Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Movie Trailer Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    I'm still not 100% sure how Cocaine Bear is going to land honestly, not from just the one trailer anyway.

And there really isn't room for both, we're seeing this play out right now with original films only staying in theaters long enough to allow them to make oscar nomination lists before being shutttled off to streaming services. It's just a supply/demand thing and people are demanding with their wallets by and large that they want blockbustery franchisy rebooty films and really not a whole lot else.

Doesn't it feel like that's how it's always been though? Movies that didn't have the budget, the marketing, the names, they were there at the same time but maybe only in 800 theaters for a month. The upside now is that the turnaround is faster and the ability to see these movies is much more accessible in the modern era.

Plus the truth is technology has really made a difference. It's not the 80's fault that they didn't have the ability or confidence in say comic book characters to make that happen. Looking back at a movie like Dolph Lundgren's Punisher, I personally feel like that is more along the lines of what people enjoyed about the Netflix show that grittiness. It might just come down to studios not willing to put serious money behind a market that wasn't completely mainstream like it would become.

It's almost like the comic book movie genre replaced the "solo dude action movie" that was prevelant in the 80's and 90's. Kind of like how that genre took over from the Westerns/War movies. Now the solo badass guy might get a big release depending on what The Rock or Liam Nessen are up to. Usually it's straight to the streaming platform, digital Video City I guess.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Cocaine Bear won't even make as much as money as the live action Super Mario.
    Super Mario fears Cocaine Bear.

I'm still not 100% sure how Cocaine Bear is going to land honestly, not from just the one trailer anyway.

And there really isn't room for both, we're seeing this play out right now with original films only staying in theaters long enough to allow them to make oscar nomination lists before being shutttled off to streaming services. It's just a supply/demand thing and people are demanding with their wallets by and large that they want blockbustery franchisy rebooty films and really not a whole lot else.
    Seriously, I'm sure it'll just be a little head turner and that'll be that. Probably will flop, but dang it looks ludicrously fun.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cocaine Bear v. Mansquito

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks like it could be pretty damn fun.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I'm pretty fuckin down for that..

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DINOSAWRS!

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks good.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

This actually looks pretty good.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This found-footage horror movie looks like it could be good. I mean the trailer isn't very revealing (which is nice) but it's getting some good buzz.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post

This found-footage horror movie looks like it could be good. I mean the trailer isn't very revealing (which is nice) but it's getting some good buzz.
    Judging from this trailer, it looks like your typical found footage movie. The quotes use good words too.

The found footage well dried up a long time ago so it's interesting to just see this one pop up. It's cool to see, but it still comes off as yet another ripoff of a Blair Witch Project ripoff. It's the exact template.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found footage movies are very hard to pull off because it just winds up being nothing but jump scares and/or shaky cam bullshit.

Blair Witch did so well because a lot of the masses bought into it being real. Probably the closest this generation will get to something like Cannibal Holocaust level "IS THIS REAL!?!?!" So now that we're in on the joke so to speak it's really hard to make good ones that aren't just jump scares. Paranormal Activity had a couple entries that were pretty decent but again, it was all about the jump scares.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fucking love found footage. You have no idea. Ever see Bad Ben? Art.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like found footage when it’s truly authentic. I found some VHS tapes buried under a wooden plank marked with a deer femur in the woods behind my house the other day. I don’t have a VHS player anymore so I need to borrow one or order one and then I’m going to get the popcorn out and make a night of it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys Fro is gonna die!

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like found footage when it’s truly authentic. I found some VHS tapes buried under a wooden plank marked with a deer femur in the woods behind my house the other day. I don’t have a VHS player anymore so I need to borrow one or order one and then I’m going to get the popcorn out and make a night of it.
    You can usually find a used VHS player at goodwill for about $5

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    huge pop

Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    You can usually find a used VHS player at goodwill for about $5
    This

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Paranormal Activity had a couple entries that were pretty decent
    This is false

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You spelled 'correct' wrong, Don.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea. I’m fine with saying they weren’t great but they were at least decent.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Granted I haven't seen all of them, but the first was such a big disappointment for me I can only imagine the rest are the same.

I think I saw 4 and the Marked Ones too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Granted I haven't seen all of them, but the first was such a big disappointment for me I can only imagine the rest are the same.

I think I saw 4 and the Marked Ones too.
    I think I saw the first 3 and the 1st and 3rd were pretty good. I haven't watched them a 2nd time so they probably don't hold up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Fast X, I am so in.

I just hope they don’t do something dumb and kill a character off; we lost one in real life, would love to see them end this franchise on a happy note…

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a big FF fan, but I'm not a hater either. As far as FF trailers go, that Fast X trailer was a little weak IMO. The F7 trailer was a high water mark for action trailers IMO. That was a trailer that made me (a non-FF fan) need to go see that movie. This one? Eh, not loving it.

Trailer rating: 5/10

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Fast X, I am so in.

I just hope they don’t do something dumb and kill a character off; we lost one in real life, would love to see them end this franchise on a happy note…
    We have 2 more after this. Vin Diesel, big D&D nerd, talks about how these movies are all in sets of 3 and somehow that's related.

I enjoy these movies. Tokyo Drift is the only one I haven't seen so I should get on that. I even like Hobbs and Shaw, so hopefully we get some more of that spin off.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I enjoy these movies. Tokyo Drift is the only one I haven't seen so I should get on that. I even like Hobbs and Shaw, so hopefully we get some more of that spin off.
    I absolutely love this franchise. “Tokyo Drift” is my favorite movie in the series, because it features the best character in the series: Han Lue.

“Hobbs and Shaw” was pretty good, I’m definitely in for more spin off action. I feel like so long as Vin is feeling it and Universal is bankrolling it, we’ll see more material beyond the original crew. Maybe the cousins (Dom/Letty and Brian/Mia’s kids), set ~20 years in the future?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely love this franchise. “Tokyo Drift” is my favorite movie in the series, because it features the best character in the series: Han Lue.

“Hobbs and Shaw” was pretty good, I’m definitely in for more spin off action. I feel like so long as Vin is feeling it and Universal is bankrolling it, we’ll see more material beyond the original crew. Maybe the cousins (Dom/Letty and Brian/Mia’s kids), set ~20 years in the future?
    I'm impressed but not shocked the franchise has been able to last. It was a little questionable with Tokyo like, did they finally blow their wad? Then FF4 came out and I actually like the newer ones more than the earlier ones. Especially the one with Gina Carano.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder if they are all on a streaming service, as I haven't seen any of them. It's Universal right? Might all be on Peacock.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Fast and The Furious is one of the best movie remakes. Easily top five. If they make 100 of them I’ll watch every single one multiple times.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I wonder if they are all on a streaming service, as I haven't seen any of them. It's Universal right? Might all be on Peacock.
    They're on something, I believe HBO Max to be honest.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks fine. certainly better than kingdom of the crystal skull. something about modern day indy just doesn't fully click for me, and i mean that as in modern day movies and not time period. the techniques and advancements behind filming modern blockbusters just doesn't lend itself to the style and feel that indiana jones movies need, in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I get what morri is saying. There's elements of the trailer that don't feel quite in place and a lot of, what appears, to be relying on today's visual tech takes a bit away from the creative work of props and on location sets. However, the trailer looks solid and seems to have a nice solid direction. I wasn't entirely sure how much I'd even want to see this but the trailer has got me in for the ride when it comes out.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Indy survived being nuked in the fridge, I think I have lost interest in seeing these in the theater.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I get what morri is saying. There's elements of the trailer that don't feel quite in place and a lot of, what appears, to be relying on today's visual tech takes a bit away from the creative work of props and on location sets. However, the trailer looks solid and seems to have a nice solid direction. I wasn't entirely sure how much I'd even want to see this but the trailer has got me in for the ride when it comes out.
    the image is too clean, too crisp. you look at the first three films, and you can sense the dirt and sand and sweat when he's out on the adventure, which is a different feel from say, the nightclub scene that opens temple of doom. but here, and granted it's a trailer with a lot of quick cuts and edits, the parts with ford talking to waller-bridge and the action scenes look just as clean and crisp as each other. for as huge of hits as they were, the first three indy movies are genre films, and genre films tend to use certain techniques and more stylized visuals. the special effects revolution had already kicked off by the time the original trilogy was made, but not to the extent we're at now, and obviously george and steven made some very deliberate choices when producing those films that a studio just won't let happen today on a big budget, tentpole IP, cause james mangold has shown he can do genre pieces, like 3:10 to yuma and logan.

a really strong story and script could overcome that, though. hard to tell from the trailer just what we'll be getting there, as it's cut to be overly sentimental and referential, though the tone feels a lot more consistent with the first three films. i just hope it doesn't rely too heavily on the force awakens strategy of rehashing. i love force awakens, and that approach worked very well for star wars, but i don't think indiana jones as a franchise benefits from the nostalgia as much.

i think the mission: impossible movies are the indiana jones of the modern era, especially everything after the third film. tom cruise has figured out that formula and kept it impressive and engaging far beyond what i would have ever assumed possible.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Think I'd watch it on Disney +, but not gonna rush to the theater to see this.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember in 7th grade we had to take a class that was about film, radio, not 100% sure what it was called. What I do remember is we watched the making of Raiders of the Lost Ark and one of the Star Wars movies. It was incredible. I haven't really cared for Indiana Jones since Temple of Doom, never even saw the last one. Maybe this is why Pitfall 3D was never as popular as Pitfall for Atari.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember in 7th grade we had to take a class that was about film, radio, not 100% sure what it was called. What I do remember is we watched the making of Raiders of the Lost Ark and one of the Star Wars movies. It was incredible. I haven't really cared for Indiana Jones since Temple of Doom, never even saw the last one. Maybe this is why Pitfall 3D was never as popular as Pitfall for Atari.
    Pitfall 3D didn't do well because you never watched the last Indiana Jones movie?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Pitfall 3D didn't do well because you never watched the last Indiana Jones movie?
    Just because we have better tech doesn't mean it's an improvement.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this look cheesy as all hell? Yes.

Am I going to watch it because I love the books, even if this isn't really all that close to the books? Also, yes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mother fuckin KITTRIDGE.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Mission Impossible will definitely be an opening weekend theatre visit for me.

I bought my tickets to Fast 10 for opening night back when they first went on sale.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sign me up.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scorsese is back with a vengeance. and by that I mean another $200 million drama. and I'm so here for it. while the Irishman is so long that it's tough to watch in one sitting, I don't care. I enjoyed The Irishman even if I watch it in multiple parts. giving this hall of fame auteur a $200 million budget (usually reserved for action films) to make a long ass drama is great. fuck else should studios be spending their money on?

now, will I go to the cinema to watch this 3.5 hour movie? maybe not. maybe i'll wait for streaming. but either way I can't wait to see it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The audio edit at :18 is so distracting. "- took (TH-e_Ir) name from Missouri-"

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope they keep making these movies. Very hyped for this as I loved the first one.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% in on Kraven. Looks great.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks pretty fucking cool.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Why the fuck not, right..

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the fuck not, right..

looks good. I'm in.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Thought this should maybe go in the wrestling section but I've never really up there anymore to know where best. If anyone cares to migrate it that way, then cool..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm excited to go see this. Looks awesome, I dig the cast that I know. The part that is going to be bother me as a wrestling fan is the fact that Kerry Von Erich is being played by a dude who's maybe 5'7" on a good day. It's like making a movie about The Rock and you cast Kevin Hart. Other than that, can't wait. I was a big Texas Tornado fan. I remember when my mom brought home one of those tabloids from the grocery store and that's how I found out he died. They had some small article on page 3 about him, that's where I also found out he had a fake foot. Blew my mind.

The whole story of this family is wild. I never really got into WCCW but I have seen quite a bit of it over the years and man these boys were pretty fucking popular. MJF being in this as the shit "brother" none of the fans liked is kind of funny. Maybe we'll see him and Dingo Warrior in a shot lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought this should maybe go in the wrestling section but I've never really up there anymore to know where best. If anyone cares to migrate it that way, then cool..

Cannot wait for this

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved the Texas Tornado as a kid. Really excited for this as I'm a big Jeremy Allen White fan. He's going to crush it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this looks great. Big fan of Tom Hardy and the only other thing I've seen Austin Butler in is Elvis, so I'm interested to see what he can do. Plus, Michael Shannon.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This trailer goes hard

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    This trailer goes hard

Yeah, that’s a little too close to reality. I’ll avoid this movie like I do the TV series “The Handmaid’s Tale”.

If the Democrats sweep all three levels of government in the Fall, the MAGA Southern states might well attempt this shit, at the behest of their Lord and Saviour Darth Cheeto…

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that’s a little too close to reality. I’ll avoid this movie like I do the TV series “The Handmaid’s Tale”.

If the Democrats sweep all three levels of government in the Fall, the MAGA Southern states might well attempt this shit, at the behest of their Lord and Saviour Darth Cheeto…
    lol

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jesus christ.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they said “texas and California” are the rebels in the trailer/movie so as to not make it so that either blue or red states specifically are the bad guys. They will probably tiptoe around real world divisions of liberal vs conservatives. Which is fine. Cant piss off half the country if u wanna make your money in the box office

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bloody, action-packed revenge movie with Bill Skarsgaard seeing to avenge his murdered family and the voice of Archer as a narrator? Yes please.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was researching crows in Africa before she died.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Crow movie looks like garbage. Nice to see Jared Leto's Joker is still getting work, though.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    The new Crow movie looks like garbage. Nice to see Jared Leto's Joker is still getting work, though.
    Agreed. There are too many remakes that get put out there that look like shit compared to the original.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm cautiously optimistic on this, but who the fuck knows. looking at burton's filmography i now realize i haven't actually watched a new movie of his in nearly twenty years, with charlie and the chocolate factory being the last one.

alec baldwin and geena davis not returning as adam and barbara, unless it's in a cameo, is a big hurdle for my excitement to climb over. the whole 'family you were given' vs the 'family you choose' theme of the original is done so well, and not having them be a part of this story feels inauthentic, at least at this stage. obviously they could make it work, but i also suspect it could easily be written off as 'they return to the afterlife once lydia grows up.'

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh... movies suck now. Copy n paste.