Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: WWE Crown Jewel - November 2nd 2018

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrandolph1985 View Post
    Walking away is easy when you have the internet tell you when the water's fine again. Right now someone peed in the WWE pool.
    Not just peed in the pool, but Vince did it from the High Dive Platform

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    Batista vs. Lesnar is certainly a money match...
    I'm not sure if 'Tista wants a Lesnar ass kicking. Triple H would be a nice, easy match, but Brock's just going to throw him around the ring.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck was this show? lol.

You have Kurt job. You have the finals be Dolph v. The Miz lol. You then have Shane win it.......

Hey, Kane/Undertaker, we get it, you still hate Shawn because of Montreal but you could at the very least try to catch the motherfucker. Dude's head bounced off the ground and for what? That match was just fucked and it was sad. Shawn should have came back and faces AJ Styles or Seth Rollins or even Kurt Angle.

Braun lost. That was actually a little shocking to me.

AJ v. Joe was the shit. Glad they were able to give us something positive. Tag-title match was mediocre but I loved the New Day's entrance!! Rusev v. Nakamura was very very solid.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    What the fuck was this show? lol.

You have Kurt job. You have the finals be Dolph v. The Miz lol. You then have Shane win it.......

Hey, Kane/Undertaker, we get it, you still hate Shawn because of Montreal but you could at the very least try to catch the motherfucker. Dude's head bounced off the ground and for what? That match was just fucked and it was sad. Shawn should have came back and faces AJ Styles or Seth Rollins or even Kurt Angle.

Braun lost. That was actually a little shocking to me.

AJ v. Joe was the shit. Glad they were able to give us something positive. Tag-title match was mediocre but I loved the New Day's entrance!! Rusev v. Nakamura was very very solid.
    You honestly expect your critique of a wrestling event to be taken seriously after panning said event's in ring action but gushing over three thirty year old men dancing to the ring for the three hundredth time, this time on a hunk of plastic in the air on a track that was barely moving with some steam around it.

And which continues wonderful stereotypes of our Middle-Eastern friends....

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    You honestly expect your critique of a wrestling event to be taken seriously after panning said event's in ring action but gushing over three thirty year old men dancing to the ring for the three hundredth time, this time on a hunk of plastic in the air on a track that was barely moving with some steam around it.

And which continues wonderful stereotypes of our Middle-Eastern friends....
    I barely spoke on the in-ring action and what I did say was almost nothing but positive smart guy.

The only 2 matches I spoke "negatively" of was calling both tag-team matches "fucked and sad" and "mediocre".

And yes, for someone who doesn't really care for New Day, I found their entrance to be awesome. A harmless "stereotype" in a country that doesn't exactly speak on behalf of the good humanitarians of the world now does it? Or do you prefer your woman to be kept at home and journalists beheaded?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Triple H and Undertaker both running for the barricade is the funniest thing ever.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Might As Well Be Donald View Post
    I think Triple H and Undertaker both running for the barricade is the funniest thing ever.
    It doesn't help that they run so slowly.

It was just two old dudes, blowing a spot very slowly and awkwardly.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really need a gif of that.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How great was this?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    How great was this?

While I still can't get over Shawn being completely Stone Cold bald, his self deprecating approach to his character at times is hilarious.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Took a long time to get used to Triple H with no hair. Guy looked goofy with long hair, looks just as goofy with no hair but I've gotten used to it. At least Shawn didn't look goofy with long hair. Well at least until he started balding.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took a long time to get used to Triple H with no hair. Guy looked goofy with long hair, looks just as goofy with no hair but I've gotten used to it. At least Shawn didn't look goofy with long hair. Well at least until he started balding.
    Why does everyone have to get a haircut? Long hair is a lost art. Even Ambrose who didn't even have long hair.

The likes of Rollins and Reigns have escaped it though.

Bagel
    I think the new Ambrose look has been effective, especially as a heel. When he returned he just had that "I'm going to murder my family" look about him.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I think the new Ambrose look has been effective, especially as a heel. When he returned he just had that "I'm going to murder my family" look about him.
    I don't know if the hair was that much of a factor. He looks jacked as fuck since the rehab and could've still pulled it off.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dean Ambrose left WWE looking like he was some grease pain away from pulling off the Joker look. He came back looking like Killer Kross from Impact Wrestling.

With the hair, he looked like somebody's unkempt and unemployed stoner brother. Without the hair, he looks like that boyfriend your mother had to get a restraining order against when you were 8.

Its a fantastic change.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he came back with that haircut but still the same size before he was injured, it still wouldn't be the same. The muscle mass helped.

Regardless, there is still too many haircuts in wrestling. It's all about being corporate and tidy these days.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #SaveLongHairedWrestlers

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you're gonna cut your hair at least have a hair versus hair match first

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're gonna cut your hair at least have a hair versus hair match first
    This is exactly how they should sort out who gets a haircut and who doesn't!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have loved Tennessee wrestling from the 70s and 80s then.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still love Jim Cornette's story about John Laryngitis ordering Doug Basham/Damanja to shave his head so that creative could see what he looked like bald.

"Your "creative team" needed him to shave his head because they wanted to see him bald? They couldn't just use their fuckin' imaginations? How fuckin' creative were they? Not very fuckin' creative."

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, Johnny was just trying to help the kid out. Its pretty much established that Vince hates other people with full heads of hair, and seeks to keep them down so that he can stand tall. The theory that he secretly wishes he could that he could pull the look off, as evidenced by his Trump feud, may have some merit. But we know for a fact that he favors the bald.

Hogan, Austin, and Rock were all follicle-challenged. VKM was very comfortable screwing over the well-hairlined Brett Hart. HBK as a full-haired champion never experienced the same backstage respect as he did when he later returned with his male-pattern baldness evident. Cena, Orton, Bastista, and Lesnar all saw this early on, and kept their hair short to cover for their genetics.

HHH, with his in with Stephanie, was able to fight this for a while. But when he went into the corporate world, and had to directly interact with Vince on a day to day basis, he had no choice but to get out the razor.

You could see that Vince was starting to come around with Roman Reigns. Hopefully this tragedy does not push Vince to superstitiously revert to his hair-hating ways.

But every time you hear a story of someone from WWE creative pushing someone to shave their head, know that they were just trying to help the kid out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Meltzer brought up a pretty salient point in regards to Triple H and this event. He's running the show in NXT and he is pretty much guiding the next generation of performers. He's shown his old-school mentality when it comes to finishing a match while working through a significant injury. Not even with a younger performer, Triple H called the match between Orton and Bryan a few years back on Raw when it was clear Bryan wasn't right after taking a dive outside. Performers want to show they're tough and see things out to the finish, but you have to imagine he's telling those younger performers that they need to be smart and its about the bigger picture. In some ways, it does provide a mixed message.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triple H finishing a match injured on a show where the Saudi Arabian assholes would roll out the guillotine if they didn’t get what they liked is a lot different than toughing it out through a serious injury in a live event match in front of 1,800 people. These kids are in training. They’re learning. And part of learning is, unfortunately, learning what to do and what happens if you get hurt live. When you don’t have “Triple H Pull”, you listen to your body and the ref. Because that’s safe and smart.

Its totally a “Do as I say, not as I do.” type thing.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    By that logic we won't see NXT talent with 25 minute promos and stupid facial hair.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By that logic we won't see NXT talent with 25 minute promos and stupid facial hair.
    You make that sound like a bad thing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I thought Meltzer brought up a pretty salient point in regards to Triple H and this event. He's running the show in NXT and he is pretty much guiding the next generation of performers. He's shown his old-school mentality when it comes to finishing a match while working through a significant injury. Not even with a younger performer, Triple H called the match between Orton and Bryan a few years back on Raw when it was clear Bryan wasn't right after taking a dive outside. Performers want to show they're tough and see things out to the finish, but you have to imagine he's telling those younger performers that they need to be smart and its about the bigger picture. In some ways, it does provide a mixed message.
    Was this the match Daniel Bryan talks about how he wanted to fight Triple H over it? Also, I believe it was a concussion, right? I've never torn my pec or had a concussion but I think those are 2 significantly different injuries. Can you die from a torn pec? Because you can certainly die from having a concussion. Brain v. pec? Hmm.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Was this the match Daniel Bryan talks about how he wanted to fight Triple H over it? Also, I believe it was a concussion, right? I've never torn my pec or had a concussion but I think those are 2 significantly different injuries. Can you die from a torn pec? Because you can certainly die from having a concussion. Brain v. pec? Hmm.
    I believe it was a stinger.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I believe it was a stinger.
    Oh well shit so possible paralysis versus not being able to DX chop? I don't see the mixed message here. Comparing someone who might have broken their neck versus a torn pec? Sounds like Meltzer bitching about Triple H, SHOCKER.