User Tag List

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 2,000 of 2506

Thread: 2018 NFL Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Steelers are in the shit. Two massive games against the Saints and Patriots, likely have to win one of them to make the playoffs. Crazy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got 2 of the 3 actually right, and the Chiefs survived in OT.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    It was funny how Dallas thought they were a receiver away from competing. They actually gave up a first round pick which might be a top 10 pick considering the schedule Dallas has the rest of the way.
    oh boy

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    oh boy
    Have a day Amari

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh boy
    Congrats on the regular season win. Cooper had that game against practice squad guys and someone with a hamstring injury btw

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I love bringing up that quote obvously I wasn't happy with the trade when it happened either to be fair

So happy to be wrong! What a player. Crazy game, and a huge win. A Dallas win or Eagles loss clinches the division.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the regular season win. Cooper had that game against practice squad guys and someone with a hamstring injury btw

See you next year buddy, enjoy the draft

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cooper had that game against practice squad guys and someone with a hamstring injury btw
    Teams can adjust to missing players and other teams can’t. Redskins and eagles adjusted but cowboys didn’t
    My point is, every single team has to deal with injuries. It just seems like Cowboy fans are the only ones that list them.
    Just really not sure why the Eagles didn't ADJUST?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Love it. Nice statement win for Chicago.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on the Chargers for having the second-best record in the AFC...only to be the fifth seed, haha.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See you next year buddy, enjoy the draft
    I would say the same to you but you won't have a first round pick after a playoff exit

- - - Updated - - -

Just really not sure why the Eagles didn't ADJUST?
    haha only 7 defensive starters were out including their top 2 corners with their 3rd corner having a hamstring injury mid game. Eagles did adjust last year when they won a super bowl though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steelers definitely have to be worried now about all scenarios now. I think I realized why I know I don't trust them as a contender: structure on offense. Yeah, they've got a ton of talent but they often fall in love way too much with passing. Look at Conner's rush totals with the Broncos game, for example. They, the Broncos, are a relatively pedestrian rush defense. Tomlin and everyone got scared about the edge rush and just used Conner to chip. How about you don't pass the ball 56 times and run more? It's an entitled offense with a quarterback who can make some pretty dumb throws.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It hasnt been as pronounced this year but Road Ben is no where near as good as Home Ben. Way too many turnovers.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eagles players on IR

Derek Barnett
    Rodney McLeod
    Ronald Darby
    Jalen Mills
    Jay Ajayi
    Mike Wallace
    Mack Hollins
    Corey Clement
    Josh Sweat

Not to mention Tim Jernigan only played 1 game this year, Jordan Hicks missed the last 3, Darren Sproles missed close to 10 games and Sidney Jones has been in and out of the lineup.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's your point?

Based on your argument last year quoted mere days ago using injuries as an excuse isn't valid. You said teams should be able to adjust, or plan sufficiently for injuries, scheme to cover injuries, and use resources effectively (maybe like don't spend a 3rd rounder on a WR who doesn't fit into your offense when your secondary has no depth). I didn't agree, but fair enough, your argument wasn't invalid.

However now you it's obvious you just said this because it suited your narrative of oh look the Eagles are great and the Cowboys are bad at the time. Every team has injuries, you said it yourself.

Now it's flipped and you are the one pointing out all the injuries the Eagles have. So bringing it up twice in a matter of days after a season ending loss is pretty embarrassing and totally shits on everything you argued against previously.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say the same to you but you won't have a first round pick after a playoff exit

- - - Updated - - -

haha only 7 defensive starters were out including their top 2 corners with their 3rd corner having a hamstring injury mid game. Eagles did adjust last year when they won a super bowl though.
    how are you this lame. pretty sure torn would agree that injuries have fucked up the eagles quite a bit this year, so you continuing to bring them up like he's arguing against them is dumb. he's throwing your ass homerism logic back onto itself to laugh at how transparent you are.

our secondary has been trash all year, well before losing darby and mills. we didnt adjust then and its even harder to adjust now. i was skeptical of the trade for tate from the start given our defensive issues and its been a shitshow. 189yds and 1 touchdown in five games. he hasn't made the offense better one bit. cooper has 642yds and 6 touchdowns in 6 games, helping dallas to a five game win streak where they shut down the saints. already penciling in a playoff exit is asinine. a first rounder for him may feel high but the impact he has had is undeniable. nobody expected a nick foles led eagles team to end the season beating the Patriots in the super bowl when wentz went down. don't be one of those fucking idiot philly fans that stops me from listening to WIP after one fan call.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    God if Miami ever wins a Super Bowl in my lifetime I wouldn't care if they Browns it up for the next decade.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    God if Miami ever wins a Super Bowl in my lifetime I wouldn't care if they Browns it up for the next decade.
    i wouldnt go that far, jesus pabs, but yeah, i get ya. this season has been frustrating as hell but im riding that super bowl wave for at least a year. despite wentz' play last year and the super bowl win, we are still only three years into building a team around our franchise guy. and that guy went down with a big injury, and despite his denials, he clearly hasnt gotten back to 100% mentally and possibly physically. we lost key depth, have key injuries. roseman took the 'win now' approach because we are defending champions, even though i dont think we've ever been in a strong position of true confidence the whole season, when i think he probably shouldve saved some assets to continue roster building through the draft.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way anyone who thought that Mahomes no look pass bullshit was impressive just remember Blake Bortles tried it first in the world famous Rajah Madden League @Mikey_Jones

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    i wouldnt go that far, jesus pabs, but yeah, i get ya. this season has been frustrating as hell but im riding that super bowl wave for at least a year. despite wentz' play last year and the super bowl win, we are still only three years into building a team around our franchise guy. and that guy went down with a big injury, and despite his denials, he clearly hasnt gotten back to 100% mentally and possibly physically. we lost key depth, have key injuries. roseman took the 'win now' approach because we are defending champions, even though i dont think we've ever been in a strong position of true confidence the whole season, when i think he probably shouldve saved some assets to continue roster building through the draft.
    Nah I get it. TFC has been absolutely dominant for the past two seasons winning basically everything last year and this year shat the bed. I was definitely grumbling and complaining how they were playing like shit.

I know if the Dolphins or Raps or Jays or Leafs every win their championship I will start complaining 3/4 of the way through the next season if they weren't as good. Well maybe not the Leafs since I wouldn't care enough.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    The initial point about buying time for at least a year based off the SB win is certainly a point I can get behind. I have no interest in the Eagles but I would think that's a fan base that can at least enjoy what happened and look at that when getting frustrated with how this season has gone.

Tate still seems like a player that's worth having. From someone totally on the outside, it seems like Reich's departure has been a major disadvantage for that team. Injuries are obviously a crippling aspect, but that loss feels like it was one of significant impact.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's your point?

Based on your argument last year quoted mere days ago using injuries as an excuse isn't valid. You said teams should be able to adjust, or plan sufficiently for injuries, scheme to cover injuries, and use resources effectively (maybe like don't spend a 3rd rounder on a WR who doesn't fit into your offense when your secondary has no depth). I didn't agree, but fair enough, your argument wasn't invalid.

However now you it's obvious you just said this because it suited your narrative of oh look the Eagles are great and the Cowboys are bad at the time. Every team has injuries, you said it yourself.

Now it's flipped and you are the one pointing out all the injuries the Eagles have. So bringing it up twice in a matter of days after a season ending loss is pretty embarrassing and totally shits on everything you argued against previously.
    I only brought it up again because two more guys got placed on IR after I made the first post. Yes all teams have injuries and some deal with them when they are manageable.

Could the Eagles have adjusted this year? Sure they could've by not leaving their backup corner on an island against Cooper when it's tied 16-16 but not give up a 4th and 15 to the titans in OT. All that could have been avoided regardless of injuries.

edit: At the end of the day, It really shows how good the Patriots have been in the last 15 years. They always come back and make the playoffs no matter what coaches leave, how many super bowls they win, or how many injuries they have (Gronk, OL, etc)
    Last edited by PurePlayer; December 12th, 2018 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about starting Damien Williams tonight if Ware sits. I also have Kamara, David Johnson, and Aaron Jones. Jones I won't be playing against the Bears, so it's basically trying to figure out if I start Williams or Johnson.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be crazy if the Chargers somehow pull out the win tonight and still put immense pressure on the Chiefs to finish out the last two weeks. If they do that, a hell of a team is going to be the 5th seed.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Thinking about starting Damien Williams tonight if Ware sits. I also have Kamara, David Johnson, and Aaron Jones. Jones I won't be playing against the Bears, so it's basically trying to figure out if I start Williams or Johnson.
    Despite the weak Arizona offense they are facing a weak and battered Atlanta defense

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watch 'A Football Life' on Thurman Thomas yesterday? I had forgotten how incredible he was. He would be so lethal in the modern NFL. Definitely translates better than Emmitt or Barry to today's game.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thurman was great no question about it. The biggest thing that kills his legacy is that 3 of his 4 Super Bowls he was in he played awful with 37 carries for 69 yards (less than 2 ypc in SB 26-28) though he was fantastic in Super Bowl XXV against the Giants.

His last years in the league were forgettable too, he only had like 1300 yards total his last 4 years in the league.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he was a great player, but was an enormous shithead in buffalo up until his campaign for the HOF started

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    How was he a shithead? Sincerely, as I don't recall ever really hearing much as on outsider about his behavior/character negatively.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thurman Thomas Sr. works at my job. He's a cool guy.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    How was he a shithead? Sincerely, as I don't recall ever really hearing much as on outsider about his behavior/character negatively.
    was always a dickhead at fan events, training camp and the like. andre reed, jim kelly, bruce smith and the like would always be down to give an autograph, the thurmanator would always ask for money. i even remember a reported incident of him punching a fan. (i obviously tried to look this up, so we can take that with a grain of salt)

plus, he was barely around buffalo at all after his career until he could cash in on his name with the HOF and jersey retirement

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Darius Leonard currently leads my DROTY. Had a sack, forced fumble, and pick. Leads league in tackles and tied I believein forced fumbles
    This guy is a footballer

What a shit display this week. Dak terrible, the defense barely looks arsed when making tackles.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    He's outstanding, gonna be a steal for them

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Torn, Beefy and my own Dolphins really letting me down this week.

I had just started to believe.

Not that there was really anything to believe about this team. Lucking out the majority of the wins despite the injuries. But even without the injuries this team was questionable. With them, no chance.
    Last edited by Pablo Diablo; December 16th, 2018 at 4:48 PM.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Dolphins are something like 1-10 in their last 11 road games.

That doesn't seem like a good away record.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Been a fun season.

hoping they can stick in the three spot unless something really wild happens and they get a bye.

Would love the chance to beat Minnesota in back to back weeks.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenyan Drake wins the game for the Dolphins last week, and follows that up by basically being an after-thought to Ballage and Gore. I don't understand why the Dolphins fail to utilize this guys talents. If he leaves next year, and signs with another team, he will be a stud.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    Kenyan Drake wins the game for the Dolphins last week, and follows that up by basically being an after-thought to Ballage and Gore. I don't understand why the Dolphins fail to utilize this guys talents. If he leaves next year, and signs with another team, he will be a stud.
    Seems like a pretty simple case of Drake being banged up, and wanting to see what Ballage had.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The real crazy part is that Gore was out from the 2nd Q on.

Drake was being used more as a receiving back though so he wasn't completely neglected.

There's a lot of speedy, talented skill players on the Dolphins with a bunch of them injured unfortunately but there is some exciting talent there.

Things are going to be interesting in the offseason as both O and D lines are going to need a lot of work.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t get sucked in after last week honest, fuck off Miami Dolphins.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Pablo Diablo I feel your pain bring a Dolphins fan but fuck me moving onto Football, that’s the worst United team I’ve personally seen come to Anfield.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yeah, today was not a great day for me sports wise with the Raps losing tonight as well. Just bad all around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How shit was that last drive by the Panthers.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cam Newton is garbage.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's clearly hurt but he's also got some pretty shoddy mechanics as a passer.

Edit: This playoff picture is wide open. Nobody looks unbeatable right now.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; December 18th, 2018 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's one of the best playoff fields in a while. Nobody looking unbeatable but still having a ton of good/exciting contenders...

fingers crossed for no major injuries the next two weeks.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy you can make a "yeah, but" argument for every team that would be in the playoffs if they started today. It's there for the taking, and someone just needs to get hot and stay healthy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just find it hard to believe any team will go into New Orleans and win in January. It obviously is a week to week league but the Saints have been playing on the road the last 3 weeks. I think the way they play with Pitt at home will be very telling as to how they will look in the playoffs.

Bears defense is very good but I don't think they will look as good away from home and indoors.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say the Steelers are the ideal barometer because they're so incredibly hit or miss and will possibly be dealing with a rotation to their running back core, but I get your point about the homefield advantage for the Saints.

The Rams defense has been a mess lately, but it's hard to dispute that the Cowboys, Vikings, Seahawks, and Bears have game plans that could work against the Saints that could be problematic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bears should be favourites I think. The defences are starting to shut down these high powered offences. Having to run through the Wildcard round is tough though. Chiefs vs. Bears Super Bowl for me. Panthers winning last night would have opened it all up.

Steelers vs. Saints, Ravens vs. Chargers, Eagles vs. Texans, Redskins vs. Titans and Chiefs vs. Seahawks are awesome games this weekend. Not necessarily must win for the Saints (though they wrap up top seed with a win), but the others seasons change drastically with a loss. Texans need to win out for a bye you'd think, with Pats having the H2H advantage. Chiefs and Chargers need to win out to lock up 1st instead of 5th. Eagles need to win out. Steelers and Ravens need to both for the division and the wild card spot if the Colts and Titans win this week. Seahawks should be alright with a loss considering they should win their last game, and other games could conspire in their favour this weekend, but they'll want it done. You'd be a little worried if you're a Vikings fan too - haven't won on the road since October, facing a divisional rival. Then home to the Bears who will still have a first round bye in play with a win this weekend.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    He's clearly hurt but he's also got some pretty shoddy mechanics as a passer.

Edit: This playoff picture is wide open. Nobody looks unbeatable right now.
    Always been trash. And if you are that hurt that you cannot throw the ball 10 yards down field get off the field, you are not helping your team.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    He was extremely good in the Super Bowl year.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I mean how can you make the statement that a guy who won an MVP has always been trash. Have to call you out on that.

He has been awful lately though, not arguing that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    His mechanics were always poor. Completion percentage below 60% for a career. Flashed in 2015 when his defense was amazing and he ran more than he previously had. 3 winning seasons in 8 years.

Trash.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outside of McCaffrey, what exactly has he had offensively for the last couple of seasons? Olsen has been a shell of himself for the last two seasons.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He's had an under 60% completion percentage for his career. This year he is at 67% which is 7% better than he has ever had.

Last year he was 28th in completion percentage. The year before 30th. And before that 28, 28, 29.

I know that is not the be all end all but its not like he is pushing the ball way down field either.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I agree. Played out of his head for one anomalous season, but nonetheless is and always has been trash.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Well he's being shut down for the rest of the season. So I hope you meanies are happy.

Hmph.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he's being shut down for the rest of the season. So I hope you meanies are happy.

Hmph.
    If they hadn't made the one Super Bowl with him, he would be classic Ewing Theory potential. I could easily see them improving if they designed the offensive around McCaffrey and Samuel and a dominant O-line instead of Cam's inaccurate throws

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could easily see them sucking every year without a franchise quarterback

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Josh Gordon left NE, gonna be suspended again it looks like

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not ideal. it will be shocking when the pats win the super bowl which is crazy to say for a team that is still a dynasty.

edelman/gronk/hogan/dorsett/patterson... there was a time when Edelman and Gronk was all you needed but with Gronk's decline that is no longer the case. this isn't a great receiving group. gotta work sony michel and the play action to get it moving. james white on the screens/check downs. it can work.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't imagine this is THAT big of a loss. I mean, it's not like he was taking the top off and gashing opposing defenses deep. Don't get me wrong, it's not great to lose a player this late in the scope of things but I imagine it would be crippling if it were Edelman, Gronk, or White. It's going to make them be that much more efficient and avoid the brain lapses they've been having the last two weeks.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads do I start goff or luck for fantasy

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Lads do I start goff or luck for fantasy
    Can't start Luck now. So Goff

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Fuck, I Deshaun Watson.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fear Deshaun Watson.

Side note. How fucked is it that the Texans actually have to win next week to win the AFC south?

They have easily been the most consistently good team in the division. Just throw away those first three weeks.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As talented as they are, the Steelers almost deserve to stay on the outside of the playoff picture. They're way too talented to lose their last three games by a total of nine points (and their Jaguars win was one they should have lost). That division is going to be pretty crazy for the next few years, too. Baker looks like the real deal.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck, I Deshaun Watson.
    Me too! Kid is special.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Remember when they started slow and everybody went off the top saying they were done.

Good times.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be very interesting if the Eagles can make it back into the playoffs to see what Nick Foles and company can do.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Remember when they started slow and everybody went off the top saying they were done.

Good times.
    Still might not win their division though

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s go Jaguars.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good, relevant games to close the regular season then. Love how there's a straight knockout game in Titans/Colts. That's going to be tense. Unfortunately you've got to favour Indy with Luck's record, but 6-1 at home thus far for Tennessee is legit. With how flakey the AFC is this year, the winner can somehowend up in the Superbowl too. That bracket is wide open, whereas I think the top 3 in the NFC are out in front.

Love the Eagles narrative too. Foles sprung into action and delivering again. Now in need of help, but it's dependent on the Bears beating the Vikings. The only playoff contender the Vikings have beat all season are Philly themselves. Bears have a chance of a bye with a win. Then you've got the Steelers also in need of favour, but from one of the league's form teams in the Browns. Throw in the Chiefs and Chargers needing to win to avoid 5th seed and you've got an excellent day.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Browns/Ravens should be an interesting game. The Browns have had a chip on their shoulder since Jackson was let go, and the Ravens have zigged offensively while the rest of the league has zagged. Both of these teams are very fascinating in a variety of ways.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how the Titans are supposed to win this game.

No goddamn idea.

Not one.

This is gonna leave a mark.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan Tannehill in the first quarter today: 2 completions. 2 interceptions.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Gase, Ryan Tannehill, Matt Burke making the job of the decision makers pretty easy. Get them all the fuck out of here.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It's for the best at this point. Need a new QB and new coaches.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

o please o please may O'Brien not get this kid killed..

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting how the AFCS is shaking out, with tonight being a playoff game between Colts and Titans, and the winner going on to face the Texans in the wild card round. Mariota is not expected to play tonight so it'll be Gabbert vs Luck. Gotta figure the Colts will win that one.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gase may be the next head coach in Green Bay.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    Gase may be the next head coach in Green Bay.
    Pat Fitzgerald is another name I've heard

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Packer game is horrendous.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lemar Jackson is absurd.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Lemar Jackson is absurd.
    I love this offense. What a smack in the face to the rest of the NFL.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    He really is absurd.

And that offense really is fun to watch.

And what's the over/under on how long it lasts?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the championship game? Rivers has tapered off the last couple of weeks and the Chargers have had injuries. That game last week as well. Then, I fancy the Colts to beat the Titans and Texans. Thus, Ravens at Pats which I favour them in. Chiefs I think get to the Super Bowl.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Was speaking more toward longer-term sustainability..

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was speaking more toward longer-term sustainability..
    If Jackson doesn’t learn accuracy it won’t last long. He also needs to avoid all those unnecessary hits he takes.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by hithit View Post
    If Jackson doesn’t learn accuracy it won’t last long. He also needs to avoid all those unnecessary hits he takes.
    I agree wholeheartedly with the latter. His expiration will be very quickly expedited otherwise.

But qbs at the pro level don't simply 'learn' accuracy.

That not to say his accuracy can't see some improvement, perhaps a minor bump in percentage merely in the game 'slowing down' and his reads/progressions becoming easier, but accuracy by and large is a pretty settled issue by the time a qb enters the league.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's for the best at this point. Need a new QB and new coaches.
    Full reset yet again though.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so this is the slate for next week barring something miraculous happening in the next 15 minutes.

6. Eagles at 3. Bears
    5. Seahawks at 4. Cowboys

6. IND/TEN at 3. Texans
    5. Chargers at 4. Ravens

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rematches in the AFC and some interesting match ups in the NFC

Should be a good slate of games

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    browns say hol up

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Baker. Proper mad cunt.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is incredible

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea this is some epic drama with mayfield trying to play spoiler. steelers fans and players all watching from the field in pittsburgh.

go browns!