User Tag List

Results 1 to 60 of 60

Thread: Escape From TPTLLASFJTRV!

  1. #1
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867

    Escape From TPTLLASFJTRV!

    Well, since my CWA idea seemed to be too ambitious for success, and it's a bit quiet around here, I've had another idea in mind that I'm going to try instead. This one puts the majority of the heavy lifting on me and all you've got to do is vote and hopefully enjoy. No sign ups and no commitment from anyone but me.
    It's basically a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' type thing where you, the readers, will vote on the decisions you want to make to progress the story and I'll throw in an occasional dice roll to determine the degree of success in certain situations. So I'll write a chunk, leave it with some options, you vote for a bit and whenever I feel like writing more, I'll take the option with the most votes at that point and go with it. I'll also always leave an 'Other' option where you can suggest something besides the offered choices, if that gets the most votes, I'll go with it, which opens things up a bit to your input. I can't guarantee it'll be good but I'll try to make it fairly entertaining though it is worth noting, I will probably not be planning much ahead, I'll mostly just be making shit up as we go along.
    So without further ado, welcome to....

    ----

    **ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET THAT LOOKS LIKE A SKULL FROM JUST THE RIGHT VIEWPOINT**


    LOCATION: Dungeon on The Planet That Looks Like A Skull From Just The Right Viewpoint. Maybe it's the past, maybe it's the future, maybe it's both.

    YOU: You are Savache, a 6-foot-4, three-hundred pound, muscle-bound female space barbarian with a mohawk. You're pretty goddamn badass and most folks know it...at least, they do on your home planet, Skrigglezik. But you're not on Skigglezik, as that location statement above makes fairly clear. And that right there is your motivation: to get back to Skigglezik...well, and to plunder and slaughter and do some other fun stuff along the way.

    ----

    Darkness flutters to light as you open your eyes. Stone and steel surround you, illumined by the green glow of the laser bars on the cells. You're not sure how or why you're in this dungeon. The last thing you remember is sitting down to feast on a Skigglezikian glumberbus you just took off the spit and then WHAM! a flash of purple light and then darkness. And now you're here. With a headache. And you're naked. They took your clothes, your weapons, your gadgets, your potions, all your cool stuff that you use in your everyday space barbarianing. Naturally, once you grasp your current situation, you're pretty pissed off about it. Your goal is to escape from this cell so that you can then go on to escape from TPTLLASFJTRV.
    Despite the rage coursing through you, you notice a few things about your surroundings:
    You share your cell with a large, bulbous, black and yellow slug-like creature that is sleeping on a cot across from you.
    Outside your cell, a half-machine, half-man guard wielding a photon baton paces the corridor.
    In the cell across the corridor is a rugged, square-jawed action hero-type guy who appears to be doing chin-ups whilst giving you a look over that you're not particularly comfortable with.

    What would you like to do?
    1. Get the guard's attention.
    2. Talk to the action hero-type guy.
    3. Rip open the slug creature with your bare hands and wear it like a cloak (which would likely get the guard's attention and/or strike up a conversation with the action hero-type guy but probably not all that discreetly).
    4. Other (please suggest another course of action)

  2. #2
    AHHHHHHHH! Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Quahog, RI.
    Posts
    17,621
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    130452
    papuanewguinea
    Sure, What the hell.

    Option 2.

  3. #3
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    28029
    usa
    Option 3. I wanna cover up my goods, make them treat me to a nice space barbarian feast before they see what I'm offering.

  4. #4
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    16,931
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21211
    1

  5. #5
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    149597
    maldives
    1. Just wanna know what the fuck is up and so I'll begin at my captor.

  6. #6
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,009
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37754
    Option 3 all day.

  7. #7
    My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wearing my scarlet letter with pride
    Posts
    13,086
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16536
    ussr
    1

  8. #8
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    6,858
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50883
    3

  9. #9
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867
    You walk up to the bars and bark towards the guard,
    "HEY!!"
    The guard reels around and takes a few brisk steps toward your cell. When I said he's half and half, it's right down the middle. His right half is a grizzled and surly looking fellow who'd look at home on either side of the bars while his left half looks like a T-800 endoskeleton.

    "Ah, so ya finally *BLEEP*zzz*BLOOP*BLEEP*!"

    "Tell me why I'm here!"

    "Yer in no position to be making *BLOOP*BLEEP*zzz*BLORP*!"

    "TELL ME!!"

    You take an angry swipe at him but recoil in pain, your skin sizzling as it touches the laser bars.

    "Heh. Relax. Yer here 'cuz *BOOP*zz*BOOP*zz*BLEEP*!"

    "Repeat just that second part...?"

    "That's enough outta you, ya*BLEEP*BLEEP*BLOOP*!"

    Blinded by your frustration, you're too late reacting as he thrusts his proton baton through the bars and gives you a staggering jolt of energy that sends you stumbling back into the sleeping slug creature. The guard walks away as you feel the slimy behemoth rumbling beneath you,

    "Bwurrgh?!..glrrgg glrrg....bbwuhh...." he gurgles, still not fully on this side of consciousness quite yet.

    You hear the action hero-type guy chuckling from across the corridor.

    "I can tell you why you're here, sweetheart...or you can deal with the big banana when he's all awake and angry."

    What would you like to do?
    1. Talk to the action hero-type guy.
    2. Deal with the slug creature when he's all awake and angry.
    3. Rip open the slug creature with your bare hands and wear it like a cloak and then talk to the action hero-type guy if there's time before that guard comes back.
    4. Other (please suggest another course of action)

  10. #10
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    149597
    maldives
    3. Talking only made things more frustrating. Time to rip things.

  11. #11
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    6,858
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50883
    1. It would be impolite not to respond. But I want to be kind of an asshole when we respond. A polite, but mildly assy, response is where I'd like to take this.

  12. #12
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    28029
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    3. Talking only made things more frustrating. Time to rip things.
    Agreed. I was ready to rip things up from the start. Time to get it done.

  13. #13
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,009
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37754
    Gotta go with Option 3 again. I can't see Savache being keen on just getting into conversation after being zapped and confused. Slice the slug to prove your dominance, THEN address the Action Hero-type.

  14. #14
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    16,931
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21211
    1.

    We've already established we're not top of the food chain.

  15. #15
    AHHHHHHHH! Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Quahog, RI.
    Posts
    17,621
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    130452
    papuanewguinea
    3.

  16. #16
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867
    Ignoring the action hero-type guy, you reach toward the snoring orifice of the slumbering slug creature. Anger and frustration courses through you as you grab hold of either side of it and with a roar, yank your hands wide. Nary a squeal can escape its throat as in a spray of golden slime, you rend the beast, not too unlike the peeling of a banana. Its creamy viscera spills at your feet and for a split second, your rage and confusion are overtaken by a pleasant sense of satisfaction as you revel in yourself and your cell now splattered with its inner fluids. With a grin on your face, you throw its thick rubbery hide around you like a shawl.

    "Jeeeesus, lady! ...that was kinda hot."

    Sick of his tone, sick of this place, and sick of not knowing what the hell is going on, you pull your syrupy cloak tightly around you and lunge toward the laser bars. You see, you've had an idea. The slug creature's thick juicy skin hisses and crackles as you pass through the green beams but you remain unscathed. Pretty good idea.

    "Pretty good idea," the action hero-type agrees, "But that's only your first problem solved..."

    You see the man-machine guard rushes towards you. Not only that, but he seems to have triggered an alarm on his shoulder that is now flashing and wailing and certainly alerting other guards that you're needing some attention.

    "Listen, honey, give me that slug skin and I'll help you! We'll get outta here together!"

    The one guard has now been joined by three others and they're rapidly approaching.

    What would you like to do?
    1. Toss him the cloak and let him help you.
    2. Go it alone. Fuck that guy.
    3. Other (please suggest another course of action...if there really is one at this moment?)

  17. #17
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    28029
    usa
    1. I don't trust him though. Just feel like he's the lesser of two evils at this moment.

    Loving this story so far mth. It reminds me of which way books I used to read as a kid. Hoping more to come after this one concludes.

  18. #18
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    149597
    maldives
    1. Take advantage of his knowledge of the place and his desire to get out to help the situation, but keep a close eye on any ulterior motive he may have.

  19. #19
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,009
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37754
    1. We might be rage-filled and maybe a bit naive, but we're not dumb.

  20. #20
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    6,858
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50883
    1

  21. #21
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867
    Somewhat reluctantly, you shrug off the gooey yellow hide and fling it towards his cell. It cooks a bit more as it passes through the laser bars.

    "Smart gal!" he proclaims as he pulls it around his beefy and equally naked frame. He charges through the beams and after another brief bit of fried slug skin, stands at your side.

    "Halt, prisoners! Comply or *BLEEP!*zz*BLORP!*BLOOP!*"

    "Sorry, babe.." the action hero-type guy quickly apologizes but before you can ask why, he stabs you in the leg with a shiv!
    You drop to a knee as the first guard lunges for that leg-stabbing asshole. The man-machine brings his proton baton down but it only strikes rubbery yellow flesh as the action hero-type guy is unaffected! He delivers a few rapid strikes to subdue the cyborg before turning and fleeing down the corridor!
    The remaining three guards are suddenly upon you! Fortunately, being coated in a glistening layer of slug blood makes you hard to grasp and buys you enough time to yank the shiv from your thigh and find your footing. You grip the weapon but notice the downed guard has dropped his proton baton which may serve you better.
    You reach for it...


    [dice roll: 1-3 you'll fail to grab it, 4-6 you will succeed]
    [Dice roll yields: 2]

    A guard brings his boot down on your outstretched hand. This foot happens to be his robot side, so your shiv-holding hand is conveniently on his tender, more stabbable human side. And stab, you do! You drive the shiv between his ribs, let's see if it's a death blow:

    [dice roll, 1-3 it's not, 4-6 deathblow!]
    [Dice roll yields: 4]

    Being half machine, half man, his internal organs aren't quite arranged the same as a normal dude so you got him right in something he really quite needs to be alive. He crumples, clutching a gusher of a wound, and that's the end of that guy.
    The previously downed guard has pulled himself up and takes off running after the escaped action hero-type guy-who-turned-out-to-be-a-dickbag. This leaves two guards advancing on you. Still gripping the bloody shiv you ready yourself. Outnumbered, their proton batons are unavoidable, but you discover the layer of goo slathered all over your skin adds a degree of insulation that dampens their effect. Let's see how this fight goes:


    [the odds to win are in your favor because of the goo, you have a weapon, and you're a skilled fighter]
    [dice roll: 1 you lose and are subdued, 2-3 you win but take a beating in the process, 4-6 you kill the shit outta them no problems]
    [Dice roll yields: 4]

    Shiv in hand, rage flowing through you, and years of this kind of thing under your currently missing belt, you easily lay waste to the guards, leaving them bruised and broken in a heap. You tear at their uniforms and squeeze your jacked-up physique into whatever scraps of clothing you can. You also discover key cards which, along with their proton batons, you think are well worth keeping.

    You Have:
    -Shiv
    -2x key cards
    -2x proton batons

    What would you like to do?
    1. Head down the corridor in the same direction as that thigh-stabbing asshole.
    2. Head down the corridor in the opposite direction.
    3. Other (suggest another course of action)

  22. #22
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    6,858
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50883
    1. He seems to know where he's going, and we won't stand for his conduct.

  23. #23
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    149597
    maldives
    1. Hope the dickbag knows where he's going and seriously hope to catch up to him at some point on the way.

  24. #24
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,009
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37754
    Should have known! While revenge is tempting, I vote Option 2. Since he lied about helping us, he also probably lied about knowing his way out. Besides, wouldn't the guards come from the direction of the entrance to keep any escaping prisoners from getting out?

  25. #25
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    28029
    usa
    I knew he was trouble. At least he said sorry before fucking us over.

    2. Something tells me even if we don't follow him, we still haven't seen the last of him. Bide our time, our revenge will come.

  26. #26
    My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wearing my scarlet letter with pride
    Posts
    13,086
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16536
    ussr
    1. Follow him at a distance.

  27. #27
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867
    You begin to make your way down the corridor you last saw the action hero-type douche go down, sticking to the shadows and trying to move with some degree of stealth as you can still hear alarms sounding a bit further off. Voices come at you from behind glowing green bars as you pass, hissing and snarling contempt as well as begging and pleading for help. You think that perhaps the key cards you've acquired may open cells but considering what the last guy you helped did, you're feeling a bit self-centered right now. You round a bend and take shelter under a large steel scaffold. A familiar whisper comes from above,

    "Color me impressed, sweetheart..."

    You whirl around and glare up at the familiar face grinning down from above,

    "You passed the test."

    "Test?!" you bark, "I oughtta tear your throat out, you thigh-stabbing piece of gabage!"

    "Easy, easy! Sorry I had to do that but I wanted to see what you were made of. Lots of tough lookin' customers out there, not all of 'em go beyond just lookin' it. And since you haven't been in there yet, I had no other way of knowing..."

    At the mention of 'there' he gestures toward a set of doors across the room. These doors look a fair bit fancier than the rest, tall and impressive, framed with gleaming metal adornments. Whatever is on the other side seems like it's pretty important.

    "Listen, I know you've got no reason to trust me but I know what goes on here and I'm done screwing you over. Let's start over right here. We get outta here together. Whattaya say?"

    He extends a hand down towards you for the shaking.

    What would you like to do?
    1. Yank his ass down and give him the beating he's earned.
    2. Shake his hand and give him another chance.
    3. Flip him the bird and continue on your own.
    4. Other (please suggest an another course of action)

  28. #28
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,009
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37754
    Option 4. Flip him the bird and give him another chance. But he's at least getting stabbed once we get out of here.

  29. #29
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    149597
    maldives
    Option 4. Swift straight right hand receipt for the thigh pain.

    If he has a problem with that then on our own way. If he understands then we'll call it a clean slate and work together.

  30. #30
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,009
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37754
    I'll actually change my option to Percussion's variation.

  31. #31
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    28029
    usa
    Yeah, I can piggyback on Percussion's option 4.

  32. #32
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    6,858
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50883
    4 I like the cut of percussion s jib.

  33. #33
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,009
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37754
    @mth I'm sure life has been too busy with all the recent developments and WrestleMania weekend, so no rush. But I do hope you still plan on continuing this, because I, and I think at least the three other consistent contributors, have thoroughly enjoyed this.

  34. #34
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    28029
    usa
    For sure. I figured Wrestlemania weekend is hectic but I have been checking everyday for the next part of the story.

  35. #35
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    6,858
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50883
    I also like the cut of mth's jib

  36. #36
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    149597
    maldives
    #freesavache

  37. #37
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867
    Glad to hear you're all eager for more, boys. Will be updating tomorrow night, probz.

  38. #38
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867
    You take a step back and motion for him to come down. He descends and as soon as his feet hit the floor, your fist hits his face. He staggers back and slumps against the wall, clutching his now bleeding nose.

    "..ffft, I suppose I had that coming..."

    "Info. Spit it out before you're spitting out teeth."

    "I know but we gotta move! Did you get any key cards off those guards?"

    You flash the two cards in your pocket.

    "Good, we need to use one to get in there. Hold it up to the scanner there. Soon as we're through the door, we head to the left."

    He took the punch like a man so you're opting to give him another shot at trust as you realize the time for talking is diminishing. The two of you move quickly toward the door as the alarms continue to sound, quickly ducking behind some equipment when a pair of guards rush past. Holding one of the cards in front of the scanner, you see the light blinks with a beep from red to green and with a woosh, the large metal doors part. Slipping through them quickly, you head to the left and take shelter once again.

    "Ok, one more door here then we're in the locker room. That's where our stuff is. Your locker number's your cell number."

    He sees your raised eyebrow.

    "That's why we're here. They make us fight. To the death."

    You have a sudden flash of emotion. You're a barbarian, remember, and while you're not too keen on being abducted and imprisoned against your will, you do feel a certain...arousal...at the whole fighting to the death stuff. That's kind of your jam.

    "Let's go!"

    He motions and the two of you rush to the next door. Another flash of the key card grants you access, and you find yourselves in a long room with concrete benches along its center and banks of metal lockers covering its walls. He beelines for a locker and presses his finger to the sensor, nodding to the one beside him.

    "That's you! Fingerprint access! Hurry!"

    You're there without hesitation with your finger on the sensor. Opening the door you see that all the stuff you had on you at the time you got abducted has been stored in this locker. While it's not all of your best barbarian gear, it's some pretty good shit. You tear off the ill-fitting guard's attire, setting the two photon batons on the bench beside you, and pull on your own clothes, a base of thick glumberbus hide with added bone and metal armor. You smile as you secure your Griptar skull mask over your face. You make sure to keep the keycards tucked securely in your new/old outfit. You notice the action hero-type guy has already suited up much quicker as his attire is a suit of armor that rapidly unfurled itself over his body with the press of a button. He is checking a pair of blasters after securing a larger gun in a holster across his back.

    Suddenly the door opens!

    A thick beam of white-hot energy fires across the room and melts your locker shut!

    A hulking guard-bot stands before you, its still steaming energy cannon pointed squarely at the two of you!

    What would you like to do?
    1. Shiv action hero-type guy in the leg and leave him like he left you (there's a weak spot in the back of the knee of his armor, you were quick to observe)
    2. Trust this partnership and fight the bot together.
    3. Don't worry about him and just go at the robot yourself and hope he'll assist.
    4. Other (please suggest another course of action)

  39. #39
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    28029
    usa
    Man I'm tempted to shiv him but thinking I should trust him for now.

  40. #40
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,009
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37754
    Going with option 2. Dude seems at least focused on survival enough to work with him for now.

  41. #41
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    28029
    usa
    Yeah, I think option 2 is better.

    Really want to shiv him though....

  42. #42
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,009
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37754
    It would be great poetic justice, but I think that punch was good enough for now.

  43. #43
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    28029
    usa
    Yeah that's what I thought. No need taking one step forward, one step back but am curious as to what would happen if she did.

  44. #44
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    6,858
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50883
    3. He needs to start following our lead

  45. #45
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    149597
    maldives
    3. All that fight to the death talk got my barbarian mojo flowing. Fight assholebot now, pillow talk later.

  46. #46
    My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wearing my scarlet letter with pride
    Posts
    13,086
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16536
    ussr
    3

  47. #47
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867
    Despite the fact that your locker got welded shut before you could grab all of your gear, you've at least got your own clothes/mask on now, and you're starting to feel a bit more like the motherfucking barbarian that you are. You snatch up a proton baton in each hand and, with a war cry erupting from deep within, you rush towards the big blue and silver mechanical menace. Maybe that square-jawed dope will lend a hand, maybe he won't, you don't really give much of a shit at this point (but the bit of a shit that you do give is that he hopefully will).

    Let's see how we do:


    [dice roll: 1 - you eat a beam to the face and die, 2 you are beaten but not dead, 3-5 you win with only a few bumps, 6 you kill its ass dead no problems]
    [dice roll yields: 5]

    As you charge, another beam of energy comes your way, but you evade and it splits the concrete bench in two. A third beam quickly follows and you cross the batons in defense, absorbing the energy but unfortunately also melting the batons (and burning your hands a bit). You toss them aside, as at this point you're able to swing yourself around the frame of the guard-bot and mount its back.
    The robot reels and heaves, trying to shake you off, and rams itself back first into the concrete wall. You groan in pain but have taken tight hold of whatever you can and refuse to let go. A second thump into the wall and you feel a rib crack. You quickly shift yourself up, locking your legs around its neck as its non-blaster arm starts reaching for you. Its first attempt manages to strike you in the face (fortunately your mask softens the blow) and as Its hand comes at you again, you grab hold of it tightly, securing a wristlock of sorts and wrenching it back behind its head. The bot aims its blaster as best it can and fires...
    ...cleaving it's own arm at the elbow!
    A shower of sparks spews from the joint and you begin to strike down on its head with its own severed forearm! The series of blows begins to loosen a panel that reveals a twinkling mass of circuits beneath. You pull out the shiv and plunge it into the opening! You're jolted off its back by a surge of electricity and you drop to the floor to watch the big bot convulse and stagger before it crumples to a heap, a plume of smoke drifting up from its grievous head wound.
    You rise to your feet and see ol' action hero-type dickhead still standing there like that whole big-ass robot fight never even happened. He smirks as he applauds. You glare daggers.

    "You didn't even move..."

    "I didn't have to! Honey, you are a beast!"

    "You get me out of here now or you're joining him."

    "Whoa, hey, I just recognize a strong independent woman when I see one. You don't need some man rushing to your aid, you can hold your own, you-"

    "Shut up and shoot open my locker."

    "Yes, ma'am!"

    Pulling the rifle off his back, he fires at the locker, blasting the door clean off. You hurry to collect the remainder of your things:

    You now have:
    -Dagger of Baeorth
    - You defeated the mighty warlord Baeorth when he and his horde descended on your home planet and claimed his dagger as reward. It was forged from a virtually indestructible alien metal and if thrown, will return to its wielder's hand.
    -Ch'kwan Plasma Axe - A large double-bladed battle axe that was customized to coat its blade with a layer of plasma to increase its destructive power and to act as shield to absorb and deflect attacks.
    -4x green flame grenades - Green flame is a jade-hued fire that causes the painful sensation of being burned without the actual physical effects
    -2x keycards

    You figure it's fine to leave the shiv lodged in the noggin of the big bot now that you've got some better tools to work with.

    "Alright, we got our gear, let's get outta here."

    "Heh. Yeah, about that..."

    You turn to see the action hero-type asshole standing with his rifle trained on you.

    "I told you, they make us fight to the death."

    There is a rumbling coming from the very walls around you. They begin to tremor, shift, and slide, and soon, gone are the lockers, the benches, the concrete walls, the small locker room expanding, folding away to open up to reveal the pair of you now standing in the center of an arena.

    “Sorry, sweetheart, there was never a 'we'. This is my way out, babe. I made a deal. I kill the famed Savache, I get released from this hell-hole. 'Course I had to follow a few rules, just to make it sporting.”

    Surrounding you are tiers of spectators: man, machine, alien, and everything in between, all hooting and hollering and hungry for blood.

    “And when I kill you?”

    “'If' and it's a big one.”

    He chuckles and nods to a blue-skinned officiant behind the barrier.

    “Scumbags and scoundrels, the death game commences! The barbarian warrior of Skigglezik, Savache, versus the assassin and thief, Colton Steed! TO THE DEATH!”

    The crowd roars as you barely have time to activate your plasma axe before Steed fires his rifle. The blade illumines with a crackling glow and you manage to deflect his shot.

    The First Big Fight
    Change of pace here, I'd like you guys help me figure out how to run this fight. Key is I want to keep it simple. I think each combatant starts with a certain amount of hit points, each weapon has a certain value for damage, and then we figure out some dice rolling to determine how successful the attacks are. I don't want to get too involved, though, so the easier, the better. Maybe something like how I've done the previous dice roll options where certain things cause the odds to be better but let's not make it advanced algebra or anything.
    Steed has: a pair of handgun-type blasters, a larger laser rifle, and a suit of robotic armor a bit like a toned down Iron Man suit that gives him protection and increased strength, agility, speed.

  48. #48
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    149597
    maldives
    Feel like this kind of battle thing really isn't my bag as I've just never played many games that were geared that way.

    Happy to give input as ideas come along though cause I'm totally still digging the whole story concept.

  49. #49
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,009
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37754
    I say give everyone hit points. Start low with like 10 to 15 for Savache and Colton Steed. Then you either do this one of two ways:

    1) Everyone has an armor rating, which increases or decreases depending on what they wear, and you do a dice roll to see if you can beat that rating. If successful, you do a fixed amount of damage based on your fighting style(Savache probably had pretty powerful fists but does more damage with the dagger and even more with the axe). Maybe mix in a bit of the rolls you've been doing where a 1 results in terrible consequences for missing and a perfect roll(6, in this case) does extra damage.

    OR

    2) No official armor ratings, just plan it like you have before. 1 is a complete miss, mid-range is a hit, highest does extra damage. I say if you go this route, you do a separate die roll for how much damage you do plus a bonus from our weapon of choice.

    Basically, use a bit of stats but not combining both(armor rating for successful hits and rolling for damage). As far as reader input, maybe we choose which weapon to use or from a list of actions to take kind of like a turn-based JRPG. SO like

    Option 1: Attack
    Option 2: Defend
    Option 3: Use Item(and we can choose what item
    Option 4: Run Away
    Option 5: Special Option(like if there's a lever we can flip to change the environment or something like that)

    Just kinda spit-balling while keeping the spirit of the game AND keeping it simpler.

  50. #50
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    149597
    maldives
    Bummer about this..

  51. #51
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867
    I've been giving it some thought and just need to find some time to sit down and hammer out this fight. Maybe next week.

  52. #52
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867
    Guys, I'm not sure I want to do it this way. I want to keep it simpler, ditch all this dice rolling and D&D-type shit, keep it straight 'choose your own adventure'-style. Less work for me, more likely to keep it progressing that way. So, having said that, debating if I should scrap this story and start a new one or see if I can continue this one in a more streamlined approach. Thoughts?

  53. #53
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,009
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37754
    I personally think what you were doing before with the light dice rolls for severity of failure/success was perfectly fine and a fun way to kind of reward or punish us for our choices. I don't see why it can't continue as it was before you tried to get too deep into battle. That said, if you don't like the dice-rolling at all, I'm fine with just doing a pure choose-your-own-adventure story. Again, though, I don't see why you couldn't do that with the current set-up unless you had planned to hinge everything on the arena fights.

  54. #54
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    28029
    usa
    I loved the choose your own adventure style thing that was going on. I'd very much like to see where Savache ends up.

  55. #55
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    6,858
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50883
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I loved the choose your own adventure style thing that was going on. I'd very much like to see where Savache ends up.
    Agreed. Fun story so far

  56. #56
    My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wearing my scarlet letter with pride
    Posts
    13,086
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16536
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I loved the choose your own adventure style thing that was going on. I'd very much like to see where Savache ends up.

  57. #57
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    28029
    usa
    SAVACHE!!!!!

  58. #58
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867
    Not sure if I'm going to get back to this, I'm considering trying to help Cewsh get Fiction Fight going instead. Waiting to hear back from him. Also thinking about starting a new one of these if that's not happening soon.

  59. #59
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    6,858
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50883
    If you back away from this, you're going to see a lot of fan fiction from this pack of yahoos. frankly, you might find some of it disturbing.

  60. #60
    well-dressed jaguar mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    150867
    I'd love to see how you guys would handle the rest of the story. Knee's already got a pretty gross ball rolling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •