF's streak. It would be like if Kane beat Daniel Bryan after Mania 30 where he just ripped through Evolution. The reveal was predictable.
    Tbf, I would rather Kane beat Daniel than what happened in real life of Bryan handing the title to Stephanie who was happy that his career was possibly over.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Cole has Wardlow in group, but he wanted Joe to win the title, not Wardlow or anyone else.

Because it's easier to take the title off Joe then Max? Not screw over Max in any of the promised rematches? I've been pro-Cole/UE as much as anyone here, but I dunno fellas. Bit of a logical roller coaster isn't it?

So now the ColeDevils screw Joe take the belt, and feud with Max returning in a few weeks/months?

Alright then. Let's see how it goes.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Cole has Wardlow in group, but he wanted Joe to win the title, not Wardlow or anyone else.

Because it's easier to take the title off Joe then Max? Not screw over Max in any of the promised rematches? I've been pro-Cole/UE as much as anyone here, but I dunno fellas. Bit of a logical roller coaster isn't it?

So now the ColeDevils screw Joe take the belt, and feud with Max returning in a few weeks/months?

Alright then. Let's see how it goes.
    I get what you’re saying but I think the simple answer is…he wanted to fuck with Max moreso than becoming champ himself.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna lie either…good old sweet Adam “Chugs” Cole playing a cult leader is entertaining in itself lol.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Max is all about the belt, it’s his life and Cole snatched it away from him indirectly or not, it was a middle finger to Max many months in the making.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I get what you’re saying but I think the simple answer is…he wanted to fuck with Max moreso than becoming champ himself.
    I get your optimism. I always hope for entertaining tv, and that things work out better when I'm skeptical. And maybe it ultimately won't matter as talented performers might make the Pieta out of play-doh.

But if it's more about fucking with Max....Then why does Joe make sense still?

Max has not much significant history with him. If it's not about he person, Jey White had a whole group. And wouldn't Wardlow, who basically squashed Max in their last match be a much more logical fucking with?

Just feels really shorehorned, and another example of a locked in final moment with little logical consistency from start to finish.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get your optimism. I always hope for entertaining tv, and that things work out better when I'm skeptical. And maybe it ultimately won't matter as talented performers might make the Pieta out of play-doh.

Max has not much significant history with him. If it's not about he person, Jey White had a whole group. And wouldn't Wardlow, who basically squashed Max in their last match be a much more logical fucking with?

Just feels really shorehorned, and another example of a locked in final moment with little logical consistency from start to finish.
    Yeah I get it, but we shall indeed see. Hopefully this does come good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the question that needs answered: What did MJF do to Adam Cole that required all of this nonsense? Especially if it wasn't about the World title. If it's not about the World title it's extremely personal.

I also wonder if MJF and Cole being hurt fucked up the plans. I imagine they wanted them to wrestle and Cole wins the World title. Samoa Joe, as Mazer said, feels shoehorned especially when you had fucking Wardlow part of this.

Fantasy booking time: Everything with Joe should've been with Wardlow. I would've had Wardlow somehow convince MJF that time heals all wounds, he sees MJF is possibly a changed man and they should try to kick everyone's ass together. That way, when the time came to turn on MJF it would've been a bigger swerve with Wardlow. Then you have Wardlow get the title but when Cole is healthy, he fucks over Wardlow since everyone else in the stable is a true Cole homeboy. You have The Kingdom and the Undisputed Era tie in with the other 3, where does Wardlow fit in? He doesn't. This was panic booking but we've seen it countless times from all promotions. I'm sure when Cody got hurt last year it fucked up plans the WWE had in place and they had to scramble.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the question that needs answered: What did MJF do to Adam Cole that required all of this nonsense? Especially if it wasn't about the World title. If it's not about the World title it's extremely personal.

I also wonder if MJF and Cole being hurt fucked up the plans. I imagine they wanted them to wrestle and Cole wins the World title. Samoa Joe, as Mazer said, feels shoehorned especially when you had fucking Wardlow part of this.

Fantasy booking time: Everything with Joe should've been with Wardlow. I would've had Wardlow somehow convince MJF that time heals all wounds, he sees MJF is possibly a changed man and they should try to kick everyone's ass together. That way, when the time came to turn on MJF it would've been a bigger swerve with Wardlow. Then you have Wardlow get the title but when Cole is healthy, he fucks over Wardlow since everyone else in the stable is a true Cole homeboy. You have The Kingdom and the Undisputed Era tie in with the other 3, where does Wardlow fit in? He doesn't. This was panic booking but we've seen it countless times from all promotions. I'm sure when Cody got hurt last year it fucked up plans the WWE had in place and they had to scramble.
    My best guess is just pure frustration on Cole’s part he couldn’t get the better of him so he went into Machiavellian mode.

The fact that it is Cole in that mode is just amusing to me personally because it’s so not like him lol.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s like the real life guy who can’t remember what colour he’s on/multiple bonehead plays on Uno playing a criminal mastermind lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My best guess is just pure frustration on Cole’s part he couldn’t get the better of him so he went into Machiavellian mode.

The fact that it is Cole in that mode is just amusing to me personally because it’s so not like him lol.
    That's what I'm thinking. He's injured, he couldn't get the job done himself so he had someone else do it. Problem is for me, it was a guy MJF already beat and me personally I wasn't really excited at all for this ppv especially Joe v. MJF. Like I said, this should be Wardlow's spot because honestly, Wardlow being with Cole and not the guy to take out MJF makes his status with the crew even more pointless. What is his role? And now with MJF being on the shelf for God knows how long (shoulder injuries can be anywhere from 2 months out to a full year depending on the severity) I question it even more.

This isn't even something where we need to "wait and see" because it's been dragging on for way too long as it is. The MJF babyface run was terrible. AEW as a whole is very hard to watch. It's either old dudes from WWE stealing the show (edge/christian) or Toni Storm talking about taking 20 shits before a match and babyface MJF.

And don't even get me started on what they're doing with Swerve. JFC. Eddie Kingston does the same promo, the same match, every week, and he's the guy they shower with gold. Swerve gets put in some rando Keith Lee match and then, in typical TNA I mean AEW fashion he's not even medically cleared so you slide in Black Reign I mean Dustin Rhodes last second.....

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like i said, cole has beaten joe clean before. cole would never want jay white, who basically treats him like his young boy, to be the one benefitting from screwing max over. he wasn't gonna hurt max if it meant it'd bruise his own pride and ego.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a storyline where they're going to pull out a bunch of random shit that's happened to make it make sense because if they don't it'll be even worse and the AEW apologists will never stop defending this result.

Didn't MJF beat Joe a couple months back due to Adam Cole's help? Submission loss too right? So why would Joe be the go-to guy? Why would Joe want to fuck with Cole in the first place knowing even if Cole promised him a World title victory is Joe that stupid to think Cole wouldn't have something in place to fuck Joe as well? Is Joe the Andre in this situation and he's going to gift Bay Bay with the belt on Dynamite?

Sometimes we as fans want these long ass stories to make sense with the revelation but in this case, we'll need more info. I don't need another 2-3 months of wondering why AEW thought 45 year old Samoa Joe who isn't reliable physically was the guy to dethrone MJF? It'd be like if they had Sheamus beat Roman at Mania 40.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This feels like a rohrshach test at this point. Look at the inkblot that is the booking of this conclusion, and tell me what you think this looks like.

I'm not sure, that given Jay White has allied with Cole previously, that it was the most impossible thing for him to be booked into this. It would just need to reference multiple past points.

And definitely someone like Wardlow, White, could have benefitted from that push. And made some sense

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least we don’t have Danhausen trying to curse the Devil yet…

Probably coming to a Rampage/Collision near you though.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least we don’t have Danhausen trying to curse the Devil yet…

Probably coming to a Rampage/Collision near you though.
    That's true. The Devil was not HOOKTM, Eddie Kingston, or Danhausen. It could have been worse for your old friend Mazer.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's true. The Devil was not HOOKTM, Eddie Kingston, or Danhausen. It could have been worse for your old friend Mazer.
    Indeed….would’ve had to consider life support if you had to see that.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This feels like a rohrshach test at this point. Look at the inkblot that is the booking of this conclusion, and tell me what you think this looks like.

I'm not sure, that given Jay White has allied with Cole previously, that it was the most impossible thing for him to be booked into this. It would just need to reference multiple past points.

And definitely someone like Wardlow, White, could have benefitted from that push. And made some sense
    wardlow would make sense and probably fit better in that it'd be more personal to max and thus 'hurt' more.

jay and cole were portrayed less as real friends/allies and moreso as two-faced and using each other, especially jay. he was iwgp champ and didn't act like cole was on level at all.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone who is disappointed with the full lineup more than the Cole reveal, it's worth noting Jay White denied Cole a shot at the IWGP title for the first Forbidden Door. And Cole is a vindictive dude.

I don't fully get why Cole would choose Joe even with the history of beating him. That's the biggest hole I have because I can buy that he wanted to give the tag titles to the Kingdom. I'm willing to give it until Cole's explanation (if it comes) before I fully judge it. I do kind of wonder if the execution has something to do with Cole being injured. I could see where the original intention was for Cole to win the title along with the reveal. Eh.

Honestly my main complaint is the lineup. I'll accept Roddy because he's one of Cole's besties and can at least churn out bangers. But I do not and have not ever given a fuck about The Kingdom. Bennet is meh and Taven is just annoying to me and I don't have any interest in seeing them in the spotlight. Wardlow is cool, but I wish there was someone else in there that I care about.

I was honestly distracted for most of the PPV so it's hard for me to judge all of the matches quality. Willow/Statlander was good, and I liked the C2 8-man. Storm/Riho and Hart/Abandon were fine if not a bit disappointing. The Jericho 8-man was obviously distracted. The finish to Miro/Andrade was meh and I was super distracted during Swerve/Dustin but Swerve looked to make the most of it.

The main events all delivered for me more or less. Probably liked Mox/Kingston, MJF/Joe, and Cage/Cope in that order. I was happy with the results for the first two and felt the first one in particular was a strong finish to the C2. Joe looked great in defeating MJF regardless of how they got there and I'm happy for him. The timing might be wonky because I'd ideally like to see him with a 6-month reign, and there are younger dudes lining up to take that spot. But in the moment, it rules, and hopefully he can at least squeeze in some good defenses before the inevitable swap.

Christian getting Luchasaurus' shot is funny, and totally works for the character, but also dumb lol. I don't hate it because I'm fine with Christian continuing his reign, but it's definitely overbooked nonsense.

So yeah, it was alright with a couple good matches to keep it from being a did for me, with a mixed bag ending.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    There will be no Eddie Kingston Slander on this thread!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I thought it was very WCW like to have the Continental Championship covered over throughout the tournament for it to be revealed on the screen graphic before the final.

After the match, the title was taken out of its covering.

Probably the weakest AEW PPV in a while, but enjoyed Mox/Eddie and Copeland/Cage.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    As someone who is disappointed with the full lineup more than the Cole reveal, it's worth noting Jay White denied Cole a shot at the IWGP title for the first Forbidden Door. And Cole is a vindictive dude.

I don't fully get why Cole would choose Joe even with the history of beating him. That's the biggest hole I have because I can buy that he wanted to give the tag titles to the Kingdom. I'm willing to give it until Cole's explanation (if it comes) before I fully judge it. I do kind of wonder if the execution has something to do with Cole being injured. I could see where the original intention was for Cole to win the title along with the reveal. Eh.

Honestly my main complaint is the lineup. I'll accept Roddy because he's one of Cole's besties and can at least churn out bangers. But I do not and have not ever given a fuck about The Kingdom. Bennet is meh and Taven is just annoying to me and I don't have any interest in seeing them in the spotlight. Wardlow is cool, but I wish there was someone else in there that I care about.

I was honestly distracted for most of the PPV so it's hard for me to judge all of the matches quality. Willow/Statlander was good, and I liked the C2 8-man. Storm/Riho and Hart/Abandon were fine if not a bit disappointing. The Jericho 8-man was obviously distracted. The finish to Miro/Andrade was meh and I was super distracted during Swerve/Dustin but Swerve looked to make the most of it.

The main events all delivered for me more or less. Probably liked Mox/Kingston, MJF/Joe, and Cage/Cope in that order. I was happy with the results for the first two and felt the first one in particular was a strong finish to the C2. Joe looked great in defeating MJF regardless of how they got there and I'm happy for him. The timing might be wonky because I'd ideally like to see him with a 6-month reign, and there are younger dudes lining up to take that spot. But in the moment, it rules, and hopefully he can at least squeeze in some good defenses before the inevitable swap.

Christian getting Luchasaurus' shot is funny, and totally works for the character, but also dumb lol. I don't hate it because I'm fine with Christian continuing his reign, but it's definitely overbooked nonsense.

So yeah, it was alright with a couple good matches to keep it from being a did for me, with a mixed bag ending.
    Certainly not saying that there aren't reasons for Adam to not choose Jay. But there are plenty of reasons that could be used for reconciliation.

As you said, the comparison is with Joe. Which doesn't hit. And 100 agreement on the line-up. I also get the "why" of Roddy. I defended NXT Roddy. But the last few months have not set Roddy up to be a good choice.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are in for a long year.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think I one of the few that like him around here. lol

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit on the angsty side when it comes to promo but generally enjoy his matches.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit on the angsty side when it comes to promo but generally enjoy his matches.
    That's his charm

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen/know of Kingston, I like him.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I think I one of the few that like him around here. lol
    I love Eddie, I missed a good chunk of stadium stampede at Wembley just because I was focused on him and Claudio fighting in the stands

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Though in fairness its fecking hard to follow that match live anyway.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's his charm
    I will say the CC tourney booking did his character some good. Got brought down to earth after the first two matches so had to fight from behind. That was at least worth some angst.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    You are in for a long year.
    Well, you are in for Rude Awakening Sweathog!

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awakening? No.

The first Eddie complaint session podcast will likely have the opposite effect

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say the CC tourney booking did his character some good. Got brought down to earth after the first two matches so had to fight from behind. That was at least worth some angst.
    They booked him well

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eddie is the fucking man.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been able to take Kingston serious since day one but his whole persona became even more tough to watch when he cried about being called fat in a promo. This guy would be a perfect manager though.

UNDISPUTED KINGDOM BAY BAY. The level of creativity in AEW is mindblowing. It's so good Dave Meltzer, Tony Khan's right hand man, said that the booker of the year for 2023 should've been Triple H.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Turning Bullet Club Gold is an interesting move.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't know that it's a full blown turn.

if it is, it's not that surprising. the bang bang gang has been incredibly entertaining.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Mercedes but we got Deonna the Violinist so that's pretty cool. I've actually been watching some of her stuff on YT thanks to TNA's channel they uploaded some of her stuff that I'd never really seen before. I actually saw her live she did the job to either Asuka or Charlotte Flair on a Raw back in 2019.

Tony Khan said in a cocaine fueled rage that in 2024 we're going to see more of Danny Garcia and I'm like....We see him all the time lol. Maybe not as much as when him and the Young Bucks 2.0 were always teaming up jobbing to Sting or whoever every Friday on Rampage but he acts like the kid is never on. Garcia is someone who I was digging until he started dancing. 1 step forward, 8 steps back.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I've always loved Eddie, since he started in AEW, anyway.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    darby/takeshita could be the 2024 MOTY. what a match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    If the next 360 days don't get any better than that match we have a terrible year of wrestling ahead of us.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i don't know if i liked any match from 2023 better

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely an early frontrunner. It was a banger and made Takeshita look great.

Happy to see Purazzo in AEW. She should be massive asset and help bring both match quality and star power to the women's division. Mariah May looked solid, though doesn't feel like much to be too excited about yet.

Pretty underwhelmed by Cole's explanation for why Joe tbh. I vibe with "I wanted to destroy Max," and I think the idea that the alliance with Joe came about because Joe wanted a threat taken out works. But I don't get why Joe wanted Hangman taken out? He was nowhere near getting a title shot before Joe and wouldn't have derailed Joe's shot. Feels sloppy. I liked the consistency with White wanting a piece, though.

Swerve/Garcia was a good main event, even if the announce table botch was unfortunate. I'm definitely interested to see the intermingling of Swerve, Hangman, and Joe, even if the connection between the latter two is tenuous.

So yeah, the Undisputed Kingdom angle is meh in-house, but otherwise a good Dynamite to start the year.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    yeah i'm not at all excited about this undisputed kingdom deal. also generally meh on jay white, but we'll see if this face turn (?) invigorates him. also fired-up hangman was awesome. that short promo he cut backstage showed he still has what made him the most popular aew wrestler of 2021 in him, and i hope he gets to show it more and more, even if it comes out through a heel turn.

darby, takeshita, swerve, hobbs, eddie kingston, mark briscoe, reinvigorated adam page, these are the guys i want to see 2024 AEW increasingly built around. and christian, too, who's the best act in the business right now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't know if i liked any match from 2023 better
    Well that's pretty sad but we're not talking about 2023.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it really was phenomenal, all around. takeshita has been treading water for months now and lost a lot of the aura around him since they've basically done nothing with him since he beat omega. this match immediately turned that around. it'll definitely hold up by the end of the year.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is taking the belt off Joe? Swerve? Or will they go with a transition face champ?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough question honestly. It feels like they should capitalize on Swerve as soon as possible. Absolutely no later than Double Or Nothing. I also kind of think despite him being a heel, the crowd is pretty firmly behind him, and I think it's possible they just say fuck it and have him get a heroic win on Joe and then either keep riding the Babyface momentum or do some heel ass shit after getting the title. I can't really imagine who would make for a good transitionary Babyface reign, but I do think Joe is so respected and loved by the fanbase that he can also glide back and forth both sides of the line as needed for a story.

Joe's already probably gonna have a pretty short reign, so if they have a transitional reign it should be someone they wanna push in the long run but would benefit from getting the gold immediately taken from them to fight back for. Someone like Darby could be really good for that, and with the history with Swerve, it would make for a pretty heated steal from Darby. Could be a good spot for OC, too.

Danielson would also be great if they wanted to go bigger. Let him get a legacy run before he retires, and then play on the fact that Swerve hasn't repaid his loss to Bryan yet.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough question honestly. It feels like they should capitalize on Swerve as soon as possible. Absolutely no later than Double Or Nothing. I also kind of think despite him being a heel, the crowd is pretty firmly behind him, and I think it's possible they just say fuck it and have him get a heroic win on Joe and then either keep riding the Babyface momentum or do some heel ass shit after getting the title. I can't really imagine who would make for a good transitionary Babyface reign, but I do think Joe is so respected and loved by the fanbase that he can also glide back and forth both sides of the line as needed for a story.

Joe's already probably gonna have a pretty short reign, so if they have a transitional reign it should be someone they wanna push in the long run but would benefit from getting the gold immediately taken from them to fight back for. Someone like Darby could be really good for that, and with the history with Swerve, it would make for a pretty heated steal from Darby. Could be a good spot for OC, too.

Danielson would also be great if they wanted to go bigger. Let him get a legacy run before he retires, and then play on the fact that Swerve hasn't repaid his loss to Bryan yet.
    I did kick around the thought of:

1. A legacy run. With Bryan, Edge, Christian, Sting et al, in the promotion you can't rule out a short term fan service reign. Particularly as it would be one way to potentially draw out Swerve's heel status.

2. A surprise run. I'd argue that's something that has not been a part of AEW for quite a while. Someone like Sammy, Darby, etc. Give them a two month run to elevate their status. Almost like what typically happens when someone wins MITB and they've never been champion previously.

3. Hangman. It's Swerve's most significant feud up to this point, and the storyline is built in.

4. Have Joe and Swerve go as they are. They're great performers, and the fans can react how they choose while having a short term feud that is different than the standard dynamic.

5. Hope Drew doesn't re-sign with WWE

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I want to see Danielson get a run before he is gone.

I think they need to capitalize on Swerve probably sooner rather than later but I don't want Joe's reign to be too short.

At some point it would be nice to see Darby or Sammy or even OC get elevated some more and get a crack at being on top for a bit.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Tony Khan going at Jinder because people didn't like his HOOOOK booking is just vintage Tony Khan.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also Tony Khan going at Jinder because people didn't like his HOOOOK booking is just vintage Tony Khan.
    Bischoff chiming in, like he woulnd't have done the same thing if Twitter was around in WCW days, is hilarious too

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter in the 90s would have caused anarchy

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Khan needs to lay off the crack and let someone else run his twitter account

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think it was the USA Network account that started everything, I'm not sure if anyone in WWE has a say in that. Still, I don't think it's ok to target wrestlers though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told that because there were a bunch of women in a tag match tonight that -1 booked we'd be getting the debut of Mercedes Monet. The only reason I've been watching AEW the last year is due to how many people keep telling me she's debuting in AEW. She was in the crowd at All In and I just assumed that was the debut.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I think it was the USA Network account that started everything, I'm not sure if anyone in WWE has a say in that. Still, I don't think it's ok to target wrestlers though.
    Ask yourself this, does AEW have anything to do with TNT or TBS' twitter? Of course not. WWE on Fox is probably ran by someone in the WWE but not the USA Network account. The fact it triggered that dude so much just shows the disconnect he has with the real world. This is a guy who never had a real friend. He's never had to actually work for his money because it's always been there in an extreme amount. Even the people who try to say "Oh Vince inherited his father's company" Vince was still cutting costs like a motherfucker, taking out water coolers, weird shit for someone who apparently has all this money. Bischoff, same thing. Dude grew up broke, he was selling steaks out his truck to pay bills and grinded in the business as a 3rd string announcer until getting lucky as fuck in the dying dumbass Robocop era of WCW lol.

Hey, Hook v. Samoa Joe for the World title....whatever. They can spin the whole "Taz was his manager in TNA" which was the point we saw Samoa Joe's career start to go up in flames but it's about the only logical reason for it. Jinder sucks, I have no desire to see him v. Seth. I get why, but it's still a terrible match lol. Not saying Hook v. Joe won't be lame it probably will but TK...such a weird dude. Supposedly learning from the mistakes of others but he's even worse because again, he's never really had to struggle. Even his wrestling company, he didn't have to grow shit it just happened lol. That's why everyone has always said the only companies that could "compete" with WWE would have to be the result of someone with billions. Just like the only real competition he had in the old day was Turner.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr

IMO Swerve needs to win at Revolution. AEW shoots themselves in the foot often by holding off on things too long and when they pull the trigger it doesn't have the impact it should, or something gets screwed up somehow. Swerve is ready now and needs to win at Revolution. In the two months Joe can have a bunch of fun title defenses on Dynamite.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So Young Bucks vs Darby and Sting for Sting's retirement match? Meh

I get that there is not like anyone really around from Sting's past but like do Darby vs Sting or something

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd rather see the Hardys vs. Sting and Darby.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    At least some history between Sting and Hardys or at least Jeff from back in the TNA days

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sadly most of that is overshadowed by the Victory Road match between Jeff and Sting, but Matt and Sting had at least one singles match as well in TNA.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that there is not like anyone really around from Sting's past but like do Darby vs Sting or something
    You just wait. They'll find a way to insert JJ and reference their glorious feud from the twilight of WCW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as Darby and Sting I don't mind it. If the Bucks go over, makes zero sense. There's no history at all between the Bucks and Sting or the Bucks and Darby. There's no upside to the Bucks winning at all. Might as well have Sting go undefeated in AEW.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, if TK decides Sting needs to go out on a win, to make up for his WWE run.....that's fine.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, if TK decides Sting needs to go out on a win, to make up for his WWE run.....that's fine.
    Honestly I think Sting should've stayed retired after TNA. His WWE run was the extension, the AEW run has just been somewhat comical especially the fact he's making 7 figures, almost 70, and never loses lol.

I wonder if he hadn't been hurt if he would've had more matches in WWE or if the idea was to give him that year and then induct him into the HOF. Having your last match at 60 against the WWE champion half your age is a pretty good last match regardless if he was hurt or not. Such a weird run.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I think Sting should've stayed retired after TNA. His WWE run was the extension, the AEW run has just been somewhat comical especially the fact he's making 7 figures, almost 70, and never loses lol.

I wonder if he hadn't been hurt if he would've had more matches in WWE or if the idea was to give him that year and then induct him into the HOF. Having your last match at 60 against the WWE champion half your age is a pretty good last match regardless if he was hurt or not. Such a weird run.
    The whole run was as weird as a fire at a Sea Parks.

AEW is a good gig for him. He bumps, wins, and puts over Darby. And I think it's been helpful for Darby. And Sting keeps cashing the checks.

Now if he could just convince Darby to ditch the short jort/tights combo.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Darby Allin certainly won't have a career nearly as long as Sting's with the way he performs.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sting has already said he can't do what's needed to keep up and have a good singles match at this point.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tony Khan should become an on screen villain. Young, rich billionaires son doing whatever he wants. Have his best friend wrestlers be his muscle. I think there's potential

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Khan should become an on screen villain. Young, rich billionaires son doing whatever he wants. Have his best friend wrestlers be his muscle. I think there's potential
    I don’t see him as a performer or particularly charismatic.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He doesn't need to act, just have him be himself

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Darby Allin has made Sting relevant in this bubble. Dude was already super over. He's AEW's Jeff Hardy/Sabu and fans, even non-wrestling fans, eat that daredevil shit up.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    sting has already said he can't do what's needed to keep up and have a good singles match at this point.
    Yeah I understand but he has done better than I expected he would in his tag matches. At first he was only going to do like a few cinematic matches and then he ended up doing live tag matches. I bet they could do something and it would be good.

Young Bucks and Darby/Sting will be a good match just not what I would expect for his retirement

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sting will "retire" from AEW and then go back to WWE to get that Legends contract money.

I'll be honest, never really felt like there was a real connection between Sting and Darby. Felt lazy, forced, like when they tried to make Sting and Vampiro "brothers in paint!" but at least they were feuding with each other for the most part. I just have to respect that not all careers end with the matches you want. I never got a Kevin Nash retirement match.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sting will "retire" from AEW and then go back to WWE to get that Legends contract money.

I'll be honest, never really felt like there was a real connection between Sting and Darby. Felt lazy, forced, like when they tried to make Sting and Vampiro "brothers in paint!" but at least they were feuding with each other for the most part. I just have to respect that not all careers end with the matches you want. I never got a Kevin Nash retirement match.
    He would have pulled a hammy on the way to the ring so probably for the best.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He would have pulled a hammy on the way to the ring so probably for the best.
    It's weird that the "Nash tears his quad" joke has been a thing for so long considering it only happened one time lol Where are these Nash quad tearing matches??

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You're right. Triple H and Vince also tore their quads but no one makes jokes about them.

Maybe cause Triple H and Vince finished their segments?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right. Triple H and Vince also tore their quads but no one makes jokes about them.

Maybe cause Triple H and Vince finished their segments?
    So did Nash, technically lol.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny how the Nash quad tear thing became such an everlasting joke so that in my mind I was sure he did it more than once. Honestly, if you're going to make jokes like that, they should be about Tegan Nox, poor woman...

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah he only did the quad or hammy thing like once but since he had injury problems at other points and time the joke just really stuck.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my favourite intentionally funny moments when Nash tore his quad, Shawn cuts a promo about how the NWO are always left standing with Nash rolling about on the deck in agony.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Are Sting and Allin even gonna make it till March? I read Allin had a neck injury from that spot where Hobbs and the other guy threw him, and then I saw Sting hit his head on the floor doing that Scorpion Death Drop onto the table

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am sure they will keep them out of the ring if need be if they are not cleared. Not like Sting is wrestling a ton anyway. Hopefully nothing serious requiring any serious time off though.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    You just wait. They'll find a way to insert JJ and reference their glorious feud from the twilight of WCW.
    Please, only JJ if it's a double retirement.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    It's weird that the "Nash tears his quad" joke has been a thing for so long considering it only happened one time lol Where are these Nash quad tearing matches??
    Nash's 'tache during the Punk/HHH storyline was worse than any quad tear.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy

Well that is a dumb take. Sting in AEW has been fantastic, a God sent. WWE jobbed Sting out to HHH for Vince's ego of winning the "war'. Then BotchaSethamania fucked him up. The fact they could have done Sting/Taker and choose HHH/Sting is one of the stupidest moments in wrestling booking. I get Wyatt was super hot, but the reality is Taker/Wyatt should have been 30 with Wyatt breaking the streak instead of Lesnar. Cena/Lesnar would have a nice rematch for Lesnar to utterly destroy him.

Sting in AEW is better than Sting in TNA and is getting close to being better than Sting's run in WCW. Nothing will beat Sting in WCW in 1997. He did nothing and made it the most compelling story in all of wrestling during that time. Sting have this amazing second run with Darby cements him as a Mount Rushmore contender. Probably close to surpassing Flair or Hogan.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Nash's 'tache during the Punk/HHH storyline was worse than any quad tear.
    This is not a lie.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that is a dumb take. Sting in AEW has been fantastic, a God sent. WWE jobbed Sting out to HHH for Vince's ego of winning the "war'. Then BotchaSethamania fucked him up. The fact they could have done Sting/Taker and choose HHH/Sting is one of the stupidest moments in wrestling booking. I get Wyatt was super hot, but the reality is Taker/Wyatt should have been 30 with Wyatt breaking the streak instead of Lesnar. Cena/Lesnar would have a nice rematch for Lesnar to utterly destroy him.

Sting in AEW is better than Sting in TNA and is getting close to being better than Sting's run in WCW. Nothing will beat Sting in WCW in 1997. He did nothing and made it the most compelling story in all of wrestling during that time. Sting have this amazing second run with Darby cements him as a Mount Rushmore contender. Probably close to surpassing Flair or Hogan.
    sting is probably in my top 5 favorite wrestlers. this is fucking delusional.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably close to surpassing Flair or Hogan.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sting would be on mount Rushmore of WCW and maybe tna but not of every wrestler ever and certainly not aew

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you call my take dumb and then proceed to have arguably the worst take I keep hearing from certain fans about Sting in AEW. Has it been entertaining to see someone of his age do some of the stupid shit he's doing? Of course. I laugh the hardest when they dress up as old men on Jackass and get fucked up. But to think in any way shape or form AEW Sting is better than any other incarnation is comical. I would even put his WWE run over this because in AEW he doesn't really have any purpose. Where are the storylines? And the storylines he has been part of were terrible.

Am I one of the only people who didn't care about Sting v. Taker? And I really have no idea where the desire to see them fight comes from. Especially when Sting finally decided to come over. Trust me, not disagreeing with how stupid that Triple H match was including the nWo of all people coming down to help Sting.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lotjx thinks their insane takes on things are the majority view.