Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Juice and Toni were any darker it'd be offensive

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I fell asleep 10 minutes into this by accident.

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    A certain section of AEW fans are PISSED that Sasha didn't show and that announcing Toni wasn't a swerve

Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mox/Hangman was really pretty good. It was a nice surprise watching not bleeding after a few mins for once.

Loved Danielson/Takeshita. It’d be cool if Takeshita got some wins on TV too as very high on him.

Fun ladder match with some cool spots to top off the best-of-7 series.

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    A certain section of AEW fans are PISSED that Sasha didn't show and that announcing Toni wasn't a swerve
    Yeah, pissed something that wasn't advertised didn't happen. Sounds like wrestling fans.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh but some of the dirtsheets alluded to it being her so obviously it was supposed to happen.

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did those dirt sheets say "Sasha Banks will debut in AEW. If she doesn't, plans changed."?

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Did those dirt sheets say "Sasha Banks will debut in AEW. If she doesn't, plans changed."?
    lol probably.

I just read that after the women's tag match the lights went out, then a Rampage graphic popped up so the crowd booed. I would've given anything to be in that crowd just to laugh at those butthurt dorks. There are too many wrestling fans who are so entitled they think they can predict everything so when it doesn't happen they act like little kids. Not shocking considering Tony Khan has the same mentality.

I GOT MORE MONEY THAN EVERYONE NOW HUG ME DADDY CLAUDIO

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice to see Austin Jenkins back. Was worried he'd have to retire.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eh, it's understandable. tony, in interviews at the end of 2022, was playing coy saying he couldn't say anything about the mystery partner at the time, and when people brought up 'well maybe once the new year hits,' alluding to sasha's contract situation, he didn't say anything to make people think differently. then they announce toni as the partner while in the same breath setting up shida as feeling scorned for not being chosen. and they also have britt, in the sit down interview, call herself 'the boss' and wink at the fuckin camera.

they did the whole 'worst kept secret' think for the punk debut, so there's at least some history of AEW playing into fan expectations.

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah, I wonder if a deal fell through within the last couple of weeks, or else Tony did raise expectations to be fair.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it's reasonable to be annoyed, though i'm not. AEW is self-consciously the hardcore fan promotion, they work the fact that their core audience actively keeps up with all the dirt into their storylines, etc. they were obviously creating a plausible expectation when they shouldn't have.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Had been underwhelmed by AEW for a little while, but the last 2 episodes of Dynamite have been fantastic, helped by having super enthusiastic crowds.

Hangman and Mox was excellent, in particular, as was Takeshita and Danielson and match 7. Great to see Cole back too.

Onwards and upwards.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW are notorious for the bait and switch just like TNA were. My favorite TNA bait and switch was always "We have a former world champion debuting tomorrow!" Well then out comes Goldust and it's "He's a former WORLD TAG TEAM champion" lol.

AEW have done this many times. Never trust them when they start talking about a big surprise or anything like that. They don't hide shit very well and leak their stuff to the sheets so the internet can get buzzing.

I mean, if you haven't caught on that for the last 30 years every promotion from ECW to AEW have lived off the WWE's tit.

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Saw an article about CM Punk responding to MJF, something about ratings. Can someone provide a summary of what's going on here? Do they hate each other in real life?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well I was going to use money my MIL gave me for Christmas to go to Dynamite in March. But when I checked ticket prices this afternoon the cheapest tickets left are more than what she gave me and a good chunk of the show sections are all sold already with not a ton of sections left with tickets open. So made the choice easy enough to go to the indie show I want to go to in March instead.

Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw an article about CM Punk responding to MJF, something about ratings. Can someone provide a summary of what's going on here? Do they hate each other in real life?
    MJF vs. Punk won Feud of the Year but they blacked out Punk's name with tape on the plaque MJF was holding. Punk Tweeted something like, "Did they put a piece of tape over the ratings, too?"

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Punks a bitch

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punks a bitch
    But he's not wrong. That's what sucks. He might have a shit personality and have rubbed certain people the wrong way. But he's also very well liked in other circles.

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes he's well liked in circles containing other bitches.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Danielson vs Bandido - very early contender for MOTY?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Yes he's well liked in circles containing other bitches.
    A lot of hot bitches.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lethal vs Mark Briscoe to celebrate the life on Jay Briscoe on his birthday tomorrow on Dynamite.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Lethal vs Mark Briscoe to celebrate the life on Jay Briscoe on his birthday tomorrow on Dynamite.
    That's dope. I like when things line up on a wrestling night like this.

Hopefully people are snatching up that new Jay Briscoe shirt, all the loot goes toward his family.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I saw that. I also saw on a couple sites via my facebook feed a fundraising site has something set up as well.

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know why Warner was against Jay Briscoe appearing on their TV channels, but what was it about Mark? Just association?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think so since they were a team and brothers.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone link me to someone from WB stating they have issues with the Briscoes? I'm not saying it's not true, it makes sense, but I'm curious if there is actual proof or is this all guessing/Meltzer?

I also want to say this...People act like an apology or even several make everything better. We can compare apples to oranges, they allow this to happen but not this....I'm just saying people talk about how Jay apologized for what he's said in the past and it wasn't like he said something generic like "I'm not into homosexuality" no he pretty said you would get shot and killed if you tried to do X,Y,Z. And yeah he did apologize for it but many people apologize for fucked up shit they've said and it still killed their career. Not just in wrestling but in entertainment, in life, some stuff there's just no amount of apologizing that will work.

It's sad too because I fucking LOVE The Briscoes, especially Jay. When I started back up watching ROH again it was during the time when Kevin Owens was doing the SCUM stuff with Corino and Jay won the title off him. I wish more people would have seen them, whether that was WWE, TNA, AEW...doesn't matter. They were incredible.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am pretty sure Tony Khan has confirmed that he was not allowed to sign the Briscoes to AEW or use them on Dynamite or Rampage to build towards any of their ROH matches.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "WB is banning the Briscoes" story is a little too tin-foil conspiracy for my tastes, which leads me to believe it was sourced solely from Meltzer's ass and put out there to work easily perturbed wrestling fans.
    Seems a bit far-fetched that a major corporation would lay down such an edict for a performer who wasn't nearly the 'presence' of a subsidiary (and let's face it, niche) organization they only picked up about 5 years ago over something tweeted 10 years ago or whatever.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure Tony Khan has confirmed that he was not allowed to sign the Briscoes to AEW or use them on Dynamite or Rampage to build towards any of their ROH matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    The "WB is banning the Briscoes" story is a little too tin-foil conspiracy for my tastes, which leads me to believe it was sourced solely from Meltzer's ass and put out there to work easily perturbed wrestling fans.
    Seems a bit far-fetched that a major corporation would lay down such an edict for a performer who wasn't nearly the 'presence' of a subsidiary (and let's face it, niche) organization they only picked up about 5 years ago over something tweeted 10 years ago or whatever.
    See, the glaring issue for me is who is gassing up the Briscoes as a huge household name? Like who at WB is going "Oh yeah I remember hearing about those guys and their comments toward the LGBTQ+ community on Twitter YEARS ago!" It wasn't a national headline but it was a big deal in the wrestling community. You can even go through this thread I bet and see some pushback at the idea of the Briscoes coming over. It damn near killed Jay's career as ROH was very hesitant on even booking him. He might've been champion at the time of the comments I can't remember 100%. Again it's not like they were frowning on drag queens or making a shit joke that flopped, and sometimes that 2nd amendment can backfire.

I think wrestling fans on social media probably talked about the idea of AEW not being able to sign the Briscoes and someone was smartened up. To think, of all the shit that people have done and said that are currently signed to AEW or that have appeared and the existence of the company on national tv's deciding factor are 2 underground wrestling legends most people have never even heard of.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have tried to find the quote from Khan but again I am pretty sure I have read that he said he was not allowed to use them. They have been backstage in the past if I remember correctly early on after the ROH sale but then not used.

I can't see a world where Khan doesn't use them if he can to promote their matches with FTR so yeah not sure why Warner Media felt the need to keep them off tv when yeah all that shit happened a decade ago and not on people's radar. I had honestly forgotten about his tweet until it came up again when it was being said Khan was not allowed to sign them to AEW.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried to find the quote from Khan but again I am pretty sure I have read that he said he was not allowed to use them. They have been backstage in the past if I remember correctly early on after the ROH sale but then not used.

I can't see a world where Khan doesn't use them if he can to promote their matches with FTR so yeah not sure why Warner Media felt the need to keep them off tv when yeah all that shit happened a decade ago and not on people's radar. I had honestly forgotten about his tweet until it came up again when it was being said Khan was not allowed to sign them to AEW.
    Yeah I keep finding clips of him saying he wasn't allowed, but he doesn't by who or why. Was it actually Warner Media, or is he just saying he couldn't use them to avoid the possible backlash? Because again, he did get backlash just from the possibility of them showing up not from Warner but from wrestling fans. People were ready to unload on whatever big promotion signed them including WWE.

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We've all said stupid shit on the internet, in real life. I could see if he said it a month ago, but if it's a decade ago, why not re-evaluate the man.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've all said stupid shit on the internet, in real life. I could see if he said it a month ago, but if it's a decade ago, why not re-evaluate the man.
    What he said was a little beyond stupid though. Even if he was being an over the top redneck, the guy literally said he will fucking shoot you if you try to teach his kids there's nothing wrong with gay marriage. His apology was for public image purposes not just for him but ROH. He had to save face. Again, I'm a fan of the wrestling but his views didn't change because he had backlash on Twitter 10 years ago. He just learned how to navigate that shit better.

People even say oh you don't know what he did for gay wrestlers, naw what we know is that if Pat Patterson told his 3 kids gay marriage was ok, Jay wanted to fucking shoot him. It would be interesting to hear some of the LGBTQ+ wrestlers in AEW's thoughts on this, real thoughts. Ultimately I think it's more about the violence he was willing to showcase as opposed to being against the bill that was passed. That was Jamin Pugh using Jay Briscoe as an outlet and it ruined their careers. Mark isn't innocent here either.

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No doubt there's truth to his comments, one of the reasons I left WrestleCade before their match, but everyone and their mother, including Jim Cornette, says he was the nicest guy to everyone he met, no matter gay, straight, black, white, etc. But I guess no one wants to bad mouth in the wake of a passing.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt there's truth to his comments, one of the reasons I left WrestleCade before their match, but everyone and their mother, including Jim Cornette, says he was the nicest guy to everyone he met, no matter gay, straight, black, white, etc. But I guess no one wants to bad mouth in the wake of a passing.
    Yeah I mean I know countless people who frown on gay marriage, or homosexuality in general that are some of the nicest, giving people you'll ever meet.

They were rocking the confederate flag and shit so I mean....It's weird. A lot of us can look past that shit like I said this guy is one of my favorite ROH wrestlers, the tag-team is legendary always delivers. But those type of comments, you know if he's ballsy enough to post it he's already saying it elsewhere. The man wasn't stupid, he knew what he was doing he didn't have a million tweets this wasn't just some hot take among 200 other tweets that day.

Sad part is that I do feel like a man can change it's just that public is very hard to convince otherwise.

Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know the validity or specifics but I've read people saying he actually put the apology into action and did things for the LGBTQ+ community...

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I don't know the validity or specifics but I've read people saying he actually put the apology into action and did things for the LGBTQ+ community...
    I'm not saying you can't atone but does that still change what was said? See, for someone like me I've gotten past it because I know how people can be and I can separate the person from the art. It's why I can still watch Chris Benoit. It's why I can still watch Stone Cold despite him smacking up 2-3 of his ex-wives. But I also can understand how someone like my daughter might take someone I'm watching on tv saying that if she were to get married to her gf, and she told Jay Briscoe's kids that was ok......Would he REALLY kill someone? Probably not. But again, this is a guy who didn't tweet very often and he went out of his way for that.

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He said it was his character talking and not him, are the Briscoe characters known for having children?

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said it was his character talking and not him, are the Briscoe characters known for having children?
    Yeah I guess I didn't know that was part of the gimmick and I was watching ROH religiously during this time. He was a babyface for fuck's sake lol.

Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of when AJ got in trouble years ago for using slurs but at least that’s old history now.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Reminds me of when AJ got in trouble years ago for using slurs but at least that’s old history now.
    And people tried to bring that back up, just like they did with CM Punk when he was about to return. But I still think people will forgive you using slurs it's when you single out a group of people and say you'll fucking kill them. Like I don't remember Hulk Hogan saying he wanted to kill black people or CM Punk wanted to kill gay folks for doing something everyone else does.

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Are we talking AJ Styles or AJ Lee here, and why haven't I heard this.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking AJ Styles or AJ Lee here, and why haven't I heard this.
    Styles.

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh no that's not ok. Time to cancel AJ Styles

Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    The infamous promo was awhile back but he did reiterate his phobia in 2018 ("GAY COMMUNITY?!") which isn't really old history.