User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania XXXV

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that would be nice. Shame he’s still injured.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Yeah that would be nice. Shame he’s still injured.
    Ali isn’t injured anymore.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardy's are in the Battle Royal. Absent (thus far) are Kevin Owens, The Bar, Rusev, Nakamura, The Revival, Ricochet and Black. Uso's defending against the guys who have been used as Vince's hitmen makes sense. Don't know about Owens, maybe Zayn returns and they get added to a tag title match?

Women's battle royal confirmed too.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Angle/Cena pull off a show-stealer.
    lol. angle can't turn his head or stand up straight. he's cooked. he's not stealing anything anymore.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah in all honestly it's not gonna last long, It'll probably be similar to Taker/Cena last year and Brock/Goldberg and get about five minutes where they mostly hit signature moves and finishers. Deep Six then kick-out. Couole of suolexes in the middle.Angle Slam then kick-out. Possibly End of Days then kick-out but End of Days gets countered into the Ankle Lock then Corbin gets to tapping.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Hardy's are in the Battle Royal. Absent (thus far) are Kevin Owens, The Bar, Rusev, Nakamura, The Revival, Ricochet and Black. Uso's defending against the guys who have been used as Vince's hitmen makes sense. Don't know about Owens, maybe Zayn returns and they get added to a tag title match?

Women's battle royal confirmed too.
    Is Shelton confirmed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Ali isn’t injured anymore.
    Ah though he still was.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he's still in it. Here's the announced list so far, 26 guys:

https://rajah.com/node/wwe-announces...restlemania-35

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also according to this article, WWE officials didn't realise that Harper's been cleared from injury for months but he's wrestling Donovan Dijakovic at Axxess:

https://rajah.com/node/luke-harper-r...ng-used-months

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    At this point most of you don't even like wrestling. You just like to moan about it.

Find a new hobby, it'll be more fulfilling.
    You almost hit the nail right on the head except moaning about wrestling IS fulfilling to them.

You must've been around a few Internet forums in the past few years... Or Facebook.. Or twitter..Or the comment section of YouTube...Or....

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What do you do if you don't like moaning?

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's always groaning.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Yeah he's still in it. Here's the announced list so far, 26 guys:

https://rajah.com/node/wwe-announces...restlemania-35
    There's four guys that aren't listed there that are primed to have an amazing match together.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Kevin Owens was supposed to be in the ARMBAR, but he's not on the list of 26 people.

Odd. He HAS to be in that match right?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant4Ever View Post
    I thought Kevin Owens was supposed to be in the ARMBAR, but he's not on the list of 26 people.

Odd. He HAS to be in that match right?
    I could see Vince McMahon adding Kevin Owens to the WWE Title Match as a screw you to Kofi...
    I'd much rather Kofi and Bryan have a singles match, but it's in character for Vince...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Some of the tag teams suspiciously absent from the card or battle royal...

- Xavier & Big E
    - The Usos
    - The Revival
    - Authors of Pain
    - The Bar
    - Rusev & Nakamura

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Draft Kings is doing a Wrestlemania pick 'em for free. Here are the questions, spoiler'd for length. My answers in bold.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    With Beefcake in the HOF this year, they missed an opportunity to do a hair vs. hair match!

Has there only been two hair vs. hair matches at Wrestlemania? Molly vs. Victoria and Trump vs. McMahon?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so who's in the hall of fame?

Hart Foundation, DX, Harlem Heat, Honkey Tonk Man, Torrie Wilson and Brutus?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I believe that's correct. I assume DX are the headliners.

That's an awful lots of H names. Hart, Honkey, Harlem Heat, Hunter Hearst Helmsley....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been predicting it, and I'm not changing it:

Natalya is teaming with a Hall of Famer in a Tag Team Match on the same night that her father is inducted into the Hall of Fame as a Tag Team Member.

Nattie and Beth are winning the belts, or Beth turns on Nattie when they have the match won.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    I've been predicting it, and I'm not changing it:

Natalya is teaming with a Hall of Famer in a Tag Team Match on the same night that her father is inducted into the Hall of Fame as a Tag Team Member.

Nattie and Beth are winning the belts, or Beth turns on Nattie when they have the match won.
    The timeline is a problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I'm concerned, they aren't inducted until they stand on the stage on Sunday (or whatever because everyone is dead)

Point is, the ceremony is non-canon

(i'll never admit i'm wrong)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which will last longer: The entrance for The Demon (start of music to the ringing of the bell or music starting for Lashley) or the actual match?

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take Balor/Corbin from SummerSlam, swap out Corbin for Lashley, and that's exactly what we're getting.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which will last longer: The entrance for The Demon (start of music to the ringing of the bell or music starting for Lashley) or the actual match?
    You have to imagine a couple matches will end up being really short and this one is at the top of the list.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill Casey, can you hijack the OP and put the card in there (and maybe the date/start time)? There are casual fans like me out there who need this info and I'd rather get it here than wikipedia!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on a dot com exclusive, it seems like The Revival versus Ryder and Hawkins is going to be the tag title match. Give the New Yorkers (mainly Hawkins) the win.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on a dot com exclusive, it seems like The Revival versus Ryder and Hawkins is going to be the tag title match. Give the New Yorkers (mainly Hawkins) the win.
    this makes no sense honestly. especially considering how many people at the stadium aren't even from new york.

edit: this is not a shot at you. it's at the WWE for coming up with this match out of nowhere when the Revival have been feuding with Black and Ricochet.
    Last edited by PurePlayer; April 2nd, 2019 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, wtf? Give a title shot to the jobbers who haven't won a match in years just because it's their hometown instead of the hot AF team that the champs are actually feuding with. If they're gonna do it, make it a one-move squash win for Revival and then they get on the mic and laugh and ask for a real challenge, have Black/Ricochet as second challengers who win the belts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they do the angle of WWE got Jussie Smollett's lawyer and got the Charges Dropped For All Three

would be awesome

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im glad they’re doing a winner takes all for the womens title, the rumored all 4 horsewomen (horrible name btw) celebrating at the end of WM all as champions sounded super lame.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Bill Casey, can you hijack the OP and put the card in there (and maybe the date/start time)? There are casual fans like me out there who need this info and I'd rather get it here than wikipedia!
    Yeah, the jobber that created the thread needs to get back in his lane.

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Im glad they’re doing a winner takes all for the womens title, the rumored all 4 horsewomen (horrible name btw) celebrating at the end of WM all as champions sounded super lame.
    Unless Becky and Charlotte have Rousey in submission hold at the same time and she taps..... I want to think they wouldn't do such a scenario for Wrestlemania but it wouldn't surprise me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Unless Becky and Charlotte have Rousey in submission hold at the same time and she taps..... I want to think they wouldn't do such a scenario for Wrestlemania but it wouldn't surprise me.
    There was a rumor that who ever go pinned would lose their title so that Becky would pin Ronda and Charlotte would keep her title thus Beck, Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley would all have titles.

I hope Beth sticks around awhile after WM, she's looked pretty good and I'd like to see her go 1 on 1 with Charlotte, Becky and Nia.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Bill post the card with pictures please

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohmust remember to get Cewsh to change virm's name back after Mania. Unless he likes it or I conveniently forget.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the card is pretty much final, with The Revival vs. Hawkins and Ryder getting added on the show probably. Pre-show is the battle royal's and the Cruiserweight title match as expected. Only question marks really are Mysterio's health and what Kevin Owens is doing. I'm guessing they hold Owens off and that's the catalyst to transition into the vicious heel we know and love.

Matches with big potential - Bryan/Kofi, Rollins/Lesnar and Becky/Charlotte/Ronda. Honestly, the best triple main event on paper in an age, quality and stakes wise. Three matches where the crowd should be pretty unanimously behind the babyface. All 3 could provide the vaunted "Wrestlemania Moment", particularly Kofi. The figurative roof should blow off the place if he wins. That's the match I'm all in on.

Reigns/McIntyre, Orton/Styles and the 4-way men's tag should all be very good, bordering on great. If Orton and Styles go on quite early and get a bit of time, it could become the hidden gem of the year. They've put some passion behind the rivalry. Reigns/McIntyre is a big hoss battle that can't be bad, just depends on how late they go on. Inside the third hour and I think it's a sleeper pick for match of the night, any later and I can't see the crowd being much invested.

Angle/Corbin, Miz/Shane and HHH/Batista are the matches that don't have a whole lot of potential, but if they can overachieve then it'll put the show on an all time level. Angle deserves the win and a send off from Rock, Austin and Cena to be honest. Maybe have Corbin attack after the match, one by one the legends come out, batter him, then out of respect for Kurt they have a milk bash. Miz needs to win and the match needs to be as daft as humanly possible. Take it to the streets. HHH vs. Batista did have great chemistry back in the day, but this will need the smoke and mirrors. Could be fun if it's kept below 15, none of us need to see babyface HHH selling for half a decade.

Joe/Mysterio will likely be kept short or just be an angle considering Rey's injury. That's fair enough. It's a feud that needs to build heat for a match down the road. Balor vs. Lashley is just for the Demon theatrics, but that's cool. Interested to see what they do with the 'Mania budget. The women's 4 way will likely be sloppy as hell and heatless considering those involved, but they may have their work boots on. You never know.

Pre-show is pre-show - battle royal's will be fun enough, Murphy and Nese will beat the shit out of each other to a half filled stadium, Hawkins and Ryder should get a hometown pop.

Predictions and how I'd go about match order:

Uso's retain the titles in the opener. Should have a hot crowd, it's a spotfest so should have them into it early.
    Orton over Styles next. Keep the feud going, the famed ballshot to AJ followed by RKO.
    Angle over Corbin. With aforementioned legend involvement and send off.
    Joe over Mysterio, or whatever the angle is. I can see Ali or Owens replacing him and winning the title if that's the way they go though.
    Miz over Shane. Mad brawl, big bumps, clean win.
    McIntyre over Reigns. Come on, put Drew over while you can play the rusty card with Reigns. He needs a huge win.
    Hall of Fame.
    HHH over Batista. Should still have the crowd about 3 hours in.
    Elias stuff with 'Taker.
    Lesnar over Rollins. All 3 babyfaces aren't winning. No chance. Rollins isn't too hot at the minute and they can re-heat Braun to challenge in Saudi and win it there.
    Demon Balor over Lashley. Big entrance to perk the crowd up after the Rollins loss, short match.
    Women's 4-way. This won't have the crowd at any point of the night, may as well do it when they'll genuinely want a break. Give them 10 minutes, let people catch their voice, champs retain.
    Kofi over Bryan. Clean as a sheet, big celebration.
    Becky over Ronda by tapout to win the women's titles. Wrestlemania 10 ending with Boss 'N Hug as Razor/Lex and Charlotte as Owen, followed by fireworks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Keep Boss n' Hug away from Becky. They need to get away from having the women celebrating in groups.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said it after their first back and forth promo, but I never would have thought I'd say this in the broader sense: Orton/Styles was the best verbal promo build of anything to come from the matches building to Mania.

That was some great stuff on Smackdown. They didn't have a lot of time to verbally joust when it was being alluded that they were going to square off and after the fact it was announced, and these two aren't the greatest verbally, but they absolutely knocked it out of the park.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with you BGMaverick about Orton/Styles promo just killing it. Randy seems especially motivated for this, and we normally don't get to see that.

I would love to see KO complain to Bliss about her comment about his talk show, leading in to a comment about him not having a match but being the most deserving person on the roster. She says there's no room in any of the matches, but since he left his KO show segment without a word, clearly he wanted no part of either of them, perhaps he should be the special guest referee for the Orton/Styles match.

I fear that the Miz/Shane falls count anywhere match simply won't work so well in a huge stadium. They may spend more than half their time trying to get close to top of the entrance ramp. I suspect Mr. Miz will get involved, perhaps getting revenge on Shane.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Miz/Shane to be a recreation of the Hollywood Backlot Brawl. Shane attacks Miz backstage early in the show, and they keep cutting back to them fighting in ridiculous places before finally coming to the arena and having a finish in/near the ring towards the end of the show.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    15 matches total right? And with the RAW tag team titles matche that's 16? Is that the most matches on a PPV record?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mania 4 had 16 matches and Survivor Series 1998 had 18 if you include heat and the dark match

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They gave away the springboard RKO spot Tuesday and Styles had the original counter for the potential springboard mistake in their Smackdown match a while back. I wonder what they'll have in store this time around.

I'm wondering how things move forward both for Shane and Miz if Shane wins.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Flair to win, I want Big Dave to win, I want Brock to win, I want Danielson to win, I want Shane to win, I want Rhyno to win, I want Rey Jr. to win.

Something tells me I'm going to be the saddest person in that stadium.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legit question, is there any chance HHH actually loses? I am a fan of the feud either way.

It seems like this year was the year for HHH to get all his wins back. Beat Taker and now probably Batista.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see where Triple H loses. You may need a swerve result, something people don't expect and this is one of the few where it would resonate. This is a silly stipulation because Triple H can easily return. In reality, Vince is going to be insanely busy with the XFL and Triple H can handle more of the day-to-day needs of the main roster, so he can focus more on that and not be a crutch on TV. Or he could be a crutch, whatever. Either way, he can take on more responsibility backstage.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly was just assuming Triple H is going to lose so he can just stick to non-wrestling stuff going forward.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I want Big Dave to win, I want Strowman to win, I want Lesnar to win, I want Daniel Bryan to win, and most importantly, I want Tony Nese to win.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that The Usos have inked a new deal, I want them to retain at Mania. Show dominance as the best tag team of this generation and lead whatever the tag division of Smackdown will be after the shakeup.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usos retain and feud with Black/Ricochet. Could have some killer matches. Ladder match for the blow off.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    What about the rest of the New Day?

They beat Rusev/Nak and get left out?

Meh

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    I want Flair to win, I want Big Dave to win, I want Brock to win, I want Danielson to win, I want Shane to win, I want Rhyno to win, I want Rey Jr. to win.

Something tells me I'm going to be the saddest person in that stadium.
    Is this because you don't like Rollins, Becky, Kofi, Miz and Joe?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black, Knox, Kingston, Mizanin and Seanoa surely?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Legit question, is there any chance HHH actually loses? I am a fan of the feud either way.

It seems like this year was the year for HHH to get all his wins back. Beat Taker and now probably Batista.
    This is the same guy who felt going over Sting @ Mania 31 to look strong in a later segment that would potentially set up him v. The Rock @ WM 32 was the smart choice.

Either way if he loses, he'll be back. lol. His idol Flair retired 37 times, Triple H will figure out a way to be on every Mania card until he's 70.

I'd be shocked if Batista won since this was more about Batista over the last several years wanting his retirement match to be at Mania against Triple H. Then Trips can go starch Daniel Bryan, Roman, and Seth Rollins in a Fatal Fourway next year and he'll have avenged I believe every loss he's had in the WWF.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a no-duh comment but the only thing(s) I fear about this card are poor placement of matches and easy to second guess booking. I think the matches that have questionable efficiency in the ring can easily get masked by matches that can meet their own expectations or exceed them. People will watch good shit for a long time as long as it's good and flows well. Regardless, I think it'll run into the inevitable backlash of being too long but I think it's got a fairly good chance of being accepted well in terms of criticism. I have a feeling this will be fairly good, possibly great.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about this for placement assuming both battle royals and the cruisers are on the pre show

1. Finn Balor vs Lashley- Balor wins in a squash to start the show off hot
    2. Styles vs Orton
    3. Joe vs Mysterio
    4. Batista vs HHH
    5. women's tag
    6. Kofi vs Bryan

Hall of Fame break

7. Miz vs Shane
    8. Corbin vs Angle
    9. Smackdown tag titles
    10. McIntyre vs Reigns

Elias performance

11. Lesnar vs Rollins
    12. Triple threat

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My logic for having Balor late was for it to be dark for his entrance.

Main thing is Orton/Styles, HHH/Batista and Miz/Shane preferably all happening within the first 3 hours. They'll likely all get time and work best in front of an energetic crowd. A Balor squash and the triple main event will keep a tired crowd buzzing I think, anything else running into the fourth and fifth hour, besides 'Taker/Cena/Austin/Hogan/Rock shenanigans, struggles to keep the crowd.

Hell of a weekend of wrestling. NXT and NJPW cards are superb too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The show should open with The SD Tag Team Title 4 Way Match, then do Miz vs. Shane, then AJ vs Orton.

Then the Womens Tag Team Title Match, then Kofi/Bryan, then McIntyre/Reigns.

Then Samoa Joe/Rey, then HHH/Batista, then Corbin/Angle, then Lashley/Balor.

Then Lesnar/Rollins, Elias, then Triple Threat.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody else think this year's "road to Wrestlemania" has felt excruciatingly long? After the Rumble, WWE kind of just shoot through their 2 PPVs to get to Mania. Everything and everyone not named Becky, Charlotte, or Ronda has been exhausting. The last few Manias have pretty much sucked, and this is the first one where I'm not really looking forward to it outside the main event. I know the ladies are going to kill it, but I have doubts about this doing better business than last years.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree for the most part. I mean, for one, we've seen Lashley v. Balor I believe 8 times on Raw and twice on ppv. Nobody gives a fuck about the tag-team fatal fourway, the Corbin-Angle match is just idk how they even thought that was smart. The 2 battle royals, for one the women are non-existent in that and the men's is centered around 2 turds from SNL and Braun. Wow, Braun's last 2 Mania's were dog shit right?

Braun, one of the top guys for sure in the last 2 years has yet to have a significant WM match. Nicholas last year, and now this crap....

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am kind of excited. I do think the main title matches should deliver and I am excited for Orton/Styles as well. Very stoked for Takeover

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Anybody else think this year's "road to Wrestlemania" has felt excruciatingly long? After the Rumble, WWE kind of just shoot through their 2 PPVs to get to Mania. Everything and everyone not named Becky, Charlotte, or Ronda has been exhausting. The last few Manias have pretty much sucked, and this is the first one where I'm not really looking forward to it outside the main event. I know the ladies are going to kill it, but I have doubts about this doing better business than last years.
    It’s absolutely brutal that they’re trying to run PPVs in February and March while expecting to keep things fresh. I get having Elimination Chamber as one, but Fastlane is counterintuitive. They should take from NXT (mainly just Triple H) and make a meaningless but fun spectacle of Worlds Collide. It’s great brand exposure for everyone and allows things to breathe for a bit before Mania season and then you can crank back up.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I like Joe

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    he wants all of the non-favorites to win cause of the internet reaction.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    he wants all of the non-favorites to win cause of the internet reaction.
    In the build up I have found both Ronda and Becky to be genuinely annoying and Flair just not. Like that knee she hit on Monday with Ronda in the cop car was awesome.

This is going to piss some people off, but Rollins will always be Tyler Black to me and I fucking hated Tyler Black.

Can't stand The New Day.

Can't stand Miz.

Honestly I love Big Dave on top of not being able to stand Hunter.

I just love Rey so I want Rey to win. Nothing against Joe.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is this legacy wing inductee thing about?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    What is this legacy wing inductee thing about?
    It's the unannounced old timers that they put in during the show. They generally don't mention them before or after but it's a good way to get in the old timers that deserve it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to piss some people off, but Rollins will always be Tyler Black to me and I fucking hated Tyler Black.
    Im the biggest Seth Rollins fan on earth and it doesn't piss me off.

It does make you come off as someone that can't appreciate when wrestlers get better though.

Tyler Black just flew around the ring and did a bunch of athletic shit that made no sense. He was more like an acrobat than a wrestler.

Seth Rollins. Well he's much better.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason to be pissed about you being kind of a goof for not being able to realize a guy is not the same character/wrestler he was a decade ago. That's your problem.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having a hard time predicting the crowd reactions for some of the card. If Ronda or Charlotte wins, or if there's a screwjob finish where Becky does not win, fans may riot.

If Bryan beats Kofi, fans will be royally pissed off as well.

I think enough fans expect Vince to continue the unmitigated Brock disaster that they won't shit on more of the absentee champion if he beats Rollins.

Fans will want to see a payoff to Shane/Miz, but they may shit all over the match because hardcore matches don't work in huge stadiums.

Fans will chant "You Can't Wrestle" or "Boring Corbin" at the Angle farewell match.

But I think the best chance for fans to support the heel over the face is the Batista/HHH match. So many fans have been sick of HHH for so long, no matter what they do in the ring I think a lot of them will be rooting for Batista, and HHH may get a "Na na na na Hey Hey Goodbye!" chant after he loses.

The AJ/Orton match will be the match of the night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only matches I want to watch out of anything resembling excitement are: Bryan/Kofi if it goes on early, Styles/Orton, and Joe/Mysterio. Anything else could happen on RAW..and Lesnar/Rollins will be OK, but if the match didn't happen and they never referred to the Universal Title again I probably wouldn't notice until SummerSlam

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my stab at placement for the card:

Shane versus Miz
    Smackdown tag title match
    Joe versus Rey
    Women's tag title match
    Rollins versus Lesnar

Hall of Fame Break

Triple H versus Batista
    McIntyre versus Reigns
    Corbin versus Angle
    Kingston versus Bryan

Elias performance

Raw tag title match
    Styles versus Orton
    Lashley versus Bálor
    Rousey versus Lynch versus Flair

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shane versus Miz
    Joe versus Rey
    Women's tag title match
    Rollins versus Lesnar

Hall of Fame Break

Triple H versus Batista
    McIntyre versus Reigns
    Corbin versus Angle
    Kingston versus Bryan

Elias performance

Raw tag title match
    Styles versus Orton
    Lashley versus Bálor
    Not bad. Not sure if they run 3 smackdown matches right in a row. I also think Styles vs Orton benefits so much more in the first hour.

Fanny made a good point about having Balor/Lashley when it gets dark out. Didn't think about that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's indirect hubris that Vince might have and think "let's get the Smackdown stuff out of the way." The misdirection comes because two of them are likely to come off relatively well and I have to assume the tag match is going to be really damn good. For Orton/Styles, I think that's the beginning of a feud rather than the end and I think they've built momentum so I think you give it more time, which I think is earned based on what will be around in in that last stretch.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd look for Roman vs Drew to be pretty high up on the card.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear Ryder/Hawkins getting a tag-team title shot this Sunday.

I'm going to say AJ Styles v. Randy Orton will be match of the night.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Question: Why not just bring back a half an hour Free for All show and eliminate the pre-show on the Network and make the whole PPV event 7 hours so everyone gets to be on the actual PPV?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ vs Orton certainly could be motn. I guess it all depends on how much time they get and how into it Orton is. He could either be invested and really go for it or just do that thing where everytime he gets on offense he just walks around his opponent stomping on him for 10 minutes to eat up time.

He tends to show up big for mania though so I have high hopes. For Joe/Mysterio as well.

I figure the main event and Rollins/Brock will be decent but probably not great.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; April 4th, 2019 at 4:02 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lesnar just isn't diverse enough. Rollins is good enough to make the match enjoyable but I'm not sure I'm sold on the booking. He honestly should have been booked a lot stronger, had bigger wins. I mean he just lost to Drew 2 weeks ago. That was stupid.

The women's triple threat has the potential, imo, to actually be the best match on the card. All 3 have proven they can steal the show whether that was at a Takeover, Mania, Summerslam, etc. Almost every ppv match Ronda's had was very good. Becky is solid and Charlotte is incredible. This kind of reminds me when they had Cena v. Orton v. Triple H @ WM 24.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Universal title match is probably going to be the worst match of the three major title matches (that, WWE, and Raw/SD women's). I can't imagine its a good thing if its flipped and the Universal title match is the best of the three.

Orton/Styles is going to be really interesting and it's entirely on Orton for how that thing goes. The other wild card element is what happens in two weeks with the shakeup. My thought is this is just getting the feud started but that could easily change because they split.

I'll be very surprised if the main event isn't the best match of the night. I think Kofi/Bryan, Styles/Orton, Smackdown tag are the other top options. Joe/Mysterio is primed to be a dud. I think it's going to fall victim of time crunching.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Universal title match is probably going to be the worst match of the three major title matches (that, WWE, and Raw/SD women's). I can't imagine its a good thing if its flipped and the Universal title match is the best of the three.

Orton/Styles is going to be really interesting and it's entirely on Orton for how that thing goes. The other wild card element is what happens in two weeks with the shakeup. My thought is this is just getting the feud started but that could easily change because they split.

I'll be very surprised if the main event isn't the best match of the night. I think Kofi/Bryan, Styles/Orton, Smackdown tag are the other top options. Joe/Mysterio is primed to be a dud. I think it's going to fall victim of time crunching.
    Honestly that match being the "worst" of the 3 isn't even a knock on the match imo (I know you weren't necessarily shitting on it either).

I think Kofi v. Daniel Bryan does have the potential of not being as good as everyone thinks it might be. Kofi isn't exactly known for putting on great singles matches but Bryan is so I think the expectation in terms of styles, size, and Daniel Bryan are going to make the expectations harder for them to live up.

The women's match is Sports Entertainment Attitude Era type shit so even if the match is "meh" it'll still be hot.

Lesnar-Rollins....I've been proven wrong in the past like with Bryan v. Lesnar, that match was fucking awesome. But Balor-Lesnar, I think it was ok. This match will fall in the middle, like the CM Punk match at Summerslam, that's what I'm thinking this will be like.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Honestly that match being the "worst" of the 3 isn't even a knock on the match imo (I know you weren't necessarily shitting on it either).

I think Kofi v. Daniel Bryan does have the potential of not being as good as everyone thinks it might be. Kofi isn't exactly known for putting on great singles matches but Bryan is so I think the expectation in terms of styles, size, and Daniel Bryan are going to make the expectations harder for them to live up.

The women's match is Sports Entertainment Attitude Era type shit so even if the match is "meh" it'll still be hot.

Lesnar-Rollins....I've been proven wrong in the past like with Bryan v. Lesnar, that match was fucking awesome. But Balor-Lesnar, I think it was ok. This match will fall in the middle, like the CM Punk match at Summerslam, that's what I'm thinking this will be like.
    Yeah, you’re right. I wasn’t saying that in a condescending way. Just standard assessment. The “worst” is still likely in the top half overall.

Bryan and Kofi will be interesting. Bryan is a master so I’m sure he’s going to frame this supremely well, and Kofi is capable. I don’t think this is a case where he has to pull out ‘the performance’ and have himself a night. I think as long as it’s logical, and has some hot nearfalls for both sides, it’s going to come out smelling roses if Kofi wins.

I look at Lesnar in the scope of Styles, Bryan, and Bálor. It really depends on the day which I like out of the first two versus Lesnar. I do like how they made Bálor different by broaching the diverticulitis option. I’m just curious what hook they go with for Rollins. He strikes me as a guy who steps up to the moment so I’m intrigued.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Rollins vs Lesnar is as good as Brock vs Punk was at Summerslam 2013, then that will be damn hard to beat for match of the night. I remember Brock vs Punk being one of my favorite matches that year.

Joe vs Mysterio should be what Angle vs Mysterio was from Summerslam 2002. Some of these matches won't be long and that should be a fast paced 7 minute match.

I think the prime candidates to be short matches are Corbin vs Angle, Balor vs Lashley, and Mysterio vs Joe. The women's tag shouldn't be more than 10 minutes either.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shane versus Miz
    Joe versus Rey
    Women's tag title match
    Rollins versus Lesnar

Hall of Fame Break

Triple H versus Batista
    McIntyre versus Reigns
    Corbin versus Angle
    Kingston versus Bryan

Elias performance

Raw tag title match
    Styles versus Orton
    Lashley versus Bálor
    Rollins/Lesnar seems very early, I thought that would go in the latter third.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you’re right. I wasn’t saying that in a condescending way. Just standard assessment. The “worst” is still likely in the top half overall.

Bryan and Kofi will be interesting. Bryan is a master so I’m sure he’s going to frame this supremely well, and Kofi is capable. I don’t think this is a case where he has to pull out ‘the performance’ and have himself a night. I think as long as it’s logical, and has some hot nearfalls for both sides, it’s going to come out smelling roses if Kofi wins.

I look at Lesnar in the scope of Styles, Bryan, and Bálor. It really depends on the day which I like out of the first two versus Lesnar. I do like how they made Bálor different by broaching the diverticulitis option. I’m just curious what hook they go with for Rollins. He strikes me as a guy who steps up to the moment so I’m intrigued.
    Rollins might not be a big dude like Batista or John Cena but when you look @ 2019 Lesnar, he's not exactly the same size when he fought Rollins years ago. So I think Rollins is one of those guys, just like Roman, not exactly jacked but now that Lesnar has dropped muscle, weight, it's more "realistic" so to speak. I can totally see Rollins getting Lesnar up in the Falcon Arrow and blasting him with aerial moves that will look more powerful than anything Styles, Punk, Bryan, have done. And we've seen these 2 wrestle. Shit one of my favorite Rollins matches was that triple threat with Lesnar and Cena. And they had a good singles match prior to that.

IMO, I think Kofi needs to have a great showing, but he also needs to win. DB doesn't need the heat, at all. That's the only reason I could see him winning is if the WWE felt he needed the heat for what's next...He won't. What's next is, imo, Roman Reigns. But Kofi will have a decent run for a month or 2 before dropping it back to DB so DB can have a real feud with Roman.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Corbin/Angle, Lashley/Balor, and possibly Rollins/Lesnar will be the shortest matches on the card.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Rollins and Lesnar will be that short. I could see it getting 20 minutes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised more people here aren't predicting Kofi vs Bryan to be a MOTN contender. They showed great chemistry in the chamber, so I have high expectations. Yes, Kofi is more of a tag team specialist, but he pulls out all the stops when it matters, and Bryan is going to work his magic like he always does.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Rollins might not be a big dude like Batista or John Cena but when you look @ 2019 Lesnar, he's not exactly the same size when he fought Rollins years ago. So I think Rollins is one of those guys, just like Roman, not exactly jacked but now that Lesnar has dropped muscle, weight, it's more "realistic" so to speak. I can totally see Rollins getting Lesnar up in the Falcon Arrow and blasting him with aerial moves that will look more powerful than anything Styles, Punk, Bryan, have done. And we've seen these 2 wrestle. Shit one of my favorite Rollins matches was that triple threat with Lesnar and Cena. And they had a good singles match prior to that.

IMO, I think Kofi needs to have a great showing, but he also needs to win. DB doesn't need the heat, at all. That's the only reason I could see him winning is if the WWE felt he needed the heat for what's next...He won't. What's next is, imo, Roman Reigns. But Kofi will have a decent run for a month or 2 before dropping it back to DB so DB can have a real feud with Roman.
    I need a Falcon Arrow combo injected in my veins for that match to be awesome. I kind of want to see it relatively early, with Rollins doing the suplex but Lesnar no selling the hell out of it and countering the Falcon Arrow only for Rollins to finally get the full suplex/Arrow combo out. The crowd will go nuts for that. Especially for a nearfall.

I think people are way too ready for the moment for Kofi so I don’t think it’ll hinge on it being a masterclass of a match to make it better. Formulaic with nice sprinkles of greatness is good in this spot. It’s about the moment. Like I said, I think Bryan is going to connect the dots to get some great stuff in there and Kofi just needs to avoid a dud. He just needs to hold his ground in terms of his ability and stick the landing. Meshing Bryan and the end moment for Kofi and we’ll get a really good match.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Corbin/Angle, Lashley/Balor, and possibly Rollins/Lesnar will be the shortest matches on the card.
    I'd guess that perhaps 2 of the following three matches - Rey/Joe, Women's Tag, and Raw tag bouts - wlll also come in very short. They may see that Rey is not healed up enough to go 10 minutes, and they don't care about the other matches much. Drew / Roman may end up short as well. I kind of expect Angle/Corbin's match itself to be short, but if the rumors about Cena interrupting to give Angle a proper farewell match are true, then would that count towards Angle's ring time?

Ryder has already had a WrestleMania Moment - perhaps its time for another, this time with Hawkins snapping his historic losing streak.

Will Dean Ambrose make an appearance - perhaps in Roman's corner? How about Ziggler - is he in the ARMBAR?

Kofi/Bryan will get a lot of time - I expect Rowan attempted interference on Bryan's behalf to be countered by the New Day. But Kofi winning is just about the only thing I feel really good about predicting, other than of course Elias getting interrupted.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kofi/Bryan certainly has the potential to be motn.

Somehow, in my head, it just keeps feeling that match isn't going to happen.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I don't think Rollins and Lesnar will be that short. I could see it getting 20 minutes.
    Brock is best kept short. His best matches to me since he came back are with Reigns, Goldberg, and Balor and none of those are near 20 minutes.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock is best kept short. His best matches to me since he came back are with Reigns, Goldberg, and Balor and none of those are near 20 minutes.
    It depends really. Granted the Goldberg match was very good but he is also best kept short and that's how that worked. They went way overboard with the finishers vs Reigns IMO. Balor I'll give you.

Cena, Bryan and Styles got near 20 minutes out of Brock and those matches in my view were better for it. I think Rollins is good enough to get that amount of time out of him and Rollins is better in longer matches where it's a struggle he has to fight from underneath.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His matches with Styles and Bryan were around 15 minutes-18 minutes and they were great.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main reason I'm not thinking Kofi v. Bryan will be MOTN is because outside of tag-teams, when has Kofi had a MOTN? Seriously. I can't think of a match of his where I was blown away, that the 1 on 1 action was so amazing that I can remember at least 1 match where it was something of a 4-5 star singles match.

Bryan on the other hand could very well give us the first ever 5 star Kofi Kingston match. Maybe Kofi just hasn't had that true 1 on 1 20-30 minute big match. Sometimes a match of this level amplifies the actual quality. Take Warrior v. Hogan WM 6. That match was a 5 star match. Their rematch 8 years later was considered an abomination. It was so bad 9 wrestlers died within a year of that match, all in their prime.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's never had a big storyline in singles to get to that level. That's kind of been the point of the angle. His 1-on-1 bits in the gauntlets and the Chamber were excellent. It's hard to have a truly great match as part of the 50/50 club. Look at Balor - he's revered as one of the best they have, but what great one on one matches has he had outside of the ones with significance? Athleticism is on point, but if the story's not there then the action can only really get to a certain level. That's been the issue with Kofi. Maybe he will underachieve in the position now that he's here, but maybe he won't.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I honestly was just assuming Triple H is going to lose so he can just stick to non-wrestling stuff going forward.
    Not following closely, that's what I was assuming when I read the stipulation.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without a Taker match every year I kind of feel like HHH is now slotted in to that spot. The legend that makes an up and comer every year or has the big dream match.

I mean, there's ONE guy in this match who doesn't have a WWE future.