Page 102 of 157 FirstFirst ... 929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,200 of 15624

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Regal comes to AEW it'll just be another veteran nobody but maybe Danielson will give a shit about. They'll pair him up with Danielson, because everyone needs a senior citizen when they wrestle apparently. By March he'll have already pissed on his legacy.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Or he could be like Malenko or Jerry Lynn and be involved with planning matches.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    What does that have to do with skin color?
    Who brought up skin color?

Or he could be like Malenko or Jerry Lynn and be involved with planning matches.
    He should REPLACE them. Has he had any say in putting matches together in NXT? They have like 100 trainers I have no clue who is there actually contributing and who's just there as a friend.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Who brought up skin color?
    You did, genius.

Jade Cargill is probably the only female in that entire company who has any upside. Everyone else is just terrible and/or vanilla. The worst is no doubt Red Velvet. I'd rather see Brandi Rhodes pretend she's black than see Red Velvet ever again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    You did, genius.

Hey genius....Take Bert's Trump piece out your mouth and go back and read the post he quoted.....

Hey look everyone it's VHS....Ok we cared now go back to your dungeon with Charles S Dutton.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hey genius....Take Bert's Trump piece out your mouth and go back and read the post he quoted.....

Hey look everyone it's VHS....Ok we cared now go back to your dungeon with Charles S Dutton.
    And then look at the post you quoted.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then look at the post you quoted.
    It's not on me to make sure you quote the right posts that I make. Don't worry about race, we all know, including VHS' dumbass, how you feel about race.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I quoted the right post. I quoted the post of you replying to my post. I'm not sure what other post I was supposed to quote.

That felt very Dr. Seuss to write.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quoted the right post. I quoted the post of you replying to my post. I'm not sure what other post I was supposed to quote.

That felt very Dr. Seuss to write.
    No...you quoted the post I made about Jade Cargill kicking Adam Cole's ass. Post #10100. You didn't quote my comment about Brandi Rhodes.

I get that you think you found an ally in VHS....Just remember, he's just as fake up here as he is in the Asylum.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Danielson/Hangman will open the show tonight.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rajah Discord tonight eyyy!

https://discord.gg/7H2HHRpT

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again rooting for Danielson but I wouldn't be shocked if Page gives BD his first L.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    poor fenix's arm

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Reys arm is fucked and it really felt like that messed up something that was supposed to happen with Lucha Bros getting beat up by Malakai and Brody King. The lights even went off for no reason.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reys arm is fucked and it really felt like that messed up something that was supposed to happen with Lucha Bros getting beat up by Malakai and Brody King. The lights even went off for no reason.
    Christ almighty, I hope Fenix is okay. Of all the things that can go wrong with a table spot, that is one thing I never thought of. Jesus.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the main event. Ay yay yay. Ay yay yay, what happened with Fenix was bad. Ugh, I hope he's comfortable as fuck right now and he has a good recovery. Ugh

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuckin nasty. It seemed to me he shouldn’t have stuck his arm out.

Hope he gets well soon.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was enjoying reading 2 people last night go back and forth on another forum about how they felt Jade Cargill only won because of the Big Swole situation...and then the other person pointed out well they had Jade win but then put the tag belts on 2 white dudes lol. I should've checked him and said that actually one of them was half dino so that's diverse as fuck lol.

Why the fuck did Fenix put his arm down? Luchasaurus getting a lot of hate online for that spot but it was Fenix's stupid ass. Fenix is one of my absolute favorites in wrestling to watch but to me it seems he is always getting hurt. Luchadores are usually pretty reckless as it is but damn it just feels like he gets hurt quite a bit.

Danielson..............They really want Adam Page to be something and in that little bubble he probably is but for me it feels like it's going to lead to Page v. Omega again with Omega winning the title back.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nah, feels like the entire tournament was meant for Jade to win.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough Page gets a decisive win to make him strong but I would’ve had Danielson kick out of a Buckshot first since Page had kicked out the knee so then he has to hit it again. Kind took away from the match a little for me because up until then the little nods to the first match were great.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Fair enough Page gets a decisive win to make him strong but I would’ve had Danielson kick out of a Buckshot first since Page had kicked out the knee so then he has to hit it again. Kind took away from the match a little for me because up until then the little nods to the first match were great.
    the whole story coming out of the first match was that page pretty much had the match won with the buckshot but didn't have the three seconds to spare for a pinfall.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    the whole story coming out of the first match was that page pretty much had the match won with the buckshot but didn't have the three seconds to spare for a pinfall.
    Understand that, but I felt they could’ve added to the suspense a little more by having Hangman get even more frustrated. They could’ve had him hit a double Buckshot (one from each side) to still finish it off with plenty time left.

The match was still great but felt there was still a bit more mileage and story left.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're basically all forcing ourselves to believe Adam Page is a "World" champion level player. I don't know if I'm buying it. And I'm a fan of Adam Page-I'm just not sure if I'm a fan of main event Adam Page. Kind of the same struggle I'm having with seeing guys in other promotions as top tier players despite not really being on the same level as everyone else.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough Page gets a decisive win to make him strong but I wouldÂ’ve had Danielson kick out of a Buckshot first since Page had kicked out the knee so then he has to hit it again. Kind took away from the match a little for me because up until then the little nods to the first match were great.
    I might be putting my own spin on it, but from JR's commentary, it sounded as if they're trying to really protect the Buckshot Lariat as a one and done finisher. Myself, I'm all for that. Especially when you have guys that can make it look even more devastating. There shouldn't be mulitple V-Triggers, Superkicks, or Superman punches unless they're trying to establish that a guy is ultra tough. Speaking of, I think the Orange Punch has been pretty protected, as has others. And if Hangman eventually goes up against Omega again, it'll look even better.

Before the situation, people were saying Jade as going to win for weeks. The fact that there was some logical kafabe reasons why it could have gone to someone else is great in terms of building the other women in the division. Until the Mercedes interference FROM OUTTA NOWHERE, I thought they were going to go with Thunder Rosa and Ruby since this is supposed to be the workhorse title and you already have a heel champ in Britt. Then have Jade go on a tear to get revenge for losing "her title" that she was destined for (and get more match experience in the process). But, we'll see how it goes this way. I mean, whoever does topple the unstoppable monster will get a huge feather in their cap.

Going back to the tag match and that awful table incident, why would people be giving Luchasaurus a hard time about it? I could be completely wrong, but from every table spot I've seen, the person going through the table will bring their limbs inside. I'm not saying Fenix was at fault either, because that looked instinctual, trying to brace for the fall.

On a lighter note, Punk saying MJF can headline night four of a buy one get one special attraction had me legit laughing out loud. It seemed people at first didn't know what to make of him attacking a fellow Chicagoan, but it was all made clear that it was to ruin MJF's 2022 record from the get go. Good stuff. Now we'll see if Wardlow'll get a few powerbombs in on Punk. I'd say he gets one. Hell, they might do a swerve and he destroys Punk (although I can't imagine he'd take multiple ones like we've seen from other opponents) and Punk suffers his first loss. And interesting way to make a "loser's" feud.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovametalstar View Post
    I might be putting my own spin on it, but from JR's commentary, it sounded as if they're trying to really protect the Buckshot Lariat as a one and done finisher. Myself, I'm all for that. Especially when you have guys that can make it look even more devastating. There shouldn't be mulitple V-Triggers, Superkicks, or Superman punches unless they're trying to establish that a guy is ultra tough. Speaking of, I think the Orange Punch has been pretty protected, as has others. And if Hangman eventually goes up against Omega again, it'll look even better.

Before the situation, people were saying Jade as going to win for weeks. The fact that there was some logical kafabe reasons why it could have gone to someone else is great in terms of building the other women in the division. Until the Mercedes interference FROM OUTTA NOWHERE, I thought they were going to go with Thunder Rosa and Ruby since this is supposed to be the workhorse title and you already have a heel champ in Britt. Then have Jade go on a tear to get revenge for losing "her title" that she was destined for (and get more match experience in the process). But, we'll see how it goes this way. I mean, whoever does topple the unstoppable monster will get a huge feather in their cap.

Going back to the tag match and that awful table incident, why would people be giving Luchasaurus a hard time about it? I could be completely wrong, but from every table spot I've seen, the person going through the table will bring their limbs inside. I'm not saying Fenix was at fault either, because that looked instinctual, trying to brace for the fall.

On a lighter note, Punk saying MJF can headline night four of a buy one get one special attraction had me legit laughing out loud. It seemed people at first didn't know what to make of him attacking a fellow Chicagoan, but it was all made clear that it was to ruin MJF's 2022 record from the get go. Good stuff. Now we'll see if Wardlow'll get a few powerbombs in on Punk. I'd say he gets one. Hell, they might do a swerve and he destroys Punk (although I can't imagine he'd take multiple ones like we've seen from other opponents) and Punk suffers his first loss. And interesting way to make a "loser's" feud.
    I'm curious where you're getting that from. For one it's laughable when you think about how subpar the women's division in AEW is in general so hearing you say it was supposed to be the WORKHORSE title is comical. Especially when nobody ever said that. I guess the implication is that all secondary titles=workhorse title? Then why the fuck did Santino hold the IC title for like 8 months? He sucked. Or why did Honky Tonk Man hold the IC title for a year? He sucked too.

Even in WCW, the TV title was never the workhorse title. Neither was the US. It just depends on who has it. When Hacksaw Duggan was US champion or when Disco Inferno was TV champ I didn't think wow, there's a Ricky Steamboat if I've ever seen one.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    TNT title is seen as a workhorse title so people thought the TBS title might be too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TNT title is seen as a workhorse title so people thought the TBS title might be too.
    I don't think some of you younger fans know what the term "workhorse" means. And some of the champions as well. They think going 20 with Sonny Kiss=workhorse. No. That's a waste of time.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did Sonny Kiss have a TNT title match? I don't remember. Cody's matches for his 1st reign and Sammy's seemed to be of the workhorse variety though. Brodies and definitely Miros were more squashes like I think we'll see with Jade.

I felt happy for her when she won though. I'm surprised she didn't cry but at least she kept up the heel persona.

I hope they don't just give the TNT title right back to Sammy. Seems boring. I don't feel like they will though because Cody acted like this reign was going to be something new and unexpected.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Sonny Kiss mention. There's a name I feel like hasn't been brought up in a year.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fenix with a dislocated elbow. Still serious, but thank god not a broken arm. How he escaped that with no fractures is a goddamn miracle.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Sonny Kiss have a TNT title match? I don't remember. Cody's matches for his 1st reign and Sammy's seemed to be of the workhorse variety though. Brodies and definitely Miros were more squashes like I think we'll see with Jade.

I felt happy for her when she won though. I'm surprised she didn't cry but at least she kept up the heel persona.

I hope they don't just give the TNT title right back to Sammy. Seems boring. I don't feel like they will though because Cody acted like this reign was going to be something new and unexpected.
    Cody v. Sonny Kiss Fight for the Fallen 2020. This was one of the first times I started to notice there is way too much 50/50 offense in AEW matches especially with Cody.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took Brian several seconds to cover Page after the knee, but Page covered Brian immediately after the Lariat. You could say those few seconds are what allowed Page to kick out.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bryan is with a Y.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious where you're getting that from. For one it's laughable when you think about how subpar the women's division in AEW is in general so hearing you say it was supposed to be the WORKHORSE title is comical. Especially when nobody ever said that. I guess the implication is that all secondary titles=workhorse title? Then why the fuck did Santino hold the IC title for like 8 months? He sucked. Or why did Honky Tonk Man hold the IC title for a year? He sucked too.

Even in WCW, the TV title was never the workhorse title. Neither was the US. It just depends on who has it. When Hacksaw Duggan was US champion or when Disco Inferno was TV champ I didn't think wow, there's a Ricky Steamboat if I've ever seen one.
    I wouldn't say the women's division is subpar, but that's for another time. Me saying "supposed" is my supposition. Given that you can't, or rather don't put Britt in a wrestling match all the time (as they shouldn't, since you need to make her and the title special), why introduce another title if it isn't supposed to get featured on a more regular basis? Not saying the TBS title has to be an open challenge every week, but I expect you'd have people specifically in matches where the idea to get over is that they're working to get that title shot. While the AEW Women's title is reserved for either special shows or ppvs. Maybe have it where TBS is for declared shots, while the AEW is only for ranked competitors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall the TNT title having significant show appearances. So, if the TBS one is going to be the women's equivalent, then I would expect the same thing.

Yes, Sonny Kiss and Cody had a TNT title match, and I recall it was a pretty good one. I think he even had to do two Crossroads to put him away.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Full Cody interview.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say the women's division is subpar, but that's for another time. Me saying "supposed" is my supposition. Given that you can't, or rather don't put Britt in a wrestling match all the time (as they shouldn't, since you need to make her and the title special), why introduce another title if it isn't supposed to get featured on a more regular basis? Not saying the TBS title has to be an open challenge every week, but I expect you'd have people specifically in matches where the idea to get over is that they're working to get that title shot. While the AEW Women's title is reserved for either special shows or ppvs. Maybe have it where TBS is for declared shots, while the AEW is only for ranked competitors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall the TNT title having significant show appearances. So, if the TBS one is going to be the women's equivalent, then I would expect the same thing.

Yes, Sonny Kiss and Cody had a TNT title match, and I recall it was a pretty good one. I think he even had to do two Crossroads to put him away.
    We'll start off with the bold. The fact it maybe took 2 Crossroads to beat a jobber is why it was not a pretty good one. If it takes the same energy to beat Sonny Kiss as it does Brodie Lee, there's something seriously wrong with the booking.

The workhorse term is not being used properly. Being featured every week doesn't mean you're a workhorse. The TV title was featured every week, but I wouldn't call Miro a workhorse.

And what you're suggesting about the TBS title is pretty much how the TNT title is also used. Rankings don't matter as it was pointed out to me when I was questioning how guys like Diego Del Jabroni could get a title shot with only 1 win out of 27 or how new people just show up and automatically jump the line.

Jade Cargill is someone who shines and in AEW they need that. They don't have a good women's roster. The best women they have can barely have a good match against each other so we're fucked for awhile. Not renewing Big Swole's contract was a step in the right direction.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just want Jade to get better so she can have open challenges with good wrestlers like Ember Moon, Mia Yim, and Toni Storm instead of just squashing like Madi Wrenkowksi or whoever. Maybe some ROH ones too, I'm not that familiar with their roster.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want Jade to get better so she can have open challenges with good wrestlers like Ember Moon, Mia Yim, and Toni Storm instead of just squashing like Madi Wrenkowksi or whoever. Maybe some ROH ones too, I'm not that familiar with their roster.
    Well none of those women you mentioned are good wrestlers so you're fucked.

Jade's only chance at truly evolving will be working the loop with Thunder Rosa...oh wait, AEW doesn't do anything but TV and youtube so she's fucked.

Honestly I don't think she's that bad in comparison to everyone else in AEW. Literally EVERYONE else, men included. She's easily a top 25 performer in AEW.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hyberbole is fun.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hyberbole is fun.
    You should know by now you and I have a very different approach toward AEW. Jade Cargill=Top 25 in AEW. I'm not saying #25 either.

I mean, you're the type who praises Jon Silver. I thought that was another one of those Hook jokes.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    1.01 million
    .43 18-49 demo

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you talk about the demo you probably have a blowup doll life.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Advertisers care.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advertisers care.
    Are you an advertiser or are you just a parakeet of Jericho and Tony Khan? I'm going with parakeet because you have no original thoughts and your original thoughts are either forged in racism or homophobia so yeah....

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You're so dumb.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God those photos are dope.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rey Fenix said he's got no broken bones, so that's good. Would have to think a few other things got fucked up, though.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've got deja vu because I'm really really hoping Samoa Joe goes to AEW, even if it's not to wrestle and to be on commentary.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe is great in the booth.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If MJF hits Wardlow, causing him to win by DQ vs. CM Punk...that would be cool.

Wardlow would be mad, MJF would be like "but you won?", CM Punk would be pissed at MJF, too.

I'm available to be hired, AEW

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rajah Discord tonight eyyy!
    The more things change......

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sounds like Cody has covid.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

About my previous post. AEW Twitter said a change for battle of the belts will be announced on Rampage. Britt and Riho have a tag match at Rampage and Sammy and Tay Conti have been out on Instagram stories. Cody however posted to his story that people should get vaccinated.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does he have it or is he just bringing awareness since we've seen the biggest spike in positive cases?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well there's only 2 title matches for battle of the belts and 3/4 people seem fine.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoyed the Danielson/Page match, the MJF/Punk promo, and the tag championship match. Everything else didn't really do anything for me but I still thought it was a great episode. Wardlow/Punk next week should be interesting.

Nasty injury on Fenix, I hope he's ok. I read it's wasn't broken so hopefully if it was just dislocated he'll be back on his feet before too long as they go into a feud with Black and, I assume, Brody King. From what I've seen of King on Youtube over the past week or so I'm intrigued to see him debut.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brody King is a lot like Black. 7/10 in the ring, 2/10 on the mic, but 10/10 when it comes to look. I'm all about Brody King.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danielson easily could have rested on the paycheck by leading Yes! chants, but he’s continuing to earn incredible stripes by churning out bangers in AEW. That was a lot of blood for that match lol. Probably unnecessary but oh well. Will be interesting to see where the two guys go from here.

Punk and MJF are still boiling at a great rate. It seemed obvious that MJF’s delivery at the end was a setup for Punk and Wardlow. That coordinates well enough to finally kick off the turn for Wardlow. Imagine Punk or Spears causes the loss for Wardlow and then he snaps.

Chuckled hard as JR waxed about how Jade doesn’t live on the top rope as she decided to deliver a strike off the top rope. Jade has an incredibly majestic and great look but she’s not ready for this spot. Now she’s going to have to do more, develop on the fly, and defend on a fairly regular basis. I don’t think that’s a good combo.

Ugly spot for Fenix. Hope he has a smooth and speedy recovery.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it odd to assume Danielson wasn't having bangers up until he left WWE last year. The only difference I see is blood. He main evented WM and had match of the night but yes, he was just resting on a paycheck. Like Tony Khan is paying him peanuts. This motherfucker is getting that Jon Moxley money-the highest paid wrestler of 2020, more than Roman Reigns and Seth.

The weird narrative that Tony Khan is apparently poor or can't match Vince's money is laughable. He's said it himself, he has more money than Vince and he's living our dream. If I had his money I would've done the same thing if I were approached by the top underground talent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Danielson easily could have rested on the paycheck by leading Yes! chants, but he’s continuing to earn incredible stripes by churning out bangers in AEW. That was a lot of blood for that match lol. Probably unnecessary but oh well. Will be interesting to see where the two guys go from here.
    It is refreshing to see him without the familiar constraints. It's like having the WWE filter on OFF makes it a more soothing digest.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    It occurred to me when watching the match - when was the last time Danielson bled?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is refreshing to see him without the familiar constraints. It's like having the WWE filter on OFF makes it a more soothing digest.
    He had extremely great matches in WWE, even until the very end, to be clear. You can just tell he’s pushing himself and trying some different stuff and is allowed to do so. The latter point is probably the most refreshing component.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    He had extremely great matches in WWE, even until the very end, to be clear. You can just tell he’s pushing himself and trying some different stuff and is allowed to do so. The latter point is probably the most refreshing component.
    No doubt he was. The comparison between his WWE stuff and AEW is still all the more apparent... he looks happily unleashed.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I don't know about a square head, but to me he looks like a fat Matt Jackson.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed Dynamite but heard Jurassic Express won the tag titles. Happy Jungle Boy finally got some gold.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love Ricky Starks but if they replaced him on commentary with Joe...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dustin vs Sammy for an interim TNT title

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so why does Hook have so much hype again? He's got a ways to go in my opinion

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Ok, so why does Hook have so much hype again? He's got a ways to go in my opinion
    Shun the nonbeliever. Shun.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Ricky Starks but if they replaced him on commentary with Joe...
    I'm going to keep saying this: a four man booth is really not necessary. If anyone has to go, it should Jericho. He has a habit of stepping over people, and he yells too much. I get he's trying to be hyped, but I can only take that in small doses. If the goal is to keep Ricky prominent and get better at speaking, then have him, Excalibur, and "maybe" Taz.

Something that I didn't know about until recently was that apparently it's a fundamental for wrestling (he I just watch it, I've never done it) where you have one person as a "base" for the other person to do their moves off of. So if you have a smaller person, like Riho, they love to base off a bigger person, like Hayter. Makes sense and now I can not unsee it when watching. Plus, Hayter's worked Japan with them before from what I've read, so it makes sense that whenever those two fight, they make each other look good.

Hook started as a meme, then the legend grew. He should never speak. And if they aren't offering their own brand of Hook chips at concessions, that's money on the table they are leaving behind. It will be interesting to see how he does when going up against not only a veteran, but a star veteran, that can counter his counters.
    Last edited by Supernovametalstar; January 8th, 2022 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Hook should never speak. Ever. Add to the mystery.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s sorta like a killer panda. Eats, hooks and leaves.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fenix with a dislocated elbow. Still serious, but thank god not a broken arm. How he escaped that with no fractures is a goddamn miracle.
    I guess you've never dislocated a joint vs. breaking a bone or you wouldn't be making such a comment.

Now onto a quick thought on tonight's 'Interim' TNT Title:

seems obvious theyre recreating Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels, circa Wrestlemania 10.

Sammy 'wins' the Interim title, claims he is the real TNT Champion; Cody returns, and they (big shock here) have a ladder match to unite the two belts at the next ppv

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post

Sammy 'wins' the Interim title, claims he is the real TNT Champion; Cody returns, and they (big shock here) have a ladder match to unite the two belts at the next ppv
    That's right, they've not done a ladder match yet, have they? That should be fun.

Table is putting in work, isn't it? After it got a taste of fire from Cody (damn you, Cody!), its been going all out to mess up everybody: not breaking for the streetfight, that awful thing with Fenix, Sammy and Dustin tonight and then trying to take out Hayter's leg tonight. I kid, I kid. I'd watch out for Camera, though. After getting blood splatters on its lens in the streetfight, then beer on the lens last night, and now Baker hitting it in the face with the title belt, Camera might start to rebel, too.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right, they've not done a ladder match yet, have they? That should be fun.

Table is putting in work, isn't it? After it got a taste of fire from Cody (damn you, Cody!), its been going all out to mess up everybody: not breaking for the streetfight, that awful thing with Fenix, Sammy and Dustin tonight and then trying to take out Hayter's leg tonight. I kid, I kid. I'd watch out for Camera, though. After getting blood splatters on its lens in the streetfight, then beer on the lens last night, and now Baker hitting it in the face with the title belt, Camera might start to rebel, too.
    no one on one ladder matches, no. handful of multi-man ladder matches and the bucks/lucha bros one.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think a 3 man booth is overkill. Tony Schiavone barely has a chance to say anything whenever he's commentating I feel. 2 man is good enough in my opinion.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Personally I think a 3 man booth is overkill. Tony Schiavone barely has a chance to say anything whenever he's commentating I feel. 2 man is good enough in my opinion.
    I think 3 man is good with a straight man pbp, a heel colour and a face colour. The problem I think here is they are all face until that 4th special guest (usually heel to liven it up like when Callis is brought in for example) livens things up.

Personally think Tony is the best of the three as he has a “plot” if you like. The “straight man” but also has to keep up his loyalties to a heel in Baker. Excalibur is just there and doesn’t add much and as harsh as this sounds to JR, he’s just there on rep. You get Ricky or someone like Joe on Dynamite commentary then there’s a good shake-up!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with what you said about Excalibur and JR. I love JR, my all time favorite commentator, but it might be time to retire. Ricky could be the perfect heel commentator and would contribute well with Tony and Excalibur

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of other things from the show:

How does Dustin do a better Crossroads than Cody? I guess because he's Dustin? Take notes, Cody!

Every time I see Ricky take a head bump like that it makes me cringe given what we saw happen to his neck before. Stop doing this Ricky!

When Britt had the belt in hand, I for sure thought she was going to waylay Riho in the head in front of the ref (like right in front on purpose, so even his blind ass can see it), and get intentionally DQ'ed. Instead, they had Riho tap immediately. A headscratcher for me, but I guess it works. Would have been better if they kept up the Britt's never beaten Riho storyline, but can't have 'em all, I guess. I'm seeing in other places, and I would concur, that the current Baker title reign has run its course. I know people assume Thunder Rosa will take the belt off her, but I wouldn't be surprised if they throw a curve ball and have her retain one more time just to subvert expectations.

All in all, it was a fun one hour show. Get in, have some good matches, get out. Glad that people that bought tickets got a full, longer show.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    I guess you've never dislocated a joint vs. breaking a bone or you wouldn't be making such a comment.

Now onto a quick thought on tonight's 'Interim' TNT Title:

seems obvious theyre recreating Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels, circa Wrestlemania 10.

I’ve dislocated my elbow so I know its severity. Never broken or fractured a bone tho.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of other things from the show:

How does Dustin do a better Crossroads than Cody? I guess because he's Dustin? Take notes, Cody!

Every time I see Ricky take a head bump like that it makes me cringe given what we saw happen to his neck before. Stop doing this Ricky!

When Britt had the belt in hand, I for sure thought she was going to waylay Riho in the head in front of the ref (like right in front on purpose, so even his blind ass can see it), and get intentionally DQ'ed. Instead, they had Riho tap immediately. A headscratcher for me, but I guess it works. Would have been better if they kept up the Britt's never beaten Riho storyline, but can't have 'em all, I guess. I'm seeing in other places, and I would concur, that the current Baker title reign has run its course. I know people assume Thunder Rosa will take the belt off her, but I wouldn't be surprised if they throw a curve ball and have her retain one more time just to subvert expectations.

All in all, it was a fun one hour show. Get in, have some good matches, get out. Glad that people that bought tickets got a full, longer show.
    The Shida v Deeb and TayJay v Super Bad Bunny feuds have been more heated than anything Britt's done since winning the title. Creating compelling title feuds for the women is something they need to work on.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FTR with a pretty good reaction. at 10:08

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discrod tonight for Dynamite!

https://discord.gg/Euva3FRb

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hate the big bang theory.

I'd rather watch the last 5mins of Ready Player One or The Accountant for the hundredth time.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    I hate the big bang theory.

I'd rather watch the last 5mins of Ready Player One or The Accountant for the hundredth time.
    it brought that female demo last week though.

i love the slow-burn wardlow push. reminds me a lot of batista's turn in 2005.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Finally. I feel like that debut was meant for last week but had to get delayed because Fenix got hurt.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've been teasing that Wardlow turn on MJF for a while now. Should be awesome when it finally happens.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Add Daredevil PAC and whatever Swerve's new gimmick is, throw in Pirate Julia, and they'll be the hottest faction in wrestling.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Gotta look up that Walter match.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add Daredevil PAC and whatever Swerve's new gimmick is, throw in Pirate Julia, and they'll be the hottest faction in wrestling.
    Yeah, I was wondering about that. Julia was clearly saying "that's enough" when they were beating down Black. I wouldn't mind her turning heel.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Black may have the power of turning people by spitting mist on them?

Also I can’t wait for Wardlow to explode either. Couple of roads they could go down here I think. Either tease it again after the Punk/Spears match but then BOOM! after MJF/Punk match once MJF chews him out for another screw-up. Another way is after there’s a screw-up in the Spears match, MJF chews him out backstage and tells him to sit out accompanying him to face Punk and has Spears do it instead then Wardlow comes down later to even up the odds on purpose taking out Spears then Punk wins.

Either way is good to me.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Good to see Matt Hardy made the right choice on going to AEW. You know Vince wouldn't put him in matches on RAW or Smackdown frequently.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Black may have the power of turning people by spitting mist on them?

Also I can’t wait for Wardlow to explode either. Couple of roads they could go down here I think. Either tease it again after the Punk/Spears match but then BOOM! after MJF/Punk match once MJF chews him out for another screw-up. Another way is after there’s a screw-up in the Spears match, MJF chews him out backstage and tells him to sit out accompanying him to face Punk and has Spears do it instead then Wardlow comes down later to even up the odds on purpose taking out Spears then Punk wins.

Either way is good to me.
    Maybe Julia removes her eyepatch and reveals a red eye similar to Black's and then spits mist in BPJ's face cementing the turn.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was most interested in seeing the Punk/Wardlow match and it was interesting but for very weird reasons. Punk was beaten to oblivion and the ref didn’t want to look out for his well being and stop of the match. You essentially got the visual pin of Punk, so that doesn’t help when the “underling” beats Punk rather easily. Wardlow looks great but you just set up a match you want to see (kind of) more at this point in MJF and Wardlow.

Seems like that episode should have been paced/sequence much better because the second half of that show lacked quite a bit of sizzle compared to the first half.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Someone on reddit pointed out Punk/Wardlow was Bret Hart/Diesel from Survivor Series 1995.

This follows with all of the other Bret Hart spots he's been doing in matches.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    God I hope we don't get a copy of hbk vs hart from survivor series 1997. Imagine punk spelling Impact in the air.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    God I hope we don't get a copy of hbk vs hart from survivor series 1997. Imagine punk spelling Impact in the air.