User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE Monday Night RAW (SEVEN MAN GAUNTLET) - Monday February 19, 2018

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant4Ever View Post
    Curious if anyone on here thought that Asuka's promo will hurt her in the eyes of Vince.

It was pretty brutal to watch (yes, I know it's not her first language and I give her all the credit in the world for what she is able to do).

I'm not saying I'm hating on her...I just wonder if Vince saw that and will react in some way.
    i just watched the interview on YouTube from the wwe page. maybe it was edited, but i saw absolutely nothing 'brutal' in it.

edit: yeah, okay, that was edited. found the full version. even still, that really wasnt that bad, she tripped up on one line but was still able to get the point across. definitely not brutal.
    Last edited by Morrison; February 20th, 2018 at 3:54 PM.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just want to see Funaki.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    i just watched the interview on YouTube from the wwe page. maybe it was edited, but i saw absolutely nothing 'brutal' in it.

edit: yeah, okay, that was edited. found the full version. even still, that really wasnt that bad, she tripped up on one line but was still able to get the point across. definitely not brutal.
    It wasn't bad by any means. However, the question he asked holds some merit. Would Vince have any second thoughts about giving her the big push. I feel like Vince is already hesitant to push someone that doesn't speak fluent English and a semi fumbled promo might trigger that. I hope not.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has there ever been a dumber booking decision than not running with Strowman at 'Mania? Reigns couldn't be colder at the minute. He's been spinning his heels since the end of the Braun feud more than half a year ago. Braun is catching lightning in a bottle. Run with him. Reigns can be the guy to retire Brock at Summerslam if they want, but Braun's the man for now. So very frustrating. I think Roman is great, but you don't go all in on a guy who's not catching on at the necessary level.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I just want to see Funaki.
    He is at every ppv as part of the Japanese announce team. I may or may not say INDEED each time they show him.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Has there ever been a dumber booking decision than not running with Strowman at 'Mania? Reigns couldn't be colder at the minute. He's been spinning his heels since the end of the Braun feud more than half a year ago. Braun is catching lightning in a bottle. Run with him. Reigns can be the guy to retire Brock at Summerslam if they want, but Braun's the man for now. So very frustrating. I think Roman is great, but you don't go all in on a guy who's not catching on at the necessary level.
    Who was it that was wrestling, I think maybe Rollins and Elias, where the crowd was chanting "We want Strowman" Unbelievable. It makes my heart happy. They should definitely run with Strowman at full speed. The way his promo after the match came across, I have high hopes that he will indeed win on Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    He is at every ppv as part of the Japanese announce team. I may or may not say INDEED each time they show him.
    Can you watch PPVs in other languages? I may put the Japanese audio on next time

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am not sure if you have an option to change it or not. I just know they show all the various announce teams and he is part of the Japanese team.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mania 29 card as well as going with Reigns vs HHH at Mania 32 seem like much worse decisions.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    It wasn't bad by any means. However, the question he asked holds some merit. Would Vince have any second thoughts about giving her the big push. I feel like Vince is already hesitant to push someone that doesn't speak fluent English and a semi fumbled promo might trigger that. I hope not.
    he just had two non-english speaking superstars get title matches for wrestlemania by winning royal rumbles. its not as if them not being fluent is a sudden revelation.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    You can watch PPVs on the Network in a bunch of different languages yes.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who was it that was wrestling, I think maybe Rollins and Elias, where the crowd was chanting "We want Strowman" Unbelievable. It makes my heart happy. They should definitely run with Strowman at full speed. The way his promo after the match came across, I have high hopes that he will indeed win on Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you watch PPVs in other languages? I may put the Japanese audio on next time
    As soon as I heard that chant I thought “man, I hope Donald hears that”

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mania 29 card as well as going with Reigns vs HHH at Mania 32 seem like much worse decisions.
    Really? Who do you think was ready to be put over as the top guy at either of those events? I'm not saying they weren't poorly put together cards, but it wasn't as if they had a red hot replacement for Cena or Reigns respectively. You could maybe argue Ambrose for 32 but he didn't feel like a top guy like Braun does. 29 was just misguided rematch booking getting their in house guys their wins back but didn't really leave money on the table.

I should say, Reigns vs. Lesnar should be an outstanding match and I'd look forward to it. But when someone's hot, and it doesn't happen often, they should run with it.
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; February 20th, 2018 at 8:05 PM.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Damn right Strowman's hot

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched some of the gauntlet highlights. Seemed like a pretty damn good match and I personally think it's pretty cool that they did such a massive match on RAW. Very different, mixes things up, made a bit of history. Cool shit. Rollins looked like a beast and it did wonders to help getting him back on track to being higher in the pecking order. Braun, my god, the dude is the hottest thing going, the crowd is on fire for him, they're using him perfectly. I'm still thinking there's a chance they go with him against Lesnar at Mania and not Roman. Roman went out first to Rollins. Braun didn't get pinned in the triple threat at the Rumble. There's unfinished business. There's rumblings it'll be Roman vs. Rollins post Mania but I'm wondering if that's not what we get AT Mania while Strowman goes against Lesnar. Just seems like, based on TV/recent storylines, etc., that everything's in place for Braun to be the guy and nothing's really pointing towards it being Roman.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Watched some of the gauntlet highlights. Seemed like a pretty damn good match and I personally think it's pretty cool that they did such a massive match on RAW. Very different, mixes things up, made a bit of history. Cool shit. Rollins looked like a beast and it did wonders to help getting him back on track to being higher in the pecking order. Braun, my god, the dude is the hottest thing going, the crowd is on fire for him, they're using him perfectly. I'm still thinking there's a chance they go with him against Lesnar at Mania and not Roman. Roman went out first to Rollins. Braun didn't get pinned in the triple threat at the Rumble. There's unfinished business. There's rumblings it'll be Roman vs. Rollins post Mania but I'm wondering if that's not what we get AT Mania while Strowman goes against Lesnar. Just seems like, based on TV/recent storylines, etc., that everything's in place for Braun to be the guy and nothing's really pointing towards it being Roman.
    We've said the same thing about Braun when he faced Lesnar, the triple threat, etc. etc. He should be the guy, but he won't be. The rumors are Rollins/Reigns in the summer, but I suppose that necessarily doesn't have to be for a title.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Who do you think was ready to be put over as the top guy at either of those events? I'm not saying they weren't poorly put together cards, but it wasn't as if they had a red hot replacement for Cena or Reigns respectively. You could maybe argue Ambrose for 32 but he didn't feel like a top guy like Braun does. 29 was just misguided rematch booking getting their in house guys their wins back but didn't really leave money on the table.

I should say, Reigns vs. Lesnar should be an outstanding match and I'd look forward to it. But when someone's hot, and it doesn't happen often, they should run with it.
    They were very poor cards in my opinion. We didn't need Mania 29 to be filled with rematches. Not only that, the wrong guys won in a lot of those matches. Why did Ryback lose clean to Henry when he was getting a title shot the next month?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he just had two non-english speaking superstars get title matches for wrestlemania by winning royal rumbles. its not as if them not being fluent is a sudden revelation.
    Yes I am aware of that. Again, it's not hard to believe that Vince would hear that promo and maybe rethink the plans he had. Yeah the title matches are booked but that doesn't mean they have to win them. Maybe another botched promo will convince him not to go all the way with them. It's not hard to believe.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am aware of that. Again, it's not hard to believe that Vince would hear that promo and maybe rethink the plans he had. Yeah the title matches are booked but that doesn't mean they have to win them. Maybe another botched promo will convince him not to go all the way with them. It's not hard to believe.
    he knew what asuka was before that promo. contrary to popular belief Vince doesn't get spooked nearly that easy or often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is quite hard to believe. He is many things, but not stupid. He would be fully aware how her English language promo skills are. I think he would be much more likely to panic if someone who spoke English as a first language bombed (which this didn’t really). Here he will have been well aware of the risks involved and likely weighed them against getting more popularity in Japan long before now, during the two years or so she has been working for them.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    plus the only way for her to get better is to do it. shes improved a lot since first debuting. one barely stumble hiccup that she recovered from well isnt going to suddenly flip his opinions.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Knock a moora doesn't have good English either but they are ready to push him to the moon

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Asuka speaks the universal language of kicking unbelievable amounts of ass...

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They appear to have been knocking Reigns down a bit to then build him back up but he needs to look strong going into Mania. The Gauntlet match they could have had Strowman potentially go through the whole field to put him over as a monster. I'll be interested to see how they protect Strowman in the EC match, possibly have him double teamed and pinned by Regins and Cena. I think Strowman has only been pinned twice in his career yet people were upset he was pinned after only one F5 vs Lesnar last autumn.

Personally I'd put Strowman on SD so he could have a long title run there and matches against strikers like Naka and Styles. Also he'd have Owens to feud with and possibly Orton who would sell for Strowman but could always hit RKO.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally watched Raw last night (fuck Hulu) and I have to say....This Raw made me a Rollins believer. I might enjoy him more as a heel, but honestly that performance and really the last couple months he's been winning me over as a guy who I could see being what they want Roman to be. I'm a little more partial to Dean Ambrose but obviously he's hurt, Finn Balor is someone else who I could see taking the torch but Rollins....just incredible.

Asuka's promo was what it was but nobody shit on her. We know her English isn't good, she's definitely improving, but as it was said by Bill Casey...she speaks the universal language of kicking ass and people love it. Ronda Rousey was not known for her "promo skills" and millions paid to see her Asuka a bunch of women.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strowman will probably go down to the AA, Blackout, spear, and Coup De Grace.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Strowman will probably go down to the AA, Blackout, spear, and Coup De Grace.
    My worst nightmare...unless he gets right up after all four and throws each wrestler through the chamber walls into the crowd. Then that's a what I like to call.... a wet dream.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm predicting Strowman gets eliminated and powerslams everyone. He then picks up Roman for a 2nd one and powerslams him through a pod. This will also add to Roman's underdog status he's had since he debuted on the main roster. So then when he wins people will go "oh man I can't believe he survived the first every 7 man EC while getting powerslammed through a pod!!"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what's worse. That happening, or the thought that you've likely just laid out how the match will go.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can already hear Cole screaming how amazing "the big dog's victory is" and how he "protected his yard" even if he only gets the last pin.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm predicting Strowman gets eliminated and powerslams everyone. He then picks up Roman for a 2nd one and powerslams him through a pod. This will also add to Roman's underdog status he's had since he debuted on the main roster. So then when he wins people will go "oh man I can't believe he survived the first every 7 man EC while getting powerslammed through a pod!!"
    I don't see that happening, directly, because that implies you want to plant the seed even further for Strowman/Reigns. I'm guessing, unless a turn for Roman happens, that's likely not on the table for a while. Feels like a transitional champion is going to be where Strowman gets his moment. I guess if they open up the avenue of Rollins/Reigns for the future, that opens the door for Strowman very easily, but it seems like Strowman is more set along the lines of the Miz.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    plus the only way for her to get better is to do it. shes improved a lot since first debuting. one barely stumble hiccup that she recovered from well isnt going to suddenly flip his opinions.
    You are acting like Vince doesn't suddenly flip his opinions though. I don't think he will in this case but I could easily see it happening. Just listening to bruce on STWW, it sounds like he does it with no actual reason. For you to dismiss it from happening seems naive

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are acting like Vince doesn't suddenly flip his opinions though. I don't think he will in this case but I could easily see it happening. Just listening to bruce on STWW, it sounds like he does it with no actual reason. For you to dismiss it from happening seems naive
    no, I'm acting like he doesnt do it as often as people try and make out. im being realistic and not going off of stories from a dude who hasnt been around the man or creative team in a decade. of course theres always a chance a push or confidence gets stifled, but to think THAT segment is going to derail plans, especially given how strong her booking has remained on the main roster, sounds like buying too heavily into the RUMOR AND INNUENDO.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's be honest, Asuka can barely speak English and she still had a better promo than 90% of the roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I was bothered at first about the language barrier, but not anymore. I would rather hear a short promo and see an amazing match than a 20 minute promo and someone only giving a duplex over and over.. and over.. and over again. (Cough Brock Cough)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    Asuka speaks the universal language of kicking unbelievable amounts of ass...
    And yet, they feel the need to have her cut promos.

The woman is pure charisma. Wrestlers like her don't need to cut promos. That's the point I'd rather drive home to creative if I had the chance. It's not that she did a bad job. It's more that her promo skills don't even need to come into question.

Asuka gets her point across with body language better than nearly anyone else on either roster.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Duplex city, bitch.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    And yet, they feel the need to have her cut promos.

The woman is pure charisma. Wrestlers like her don't need to cut promos. That's the point I'd rather drive home to creative if I had the chance. It's not that she did a bad job. It's more that her promo skills don't even need to come into question.

Asuka gets her point across with body language better than nearly anyone else on either roster.
    When don't they feel the need to have their talent cut promos? Especially the ones they're pushing to the moon. It's their thing. Character driven. Honestly I'd rather they not have Asuka try to do a 2-3 minute in-ring scripted promo with someone like Renee who's just following the same script. She should have maybe repeated some of the stuff Asuka was trying to get across if that makes any sense, like reiterate some of it. But the fans were cool, so much respect for her that I don't see her getting shit on ever for not speaking English perfectly. It's a hard language to truly master, ask 90% of the people who fucking live here lol.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If only I had time to ask 291 million people if they've mastered the English language.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only I had time to ask 291 million people if they've mastered the English language.
    I've have them all on speed dial

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duplex city, bitch.
    Brock Lesnar stars a real estate company specializing in oversized apartments.

They finish their first community full of two-unit homes.

Duplex city, bitch.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant4Ever View Post
    Brock Lesnar stars a real estate company specializing in oversized apartments.

They finish their first community full of two-unit homes.

Duplex city, bitch.
    AJ's the one who should be in real estate. After all, this is the house that AJ Styles built.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And I want to know how Paige can afford all the arenas she's ever been in, since they are all her house.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I want to know how Paige can afford all the arenas she's ever been in, since they are all her house.
    She's a gypsy, so probably squatting.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Good call.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    AJ's the one who should be in real estate. After all, this is the house that AJ Styles built.
    If I might direct you gentlemen this way

Crappy Wrestling Jokes Version 2

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    If I might direct you gentlemen this way

Crappy Wrestling Jokes Version 2
    I invented that thread. This is like redirecting Leonardo da Vinci to the Mona Lisa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Duplex city, bitch.
    ��