User Tag List

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,900 of 2922

Thread: Rajah Fantasy Football 2018/19

  1. #2801
    What'cha gonna do? Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Over
    Posts
    25,375
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    148425
    canada
    What a signing how is he available agshahagah

  2. #2802
    What'cha gonna do? Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Over
    Posts
    25,375
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    148425
    canada
    Lawrence Shankland (Ayr)
    Kurtis Guthrie (Stevenage)
    Cauley Woodrow (Barnsley)
    Mo Salah (Liverpool)
    Fernando Forestieri (Sheff Wed)

    Dwight Gayle (WBA)
    Teemu Pukki (Norwich)
    Karim Ansarifard (Nottingham Forest)

    OUT Jonson Clarke Harris (Bristol Rovers)
    IN Karim Ansarifard (Nottingham Forest)

  3. #2803
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Good pick up
    Last edited by BBF; May 4th, 2019 at 9:43 AM.

  4. #2804
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
    John Akinde (Lincoln City)
    John Marquis (Doncaster Rovers)
    Rory McAllister (Peterhead)
    Billy Sharp (Sheff United)

    Ivan Toney (Peterborough)
    Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)
    Ryan Bowman (Exeter)

  5. #2805
    Midcarder
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    micronesia
    Lineup change



    Alexander Lacazette (Arsenal)
    Marcus Maddison (Peterborough)
    Greg Morrison (Elgin City)
    Luke Varney (Cheltenham)
    Jordy Hiwula-Mayifuila (Coventry City)

    Gevaro Nepomuceno (Oldham Athletic)
    Bobby Linn (Arbroath)
    Blair Henderson (Edinburgh City)

  6. #2806
    What'cha gonna do? Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Over
    Posts
    25,375
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    148425
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Lawrence Shankland (Ayr)
    Kurtis Guthrie (Stevenage)
    Cauley Woodrow (Barnsley)
    Mo Salah (Liverpool)
    Fernando Forestieri (Sheff Wed)

    Dwight Gayle (WBA)
    Teemu Pukki (Norwich)
    Jonson Clarke Harris (Bristol Rovers)

    Tammy Abraham (Villa) OUT
    Lawrence Shankland (Ayr) IN
    Thanks @son_of_foley favourite all time poster

  7. #2807
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,261
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    100403
    Out: Michael Cheek (Ebbsfleet United)
    In: Charlie Wyke (Sunderland)

    1. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
    3. Simon Cox (Southend United)
    12. Lucas Moura (Tottenham)
    37. Joe Pigott (AFC Wimbledon)
    38. Charlie Wyke (Sunderland)

    36. Ched Evans (Fleetwood)
    18. Billy McKay (Ross County)
    24. Alan Trouten (Alloa)

  8. #2808
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,261
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    100403
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    What a signing how is he available agshahagah
    I think it's because no one cares about this game mate

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Out: Michael Cheek (Ebbsfleet United)
    In: Charlie Wyke (Sunderland)

    1. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
    3. Simon Cox (Southend United)
    12. Lucas Moura (Tottenham)
    37. Joe Pigott (AFC Wimbledon)
    38. Charlie Wyke (Sunderland)

    36. Ched Evans (Fleetwood)
    18. Billy McKay (Ross County)
    24. Alan Trouten (Alloa)
    Never hoped a signing doesn't pay off like this one

  9. #2809
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    ... he says, making a signing online before the biggest game of his club’s year.

  10. #2810
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    All down to the final day. All my money is going on a Billy Sharp brace. Don’t do it. Please don’t bloody do it.

  11. #2811
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,589
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    51158
    he Adams (Birmingham City)
    Darryl Duffy (Airdrie)
    Ryan Hardie (Livingston)
    Raul Jimenez (Wolves)
    Lewis Grabban (Nottingham Forest)

    Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)
    Fernando Llorente (Tottenham)
    Nicky Maynard (Bury)

    Marcus Rashford (Manchester United) OUT, Lewis Grabban (Nottingham Forest) IN

  12. #2812
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Lawrence Shankland (Ayr)
    Kurtis Guthrie (Stevenage)
    Cauley Woodrow (Barnsley)
    Mo Salah (Liverpool)
    Teemu Pukki (Norwich)

    Fernando Forestieri (Sheff Wed)
    Dwight Gayle (WBA)
    Karim Ansarifard (Nottingham Forest)

  13. #2813
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    And that’s the title. GET IN THEREEEE

    A massive thank you to my fantastic assistant manager @Alex. Without him it wouldn’t have been anywhere near as fun this year, nor would we have won the title with so many fucking goals. Anyone falling out of love with the game should get a co-manager. It’s been an awesome season.

    Many thanks to Steamy Windows Cauley Woodrow, The Postman Tammy Abraham, “Tiff” Martin Rennie, “Glass Legs Cunt” Dwight Gayle, Mo Mo Mo Mo Mo Salah, and of course the pickup of the season - and thanks once more to @Reech for dropping him - Teemu Pukki, who quite rightly gets the final goal of our season.

    Unlucky @BBF.

  14. #2814
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Well played mate. I can't have too many complaints really with my goals scored being so much lower. That run of 10 wins in a row was a great journey to go on and having that day yesterday was fantastic, a great laugh and hopefully something we can replicate again next year.
    @son_of_foley had a huge bearing on the title. My winning run started after he beat me, he was the one that ended my run and him dropping Shankland ultimately lead to you landed the title. Congrats to him on a fantastic seasom too.

    I bought a shield for the league winner (and its got the previous winners on it up to Torn's last win and space for the next few years) but i forgot to take a picture yesterday. @Alex if you could do that that would be great...if its still in one piece.

    I've already negotiated some big names returning for next season, including 2 ex-league winners and there will be a couple of changes that will hopefully help things along.

    Thanks everyone for a great season.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh and, of course, congratulations to our 2018/19 RFF League winners...Rolex!

  15. #2815
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,589
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    51158
    Well in @The Rosk & @Alex

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hopefully we can carry on our traditional transfer business as usual.

  16. #2816
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,764
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    80172
    Many congrats The Rosk and Alex well done

  17. #2817
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,589
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    51158
    Mind the gap @Torn

  18. #2818
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,764
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    80172
    @Chris Scott haven't checked just wondering how many trophies you won this season?

  19. #2819
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,764
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    80172
    Medals on the table son (thanks @Mikey_Jones and @BBF)


  20. #2820
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Spreadsheet is all up to date. son_of_foley actually jumps above me on the last day on goals scored so will receive the second draft pick next season.

    The only thing that can change is at the bottom where Beefy needs 4 goals from Sergio Aguero tonight to avoid relegation. Anything less will result in AFC Beefy being relegated for the first time in their history.

    In a couple of weeks I'll start seeing who wants to play next season and take things from there. I've got 4 confirmed new players in @Mik @Mikey_Jones @Simon and @Andy so I'll either be adding them in or replacing them.

  21. #2821
    NOICE! Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    THE NINE NINE!
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    283802
    netherlands
    Andy, Oh joy.

    I'll be carrying on anyway.

  22. #2822
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    As if Beefy is gonna be relegated with almost as many goals as BBF who could have won it on the last day

    The curse of Aguero strikes again.

  23. #2823
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    If Aguero does get those 4 goals we'll end up on the same goals scored

  24. #2824
    RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Posts
    43,027
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    101184
    I'm out for next year.

    Being honest having people making signings for other teams down the league etc felt weird and killed my enjoyment this year

  25. #2825
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    I agree, but he has promised that he will not do that again. It almost ruined everything for me too. I may retire as there is nothing left to do.

    "When Alexander of Macedon was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer. The Rosk is 36."

    SOF I would advise you get an assistant manager.

  26. #2826
    NOICE! Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    THE NINE NINE!
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    283802
    netherlands
    Stay on SOF I will not let that shite use me again next season even if I finish rock bottom.

  27. #2827
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    I'm out for next year.

    Being honest having people making signings for other teams down the league etc felt weird and killed my enjoyment this year
    There are some new rules coming in which should help with those issues. I'd say give it another year, you were superb this year.

  28. #2828
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post

    "When Alexander of Macedon was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer. The Rosk is 36."
    Excellent reference. God bless that Geordie oddball.

  29. #2829
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    @BBF

    What is the deal for the relegated teams?

  30. #2830
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    MikeHunt and wardy are out regardless. Beefy doesn't get a keeper next year.

    All of our new players will start from the base of the draft unless someone can think of a more fair way?

  31. #2831
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    MikeHunt and wardy are out regardless. Beefy doesn't get a keeper next year.

    All of our new players will start from the base of the draft unless someone can think of a more fair way?
    @Beefy

  32. #2832
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Is there a full list of rules I can familiarise myself with before the draft?

  33. #2833
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387


    There's probably more.

  34. #2834
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    I've sent out PMs to the existing players to see if they want to carry on next year and I'll put some new stuff together once I've spoken to MMH.
    @Beefy you need to clear your PMs

  35. #2835
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Confirmed so far:

    BBF
    Beefy
    MMH
    Chris Scott
    Peter Griffin
    Gary J
    JimboWay
    Mik
    Mikey
    Simon

    Standbys:

    Hurley
    sof
    The Rosk
    Alex
    Reech

  36. #2836
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Rajah ID:
    Team Name:
    Team Nickname:
    Team Kit Colours:
    Keeper (Can be changed up until the draft):

    Please fill it out if you are in next season. I think the summer could be a bit dodgy admin wise for a couple of reasons so I'm trying to get a jump start on a couple of bits.

  37. #2837
    Inter Milandy
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38,674
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11389
    Rajah ID: Andy
    Team Name: inter milandy
    Team Nickname: the biggest club in the world
    Team Kit Colours: blue/black
    Keeper (Can be changed up until the draft):

    Please whatsapp me when it’s draft time

  38. #2838
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Beefy’s going to be heartbroken.

  39. #2839
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    54,316
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    365864
    If tonight was Hazard's last game in English football, then thanks to him for all the memories as well as Dobbie saving my arse from relegation.

    I told BBF I wouldn't be taking part next season due to my work schedule and going to StJohnstone games, but I will be a subby if the numbers are short.

  40. #2840
    Legend Mik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    71,677
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    136497
    Rajah ID: Mik
    Team Name: Mikton Leynes
    Team Nickname: The Camp Town Ladies
    Team Kit Colours: Pink and Yellow, like a fruit salad
    Keeper (Can be changed up until the draft): I don’t get one?

  41. #2841
    Bluecurești UK Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    RFF Champion 17/18
    Posts
    13,294
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    48840
    somalia
    Rajah ID: UK Blue
    Team Name: UK Bluecurești
    Team Nickname: The Ukuleles
    Team Kit Colours: Blue and Gold
    Keeper (Can be changed up until the draft): Danny Rowe (Fylde)

  42. #2842
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    You're back in then?

  43. #2843
    Bluecurești UK Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    RFF Champion 17/18
    Posts
    13,294
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    48840
    somalia
    Yeah I'll go for another year.

  44. #2844
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Rajah ID: Simon
    Team Name: Borussia Si-Monchengladbach
    Team Nickname: the Nervous Nellies
    Team Kit Colours: Purple and navy blue, like this
    Keeper (Can be changed up until the draft): N/A
    Last edited by Simon; June 4th, 2019 at 11:12 AM.

  45. #2845
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Borussia Si-Monchengladbach

  46. #2846
    NOICE! Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    THE NINE NINE!
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    283802
    netherlands
    FC Si(m)on

  47. #2847
    Bluecurești UK Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    RFF Champion 17/18
    Posts
    13,294
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    48840
    somalia
    Simontreal Impact

    Simonaco

    Dinamo TbiliSimon

  48. #2848
    NOICE! Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    THE NINE NINE!
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    283802
    netherlands
    Simontrose

  49. #2849
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    Borussia Si-Monchengladbach
    That'll do

  50. #2850
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Hey @BBF, I'm just checking if Sergio Aguero is available for drafting? Thanks































    @Beefy

  51. #2851
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    When is this bastard fucking thing happening then?

  52. #2852
    Not asleep The Beer Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    9,454
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    89311
    uk
    I know I was shit last time, but I think I'd like another go, if that's alright?

    Rajah ID: The Beer Monster
    Team Name: FC Beercelona
    Team Nickname: The Mods
    Team Kit Colours: Navy blue

  53. #2853
    Bluecurești UK Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    RFF Champion 17/18
    Posts
    13,294
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    48840
    somalia
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That'll do
    MikeHuntgladbach wannabes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    When is this bastard fucking thing happening then?
    Draft is in late July (usually starts around the 22nd) - season begins on the first weekend in August.

  54. #2854
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,261
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    100403
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Hey @BBF, I'm just checking if Sergio Aguero is available for drafting? Thanks































    @Beefy
    I hate you so much

  55. #2855
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    I know you do. I have given you so much yet you still do.

  56. #2856
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,261
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    100403


    You're not having Aguero though.

  57. #2857
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Whoever gets to pick first in the draft will get him as an option. The team who picked him at the start of last season’s draft got relegated.

  58. #2858
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Just checking numbers on this because if BBF has enough for a full league he won't have to be held to planned ransom by relegated AFC Beefy demanding to keep Sergio Aguero, who will then spend an entire season moaning about how crap the game is.

    @BBF
    @Beefy
    @MMH
    @Chris Scott
    @Peter Griffin
    @Gary J
    @JimboWay6
    @Mik @Mikey_Jones
    @Simon
    @UK Blue

    @Alex is on a potential list, taking the reins from me, even if he doesn't think he is.

    @Hurley, @son_of_foley also standbys as far as I can see.

    14 would be about enough right?

  59. #2859
    NOICE! Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    THE NINE NINE!
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    283802
    netherlands
    I'm in for sure, Every league needs a whipping boy.

  60. #2860
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    I'm in as well, for definite this time.

  61. #2861
    Midcarder
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    micronesia
    Preseason training has already started for AFC Jimbledon

  62. #2862
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboWay6 View Post
    Preseason training has already started for AFC Jimbledon
    Shame about Blair going to Dundee United innit. You must have been devastated when you got that news.

  63. #2863
    OK at Madden Mikey_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,953
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    31259
    uk
    I am in

  64. #2864
    Legend Mik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    71,677
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    136497
    I’m in.

  65. #2865
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    I've just sorted the spreadsheet for the new season and sent it to Rich to check for the inevitable errors.

    We're looking at a draft date of around the 24th July.

  66. #2866
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    If Rosk wins from 16 we will never hear the end of it.
    ANvbjagjajgagkkgs

  67. #2867
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Right

    Draft date will be 9am on Wednesday 24th July. First fixture is August 3rd and the schedule can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2000396706 The spreadsheet might not be 100% accurate at the moment but the schedule is finished. Ignore everything else for the moment.

    Our player list and draft order is:

    1. Rosk Ounty
    2. eBBFleet United
    3. Gazatasaray
    4. UK Bluecuresti
    5. AFC Jimbledon
    6. Christal Palace
    7. FC Mighto Molly Hollyhock
    8. Torn_Jones
    9. Griffin St Petersburg
    10. AFC Beefy
    11. Simon
    12. Andy
    13. The Beer Monster
    14. Mik

    A couple of new rules:

    We're moving to 7 man squads as it will stop people sitting on players as much and, hopefully, improve activity.
    Trade deals MUST be made in the thread (I'll post it in a few days) and once a trade has been agreed there will be a 24 hour period where every other player will be able to approach the traders for their offers. Once that 24 hours is up, whatever is agreed by all parties will happen.
    Trades MUST be 1 for 1. No multi man trades.
    There can only be ONE trade between teams per season ie Mikey_Jones and Beefy can only trade one player between their squads in a season.
    Once a player is dropped he is NOT able to be picked up for 5 minutes by ANYONE. This eliminates the issue last season where I basically had a monopoly on Rory McAllister when Reech dropped him. Once 5 minutes has expired that player is free game. Forum time stamps will be used to determine the 5 minutes, nothing else. The usual rules apply with not being able to drop a player for one COMPLETE game week and not being able to re-pick a player for 1 COMPLETE game week.
    Last edited by BBF; July 4th, 2019 at 9:28 AM.

  68. #2868
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,764
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    80172
    Inspired by the tremendous season of reigning champion The Rosk and his assistant manager Alex, also known as Rolex, Mikey_Jones and I have entered an unprecented agreement to merge legendary clubs Fiorentorna and Mikeybi Haifa, bringing myself out of retirement to take up a Director of Football position. Name TBD. How can we top Rolex ffs.

  69. #2869
    What'cha gonna do? Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Over
    Posts
    25,375
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    148425
    canada
    2 teams with 8 League titles between them


  70. #2870
    What'cha gonna do? Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Over
    Posts
    25,375
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    148425
    canada
    What you saying about that @Matt E?

  71. #2871
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Reech picked 1245
    Simon picked 1126
    Andy picked 1030
    The Beer Monster picked 1981
    Mik picked 1982!

    So thats the draft order. I've edited it into the post above.

  72. #2872
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Go on Mik. I won it last year from the bottom of the draft, and you bloody can too.

    It looks like despite his relegation, Beefy is going to be allowed to keep Sergio Aguero. Shocking.

    Odds on first draft pick by Rosk Ounty:

    evens: Lawrence Shankland (Dundee United)
    2/1 Bobby Bindley (Alloa)
    10/1 WESLEY (Aston Villa)

  73. #2873
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Is there any preparation I can realistically do for this? As a newbie would it be better for me to stick with players I know (ie. Prem and Championship) or if I look at the goal stats from last season + title odds for this season I should be able to get a rough idea of who is worth going for?

  74. #2874
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    What do you think Simon?

  75. #2875
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Also what is the reasoning for this rule? Not questioning it, I just don't understand what the effect is, why 5 minutes makes a difference.

    Once a player is dropped he is NOT able to be picked up for 5 minutes by ANYONE. This eliminates the issue last season where I basically had a monopoly on Rory McAllister when Reech dropped him. Once 5 minutes has expired that player is free game. Forum time stamps will be used to determine the 5 minutes, nothing else.

  76. #2876
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    What do you think Simon?
    I'm just trying to make sure I go in on a relatively even footing with everyone that has been playing for years so thought I'd ask seeing as people might have experience of taking a punt on Shug McLumpfur of the Highland Caber Tossers and it going well, or sticking with known entities and it paying off.

  77. #2877
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Also what is the reasoning for this rule? Not questioning it, I just don't understand what the effect is, why 5 minutes makes a difference.
    So last season I made a trade with Reech and as part of the same post he dropped a player. The trade (and therefore his transfer) wasn't complete until I confirmed the trade on my side so I had first refusal on his player when no one else could even try and sign him. Introducing a small buffer of 5 minutes at least gives everyone a window to sign a player.

  78. #2878
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I'm just trying to make sure I go in on a relatively even footing with everyone that has been playing for years so thought I'd ask seeing as people might have experience of taking a punt on Shug McLumpfur of the Highland Caber Tossers and it going well, or sticking with known entities and it paying off.
    Obviously the more knowledge you have of all the leagues the better as it will give you more of a chance to pick a scorer with a bigger pool to pick from. But for reference, Rolex won the league last year with Tammy Abraham, Teemu Pukki, Dwight Gayle, Mo Salah, Cauley Woodrow as the top stars, but we will never EVER forget the importance of Martin Rennie at Montrose beating MMH on his own with a two-goal salvo.

  79. #2879
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Is there any preparation I can realistically do for this? As a newbie would it be better for me to stick with players I know (ie. Prem and Championship) or if I look at the goal stats from last season + title odds for this season I should be able to get a rough idea of who is worth going for?
    However you want to play really. My personal opinion is that to do well you need to be looking across the leagues and not restrict yourself to one or two leagues. You'd rather have the players from 9 leagues to pick from that 1, just logically.

    If you take mine and Rosk's teams from the final day, they had: 2 Prem players, 2 Championship, 2 League One, 2 League Two and 2 Scottish players. Thats a pretty good mix.

  80. #2880
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Obviously the more knowledge you have of all the leagues the better as it will give you more of a chance to pick a scorer with a bigger pool to pick from. But for reference, Rolex won the league last year with Tammy Abraham, Teemu Pukki, Dwight Gayle, Mo Salah, Cauley Woodrow as the top stars, but we will never EVER forget the importance of Martin Rennie at Montrose beating MMH on his own with a two-goal salvo.
    FYI @Simon - none of these players were in my draft, so a few of them were pickups along the way, or trades.

  81. #2881
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Strap in boys because these questions will keep coming.

    Right, so with trades...do trades happen often? Because logically every trade is likely to be weighted in favour of one player...so is it just if you have a hunch that another player's (poorly performing) player is going to pick up, you might be willing to trade for someone you have who is doing better currently?

    And with pickups, do these happen regularly? I mean in theory I can't just fuck my entire team off each week and pick some new guys up if they happen to have easier matches that week? Actually I might be able to answer my own question there - you wouldn't do that because then you might not get your original players back as others will pick them up.

  82. #2882
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    So last season I made a trade with Reech and as part of the same post he dropped a player. The trade (and therefore his transfer) wasn't complete until I confirmed the trade on my side so I had first refusal on his player when no one else could even try and sign him. Introducing a small buffer of 5 minutes at least gives everyone a window to sign a player.
    Why wasn't him dropping the player complete until the trade was done? Like how are they connected?

  83. #2883
    I'm always watching you.. MMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    33,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    82521
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    So last season I made a trade with Reech and as part of the same post he dropped a player. The trade (and therefore his transfer) wasn't complete until I confirmed the trade on my side so I had first refusal on his player when no one else could even try and sign him. Introducing a small buffer of 5 minutes at least gives everyone a window to sign a player.
    Or in Laymans terms to stop BBF cheating.

  84. #2884
    Bluecurești UK Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    RFF Champion 17/18
    Posts
    13,294
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    48840
    somalia
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    Right

    Draft date will be 9am on Wednesday 24th July. First fixture is August 3rd and the schedule can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2000396706 The spreadsheet might not be 100% accurate at the moment but the schedule is finished. Ignore everything else for the moment.

    Our player list and draft order is:

    1. Rosk Ounty
    2. eBBFleet United
    3. Gazatasaray
    4. UK Bluecuresti
    5. AFC Jimbledon
    6. Christal Palace
    7. FC Mighto Molly Hollyhock
    8. Torn_Jones
    9. Griffin St Petersburg
    10. AFC Beefy
    11. Simon
    12. Andy
    13. The Beer Monster
    14. Mik

    A couple of new rules:

    We're moving to 7 man squads as it will stop people sitting on players as much and, hopefully, improve activity.
    Trade deals MUST be made in the thread (I'll post it in a few days) and once a trade has been agreed there will be a 24 hour period where every other player will be able to approach the traders for their offers. Once that 24 hours is up, whatever is agreed by all parties will happen.
    Trades MUST be 1 for 1. No multi man trades.
    There can only be ONE trade between teams per season ie Mikey_Jones and Beefy can only trade one player between their squads in a season.
    Once a player is dropped he is NOT able to be picked up for 5 minutes by ANYONE. This eliminates the issue last season where I basically had a monopoly on Rory McAllister when Reech dropped him. Once 5 minutes has expired that player is free game. Forum time stamps will be used to determine the 5 minutes, nothing else. The usual rules apply with not being able to drop a player for one COMPLETE game week and not being able to re-pick a player for 1 COMPLETE game week.
    All sounds good apart from the seven-man squad part - with only 14 teams signed up and nine leagues to choose from we should really stick with squads of eight. Just throwing it out there.

    Also keep in mind that the McAllister trade issue was an anomaly resulting from uneven trades (e.g. 2 for 1) so once only 1 for 1 trades apply, the five minute transfer rule is effectively redundant.

    OK to share the spreadsheet?

  85. #2885
    I'm always watching you.. MMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    33,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    82521
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Strap in boys because these questions will keep coming.

    Right, so with trades...do trades happen often? Because logically every trade is likely to be weighted in favour of one player...so is it just if you have a hunch that another player's (poorly performing) player is going to pick up, you might be willing to trade for someone you have who is doing better currently?

    And with pickups, do these happen regularly? I mean in theory I can't just fuck my entire team off each week and pick some new guys up if they happen to have easier matches that week? Actually I might be able to answer my own question there - you wouldn't do that because then you might not get your original players back as others will pick them up.
    You COULD do that but you wouldnt really as there will not realistically be enough good players to choose from. It would also take you a good few hours each Saturday morning or whatever to do that. Generally you have your core players and chop and change the rest as and when.

  86. #2886
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    They cheated as the trade was not completed because both managers have to post the trade before the trade is considered legitimate. Because the trade was not completed, Reech inexplicably transferred out Rory McAllister "to make space in the squad" in order to give BBF one of his squad, and accept two players from BBF. Reech gave up and wanted to help BBF, and fuck others over for the lolz basically. It was frankly audacious and shocking behaviour by all concerned and everyone was DISGUSTED.

    Therefore, as punishment, BBF was given the rights to completely change the game rules and run it next season by himself.

  87. #2887
    What'cha gonna do? Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Over
    Posts
    25,375
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    148425
    canada
    Public perception of trade fraudsters:
    1. The Rosk
    2. Alex
    3. BBF

    Actual trade fraudsters
    1. BBF
    2. The Rosk
    3. Beefy

  88. #2888
    I'm always watching you.. MMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    33,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    82521
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Why wasn't him dropping the player complete until the trade was done? Like how are they connected?
    For a transfer to be confirmed both parties have to confirm it in the thread.

    So if I trade you Kane for Richarlison lets say then I would post something like

    Trade:

    OUT Richarlison (Everton)
    IN Harry Kane (Spurs)

    (and the updated squad)

    You would then post

    Trade confirmed

    IN Richarlison (Everton)
    OUT Harry Kane (Spurs)

    Of course this leaves an open window if someone was dropping a player at the same time. If we spoke to each other about the trade I could say "By the way I am also dropping Son to make room for this trade, you may want to snap him up". As only me and you are in this conversation nobody else would know I was dropping Son so you would be ready to pounce.

    Only sly cheats would do that like.... but it has happened!

  89. #2889
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Strap in boys because these questions will keep coming.

    Right, so with trades...do trades happen often? Because logically every trade is likely to be weighted in favour of one player...so is it just if you have a hunch that another player's (poorly performing) player is going to pick up, you might be willing to trade for someone you have who is doing better currently?

    And with pickups, do these happen regularly? I mean in theory I can't just fuck my entire team off each week and pick some new guys up if they happen to have easier matches that week? Actually I might be able to answer my own question there - you wouldn't do that because then you might not get your original players back as others will pick them up.
    re: pickups - this is basically where you have to decide to have faith in your players or not. For example, last season, Reech dropped Teemu Pukki when he got injured for a month in October, as he wanted to have more ammo in the squad gun for the four weeks that Pukki was out. I noticed Pukki was back from injury and nobody picked him up, so I grabbed him and then he went on to score 20 odd goals.

    This is where the game can kill you.

    Trades are really fun and IMO a crucial part of this game. Theoretically, trades can never be exactly equal as no two players' records are exactly the same, but if you make an offer, it can be accepted or not. You often seen players in real form being offered for well-known strong players out of form, for example - and the other way round too.

  90. #2890
    I'm always watching you.. MMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    33,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    82521
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Public perception of trade fraudsters:
    1. The Rosk
    2. Alex
    3. BBF

    Actual trade fraudsters
    1. BBF
    2. The Rosk
    3. Beefy
    Lets face it, I am the only whiter than white manager here.

    Oh maybe Jimbo, but that's just because he has not been fully corrupted yet. Once that RFF poison hits him though...

  91. #2891
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Jimbo is already more corrupted then 95% of the managers ever to have played the game. How he didn't take Salah, Pukki and Abraham all for Blair Henderson last season I'll never know.

  92. #2892
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    For a transfer to be confirmed both parties have to confirm it in the thread.

    So if I trade you Kane for Richarlison lets say then I would post something like

    Trade:

    OUT Richarlison (Everton)
    IN Harry Kane (Spurs)

    (and the updated squad)

    You would then post

    Trade confirmed

    IN Richarlison (Everton)
    OUT Harry Kane (Spurs)

    Of course this leaves an open window if someone was dropping a player at the same time. If we spoke to each other about the trade I could say "By the way I am also dropping Son to make room for this trade, you may want to snap him up". As only me and you are in this conversation nobody else would know I was dropping Son so you would be ready to pounce.

    Only sly cheats would do that like.... but it has happened!
    So in theory couldn't that happen even without the trade? Like if I was about to drop Kane, I could just tell a person of my choosing that I was about to do it so that they could pick him up first?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    re: pickups - this is basically where you have to decide to have faith in your players or not. For example, last season, Reech dropped Teemu Pukki when he got injured for a month in October, as he wanted to have more ammo in the squad gun for the four weeks that Pukki was out. I noticed Pukki was back from injury and nobody picked him up, so I grabbed him and then he went on to score 20 odd goals.

    This is where the game can kill you.

    Trades are really fun and IMO a crucial part of this game. Theoretically, trades can never be exactly equal as no two players' records are exactly the same, but if you make an offer, it can be accepted or not. You often seen players in real form being offered for well-known strong players out of form, for example - and the other way round too.
    Right that makes sense, ta.

    Another question - I keep seeing mention of relegation, but I only see one league?

  93. #2893
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    So in theory couldn't that happen even without the trade? Like if I was about to drop Kane, I could just tell a person of my choosing that I was about to do it so that they could pick him up first?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Right that makes sense, ta.

    Another question - I keep seeing mention of relegation, but I only see one league?
    i) This is why BBF has made the landmark decision to allow a massive five minutes before people can pick up a dropped player.

    ii) Previously those teams that were "relegated", ie in the bottom three, were not allowed to have a "keeper" for the next season. This drives interest in keeping playing even though you're at the bottom and unlikely to win, and not just have some people coming up against shit untouched squads and unbalancing everything. However, BBF has decided that everyone could get a keeper from last season, so Beefy therefore is going to start the season with Sergio Aguero as a keeper, despite moaning all year about how shit the game is and being "relegated".

  94. #2894
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Just to clarify and putting it out there early so there's no confusion and Rosk doesn't text me 11 times a day saying BEEFY CANT HAVE AGUERO.

    If you finish in the bottom three this season you WILL NOT have a keeper for next season.

  95. #2895
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Blue View Post
    All sounds good apart from the seven-man squad part - with only 14 teams signed up and nine leagues to choose from we should really stick with squads of eight. Just throwing it out there.

    Also keep in mind that the McAllister trade issue was an anomaly resulting from uneven trades (e.g. 2 for 1) so once only 1 for 1 trades apply, the five minute transfer rule is effectively redundant.

    OK to share the spreadsheet?
    I've considered both ways but I think 7 man squads is better personally as it just stops people hanging onto someone because they've got the extra squad space. I dunno, I can see the merits of both sides so happy to put that one to the majority.

    Yeah if anyone wants access to the spreadsheet just request it via the link above and I'll grant it.

  96. #2896
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    I literally have never texted you that. Yet another falsehood from a known RFF cheaty weaty.

    I have simply sought to clarify.

  97. #2897
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    i) This is why BBF has made the landmark decision to allow a massive five minutes before people can pick up a dropped player.

    ii) Previously those teams that were "relegated", ie in the bottom three, were not allowed to have a "keeper" for the next season. This drives interest in keeping playing even though you're at the bottom and unlikely to win, and not just have some people coming up against shit untouched squads and unbalancing everything. However, BBF has decided that everyone could get a keeper from last season, so Beefy therefore is going to start the season with Sergio Aguero as a keeper, despite moaning all year about how shit the game is and being "relegated".
    Don't take any of these questions as disagreement I'm still just trying to understand - wouldn't keepers be more useful to people who finished bottom? I mean if I got fucked the previous season, wouldn't a keeper balance it out a little? Whereas the top players getting keepers means they are more likely to stay at the top? I'm sure this has all been refined over the years so like I say I'm not saying it's wrong, I just wanna get my head around everything.

  98. #2898
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,637
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166144
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Or in Laymans terms to stop BBF cheating.
    Yeah basically. I still maintain I didn't have a clue that Reech was dropping McAllister but it was heavily in my favour obviously and I've tried my best to quash the issue

  99. #2899
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,307
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    223387
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Don't take any of these questions as disagreement I'm still just trying to understand - wouldn't keepers be more useful to people who finished bottom? I mean if I got fucked the previous season, wouldn't a keeper balance it out a little? Whereas the top players getting keepers means they are more likely to stay at the top? I'm sure this has all been refined over the years so like I say I'm not saying it's wrong, I just wanna get my head around everything.
    But then you'd have incentive to play shit intentionally if you were lower midtable 2/3 of the way through the season.

  100. #2900
    Shit is orrrn Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    When I die they'll put my face on money
    Posts
    134,087
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    578296
    zimbabwe
    Oh yeah good point

    - - - Updated - - -

    How quickly am I expected to have picked a side on BBF-being-a-cheating-bastardgate?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •