User Tag List

Thread: Fiction Fight 6 - Round 1 - #1 HIM (mth) vs. #8 Itchy (Jarrod1983)

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fiction Fight 6 - Round 1 - #1 HIM (mth) vs. #8 Itchy (Jarrod1983)

Alright kids, it's time for the debate tie between HIM @mth and Itchy @Jarrod1983 . Once this is posted, the two debatees will have EXACTLY 5 DAYS exactly in order to make their arguments for why their combatants would defeat the other in a fight, using their canonized powers and a battleground of my choosing. Their tie will end at 9:00 PM ON TUESDAY July 15th. Before that, though, here's a little information on the combatants.

HIM vs. Itchy

HIM
    Special Abilities: Vary wildly from moment to moment, general dickishness

Itchy
    Special Abilities: Functionally unkillable

Their battleground will be...

Tennis Court Under the Ocean

The coin flip reveals that HIM will have the first post, and Itchy can respond anytime after that. The combatants are limited to three posts, one introduction and two rebuttals, and as was said earlier, they have 5 DAYS to complete these posts. Each post has a 250 word limit, but can have unlimited pictures and videos. And THE FIRST POSTS FOR EACH MAN MAY NOT RESPOND TO ANYTHING THE OTHER PERSON SAID. First post for each man is for an introduction, and then rebuttals can begin from there. Abuse of this rule or the word limit may result in disqualification. Once both men have entered all three posts and I have closed the debate, voting will commence immediately, and all of you are firmly encouraged to join in the voting. Any question should be directed to the Fiction Fight Discussion Thread, and nobody should be posting in here except for the combatants until the debate is closed.

And one last note. New this year is the opportunity to make a challenge to the judges if you feel that your opponent is bending the rules, or giving themselves powers beyond what is reasonable for their character. To do this, add a line at the end of your post that begins with CHALLENGE: and then state your case in a sentence or two. The judges will convene to decide the outcome.

So with all that said, let's see a good fight and GET TO IT LADS!

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one will even say His name. That ought to give you an idea of who He is. Some say he might be the devil Himself. Evil, intelligent, powerful, manipulative, sadistic, and goddamn fabulous. Him is the Powerpuff Girls' most dangerous foe.
    Whether He's manipulating the innocent Bubbles to turn against her sisters via her beloved stuffed octopus, turning the entire city of Townsville's love for the Girls to hate (resulting in the Girls having to beat the shit out of their own loved ones), bringing a piñata monster to a birthday party just crash it and cause dental problems, Him is giddy to do some fucked up stuff. Why? Sometimes jealousy, vindictiveness, and a short-temper, sometimes personal amusement and sadistic pleasure, but always EVIL.

Even disregarding his psychological plots, when it comes to straight-up scrapping, he's got a massive arsenal of powers at his disposal: shape shifting, telekinesis, mind control, flight, energy beams, acid spit, teleportation, I could go on and on. Not to mention lobster claws and those heels, honey!
    And He likes to keep in shape, too...

So here we are on a tennis court full of people under the ocean. You're a mouse trapped in a cage with The Evilest of Evils and The Cruelest of the Cruel. And He's going to turn all these tennis players and fans into his personal army of vermin exterminators. And while you're busy fighting off the horde, He'll easily finish the job Himself with a grin on His face.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No grin is brighter than when Itchy is slicing and dicing. A truly devilish creature in his own right, Itchy is a master of surroundings. We've seen Itchy pose as a Cop, Carpenter, Barber, Golfer, various Doctors and a Pastor, just to mention a few. Itchy has his John McEnroe headband and loaded James E. Cornette tennis racket ready and raring to go for this one.

Nothing, man or creature, wields weaponry as efficiently as Itchy. Although the Ax may be his favorite, Itchy can plant a bomb, dice you up with a butcher knife or trick you into position for a nice, warm acid bath. Fire arrows, bazookas, tommy guns or fire ants-all at his disposal. Itchy is prepared for any chance to do his favorite hobby, cold blooded murder. This, coupled with Itchy's unmatched intellect at devising ingenious traps has Itchy primed to do damage at a massive scale. Of course, if Itchy is around, so is Scratchy. The ultimate abused friend is not a fan of anyone trying to mess with misguided pal Itchy, even if Itchy is planning on planting a ax in Scratchy's cranium as soon as he's served purpose. Scratchy, most certainly, will be right in the middle of this battle.

Let chaos in the underwater tennis court reign. With hundreds of people trapped with Lucifer (unlike the Powerpuff Girls', this mouse isn't afraid of name calling), it is the perfect time for Itchy, true cruel evil, to take Hell's throne.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can slap on a tennis outfit but you're still a blue mouse, that's not getting past anyone. Doesn't really matter, though, like I said: mind controlled army. Speaking of “getting past”, I suspect this place has some rigid security, I hope you have plans for how you're going to sneak your weapons in. Which ones are you bringing specifically? Choose carefully because one difference between us is that you need weapons, you need to bring an arsenal or set up a trap, you need things. Him is his own arsenal. If your choice doesn't get the job done, you're just a mouse.
    You can't say Scratchy will be here, too. You signed up as Itchy not Itchy and Scratchy.
    Speaking of Scratchy, the majority of Itchy's experience is in killing that innocent, dim-witted, often unsuspecting cat. “Innocent and dim-witted” does not describe Him. Quite the opposite. And as far as “unsuspecting” goes, well, Him was probably watching you before we even got here...
    https://streamable.com/53yat
    Also, on the contrary, Him's experience is repeatedly fighting a trio of miniature Supermen, a team of superheroes with their own vast array of amazing powers. And you are not them. They're not here. And what happened when they weren't around in the episode “Speed Demon”? Him took over the goddamn world...

Him feeds off negative emotion. The fear and panic of the crowd will only make Him grow stronger...
    Him has the advantage in location, arsenal, experience, power. You're done, son.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The security here is laughable. Itchy stops for no mall security wannabe. No need to sneak weapons in. Like you say, I'm a mouse. Any nook and cranny opening I am through. No need to choose weapons. Itchy's Orange shirt has incredible pocket space. Anything Itchy needs, he has options. Scratchy is "dim-witted" but is always with Itchy. Like a "shield", Itchy would sacrifice Scratchy to save himself. Not that it will come to that (your overconfidence is plenty enough opening for Itchy to manipulate), but the option is there.

Besides the crowd, you haven't gone into detail about how you'd kill Itchy. You flash your powers, but are content to mess with Itchy. Your 'mind controlled army" is ripe for killing. Speaking of the crowd, if Satan has them under control, how is Lucifer feeding off their fear and panic. They can't panic if they are under your control. With everyone's mind wiped there is no fear, no negative emotion. There is no emotion to be prayed upon. Itchy may be a mouse, but this mouse has no fear. No fear? Your about as lethal as my best friend, Scratchy.

Beelzebub has always underestimated The Powerpuff Girl's heart. Itchy has miles of heart. You underestimate Itchy. You're busy powdering your face. Itchy, quiet as a church mouse, is busy slicing your gut open and is making a yummy bowl of "Stabby-Os" cereal in your open wound. Pink daggers, green hatchets or yellow ice picks anyone?

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Security's no issue because you're a mouse with a magic shirt full of hammerspace. Fine. You're trying to shoot me or stab me...

As I listed in my first post, I've got ways to evade and ways to attack. I can counter whatever you want to throw at me. As mentioned, I routinely combat a trio with superhuman strength, speed, and various projectile abilities. You just trick and surprise a stupid cat. And again, without that trio to stop me, I conquered the world.

Again, NO, you don't have Scratchy. That's just legit against the rules. But even if you did, I'd just turn him against you like I turned Bubbles against her sisters (twice) or turned the Professor against them...

...or, you know, just kill him as easily as you constantly do.

Regarding the crowd, if I'm controlling them, I am controlling their emotions. I made them hate the Girls and now I'll make them hate and fear you.

https://streamable.com/dkg2v

You joke that that I'm “about as lethal as Scratchy”...except there's that one episode, “Burning Down the Mouse” where “Scratchy finally gets Itchy!”. So we know he can beat you. An idiot cat that you regularly kill with relative ease and laugh off as a non-threat once murdered you quite thoroughly.

Also, hope you don't say His real name...

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You still underestimate Itchy.

Villains have weaknesses. Yours is overconfidence. You're drenched in it. It's always your downfall against The Powerpuff Girls. No different here. Additionally, the fact that The Powerpuff Girls fear you and Itchy does not scares you. You are not scary to these blank, gleaming murderous eyes and it makes you second guess yourself.

Glad you brought up Scratchy killing me. It proves every underdog can emerge victorious. Scratchy got me that day. Itchy kills you this day.

Since you brought up former episodes of Itchy and Scratchy lets talk about the untitled Itchy and Scratchy episode in The Simpsons, season 7 episode 18, "The Day the Violence Died". Itchy is seen expertly praying. A huge sandal then crashes down, squashing Scratchy. Itchy is then seen cooling relaxing in the clouds. Since you are The Devil, Lucifer or whatever you want to be called, you literally would fold like Superman covered in Kryptonite if this happens. It's never stated that it's God, so no God like power, just Itchy diving into his "Magic Shirt" of tricks and using a ability he has displayed and won with before. Itchy prefers to maim but if the occasion calls for it, will surely pull out all stops. A battle with Satan himself sounds like the perfect spot to unleash this power. This would demolish everything and surely send Satan back to Hell to ponder his rash, brash, cocksure, foolhardy flaws and his choice of heels.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THIS MATCHUP IS CLOSED.

JUDGES, PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR VOTES. @Psycho666Soldier @Mazer @BBF

Everyone else is welcome to vote down below starting now!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a really close argument, but I have to give this one to mth.

Jarrod got off to a great start rebuffing the security, his supply of weapons and saying Him was overconfident. However I wasn't entirely convinced by his use of Scratchy and he tried to rebuff mth saying the crowd would just be braindead zombies doing nothing. However mth showed in one his clips that the mind-controlled people did attack the girls. Also Jarrod made an error at the end saying Itchy's praying for a sandal wasn't God. It's God's foot that smashes Scratchy and Itchy's shaking hands with God at the end.

Well done to both guys though, a great read.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    mth.

Well played by both but the experience that mth brings just hands him the win, tighter arguments, no wasted words, no mistakes.

Little details but enough to separate the two here.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote for mth

You know what, I was actually leaning towards Jarrod before the final two posts, but when Jarrod's entire point about the mind controlled army was comprehensively countered by mth's evidence his debate fell flat and the final post couldn't recover in the slightest.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MTH.

First off he was right, you can't use Scratchy and it was weird homeboy continued to incorporate him lol. But it also worked for mth who pointed out the ability to turn people, but it wouldn't be THAT hard considering the well known Tom and Jerry relationship those 2 animals have.

Mth was just too slick with the counters.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mth

The argument countering Jarrod trying to get around the mind control was just better. mth is and always has been a tight writer, so it's hard to slip one by him.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!

Here are your judges votes:

Quote Originally Posted by BBF
    Both guys presented good arguments on why their choice was a good one without ever really cementing how they would defeat the other. I think mth did enough for the win though, there wasn't really a defence for mind controlling the supporters in the tennis court and, whilst Itchy had a good arsenal of weapons, the argument for the tiny mouse wasn't strong enough to over come Him for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer
    What a fantastic fiction fight. I went back and forth on this match. There were multiple strong points, but overall the main things that stuck out were:

Jarrod's points about itchy's shirt for weaponry and space were solid. His counter punch to mth's original point about the security was masterful to the point of largely forcing a concession by mth. Jarrod counterpunched here like a 2005 Chuck Liddel.

I thought Jarrod had mth on his counter of the crowd control point, and seemed to be in control of the debate as well. But mth reversed the reversal like he was playing WWE 2k. By pointing out that crowd control of emotion allowing the flexibility HIM needs he largely negated that counter. Mth also went solidly on the offensive by showing HIM's damage resistance. While I thought Jarrod was in bounds bringing Scratchy into it, and thought mth spent a little too much effort on Scratchy being against the rules, he more effectively dismissed Scratchy by simply pointing out the ease with which HIM would take care of Scratchy.

Jarrod's last shot where he brought in Itchy calling down the divine sandal was an interesting Hail Mary. Adding this statement "It's never stated that it's God, so no God like power", weakens the overall point of God (clearly implied) trampling the Devil. There could have been some interesting counter punching tying in that tied into mth's world take over point.

In the end, the cartoon mouse clearly did run with the Devil, but the Devil got his Due. Mth gets my vote, as his rebuttals were strong, and his offensive points stood better on their own merit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho
    This was a much more interesting match-up than how it looked on paper. mth's assessment that Itchy is clearly outmatched seemed to true to counter, but Jarrod did a wonderful job in proving the homicidal mouse a worthy adversary. He countered the question of how he'd get past security well, and was sharp in pointing out that mth didn't start off explaining how exactly he'd beat Itchy. mth did a great job showing off Him's powers and explaining how without the Powerpuff girls, Him is all-powerful. The biggest hindrance to Jarrod's argument was trying to prove that Scratchy would be involved, and mth properly called that out and even explained how even with Scratchy, he would easily be disposed. mth did a good job showing how Itchy's physical abilities would ultimately be null against Him, and at that point, I was willing to give the victory to mth. However, Jarrod was smart in pointing out Him's overconfidence and the fact that he feeds off fear. He proved that Itchy wouldn't have any reason to fear Him when even the Powerpuff Girls are scared of him. Turning mth's point about Scratchy killing Itchy around was pretty brilliant, and ultimately, his point about having access to divine intervention was very strong.

I don't think Jarrod ever properly countered the issue of the crowd being manipulated by Him, but I also don't think mth ever made much of a case for how it would actually help him.

This was a really hard one, and I'm still not too confident on who truly wins this fight based on what we got. But in all honesty, as controversial as it might sound, the last post really did convince me that Itchy would come out on top in a battle against Him.

Jarrod1983
    And your reader vote is for: mth

YOUR WINNER AND MOVING ON: mth aka HIM!