Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 1518

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    Well to his credit Vince at least had women rasslin women even if everything didn't always come up smelling Roses to the SJW's.
    From 2006 to 2017 was barely women wrestling. Beth and Nat carried that division and Nat was just ok.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEETH View Post
    From 2006 to 2017 was barely women wrestling. Beth and Nat carried that division and Nat was just ok.
    You can slice it up how you want but 2006-2017 was still better than anything I've seen out of AEW's women. Does it even matter what Vince did? Let's talk about TNA. When they introduced the Knockouts division it hit the ground running and was very very good. Honestly it's the most consistently good part of the company even today.

I don't get why everything has to be compared to what Vince does. Vince runs a wrestling promotion unlike any on the planet. Those of you who keep going "Well Vince did this, WWE did this so AEW should get some leeway" Fuck that. And to be honest, if their women's division is the worst part of the show oh well. AEW has plenty for us to love right now, we can give it time.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEETH View Post
    Well I was just making what Mark Hammil said his kid called a "dad joke" about Nyla Rose

I must agree that AEW has hardly produced much of a 'Women's Division' that I can even see as a casual watcher. They seem to have about 4 regular girls. One, Britt Baker, with a defined character. I myself am not into 91 pound Japanese wrestlers who look 12 years old (God, I'm turning into Jim Cornette in my old age....)

IMO, bring back that 'Hell's Own Harlot' chick, at least she's excellent eye candy.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2020 there's no excuse not to have talented women at your disposal.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was just making what Mark Hammil said his kid called a "dad joke" about Nyla Rose

I must agree that AEW has hardly produced much of a 'Women's Division' that I can even see as a casual watcher. They seem to have about 4 regular girls. One, Britt Baker, with a defined character. I myself am not into 91 pound Japanese wrestlers who look 12 years old (God, I'm turning into Jim Cornette in my old age....)

IMO, bring back that 'Hell's Own Harlot' chick, at least she's excellent eye candy.
    But also...

Either my libido went way down or WWE stopped selling sex as much because I don't find any of the wrestlers sexy.
    Perhaps Charley Caruso....

Weird thread in any case. I said it before but it bears repeating: I watch wrestling for wrestling. There's better places to see sexy people these days, if that's ones goal.
    Guess the libido's gone up...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    MJF is a gem.

Although I'm of the opinion that if somebody from WWE were to do this... like AJ Styles or Garza... the masses would cry for blood and call for them to be fired immediately.
    Not fully sold on him yet. I need to go back maybe watch more stuff from him. I think Sammy G in roles reversed might come off better.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit late to the party thanks to ITV but JAKE THE FUCKING SNAKE??????

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen a snake fuck before, but if you have a snake named Jake and it's fucking, can you send me some video?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I've never seen a snake fuck before, but if you have a snake named Jake and it's fucking, can you send me some video?
    I have a lady friend who keeps a ton of snakes so could ask her but tbh you’re probably better off going to a zoo.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    But also...

Guess the libido's gone up...
    Goes to show how un-sexy the WWE girls are these days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    In 2020 there's no excuse not to have talented women at your disposal.
    The main problem is that WWE or Impact have all of the best women wrestling on the planet under contract, for at least five years at least. Another attempt by Vince McMahon and WWE to control the industry. Smart business, really, on their part.

Are you saying that Doctor Brit Baker isn't talented? Because in my opinion, her heel shtick is the best gimmick in the Women's division, in my opinion. Her running down the fans for having bad teeth. Getting Tony Shiavone a no whip, skinny lattee because he's fat, and he doesn't want to give him WORSE teeth than he has, is just funny as hell. I loved it. Tony had this, "Hey, I WANTED whipped cream on my latte, god damn it" look on his face. Lol.

Statlander is a wack gimmick, where she boops people's nose. Nyla Rose is dominant, but her matches are boring. Most big women don't have exciting matches.

And the imports from New Japan wrestling are just...bland as fuck. Not to be racist or anything, but everyone in NJPW just seems to look the same to me. They're all great wrestlers, but who are they? Some of them have cocky gimmicks and looks, blonde hair like Okada. None of the New Japan women in AEW really have shticks or anything. Unless you want to call a Japanese woman pretending to be Freddy Mercury with a mic stand a gimmick.

Being a good wrestler isn't enough. You need to have a shtick. A gimmick, if ya weeeeeeeellllllll (Dusty Rhodes-ism, bebbe) Probably why I don't really care for Adam Cole and Seth Rollins. They're kind of in the "good wrestler but cocky douchebag" pile, if that's a gimmick, I guess.
    Last edited by xtHeWalLsOfJeRiChOx; March 9th, 2020 at 2:29 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xtHeWalLsOfJeRiChOx View Post
    The main problem is that WWE or Impact have all of the best women wrestling on the planet under contract, for at least five years at least. Another attempt by Vince McMahon and WWE to control the industry. Smart business, really, on their part.

Are you saying that Doctor Brit Baker isn't talented? Because in my opinion, her heel shtick is the best gimmick in the Women's division, in my opinion. Her running down the fans for having bad teeth. Getting Tony Shiavone a no whip, skinny lattee because he's fat, and he doesn't want to give him WORSE teeth than he has, is just funny as hell. I loved it. Tony had this, "Hey, I WANTED whipped cream on my latte, god damn it" look on his face. Lol.

Statlander is a wack gimmick, where she boops people's nose. Nyla Rose is dominant, but her matches are boring. Most big women don't have exciting matches.

And the imports from New Japan wrestling are just...bland as fuck. Not to be racist or anything, but everyone in NJPW just seems to look the same to me. They're all great wrestlers, but who are they? Some of them have cocky gimmicks and looks, blonde hair like Okada. None of the New Japan women in AEW really have shticks or anything. Unless you want to call a Japanese woman pretending to be Freddy Mercury with a mic stand a gimmick.

Being a good wrestler isn't enough. You need to have a shtick. A gimmick, if ya weeeeeeeellllllll (Dusty Rhodes-ism, bebbe) Probably why I don't really care for Adam Cole and Seth Rollins. They're kind of in the "good wrestler but cocky douchebag" pile, if that's a gimmick, I guess.
    I'm not a fan of Britt Baker at all. I think her shtick is better suited for the WWF 1994-1995 era. It's not clever, her insults are very very basic and dated. This is a situation where having a "gimmick" backfired completely plus she's very bland in the ring.

I think it appears like the WWE and TNA have all the good women but I don't agree. They're just the 2 biggest US companies with females so it appears that the only good people are already signed but look at a talent like Mercedes Martinez. She's a vet and was just signed a few months ago to NXT. So the talent is out there I just think AEW are not dead set on having a quality women's division at this moment. I hope it'll come, if not it's not a deal breaker.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britt Baker to me is like Chelsea Green. Everything about her... from her name, to her promos, to her wrestling... is incredibly bland.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question re: The Best Friends tag team. Not overly familiar but watching a youtube video, I heard Jim Cornette refer to them as the Ambiguously Gay Duo and saw someone in the comments say they are like Billy & Chuck but gayer. Having not seen them at all, just wondering if this is people being homophobic to dudes showing affection/emotion/whatever or if their gimmick is actually that they're maybe gay and just not out about it?

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question re: The Best Friends tag team. Not overly familiar but watching a youtube video, I heard Jim Cornette refer to them as the Ambiguously Gay Duo and saw someone in the comments say they are like Billy & Chuck but gayer. Having not seen them at all, just wondering if this is people being homophobic to dudes showing affection/emotion/whatever or if their gimmick is actually that they're maybe gay and just not out about it?
    absolutely just ignorant, mouth-breathing cornette and his fans. outside of the hug they do, there's pretty much nothing that could be construed as even teetering on homoerotic. and even then, the hug has zero sexuality to it. it's just cornette making his cool twenty year old references and being edgy.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    lol there's not even a hint of homoeroticism in their act

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had suspected as much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had suspected as much.
    But they still fucking suck.

So, gay duo or no gay duo, they're not worth watching.

Trent? No Last Name Given looks like an actual athlete.

The Invisible Hand Grenade Fucktard Chuck "The Kentucky Gentleman" Taylor looks like a Frankenstein monster who just woke up, can't lock up, has a shitty, lazy Irish whip, has a body that looks like its made of mashed potatoes poured into a set of tights, and he has all the charisma of a dead fish drying out in the sun. He looks like he should be selling you popcorn in the arena or parking your car, not wrestling competitive matches with PAC. He's the drizzling shits with a haircut that looks like it was perpetrated with an angry pair of gardening shears by a barber who wasn't paying attention.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    absolutely just ignorant, mouth-breathing cornette and his fans. outside of the hug they do, there's pretty much nothing that could be construed as even teetering on homoerotic. and even then, the hug has zero sexuality to it. it's just cornette making his cool twenty year old references and being edgy.
    AEW did do a video for them once, where they were holding hands and literally tip-toeing through the fucking tulips, dude.

That's pretty damn gay, if you ask me.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    AEW did do a video for them once, where they were holding hands and literally tip-toeing through the fucking tulips, dude.

That's pretty damn gay, if you ask me.
    considering your shit-tastic history of awful opinions, who the fuck would ever think to ask you on this matter.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    their entrance video has a bunch of people grabbing a friend or loved ones hand, with two little children seen running to a field. none of them are trent or chuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsCnxkoWIo8

in the lead up to all out on one of the road to shows they did a piece on them that started with them slow motion walking across a park to do their hug spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqdmj3ouwQM

outside of the weird all denim outfits, again, nothing very homoerotic.

but ha ha, tip-toeing through the tulips! GAY EUPHEMISM DO YA GET IT GUYS. tiny tim probably wasnt even gay, so the reference is even dumber. again, why would anybody want your input on these kind of topics.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even particularly care.

I just like seeing Morrison get his little bitchy panties in a twist.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even particularly care.

I just like seeing Morrison get his little bitchy panties in a twist.
    lol. you're so awful.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Also a proven Racist, Homophobe, Transphobe and all round cunt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. you're so awful.
    Yeah, I'm an inhuman monster.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Also he says fucktard a lot, Also one of James Es faves

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slutty Macwhoreface View Post
    Also he says fucktard a lot, Also one of James Es faves
    Total coincidence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't try to argue the latter two, but when have I ever been a racist?

Racists suck.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Wibble

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wibble
    Wobble?

Weebles wibble wobble but they don't fall down.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't try to argue the latter two, but when have I ever been a racist?

Racists suck.
    the stupid godzilla references and gifs anytime riho shows up. you also called carmella a 'spoda be bitch,' which is a racist as fuck phrase, even if you are using it towards a white girl. you're not saying blatantly racist shit, but that's the problem with all the problematic shit you say. you're too simple to realize you're saying something offensive or tone deaf.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the stupid godzilla references and gifs anytime riho shows up. you also called carmella a 'spoda be bitch,' which is a racist as fuck phrase, even if you are using it towards a white girl. you're not saying blatantly racist shit, but that's the problem with all the problematic shit you say. you're too simple to realize you're saying something offensive or tone deaf.
    Oh yeah. I forgot I used to call Carmella a "spoda".

That was fun.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually had to look up the term "spoda" because I'm half black, my mother's family, all black folks. Never once in 38 years heard that term so that's either some weird shit you white people came up with because you weren't satisfied with the other 900 nicknames you keep coming up with over the last century (IMPRESSIVE!) or it's just a barely used term.

If it's some RACIST AS FUCK term, which looking it up doesn't seem as bad as most of the words used toward my people but hey let's sit back and watch the white folks virtue signal each other it's actually more entertaining than anything in AEW.

You need to stop pretending like you're not either. It's annoying as fuck.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved those animated sketches.

Best Friends' gimmick is basically 2 guys poking fun at people who are insecure about gay folks. It's like when we did that "sexiest wrestler" thread and a bunch of straight dudes were trying to be clever talking about how sexy Finn Balor looks. In reality it's kind of like we're making fun of gay people but not in a "LET'S MAKE FUN OF THEM AND THEN BEAT THEM TO DEATH FOR BEING QUEERS!!" I mean, if someone tried to tell me that gay folks don't talk shit and joke about straight folks then you're living in a fucking fantasy world. There's a line, Best Friends haven't crossed it. I actually agree that this is like Billy and Chuck but B & C were definitely "gayer" than Best Friends.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW has announced that they are introducing a TNT Championship. The champion will be crowned via tournament that will start next month.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Cool!

I never really thought of the Best Friends as a gay gimmick. Just two straight dudes who are comfortable being affectionate with each other.

Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing a tournament is a great way to fill TV time over the next couple months. I wonder if they moved up the introduction of the TV title because of the crisis?

As far as the Best Friends, I've always seen their gimmick as just being "Dude Bros". Sounds like people are projecting more than anything else.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first tournament matches announced:

Cody vs Shawn Spears
    Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevara

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    first tournament matches announced:

Cody vs Shawn Spears
    Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevara
    Other half announced tonight and I believe these four are involved in a tag match tonight.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized spudz and slutty are two different posters.

Neat

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    faboo andre was ridiculous. hope he stayed around. modern day jimmy del ray

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it seems weird to post an MLW episode in here. But its relevant. Mance Warner beats MJF in a "Loser Leaves MLW" Empty Arena Match. So yeah, sure looks like MJF is going full-time on AEW and won't be making anymore shots for MLW.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Just saw a guy on Matts twitter claim WWE copied the boneyard match from AEW.

Of all the hot takes from AEW uber marks that may be the most ridiculous yet.

Matt has been there 2 weeks, They don't own the rights to his previous body of work.

Morons.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guevara is growing on me. Archer is not.

Archer/Roberts is making me think of Curtis Axel/Heyman.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Guevara is growing on me. Archer is not.

Archer/Roberts is making me think of Curtis Axel/Heyman.
    Except for the fact that Heyman was never a wrestler, doesn't make any of his men look average sized by being 6'5 with an athlete's frame, and that Archer has more talent than Axel ever had and he already has more charisma and more big match experience than Axel will ever live to get.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wouldn't mind seeing Heath Miller (Slater) as the one to team up with Shawn Spears

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's so deep.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly completely AEW related, but if anyone's played Streets of Rage 4, it seems like the game developers really are either big wrestling fans or just fans of Pockets. There's a whole enemy type in that game who attack you with just kicks and the like and never take their hands out of their pockets.

Also, wasn't Kenny Omega involved in the marketing for this game? I guess it all makes sense now that I think about it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were some injuries at this week's Dynamite. Britt Baker suffered an injury to her knee. It's suspected she could have a torn ACL, but they're waiting for her to get an MRI.

It was obvious that Fenix got got banged up on that dive, but he's still expected to compete at Double or Nothing.

Matt Jackson may have broken a rib from the cross body he did during the brawl at the end of the show. They're waiting for an update, but he'll likely still be at DoN.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/rumo...or-a-long-time

https://ewrestling.com/article/aew-s...r-nothing-2020

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Rough news re: Britt Baker who has been one of the breakout stars of the coronavirus era.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Anyone else watch Dark? I hadn't seen it for months, but watched most of this week's. Haven't seen the main event yet. Taz is great on commentary and I love having a 2-man booth.

Just a few wrestling matches, no nonsense. I really found it quite fun.

And I was quite impressed with the Dark Order chap, the one with the mask and the beard. He moves really well and is pretty smooth.

Might watch Dark a bit more often.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange Cassidy saves this show. I also noticed a conspicuously blue haired woman just off to the side. Further confirming my suspicion that Leva Bates is working behind the scenes.

Last edited by Sasori; June 3rd, 2020 at 4:47 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except for the fact that Heyman was never a wrestler, doesn't make any of his men look average sized by being 6'5 with an athlete's frame, and that Archer has more talent than Axel ever had and he already has more charisma and more big match experience than Axel will ever live to get.
    Also Heyman would be putting the wrestler over. Don't get me wrong, Jake can still cut a one of a kind promo and really get...himself...over. But what Archer needs is a Heyman.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britt Baker dodged a bullet with her injury but it appears Kris Statlander didn't. She suffered a knee injury on the dive to the outside on last week's Dynamite. She revealed it was a torn ACL, so she will be out of action for quite some time.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    That's really shitty news.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make a lot of fun of Kris Statlander for her goofy gimmick and her occasionally sloppy wrestling, but yeah, that sucks.

Middle of a world ending global pandemic and now she's out of work for several months.

Maybe she could pull a Tessa Blanchard and sell foot pics on an Onlyfans account to make some extra money. That's something she could do that wouldn't even require her to stand up.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    250,000 Covid cases linked to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally where Fozzy performed last month. Jericho's explanation for the appearance:

"We actually did four shows this week, and the reason for that is we had our ‘Save the World Tour,’ which was originally scheduled for April and May, but it got postponed to July and August, then got postponed to October and November. Four shows remained in August, and I was like ‘How?’ The shows are in South Dakota, and North Dakota, and we have one in Fort Madison, Iowa, which is right near the border of South Dakota. … The reason why the shows have happened is because these states of North Dakota and South Dakota have low COVID cases, less than 1,000 in both states, I think Florida had 9,000 today alone."
    https://prowrestlingrecord.com/2020/...-cases?ref=aew

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Demo God" my ass.

Chris Jericho is the "Covid God".

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    250,000 Covid cases linked to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally where Fozzy performed last month. Jericho's explanation for the appearance:

https://prowrestlingrecord.com/2020/...-cases?ref=aew
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...conomists-say/
    A group of economists drawing on cell phone data to track movements and Covid-19 case data estimate that the Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota in August could be responsible for 250,000 new Covid-19 cases, a startling figure that provides an early assessment of the effects of the large outdoor gathering, though the figure has not yet been corroborated by epidemiologists or officials.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All worth it to see Smashmouth.

*Coughs*... man, I feel a little woozy. Wonder what that's all about?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll put some stock in any of these reports when somebody has the balls to put out a report on how many new cases of covid-19 were caused and continue to be caused by mass 'peaceful protests' looting and destroying of our cities this summer.
    but of course that won't happen because of politics and fear of being sent in banishment to the modern day equivelant of the desert like Moses was.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll put some stock in any of these reports when somebody has the balls to put out a report on how many new cases of covid-19 were caused and continue to be caused by mass 'peaceful protests' looting and destroying of our cities this summer.
    but of course that won't happen because of politics and fear of being sent in banishment to the modern day equivelant of the desert like Moses was.
    I just posted an article debunking it in the Coronavirus thread in the asylum.
    https://reason.com/2020/09/09/no-the...ce=parsely-api
    There very well may be more cases that have been linked to the early August event, but so far, that's only 260 confirmed cases—about 0.1 percent of the number the IZA paper offers.

To get to the astronomical number of cases allegedly spread because of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, the researchers analyzed "anonymized cellphone data to track the smartphone pings from non-residents and movement of those before and after the event," notes Newsweek. "The study then linked those who attended and traveled back to their home states, and compared changes in coronavirus trends after the rally's conclusion."

Essentially, the researchers assumed that new spikes in cases in areas where people went post-rally must have been caused by those rally attendees, despite there being no particular evidence that this was the case. The paper, which has not been peer-reviewed, failed to account for simultaneous happenings—like schools in South Dakota reopening, among other things—that could have contributed to coronavirus spread in some of the studied areas.

The researchers also assumed a $46,000 price tag for each person infected to calculate the $12.2 billion public health cost of the event—but this figure would only make sense if every person had a severe case requiring hospitalization.

The results of the IZA paper "do not align with what we know," South Dakota epidemiologist Joshua Clayton said at a Tuesday news briefing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A rather random rant passing through. I was listening to a bit of JIm Cornette's podcast (have done so in the past also) and he still rags on Moxley for being a "Stone Cold Cosplay". I guess since MJF said the same thing during his campaign, it has stuck. But the funny thing to me is that Moxley and Stone Cold are nothing alike. They don't move the same, they don't dress the same, they certainly don't talk the same. And they don't have any of the same moves or mannerisms. Even the way Mox will give the finger to someone is more "haha, fuck you" as opposed to "FUCK YOU IMMA KILL YOU" . Moxley comes out at random points in the arena, whereas Austin would come out through the main entrance more often than not from what I recall. So, I don't get it.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Austin had talent, Moxley doesn't.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything, Mox is more "Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman. But, because we don't live in an age of kayfabe anymore, nobody believes Mox is dangerously insane.

People bought into Pillman. I doubt Mox could work shoot his way out of a contract and eventually into a more lucrative one. Mox will never have an "I respect you, Booker Man!" moment.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For over 20 years anyone who displayed a "Fuck you" attitude toward everyone=Stone Cold Steve Austin. All Stone Cold was doing was the same thing Diesel was doing in late 95-the rest of his career. Never taking sides, only the side that pays the most. Austin was obviously more of a babyface but you get the point.

Moxley is Austin in a very generic sense but it's something he's conveyed over the years.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Austin had talent, Moxley doesn't.
    Maybe that's a preference perspective but he clearly does have talent. He's a gifted talker, and has shown he's capable of working different types of styles in the ring. He's probably better suited to work as a brawler, but he can put on working shoes. Won't be great at it, but he's more than serviceable.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donald bless him isn’t exactly objective when it comes to Moxley/Ambrose.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Naka!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun fact. All 3 members of the Shield have been #1 on the PWI 500. In the same exact order they won the World title for the first time (Seth, Roman, Ambrose).

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder when and where we will see a Shield reunion! Hopefully AEW ​not.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder when and where we will see a Shield reunion! Hopefully AEW ​not.
    lol.

"not" like a hidden track

Working us or not I don't think that Jericho spouting off that they don't care what WWE does despite every single week, multiple segments, are nothing but direct shots at the WWE. You don't hear much out of WWE. Definitely not on air. I think all that comes to mind is the DX Hall of Fame induction in early 2019.....I thought maybe it was because they were always losing on Wednesday but then I remembered they weren't exactly silent when they were losing to Nitro.

They're smart (WWE). They acknowledge AEW, it makes this more legit when we all know it's not really numbers to be bragging about. WWE were dicks for putting NXT on the same night, because most of us know that you're watching AEW live and watching NXT on a streaming service later just like it was in the 90's with taping one and watching the other live.

Jericho is right in that NXT should stay on Tuesdays or hell maybe even Thursday. In these situations it feels like WWE are going to stubborn and keep NXT on Wednesday nights. But neither company can truly be proud of the numbers. These are numbers we dragged TNA through the mud for years for having not even 5 years ago, on channels nobody fucking had.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only times I recall AEW being mentioned is, like you said, during the HOF last year, and that segment with Sami Zayn where he said "You could've asked me about AEW" on RAW from late last year..

In my advertising class in college, I was taught never to mention any competition. But hey, WWE mentioned WCW an awful lot in the late 90s, didn't they.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only times I recall AEW being mentioned is, like you said, during the HOF last year, and that segment with Sami Zayn where he said "You could've asked me about AEW" on RAW from late last year..

In my advertising class in college, I was taught never to mention any competition. But hey, WWE mentioned WCW an awful lot in the late 90s, didn't they.
    That was because it was a real war, it was real competition. That was Vince McMahon v. Ted Turner. Nobody knows who the fuck Tony Khan is and everyone else on the board are people who never really worked for WWE and Cody Rhodes w/ Wife.

I think Vince and everyone else involved including USA Network thought if NXT was on the same night they would be "winning". Completely forgetting they were going to show it the next night lol. If this were a Raw-SD situation, where you have to wait a month we might be seeing a completely different ratings war. It's not like people weren't saying for like 2 years+ that NXT should be on tv, fuck Raw, fuck Smackdown NXT is the GOAT!!

But again, like back in the day, if you can tape one, and watch the other, that's all we're seeing in this day and age. Instead of VCR tapes we have streaming service and DVR. Thank God, so sick of the times I would fuck up and the tape to record on the wrong time and not have it on Channel 3 lol.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I watched Nitro, it would be during a commercial break, but as soon as RAW was back on it stayed that way.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I watched Nitro, it would be during a commercial break, but as soon as RAW was back on it stayed that way.
    I definitely believe that both brands had loyal fans. There's a reason when Nitro went off the air Raw didn't blow up and got worse. The fans who were switching back and forth started to leave and the die hard WCW fans didn't give a shit enough to stay and watch Chuck Palumbo and Shane Helms on Raw.

Shit, the only reason I paid attention to WCW from like the end of 99-death was to see Kevin Nash and Insane Clown Posse. Not saying I didn't give a shit about anyone else but even people I liked such as Booker T, they were doing stupid fucking shit for so long it didn't really matter unless they were working with Nash lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW can't (and probably shouldn't) feel too good about beating NXT when they're head-to-head on Wednesday nights.

AEW Dynamite is AEW's biggest, most important flagship program. And on the weeks they're winning, they're winning with about 200,000 fans (200,000 fans that Jim Cornette always takes credit for on his podcasts, funny enough) barely pulling out a win over WWE's farm league TV show.

Its like the MLB getting super excited because one of their games got better ratings than the local minor league games.

I'm not saying NXT is amateur hour or bad wrestling. There's some great stuff on NXT TV. Last week's episode with the NXT World Title Match and Ripley/Mercedes in a cage was one of the best episodes of weekly wrestling TV I've seen in a long time. It was fantastic.

But that's not every week.

Right now, NXT is taping in a gym in front of a bunch of wrestling school trainees.

AEW is in a major football stadium with real fans back in the stands. They've got Chris Jericho, Jon Moxley, Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, The Bucks, Matt Cardona (not big in WWE, but he's huge on Youtube and that's a big deal these days), Tay Conti (who's huge on Instagram), Vicki Guerrero, Jim Ross, and Tony Schiavone. That's a Hell of a talent roster.

They should be crushing NXT, no matter how many indie darlings they sign. The contrast in star power is night and day. Its like comparing Metallica to "Metal Militia - Rochester New York's Number 1, Award Winning Metallica Tribute Band".

Its not even close.

But the ratings are always close.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW can't (and probably shouldn't) feel too good about beating NXT when they're head-to-head on Wednesday nights.

AEW Dynamite is AEW's biggest, most important flagship program. And on the weeks they're winning, they're winning with about 200,000 fans (200,000 fans that Jim Cornette always takes credit for on his podcasts, funny enough) barely pulling out a win over WWE's farm league TV show.

Its like the MLB getting super excited because one of their games got better ratings than the local minor league games.

I'm not saying NXT is amateur hour or bad wrestling. There's some great stuff on NXT TV. Last week's episode with the NXT World Title Match and Ripley/Mercedes in a cage was one of the best episodes of weekly wrestling TV I've seen in a long time. It was fantastic.

But that's not every week.

Right now, NXT is taping in a gym in front of a bunch of wrestling school trainees.

AEW is in a major football stadium with real fans back in the stands. They've got Chris Jericho, Jon Moxley, Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, The Bucks, Matt Cardona (not big in WWE, but he's huge on Youtube and that's a big deal these days), Tay Conti (who's huge on Instagram), Vicki Guerrero, Jim Ross, and Tony Schiavone. That's a Hell of a talent roster.

They should be crushing NXT, no matter how many indie darlings they sign. The contrast in star power is night and day. Its like comparing Metallica to "Metal Militia - Rochester New York's Number 1, Award Winning Metallica Tribute Band".

Its not even close.

But the ratings are always close.
    Jericho even said this from the start. AEW SHOULD be getting better ratings because despite NXT having some really good talent, AEW has quite a few known stars in comparison. The reality is that NXT is still quasi-developmental and AEW is a "finished product" so to speak.

Right now both companies are fighting for wrestling fans, not casuals who take their kids once in a decade to a show or the fan that watches when he's bored, but the die hard wrestling fans that are still tuning in despite pro wrestling not being hot. I know a lot of us are trying to force a MNW, it ain't happening. We're just as bad as Vince forcing Roman Reigns down our throats. It has to be an organic path. Vince and Ted didn't plan the 90's, if they did you'd think they would've started sooner than 1996 considering how bad 91-95 was.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW vs. NXT isn't a Wednesday Night War.

Its a Wednesday Night Tickle Fight, compared to when wrestling was actually hot.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW vs. NXT isn't a Wednesday Night War.

Its a Wednesday Night Tickle Fight, compared to when wrestling was actually hot.
    Oh yeah I use the word "war" loosely. Like when two opposing families have the potato sack race at the local park every year lol.

This is like if ECW were going "Fuck you Jakked!"

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah I use the word "war" loosely. Like when two opposing families have the potato sack race at the local park every year lol.

This is like if ECW were going "Fuck you Jakked!"
    Jakked was actually pretty good for a few years. Anytime WWF had an undercard roster worth a shit, Jakked and/or Metal were worth watching.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never knew what channel or day or time jakked or metal were on

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never knew what channel or day or time jakked or metal were on
    When I was a kid, it was always Saturday morning after the cartoons were over on our WB affiliate.

I'd tape it, watch WCW Worldwide, and then stay up late watching Jakked/Metal after WCW Saturday Night got over at 9. Or maybe 10?

I sort of miss the syndicated shows. You didn't get great wrestling, but you had a chance to see underneath guys work longer matches and it was always a showcase for local talents, which was always fun.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was a kid, it was always Saturday morning after the cartoons were over on our WB affiliate.

I'd tape it, watch WCW Worldwide, and then stay up late watching Jakked/Metal after WCW Saturday Night got over at 9. Or maybe 10?

I sort of miss the syndicated shows. You didn't get great wrestling, but you had a chance to see underneath guys work longer matches and it was always a showcase for local talents, which was always fun.
    That's why I hope the Network adds more WCW Saturday Night shows from the mid-late 90's. Right now they just have the pre-Nitro era which is cool but that was their flagship show forever.

Jakked/Metal and Worldwide were shows I never got here in Des Moines. Sometimes I'll be watching Youtube and people will upload their VHS recordings so I'll get to see a lot of stuff that aired in syndication. The best we were able to get were the obvious, Velocity and Heat lol. Not even a Shotgun Saturday Night

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why I hope the Network adds more WCW Saturday Night shows from the mid-late 90's. Right now they just have the pre-Nitro era which is cool but that was their flagship show forever.

Jakked/Metal and Worldwide were shows I never got here in Des Moines. Sometimes I'll be watching Youtube and people will upload their VHS recordings so I'll get to see a lot of stuff that aired in syndication. The best we were able to get were the obvious, Velocity and Heat lol. Not even a Shotgun Saturday Night
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAX...2vVS64YUA4uEYQ

Sort By- Oldest - You'll see WWF 1998, by month. Those are every WWF Shotgun Saturday Night/WWF New York ever, from what I can tell.

Most of them include commercials and ad-reads from the time.

Its a real nostalgia trip.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that VK Wallstreet is gone from the WWE I wonder if the Dark Order will bring him in as the dad of Brodie Lee. Then Brodie Lee will reveal it wasn't a Vince parody but a Shane parody. Mr. Brodie Lee will then take shots at The Fiend for having Fiend's father IRS in the Dark Order.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WCW's Saturday Night shows, by about 1998, were like grab bags of abject misery.

You might get a wonderful cruiserweight match between two super talented guys. Or you might get Jim Duggan and Erik Watts vs. William Regal and Dave Taylor. You might get Chris Jericho vs. Billy Kidman or you might get Curly Bill and Curt Hennig vs. High Voltage. It was like somebody threw darts into a locker room and booked the guys they hit, at random.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAX...2vVS64YUA4uEYQ

Sort By- Oldest - You'll see WWF 1998, by month. Those are every WWF Shotgun Saturday Night/WWF New York ever, from what I can tell.

Most of them include commercials and ad-reads from the time.

Its a real nostalgia trip.
    The best part about these uploads are the commercials. You want a weird trip? Watch the commercials for the old All Japan shows:

WCW's Saturday Night shows, by about 1998, were like grab bags of abject misery.

You might get a wonderful cruiserweight match between two super talented guys. Or you might get Jim Duggan and Erik Watts vs. William Regal and Dave Taylor. You might get Chris Jericho vs. Billy Kidman or you might get Curly Bill and Curt Hennig vs. High Voltage. It was like somebody threw darts into a locker room and booked the guys they hit, at random.
    lol yep. Typical WCW. I was just watching a WCW Nitro stream of a Sept 1996 show and one of the matches was Scott Norton v. Dave Taylor and then they had Konnan in a mask v. VK Wallstreet.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucha Konnan vs. Southern Heel VK Wallstreet is like trying to mix acids and bases as far as wrestling chemistry goes.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, Jim Cornette buries Miro and Brodie Lee a lot. Are they that bad in AEW? He buries others too, like Kenny Omega, Bucks, and Orange Cassidy, but I'm not as familiar with them.

Miro, I believe, has only ever wrestled for WWE right? Maybe that's a cause of issue, he doesn't know any other way.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, Jim Cornette buries Miro and Brodie Lee a lot. Are they that bad in AEW? He buries others too, like Kenny Omega, Bucks, and Orange Cassidy, but I'm not as familiar with them.

Miro, I believe, has only ever wrestled for WWE right? Maybe that's a cause of issue, he doesn't know any other way.
    Pretty much Miro's been strictly WWE. He worked for a few small promotions for about a year before signing with the WWE in 2010.

With Cornette A-he probably wasn't a big fan of Rusev in WWE and B-he's shitting on the tag match from last week which did fucking suck. I don't think he shit on Miro too much, it was mostly Joey Janella and Sonny Kiss that he shit on.

Brodie Lee....Again he probably wasn't a fan of what he saw in WWE-if he saw anything. Or he just doesn't think he's very good. I agree with some of the stuff people do say about how these big dudes in AEW wrestling like Kenny Omega flying around and shit just makes no sense or having competitive matches with talent half their size.....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious where this "who attacked Matt Hardy" angle will go. Is there going to be a big reveal, or will it turn out to be Jericho in the end? Or will the drop it immediately? Hmm...

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knowing Matt, it's going to Maxell, Wolfgang, and Senior Benjamin who attacked him, thus setting up a 1 on 3 match at the next PPV. The match will take place entirely in a row boat.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious where this "who attacked Matt Hardy" angle will go. Is there going to be a big reveal, or will it turn out to be Jericho in the end? Or will the drop it immediately? Hmm...
    Shit I didn't even know there was a question as to who it was I thought that was the "joke". That Jericho did it but he's playing dumb. Jericho and Hardy should do a program together. They've never worked a program together ever even after being in the same company pretty much 20+ years.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah me too, I mean they’ve do the Hardy/Jericho/ Inner circle stuff already. Maybe it was MJF?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Yeah me too, I mean they’ve do the Hardy/Jericho/ Inner circle stuff already. Maybe it was MJF?
    Yet they interrupted a Matt Hardy segment last week.....Are we all watching the same show?

Matt feuded with the lackey and now he's about to feud with the leader. Again, are we all watching the same show?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not. I watch the Masked Singer on Wednesdays now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet they interrupted a Matt Hardy segment last week.....Are we all watching the same show?

Matt feuded with the lackey and now he's about to feud with the leader. Again, are we all watching the same show?
    He’s already feuded with Jericho though?

Yes I am watching the same show

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    He’s already feuded with Jericho though?

Yes I am watching the same show
    They never had a singles match. All that they had was that giant multi-man stadium match. Then Matt had a couple matches with Sammy then got hurt. If you watched last week then how can you think that Matt is some other possible feud?

Jericho and Swagger were backstage when Matt was attacked. Then Jericho and Swagger face off against Private Party, who are "managed" by Matt. Then The Inner Circle interrupts a segment with Matt Hardy and Private Party.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope this Inner Circle stuff leads to MJF leading them and Jericho turning face. Nation of Domination style.