User Tag List

Thread: Titles

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Titles

I kind of miss the days where the intercontinental title basically meant you were the #2 guy (Thought probably the best worker) and it was supposed to mean you were pretty much the #1 contender for the world title and people actually WANTED the title, WWE needs to bring things like this back, I have to agree with The Miz on this..........the intercontinental title really means nothing anymore, the prestige is gone from it, it really feels like the only title that means anything is the world title and MAYBE the womens championship, even the tag titles are just "Eh".

Honestly the last time I felt the IC title meant something was The Rock vs Austin, nobody sees it as a stepping stone anymore they just see it as a waste of time, I mean for as much as I like Roman Reign (bite me) I bet he will carry it just like the US title when he had it, like a second class belt. Part of this I feel is they have too many championships for the mens division, if they ended the brand split and had 1 world title, the IC title, the tag titles, women championship, womens tag championship and cruiserweight world and tag titles they could build so many programs and make each title feel like it is worth it.

Rather than bury guys and have them do nothing you could have more tag teams, use the women more with womens tag rather than "Oh let's put them in a fatal 5 way!", 205 Live could elevate people etc. there are so many things they could do.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you want to improve the tag ranks you need more guys tagging in NXT, debuting together and staying as a team for an extended period of time. They should also have similar attire. Less singles matches for those guys.

Its better than it was but still has a way to go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    If you want to improve the tag ranks you need more guys tagging in NXT, debuting together and staying as a team for an extended period of time. They should also have similar attire. Less singles matches for those guys.

I agree, I don't think they should have split up American Alpha (though they were a charisma vacuum on the mic), they shouldn't have turned The Ascension into a joke, they should make Breezango more than a joke, they did good with The Bar, The Shield should stay together........so much they could do, so much.....Axel and Dallas could be a team etc.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the issues with creating teams in NXT is that once called up, Vince could potentially like one more than the other and break them up. That's the problem with creating something, getting it over, and THEN presenting it to Vince who then has a totally different perspective on it.

I think to keep a tag team together, you have to look like you've got no worth as a singles competitor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say the NXT Tag Division is quite strong and deep at the moment; especially coming out of Takeover: Wargames where the main event featured 3 genuine tag teams in Sanity, ReDragon (Fish & O'Reilly) & The Authors of Pain. Then to add depth/development to the tag scene you've got Moss & Sabbetelli, The Street Profits, Heavy Machinery-- plus TM-61 are about to return soon.

We may not've seen a Dusty Rhodes Classic this year from NXT but there still is plenty of guys tagging in NXT/

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Miz has been one of the only good IC Champions of the last 20 years. They trashed the belt in the Attitude Era by changing it all the time, it just came to mean nothing. Then I think about the 2000s and who had good runs with it and not much comes to mind. Orton had it a long time, didn't really defend it that much though. Jericho had it a lot, he and Mysterio had a good feud over it in 2009.

In terms of building the title back up, I think they've done a pretty good job of it the last couple years. Owens and Miz were both solid champions, now Reigns has the belt and he's a top guy. Daniel Bryan would have really elevated the title if he'd been able to stay healthy and have a long run with it.

Two world titles diminishes the IC Title because it becomes at best the #3 belt. The world champion on Raw is the #1 guy, then the Smackdown world champion is #2. Roster split also makes it mean less because you're only the champion for half the promotion and the US Title is basically on equal footing on Smackdown.

The titles would be more prestigious if there weren't a brand split and instead we had one world champion, the IC Champion, one pair of tag champions, one women's champion. And maybe you could have the US Title as a lower card title but I'm not convinced you really need it.