User Tag List

Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 109115116117118119
Results 11,801 to 11,855 of 11855

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

  1. #11801
    VILLANO XXXVII Sinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    An Independent Study
    Posts
    12,541
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    52716
    If it were me, I'd have the Joker be Steve Maclin since AEW loves beating Impact talent.

    For the ladies, I'd have it be Mia Yim and she would defeat Britt. Leading to an Adam Cole vs Keith Lee program where Keith Lee finally does something interesting in AEW. Adam Cole can lose to a hug again IDC

  2. #11802
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1238644
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Lol the IWC. Taking his comments at face value which I am Garganoís done with the biz.
    He's never once said he was done. They're both taking a break because they have a newborn.

  3. #11803
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,384
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1784672
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    He's never once said he was done. They're both taking a break because they have a newborn.
    Done for now I meant. Certainly not gonna be the Joker which was what I was laughing at.

    If he did come back to wrestling, I think in AEW he would get lost in the shuffle more than if he went back to NXT/WWE.

  4. #11804
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1238644
    usa
    Yeah, about the only thing you could do is split up Undisputed Elite and put Adam Cole and Red Dragon with Britt Baker and then The Bucks with Gargano and Lerae. They just started this Undisputed Elite thing though and I think the payoff is Omega coming back.

  5. #11805
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,384
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1784672
    I hope we eventually do get Hookhausen!

  6. #11806
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1238644
    usa
    Seems likely for next week. And the pop from HOOK's music hitting when Danhausen is being beat down will throw Nash into a fit that would make Jim Cornette jealous. I hope he doesn't have a heart attack.

  7. #11807
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1238644
    usa
    Jonah's done with Impact, I hope he's not coming to AEW. I've just never liked him. I'd rather see Jeff Cobb again.

  8. #11808
    Multiversal Champion OD50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stockholm, SWE
    Posts
    17,890
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    73124
    sweden
    I'm curious to know the win-loss record of guys from outside AEW (iMPACT, NJPW etc) against AEW wrestlers on Dynamite, Rampage and PPV. Not including something insignificant like (hypothetically) Minoru Suzuki defeating Peter Avalon on Dark or Elevation. I haven't followed AEW regularly in quite a long time so my knowledge is a bit off. I mostly catch some of the highlights on Youtube these days.

  9. #11809
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1238644
    usa

  10. #11810
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    43,704
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1668177
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Seems likely for next week. And the pop from HOOK's music hitting when Danhausen is being beat down will throw Nash into a fit that would make Jim Cornette jealous. I hope he doesn't have a heart attack.
    Sorry sweetheart I'm still alive. Unlike you I don't get all worked up over dudes who suck and wear make up.

  11. #11811
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1519994
    So you hated the Ultimate Warrior? I refuse to believe it.



    Everyone has a guilty pleasure.


    Some should just feel a lot guiltier than others.

  12. #11812
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    43,704
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1668177
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    So you hated the Ultimate Warrior? I refuse to believe it.



    Everyone has a guilty pleasure.


    Some should just feel a lot guiltier than others.
    Funny story about Warrior. When I was a kid I was a member of the WWF Fan Club. So you'd get the merch mag sent to your house. My mom asks me who my favorite wrestler is, I said Hogan (This was 1989-1990)

    So she orders me a poster and you'd get free shoelaces of either Hogan, Warrior, and I THINK Macho Man. So what does she do? She orders me a poster of Warrior, and I get Hogan shoelaces lol. I didn't hate Warrior but yeah I wasn't high on him.

    It was worse for my little bro, my mom had a thing for Marty Jannetty so she ordered him a Rockers poster just so she could walk by Marty every morning LOL. He was like 5 years old, no clue lol.

  13. #11813
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1519994
    Haha. Love the Jannetty stans. the Jannettes, I think they were called.


    With those 3, I was always a Macho Man guy, And I'd still rank Bonesaw Mcgraw as the greatest wrestling character from a movie.

  14. #11814
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1740737
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post

    With those 3, I was always a Macho Man guy, And I'd still rank Bonesaw Mcgraw as the greatest wrestling character from a movie.
    I'd agree with you, but then I'd think of the Revolting Blob and realize you're wrong.

  15. #11815
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1519994
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'd agree with you, but then I'd think of the Revolting Blob and realize you're wrong.
    Top 5 for sure, but over Bonesaw? Nay, I say. Nay.


    you could live your life by the credo "Bonesaw is reeeaaaady"

  16. #11816
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1519994
    Also, last place is the king guy from Ready to Rumble.

  17. #11817
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    43,704
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1668177
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Haha. Love the Jannetty stans. the Jannettes, I think they were called.


    With those 3, I was always a Macho Man guy, And I'd still rank Bonesaw Mcgraw as the greatest wrestling character from a movie.
    I think Macho Man was a bad guy at this time so I was probably like fuck that guy he's a douchebag.

    Bonesaw or Rip.

  18. #11818
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1519994
    Rip....stop it.

    He ranks behind ThunderLips.

    Mickey : What the Hell goes on inside your head? Anything normal functions?

    Rocky Balboa : Yeah, a few, a few.

    Mickey : I don't think so! Because to fight a guy like this, you need about 100 pounds of brain damage! I seen wrestlers that was bigger than dinosaurs! You ever fight a dinosaur, kid?

    Rocky Balboa : No, Not lately.

    Mickey : They can cause a variety of damage!




    And then Thunderlips called Rocky "meatball" a lot.

  19. #11819
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    43,704
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1668177
    @Mazer

    "Hey Mick how much you think he eats?"

    "About 202lbs."

    "Weighing in at 202lbs. Rocky Balboa!!"

  20. #11820
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    43,704
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1668177
    The only thing worse than Rocky's guerilla press slam was the Rampage rating from last Friday. Nobody watches tv at 5:30pm anymore??

  21. #11821
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1740737
    usa
    We're forgetting about Zeus. He'd tear Bonesaw to shreds. Bonesaw wouldn't see Zeus coming, and neither would Zeus.

  22. #11822
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1519994
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    @Mazer

    "Hey Mick how much you think he eats?"

    "About 202lbs."

    "Weighing in at 202lbs. Rocky Balboa!!"
    I loved that line too.

    That whole segment was gold. Including the exchange about Bob Hope.

    I need @Jarrod1983 to run a greatest wrestlers in movies thread

  23. #11823
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    43,704
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1668177
    @Jarrod1983 is the greatest wrestling fan to grace these forums.

  24. #11824
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1519994
    Big disrepect to nwoforlifeor2years, but I won't debate it

  25. #11825
    2021 POTTY Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    8,966
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1248954
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    @Jarrod1983 is the greatest wrestling fan to grace these forums.
    Definitely top 5.

  26. #11826
    2021 POTTY Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    8,966
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1248954
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I loved that line too.

    That whole segment was gold. Including the exchange about Bob Hope.

    I need @Jarrod1983 to run a greatest wrestlers in movies thread
    That can be done.

    Terry Funk in Roadhouse was fun. I saw it well after I became a fan and popped hard when Funker showed up.

  27. #11827
    2021 POTTY Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    8,966
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1248954
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Funny story about Warrior. When I was a kid I was a member of the WWF Fan Club. So you'd get the merch mag sent to your house. My mom asks me who my favorite wrestler is, I said Hogan (This was 1989-1990)

    So she orders me a poster and you'd get free shoelaces of either Hogan, Warrior, and I THINK Macho Man. So what does she do? She orders me a poster of Warrior, and I get Hogan shoelaces lol. I didn't hate Warrior but yeah I wasn't high on him.

    It was worse for my little bro, my mom had a thing for Marty Jannetty so she ordered him a Rockers poster just so she could walk by Marty every morning LOL. He was like 5 years old, no clue lol.
    My mother also had a thing for Jannetty.

    I had no problem talking her into this at a yard sale when I was younger.



    Jannetty was the man and am a proud Jannette too! Haha.

  28. #11828
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    43,704
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1668177
    This was the poster she bought for my brother lol



  29. #11829
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1519994
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    That can be done.

    Terry Funk in Roadhouse was fun. I saw it well after I became a fan and popped hard when Funker showed up.
    two different polls that I need you to do,

    1, Fictional Wrestlers in a movie (bonesaw, Thunderlips, Zeus, revolting blob)
    2. Actual Wrestler Cameos (funk, Nash in Turtles, Nash in Longest Yard). And we probably just need to limit it to seven Dwayne Johnson roles.



    thank you for your attention to these matters.

  30. #11830
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1519994
    Also, if anyone doesn't respect Road House, they don't respect themself.

  31. #11831
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1740737
    usa
    I've never seen road house

  32. #11832
    2021 POTTY Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    8,966
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1248954
    usa

  33. #11833
    Pissed Off
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    in a library
    Posts
    39,174
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    637308
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    This was the poster she bought for my brother lol


    Pretty sure I had that poster. I was a huge Rockers fan. That is funny about your mom though.

  34. #11834
    Pissed Off
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    in a library
    Posts
    39,174
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    637308
    usa
    What is this Road House movie you all speak of...

    I kid. I kid.

    Great stuff

  35. #11835
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    11,730
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    525989
    Anybody that doesn't like Road House doesn't have the temperament for the trade.

  36. #11836
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1519994
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I've never seen road house
    @Caito we might have to explain Road House again

  37. #11837
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,384
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1784672
    So no-one gonna comment on Dynamite? Not even Bert?



    Cole/Dax was a great opener. The sharpshooter finish from Cole after Dax was unable to do the same was a great way to great heat.

    Punk/Silver was good and Punk handled the crowd heat well. Buckshot lariat finisher was great trolling.

    I understand Nese winning but would’ve liked to see at least a little offense from Danhausen. At least we’re getting Hookhausen much to Nash’s delight.

    Great contract signing segment and MJF’s nods to Rhodes lol. Also liked Spears doing the ten and the chair matching his suit. His customised chairs are underrated.

    Jungle Boy/Starks was good though logically Starks should be pissed at Swerve for accidentally costing him the match lol.

    The BCC being injected into the JAS feud with Kingston and co is a great call. Also JR left hand from Regal not a right hand!

    Storm/Hayter was okay but I feel they kinda rushed the finish a bit. Storm/Baker should be great.

    Just watching Jeff/Darby now and will edit in my thoughts. This match was nuts with the spots and the ladder/chair spot was bruuutal! Finishing it with a wrestling move was a nice book-end to the match. This was way too good for the first round. Hope Claudio is the joker.
    Last edited by Badger; May 12th, 2022 at 7:37 AM.

  38. #11838
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1740737
    usa
    I'm fine with Nese destroying Danhausen, but I'm not looking forward to Hook beating Nese.

  39. #11839
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,384
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1784672
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'm fine with Nese destroying Danhausen, but I'm not looking forward to Hook beating Nese.
    On the plus side for you though, Nese still got a quick TV win!

  40. #11840
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1740737
    usa
    Saw Tony Nese win, but why oh why did Danhausen just roll back into position for Tony's knee finisher again? Should have just had Tony beat down Danhausen then drag his 120 lbs corpse over to the corner and then done the finisher.

  41. #11841
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,384
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1784672
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Saw Tony Nese win, but why oh why did Danhausen just roll back into position for Tony's knee finisher again? Should have just had Tony beat down Danhausen then drag his 120 lbs corpse over to the corner and then done the finisher.
    Umm….

    JR: “He was out of it and didn’t know where he was!”

  42. #11842
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1740737
    usa
    It's worse than when WWE wrestlers shimmy into position for a top rope finisher. Ridiculous.

  43. #11843
    Midcarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    324
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    170334
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    So no-one gonna comment on Dynamite? Not even Bert?



    Cole/Dax was a great opener. The sharpshooter finish from Cole after Dax was unable to do the same was a great way to great heat.

    Punk/Silver was good and Punk handled the crowd heat well. Buckshot lariat finisher was great trolling.

    I understand Nese winning but would’ve liked to see at least a little offense from Danhausen. At least we’re getting Hookhausen much to Nash’s delight.

    Great contract signing segment and MJF’s nods to Rhodes lol. Also liked Spears doing the ten and the chair matching his suit. His customised chairs are underrated.

    Jungle Boy/Starks was good though logically Starks should be pissed at Swerve for accidentally costing him the match lol.

    The BCC being injected into the JAS feud with Kingston and co is a great call. Also JR left hand from Regal not a right hand!

    Storm/Hayter was okay but I feel they kinda rushed the finish a bit. Storm/Baker should be great.

    Just watching Jeff/Darby now and will edit in my thoughts. This match was nuts with the spots and the ladder/chair spot was bruuutal! Finishing it with a wrestling move was a nice book-end to the match. This was way too good for the first round. Hope Claudio is the joker.
    Fuck me, I thought yesterday was Tuesday. That's what happens when I work on a Sunday.

  44. #11844
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    43,704
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1668177
    Nobody is talking about it because there's nothing really that interesting that happened. Another rehash of MJF wanting to whip people. A bunch of boring matches aside from Hardy/Darby which took me back to the peak era of backyard wrestling (1997-2000). I assume Jeff is back on the pills because no fucking way that dude isn't hurting today. It was fuckin awesome.

    One thing that I notice every week with AEW is how shit they book the women. Jade Cargill and Thunder Rosa are champions, that's a good thing. They do all of fuck nothing with Jade and Thuder is still playing 2nd fiddle to whatever Britt Baker BJTK is rambling about. I'd just like to see more especially with Jade. That whole baddies section is stupid as fuck. Old school WWE booking (lump all the blacks together).

    I'll be honest if it wasn't for the byw match with Hardy/Darby this might've been the worst wrestling show I've seen all week.

  45. #11845
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,384
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1784672
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Nobody is talking about it because there's nothing really that interesting that happened. Another rehash of MJF wanting to whip people. A bunch of boring matches aside from Hardy/Darby which took me back to the peak era of backyard wrestling (1997-2000). I assume Jeff is back on the pills because no fucking way that dude isn't hurting today. It was fuckin awesome.

    One thing that I notice every week with AEW is how shit they book the women. Jade Cargill and Thunder Rosa are champions, that's a good thing. They do all of fuck nothing with Jade and Thuder is still playing 2nd fiddle to whatever Britt Baker BJTK is rambling about. I'd just like to see more especially with Jade. That whole baddies section is stupid as fuck. Old school WWE booking (lump all the blacks together).

    I'll be honest if it wasn't for the byw match with Hardy/Darby this might've been the worst wrestling show I've seen all week.
    Well that’s your take. Personally regardless of how one’s may feel, it could be down to just ever-dwindling forum activity which you could say for all the shows.

    Bert usually has something to say regardless but not been around that much lately that I’ve noticed and BG’s taking a week off recaps so probably taken a hit there.
    Last edited by Badger; May 12th, 2022 at 1:36 PM.

  46. #11846
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1519994
    Forum is always dwindling, but I think there really wasn't much new this week.

    I enjoyed MJF/Wardlow. And I'm glad to see BCC engaging directly with another group. I need some storyline development there.

    And the Jeff/Darby match was good. It's not part of a story or pattern that really leads us to future possibilities discussion.



    You could make a case that the only really compelling "storyline" right now is Wardlow/MJF.



    They need a little bit of spark in the character and storyline department this summer.

  47. #11847
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1740737
    usa
    Forums have been dwindling. It's most active during the weekdays during the day because I assume we're all board of working.

  48. #11848
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,384
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1784672
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Forum is always dwindling, but I think there really wasn't much new this week.

    I enjoyed MJF/Wardlow. And I'm glad to see BCC engaging directly with another group. I need some storyline development there.

    And the Jeff/Darby match was good. It's not part of a story or pattern that really leads us to future possibilities discussion.



    You could make a case that the only really compelling "storyline" right now is Wardlow/MJF.

    They need a little bit of spark in the character and storyline development this summer.
    While I somewhat agree and it was a bit of a tournament-heavy match-up, BCC getting involved is still new so you could discuss possibilities there over what could happen. It does seem it may be a straightforward “rasslin” vs “sports entertainment” thing and who should go over first so there’s room for discussion there.

    Plus more comments could be made on the matches themselves so I think at least for this week anyway, activity and certain people not being around to drive the usual discussion has played a factor I think.

  49. #11849
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    43,704
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1668177
    @Badger you are the only person other than maybe VHS who gives a flying fuck that Bert isn't posting. I try not to associate myself with racist transphobic bigots even if I reeeeeaallllyyy want people to like AEW as much as I do.

  50. #11850
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    43,704
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1668177
    Badger if you want my detailed analysis, pay me. Nobody wants me to type out my thoughts only for you to respond with some condescending bullshit lol.

  51. #11851
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,384
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1784672
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    @Badger you are the only person other than maybe VHS who gives a flying fuck that Bert isn't posting. I try not to associate myself with racist transphobic bigots even if I reeeeeaallllyyy want people to like AEW as much as I do.
    Eh what?

    I’m not associating with him in any way. I was only making a general observation about the lack of activity and used him merely as an example. Couldn’t give a crap about the other non-topic shite which you seem to mainly instigate if being honest.

  52. #11852
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    43,704
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1668177
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Eh what?

    I’m not associating with him in any way. I was only making a general observation about the lack of activity and used him merely as an example. Couldn’t give a crap about the other non-topic shite which you seem to mainly instigate if being honest.
    I judge people by their character and content. Would love to know how I instigate any of the bullshit that comes out of Bert's mouth. Not shocked you would defend this behavior.

    You speak about things you have no clue about and wind up looking more and more like a bitch. You much cooler a few years ago, what happened?

  53. #11853
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,384
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1784672
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I judge people by their character and content. Would love to know how I instigate any of the bullshit that comes out of Bert's mouth. Not shocked you would defend this behavior.

    You speak about things you have no clue about and wind up looking more and more like a bitch. You much cooler a few years ago, what happened?
    I said I couldn’t give a shit about it here because it’s not topical or relevant to wrestling. I don’t want to comment on what others do outside a wrestling thread in a wrestling thread but you putting words in mouth. A few times whenever you argue with the likes of Bert and Peter, like you’ve done with Bert here you’ve bring outside stuff in that is not relevant.

  54. #11854
    X Ringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    71,375
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    215869
    brazil
    Darby/Jeff was a blast. Darby is completely mad. MJF segment was great - very much enjoyed the dark side of the ring parody with the BARRY HOROWITZ appearance and the Shawn Spears 10 stuff. Cole/Dax featured some good wrestling as well as some stuff that felt pretty off. Cool to see Hook back up Danhausen. Definitely the most shine that Tony Nese has got since joining AEW. The other matches were solid enough but I wasn't particularly engaged. Oh yeah, Punk doing the buckshot was pretty neat - but I want more. The show was enjoyable but I didn't love it as much as most seem to have. Only two more Dynamites until DoN and the PPV still feels a bit cold to me. Almost like the focus is on Forbidden Door a bit further down the road.
    ..

  55. #11855
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1740737
    usa
    I lost 3 hours of sleep last night because Bert didn't post.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •