User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Deadpool 2018

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anthony Bourdain dead at 61 of a suicide. I enjoyed his books and his outlook on cooking. I'm not a chef but the way he described working in a kitchen made me want to go to culinary school.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAle View Post
    Anthony Bourdain dead at 61 of a suicide. I enjoyed his books and his outlook on cooking. I'm not a chef but the way he described working in a kitchen made me want to go to culinary school.
    Fucking hell. Don't even watch his shows but that one comes as a shock.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Big surprise to see his name out of the blue. Afraid I'm not all that blown away to hear it may have been a suicide.

Pretty big bummer though. Seemed like a cool guy who I've said for years appeared to have the best gig on the planet.
    Last edited by Percussion; June 8th, 2018 at 12:32 PM.

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Heartbreaking.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hate suicide. It's the most selfish decision a person can make. It ruins lives and destroys families. I also hate that there is such a stigma attached to mental health, and that people think money and fame will cure or prevent their depression. Losing one family member or friend to suicide is one too many.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Pump View Post
    Peter Stringfellow.
    https://twitter.com/le_murt/status/1...608213506?s=21

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    I hate suicide. It's the most selfish decision a person can make. It ruins lives and destroys families. I also hate that there is such a stigma attached to mental health, and that people think money and fame will cure or prevent their depression. Losing one family member or friend to suicide is one too many.
    I think a lot has been done in more recent years to humanize the impact of mental illness on people, those who die by suicide or those who have attempted suicide. But the stigma is very much still there. And there are people who are stubborn enough to believe that the only determination made here is that these people are cowards. Not that they were/are hurting or feeling desperate enough. I know for myself the feelings I live with, and how hard it can be to speak up or seek help. I don't consider myself a danger to myself, but I know there are certainly many people worse off than me.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like Bourdain hanged himself.

God damn.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    How anyone can think suicide is selfish is absolutely beyond me. If you feel so bad that it’s the only conceivable way out then it really is as simple as that. Helplines and stuff are a great resource but I have friends who work in them who have had people kill themselves even while they are on the phone.

Im not dismissing how hard it is on loved ones that have been left behind but those who complete suicide truly see no other way out. I’m currently mentoring a teenage boy who regualarly suffered from suicidal thoughts and had several attempts at completing this, it’s quite amazing what talking can do. This particular young man has gone from this to getting into college and has a new way of thinking.

Basically my point is instead waiting talk to that friend who you haven’t heard from for a while, make plans with people who feel bad, give people who feel down a bit of purpose and something to look forward to. Give them your time and it might make a difference.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They still have to make the decision. It's really as simple as that.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Yes and that is the only option they see as viable at that exact second.

The sad thing is each person that completes suicide can change every single thing that’s making them feel like this is their only option but the option they take is the only thing that they can’t change.

There is an incredible documentary about those who jump from the Golden Gate Bridge and in this film there is an interview with a guy who survived and he basically says the above is all he thought when he chose to jump. He fortunately survived by sheer chance. People who are left behind have to realise that they are not the reason for any single person completing suicide and that and grief/anger directed at the person is wasted. Use those feelings to help others who are suffering.

Mental health and sucide particularly in young men is quite the hot topic at the moment and is something I believe we should all help each other with. Dated attitudes and stigma related to these subjects are what really holds us back from moving forward.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to mention that often people feel as though they’re a burden to those they love, and convince themselves that suicide is the only way to relieve their family of the burden.

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    Basically my point is instead waiting talk to that friend who you haven’t heard from for a while, make plans with people who feel bad, give people who feel down a bit of purpose and something to look forward to. Give them your time and it might make a difference.
    I'm generally invisible with people I've known around me, people I no longer see or hear from yet we're all connected by Facebook. You described right here how I'm feeling. I'm not the type who would reach out to people to say "hey, I'm feeling bad, come talk to me". I do what I can, without burning up my energy, to communicate with select people but rarely get that back. I know of some people who have past struggles and do my best to keep up with them and don't push them away if they get quiet. That's how life is sometimes, but if you know someone's tendencies, habits, you can tell when something is off. I had a friend awhile back who was having a bad time with life so I did what I could to offer support, along with many other people he knows. I just had a bad feeling when it came time I was the one who needed some help and he disappeared. We've all got something going on, it's important to find the people we know we can rely on, to talk to when we need it, or know they'll come to us at any time too when we need it.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    Yes and that is the only option they see as viable at that exact second.

The sad thing is each person that completes suicide can change every single thing that’s making them feel like this is their only option but the option they take is the only thing that they can’t change.

There is an incredible documentary about those who jump from the Golden Gate Bridge and in this film there is an interview with a guy who survived and he basically says the above is all he thought when he chose to jump. He fortunately survived by sheer chance. People who are left behind have to realise that they are not the reason for any single person completing suicide and that and grief/anger directed at the person is wasted. Use those feelings to help others who are suffering.

Mental health and sucide particularly in young men is quite the hot topic at the moment and is something I believe we should all help each other with. Dated attitudes and stigma related to these subjects are what really holds us back from moving forward.
    "The Bridge". Great documentary, disturbing. Especially the guy they follow who was planning his suicide like it was making a grocery list. Just did not care.

I think nowadays we try to look at someone who committed suicide as "They personally felt that was their only way out". My gf's dad committed suicide. He had been molested when he was a kid by his dad and he could never shake it. It took my gf 5-6 years to finally come to grips with it, basically having to convince herself that her dad wasn't being "selfish".

I mean, it is damn near impossible to relate to someone who kills themselves because of obvious reasons. If you're to that point in your mind where that's the only option and you go through it, unless you somehow survive shooting yourself in the head or something it's hard to relate to that feeling.

Personally, it makes me sick to my stomach when I hear someone killed themselves. I think of the kids with cancer who wished they lived 50-60 years on Earth, I think of the family in general who just could never figure out WHY this person would want to do something like this. It's almost impossible for a family member to not feel at fault. My gf's brother to this day, even after his dad tried multiple times to kill himself, thinks had he been in the US and not in China for the military he could have saved his dad's life. He still hasn't shook that feeling and he may never shake that feeling.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they think he just got all tore up and hung himself?

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He had drug issues in the past.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    He had drug issues in the past.
    Oh I'm very familiar with this guy I just wasn't sure why it mattered if he did or didn't have drugs in his system. I know there are some weird ass people out there claiming he didn't even really commit suicide, that this was Killary on the hunt again or some shit but yeah, glad he wasn't high and just said fuck it sober.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He's this one dude I'd never heard of but everyone I know knows him and it's just surreal to me lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Personally, it makes me sick to my stomach when I hear someone killed themselves. I think of the kids with cancer who wished they lived 50-60 years on Earth
    Not just kids, but anybody with cancer or other death sentences. Charles Krauthammer died of cancer yesterday, and even though he said he was ready, I'm sure he would have liked to have been around a lot longer.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Did they think he just got all tore up and hung himself?
    It would've been a pretty fair assumption.

And I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm glad with this result as it keeps from having the alternative which is a final and lasting image of a trashed and haggard Bourdain.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    It would've been a pretty fair assumption.

And I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm glad with this result as it keeps from having the alternative which is a final and lasting image of a trashed and haggard Bourdain.
    No the alternative would have been being alive, there's no "well at least he wasn't high when he did it" vibe. Maybe if he was he would've been too fucked up to hang himself. I don't know, shitty deal.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I think his suicide is a considered given at this point. That part of the story wasn't going to come out any different and so no alternatives there.

And I just said, and gave my own take on why, there can in fact be a 'well at least he wasn't high when he did it' vibe. There isn't for you, and ok.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    I think his suicide is a considered given at this point. That part of the story wasn't going to come out any different and so no alternatives there.

And I just said, and gave my own take on why, there can in fact be a 'well at least he wasn't high when he did it' vibe. There isn't for you, and ok.
    I just have a really strong opinion about suicide that's all. I struggle with accepting any reason for doing it, it's hard to empathize because then I start feeling like I'm letting that person off the hook, even if I don't know them personally.

I remember coming home from school back in 1994 to my neighbor Robb crying in my driveway listening to In Utero on a boombox. Obviously the day Kurt Cobain was found dead. I was like 12 and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Then the next year, the day after 8th grade is over, a girl in our class shot herself in front of her Dad over some bullshit argument. *Enough about me how's your day?*

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP Vinnie Paul. Going to blast some Pantera today

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's outta nowhere.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old Man from Pawn Stars has passed away.

Loved that show when it first came out despite how insanely scripted and produced it was. Just seeing some of the stuff on there was really cool.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP Vinnie Paul. Due to the age and how quiet his family is being about his passing I'm a little worried about the cause of death. Never heard a bad word about this dude. My best friend opened for Hellyeah and he said Vinnie Paul watched their entire 35 minute set and just gave them praise.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pantera was one of the handful of bands that got me interested in heavy rock, along with Rage, Slayer, and Marilyn Manson. It's been a while since I've listened to them, I may put in Vulgar Display of Power on my drive home. RIP

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vulgar Display of Power is one of my favorite albums. Not just rock, not just metal, but one of my favorite albums of any genre. It's great.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    listening to Vulgar as we speak!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Joe Jackson died.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Stories about Joe Jackson whipping his children, forcing them to perfect their routines. On one hand, is it fair for a parent to push their children that far? On the other hand, if he wasn't that way, would Michael, Janet, and the Jackson 5 have been as big as they were?

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a fair question, Donald.

Should child abuse be forgiven if results in your children being a bit famous?

One of the true moral dilemmas of our time.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thanks

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    That's a fair question, Donald.

Should child abuse be forgiven if results in your children being a bit famous?

One of the true moral dilemmas of our time.
    Must spread rep...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely don't see it as anyone being accepting or "glad" that Joe Jackson for example abused his children. It's one thing to be hard on your kids, he took it to that next level. Now, I'm sure if you ask certain people in that situation who grow up to be famous or something above average in entertainment, business, etc. they would tell you that while it wasn't the highlight of their youth, it's what made them who they are. And if you take that away, what do they wind up as?

Double edged sword really. I'm sure Michael Jackson would have liked a different upbringing but in the same breath he definitely loved being an entertainer and that upbringing is part of his make up, it drove him to help others and made him the person he was.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RIP Harlan Ellison, writer of "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" and "The City of the Edge of Forever"...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RIP Steve Ditko...
    Legendary comics artist and co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    RIP Steve Ditko...
    Legendary comics artist and co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP Aretha Franklin, dead at 76. What a voice, what a singer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP to one of the GOATs

As a wrestling fan I'll always remember her first for her WM 3 performance and Vince introducing her like a madman lol. Her story is wild, had her first child at age 12 in 1955. Imagine what that must have been like back in those days. Seriously one of the best to do it of all time.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I say a little prayer for you, Aretha.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Interesting fact. The Queen of Soul died on the same day as the King of Rock N Roll

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I remember them dragging Elvis from his toilet that day back in '77.....as fat ladies went.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    If Elvis was still alive he’d be one of those weird old guys who claims to be Elvis.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    If Elvis was still alive he’d be one of those weird old guys who claims to be Elvis.
    I heard he's living in a nursing home with JFK

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RIP Stefan Karl Stefansson...

AKA Robbie Rotten...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RIP Burt Reynolds

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Might As Well Be Donald View Post
    RIP Burt Reynolds
    Just read that. Gutted.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel bad that I thought he passed awhile ago but I think it was just me reading about how bad his health was over the years. Dude set the tone for a lot of male actors.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Deliverance is an interesting movie to watch when yer trippin balls.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Favorite Burt Reynolds movie title?

Stroker Ace.

I mean cmahn...STROKER...ACE. brillant.

Goodbye Burt.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The world will b3 way l3ss pimp without Burt Reynolds.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post

Stroker Ace.

I mean cmahn...STROKER...ACE. brillant.

Goodbye Burt.
    Sounds like a porn.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Condolences to Ryan, Dennis, Dee, and Frank.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RIP Mac Miller.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They come in threes. Be careful Alec Baldwin!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Sounds like a porn.
    Just goggle search his films real quick. There are so many dirty or dirty sounding titles it's hilarious.

Okay favorite Burt performance?

I'm going with Boogie Nights. That scene where he confronts his former parter in the jail about the child porn crimes he committed, that look of disgust, dissapointment and broken heartedness all at the same time, god it always gets me.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn’t a huge fan of his, probably only saw a couple movies, but he made me laugh so hard in Striptease. The part about the vasoline between his toes is hilarious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mr. Burt was great in Still Smokin.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember watching and enjoying the Cannonball Run flicks a lot as a kid.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP to Mac Miller. This dude is mad influential to a lot of younger kids, my 13 year old daughter was a fan and I'm sure people much older than her. Lesson to be learned here. These cats are fucking with pills like they're in that lab, they have no clue what they're taking. Stick to the herbal.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RIP to Mac Miller. This dude is mad influential to a lot of younger kids, my 13 year old daughter was a fan and I'm sure people much older than her. Lesson to be learned here. These cats are fucking with pills like they're in that lab, they have no clue what they're taking. Stick to the herbal.
    The only time I have seen or heard Mac Miller is in Scary Movie V, and I quickly tried to forget I ever saw that film.

The thing that pissed me off the most about this is the fans blaming Arianna Grande for his death, because they had broken up a couple of months ago.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    You'll always get morons like that, Donald. No getting away from that, especially in the social media era.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The world is full of morons!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Always was of course, it's just more visible now.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Always was of course, it's just more visible now.
    Football fans are the worst for this, Everything and everyone is shit if fb and twitter fans are to be believed.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    The only time I have seen or heard Mac Miller is in Scary Movie V, and I quickly tried to forget I ever saw that film.

The thing that pissed me off the most about this is the fans blaming Arianna Grande for his death, because they had broken up a couple of months ago.
    That alongside people saying "WHO?" under any social media post featuring a dead celebrity or deserved to die because he has an addiction.

Usually from an old gammon faced fool who is the person who I would prefer to suffer.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Chas of Chas and Dave. Can't say I was a huge fan but liked their tune from Only Fools: JBO.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RIP Gary Kurtz...
    The Lone Producer of the original "Star Wars"...
    An often unsung hero of the first two Star Wars films as George Lucas tends to get all the credit...
    Kurtz was integral to the conception of "The Force"...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; September 25th, 2018 at 3:24 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I enjoy Star Wars I wouldn't even know the name without someone pointing it out. Sad in a way, but still, much respect to him for being apart of something this incredible.

Damn I bet I have heard his name before obviously but what stuck out was American Graffiti

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He was also involved with The Dark Crystal and Two-Lane Blacktop. I had to look him up to see what other movies he worked on.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Dark Crystal is like the creepiest movie I've ever sawed. It's just great all around.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find puppets that are supposed to look like people to be the creepiest fucking thing on earth.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Whitey Bulger was iced in prison today.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    rip to a true gangsta

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RIP Stan Lee

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    RIP Stan

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MOTHERFUCKER

RIP to the icon, Mr. Stan Lee!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not much of a comic book geek, but Stan Lee was a legend. R.I.P. bro.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night I just so happened to be sorting through the early 90's card series' that I have (probably 7 different sets). I just had this urge to go through them all and put them in updated books that didn't have torn out advertisements for Demolition Man and The Pagemaster lol. Then I get the news today.

Stan Lee and Lloyd Kauffman are my top 2 icons in entertainment, now that 1 is gone, when the other goes....

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Toxic Avenger will always live though.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll miss his cameos in the Marvel flicks...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those were the best. And it just dawned on me his wife just passed away not too long ago. I loved their story.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    God has returned to heaven and I am crushed.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea but who scored points in the deadpool? this late in the year, this could really swing the leaderboard!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have liked to have been given the chance to offer a trade. Mr. Marvel for Cardi B.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    yea but who scored points in the deadpool? this late in the year, this could really swing the leaderboard!
    No one, there are only two people playing and none of them had Stan Lee.

I did have him on last years Deadpool though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RIP William Goldman...

Writer of The Princess Bride, Heat, Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, Marathon Man, All The President's Men, etc...

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RIP Legend.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    RIP William Goldman...

Writer of The Princess Bride, Heat, Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, Marathon Man, All The President's Men, etc...
    The man's name sounds like a bank.

Fitting. Because he was money.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stephen Hillenburg, creator of the legend that is Spongebob Squarepants, died today at age 57. ALS apparently. Very sad. My oldest 2 were super into Spongebob, I had no clue the show had been around 20 years. I wonder if that's the longest running cartoon in the modern era?

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I still watch Spongebob once in a while.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Stephen Hillenburg, creator of the legend that is Spongebob Squarepants, died today at age 57. ALS apparently. Very sad. My oldest 2 were super into Spongebob, I had no clue the show had been around 20 years. I wonder if that's the longest running cartoon in the modern era?
    Nah, the Simpsons, South Park, and Family Guy have all been on the air longer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, the Simpsons, South Park, and Family Guy have all been on the air longer.
    My bad I meant children's cartoons.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Children's, I don't think so. They've had several incarnations of the Rugrats over the years but nothing long lasting. Maybe Scooby-Doo?