Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 1,401 to 1,453 of 1453

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    Well to his credit Vince at least had women rasslin women even if everything didn't always come up smelling Roses to the SJW's.
    From 2006 to 2017 was barely women wrestling. Beth and Nat carried that division and Nat was just ok.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEETH View Post
    From 2006 to 2017 was barely women wrestling. Beth and Nat carried that division and Nat was just ok.
    You can slice it up how you want but 2006-2017 was still better than anything I've seen out of AEW's women. Does it even matter what Vince did? Let's talk about TNA. When they introduced the Knockouts division it hit the ground running and was very very good. Honestly it's the most consistently good part of the company even today.

I don't get why everything has to be compared to what Vince does. Vince runs a wrestling promotion unlike any on the planet. Those of you who keep going "Well Vince did this, WWE did this so AEW should get some leeway" Fuck that. And to be honest, if their women's division is the worst part of the show oh well. AEW has plenty for us to love right now, we can give it time.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEETH View Post
    Well I was just making what Mark Hammil said his kid called a "dad joke" about Nyla Rose

I must agree that AEW has hardly produced much of a 'Women's Division' that I can even see as a casual watcher. They seem to have about 4 regular girls. One, Britt Baker, with a defined character. I myself am not into 91 pound Japanese wrestlers who look 12 years old (God, I'm turning into Jim Cornette in my old age....)

IMO, bring back that 'Hell's Own Harlot' chick, at least she's excellent eye candy.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2020 there's no excuse not to have talented women at your disposal.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was just making what Mark Hammil said his kid called a "dad joke" about Nyla Rose

I must agree that AEW has hardly produced much of a 'Women's Division' that I can even see as a casual watcher. They seem to have about 4 regular girls. One, Britt Baker, with a defined character. I myself am not into 91 pound Japanese wrestlers who look 12 years old (God, I'm turning into Jim Cornette in my old age....)

IMO, bring back that 'Hell's Own Harlot' chick, at least she's excellent eye candy.
    But also...

Either my libido went way down or WWE stopped selling sex as much because I don't find any of the wrestlers sexy.
    Perhaps Charley Caruso....

Weird thread in any case. I said it before but it bears repeating: I watch wrestling for wrestling. There's better places to see sexy people these days, if that's ones goal.
    Guess the libido's gone up...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    MJF is a gem.

Although I'm of the opinion that if somebody from WWE were to do this... like AJ Styles or Garza... the masses would cry for blood and call for them to be fired immediately.
    Not fully sold on him yet. I need to go back maybe watch more stuff from him. I think Sammy G in roles reversed might come off better.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit late to the party thanks to ITV but JAKE THE FUCKING SNAKE??????

World Champion
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen a snake fuck before, but if you have a snake named Jake and it's fucking, can you send me some video?

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I've never seen a snake fuck before, but if you have a snake named Jake and it's fucking, can you send me some video?
    I have a lady friend who keeps a ton of snakes so could ask her but tbh you’re probably better off going to a zoo.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    But also...

Guess the libido's gone up...
    Goes to show how un-sexy the WWE girls are these days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    In 2020 there's no excuse not to have talented women at your disposal.
    The main problem is that WWE or Impact have all of the best women wrestling on the planet under contract, for at least five years at least. Another attempt by Vince McMahon and WWE to control the industry. Smart business, really, on their part.

Are you saying that Doctor Brit Baker isn't talented? Because in my opinion, her heel shtick is the best gimmick in the Women's division, in my opinion. Her running down the fans for having bad teeth. Getting Tony Shiavone a no whip, skinny lattee because he's fat, and he doesn't want to give him WORSE teeth than he has, is just funny as hell. I loved it. Tony had this, "Hey, I WANTED whipped cream on my latte, god damn it" look on his face. Lol.

Statlander is a wack gimmick, where she boops people's nose. Nyla Rose is dominant, but her matches are boring. Most big women don't have exciting matches.

And the imports from New Japan wrestling are just...bland as fuck. Not to be racist or anything, but everyone in NJPW just seems to look the same to me. They're all great wrestlers, but who are they? Some of them have cocky gimmicks and looks, blonde hair like Okada. None of the New Japan women in AEW really have shticks or anything. Unless you want to call a Japanese woman pretending to be Freddy Mercury with a mic stand a gimmick.

Being a good wrestler isn't enough. You need to have a shtick. A gimmick, if ya weeeeeeeellllllll (Dusty Rhodes-ism, bebbe) Probably why I don't really care for Adam Cole and Seth Rollins. They're kind of in the "good wrestler but cocky douchebag" pile, if that's a gimmick, I guess.
    Last edited by xtHeWalLsOfJeRiChOx; March 9th, 2020 at 2:29 AM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xtHeWalLsOfJeRiChOx View Post
    The main problem is that WWE or Impact have all of the best women wrestling on the planet under contract, for at least five years at least. Another attempt by Vince McMahon and WWE to control the industry. Smart business, really, on their part.

Are you saying that Doctor Brit Baker isn't talented? Because in my opinion, her heel shtick is the best gimmick in the Women's division, in my opinion. Her running down the fans for having bad teeth. Getting Tony Shiavone a no whip, skinny lattee because he's fat, and he doesn't want to give him WORSE teeth than he has, is just funny as hell. I loved it. Tony had this, "Hey, I WANTED whipped cream on my latte, god damn it" look on his face. Lol.

Statlander is a wack gimmick, where she boops people's nose. Nyla Rose is dominant, but her matches are boring. Most big women don't have exciting matches.

And the imports from New Japan wrestling are just...bland as fuck. Not to be racist or anything, but everyone in NJPW just seems to look the same to me. They're all great wrestlers, but who are they? Some of them have cocky gimmicks and looks, blonde hair like Okada. None of the New Japan women in AEW really have shticks or anything. Unless you want to call a Japanese woman pretending to be Freddy Mercury with a mic stand a gimmick.

Being a good wrestler isn't enough. You need to have a shtick. A gimmick, if ya weeeeeeeellllllll (Dusty Rhodes-ism, bebbe) Probably why I don't really care for Adam Cole and Seth Rollins. They're kind of in the "good wrestler but cocky douchebag" pile, if that's a gimmick, I guess.
    I'm not a fan of Britt Baker at all. I think her shtick is better suited for the WWF 1994-1995 era. It's not clever, her insults are very very basic and dated. This is a situation where having a "gimmick" backfired completely plus she's very bland in the ring.

I think it appears like the WWE and TNA have all the good women but I don't agree. They're just the 2 biggest US companies with females so it appears that the only good people are already signed but look at a talent like Mercedes Martinez. She's a vet and was just signed a few months ago to NXT. So the talent is out there I just think AEW are not dead set on having a quality women's division at this moment. I hope it'll come, if not it's not a deal breaker.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britt Baker to me is like Chelsea Green. Everything about her... from her name, to her promos, to her wrestling... is incredibly bland.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question re: The Best Friends tag team. Not overly familiar but watching a youtube video, I heard Jim Cornette refer to them as the Ambiguously Gay Duo and saw someone in the comments say they are like Billy & Chuck but gayer. Having not seen them at all, just wondering if this is people being homophobic to dudes showing affection/emotion/whatever or if their gimmick is actually that they're maybe gay and just not out about it?

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question re: The Best Friends tag team. Not overly familiar but watching a youtube video, I heard Jim Cornette refer to them as the Ambiguously Gay Duo and saw someone in the comments say they are like Billy & Chuck but gayer. Having not seen them at all, just wondering if this is people being homophobic to dudes showing affection/emotion/whatever or if their gimmick is actually that they're maybe gay and just not out about it?
    absolutely just ignorant, mouth-breathing cornette and his fans. outside of the hug they do, there's pretty much nothing that could be construed as even teetering on homoerotic. and even then, the hug has zero sexuality to it. it's just cornette making his cool twenty year old references and being edgy.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    lol there's not even a hint of homoeroticism in their act

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had suspected as much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had suspected as much.
    But they still fucking suck.

So, gay duo or no gay duo, they're not worth watching.

Trent? No Last Name Given looks like an actual athlete.

The Invisible Hand Grenade Fucktard Chuck "The Kentucky Gentleman" Taylor looks like a Frankenstein monster who just woke up, can't lock up, has a shitty, lazy Irish whip, has a body that looks like its made of mashed potatoes poured into a set of tights, and he has all the charisma of a dead fish drying out in the sun. He looks like he should be selling you popcorn in the arena or parking your car, not wrestling competitive matches with PAC. He's the drizzling shits with a haircut that looks like it was perpetrated with an angry pair of gardening shears by a barber who wasn't paying attention.

Banned
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    absolutely just ignorant, mouth-breathing cornette and his fans. outside of the hug they do, there's pretty much nothing that could be construed as even teetering on homoerotic. and even then, the hug has zero sexuality to it. it's just cornette making his cool twenty year old references and being edgy.
    AEW did do a video for them once, where they were holding hands and literally tip-toeing through the fucking tulips, dude.

That's pretty damn gay, if you ask me.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    AEW did do a video for them once, where they were holding hands and literally tip-toeing through the fucking tulips, dude.

That's pretty damn gay, if you ask me.
    considering your shit-tastic history of awful opinions, who the fuck would ever think to ask you on this matter.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    their entrance video has a bunch of people grabbing a friend or loved ones hand, with two little children seen running to a field. none of them are trent or chuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsCnxkoWIo8

in the lead up to all out on one of the road to shows they did a piece on them that started with them slow motion walking across a park to do their hug spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqdmj3ouwQM

outside of the weird all denim outfits, again, nothing very homoerotic.

but ha ha, tip-toeing through the tulips! GAY EUPHEMISM DO YA GET IT GUYS. tiny tim probably wasnt even gay, so the reference is even dumber. again, why would anybody want your input on these kind of topics.

Banned
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even particularly care.

I just like seeing Morrison get his little bitchy panties in a twist.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even particularly care.

I just like seeing Morrison get his little bitchy panties in a twist.
    lol. you're so awful.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Also a proven Racist, Homophobe, Transphobe and all round cunt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. you're so awful.
    Yeah, I'm an inhuman monster.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Also he says fucktard a lot, Also one of James Es faves

Banned
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slutty Macwhoreface View Post
    Also he says fucktard a lot, Also one of James Es faves
    Total coincidence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't try to argue the latter two, but when have I ever been a racist?

Racists suck.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Wibble

Banned
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wibble
    Wobble?

Weebles wibble wobble but they don't fall down.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't try to argue the latter two, but when have I ever been a racist?

Racists suck.
    the stupid godzilla references and gifs anytime riho shows up. you also called carmella a 'spoda be bitch,' which is a racist as fuck phrase, even if you are using it towards a white girl. you're not saying blatantly racist shit, but that's the problem with all the problematic shit you say. you're too simple to realize you're saying something offensive or tone deaf.

Banned
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the stupid godzilla references and gifs anytime riho shows up. you also called carmella a 'spoda be bitch,' which is a racist as fuck phrase, even if you are using it towards a white girl. you're not saying blatantly racist shit, but that's the problem with all the problematic shit you say. you're too simple to realize you're saying something offensive or tone deaf.
    Oh yeah. I forgot I used to call Carmella a "spoda".

That was fun.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually had to look up the term "spoda" because I'm half black, my mother's family, all black folks. Never once in 38 years heard that term so that's either some weird shit you white people came up with because you weren't satisfied with the other 900 nicknames you keep coming up with over the last century (IMPRESSIVE!) or it's just a barely used term.

If it's some RACIST AS FUCK term, which looking it up doesn't seem as bad as most of the words used toward my people but hey let's sit back and watch the white folks virtue signal each other it's actually more entertaining than anything in AEW.

You need to stop pretending like you're not either. It's annoying as fuck.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved those animated sketches.

Best Friends' gimmick is basically 2 guys poking fun at people who are insecure about gay folks. It's like when we did that "sexiest wrestler" thread and a bunch of straight dudes were trying to be clever talking about how sexy Finn Balor looks. In reality it's kind of like we're making fun of gay people but not in a "LET'S MAKE FUN OF THEM AND THEN BEAT THEM TO DEATH FOR BEING QUEERS!!" I mean, if someone tried to tell me that gay folks don't talk shit and joke about straight folks then you're living in a fucking fantasy world. There's a line, Best Friends haven't crossed it. I actually agree that this is like Billy and Chuck but B & C were definitely "gayer" than Best Friends.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW has announced that they are introducing a TNT Championship. The champion will be crowned via tournament that will start next month.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Cool!

I never really thought of the Best Friends as a gay gimmick. Just two straight dudes who are comfortable being affectionate with each other.

Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing a tournament is a great way to fill TV time over the next couple months. I wonder if they moved up the introduction of the TV title because of the crisis?

As far as the Best Friends, I've always seen their gimmick as just being "Dude Bros". Sounds like people are projecting more than anything else.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first tournament matches announced:

Cody vs Shawn Spears
    Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevara

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    first tournament matches announced:

Cody vs Shawn Spears
    Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevara
    Other half announced tonight and I believe these four are involved in a tag match tonight.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized spudz and slutty are two different posters.

Neat

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    faboo andre was ridiculous. hope he stayed around. modern day jimmy del ray

Banned
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it seems weird to post an MLW episode in here. But its relevant. Mance Warner beats MJF in a "Loser Leaves MLW" Empty Arena Match. So yeah, sure looks like MJF is going full-time on AEW and won't be making anymore shots for MLW.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Just saw a guy on Matts twitter claim WWE copied the boneyard match from AEW.

Of all the hot takes from AEW uber marks that may be the most ridiculous yet.

Matt has been there 2 weeks, They don't own the rights to his previous body of work.

Morons.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guevara is growing on me. Archer is not.

Archer/Roberts is making me think of Curtis Axel/Heyman.

Banned
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Guevara is growing on me. Archer is not.

Archer/Roberts is making me think of Curtis Axel/Heyman.
    Except for the fact that Heyman was never a wrestler, doesn't make any of his men look average sized by being 6'5 with an athlete's frame, and that Archer has more talent than Axel ever had and he already has more charisma and more big match experience than Axel will ever live to get.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wouldn't mind seeing Heath Miller (Slater) as the one to team up with Shawn Spears

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's so deep.

Banned
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly completely AEW related, but if anyone's played Streets of Rage 4, it seems like the game developers really are either big wrestling fans or just fans of Pockets. There's a whole enemy type in that game who attack you with just kicks and the like and never take their hands out of their pockets.

Also, wasn't Kenny Omega involved in the marketing for this game? I guess it all makes sense now that I think about it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were some injuries at this week's Dynamite. Britt Baker suffered an injury to her knee. It's suspected she could have a torn ACL, but they're waiting for her to get an MRI.

It was obvious that Fenix got got banged up on that dive, but he's still expected to compete at Double or Nothing.

Matt Jackson may have broken a rib from the cross body he did during the brawl at the end of the show. They're waiting for an update, but he'll likely still be at DoN.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/rumo...or-a-long-time

https://ewrestling.com/article/aew-s...r-nothing-2020

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Rough news re: Britt Baker who has been one of the breakout stars of the coronavirus era.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Anyone else watch Dark? I hadn't seen it for months, but watched most of this week's. Haven't seen the main event yet. Taz is great on commentary and I love having a 2-man booth.

Just a few wrestling matches, no nonsense. I really found it quite fun.

And I was quite impressed with the Dark Order chap, the one with the mask and the beard. He moves really well and is pretty smooth.

Might watch Dark a bit more often.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange Cassidy saves this show. I also noticed a conspicuously blue haired woman just off to the side. Further confirming my suspicion that Leva Bates is working behind the scenes.

Last edited by Sasori; Yesterday at 4:47 PM.

You scream "VIRTUE SIGNALING!" because you can't wrap your head around one type of person wanting things to be better for another type of person.
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except for the fact that Heyman was never a wrestler, doesn't make any of his men look average sized by being 6'5 with an athlete's frame, and that Archer has more talent than Axel ever had and he already has more charisma and more big match experience than Axel will ever live to get.
    Also Heyman would be putting the wrestler over. Don't get me wrong, Jake can still cut a one of a kind promo and really get...himself...over. But what Archer needs is a Heyman.