Thread: 205 live - The house show edition

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

205 live - The house show edition

Anyone else seen the news that 205 is going to be a touring house show? They will be running smaller venues but I just don't see how this will work. Ticket prices range from 15 bucks to 100 so it's definitely a cheaper show but with live attendance the way it is now I just don't see this being successful at all.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like how small? Raw and Smackdown are averaging like 4,000 people at this point. I want to see if 205 Live can do 500.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    First show is at the Mid Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and has the capacity to host 3,050 seated spectators. I would say they need to go smaller.

And for good measure

http://rajah.com/node/59281

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one in RI is at the Ryan Center, which holds anywhere from 6300-8000. That seems like they're setting themselves up for utter disaster. Can't imagine they're selling 6300 tickets for 205 Live if they can't sell 4000 for Raw.

I mean I get that they can't be holding these events in high school gyms and local armories, but these venues seem too large.

Bagel
    Yeah they need to go small-size with their venues. How did the NXT house shows draw, in comparison? I think they're above what you'd get for a 205L audience.

I think the cruisers division has recovered somewhat well from temporarily losing Neville, where the division seemed separated as Neville, then everyone else, and since then it has been reorganized with sides drawn up somewhat. I don't see the benefit even short-term of having these exclusive house shows for, what, twelve guys?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you want me to go see WWE 205 Live then get that schmuck Enzo off the brand and put Neville back in.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    When and if Neville comes back he will be the perfect babyface to foil Enzo. I'm all down for that.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kind of show in a small building?

I'm SO in. This should be awesome.

Bagel
    Just combine Impact and 205 live, you might get 800 people!

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    When and if Neville comes back he will be the perfect babyface to foil Enzo. I'm all down for that.
    CW division heel Neville was in my top three. I think he'd get a great reaction returning to face Enzo, I just think he showed how great a heel he was capable of being.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sad thing is right after the CWC this would have been a fairly hot ticket. I don't think they could have sold out 3,000 seat buildings but 1,000 seems like it would be within reach. But they've absolutely run the Cruiswerweight division into the ground in the past year and change.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE used to run C-town house shows in High School gyms.

No reason they couldn't do the same with 205 Live live events.

High school gyms, rec centers, YMCA's, flea markets, fair grounds, amusement parks, music festivals.

WWE runs the RAW A-town show in New Jersey at the big arena and then has the 205 Live guys in the Monroeville High School gymatorium playing to a packed house of 1,200 people. Charge $100 for a meet-and-greet ticket. They get in early and meet the wrestlers. Photo-ops. Free autographs. That kinda shit. $60 front row for non meet-and-greeters. And then $45, $25, and $15 for the rest of the seating tiers.

Its grassroots stuff. But so is 205 Live. They need to start small and let their 205 Live guys work amazing matches in front of 1,200 people. Let word of mouth spread. Give these guys some time. Getting 8 minutes on RAW every week, for the mainstream audience isn't enough. But give a match like, I don't know, Gran Metalik and Tony Nese 20 minutes and we'd see word of mouth build business for a 205 Live traveling show.

Hell, when they're running 205 Live live events in Florida, throw some NXT guys on there. Adam Cole is a cruiserweight, right? That'd be a great way to build some hype.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're going to pay all these guys they've got to try to get some money out of them.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're crazy if they think they're going to be able charge people the exact same they would for a Raw-Smackdown house show (which they are btw) and expect more than say 400 people a show, if that.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think they are charging the same. Even so, they should try for venues similar to what nxt uses not Raw or Smackdown.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I don't think they are charging the same. Even so, they should try for venues similar to what nxt uses not Raw or Smackdown.
    It's not much difference. I think ringside for raw or smackdown was around $120 The last time I looked.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Yep. When NXT come here they run a building that's about half the size of what the main roster would do but it's still a decent sized venue. Never sold out though. They were just here a little over a month ago and the weird thing was, they ran a 2nd NXT show the same night in another state....

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    They're crazy if they think they're going to be able charge people the exact same they would for a Raw-Smackdown house show (which they are btw) and expect more than say 400 people a show, if that.
    Forgive me for being ignorant, but as virm says is 15 bucks to a 100. Is that really the same for a Raw house show? (that's like £8 to £50 UK prices). Seems awfully cheap.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a ticket at a Takeover for 25 bucks. Yeah the seats aren't the greatest but 25 bucks for a takeover is way better than 15-100 for 205 live house show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Forgive me for being ignorant, but as virm says is 15 bucks to a 100. Is that really the same for a Raw house show? (that's like £8 to £50 UK prices). Seems awfully cheap.
    I paid $75/ticket to sit 12th row for Raw 3 years ago. My best friend took my son to a Smackdown house show in August and they sat way the fuck up for $15. That's also how much he paid to see Raw live last year sitting way the fuck up in the nose bleeds.

So if the ticket range for 205 is 15 (nose bleeds) to 100 (front row), I see no difference because that's normally what it costs for LIVE TV.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I paid $75/ticket to sit 12th row for Raw 3 years ago. My best friend took my son to a Smackdown house show in August and they sat way the fuck up for $15. That's also how much he paid to see Raw live last year sitting way the fuck up in the nose bleeds.

So if the ticket range for 205 is 15 (nose bleeds) to 100 (front row), I see no difference because that's normally what it costs for LIVE TV.
    Fair enough, the nose bleeds seem reaaaallly cheap to me. They could probably charge more alonside putting on a better product.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, the nose bleeds seem reaaaallly cheap to me. They could probably charge more alonside putting on a better product.
    They should be that cheap you can't see a fucking thing. I mean I remember paying $15 for good balcony seats back in the 1996-1998 stretch several times and the product was 100x more popular. TBH, tickets aren't really that out of line.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should be that cheap you can't see a fucking thing. I mean I remember paying $15 for good balcony seats back in the 1996-1998 stretch several times and the product was 100x more popular. TBH, tickets aren't really that out of line.
    Depends on the venue and setting I guess. We in the UK pay a lot more for house shows than £8 for nosebleeds but it's more a novelty here I suppose.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on the venue and setting I guess. We in the UK pay a lot more for house shows than £8 for nosebleeds but it's more a novelty here I suppose.
    Yeah I could see that. They don't go there often and the demand is way higher than coming to really anywhere in the US.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'd pay 100 for a ringside seat for 205 live if the following conditions were met.

1. Neville or Aries is back and a meet and greet comes with that price.
    2. Alicia Fox was still on the roster with noam and a meet and greet was on the cards with her. Forget noam.
    3. I get to raz enzo non stop.

So pretty much I won't ever be going. I mean if ringside seats were $30 or so....maybe. I'm sure the quality of matches will be much better than what we see on tv due to freedoms house shows have. I just don't have any interest in 205. Everyone I like is gone from the show minus enzo and he's alright if just want to get him riled up.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind Neville, I'd easily pay at least £50 if they showed more of Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew's POWERPOINT PRESENTATION!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Been a while since you looked at the exchange rates, Badger!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Been a while since you looked at the exchange rates, Badger!
    Fair point, it'll be a lot worse lol

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    for, what, twelve guys?
    I'm counting sixteen with Hideo Itami...
    They could also theoretically add pretty much anyone under 205 lbs they can spare to the house shows...
    NXT, RAW, SmackDown, UK...

Although if they want to draw, AJ Styles & Finn Balor...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure they can use guys from NXT as well (Gargano, Ciampa)