User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC 229: KHABIB V. MCGREGOR OCT 6TH, 2018

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    What "intent" is that then? I get the feeling your personal beliefs and prejudice comes into play here.

The image is from a political, cartoon satire in the same vein as the old Spitting Image show on ITV. It's criticizing the Swedish far left, liberal establishment, it's not racist or anti-immigration.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Don't get me wrong though, I'll gladly remove it. If a fair, objective mod says so it will be gone in two seconds.

Simon
    Excellent, I'm sure they'll come to the right decision.

Mods, here are some of OD50's opinions on immigration that may provide a bit of context for his avatar.

https://forums.rajah.com/showthread....=1#post8021130

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Classic leftist, liberal reasoning, conflicting facts and statistics for "opinions". Great job exposing yourself there.

/I think Pablo Diablo made a good, reasonable post a bit earlier which I respect. If he wants me to remove it I will, no problem. "Intent" wasn't and isn't to offend anyone just for the sake of it. The intent is that it's anti Swedish establishment.
    Last edited by OD50; October 9th, 2018 at 7:41 AM.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I think OD that especially since none of us understand the full context of the avatar, whatever it may be since it is pretty Swedish focused, that it does come across as being a racist caricature. So yes if you could remove it that would be a good idea.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    So Simon, what are your thoughts on ufc 229 then..

Simon
    Loved the brawling afterwards, sad that McGregor lost because he's from the same part of Dublin as my mum and, although he's clearly an enormous wanker, he's great entertainment. I've only got a passing interest in the sport itself (only really watch McGregor fights) so mad spectacles like Saturday night are among the few times where it really holds my interest. It reminded me of how commentators react to fighting in football - a handful of hardcore enthusiasts and pearl-clutching journalists get upset about how it's a stain on the sport, while everyone else goes YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS FUCK THIS IS GREAT.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Congratulations, you're still a racist though. On which note, your overtly racist avatar was just brought to my attention. @Cewsh @mth @Pablo Diablo @Rajah @Version 6 can you please remove it ASAP.
    Sigh.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khabib cements his heel turn by revealing himself as the fourth member of mega heel stable THE TALIBAN.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I think OD that especially since none of us understand the full context of the avatar, whatever it may be since it is pretty Swedish focused, that it does come across as being a racist caricature. So yes if you could remove it that would be a good idea.
    No problem, I appreciate the respectful response.

But for the record so there's no misunderstanding; there's absolutely nothing racist, anti-migration or even anti terrorist about it. It's sort of a sarcastic take/metaphor for how the Swedish far-left establishment (mainly politicians and the media) reasons and operates. Think of it as a cartoon picture of someone wearing a MAGA cap/pro life shirt building a wall while wielding a gun pointed at random Mexicans/Muslims, or something along those lines.

It also saddens me how easy people throw around "racist" these days, it just makes the word lose it's meaning and people not giving a shit about it anymore. This is from a guy who got stabbed in the head by skinheads/neo-nazis when he tried to save his (non ethnic Swedish btw) friends from getting badly hurt or even killed back in 1993. The skinhead gangs back in the 90's was not to be messed with and were notoriously violent and aggressive against anyone not looking like a swede, or like me hanging out with people not looking like swedes. I can name three instances off the top of my head from the 90's where skinhead gangs actually killed someone, in really vile ways. The murder of John Hron by skinheads in 1995 actually makes me sad to this day, likewise for the old man who got clubbed to death with a lead pipe on a subway station by the leader of "Stockholm Skins". I guess I easily could have ended up a statistic that night.

How many of these liberal, leftist easily offended keyboard warriors would literally risk their life fighting a gang of ultra violent skinheads? Yeah..

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conor actually won round 3 on the Judge's scorecard. So he is officially the first person to win a round against Khabib

It was pretty competitive round with Conor putting on the pressure walking Khabib down and hitting a couple shots, and targeting the body ala Chad Mendes, until the last minute or two of the round when Khabib just held Conor against the cage.

Although I think this was primarily due to the incredible amount of ground and pound Khabib delivered in the previous round. Khabib was probably gaining his wind back.

You could even argue that round 4 was going to look similar to round 3 as well up until the point that Conor literally gave Khabib his back and offered no defense for the rear naked choke

Conor didn't do awful against Khabib, and his camp is now saying that he had no specific wrestlers brought in to this camp. All the while I thought Conor was wrestling with like Ukraine wrestling champions
    Last edited by Spedizzo; October 9th, 2018 at 10:44 AM.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of all of the top ranked LWs, I think Poirier is the best possible matchup Nate could have. I think Tony vs. Khabib and Conor vs. Nate/Dustin winner, or Conor moving down in weight to fight Max/Oretga winner or Frankie Edgar (for some reason Conor always wanted to fight Frankie) is the best options

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Man, I really don't want to see the Conor on the left again, that couldn't have been healthy to him:

I'm actually listening to his trainer on the JRE right now and 145 doesn't seem like an option anymore. I see both Ortega and Holloway moving to 155 eventually though, two young guys that will grow out of the weight-class just like Dustin Poirier.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think homeboy should stay at 155. He's not killing himself to get to 145 and 170 is a big big jump all things considered. He has a lot of money at 155 waiting. Nick Diaz 3, fights with Tony, a rematch with Poirier, a rematch with Khabib. 4 fights right there. Plus if Frankie wants to move up to 155 where he was arguably the best ever, Aldo is someone I feel should move up to 155 so there's another fight. Ortega, if he beats Holloway I'd like to see that fight too. Rematch with Holloway would be awesome.

So if he has 8 fights on his contract he has plenty of people that makes sense.

Side note: Anyone hear the rumor that the UFC are trying to book Cormier v. Lewis for UFC 230!?!?! Dude just said he wasn't ready for no title shot lol. I don't believe it but you never know.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Man, DC/Black Beast is a complete mismatch, think DC/Rumble but Lewis gassing and tasting the RNC even faster. DC/Blaydes would be much more competitive.

I think Conor vs. Poirier/Diaz/Frankie/Aldo/Ortega/Holloway at 155 are all very intriguing. Fuck, if he wants a stylistically good rebound fight make Conor/Pettis. Won't happen but they both lost at the same show after all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I think homeboy should stay at 155. He's not killing himself to get to 145 and 170 is a big big jump all things considered. He has a lot of money at 155 waiting. Nick Diaz 3, fights with Tony, a rematch with Poirier, a rematch with Khabib. 4 fights right there. Plus if Frankie wants to move up to 155 where he was arguably the best ever, Aldo is someone I feel should move up to 155 so there's another fight. Ortega, if he beats Holloway I'd like to see that fight too. Rematch with Holloway would be awesome.

So if he has 8 fights on his contract he has plenty of people that makes sense.

Side note: Anyone hear the rumor that the UFC are trying to book Cormier v. Lewis for UFC 230!?!?! Dude just said he wasn't ready for no title shot lol. I don't believe it but you never know.
    He just got the shit whooped out of him for nearly 15 minutes Saturday lol. No way should he fight at 230.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like McGregor done those tattoos himself.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    They're not pretty but I guess they fit him and his persona, "bombastic" might be a good term..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beast and Cormier are both banged up. They're not having a fist fight in 25 days unless the paydays are amazing, and WME don't seem likely to bend in that regard.

The main event is going to be Shevchenko vs. Eubanks. It's a write off card at this point. Can probably do 250k with Diaz/Poirier and Weidman/Rockhold, they'll just take the knock and move on. They can't all be blockbusters, MSG can't feel too hard done by. Diaz/Poirier is a banger and neither Weidman or Rockhold have lost to Whittaker or Gastelum so it's a pretty clear #1 contender fight. If they can escape New York without a riot, a title on Shevchenko, Conor's next opponent and the next middleweight contender solidified, Israel Adesyana with a statement win and 250k buys, they'll take that. Big fights await at the turn of the year.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana was dancing around the MSG main event this past weekend. One thing that stood out is that someone asked him about Diaz-Poirier being 5 rounds and he said that it could be so who knows. What the hell were they thinking was going to headline this show?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Ariel said on ESPN yesterday that there is no "official" main event for 230 yet. For what's it worth.

Shevchenko/Eubanks is as bogus as it gets but the rest of the card should be great, so whatever.

/Oh, and Khabib's dad is not happy with his sons actions..

Quote Originally Posted by Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov
    I will impose a punishment tougher than the UFC’s. I warned him. For me, discipline comes first. You do whatever you want in the Octagon, [but] outside — this is the border of civilians, where there are children, women, strangers.
    I honestly wouldn't want Khabib's dad pissed at me.
    Last edited by OD50; October 9th, 2018 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From July onwards, most likely:

- Whittaker vs. Gastelum (injury to champion)

- Cormier 205lb title defence (breaks hand)

- Dillashaw/Cody winner vs. Mighty Mouse "Super Fight" (DJ loses title)

- Shev/Nicco winner vs. Joanna (Nicco misses weight, stripped of title)

- Woodley/Till winner vs. Covington (Woodley injury)

- Jon Jones return (reinstated too late)

So it wasn't as if options weren't there, they all just fell apart.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I actually think Jones could fight at 230 but Dana said that he's totally out of shape right now. Guessing/hoping they will do Jones/Gus 2 on December 29, probably for the vacant or interim LHW title.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When would see Khabib v. Tony if everything goes smooth? February?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Wouldn't be a bad main event for the Super Bowl weekend card..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can already see the promotional video showcasing the 3 previous attempts and the issues that came of it. Tony just needs to dial it down trying to be savvy on the mic. He reminds me of Tito Ortiz telling the lion in the jungle story where Chael started snoring in the middle of it lol. Let your hands and feet do the talking G

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    No problem, I appreciate the respectful response.

But for the record so there's no misunderstanding; there's absolutely nothing racist, anti-migration or even anti terrorist about it. It's sort of a sarcastic take/metaphor for how the Swedish far-left establishment (mainly politicians and the media) reasons and operates. Think of it as a cartoon picture of someone wearing a MAGA cap/pro life shirt building a wall while wielding a gun pointed at random Mexicans/Muslims, or something along those lines.

It also saddens me how easy people throw around "racist" these days, it just makes the word lose it's meaning and people not giving a shit about it anymore. This is from a guy who got stabbed in the head by skinheads/neo-nazis when he tried to save his (non ethnic Swedish btw) friends from getting badly hurt or even killed back in 1993. The skinhead gangs back in the 90's was not to be messed with and were notoriously violent and aggressive against anyone not looking like a swede, or like me hanging out with people not looking like swedes. I can name three instances off the top of my head from the 90's where skinhead gangs actually killed someone, in really vile ways. The murder of John Hron by skinheads in 1995 actually makes me sad to this day, likewise for the old man who got clubbed to death with a lead pipe on a subway station by the leader of "Stockholm Skins". I guess I easily could have ended up a statistic that night.

How many of these liberal, leftist easily offended keyboard warriors would literally risk their life fighting a gang of ultra violent skinheads? Yeah..
    Thats very commendable mate but the bottom sentence shows how society and you have changed. Avatar aside your status and location coupled with recent posts show your views, Obviously I am not in Sweden so I can only equate to the words you use: 'easily offended keyboard warriors'. Which is generally the mantra of Marks ilk (the right) in the USA who like to use buzzwords and dismiss the left as snowflakes or whatever and somehow look to take the high ground when their views are in fact disgustingly racist.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    The point is that how many of people like you and that Simon character that shouts "racist" at people from behind the computer because you don't agree with them, or at most yelling at some nerd in a Trump hat would actually stand your ground when facing real, actual fascist, neo-nazi skinheads that won't hesitate putting their Dr Martins through your head? The answer is that you wouldn't, you'd piss your pants and run away. You see, I've faced real racists (not imaginary ones on the internet) and could have gotten killed in the process for not backing down. Get back to me when you've done that.

And again, don't confuse stating facts with opinions/beliefs. I have never said, posted or believed in anything that can't be proven by facts, science or statistics.

And no, I'm not your mate, "mate".

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still waiting on what was said by OD50 that was racist in this thread. Calling Khabib a Taliban bearded fuck? Keep in mind, the same people who are calling for action are the same ones who litter this message board with anti-Christian rhetoric any chance they can get.

It is strange to me that neither of them ever post in the MMA forum yet somehow that comment triggered them. Odd.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I never called Khabib anything, I was pissed at the three guys that jumped the cage and attacked a beaten, exhausted fighter, even punching him from behind. I'm a fan of Khabib and my sympathies was 50/50 in the fight. Two of my favorite UFC fighters are Zabit Magomedsharipov and Mairbek Taisumov, go figure..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    I never called Khabib anything, I was pissed at the three guys that jumped the cage and attacked a beaten, exhausted fighter, even punching him from behind. I'm a fan of Khabib and my sympathies was 50/50 in the fight. Two of my favorite UFC fighters are Zabit Magomedsharipov and Mairbek Taisumov, go figure..
    First off, never even heard of either of those guys you said are 2 of your favorites lol. Second, my bad, I read it again and you were speaking on the other dudes in his camp.

I mean you admitted you were heated, you changed your avatar even though you didn't have to, etc. Props to you brother.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Well, the avatar might have come across as "racist" for people looking for things to be offended by, there's absolutely no fucking way anyone here had a clue what it was really about though. Had someone asked I'd happily explained. No big deal, it's just an avatar and I was going to change it eventually anyway, I saw the cartoon back in the summer and thought it was a really good piece of political satire.
    Add in that back in the summer I commented on 100+ cars being torched in Gothenburg and that the perpetrators were migrants, or in most cases second generation migrants, this was confirmed by eyewitness reports and the fact that I have seen the actual names of the ones apprehended by police. I also stated that 94,5 percent of all gang members in the Stockholm area are migrants, or children of migrants. The statistics came from a huge investigation compiled by Sweden's largest (and very liberal) newspaper "Expressen", the numbers came from SCB (The Central Bureau of Statistics) the governments own statistics organ. -> https://www.scb.se/
    - - - Updated - - -

And I have no clue why the post is totally fucked up.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the people who don’t post in the MMA forums fuck off out of the MMA forums?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    First off, never even heard of either of those guys you said are 2 of your favorites lol. Second, my bad, I read it again and you were speaking on the other dudes in his camp.

I mean you admitted you were heated, you changed your avatar even though you didn't have to, etc. Props to you brother.
    You've heard of Zabit. We've discussed him.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How about the people who don’t post in the MMA forums fuck off out of the MMA forums?
    You are right, Next time I will just ignore blatant and vile racism because I don't usually post here

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Calm the fuck down.

Mik's right.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    You are right, Next time I will just ignore blatant and vile racism because I don't usually post here
    He is right, get the fuck out of here.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    You just can't grasp the fact you're fighting windmills here. But whatever, agree to disagree and all that.

And yeah, Mik's right.

/Just saw that Colby Covington called Khabib a "stupid sheep fucker" on Twitter. Sheep fucker vs. "Taliban bearded.." What wins on the I'm offended scale..?
    Last edited by OD50; October 10th, 2018 at 4:42 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You should post that pic of him with the Donald and watch the heads explode.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    You've heard of Zabit. We've discussed him.
    That's the problem. Back in my day you only had to know 200 fighters. Now you have to remember 2,000.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't see that as a problem tbh. The sport blew up.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    I don't see that as a problem tbh. The sport blew up.
    In the context of me having trouble remembering so many fighters, I see it as a problem lol. You used to be able to look at a card and even the prelims you knew everyone. Now you could go 5 shows in a row and maybe recognize 7 names right off the top without having to do a 2 hour research project.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This ppv is looking for well north of 2 million buys. 5 out of the top 6 ppvs in UFC history are Connor cards. The only other card was UFC 100 headlined by Mir-Lesnar which is #3.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This ppv is looking for well north of 2 million buys. 5 out of the top 6 ppvs in UFC history are Connor cards. The only other card was UFC 100 headlined by Mir-Lesnar which is #3.
    And that one had GSP in the co-main event. Really goes to show what a special individual Conor is, at least in terms of being able to drum up fan interest.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    People at work were talkin about it today like they couldn't believe Conor could lose. None of them knew who Khabib was - and still really don't. Only point is that you are absolutely right... he transcends MMA fans and attracts a huge mainstream crowd that otherwise would never so much as feign interest in the sport.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's funny. Everybody that follows the sport saw the likelihood of the fight playing out the way it did. Casual fans, what are you going to do? But they have money to spend too and that's what makes Conor such an asset.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm already hearing certain fans claiming Conor fell off, he would've been smoked by Tony Ferguson, yada yada. I've always said, think about the opponent when you smack talk someone. Downplaying Conor only hurts Khabib imo. Khabib lived up to the hype. People questioned his lack of top 5-10 opponents on his trail to the title and he smashed the top dog.

Let the vultures come. Conor's next fight should be against another bloodthirsty gentlemen. Justin Gaethje v. Conor McGregor. Nate Diaz/McGregor 3.

Those 2 fights right there sell themselves. Nate and Conor are pretty much 2 peas in a pod now when it comes to massive media obligations. Gaethje's highlight reel speaks for itself. Khabib v. Tony if Khabib isn't suspended for too long. I'm sorry I just don't feel a title shot is in the cards for Conor but he's above a championship imo.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holloway and Ferguson will be great fights for Khabib considering the gas tanks and dangers off the back they bring. Completely different fighters to Conor. Khabib vs. Ferguson NEEDS to happen man. That's the best fight in lightweight history. The 2 best resume's in the divisions history, a ridiculous 25-1 combined in the Octagon.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    The image that Ferg will just start tossing his hips around like a crazy person for triangles and armbars and omoplatas while Khabib is trying to furiously setup and rain down hell on him from top position is seriously a magnificent picture of mma. I really, really, really want to see this.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    From Khabib's Instagram:
    I would like to address @ufc. Why didn’t you fire anyone when their team attacked the bus and injured a couple of people? They could have killed someone there, why no one says anything about insulting my homeland, religion, nation, family?

Why do you have to punish my team, when both teams fought. If you say that I started it, then I do not agree, I finished what he had started.
    In any case, punish me, @zubairatukhugov has nothing to do with that. If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken. You canceled Zubaira’s fight and you want to dismiss (fire) him just because he hit Conor. But don’t forget that it was Conor who had hit my another Brother FIRST, just check the video.
    if you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I’ll break it myself.
    And one more thing, you can keep my money that you are withholding. You are pretty busy with that, I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat. We have defended our honor and this is the most important thing. We intend to go to the end.
    #Brothers

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #PaulDaley

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying it's scripted but they have cultivated a culture that is resulting in an exceptionally high quality of sports entertainment. Dana is a mastermind for the way this has all unfolded since the dolly throwing incident.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'd be mad not to run with Artem against Zubaira. What a shit card that is scheduled for, that would actually provide some intrigue.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    They'd be mad not to run with Artem against Zubaira. What a shit card that is scheduled for, that would actually provide some intrigue.
    You mean to tell me that Ed Herman being on the card doesn't automatically sell it for you???

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Ed Herman still fighting??

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Man, I don't think the UFC want those two camps in the same arena anytime soon..

Nice Super Mario Khabib t-shirt now available..

Last edited by OD50; October 11th, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love big red Ed Herman but that's a no from me! I wonder if these FS1 cards lately have been shit on purpose, given the TV deal running out? Maybe the early ESPN days will be like when they moved to FS1 with that stacked card underneath Sonnen/Shogun?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Volkan/Smith should be a banger at least.

/Looked up the card and there's ten fighters on there I have no idea who they are.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's not an awful FS1 card lads. There have been plenty worse recently.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    The main event is interesting, I could see the winner facing Dominick Reyes in a top contender fight while the Gus/Jones/DC saga sorts itself out.

Apparently DC has said "he will fight Jones at LHW in his last fight.." so I'm guessing his plan is Lewis in November, Brock in January/February and Jones (or Gus I guess) in April. Or something like that..

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Just saw the footage of Khabib talking shit to Conor while thumping the shit out of him only for Conor to respond with a plea of 'it's just business' ...

haha, that's fucking gold.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously what's up with this nonsense of Khabib calling out Mayweather?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Harmless banter that will make people talk.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mayweather has his strip clubs or whatever he has to promote, and is using the global news story that was Conor/Khabib to get his name back out there which helps sell his subsidiaries. For Khabib, it's just column inches to build a greater profile. There's absolutely no sell to Floyd/Khabib, whereas Conor "had a chance" in boxing because he used predominately a boxing only style to wipe out Aldo and Alvarez.