User Tag List

Thread: Why is WWE so boring?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is WWE so boring?

I don't watch that much WWE anymore, mostly just NXT. So I caught Extreme Rules, and the show was a tumorous bore. How can WWE have the most gifted and talented roster be so mediocre? What do they need to change in order to spark some life into the product and give WWE some balls again?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shows are extremely boring and by the book. It seems like all their stories follow the same formula. Most of the feuds are 50/50 booking as well. There is just nothing fun about the product. Their top face gets booed out of the building, other faces get booed and have no heat (Lashley, Roode, Reigns), you have heels that get cheered (Elias, Rusev).

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Over-produced, formulaic, and no reason to care.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's not, to me. It's not usually until I come on here where I find out people didn't like something. I've been surprised at reactions to shows that I've thought were genuinely entertaining.

I mean it seems show after show people say the same thing, yet they keep watching. I get that you're hoping for a change in the show, but at some point you have to say to yourself "Maybe this isn't for me"
    Last edited by A Monster Among Posters; July 16th, 2018 at 1:44 PM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Raw main event scene is the only thing that's really boring IMO.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Monster Among Posters View Post
    It's not, to me. It's not usually until I come on here where I find out people didn't like something. I've been surprised at reactions to shows that I've thought were genuinely entertaining.

I mean it seems show after show people say the same thing, yet they keep watching. I get that you're hoping for a change in the show, but at some point you have to say to yourself "Maybe this isn't for me"
    I don't watch a full show. I would read results and watch highlights of what i find interesting. I might watch an hour total of raw. When the NFL starts, i won't be watching at all.

Bagel
    It's hard to care about who is in second place on RAW because you never know when the universal title is going to be defended. It feels like there hasn't been a title match since Mania for it. When Brock had that title run a few years back that was great stuff to watch. But now, meh. After seeing those matches involving Roman, Joe, Braun, etc the aura of invincibility just isn't there. And when he loses the title I don't think anyone is going to care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I don't watch a full show. I would read results and watch highlights of what i find interesting. I might watch an hour total of raw. When the NFL starts, i won't be watching at all.
    So you'd rather watch lions versus the jets and Seattle versus the bears weeks 1 and 2?talk about boring

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the last three hours of Extreme Rules and thought it was a decent show. It was a placeholder, but that was pretty clear coming in and the July pay-per-view is often that way with Summerslam coming up. I do wish they had followed through on the #1 Contender's match, that would have given us a big main event that would have felt like it really mattered.

The big thing for me with WWE right now is they aren't really running with anyone I find particularly compelling. I'm into Seth Rollins right now and his amazing run of matches, but he's not in the world title picture. I'm all about Daniel Bryan but he's been doing nothing since he came back.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone under the age of say 25 going to post in here or even on this message board?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch View Post
    So you'd rather watch lions versus the jets and Seattle versus the bears weeks 1 and 2?talk about boring
    Yes, i love football. football games are exciting to me.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a rather bland and poorly written product that's so incredibly repetitive it's worse than a child's cartoon for God's sake. It has one bright spot: it depends on heavily, which is the marvelously gifted athletes and the high risk moves they make.

Repeated weekly watching at the rate they intend for a fan to watch can only leave a person of average intelligence or better in a zombified state asking for their zanex....

- - - Updated - - -

Where's my zanex?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a massive sense of confusion or picking battles to be stubborn on. A loose example of it is making the most of maximizing a moment. The B-Team is clearly something that caters more to like a cult-like appreciation, though it has moments of having a general audience being in favor of them. They go ahead and appease the/that audience and pay it off with a series of wins and a championship. Rusev is in the same boat, but they really haven't done a lot in the last several months to strike on that appeal he's got.

I do think they try to be too cute or appeal to too wide of an audience, so that makes the likelihood that much higher of whatever you're watching in a given segment and/or match not necessarily being for you specifically.

The stories or journeys the characters take on crater more often than not. It's not entirely due to injuries either. Owens is a guy who seemed much hotter in terms of interest a year or two ago and he's just kind of there. He's entertaining in what he does but that's just because he's naturally an entertaining guy. There's not a lot of substance to his character on a consistent basis. They just get so focused on what's going on at the top or near the top of the card and everything else just gets formulaic. And if you're not getting the paint by the numbers booking, you're pretty much lost (guys like Finn).

There's really no major excuse for the show(s) to be as flimsy as they are right now. There's way too much talent across the board and a development and stronger commitment to the women over recent months/years.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Yes, i love football. football games are exciting to me.
    Can't say the same I do love wrestling though, even though I don't watch as much RAW or Smackdown as I probably should. There's enough out there to keep following without watching the shows though. This Week in WWE is great, as are their video packages before matches.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is WWE so boring? Maybe because they're making tons of money with a substandard product. When Fox will pay them 1 Billion for mediocrity, why do more than is necessary? They won't start putting in effort until the money stops coming in. Expect at least 5 more yrs of what we've been getting.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real answer is because we're old.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Why is WWE so boring? Maybe because they're making tons of money with a substandard product. When Fox will pay them 1 Billion for mediocrity, why do more than is necessary? They won't start putting in effort until the money stops coming in. Expect at least 5 more yrs of what we've been getting.
    We know all that. The question here is asking WHY it's a mediocre substandard product.

EDIT
    Maybe I need to rephrase that. The question isnt why WWE are putting out a bad product, because that's been discussed to death. We want to know what it is that makes the product bad.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What if you're all boring and the WWE is the hippest cat in the land and this all stems from jealousy?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    We know all that. The question here is asking WHY it's a mediocre substandard product.

EDIT
    Maybe I need to rephrase that. The question isnt why WWE are putting out a bad product, because that's been discussed to death. We want to know what it is that makes the product bad.
    Sasori's answer is probably the "right" one. What makes the product "bad" is that the WWE don't have any reason to deliver anything more if they're making more money than any other period of time in their business. So if they're going "Shit, we're making more money now than we were with Hogan and Austin..."

It's like, why would Justin Bieber put out music that sounds like Dream Theater if he's making bank with these nursery rhyme butt songs? ACDC played the same 4 chords and same 2 drum beats for 45 years while Slayer had to tour for 45 years straight just to make the rent for the studio apartment they share.

What made Vince and company so dangerous and entertaining in the 80's and 90's is that they had real competition in the wrestling business. Vince had the territories to slay in the 80's and WCW in the 90's. Notice that when WCW wasn't a threat the product Vince put out where half ass with a pretty great roster. How does Kevin Nash draw so low in 1995 yet is one of the biggest draws in the sport a year later in WCW? Because in 1995 the WWF didn't give a fuck and WCW did so they had to go all out. And it worked.

That's the #1 issue with today. Nobody to truly test Vince and his brand. And good luck finding anyone to ever truly do it. Sure there's room for the Young Bucks to have a Funko at Hot Topic or Ring of Honor and New Japan to hold a show at MSG but come on, anyone who realistically thinks in any short amount of time another promotion will bring some type of "war" is fooling themselves.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Sasori's answer is probably the "right" one. What makes the product "bad" is that the WWE don't have any reason to deliver anything more if they're making more money than any other period of time in their business. So if they're going "Shit, we're making more money now than we were with Hogan and Austin..."

It's like, why would Justin Bieber put out music that sounds like Dream Theater if he's making bank with these nursery rhyme butt songs? ACDC played the same 4 chords and same 2 drum beats for 45 years while Slayer had to tour for 45 years straight just to make the rent for the studio apartment they share.

What made Vince and company so dangerous and entertaining in the 80's and 90's is that they had real competition in the wrestling business. Vince had the territories to slay in the 80's and WCW in the 90's. Notice that when WCW wasn't a threat the product Vince put out where half ass with a pretty great roster. How does Kevin Nash draw so low in 1995 yet is one of the biggest draws in the sport a year later in WCW? Because in 1995 the WWF didn't give a fuck and WCW did so they had to go all out. And it worked.

That's the #1 issue with today. Nobody to truly test Vince and his brand. And good luck finding anyone to ever truly do it. Sure there's room for the Young Bucks to have a Funko at Hot Topic or Ring of Honor and New Japan to hold a show at MSG but come on, anyone who realistically thinks in any short amount of time another promotion will bring some type of "war" is fooling themselves.
    Because a majority of people, like me, find ROH and New Japan and Cody Rhodes to be boring.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because a majority of people, like me, find ROH and New Japan and Cody Rhodes to be boring.
    I would honestly say that the majority of people just don't know about either one on the same level that they do WWE, especially since the WWE has monopolized the industry over the last 17-18 years pretty easily.

To this day I think if Spike promoted TNA-Impact the way they promote every other show, that company would have been in a much much bigger spot. That and maybe not let Jeff Jarrett be the #1 guy lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would honestly say that the majority of people just don't know about either one on the same level that they do WWE, especially since the WWE has monopolized the industry over the last 17-18 years pretty easily.

To this day I think if Spike promoted TNA-Impact the way they promote every other show, that company would have been in a much much bigger spot. That and maybe not let Jeff Jarrett be the #1 guy lol.

I'd like to see working relationships amongst the wrestling companies. A little cross-promotion would only benefit everyone. But I suppose the styles of each company is vastly different to do that?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going to be incredibly hard, borderline impossible for a company in the US to come close to competing with WWE. It's different for ROH in the sense their importing NJPW talent but even with that, it wouldn't be able to consistently compete because they can't consistently have that talent readily available. What helps differentiate NJPW is the fact that's legit wrestling and they are just trying to dip their toe in the sports entertainment aspect. Being different is the hook for an audience. ROH and Impact aren't different enough to come across as anything other than second or third rate compared to WWE.

It's also different for NJPW because they're on the other side of the world. I can't imagine Vince is that concerned about NJPW in that regard. That said, Jericho clearly respects Vince and doesn't want to impede things because he doesn't work NJPW events when they're in America.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince isn't concerned because he knows that he can go to Japan and match any attendance.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the majority of people dont even access ROH or new japan to know if they find it boring.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because there's no consequences for anyone in storylines, which means absolutely nothing is at stake.

They still book like a promotion that's trying to sell tickets to the next show in town, instead of writing an episodic TV show.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The 50/50 booking is pretty nauseating. Big UFC main events drum interest because someone on a hot streak is going to be derailed and it's a big deal. With WWE why invest in a main event when they're just going to run it back a million times splitting wins? Again, zero reason to care. Consequences are important.

Another issue: product oversaturation. Is there still 5 hours of mainline WWE tv every week? "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" is more than just a cliche.
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; July 16th, 2018 at 7:48 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real answer is because we're old.
    Bullshit, oh wise one.

I was already old when Hulk Hogan won his first WWF Champion and even older - as old as you are now when the beloved attitude era began. Nothing about being old stopped me from enjoying wrasslin' then. It honestly stopped being as much fun in 2001. Um, what happened that year?

Therefore the answer must lie other than our ages, like in the fact that the WWE is force feeding a very mediocre product that repeats and repeats and repeats and repeats ad um fin item every commercial in case you are 5 years old, mentally retarded or a stroke victim watching their programming.

if you're not, you gotta be ready to throw something through the screen to get Michael Cole to stfu already.

or..

hand me my xanex.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because nothing about the production or presentation of the show has changed in 20 years.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    They can't make stars. Its as simple as that. Their biggest women's star was made in the UFC. Their Raw champion is MIA. AJ Styles should be The Guy, but he is treated like a mid carder. Roman has been a disaster since 2016. Yet, they sorta got lucky by shoving Cena down our throats with the "Any Reaction Is A Good Reaction." That has backfired til Punk showed up to finally break down the 4th Wall. Punk helped make Bryan and Bryan is their last break out star and that was almost three years ago. They also treated him like shit before and after he won the title.

They have an amazing poll of talent, but are so afraid of doing anything to piss of a 70 year old, its pathatic. More pathatic is after Vince not being there at Extreme Rules, I think the booking may get worse. They are also going to be less energized with the Fox/USA deal. The McMahons are set for life and no one can stop them until maybe Smackdown dips into the 2s or Murdoch dies and the board realize $1 Billion for an over the hill show is lunacy and kill it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they spent three hours to set up a main event for the following week that we just saw the previous night.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Because nothing about the production or presentation of the show has changed in 20 years.
    I'd say it has, for the worse that is..

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's bigger and better versions of the exact same shit.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't really recall a time when they were in such a rut, creativity wise.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Nothing matters; wins and losses, titles, ppv's, absolutely nothing at all.

Despite having a stupidly massive roster do we need to see the same match ups week after week. It would be amazing if they could change the model up a bit and do something new, the league/points system on SD looked like fun but was forgotten after a week.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just watched the entire RAW for the first time since the tree fell on my house a while back (blessing in disguise there) and honestly, what a chore.

heres a few items:

way at too much wrestling, especially women's wrestling.

Sorry, yes I know the women are here to stay but they bore the crap out of me. Bailey and Sasha girl fighting is cringeworthy. Three segments per show, way too much.

In any case, the weekly show should set up your ppv, not mirror it exactly. What is the point of ppv or a big event if they do the same things against the same people every week? Mojo Rawley vs Tyler Breeze was the most interesting match because I haven't seen it 169 times before and it had some different spots in it than we usually see.

And of course, the writing or lack thereof sucks.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Womens wrestling moans....

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is boring when compared to the attitude era because we aren't seeing multiple unprotected chairshots, piledrivers, or blood.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    It is boring when compared to the attitude era because we aren't seeing multiple unprotected chairshots, piledrivers, or blood.
    No that's not it at all.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The internet and social media have ruined everything. The shock and surprise factor is gone. We know way too much about backstage politics now. We have a million wrestling podcasts/websites/etc telling us what is going on. All you have to do is go on twitter and see that ___ is about to tape a movie so you know there is no way he/she will win the title, because he/she will be taking time off. Also, if someone says something wrong on social media that could effect their storyline status etc etc. Real life has intertwined too much with the product and too many outside sources of information effect how the product is presented. This leads to WWE to take the "safe route" in bookings and then leads to a boring and predictable show.

I also think 3 hours of Raw, and 4 hours of PPV's are too long.

Also agree with a few here that the wins/losses mean nothing anymore. The same match gets replayed over and over.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    sounds like we have a severe case of AES!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much airtime imo. It's a chore to follow. I pretty much only watch NXT now and that shows that WWE can produce an exciting product to follow.

The differences are that on NXT most feuds are fresh and not overdone, it's rare you have a feud that the build up consists of the pair feuding having matches every week to build up to it. That at least gives me something that I want to see. Characters aren't on TV every single week that protects them from.getting stale.

It's usually kept to three/four matches per week so it's a good amount of ring time combined with just enough outside of ring stuff to keep everyone interesting and fresh.

The titles seem important and meaningfuln. They are able to make it as though everyone on the roster is gunning for a title because they are meaningful but not everyone gets a blast on a merry-go-round round of belt swaps just to say they've achieved something.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't need to see guys hit in the head with the chair, I think we all understand that these people are not going to be endangering their heads in any sport. Times have changed.

But one thing that really hurts the production is when they show replays - of which the producer is choosing from multiple shots in split second timing - and they constantly show a shot that pulls back that fourth wall and shows just how badly these guys miss these supposedly devastating hits that are knocking out and hurting the opponent, but when shown in slow motion and/or from another angle, the viewer can clearly see the foot, fist, boot, body, etc never connected with the target.

Its like going to see a magician and then having all the 'magic' exposed as laughablely bad tricks right behind his back as he blabs on incoherent about how great this trick is like Michael Cole does about the WWE product. It's downright laughable but not in a good way like Jesse, The Brain or The King were...

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the amount of airtime is the real issue. They have a talent enough roster to make up for it and they're making money. It's them being formulaic, the vast amount of rematches, recycling of feuds and 50/50 booking that are bigger issues. Why not just have one match blow-off with a decent build then move on sometimes. Why does every feud have to be a series? If the feud is worthy of a series then no problem but they do it with almost everything. Even stuff like No Way Jose/Mojo Rawley.

They should take a page out of NXT's book. Smaller timeslot, smaller roster compared to the main shows yet they keep everyone fresh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're lazy bastards is why. No creativity. They might try a week or 2 of skits for wrestlers, then they're straight in or straight back in to cookie cutter wrestling/promo people, where everybody wrestles the same people ad nauseam and cut the same catchphrase laden promo ad nauseam. They're capable of fucking greatness too, it's just so rare. Why not run dark matches while they show skits? I can understand the live event audience wants to see all the stars in action, they paid a ticket, but the TV audience doesn't need. One of the huge reasons Elias got over was that he didn't just wrestle.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allthrue Fanny, they're coasting. It will have to take something really drastic financial and ratings-wise to change it. To the general masses, they're the only game in town and Raw's still one of the best performing shows so they're not in trouble with the Networks. They can spin Reigns' focus all they want until something really bad happens.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote earlier that WWE is boring because they have no incentive to be creative. If I was to give a deeper reason, I'd say it's because they book the entire company around 1 Show and 1 Person. The 1 Show is WrestleMania and the 1 Person is Roman. All the big angles are saved for 'Mania. It's the biggest show of the year with the most eyes on the product, so they usually go all out when promoting it (There's been some pretty bad builds in recent yrs. though). It's funny because 'Mania has become such a cultural event that it sells itself. The shows throughout the rest of the year are what really need the hype. On top of this, the company pretty much revolves around Roman. Roman in the morning, Roman in the evening, Roman at suppertime. This means everything outside of the Main Event scene isn't given proper attention. It's an afterthought. Whenever they stray from this, it's because of some "X" Factor that comes up. If they didn't think there was money in India, Jinder would never have gotten the rocket strapped to his back. As soon as reality sunk in, they dropped him like a sack of dirt and it's back to business as usual.

Intercontinental Champion Andrew6586's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one who cant stand Corey Greaves? He is horrible and really annoying. His look is God awful. His hair is an abomination. Hes not funny and just sucks entirely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Because Vince is an old retard.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew6586 View Post
    Am I the only one who cant stand Corey Greaves? He is horrible and really annoying. His look is God awful. His hair is an abomination. Hes not funny and just sucks entirely.
    I felt he was really good in NXT. From the very little I've seen (heard?) of him on the main roster, not so much. Pretty much everyone will get worse on the main roster since any bit of creative freedom they had in NXT will be taken on the main roster. Graves didn't have OCD, micro-manager Vince McMahon in his headset back at Full Sail.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They make some good points in that video, but are reaching with others just so it fits their narrative. When Stephanie was Head of Creative, she wasn't that involved in the creative side. She was more of an intermediary between the Writers and Vince who always, always, has the final word. They were off the mark with some others, but their main point about the gradual slide in quality is sound. It's nothing new to anyone who's watched consistently over the last 10 yrs.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE is boring because RAW being 3 hours completely oversaturates the product. RAW isn't meant to display 4-5 star matches (they should be saved for PPVs), but because of the 3 hour slot, they have to fill it with below average meaningless matches, usually rematches.

RAW will kick off with an okay promo, but it immediately turns into "lets get a ref in here, we are having a match RIGHT NOW!!!"

and then the PPVs are usually filled with rematches of matches you have already seen 100 times on RAW or SD.

there just isn't any compelling "entertainment" behind the matches. and the matches mean nothing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Oh shit, I haven't checked out or cared about the Raw ratings in years but a YT video popped up and I saw last weeks Raw drew a 1.73 rating. That's worse than the abysmal 1995 ratings.

Seems more and more people do find WWE boring.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's not at all why the Attitude Era was entertaining.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Attitude era had this ability to not only be car crash tv which in itself is exciting but you cared about everyone even the jobbers. People mixed it up no matter where their status was. Stone cold would have matches with the new age outlaws in one on one matches for example. Now the main eventers only face main eventers unless they are forced into some tag team with another main event (roman and bobby lashley vs dash and dawson)

Everyone seemed to have a story line and those storylines mixed together with other ongoing storylines so you felt things were happening. Right now Roman had a match with lashley and lost but we are getting that match again and noone cares.

The wrestling itself wasn't great but the story was. What stories are being told right now? Its just matches and setting up of matches but nothing telling me why they are happening.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I actually heard Bruce Prichard attributing the fact that pretty much everyone was over on some level during the Attitude Era to Vince Russo.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RAW

Akam – Beating up Titus world wide
    Apollo Crews – Getting beat up by authors of pain
    Baron Corbin – Constable fueding with finn for being short
    Bo Dallas – Tag champ undefeated storyline
    Bobby Lashley – Hates roman
    Bobby Roode – Losing storyline?
    Braun Strowman – Hates kevin owens (missing: reason)
    Bray Wyatt – Lost to B-team must get title back
    Brock Lesnar – Not around
    Chad Gable - currently not in a storyline
    Curt Hawkin – Losing streak
    Curtis Axel – Tag champ undefeated storyline
    Dash Wilder - currently not in a storyline
    Dolph Ziggler – IC title currently not in a storyline
    Drew McIntyre – Dolphs partner currently not in a storyline
    Elias - currently not in a storyline
    Finn Bálor – fueding with baron corbin for being small
    Heath Slater - currently not in a storyline
    Jinder Mahal – Tranqulio character change currently not in a storyline
    Kevin Owens – getting killed by braun (missing: reason)
    Konnor - currently not in a storyline
    Matt Hardy – Lost to B-team must get title back
    Mojo Rawley – Getting pushed as a total dick
    No Way Jose - currently not in a storyline
    Rezar - Beating up Titus world wide
    Rhyno - currently not in a storyline
    Roman Reigns – Uncrowned champion
    Scott Dawson - currently not in a storyline
    Seth Rollins – Lost IC title currently not in a storyline
    Titus O'Neil – Getting beat up by authors of pain
    Tyler Breeze – currently not in a storyline (Partner hurt)
    Viktor - currently not in a storyline
    Zack Ryder - currently not in a storyline

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown

Aiden English – cost russev his wwe championship match and feels bad
    AJ Styles – World champion needing a challenger
    Alexander Wolfe – Feuding with New day
    Andrade "Cien" Almas – New upstart wants competition
    Big E – Feuding with Sanity
    Cesaro - currently not in a storyline
    Daniel Bryan – Feuding with Miz (big storyline background)
    Eric Young – Feuding with New day
    Harper – Tag champs wants challengers
    Jeff Hardy – Fueding with randy for unknown reasons as yet
    Jey Uso – wants tag titles
    Jimmy Uso – wants tag titles
    Karl Anderson- currently not in a storyline
    Killian Dain – Feuding with New day
    Kofi Kingston – Feuding with Sanity
    Luke Gallows - currently not in a storyline
    The Miz – Fueding with Daniel Bryan (big storyline background)
    R-Truth – Just returned to smackdown may try and enter money in the bank
    Randy Orton – Fueding with jeff hardy for unknown reasons
    Rowan - Tag champs wants challengers
    Rusev – Friend cost him the title what now for russev day?
    Samoa Joe – beating up tye dillinger
    Sheamus - - currently not in a storyline
    Shelton Benjamin
    Shinsuke Nakamura – New US champion maybe involved with jeff/randy
    Sin Cara – hates Andrade Almas
    Tye Dillinger – Getting beat up by samoa joe
    Xavier Woods – Feuding with Sanity

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyd46 View Post
    The internet and social media have ruined everything. The shock and surprise factor is gone. We know way too much about backstage politics now. We have a million wrestling podcasts/websites/etc telling us what is going on. All you have to do is go on twitter and see that ___ is about to tape a movie so you know there is no way he/she will win the title, because he/she will be taking time off. Also, if someone says something wrong on social media that could effect their storyline status etc etc. Real life has intertwined too much with the product and too many outside sources of information effect how the product is presented. This leads to WWE to take the "safe route" in bookings and then leads to a boring and predictable show.

I also think 3 hours of Raw, and 4 hours of PPV's are too long.

Also agree with a few here that the wins/losses mean nothing anymore. The same match gets replayed over and over.

I agree that the internet hurt wrestling. Pre-taped shows, the news of negotiating contracts and appearances, etc. take the steam out of a lot of surprises. The last time I was legit surprised was when Brock Lesnar returned in 2012 after Wrestlemania. I had no idea he was rumored to come back and I was only watching because it was the Raw after wrestlemania.

There's an oversaturation of the product too,
    There's so much wrestling between streaming and live television, not just WWE either. It's a full time job to keep up with everything so I just tune in casually and take the shows for what they are. This may be why I love Carmella while others can't stand her. schtick, lol.
    I'll catch 15-20 minutes of Raw and Smackdown.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    A couple of years ago I watched Raw, Smackdown, NXT, Main Event, WWE Superstars, Lucha Underground, RoH and New Japan (gave up on TNA in 2012 or 2013), it was a lot of wrestling to keep up with. Now I watch NXT and the odd NJPW show which is more than enough for me. Sometimes less is more.

Muzungu
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man. If Extreme Rules was your first viewing of the WWE in a long while, I feel bad for you.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Who said I watched Extreme Rules? Or was it "you" as anyone in general?

I've probably not watched a full WWE PPV in almost three years or something. I did watch the mixed-tag at WrestleMania though.

/Oh, I also skipped through the Rumble match because I wanted to see Rey Mysterio.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Extreme Rules as background noise, other than that haven't seen anything since 'Mania weekend. I really enjoyed Wrestlemania yet it did absolutely nothing to establish reasons to watch regularly. The best match was the part-timers and Rousey, the Asuka unbeaten storyline ended, Cena basically got written off, the main title stayed on a part timer, they didn't commit to big wins for Balor or Nakamura. It was an entertaining show that left no bite. I'll be watching Summerslam because it's been very consistent over the years, hopefully something will inspire a bit of a viewing resurgence but if not I'll be back for the Rumble. Was my viewing pattern between the Shawn retirement and the Pipebomb to be fair, a good angle can change interest. When was the last organic, great angle though? Brock/Taker in 2015? At a push the Ambrose cash in?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Last time I can remember feeling sort of excited about WWE was when Punk won the WWE title at MitB. Was that like 2012? Could have been great, but no..

I actually might have watched Asuka/Charlotte from mania as well, it was really good. Old age and fading memory..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was 2011. To be fair there was always enough to pique interest for a while. Punk story bombed when Nash got involved, then they had the Rock/Cena feud and the Jericho teases. Goes straight into Brock and Punk/Bryan. Ryback gets hot. Shield debuts within a month of killing him. 2013 is a genuinely great year of TV with Shield, Bryan, Wyatts, Cesaro, Rhodes family etc. 2014 opens hot, Rollins turn, Brock/Cena, Sting debut. 2015: Rollins cash in, dullish spring with a solid Rollins/Ambrose programme, Brock/Taker, Rollins injury switchup. 2016 Shane return, Styles/Reigns, Draft, Jericho/Owens team, Goldberg return. 2017, solid 'Mania build, Hardyz return, Strowman hype, Angle return, Shield reunion. 2018 great start with the Rumble, Asuka and Nakamura. Since? Both lose, constantly, and nobody looks close to breaking through. Boring being the word.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Was this forum, so fucking boring and full of utter bullshit posts?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was excited when Daniel Bryan came back the last time in 2015, I could feel the intensity, why folk s so loved him, his connection to the crowd....

then they threw his ass out of the rumble halfway through so God forbid, he would not have any of his magic 'I'm Over Like Rover Dust' accidentally rub off on The Chosen One (Reigns) so he might seem like a real live babyface.

we all know how things have gone since then....

Muzungu
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post

I've probably not watched a full WWE PPV in almost three years or something. I did watch the mixed-tag at WrestleMania though.

/Oh, I also skipped through the Rumble match because I wanted to see Rey Mysterio.
    I was referring to the OP, though I feel bad for anyone who wasted their time watching the garbage that was Extreme Rules 2018. I only started watching WWE again within the past year or two, and have watched every PPV since Backlash or Slamback or Backwash, whatever the one before Wrestlemania this year was called, and while they've been mediocre at best (including a VERY underwhelming and bloated WM in 'Nawlins), Extreme Rules was a pile of steaming wet shit that splattered forth from the collective anuses of the creative team. If you listen closely, you can still hear the last remaining traces of mud being sharted out onto the ground below. *pllllllttttttccccccchhhhhhhshshhhhhhhhchhh* *plip* *plip* *plop*

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post

youre sure up here a lot for somebody who dosent watch WWE