Page 150 of 161 FirstFirst ... 140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 15,000 of 16016

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Okada and Orange vs Danielson and Claudio on Dynamite. Huh. I was super wrong about Danielson being willing to wrestle in Japan it looks like.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's been out of the WWE for how many years? ZERO matches in Japan. He's barely wrestled any Japanese talent even in AEW. Probably because the last Japanese guy worth a shit he fought damn near killed him.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    He's been out of the WWE for how many years? ZERO matches in Japan. He's barely wrestled any Japanese talent even in AEW. Probably because the last Japanese guy worth a shit he fought damn near killed him.
    I think you've misunderstood what I meant there. I was utterly convinced Danielson was never working a match outside of AEW ever again. This tag match indicates that the plan is indeed to do the rematch between Danielson and Okada on January the 4th in the Tokyo Dome.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    I think you've misunderstood what I meant there. I was utterly convinced Danielson was never working a match outside of AEW ever again. This tag match indicates that the plan is indeed to do the rematch between Danielson and Okada on January the 4th in the Tokyo Dome.
    No I understood what you were saying. What I'm saying is I understand why you thought Danielson wouldn't work in Japan because he's been out of WWE for 2-3 years and hasn't wrestled there yet.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're misunderstanding me Prince Valiant

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I understood what you were saying. What I'm saying is I understand why you thought Danielson wouldn't work in Japan because he's been out of WWE for 2-3 years and hasn't wrestled there yet.
    Oh I misunderstood then

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I misunderstood then
    I wonder if it's just been timing. He's been injured for months on end several different times. The Okada match being one of them. I would hope that if this is going to be his last full time year in wrestling that a match WK would be in the future. Okada/Danielson 2 in Japan would be INCREDIBLE.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely felt like a rematch with Okada or ZSJ were likely to happen at Wrestle Kingdom. I'd be happy with both choices.

Also, I'm looking forward to a Danielson/Black feud. The lights out segment on Collision got a big pop from me.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danielson/Black is a very interesting feud. I think both styles compliment each other well. Black is very influenced by CM Punk, or so it seems. I could see their matches looking very much like the matches Bryan and Punk had over the years.

Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think AEW should do a real brand split with ROH on Collision now.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I honestly think AEW should do a real brand split with ROH on Collision now.
    And make it look like ROH and not AEW with ROH banners and graphics. That's something WWE didn't fully get with their vision of ECW. A couple times here and there at the start you would see them go to Hammerstein Ballroom or somewhere like that. Eventually they had to link up with SD/Raw because they weren't really drawing. I think that's what would happen with ROH. I watch ROH now and I'm like, this shit is too bright. Even when they were on HDnet I was like man this isn't too bad. But for me, ROH, just like ECW, needs that "ECW Arena" vibe to really work or people will just want to see a WWE-esque presentation.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Tony Khan decides he doesn't want to book AEW would talent be willing to stick around or would they be more prone to leave?

Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And make it look like ROH and not AEW with ROH banners and graphics. That's something WWE didn't fully get with their vision of ECW. A couple times here and there at the start you would see them go to Hammerstein Ballroom or somewhere like that. Eventually they had to link up with SD/Raw because they weren't really drawing. I think that's what would happen with ROH. I watch ROH now and I'm like, this shit is too bright. Even when they were on HDnet I was like man this isn't too bad. But for me, ROH, just like ECW, needs that "ECW Arena" vibe to really work or people will just want to see a WWE-esque presentation.
    Completely agree. And they have to have the discipline not to cross-pollinate the second one is higher than the other. That's another way the WWE has struggled. ECW never really looked different. And it didn't "feel" different after the first few months. Even NXT, in the black and gold era, felt different and found a niche. And that was without being established brand, like ROH or ECW

Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Tony Khan decides he doesn't want to book AEW would talent be willing to stick around or would they be more prone to leave?
    I think the ones that are the established favorites still stay. They know that Tony is going to step in on their behalf if they are too long out of the spotlight. I don't think he has it in him to not micromanage the show. As bad as I do think he needs a real writing team to take care of the details, and let him focus on running the business.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine Tony Khan dealing with Nailz?

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like no once cares Ric Flair is now in AEW. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Sting vs. Ric Flair in Sting's retirement match.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put that on the list of things I'm not interested to see in 2024

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I doubt he wrestles but I am sure he will be involved in the match somehow

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really hoping Flair is just there for promos and hanging out. Have no interest in seeing him wrestle in AEW.

Dynamite was mostly alright last night. I liked the opening, the main event was great, and I was into the Swerve/Hangman stuff and setting up MJF/Kenny.

I'm still not 100% sold on Toni Storm's new direction, but adding the dialogue cards to the short films definitely helps them deliver a little better. Also probably the first time Luther's been in a position that I didn't immediately groan at.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Schiavone was like "No one has ever given something like this to a wrestler!" So I'm already like, yeah this is going to be fucking incredible (sarcasm). The people that treating this as some huge deal is why I can't really watch AEW anymore. I'm so sick and tired of everything being treated like we're seeing the formation of the nWo or Stone Cold returning to help Foley win the title. It's just too much. It's not genuine.

Not to mention, how is TK going to say these things about Vince, slight Hogan, and then bring in Ric Flair of all people. That's like saying Fuck Bill Cosby and then Weinstein shows up to your birthday party.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF v. Kenny Omega for the title on free tv is the most WCW thing AEW has done since bringing in Ric Flair to cry with Sting.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    By the way I hate Direct Tv. I am going to have to go in and start recording whatever comes on behind Dynamite so I can start seeing the end of the damn show because they won't allow people to manually change the length of stuff. Whatever I had before this I could go in and add time to catch overruns of Raw.

Either way yeah I was not surprised to see Flair considering his history with Sting but at the same time yeah not like excited over seeing him or anything and yeah he better not think about wrestling.

I am glad to see Toni doing something beyond just being like a typical babyface or typical heel but still like trying to decide how I feel about this. At first I was enjoying it but not as much as we go.

Waiting for them to build Wardlow back up and fuck him over again.

They are just doing what they can to get people to watch Collision it seems. Going to enjoy seeing Omega and MJF and whatever shenigans happen but yeah that is a ppv type match.

Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just waay too many nostalgia acts popping up these days and I don’t think it’s limited to wrestling. Entertainment industry in general. Just about everything these days that was cool 20-30 years ago is getting a reboot.

Cena doing a wee last run I don’t mind but only thing “nostalgic” I’ve popped for was the Rock’s appearance.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine a big part of the motivation for MJF/Omega on Collision is because they wanted Omega's record to be a part of it. Still feel like they could have maybe built it up a couple more weeks alongside the Jay White stuff, but eh, I'd be more upset about it if MJF didn't have a direction for Full Gear.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think that's a match that they completely pissed away. When you think about some of the shit matches MJF has been stuck in since he won the title....I just expect more out of this company than I should I guess. I'm used to them throwing away big matches but this is mind blowing. For me this is a dream feud in AEW. There's 40 people gunning for MJF and none of it feels important.

Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have MJF and Omega even fought in the same ring before on different sides on a tag match before in AEW? Can’t remember.

Anyway I do get a match that big deserves far more build and the “first big time feel” is gone but it’s not the first time wrestling companies have put two big names never fought before in a TV match. It’s gonna end in BS interference clusterfuck anyway from Bullet Club Gold, Elite, Acclaimed, maybe Don Callis Family etc. If one of them won clean on a throwaway TV match then yeah that’s wasted but the bait-and-switch of two big names facing each other to see how they get on to tease a bigger match but no clean outcome yet isn’t an uncommon plot device so personally not too bothered unless one of them actually wins clean on Collision. They’ll no doubt have a real match with a proper victor down the road.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So I read spoilers and Abadon wins tonight's women's match to earn a shot at Shida tomorrow. I like Abadon but they has been off tv for like I don't know, forever. I like that they is getting a title shot but so random them even being in that match against women on tv on a regular basis. Also I bet they don't even play off the fact that when Abadon chased Shida during Shida's first reign that Shida was scared of them. *sigh*
    Last edited by MTR; October 27th, 2023 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Have MJF and Omega even fought in the same ring before on different sides on a tag match before in AEW? Can’t remember.

Anyway I do get a match that big deserves far more build and the “first big time feel” is gone but it’s not the first time wrestling companies have put two big names never fought before in a TV match. It’s gonna end in BS interference clusterfuck anyway from Bullet Club Gold, Elite, Acclaimed, maybe Don Callis Family etc. If one of them won clean on a throwaway TV match then yeah that’s wasted but the bait-and-switch of two big names facing each other to see how they get on to tease a bigger match but no clean outcome yet isn’t an uncommon plot device so personally not too bothered unless one of them actually wins clean on Collision. They’ll no doubt have a real match with a proper victor down the road.
    Yeah it's an unfortunate result of the Monday Night Wars. They found out you can make more money off TV than ppv. AEW wants their Saturday show to have a good rating because they've been stagnant for awhile. But this is also a company where some of their fans think simply having 1 person watching is a success!

Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    So I read spoilers and Abadon wins tonight's women's match to earn a shot at Shida tomorrow. I like Abadon but she has been off tv for like I don't know, forever. I like that she is getting a title shot but so random her even being in that match against women on tv on a regular basis. Also I bet they don't even play off the fact that when Abadon chased Shida during Shida's first reign that Shida was scared of her. *sigh*
    Gee thanks for ruining the result ya fuckin jerky.

JK I don't watch this shit.

They will mention it and you'll be one of 10 people who even remember that lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I didn't think any one would care too much about a rampage spoiler. I only watch about half the time depending on what I read from the spoilers. lol

And yeah you are probably right about no one remembers beyond me

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be tuning in for Abadon tonight and the title match tomorrow and then go back to not watching as I assume they're only going to be on for Halloween and then go back to being off TV forever again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I will be tuning in for Abadon tonight and the title match tomorrow and then go back to not watching as I assume they're only going to be on for Halloween and then go back to being off TV forever again.
    Damn. Didn't even think about that. Hell that makes this even more shitty.

Hey I know you haven't been on tv for like a year but I am going to give you two matches in a row including a title match so we can get you on tv for Halloween. After that go work the indies or something.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it doesn't seem like records matter in AEW anymore but according to IWD she is 43-4 in AEW...........Also hasn't been on tv in 2 years lol

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish Tony Nese would ab a Don. I could use it.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn. Didn't even think about that. Hell that makes this even more shitty.

Hey I know you haven't been on tv for like a year but I am going to give you two matches in a row including a title match so we can get you on tv for Halloween. After that go work the indies or something.
    At least this time they win and have the title match, too. Last time it was just losing to Brit Baker despite a title shot being on the line if they won.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know it doesn't seem like records matter in AEW anymore but according to IWD she is 43-4 in AEW...........Also hasn't been on tv in 2 years lol
    most of those were on dark and dark elevation.

I know they have had some injuries at times I think but yeah no tv time on dynamite or rampage unless it is around Halloween....

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least this time they win and have the title match, too. Last time it was just losing to Brit Baker despite a title shot being on the line if they won.
    Not to mention they already challenged Shida for the title back in Jan 2022 in a losing effort.

most of those were on dark and dark elevation.

I know they have had some injuries at times I think but yeah no tv time on dynamite or rampage unless it is around Halloween....
    Even then it was only 1 time and they lost a 2 on 1 match. Could be injuries, it would explain the lack of activity in the last year.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just looked and there was a broken collarbone that kept them out for a while (Nov '22 to May '23) but they wrestled back in May in a pre dynamite match for AEW and not since then.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've been working lots of indy shows since the collarbone injury healed up, so they've definitely been available.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes me happy to see we are using correct pronouns.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    It makes me happy to see we are using correct pronouns.
    Yeah I screwed up in my first post. Need to go edit. i had forgotten until mth used the correct ones.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to say something but figured I could just lead by example. It made me happy to hear Abadon referred to with the correct pronouns in their last televised match so I'm hoping it continues tonight/tomorrow. It was odd to see them being referred to as she/her for months knowing they use they/them but maybe it was tough or not super important for them to press the issue.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    For some it is not as a big of a deal especially when people have know them as one name or set of pronouns for a long time. Which is part of my slip up. That and they are never on tv so it just slipped my mind unlike Max the Impaler who see on social media all the time and what not so I remember their pronouns.

Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot Abadon was still employed.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why haven't they (AEW) not done Jon Moxley v. The Sandman?

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because that makes sense. AEW doesn't do things that make sense.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moxley and Sandman are more alike than any other comparison I see i.e. Terry Funk which makes no sense to me at all.

Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why haven't they (AEW) not done Jon Moxley v. The Sandman?
    I hope Tony Khan pays royalties for use of the Metallica song lol.

But yeah that would be wild!

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuned in for Abadon vs. Shida. Don't know why I expected it to be anything other than a goofy Halloween-themed gimmick match. Fine for what it was but I wish Abby was seen/used as more than just for this type of silliness. Book them more like a Mankind-type, make the zombie thing more of a mindset where they are relentless, shrugging off the pain, losing their humanity from their hunger for blood and gold. I've seen clips on their socials, I know they can do more than what they got to showcase here. Maybe their contract will run out like Sonny's and they can go do something worthwhile elsewhere.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuned in for Abadon vs. Shida. Don't know why I expected it to be anything other than a goofy Halloween-themed gimmick match. Fine for what it was but I wish Abby was seen/used as more than just for this type of silliness. Book them more like a Mankind-type, make the zombie thing more of a mindset where they are relentless, shrugging off the pain, losing their humanity from their hunger for blood and gold. I've seen clips on their socials, I know they can do more than what they got to showcase here. Maybe their contract will run out like Sonny's and they can go do something worthwhile elsewhere.
    I've been paying more and more attention to NWA and maybe they should work there more often? Seems more of a fit with the extreme weird stuff they be doing on that show. I just saw Violent J beat Vampiro with a Falcon Arrow dude is like 50 something but it was crazy. James Mitchell is there too he should manage Abadon. But yeah the thing is....we know the deal by now. It's always going to be some comedy stuff and/or bottom tier never see it beyond youtube type stuff. You brought up Sonny Kiss maybe TNA would be a good spot for Abadon. That's another company doing some wild shit.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dark, scary wrestlers almost always end up doing comedy and stupid shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So I saw that Abadon was just medically cleared like a week before being on tv and that there had been another injury that sidelined them. So hopefully they get more time but honestly if they don't they may be better off heading to the NWA, Impact/TNA, and the indies.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I saw that Abadon was just medically cleared like a week before being on tv and that there had been another injury that sidelined them. So hopefully they get more time but honestly if they don't they may be better off heading to the NWA, Impact/TNA, and the indies.
    Do you think they would succeed in WWE?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do you think they would succeed in WWE?
    No. WWE wouldn't know what to do with them in my view. Same with Sonny Kiss who went to Impact which I think was the right choice and Max the Impaler who does NWA and the indies and some work in Japan. Good talents but wouldn't really fit in the WWE in my view.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the WWE only dabble in that kind of stuff if absolutely necessary and you have to be god level like Undertaker, Kane, and Bray Wyatt. I haven't seen enough of Abadon to think if they tweaked the character or maybe did something totally different i.e. El Generico turning into Sami Zayn or Dustin Rhodes going in as Goldust, to where they become something even bigger. Is Abadon a big enough name to warrant keep them the same as they are now, or are they versatile enough to where they come up with something different in NXT/WWE that would get over?

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony has another announcement tonight. Last week's surprise was Ric Flair. There's a part of me that thinks he's going to announce 1 of 2 things: A major ppv event in 2024 or they're going to start putting content on Max.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assumed his announcement would be another Winter is Coming event.

Whatever the case, Tony is slowly catching up to Dixie in the number of special announcement department.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really deflates the impactful announcements by hyping every announce as a big event. I gave up on them meaning anything like three years ago.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Unless it is like a streaming service or something probably not worth saying that you have a big announcement

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only real negative I have about the announcements is that it feels like it's Tony wanting attention. It's not Triple H has an announcement or Vince and if their names are used you know it's super important. If it's just like WWE is coming to Berlin it's the announcers or the hype is "WWE has a major announcement on Smackdown tonight!" They don't make it about themselves.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably a ratings ploy. I recall an announcement or 2 ago ratings spiked for Tony's announcement, and it was like he announced what he had for breakfast.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Wrestlers acting dumb in matches really annoys me. Now I know you could break that down and wrestlers act dumb a lot, but anyway. What I mean is, Ruby Soho trying to get the DQ win over Shida last week, which would not have won her the title. Just makes her look dumb.

Obviously the same with countouts, which also happened in a recent AEW match with a challenger trying for the countout win.

Reminds me of Lex Luger at Summerslam '93. Weird.

Haven't seen Collision yet, but looking forward to MJF/Kenny.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ticket sale reveal.

That as the major announcement.

He should come out dressed as a 14th century king, crown, scepter and all. Here ye Here ye, the great King Khan has a major announcement.

Miss Lippy's car...is green.

*ROAR FROM THE CROWD!!!

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of things I could think of he could use as a major announcement. This is about as exciting as a wet fart.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ric Flair now signed to a multi-year deal. Which looks pretty bad when you consider his statements about Flair after the Dark Side of the Ring episode and his recent rant against Vince McMahon about the allegations.

Like I can look past someone having Ric Flair or someone else who's been known to do awful shit on their show, but maybe don't try to act like your product is a force of altruism if you're gonna skip on those morals for a legend.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Just came to mention that, Tony crying about nxt beating them, brings up McMahons past...Signs Ric Flair ffs.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's aiming to try and get charlotte to come over when her contact is done. her husband is still working there and now they've given her dad a paycheck.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Sure, But still his moral highground has crumbled into the sea beneath him.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Andrade and Charlotte had split, or was that a rumor.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Guessing 'wins matter' is a thing of the past then. Abadon had a shot at the world title last week, having not been been seen for some considerable time.

Unless I missed something. Which is possible.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whole reality based sports presentation went out the window when Matt Hardy debuted, teleporting around an empty arena. Match wins probably went out the window because it forces you into a corner.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Guessing 'wins matter' is a thing of the past then. Abadon had a shot at the world title last week, having not been been seen for some considerable time.

You missed the #1 contender's match they won in a fatal fourway but the funny part is WIllow was in that match and is now getting the next title shot despite losing lol

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whole reality based sports presentation went out the window when Matt Hardy debuted, teleporting around an empty arena. Match wins probably went out the window because it forces you into a corner.
    The system only forces you into a corner if all your storylines are based on rankings. Rankings in pro wrestling should be used as a last resort for storylines. Problem with AEW is that they let people rack up 30 wins on Dark and then expect us to give a shit when they show up on Dynamite and get a TBS title shot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

yeah even though they still do records they stopped doing rankings.

And they do a lot of just random 3 or 4 way matches to determine random shots at titles. She was in there with 3 women that are on tv on a regular basis and won and got the shot. We have talked about this some in here already but part of the reason she was off tv was due to a couple different injuries that kept her sidelined for chunks of time and had just gotten cleared again.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I don't watch Rampage anymore and hadn't seen the match itself, Abadon and Shida, so saw it was referenced when I got to the match. But yes, it's all a little loose.

Also, if Abadon is a they/them, should they be challenging for the women's title?

Pretty sure Abadon was mentioned as a 'they' by commentary. Again, could be wrong.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they could identify as being a woman but just don't identify with the her/she pronouns.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much like when a non-binary person needs to piss or buy clothes, the options are Men's or Women's, wrestling is often binary, like most things.
    Last edited by mth; November 6th, 2023 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without going too in depth but you'd figure after Chyna won the IC title we would recognize there are times where wrestling has been non-binary. Eric Young is a former TNA Knockouts tag champion. Madusa is a former WCW Cruiserweight champion. Tessa Blanchard is a former Impact World Champion.

Yes, the majority of the time it's people who identify as a man winning a men's championship but we can't forget about the fact that it's 2023 and we should be above the "Hehehehe should "THEY" be challenging for a WOMEN'S title?"

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    My comment was very much tongue in cheek. Which was clear to see.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My comment was very much tongue in cheek. Which was clear to see.
    Sure it was.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it CM Punk behind the mask and if so, is that a solid swerve from AEW? Is it something where maybe Punk was legit let go and then brought back like when the WWE released Danielson and then brought him back a month later? Me personally, I would give AEW their props if it turns out to be CM Punk even if it wasn't originally going to be Punk.

The fact that CM Punk still generates these "what if" conversations on the level they're at is amazing. What if he shows up at Survivor Series? What if he shows up Saturday at Full Gear?

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM Punk gets his own "It was me, it was me all along" moment?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Bunny has parted ways with AEW.

Interesting. Maybe she goes back to Impact.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Butcher and Blade gone too. They were JTTS so no great loss, but maybe Butcher goes full time with his band?

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read Butcher and Blade are not gone...
    Quote Originally Posted by main page
    - Despite not being used much in recent weeks, The Butcher and The Blade are still with AEW. Parker Boudreaux, who was originally among the members for The Mogul Embassy, is also still reportedly with the company as well, according to Fightful Select.
    Last edited by mth; November 13th, 2023 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game changer will Osprey signs to aew. Let's go

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My review

Swerve vs Hangman was great. Everything else sucked.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't agree with that at all.

and to really drive it home, i fucking LOVED the main event.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    My review

I look forward to watching it then.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Interesting booking decisions here. Yet, nothing too bad. Jay White with friends can't beat MJF fighting on a bad leg. MJF/Cole being banged up, but not as bad as we are lead to believe. Toni needs to carry that belt for awhile. Hangman having no friends is still a big story for him. I don't know if I would have Swerve win in a feud where he threatened Page's baby, but fans seem to love Swerve's friend who dances, so.... Kenny and the Young Bucks against each other just takes up way too much TV time. I am not sure why this was on the show this late especially after Page's match where again he could use some friends Good for Big Bill and Ricky. Julia being TBS Champion is probably a good choice. Orange Cassidy needs to keep that belt forever. AEW getting Wil was a good move and lets face it, WWE making him the face of the non-existent WWE Europe was a dumb ass idea.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    My review

It was shaping up to be MOTY but like so many AEW matches it simply refused to end.

Only one-third of the participants are announced for the CC tournament with no programming left before the thing actually starts lol.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i really enjoyed the MJF/joe vs. ass boys match. MJF is actually a much better tag wrestler than singles wrestler. his tag matches are always laid out and structured so, so well. i REALLY wish he and cole had more high-profile tag matches. such a shame we never got them as tag champions vs. young bucks, sting/darby, etc.

MJF/cole as a tag team was also, like, the most successful act they ever put on TV so it should've been a no-brainer from a business standpoint to do this.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    It was shaping up to be MOTY but like so many AEW matches it simply refused to end.

Only one-third of the participants are announced for the CC tournament with no programming left before the thing actually starts lol.
    Did you see what Khan said about it at the press conference? What a fucking clown.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Did you see what Khan said about it at the press conference? What a fucking clown.
    haha i didn't watch the press conference. what are you referring to?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    haha i didn't watch the press conference. what are you referring to?
    To paraphrase for all the people complaining about AEW going WWE lite the last few months with the MJF/Cole stuff and whatever the hell Toni Storm is doing they need to put their money where their mouth is and what the tournament with no announced participants for a title no one can make sense of.

This is after the fact he himself pushed AEW as being more sports like and an alternative to WWE and once he went away from that ratings and attendance has gone down. So who is at fault there Tony?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    To paraphrase for all the people complaining about AEW going WWE lite the last few months with the MJF/Cole stuff and whatever the hell Toni Storm is doing they need to put their money where their mouth is and what the tournament with no announced participants for a title no one can make sense of.

This is after the fact he himself pushed AEW as being more sports like and an alternative to WWE and once he went away from that ratings and attendance has gone down. So who is at fault there Tony?
    i can't get behind implicating the MJF/cole pairing because it was just about the most successful thing AEW ever put on their TV. huge ratings spikes for their tag matches and most of their in-ring segments. the problem is everything they did with it outside the basic idea of the odd-couple tag pairing has just sucked. but odd-couple pairing and them working as a tag team was a home run.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    If you think MJF/Cole is bad, you just hate AEW at this point. Just move over to WWE with the zero stakes for all the WarGames matches with no blood and the world champ who takes seasons off. AEW is an alternative Some of tournaments usually have very little build, because the matches are the story. The G1 is very much, the tournament is the story and everything else going into is a nice icing on the cake. Its not like AEW has a thin roster to do a tournament. Toni Storm is the best women's attraction out there, because its insanity. I love it and they already building a story with her "fan". Tbf, the TBS story has been fun too.

Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's silly. You can like aew but not like MJF/Adam cole

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestling is cool. Lots of stuff to watch! No reason to hate on one thing because of liking something more.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Chill out.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Tony is starting to look like Vince Russo WCW 99/00. Refusal to delegate, accept criticism, more and more desperate announcements to get ratings.

Its really on the tv network now to see if they will put pressure on him to step aside and bring in someone who can actually run a promotion.