Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 1537

Thread: WrestleMania XXXV

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We haven't been doing the one thing that my father has always taught us to do and that's to listen to our audience. We've let middle manager air their petty grievances, we've been suffocating our Superstars and all of that is going to change. And that starts tonight. We're off to a fresh start." - Stephanie in December

Was last night the payoff to this message?

Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Defrost I'm curious what your overall impression of WrestleMania was. Did you actually enjoy any of it?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    @Defrost I'm curious what your overall impression of WrestleMania was. Did you actually enjoy any of it?
    I loved it. I missed a couple of matches being on line for the men's room or food. I totally missed the men's battle royal and Reigns vs Mcintyre. Didn't see a second of either of those.

The worst thing was HHH vs Batista which would have been fine if it didn't go on forever.

The best match was Kofi vs Bryan and the Cena thing was great too.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All in all, a very solid show. Not really one I'd put too high up compared to other Manias but the whole thing was pretty good without much disappointment.

Walked into the theater to see Hawkins/Ryder win. Don't care about that other than I got my prediction wrong.

Big shirtless Braun winning the battle royal was good.

Didn't care for Hogan appearing. HA HA I GET IT SILVERDOME. :meh:

Really pleased with it kicking off with Seth beating Lesnar and liked that the match wasn't the usual 15 Germans bullshit Lesnar match. Happy start.

Styles/Orton was a bit of a snoozer compared to expectations but didn't totally stink or anything.

SD tag title match was a good time. I was super stoked to see Black and Ricochet at Mania, geeking out for their entrances, bummed they didn't win, but I'm a big Usos fan too, so I'm ok with them retaining, they deserve it.

I had very little interest in Shane/Miz but damn if they didnt' get me into it really well. Fun brawl all over the place kept things interesting, big George getting in the mix, nutty big finish spot. I enjoyed.

Women's tag was fine but nothing spectacular. Was surprised Nia wasn't in it that much nor was there a point where it looked like she and Tamina had it won. Happy with IIconics winning, though.

Bryan vs. Kofi was easily MOTN and I'd say MOTWeekend, too. Terrific stuff. Crowd was hot as hell, theater I was in was loudest for this one, match was excellent, big win and post-match celebration were wonderful moments. I saw the belt on the table at the start and thought they might've spoiled the win but then when they put Bryan's title on there I figured it might just be a belt-holder thing, so I was able to muster a bit more doubt about the finish.

Joe squashing Rey was pleasing to me as someone who likes Joe and thinks he needs more moments to validate his billing, and who doesn't like Rey at all.

Reigns/Drew was a thing. Just happy to have Reigns back and get the feel good win. Only good thing about Drew is his music.

The Elias Trio was funny and Thuganomics Cena was a cool surprise and his "rap" was pretty great (and homophobia free!).

Poor Dave tripping through the ropes. Trips' entrance was silliness. The match wasn't as boring as I expected, I figured it'd be the usual Trips' "epic" where they hit a move and lay around forever but they kept it interesting and crazy and did some fun stuff. I assumed HBK was going to get involved and didn't even think of Flair (who materialized out of thin air it seemed).

Angle/Corbin was going to happen and it did and it was fine considering. Angle going out on his back makes sense.

Was nice to see Lashley get to hit some big moves and not just get squashed by Balor. Nice to see Balor using some new moves and helping separate the Demon persona from his standard self.

The abrupt and wonky finish of the main event hurt the main event a bit for me. The match was real good otherwise and I was digging it but then it felt like there was something more it could have been that they didn't quite get to. Felt like it was 3/4's what it could have been. Not sure if it got cut short or if that's how it was supposed to go. Dodgy finish sets up a point for the story to progress and Ronda vs. Becky one-on-one is money, so I'm still on board.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought Defrost was Asian.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best Mania's in a while. Loved Styles-Orton, Kofi-Bryan, the 4-way tag-team for the men's, those were probably my top 3 matches of the night, ironically all Smackdown.

To be honest, the only negative vibe I had was the reality that Corbin v. Angle was going to happen, and it actually happening, with Corbin getting the win. Let's be honest guys, Angle was buried the entire time he was back. Thank God for that tag match with Ronda and the Shield fill-in, outside of those 2 moments what was the point?

Definitely some feel good victories like Ryder-Hawkins but let's all be honest, Kofi's boy stole the show lol. Had me tearing up a little.

I would honestly say this was 8/10. Some matches could have been better but very very very few let me down. And come on yo, THUGANOMICS CENA!!!!

Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna piggyback on mth and say Finn changing up his style and demeanor for his demon persona was ace. I popped huge for that powerbomb. I actually felt like I was seeing a Finn possessed instead of Finn in cool bodypaint.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benevolent Cena?

"They [the WWE Universe] have no idea how much it means to me. For years I could say my contributions on television has helped sell tickets to this event. This year, that was not true and it is still completely sold out and everyone is still completely on the edge of their seat and I’ve said this since the day I walked in the door, the WWE does not need me or any one individual, it needs the fans. So I’m at a very good perspective with the fact that they don’t need me and [are] just fine without me, and I’m very grateful to be asked to be even a small part. So, I’ll even break out the old school stuff just to be a part. I hope it meant a lot to them because they’ll have no idea how much it meant to me.”

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna piggyback on mth and say Finn changing up his style and demeanor for his demon persona was ace. I popped huge for that powerbomb. I actually felt like I was seeing a Finn possessed instead of Finn in cool bodypaint.
    It's something most folks have been saying since he started it, it needs to be different. So then he opens with a goddamn spinning heel kick and follows with an axe kick and I'm like, "Holy shit, yes! He's doing it!" and then he uses a bloody powerbomb on the big man. One of the few times it felt like more of a complete package.

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post

Also Met Life Pretzel > Orange Bowl Pretzel

That really does look like an amazing pretzel.

I enjoyed the Balor match as well. Loved how he handled the Demon character. To make that it work it should feel like an "Event" when the Demon comes. Sold it for me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's been different the last two times. The one against Corbin, while using a similar moveset, was way more aggressive. I loved the heel kick and ax kick combo he used. The powerbomb spot was awesome too.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    That really does look like an amazing pretzel.

It was really was a god damned great pretzel

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not one but two pictures of the pretzel

Niiiiice! Makes me hungry now!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest surprise to me was how uneventful Reigns vs McIntyre was. Not only did the crowd not give a flying shit about it, McIntyre lost so easily.

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was really was a god damned great pretzel
    If you wanna start rating matches on a pretzel scale, I don't think anybody can be mad at that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    The biggest surprise to me was how uneventful Reigns vs McIntyre was. Not only did the crowd not give a flying shit about it, McIntyre lost so easily.
    It’s not promising (like Orton/Styles) when fans are more interested in something in the crowd rather than the match. Apparently the top level was doing the wave and booing when people stopped it. Regardless, I think they suffered from crowd fatigue because it was still within reach of the Kofi finish. The nature of the match itself didn’t do it any favors, either.

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read that Ronda broke her hand last night.

Seems like the rematch I was anticipating might be further off now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    It’s not promising (like Orton/Styles) when fans are more interested in something in the crowd rather than the match. Apparently the top level was doing the wave and booing when people stopped it. Regardless, I think they suffered from crowd fatigue because it was still within reach of the Kofi finish. The nature of the match itself didn’t do it any favors, either.
    I get the crowd was tired by that point but they were really into Elias right after. Not sure how well McIntyre is clicking with the fans and not sure if the smart crowd is ready to cheer Roman? Maybe it really was just crowd fatigue but it felt like that was the match that people cared the least.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with Orton vs Styles was that mother fucking blinding yellow light

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Must be nice to have a mother who gets fucked by blinding yellow lights.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with Orton vs Styles was that mother fucking blinding yellow light
    Yeah, and in general, the match wasn’t anything to write home about. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t tremendously memorable. I think it felt into the Orton zone of being a little too methodical but had some spirinkles of good in there. I’m definitely withholding more judgement to see what comes of this on Tuesday.

I get the crowd was tired by that point but they were really into Elias right after. Not sure how well McIntyre is clicking with the fans and not sure if the smart crowd is ready to cheer Roman? Maybe it really was just crowd fatigue but it felt like that was the match that people cared the least.
    I think it was fatigue and then it was exacerbated by the actual framework of the match. I think one squash and one medium match was enough time to change the mood. Plus, I would think more people were interested in Elias than Roman/McIntyre for the intrigue of what was going to happen.

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reigns/Drew suffered for several reasons.

I'd argue that both Becky and Kofi came in with more fan momentum (even with Becky's dropping off from its peak) than anyone else in the last couple years. That really mitigated the "feel good" aspect for Roman.

Also, the match was completely predictable. I'd argue either this match or Balor was the most predictable.

On another card, that match would have felt a lot bigger.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of matches, while good, were sandwiched into the card. Roman v. Drew is a prime example of a feud that should hopefully continue so it can get more focus on the next ppv. I mean, those 2 right there are easily in the top tier of Universal title contention. I just feel it was a match that did have a lot of effort put into it, they just didn't have the time.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Drew McIntyre should have won, it would have solidified him as one of, if not the, top heel on the raw brand

fuck feel good shit. Real life doesn't end with feel good shit

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Drew McIntyre should have won, it would have solidified him as one of, if not the, top heel on the raw brand

fuck feel good shit. Real life doesn't end with feel good shit
    which is probably why in the fake show that is written and predetermined they purposefully do the feel good shit.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was my view of that mother fucking blinding yellow light

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    which is probably why in the fake show that is written and predetermined they purposefully do the feel good shit.
    So what's their excuse for when they book a show that's mainly heels going over?

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wrestling should mirror real life

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't hate Mania this year, it was definitely better than the last few years... but there's just so much fat WWE could cut right now.

- Lashley... he's nothing.
    - Miz/Shane... Miz being a face is incorrect. The finish was silly. Shane needs to not be a wrestler anymore.
    - HHH/Batista... boring punch kicky w/ slow hardcore junk. I'm tired of HHH getting matches.
    - Orton/AJ... flat out boring.
    - Raw tag match... Ryder and Hawkins winning at Wrestlemania is a joke.
    - Reigns/Drew... pretty generic match that could have been on a RAW. I love Drew, but I don't know if he's ever really going to be seen as a top guy.
    - Andre the Giant Battle Royale... So many jobbers. So so so many jobbers.
    - Baron Corbin... I like him, but I'm tired of him.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    https://streamable.com/34sz0

Was great commentary from Byron after Kofi won. He was clearly genuinely moved by it and it added a lot.

Also worth watching the reaction of the people on the Watch Along thing here at the 2 hour 40 minute mark. Brian Kendrick's there and watches the whole match completely stone faced. Barely says a word apart from when McAfee asks him what Daniel Bryan was like back in the day. He looks so miserable and uninterested while everyone's getting into it. Then at around 2:44:00 you can just see him at the back wiping away a couple of tears. Sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueRX4cCKA6A&t=9872s

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wrestling should mirror real life
    Imagine Stone Cold coming in each day and working quietly while the boss pushed him around. He grumbles a little but its his boss so what can he do? Ratings gold.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dam that was a long long long long show ffs. They should just go back to 4 hours, no wonder the crowd was mostly silent all night. Decent show nothing special. Kofi winning and the match itself, USO’s winning and the match itself, old school Cena, Miz/Shane and Lynch wining was the highlight for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never thought I'd see Brock and Ronda (and Kurt) lose on the same show, that was interesting!

Batista and Lashley have MMA experience, too, and both lost.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday afternoon at about half past 3PM, I was in a CVS doing my normal weekend extreme couponing - laundry detergent, deodorant, shampoo, etc. I happened to be in one of the city CVS stores instead of the suburbs, but I go there all the time. The lines were long, with only 2 cashiers, and maybe ten customers in total in both lines. The guy in front of me had a cart full of junk food - a couple bags of Doritos, Ruffles, four big bottles of Pepsi, a bag of Snickers, several Haagen Dazs pints, frozen chicken wings, pizza rolls - you get the idea. I am a big guy at 225 lbs - just over 16 stone, but this gent had the bulk of Mark Henry. It wasn't until he turned that I was able to see his cart, as it was completely hidden by his size. So he looks at his cart, and says he had to get ready for Wrestlemania. I told him you mean KofiMania, as that was the one match I was most looking forward to seeing. We started talking about the rest of the card, and others joined our random conversation among strangers - when someone else said WrestleMania and I said KofiMania again. Within a few seconds, the first guy gets all of us - perhaps 8 or 9 strangers - all chanting "Kofi! Kofi! Kofi!" in the middle of a CVS.

Now, here in the nutmeg state, most people just stare at their phones, and don't go out of their way to talk to other shoppers. It's not that people are normally unfriendly - just perhaps a but more reserved. But honestly, it was the most fun I've had in a CVS in a long while. Thanks to Kofi. He probably will never know how many hearts he has touched - how much hope he has inspired through hard work, and being a great example of making the most out of his opportunity.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    who other than kofi has won their first world title/world title equivalent as long from their debut? mark henry comes to mind.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    who other than kofi has won their first world title/world title equivalent as long from their debut? mark henry comes to mind.
    Took Jeff Hardy over 10 years if you include his time as a jobber team with Matt (pre Michael Hayes)

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    I never thought I'd see Brock and Ronda (and Kurt) lose on the same show, that was interesting!

Batista and Lashley have MMA experience, too, and both lost.
    You can add Matt riddle from NXT takeover, and the guy who tried to take out Bret Hart as losers from mma world

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Michael Cole could barely speak at the end, and they even cut Becky Lynch's celebration short. But we had that girl who looks like Marilyn Monroe come out and waste about 2 minutes? And a 7 second dance off?
    Good point. I still haven't read an explanation for why they ended the show so abruptly.

I don't know what it was, but I had trouble getting into the main event. Maybe it was the dead crowd. I would say it was the long show, but I went to sleep last night and watched it this morning. I felt the ladies were putting in a lot of good work, but nothing really got me super excited. And that finish was hella flat. I still give it a solid rating because there were some good spots and I liked the shit-talking, but I was ultimately underwhelmed.
    A hot crowd can make a bad match good, and a good match great. The main event definitely needed something to elevate it. A big problem for me was that I felt like I'd seen this match already. The 3 of them had been way too physical with each other over the past few months, and it took away allot of the excitement.

Reigns/Drew suffered for several reasons.

I'd argue that both Becky and Kofi came in with more fan momentum (even with Becky's dropping off from its peak) than anyone else in the last couple years. That really mitigated the "feel good" aspect for Roman.

Also, the match was completely predictable. I'd argue either this match or Balor was the most predictable.

On another card, that match would have felt a lot bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    A lot of matches, while good, were sandwiched into the card. Roman v. Drew is a prime example of a feud that should hopefully continue so it can get more focus on the next ppv. I mean, those 2 right there are easily in the top tier of Universal title contention. I just feel it was a match that did have a lot of effort put into it, they just didn't have the time.
    I think they should have held off Roman's return until after 'Mania. Having him be a surprise draft or just show up if they continue the shake up would have been better.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald
    You can add Matt riddle from NXT takeover, and the guy who tried to take out Bret Hart as losers from mma world
    Plus Shinsuke Nakamura and Sonya Deville.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the more heart warming considering it was basically his first shot at it ever.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the ECW title doesn't count (and it shouldn't), as well as time spent outside of the company, Christian took nearly 13 years. Jeff Hardy depending on when you class his debut considering he was a jobber for a bit. Kofi's only behind those guys and Mark Henry since the territory days, and all 3 have asterik's considering Christian left for 3 years, Jeff only started as a main roster staple in 1999 (so took him just shy of 10 years), and Henry had A LOT of time off in his 15 years between winning it. Quick search on cagematch has him beating Orton for the title 1097 matches after his WWE TV debut - it took Kofi 1776 matches since his first TV match.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    1776 the year of treason

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    it took Kofi 1776 matches since his first TV match.

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very well deserved. He's come such a long way from having to pretend to be Jamaican to where the New Day has helped revitalise his career. I'm so happy for him.

I also don't want the New Day to break up. Just keep them together.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1776 the year of treason
    For his sake it's a good thing he wasn't around in this country in 1776

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weird thing to me about Kofi never getting a singles match for a World title is the fact that very few people with his tenure and accolades fit in that same category.

At least if I'm thinking about multi-US/IC/Tag-team champions who've been given title shots over the years, or people with even less championship victories than Kofi.

I want to believe it's a positive in WWE's booking but then I think about the fact that the WWE put the same handful of people in World title matches, sometimes just for the fuck of it.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, of course, word on the street is that the main event finish was botched, Rousey was supposed to have kicked out/not gotten counted pinned for 3, and the real finish was going to be Becky tapping Charlotte.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok after much reflecting....

- I saw none of the preshow outside of the last 15 minutes or so I'll go back and watch it when I have time.

- The ARMBAR was as dumb as ever. I'm a fan of the weekend update guys so it was cute but still dumb and mostly just filler.

- I'm sure some will disagree and I enjoyed it in the moment but by the end of the show it felt clear that they needed one more match of significance to help keep the interest level up. So I'm not totally behind them putting Seth/Brock on first.

Having said that, going with the Daniel Bryan match only with the underdog winning against Brock was a great idea. How beat to shit was Seth's back?

Finally we have a full time champ on Raw again.

- Orton/AJ wasn't bad. I mean AJ matches never are. But it also couldn't help but feel like it got stuck in 3rd gear. Clearly there is more to come between these two.

- The four way men's tag was as good as a four way tag can be. Which is to say a little above average.

- Shane vs Miz was basically everything I think most of us wanted to see. They battled all over and we got a few cool spots. And for the record I like face Miz.

I just think it will take some time before everyone fully buys in to a guy that told us to shut our mouth when his hand goes up for the last decade.

- The Women's four way tag was exactly what I think most expected. That is to say, a total cluster. Right move with The Iconics winning though. I don't think a lot of people saw it coming and now the belts are on two women we don't already know a ton about which is good for the division as they need to make new stars.

- Bryan/Kofi was off the goddamn chain. Bryan of course deserves a ton of the credit here as he was carrying the load for a while. And good for Kofi to trust him. Leave it to the greatest wrestler of the era to get you over.

Some have pointed out how slow the match started but I feel that the slow build to the faster pacing towards the end was perfect. It was like an orchestra building toward a crescendo. Then at just the right moment Kofi got the win.

Just a tremendous match. 4.5 out of 5 man.

- I loved Joe squashing Mysterio. Rey isn't around for much these days and putting over a guy with a little gas left in the tank and who still hasn't made his true mark on WWE yet was the right call.

- Roman vs Drew totally underwhelmed me. And I love both these guys. Maybe my standards were too high but I wanted a war and only got a battle. Plus Roman still looks a little slow out there. He clearly isn't quite back in full form yet because his speed is just not there. Drew also looked a little overwhelmed by the moment and seemed to be leaning on Roman too much to carry the match.

- The Elias segment was amazing. Old school "deez nuts" John Cena was amazing. That was a fucking Wrestlemania moment.

- HHH/Batista was everything it could have been. Including a little too long. But the bumps were great and the story was there. All credit to HHH here as he led Dave to a damn good match and got his win back after 15 years.

- Angle/Corbin was fucking sad and a fucking disgrace. Cena was there. Should have been Cena.

- Finn/Lashley was fun for what it was. I don't particularly give a fuck about the demon character anymore but at least they made this match about clearly distinguishing the difference between normal Finn and Finn with makeup on. Some new offense and some moments where Finn could clearly now do things he couldn't before. Plus it was short so it gets a whole extra star for that.

- The Women's triple threat was amazing from start to finish. Those three had EVERY intention of stealing the show and aside from the fact that heel Bryan was working a world title match, they may very well have.

The offense was stiff, the pace was brutal. The facial expressions were intense. Ronda broke her fucking hand and cut her leg up. Charlotte kept bringing the heat back every time the match called for it.

Becky getting the win was the right move. Her new character has made it clear she's one of the best promos they have these days and WWE have to start getting behind their bigger personalities like this more often. Not just the ones they want to have good promos and magnetic personalities but the ones that actually do.

Becky made herself a star in these last 6 months and putting the double titles on her feels so right.

The finish was apparently botched a bit as all the reports are that Ronda was supposed to get pinned to the mat clean and even for the full 3 so we shouldn't read into it what isn't there.

I just hope they keep the jet pack strapped to Becky's back because where she goes, so goes the women's division right now.

4.5/5

-------------

All in all I'd give the show a 7/10.

Definitely one of the better manias of the past decade. Not an all timer because there just wasn't enough in the way of huge moments or great matches but pretty much nothing sucked all night with the exception of one match and for a 7 hour show that's a fucking accomplishment.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    So, of course, word on the street is that the main event finish was botched, Rousey was supposed to have kicked out/not gotten counted pinned for 3, and the real finish was going to be Becky tapping Charlotte.
    I read an article that said Meltzer is saying it was fought against by a lot of people to have Becky tap Ronda. But that the finish itself was botched and was supposed to be a clean pin for three.

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I read an article that said Meltzer is saying it was fought against by a lot of people to have Becky tap Ronda. But that the finish itself was botched and was supposed to be a clean pin for three.
    Ronda's reaction didn't seem to sell that. As soon as it happened, it felt like her protesting was planned.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronda's reaction didn't seem to sell that. As soon as it happened, it felt like her protesting was planned.
    Well that's Dave's story and he's sticking to it.

I'll go back and look and what you're talking about when I get a chance.

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's Dave's story and he's sticking to it.

A right stubborn bastard, he is.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a stubborn bastard, he is.
    He likes to have answers to questions before he really has them too.

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He likes to have answers to questions before he really has them too.
    A right jumpy bastard, he is.

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Fantastic PPV!
    My boy Seth won! I was not expecting it, soooo happy! Hope Brock goes away.
    Rousey vs Flair vs Lynch. Amazing. I love all 3.
    KOFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII - yes! Good on him! Touching moment.
    Batista and HHH was surprisingly really good.
    Cena was not a side I have personally seen as I joined the wrestlin' thing later on. I like what I saw.
    Reigns v Drew - It was ok. Glad Reigns is back.
    Braun won! I should have picked him!
    Hahaha Elias.

Great show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised how well received the main event was, I thought it was super sloppy and kinda bland. In my opinion the Sasha/Charlotte/Bayley triple threat was better. All 3 women were really stiff with eachother so I'll give them credit for that but I think these 3 could do much better and have done much better all through out 2018.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main event was pretty shite but overall I enjoyed the show, especially Kofi/Bryan.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    The main event was pretty shite but overall I enjoyed the show, especially Kofi/Bryan.
    Did you watch while signalling trains?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    If the ECW title doesn't count (and it shouldn't), as well as time spent outside of the company, Christian took nearly 13 years. Jeff Hardy depending on when you class his debut considering he was a jobber for a bit. Kofi's only behind those guys and Mark Henry since the territory days, and all 3 have asterik's considering Christian left for 3 years, Jeff only started as a main roster staple in 1999 (so took him just shy of 10 years), and Henry had A LOT of time off in his 15 years between winning it. Quick search on cagematch has him beating Orton for the title 1097 matches after his WWE TV debut - it took Kofi 1776 matches since his first TV match.
    Cheers mate

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Not one but two pictures of the pretzel

That's the most positively WWE thing you've ever said

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    On any other PPV, this match would have been fine, but at WrestleMania it underdelivered. Earlier in the night, we saw a better wrestling match, a more violent one, and the big Miz/Shane spot which didn't help it's chances. To top it all off, the crowd was tired due to the ungodly length of the show. If they had been more involved, it might have helped. I'm still not sure if the finish was planned that way or not, but it's not a great way to end an historic main event like this. Becky should have tapped Ronda, period.
    Wrong again I see

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to be hammered to enjoy wrestling so I'm afraid I can't watch it at work.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    I need to be hammered to enjoy wrestling so I'm afraid I can't watch it at work.
    I need to wrestle to enjoy my hammer

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just occurred to me Strowman has yet to compete in an actual match at Mania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The order I ended up watching Mania in probably flowed better for me than the actual order. Came in on HHH/Dave and saw that through the end of the show, then did Seth/Brock and it ended up finishing with Kofi/Bryan and Cena. Was a great order for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegunn View Post
    Just occurred to me Strowman has yet to compete in an actual match at Mania

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stand corrected

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Classic match.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Classic match.
    Next year at mania.

Braun wins the finals of the Mae Young Classic.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braun vs a tiny woman would be epic.

He'd sell for Alexa.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Braun vs a tiny woman would be epic.

He'd sell for Alexa.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Defrost will say nice things about the WWE...'s pretzels.

I gave my thoughts after the show last night.

I started watching Wrestlemania 36 in 1999, and, by 2019, it was finally over. It was a long show. But, for context, the older Wrestlemanias were long too. Three hours was an epic in the mid to late-80's for a major show. Remember, 3 hours became the standard over time in WWF, and their In Your House shows were made 2 hours (and cheaper) to compensate for that. 7.5 hours feels self-indulgent, because it is. But WWE was always self-indulgent for 'Mania.

Also, for anyone who's saying the Miz/Shane heel/face alignment is wrong, I have to vehemently disagree. Its 2019, Donald Trump is President, and to me, there's not bigger and easier heel to root against than the asshole son of a billionaire who's only able to slide into a position of power because of his last name. Change "McMahon" to "Trump" and you'd be reading the news reports on Donald's dumb fuck kid doing something stupid or terrible and getting away with it.

The Miz is an asshole. But he's our asshole. He's the guy who started out as the biggest blithering dipshit heel, but has worked hard and dragged himself up from the depths of MTV "reality" shows and B-movies to become a great wrestler and a, seemingly, decent guy with a gorgeous wife and a kid at home. He's an American success story. And yeah, he can be a blow hard and be kind of deluded. But the feeling is is that he's earned it. Look at his goofy ass dad. Look at who Shane's dad is. Miz dragged himself up from that to where he is now. Shane woke up with a silver spoon in his mouth. Miz woke up in Cleveland with a guy who looks like Bruce Prichard in a bad wig as his dad.

Who's the real face and who's the real heel there?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    @Defrost will say nice things about the WWE...'s pretzels.

I gave my thoughts after the show last night.

I started watching Wrestlemania 36 in 1999, and, by 2019, it was finally over. It was a long show. But, for context, the older Wrestlemanias were long too. Three hours was an epic in the mid to late-80's for a major show. Remember, 3 hours became the standard over time in WWF, and their In Your House shows were made 2 hours (and cheaper) to compensate for that. 7.5 hours feels self-indulgent, because it is. But WWE was always self-indulgent for 'Mania.

Also, for anyone who's saying the Miz/Shane heel/face alignment is wrong, I have to vehemently disagree. Its 2019, Donald Trump is President, and to me, there's not bigger and easier heel to root against than the asshole son of a billionaire who's only able to slide into a position of power because of his last name. Change "McMahon" to "Trump" and you'd be reading the news reports on Donald's dumb fuck kid doing something stupid or terrible and getting away with it.

The Miz is an asshole. But he's our asshole. He's the guy who started out as the biggest blithering dipshit heel, but has worked hard and dragged himself up from the depths of MTV "reality" shows and B-movies to become a great wrestler and a, seemingly, decent guy with a gorgeous wife and a kid at home. He's an American success story. And yeah, he can be a blow hard and be kind of deluded. But the feeling is is that he's earned it. Look at his goofy ass dad. Look at who Shane's dad is. Miz dragged himself up from that to where he is now. Shane woke up with a silver spoon in his mouth. Miz woke up in Cleveland with a guy who looks like Bruce Prichard in a bad wig as his dad.

Who's the real face and who's the real heel there?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    In Frostys defence (lol?) He did say he enjoyed the show.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I enjoyed that more than most in recent years. Went to bed during HHH/Bats and watched the whole show again yesterday. I only really felt that Roman and Drew was disappointing. Kofi’s win was the obvious highlight and it was such a good match too. I loved the opener and the fact it was indeed the first match.

And thrilled with the main event. Shame about the botch though. And thinking about it, Orton and Styles was underwhelming. Overall, I loved it. Of course some of the matches and segments would have been better placed on tv, but that’s WrestleMania these days.

8/10.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think there was any match I’d go back and watch again which is probably a first for me. Nothing was terrible but there wasnt any standouts. I’m happy for Kofi but I’m not a fan so its not something I’d go back and watch again. If I had to pick a favorite match it would probably be Seth/Brock. I was looking forward to the 2 womens matches and both were average at best. I wanted a standoff/exchange between Beth/Nia and they didnt really do it and the wrong team won. The triple threat was sloppy from the beginning, had no memorable spots and obviously had a messed up finish. Overall id give it a 5/10.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I wanted a standoff/exchange between Beth/Nia and they didnt really do it
    You were probably the only one on the planet that cared about that.

The triple threat was sloppy from the beginning, had no memorable spots
    It wasn't the best match on the show but I could easily list 2 or 3 memorable spots from this match including the dropkick to Rousey while she was hanging there and landing on her back/neck.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were probably the only one on the planet that cared about that.

It wasn't the best match on the show but I could easily list 2 or 3 memorable spots from this match including the dropkick to Rousey while she was hanging there and landing on her back/neck.
    I will agree that the dropkick spot was memorable but more because of the bad landing and I dont that know that next year we’ll remember that. But yeah, these 3 have been killing it the past year so I had really high standards and I don’t know if it was this super conservative booking they’ve kind of applied to WM matches or if they just had an off night but I’d bet my life all 3 know that match wasnt what it should of been.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Triple H and Batista surprised, I thought that match was going to be dreadful. Glad to be proven wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mania should have gone down like this:

Pre-Show:
    -Buddy vs. Nese
    -Womens Battle Royal
    -Mens Battle Royal

Main Show:
    -Seth vs. Lesnar
    -AJ vs. Orton
    -SD Tag Titles
    -Triple H vs. Batista
    -Womens Tag Titles
    -Bryan vs. Kofi
    -Becky vs. Charlotte vs. Ronda

RAW After Mania:
    -Roman vs. Drew
    -Corbin vs. Angle
    -Balor vs. Lashley

SD After Mania:
    -Joe vs. Rey
    -Shane vs. Miz

Would have been perfect

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes I agree with that. Especially leaving Zach Ryder out of all of it

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rewatched the main event again and it does look more obvious to me now that the faulty three count with the shoulder up was planned. Which goes along with the new narrative that they want an easy way to make a rematch between Becky and Rousey at next year's show.

Still a damn good match. God those women worked stiff.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    Mania should have gone down like this:

Pre-Show:
    -Buddy vs. Nese
    -Womens Battle Royal
    -Mens Battle Royal

Main Show:
    -Seth vs. Lesnar
    -AJ vs. Orton
    -SD Tag Titles
    -Triple H vs. Batista
    -Womens Tag Titles
    -Bryan vs. Kofi
    -Becky vs. Charlotte vs. Ronda

RAW After Mania:
    -Roman vs. Drew
    -Corbin vs. Angle
    -Balor vs. Lashley

SD After Mania:
    -Joe vs. Rey
    -Shane vs. Miz

Would have been perfect
    specifically building a couple big but not main-event level matches for the RAW and smackdown after mania is actually a great idea.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rewatched the main event again and it does look more obvious to me now that the faulty three count with the shoulder up was planned. Which goes along with the new narrative that they want an easy way to make a rematch between Becky and Rousey at next year's show.

Still a damn good match. God those women worked stiff.
    People have said since it wasn't mentioned on RAW that it wasn't intentional or leading anywhere. But that doesn't mean it won't come back up. Rousey can show up at any time, cue up the footage, and immediately have herself cause for a title shot. Boom. And I fully suspect that's what's going to happen at some point. Becky will probably win a PPV match and then get jumped by Rousey who will beat the shit out of her to end the show. Then the next night, she does what I said to set up their one-on-one. Hell yeah.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer's Ratings:
    Nese vs Murphy 3.5
    Womens Battle Royal 2.25
    Raw tag team match 3.0
    Andre the Giant Battle Royal 1.5
    Rollins vs Lesnar 3.5
    AJ vs Randy 3.25
    Fatal 4 way SD title match 3.75
    Shane vs Miz 1.75
    Womens tag title match 1.25
    Kofi vs Daniel Bryan 4.5
    Samoa Joe vs Rey Mysterio NR
    Roman vs Drew 2.0
    HHH vs Batista 2.0
    Angle vs Corbin 1.0
    Finn vs Bobby 1.25
    Rousey vs Flair vs Lynch 3.0

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Agashsgffghjmmn

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can't for the life of me remember who won between AJ and Randy lol

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer's Ratings:
    Nese vs Murphy 3.5
    Womens Battle Royal 2.25
    Raw tag team match 3.0
    Andre the Giant Battle Royal 1.5
    Rollins vs Lesnar 3.5
    AJ vs Randy 3.25
    Fatal 4 way SD title match 3.75
    Shane vs Miz 1.75
    Womens tag title match 1.25
    Kofi vs Daniel Bryan 4.5
    Samoa Joe vs Rey Mysterio NR
    Roman vs Drew 2.0
    HHH vs Batista 2.0
    Angle vs Corbin 1.0
    Finn vs Bobby 1.25
    Rousey vs Flair vs Lynch 3.0
    I enjoyed the SD tag match. It was as good as a four way tag can really be.

But to rank it higher than HHH/Batista, Triple Threat or Rollins/Brock seems nuts.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's nuts to say that Shane v Miz was that bad - rating it worse than Roman/Drew?
    He's too generous on Angle/Corbin

I think he got Joe/Rey right, and also Kofi/DB right.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the SD tag match. It was as good as a four way tag can really be.

But to rank it higher than HHH/Batista, Triple Threat or Rollins/Brock seems nuts.
    HHH/Batista wasn't that good honestly. It was another one of Trips matches that has to be the longest on the show where the match seems "epic."

Rollins vs Lesnar wasn't really a match to be fair.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    specifically building a couple big but not main-event level matches for the RAW and smackdown after mania is actually a great idea.
    Nah, the joy of that Raw is the Wrestlemania fall out and surprises.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HHH/Batista wasn't that good honestly. It was another one of Trips matches that has to be the longest on the show where the match seems "epic."

Rollins vs Lesnar wasn't really a match to be fair.
    Well the Rollins/Lesnar segment then. That shit was fun as hell.

So was Batista/HHH which didn't feel so much to me like it was too long as it was slow. But Dave was fucking gasping for air out there. I don't think they had any choice but to go slow.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Just rewatched after seeing it live. God, the commentary is awful. What was Graves thinking saying Kofi's shirts would have been sent to third world countries if he lost. WTF. Kofi/Bryan best match I've seen live. A real life Rocky fight come to life.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because that is what happens with the shirts that declare the loser of the superbowl as the winner. they were also selling daniel bryan shirts claiming victory.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Lotjx, an extreme eugenic ideologue, demands the third world go without clothing

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lol ok View Post
    Just rewatched after seeing it live. God, the commentary is awful. What was Graves thinking saying Kofi's shirts would have been sent to third world countries if he lost. WTF. Kofi/Bryan best match I've seen live. A real life Rocky fight come to life.
    wrestling is just as fake as a rocky movie. wtf.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Basically, I was trying to say, Miz is an asshole. But he's a likable asshole. He's the kind of asshole, even as a babyface, that kind of earned the right to be an asshole. You wouldn't want Miz shaking hands and kissing babies like he's a generic babyface. He can get away with being a prick and still get cheered.

Shane is the 40-something-year-old boss' kid who left for years and came back and was immediately handed a position of power because, hey, boss' kid. He's an asshole, but he hasn't earned our respect. Miz has.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Basically, I was trying to say, Miz is an asshole. But he's a likable asshole. He's the kind of asshole, even as a babyface, that kind of earned the right to be an asshole. You wouldn't want Miz shaking hands and kissing babies like he's a generic babyface. He can get away with being a prick and still get cheered.

Shane is the 40-something-year-old boss' kid who left for years and came back and was immediately handed a position of power because, hey, boss' kid. He's an asshole, but he hasn't earned our respect. Miz has.
    Miz really hasn’t acted like an asshole as a face though. He’s been Marine Miz, trying to run through insurmountable odds and showing fire when it comes to talking about his family.

Shane earns and has earned respect because he does stupid stunt shit.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Heel Shane is the best.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Especially when they've done face Shane to death.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next year at mania.

Braun wins the finals of the Mae Young Classic.
    As the 4th Lashley sister.

Im sorry, i know you are all caught up in Kingston and his big moment and while I did enjoy the match, he never should have won.
    He is nothing but a taller Koko B Ware and that should be his ceiling.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah I think it goes a long way towards making wrestling feel more legit sport as it should be presented. The aspect of being able to predict the title contenders from years out, hell predictability in general, is killing the overexposed WWE product.

Now he certainly shouldnt be a dominant champion. That would feel terribly phoney. But every now and then a good worker should win a match he isn't "supposed" to win just to keep things feeling less formulaic and more authentic.

Buster Douglas did beat Mike Tyson. Doesn't matter if it made sense or not. He still knocked Tyson's ass out.

Then he held onto the title about as long as you'd have thought and never beat anyone above his perceived talent level ever again. Thats real.

Plus we get a damn interesting story out of it that none of us bitchers and moaners ever dreamed of.

Banned
    Smoking Meth and cuddling with an Armenian Gender Queer on a broken couch inside of an abandoned abortion clinic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    WM just continuously gets worse every year.

Even when hot angles/matchups fall into their laps they still pretty much manage to fuck it all up.

and by “they,” I mean “he,” as in Vince McMahon.

I swear to God that he intentionally books things just to spite his precious “WWE Universe.”

all the pieces of the puzzle were right in front of him but he still couldn’t put it together.

Literally ANY true wrestling fan could have booked it better.

It’s sad that after over three decades of watching The WWF/WWE that I’ve become increasingly more content merely reading the results online.

Wrestlemania used to feel like a special holiday...

now we’ve got Kofi fucking Kingston in the main event.

Ahhh, the all-time greats:

Sammartino...

Hogan...

Savage...

Austin...

Rock...

Lesnar...

Kingston.

I feel sorry for you sad sacks who still watch hours upon hours of their shitty programming each and every week.

you’re like the women who refuse to walk away from abusive relationships and keep making excuses for your boyfriends after they pummel the ever-loving piss out of you...

“HE BEATS ME BECAUSE HE LOVES ME.”
    Last edited by Slutty McWhoreface; April 21st, 2019 at 10:53 PM.