User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creative Wrestling Alliance - The Booking Room

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I'm terrible...also my real.life is getting a little extra busy. I think.im.gonna make things a bit smoother for you guys and bow out.

Sorry

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear it, man, but totally understandable. Real life always comes first.
    @Smeagol, you seem like you might be interested in taking Jordo's spot?

Bagel
    I'm not sure I could handle doing much but I'd be happy to participate if expectations are low. If he chooses to participate at a later date perhaps he and I could split duties on things. So, count me in for now.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smeagol in, Jordo out. Not sure how much you've been following along but if you want to fill out the recent questionnaire, that'd be appreciated. I'm not sure if we'll be seeing TimeSplitter any time soon, so I think once we hear from you, I'm going to try to get us on track for our first show.

I think the main focus of our first show is going to be the CWA Championship, introducing the company, the tile, and getting the wheels in motion for that belt's feud. We're still not all on the same page over how we want to get there, so I'm hoping to see some more discussion about the ideas proposed so it doesn't just come down to me doing whatever I want. Group consensus is kind of the key thing with this entire game.

Bagel
    Makes sense, to get this thing running as soon as possible, while not just doing a first-time XFL about it. I should have all things answered by the end of tomorrow I'd think.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Makes sense, to get this thing running as soon as possible, while not just doing a first-time XFL about it. I should have all things answered by the end of tomorrow I'd think.
    Just so you know you are picking up all of jordo's uh, extra duties

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Just so you know you are picking up all of jordo's uh, extra duties
    It may just have to be tomorrow, as I alphabetically rearrange my socks on Wednesday....

Bagel
    1. How should we crown our first top champion? (tournament, battle royal, just hand it to him, other?) And what should our top title be called?
    Option A: A segment leading to a match between a top heel and face to determine the champion on first show
    Option B: Commish gives a handpicked heel the title right away

2. How should we determine our mid-card champion? What should our mid-card title be called? Who should be our inaugural mid-card champion?
    An eight-man tournament to determine a champion on the third show
    TV Title
    No preference for first champion

3. We will be having a fictitious on-air authority figure, do you have any input on creating that character? How do you think they should be used (frequently, sparingly, involved in a feud)?
    Depending on how question 1 plays out, heel authority figure, or tweener who then picks a face opponent who can defeat said heel
    Authority figure should be used sparingly. Opening segment in ring first show, but more of the seen but not heard type

4. Is there a specific feud or specific wrestler(s) that you would personally like to oversee creatively?
    No preference

5. How would you feel about being assigned the above rather than having a choice? Also being partnered up with one or two others?
    Would rather have a choice, being partnered with someone, or a couple others to work together

6. Do you have any ideas for the talent that have not had creative suggestions already put forth?
    I didn't get a chance to look through the whole thread, just went by the heel/face lineup so far

7. Do you have any serious disagreements with what's already been suggested?
    No. But we should have a Sonic Parking Lot brawl for a segment somewhere.

7. Do you think we should implement deadlines to keep things moving? What timespan do you feel would be best?
    Yes. Either a Monday or a Friday, a week to work and throw around ideas and get things set up. Perhaps start on a Monday and have everything presented by Friday of that week.

8. Any other comments/questions that you think might help make things successful?
    Involve everyone, welcome ideas from people outside the writing team if something makes sense. If we're doing a 3 person group to working on things, have a vote if we're stuck on something and proceed along with it, then try to work with those people for a second storyline where another person in that group gets to use an idea - ideas flexible, but not too farfetched. If there is a 2-1 vote on something, let the 1 vote person lead the next time around.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, Team, I think Monday's a good time to start on the first show. I think a two week deadline seems reasonable to get it together, yeah?

I'm kind of hoping we might be able to cut that time down if we're prepared enough so we don't have to have two weeks between every show. My thought going into this game was that we'd have feuds mapped out ahead of time with a rough idea of how they'll progress from show to show already in mind, so when it comes to actually writing, we have the pieces ready, just needing a bit of polish, and then we organize them into something coherent.
    So, for example, you're handling Wrestler A versus Wrestler B and you plan it out that week one they'll face off in a promo segment, week two Wrestler A has a match Wrestler B watches from commentary and interferes at the end, week three they go one-on-one and B cheats to win, week four they have a confrontation and Wrestler B beats the shit out of A, etc., etc., then mid-show PPV they go one on one. Then when it comes to writing shows, we just have to take that and shine it up into a bit more detail and figure out where it fits into the overall structure.
    That's why I think having certain Team members assigned to specific wrestlers/feuds would be more efficient/effective than all of having to tackle everything all together all at once. We can all still chime in and offer suggestions/critique, but the responsibility of really working it out is on those guys to make sure we're not just a big group of guys shouting things out and treading water forever.

Bagel
    Two week deadline, or even ten days makes sense for me, the sooner the better. As much as we'd be working in teams do we also have where it's the 11 person team making decisions on certain things too? I don't know how we'd break up teams evenly for each program to work on but that can get sorted out. Whether in instances of there being a two person team perhaps you'd be involved in that as well?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slapped together some thoughts on what I would do for the first show:

Eight Man Tournament

1. Joe (Winner)
    2. Styles (Finalist)
    3. Okada (Semifinals)
    4. Cesaro (First Round)
    5. Gargano (First Round)
    6. Rusev (First Round)
    7. Kenny Omega (Semifinals)
    8. Dean Ambrose (First Round)

Before each match there are brief prerecorded comments from each competitor.

Opening match: Tournament match: Cesaro vs. Okada (Okada over clean in 12 minutes)

Pre-taped Samoa Joe interview: He's the baddest man on the planet and he's going to bulldoze anyone who stands between him and the title. RIP to the competition.

Samoa Joe vs. Johnny Gargano-Joe over with the choke with four minutes. Refuses to let go after the match, referees intervene, he continues to go after Gargano until AJ styles runs out and confronts him. Styles challenges Joe to go right then, Joe powders.

Tournament Match:Kenny Omega vs. Dean Ambrose (Omega over in eight minutes with a cradle with his feet on the ropes).

Braun Strowman vs. Heath Slater (Strowman over in 90 seconds with the Running Powerslam)

Main Event: AJ Styles vs. Rusev (Styles over with the Styles Clash in 12 minutes). After the match Joe jumps Styles and chokes him out, has to be pulled off.

Next week: AJ vs. Omega, Joe vs. Okada in tournament semifinals.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviewing the questionnaires...

This is where we stand with how we're wanting to crown the first champion:

Battle Royal – 1.5
    Tournament - 2
    Hand it to him – 4
    Singles match on the first episode - .5

(Half votes were for those who responded with more than one choice)

I'm surprised to see that just handing the belt to Joe is the top voted option. Not sure if that jives with the majority wanting a sparingly used, neutral authority figure? With us wanting to get cracking on the first show starting Monday, we need some consensus, so argue your case if you've got one.

----

Seems like there are mixed feelings on the idea of certain posters assigned to certain/wrestlers feuds but as I said above, i think that's really the only way we're going to get things moving and keep things moving or we're all just going to be here sounding off without any real organization. So I'll give the option of you guys volunteering at this point.

Here are the feuds I've suggested:
    -CWA Championship feud between Joe, Styles, Punk
    -Strowman/Gargano
    -Okada/Miz
    -Officer Moxley (Ambrose) needs someone to oversee his antics
    -Something with Velveteen Dream/Goldust, either alliance or feud or both

Other things have probably been discussed/suggested since I pitched that stuff, so if you had ideas, please reiterate them now. I understand the feeling that some of what's suggested feels "too WWE", so I'd like some ideas for feuds that can help shake that up if you've got any. If you're open to just being assigned to a feud, say so, and once we hit Monday and the first deadline is on, whatever's not spoken for can be assigned.

----

Cewsh made a good point earlier that we haven't even settled on a single match, really. We need to do that. And we need to decide where those matches fit within the season. I think this can best be done with the above feud assignment stuff, if we can have specific responsibility placed on us, then we'll have to nail down the matches that play out that feud, and we can put in some anchor points that'll help us build a structure.

Bagel
    I'm flexible on how a champion gets determined. Open to how things are done but see valid scenarios for all, and you make a good point about the authority figure. Not a fan of having him used excessively.

First show could open with GM/AF welcoming everyone and ready to discuss the vacant championship-
    -heel comes out to make his case for being handed the championship
    -face interrupts to say that's not how it's done around here, you're going to have to fight me for it
    -GM/AF makes a match for first show's main event between the two

or...

First show opens with battle royal to determine the champion
    -final two competitors have the match turned into a pinfall or submission for the win
    -sneaky heel dumps the other two remaining people over the top* (my ideal scenario for a battle royal)
    -two faces battle it out similar to the Big Show/Benoit royal rumble finish

First show starts with the announcement of an 8 man tournament to be concluded by the third show
    My 8 participants:

Joe-Gargano
    Dean-Neville
    Styles-Nakamura
    Braun-Okada

Feuds post-tournament scenario:

Fatal fourway #1 contender match between Nakamura, Punk, Ricochet and Styles
    Nakamura-Punk (Punk unhappy about being left out of the tournament)
    Cesaro-Omega
    Gargano-Miz
    *Gargano comes out to demand a rematch with Joe, who wins the tournament. Joe wins said match with Gargano by way of low blow into submission hold. Instead, Miz comes out and tells him to go to the back of the line and wait his turn.

Joe wins battle royal, dumping Styles and Gargano both out together I'd then swap out Ricochet and replace him with Gargano in the battle royal

And lastly, we get a scenario of face vs. heel to close show #1 for the title: Joe vs. Ricochet
    Which would then put Ricochet either in a short feud with Joe, or put Braun vs. Ricochet (Braun on the path to destruction of everything) and Joe vs. winner of Nakamura/Punk/Styles in a triple threat for #1 contender afterwards

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Are the fans aware of who's heel or face before the show begins? Because it could be a matter of a neutral authority figure handing the belt to Joe as the only way Joe would sign with the company, and a talent like Joe cannot be passed up so his demands were met.

I'd love to work on the Braun-Gargano feud.

Bagel
    Either I said it in this thread or to myself, but I think a Braun-Gargano feud would be a great way to end the season/series/whatever the first time around.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like what Donald said. Just have Joe demand his World title and maybe even other things that a cocky confident ass kicking heel would demand. Limos. First Class airfare. Fruit baskets. Every good heel champion needs a fruit basket. Demands are met. Figure head's hands are tied. Joe is champ. Then everyone else has a bone to pick with Joe and we go from there.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I like what Donald said. Just have Joe demand his World title and maybe even other things that a cocky confident ass kicking heel would demand. Limos. First Class airfare. Fruit baskets. Every good heel champion needs a fruit basket. Demands are met. Figure head's hands are tied. Joe is champ. Then everyone else has a bone to pick with Joe and we go from there.
    Or maybe even add him to the finals of the tournament after the original finalists had a match earlier in the night.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That would work.

Bagel
    While we're throwing ideas out there, if we go ahead with the tournament, we can have someone not in the tournament as an ally for Joe who helps take out an opponent who's a legitimate challenger, allowing him to get a bye to the finals.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would the authority figure accommodate Joe's demands? He's not even the biggest star in the company. If he demanded the world title I'd laugh in his face and tell him to fuck off.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can understand Law's view. If you were trying to start a upstart wrestling company you would try to sign as many big names as possible? Weak reasoning even while I type it but I can see how someone who wants to compete could think he has to.

I was thinking if we do a gauntlet we can have AJ go the distance through multiple people (has #1 in a gaunlet ever won?) then maybe Joe just shows up, chokes him out and takes the title. Show goes off air. We can build AJ/Joe. Joe goes over. Then Punk shows up and he can say something like you're not the only who can just show up unannounced, big stare down and that takes us to Punk/Joe.

Bagel
    On second thought, seeing the point about the authority figure and giving Joe the title.... I would agree to having Punk win the battle royal by dumping the other two remaining participants out.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the idea among several of us was that Punk wasn't going to show up until a few episodes in, as a late signing hung up over contract disputes, who then claims he deserves a title shot because he missed out on the tourny/battle royal/whatever crowned the champ. So Joe gets the belt, AJ's set up as his challenger, and then Punk crashes the scene.
    Time frame, I'm thinking if we do a tourny to kick off, Joe gets the belt the second or third episode, and then Joe/AJ can main event our mid-season PPV-type event, then Punk can show up (would it be bullshit if he showed up to ruin that match from having a finish?) and then we build to Joe/AJ/Punk as the main event for the season ender. Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Punk showing up at the end of the match a la cena and rey is all you need

Bagel
    So it seems like we're leaning towards a tournament? Are we going with 4 man or 8 man?

Omega Level Digimon ImperialStingmon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk should take both of them out. I think if we leave it open ended as to who would win Joe/AJ it leaves more intrigue heading into the second half. I think an 8 man tournament is the way to go. 4 is too small

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think to really secure some direction for every feud, we need to lay down the card for our mid-season show and our season finale show. We need destinations to help map out the journey.

Bagel
    Using this list just to remind myself of the roster....

I think Gargano and anybody of Joe/Punk/Braun should be the big buildup to the final show. I already described scenarioss whether it was handing someone the title, which seems to be less popular, a tournament which seems like a more popular and easy way to build things and also branch out from there with other feuds... and lastly, the battle royal which I felt that having the eventual champion where I felt that dumping the other two remaining people out to win the championship gives each claim to deserving #1 contendership.

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Okay, I think we've got to start by figuring out faces and heels:

Joe-Heel
    Punk-Heel
    Styles-Face
    Okada-Face since he's feuding with Miz
    Nakamura-Face
    Strowman-Heel

Cody-Heel
    Ibushi-Face
    Cesaro-Face
    Rusev-Heel
    Omega-Heel
    Miz-Heel
    Riccochet-Face I guess?
    Ambrose-Face

Velveteen Dream-Heel
    Goldust-Heel
    Desmond Xavier-Face? Don't know a lot about him
    Sage-Face
    Gargano-Face

That gives us a 10-8 edge for faces, I think that's a fine balance since face vs. face feuds and matches are a lot more doable than heel vs. heel.

Also that order is my approximate tiering of where I think these guys fall on the card. Main eventers on top, midcard in the middle, undercard guys on the bottom.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you just want to hand it to him, Joe should win a tournament in Rio De Janeiro and we can announce that on the first show.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I said Monday but I obviously meant Thursday-ish. I was hoping there'd be more chatter over the past few days. Later this afternoon I think I'm going to try to start handing out assignments so we can give ourselves more direction/focus and I'll put down a deadline for getting our shit together, maybe not to write the first show but to have our feuds/matches more properly organized and nailed down.

Bagel
    Sounds good to me. May be a little slow tomorrow but have time free the next few days after that. If it appears I forgot about this thread just @ me or message me to wake me up.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd just like to say that I'm actually interested in being a viewer just because I'm sure most would jump at the opportunity to be part of the game. But if you need a body for participation going forward, hit me up and I'll gladly hop in.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, Team, going to try handing out some assignments so we can start making some real progress...

I'm thinking our opening tourny can be put together by @The Law and @Smeagol, as they've both put forth some ideas on it, let's go with an 8-man that sets up a good chunk of our feuds. Three episodes, ends with Joe getting the belt.

@Cewsh wanted to handle the Japanese guys, so he can be the go-to guy for them and should then be involved in the Okada/Miz feud (which I think might also involve Cody, Nakamura, Omega?). I think I'll partner him up with @kdestiny. I'm thinking maybe this is where our mid-card championship might want to be and I'm thinking maybe a ladder match at the mid-season PPV to crown him?

@Kneeneighbor mentioned himself and @virmicious taking charge of the midcard. I think that you should particularly give attention to the guys we haven't given specific feuds to: Cesaro, Neville, Ricochet, etc. and figure out if we're going to give them all specific rivalries or if some will just be around to be the "other guy" for a feud-involved wrestler to have matches against to progress storylines.

@Donald wanted to take Strowman/Gargano and I think we should stick @ImperialStingmon or @Jarrod1983 with him to make sure it's not all about Braun. You guys can decide who wants to be in there, the other can maybe go with the mid-card team of knee and virm...that'd probably be handling the Velveteen/Goldust alliance/feud, Officer Moxley, etc.

@TimeSplitter seems to have gone dark. if anyone not on the Team is reading this and wants in, feel free to speak up and maybe we'll swap you in.

I tried to look at your questionnaires and give everyone something to focus on but if anyone feels like they're not where they want to be or feel out of place, speak up, we can always shuffle people around. Even though you're partnered, you'll need to communicate with each other as things will be overlapping and tying into other people's stuff. You can obviously talk openly in here but also PM each other directly if you think that'll be more effective, just make sure you also present your ideas here so the rest fo the Team can be in the loop and provide feedback, as well.

So let's give ourselves two weeks to really hammer out some solid direction and clear ideas for what we're doing. By that time, I'd like us to nail down the cards for our mid-season PPV event and our season final PPV-event so we can then build with direction in mind.

Hoping this helps get the ball rolling. I'm really trying to keep this thing afloat, guys. Hoping we can all pitch in and not let this be an idea that slips away. If you have any suggestions for how I can run this better, please let me know.

Bagel
    Would you rather we communicate through PMs with each person we're working with or through here so everyone knows what's going on?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

Sounds good. Excited to get brainstorming

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Would you rather we communicate through PMs with each person we're working with or through here so everyone knows what's going on?
    I mentioned it in there, feel free to PM to work through your stuff together if it's more efficient, and then once you have something worthwhile, you can present it in here for the group to consider.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm cool with what assignment I get. Just let me know when it's finalized and we'll start.

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I mentioned it in there, feel free to PM to work through your stuff together if it's more efficient, and then once you have something worthwhile, you can present it in here for the group to consider.
    My bad, I see it now. Reading is not my friend some days.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy to have a real assignment, and direction to go in. Let’s rock this, Kdes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'll get with Knee this weekend. By the time we are done the mid carders will be the stars of the show. We will nxt this sumbitch

Bagel
    This is what The Law and I have put together for the tournament:

AJ vs. TBD (updating later)
    Ambrose vs. Omega
    Okada vs. Rusev
    Joe vs. Goldust

Seeing AJ vs. Omega and Okada vs. Joe, then AJ vs. Joe for the finals
    Squash match win for Joe

If there's someone involved somebody prefers handling the work for, input is welcome on that. Trying to round up what we can for the tournament to produce other feuds out of; seeing AJ vs. Joe possibly continuing post-tournament as well.
    Last edited by Smeagol; February 16th, 2018 at 12:35 PM. Reason: editing...

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got Rusev in two matches...

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Alright, Team, going to try handing out some assignments so we can start making some real progress...

I'm thinking our opening tourny can be put together by @The Law and @Smeagol, as they've both put forth some ideas on it, let's go with an 8-man that sets up a good chunk of our feuds. Three episodes, ends with Joe getting the belt.

@Cewsh wanted to handle the Japanese guys, so he can be the go-to guy for them and should then be involved in the Okada/Miz feud (which I think might also involve Cody, Nakamura, Omega?). I think I'll partner him up with @kdestiny. I'm thinking maybe this is where our mid-card championship might want to be and I'm thinking maybe a ladder match at the mid-season PPV to crown him?

@Kneeneighbor mentioned himself and @virmicious taking charge of the midcard. I think that you should particularly give attention to the guys we haven't given specific feuds to: Cesaro, Neville, Ricochet, etc. and figure out if we're going to give them all specific rivalries or if some will just be around to be the "other guy" for a feud-involved wrestler to have matches against to progress storylines.

@Donald wanted to take Strowman/Gargano and I think we should stick @ImperialStingmon or @Jarrod1983 with him to make sure it's not all about Braun. You guys can decide who wants to be in there, the other can maybe go with the mid-card team of knee and virm...that'd probably be handling the Velveteen/Goldust alliance/feud, Officer Moxley, etc.

@TimeSplitter seems to have gone dark. if anyone not on the Team is reading this and wants in, feel free to speak up and maybe we'll swap you in.

I tried to look at your questionnaires and give everyone something to focus on but if anyone feels like they're not where they want to be or feel out of place, speak up, we can always shuffle people around. Even though you're partnered, you'll need to communicate with each other as things will be overlapping and tying into other people's stuff. You can obviously talk openly in here but also PM each other directly if you think that'll be more effective, just make sure you also present your ideas here so the rest fo the Team can be in the loop and provide feedback, as well.

So let's give ourselves two weeks to really hammer out some solid direction and clear ideas for what we're doing. By that time, I'd like us to nail down the cards for our mid-season PPV event and our season final PPV-event so we can then build with direction in mind.

Hoping this helps get the ball rolling. I'm really trying to keep this thing afloat, guys. Hoping we can all pitch in and not let this be an idea that slips away. If you have any suggestions for how I can run this better, please let me know.
    After reading this I am not seeing many guys left for use to figure out in the mid card besides the 3 listed. Who am I missing?

Omega Level Digimon ImperialStingmon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'll jump into Strowman/Gargano with Donald. Hopefully work something out. Also, while I'm thinking about it, can we bring in "local wrestlers" if we want to do a squash for whatever reason?
    Last edited by ImperialStingmon; February 16th, 2018 at 11:53 AM.

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    After reading this I am not seeing many guys left for use to figure out in the mid card besides the 3 listed. Who am I missing?
    You'd be correct, it appears. Some of those will filter out through the 8-man tournament and we'll have a first round lineup set in a bit. I'll add details later as The Law and I are working on them. Perhaps there's some flexibility to add a few names to the roster as well?

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    Well, once the opening tourny is over, that'd be everyone that's not Punk/Styles/Joe. So, Neville, Cesaro, Ricochet, Moxley, Velveteen, Goldie, Rusev, Ibushi, Slater, Phillips, Xavier, maybe Omega and Nakamura depending on what Cewsh/kdestiny want to do with them. You'll also probably want to be coordinating with Cewsh/kdestiny and what they're doing since the midcard championship is part of the midcard scene you're overseeing, so that'd also include Miz, Okada, Cody, Omega, Nak.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialStingmon View Post
    I guess I'll jump into Strowman/Gargano with Donald. Hopefully work something out. Also, while I'm thinking about it, can we bring in "local wrestlers" if we want to do a squash for whatever reason?
    Slater, Phillips, and Xavier were hired with the intention of being our guys to squash.

And since you're opted to pair up with Donald, @Jarod1983 can join up with knee and virm to focus on the midcard scene.

Bagel
    To update, The Law and I have come to an agreement on the 8-man tournament

AJ vs. Gargano
    Ambrose vs. Omega
    Okada vs. Rusev
    Joe vs. Goldust

Seeing AJ vs. Omega and Okada vs. Joe, then AJ vs. Joe for the finals
    Squash match win for Joe

Out of this you get a continuation of AJ vs. Joe
    Gargano/Strowman program can happen
    Nothing planned stemming from Okada-Rusev and Joe-Goldust directly

I had a thought about using Ambrose to attack the loser of each first round match, angry about not being in the tournament and screaming "I would've won!" until the attacked is a bloody mess. But passing on that for now.

Focusing on AJ-Joe, seeing Gargano/Strowman happening, for starters.
    How many matches per show are we thinking? If we're to come up with a winner for the end of the third show, that's 4 first show from the tournament alone. I thought if we did 2-2-2-1 it makes sense. Maybe I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smeagol, you might need to consult the first post of the thread. Ambrose is not going to be Ambrose, he's going to be 'Officer Moxley'. Not sure if you saw that?

---

I'm wondering if we might want to change a few other WWE-owned names for fun/challenge?

---

Midcard Team, I'm wondering what you think of The Velveteen Dream (w/ Goldust) vs. The American Nightmare (aka Cody) as a feud? Goldust directing his star to outshine his brother with it maybe leading to Goldust and Cody being in collusion the whole time and a face turn for Velveteen...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I think knee and I would have shitloads of fun with Cody , velveteen and cody. Im already churning ideas right now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My idea was that Omega would cheat to beat Ambrose/Officer Moxley/Whatever and that would set up a feud between them. Or at least introduce us to the idea of Dean Ambrose, Law Man.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well, once the opening tourny is over, that'd be everyone that's not Punk/Styles/Joe. So, Neville, Cesaro, Ricochet, Moxley, Velveteen, Goldie, Rusev, Ibushi, Slater, Phillips, Xavier, maybe Omega and Nakamura depending on what Cewsh/kdestiny want to do with them. You'll also probably want to be coordinating with Cewsh/kdestiny and what they're doing since the midcard championship is part of the midcard scene you're overseeing, so that'd also include Miz, Okada, Cody, Omega, Nak.

Slater, Phillips, and Xavier were hired with the intention of being our guys to squash.

And since you're opted to pair up with Donald, @Jarod1983 can join up with knee and virm to focus on the midcard scene.
    Ok. Virm and Knee just send me a DM with whatever you've got and I'll send back my thoughts.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering about a status report, my dudes...are we making any headway?

Bagel
    Things have been pretty quiet as far as I could tell. I last heard last week sometime, the message from (who was it?) about having Gargano match going on last, as a way to move into the program with Strowman. That's fine.

Going back to The Law's post about Omega cheating to defeat Ambrose, I like that. Also, I have no problem with Ambrose becoming Law Man, or whatever it is but I think there needs to be an explanation of how things develop, rather than it just happening like he's assigned that role. My ideal scenario with Ambrose is, his match opens the first show, he loses, stoms Omega silly and escapes before referees can intervene. Depending how many matches are on the first show, he comes out at the end of each one minus the final match (Saved for beginning the Braun-Gargano feud). So before the last match Ambrose is interviewed backstage about his actions and says his work is done for the night, he's going home to watch movies and eat trash.

Second show, authority figure comes out to make an offer to Ambrose, be the law man for CWA or be fired.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sorry for not being around. Been going through some stuff on the home front. Sorry I couldn't contribute to this game. Hopefully someone was able to take my spot.

Bagel
    It's gotten really quiet. I'm still with this thing, so hopefully something happens.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ImpStig PM'd me some stuff, too, but yeah, I'm not sure this is going to work. Seems like it might be too ambitious. We're at our two week deadline and what have we got? Don't really want to try to keep it going if it's going to take months to even get started or put together a single show.

Bagel
    It takes everyone involved, participating to make it work. It's a very good idea, seems like the kind of fun stuff I needed to get me out of my rut I'm in. I like the way everything has been set up, maybe people are just a little busy to keep working on things, or seek getting others involved too. If the POTTY could get 100 people we shouldn't have trouble realistically having a dozen people participating... unless it's just not their thing.