User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 401 to 500 of 503

Thread: Movie Trailer Thread

  1. #401
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    27,136
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1311325
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    The voices are so bad.
    they're fine.

  2. #402
    Pissed Off MTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    in a library
    Posts
    40,264
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    948641
    usa
    I don't have a problem with the voices. I mean ideally they would have done what they did with the animated series to get the voices to sound they way they did back then but meh. This is fine.

  3. #403
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    The voices are so bad.
    They really are. Just terrible.

  4. #404
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    27,136
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1311325
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I don't have a problem with the voices. I mean ideally they would have done what they did with the animated series to get the voices to sound they way they did back then but meh. This is fine.
    it's a meta film, though, like who framed roger rabbit. if this was just a straight forward adaptation of the show, yeah, having the voices be accurate to that would make sense. but they're obviously doing something completely different, so within that context, having the original voices be a part of the 'role' they were acting in fits.

  5. #405
    Pissed Off MTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    in a library
    Posts
    40,264
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    948641
    usa
    True that. Either way I don't have a problem with the voices like some people do around here it would seem.

  6. #406
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462
    I'll just repeat what i said when i posted the teaser: this looks like it might actually be good. I think the meta approach is more interesting than if they just did it as a straight-up in-universe story. And yeah, with the voices it seems the explanation I mentioned earlier is the case which is cool so they're fine.

  7. #407
    Her right to choose. Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Letterkenny, ON
    Posts
    5,771
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    577580
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post


    This looks really good
    Caught the pilot earlier this week, it was very good.

  8. #408
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485

  9. #409
    Pissed Off MTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    in a library
    Posts
    40,264
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    948641
    usa
    Saw that trailer when I went to to see Dr. Strange. Interesting.

  10. #410
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    27,342
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1044727
    canada
    All I could think while watching that trailer is that I couldn't remember a single thing about the first movie.

  11. #411
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    20,778
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    834480
    usa
    Literally couldn't be less excited for a movie.

  12. #412
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    I think the 3D/visual/technical stuff will be cutting edge like the last one was, so that’ll probably get me into the cinema. I don’t like to see 3D movies but this will be the exception.

    I’m not otherwise into the franchise or story, but maybe this one will be better than the first. God knows he’s had enough time to develop it.

  13. #413
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    PREY (Predator 5)



    I love the premise and the setting, but I'm just not hyped for more Predator. Director is good though, but eh... it's a Hulu original? Eh.

  14. #414
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462
    Everything you said is what I'd say.

  15. #415
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,996
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    Especially because you're Canadian

  16. #416
    Her right to choose. Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Letterkenny, ON
    Posts
    5,771
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    577580
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Caught the pilot earlier this week, it was very good.
    Nobody else here? Dang.

    Four of six episodes have been released, simply outstanding. Bernthal has put in a masterful performance.

  17. #417
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,419
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1148395

  18. #418
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Looks solid. I find these MI movies to be fairly forgettable, e.g. I think I saw Fallout but I don't remember anything about it.

  19. #419
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,996
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    I've seen the first 4, but for some reason haven't seen any after that. I might seek out to watch all of them before this comes out. I do love me some Tom Cruise. Speaking of which, I really need to see Top Gun.

  20. #420
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    Huge pop for the goddamn OG... KITTRIDGE

  21. #421
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    Willow! Willow's back! WILLOW'S BACK! WILLOWWW!!!




  22. #422
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462

    Could be good. Cool to see a few other characters in there.

  23. #423
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    Ehh.

  24. #424
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Agreed. Looks pretty mediocre. but who knows, it’s just a trailer. I still never saw Shazam but it was really well liked despite looking fairly dumb to me. And I also bring that up because based on my Wikipedia research I understand Black Adam is the villain to Shazam, yea? So if this does well he could be in Shazam 2 unless the DCEU gets completely cancelled by then.

  25. #425
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,419
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1148395

  26. #426
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    Wow I had to stop that trailer halfway through because it’s showing everything!! Can’t wait to see Nope, but I’m looking to go into it more cold Turkey.

    Hope it’s better than Us tho.

  27. #427
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462
    Yeah, not even going to watch that second trailer. The first one showed almost nothing and that's good enough for me. I want the mystery to remain.

  28. #428
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    27,136
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1311325
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Agreed. Looks pretty mediocre. but who knows, it’s just a trailer. I still never saw Shazam but it was really well liked despite looking fairly dumb to me. And I also bring that up because based on my Wikipedia research I understand Black Adam is the villain to Shazam, yea? So if this does well he could be in Shazam 2 unless the DCEU gets completely cancelled by then.
    shazam 2 comes out in december.

  29. #429
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1192563


    Looking forward to this. Woodstock '99 is fascinating to me. I'm still a big fan of some of the bands that performed and still break out some of their live sets to this day. 16 year old BigAl really wanted to go but wasn't allowed to.

  30. #430
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post


    Looking forward to this. Woodstock '99 is fascinating to me. I'm still a big fan of some of the bands that performed and still break out some of their live sets to this day. 16 year old BigAl really wanted to go but wasn't allowed to.
    Looks fine but HBO just did their documentary on this event last year so this seems repetitive. The HBO one was good.

  31. #431
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485


    this looks pretty solid

  32. #432
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,996
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa


    Not as excited for this as I was with Halloween Kills. Maybe because it's the end of the Halloween films.

    Plus, don't think any film can come close to the enjoyment I have when watching Halloween Kills, but maybe they'll surprise me.

  33. #433
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    Hope they stick the landing here since Kills was a noticeable step down. I doubt this will be the last last last Halloween movie we ever see, but fingers crossed they send these characters off in a blaze of glory. Let’s give this a definitive ending.

  34. #434
    Fuck you Roman... Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thank You Taker...
    Posts
    14,635
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    112061
    It's definitely not the last Halloween but it is the last for Blumhouse. Jason Blum said the rights to the franchise go back to Akaad after this last one, which means there will be more Halloweens since I don't think Akaad has any other big franchises in America besides Halloween.

    I like that the trailer didn't give too much away unlike the first 2 movies which basically showed you everything over the course of like 10 trailers. My concern is some of the rumors about this movie. I won't go into detail because even though they are rumors I don't want to possibly spoil anything. But from what I've heard and read I'm a little put off and worried that this could be a bad finish to the trilogy. Kills wasn't terrible but it lacked a story and was basically a bland slasher film with no personality kinda like the Friday the 13th franchise where it's just people dying and lacking a legit Final Girl. Hopefully I am wrong about Ends.

  35. #435
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,720
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Original "Terrifier" was a trash classic. The kind of one-star, one brain cell, white trash, low budget, brainless, mindless, blood 'n guts-fest made on the budget of a Happy Meal and kind thoughts.

    This looks, a little, and I mean the very slightest, littlest, teensy-tiniest, smallest, most infinitesimally tiny bit better. It appears to have something approaching a "plot" and "characters", unlike the original and it seems to be trying, at least a little, to establish Art The Clown as something approximating a character. The original is famous, more infamous, for the kill where Art strings a bitch upside down and guts her from her cunt to the crown of her head. They can't beat that, so it looks like they're trying to make something approaching the realm of being a "real" movie now.

  36. #436
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462
    I remember almost nothing of the first one outside of the scene you mentioned. This one looks more interesting/memorable/good(?) so I'll probably check it out. Also, damn trailers show too much.

  37. #437
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462

    His biopic being a parody of biopics is perfect.

  38. #438
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462
    Sorry I gotta double post but...

    ...this looks absolutely stupid and I am here for it.

  39. #439
    Big Sexy Randolph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mid Mitten
    Posts
    6,626
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1074823
    ukraine
    Oh bother. Can't wait for to see what the heffalumps and woozles look like.


  40. #440
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Sorry I gotta double post but...

    ...this looks absolutely stupid and I am here for it.
    This looks fun. So I don't know much about public domain rules but I see that this movie was made because Winnie recently became public domain in the United States. And upon googling it, I see that Mickey Mouse will also enter public domain in 2024 so we could get this same type of thing for Mickey. It's interesting to see these iconic childrens characters no longer be under Disney's creative control.

  41. #441
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Never understood the fascination with Winnie the Pooh. None of my kids liked it either. Just stupid. I'm a big fan of Troma type movies so I'll probably check this out but it looks stupid. If I was completely unaware of the characters I'd probably completely avoid it as there is a line I draw (Mansquito, Sharknado, really anything mutant animal related)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    This looks fun. So I don't know much about public domain rules but I see that this movie was made because Winnie recently became public domain in the United States. And upon googling it, I see that Mickey Mouse will also enter public domain in 2024 so we could get this same type of thing for Mickey. It's interesting to see these iconic childrens characters no longer be under Disney's creative control.
    I'd be fuckin blown away if Mickey Mouse wound up in the hands of someone other than Disney. Unless Disney is going to in some weird direction I just don't see anything remotely close to this movie happening to Mickey Mouse. Winnie the Pooh isn't shit. You might as well make a movie about Cailou being Brightburn.

  42. #442
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'd be fuckin blown away if Mickey Mouse wound up in the hands of someone other than Disney. Unless Disney is going to in some weird direction I just don't see anything remotely close to this movie happening to Mickey Mouse. Winnie the Pooh isn't shit. You might as well make a movie about Cailou being Brightburn.
    Once something is public domain, anyone can do anything with it. In the United States you have 95 years until something becomes public domain and these characters were created about 95 years ago. But upon further reading, only the original Steamboat Willie version of Mickey will become public domain in 2024. The more modern versions will still be protected for Disney. So you're right, this probably won't happen with Mickey for a while longer. But eventually even Mickey will be able to be put in movies by anyone.

  43. #443
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    11,827
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787965
    maldives
    Apparently Batman and Superman will lapse into public domain between 2034 and 2035.. still a good ways away, but that should certainly be interesting.

  44. #444
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1192563


    Does this "movie" look terrible? Yes.

    Was it shot in and around the area in CT where I live, and do I pass some of these landmarks on a daily basis? Also, yes.

  45. #445
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485

  46. #446
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,996
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    That looks awesome.

  47. #447
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,996
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post


    Does this "movie" look terrible? Yes.

    Was it shot in and around the area in CT where I live, and do I pass some of these landmarks on a daily basis? Also, yes.
    You live near New Milford, CT? I grew up in New Milford, NJ.

  48. #448
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1192563
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    You live near New Milford, CT? I grew up in New Milford, NJ.
    Yup, drive through it daily to get to work.

    And didn't you go to WM XI too? So we know you and I were in the same place at the same time. Are you me from a different universe?

  49. #449
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,996
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    Yes, Hartford Civic Center, April 2, 1995. What a fantastic show!

  50. #450
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028


    It wasn't ever destined to top the first trailer, but this is still a good one. I can already smell the sneering from the denizens for two black girls replacing two beloved super heroes, but eh. Will see how his turns out. Riri Williams isn't exactly a beloved character, in fact she's quite hated. That's definitely going to bleed onto this in some fashion.

    Fingers crossed this pulls it off.

  51. #451
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post


    It wasn't ever destined to top the first trailer, but this is still a good one. I can already smell the sneering from the denizens for two black girls replacing two beloved super heroes, but eh. Will see how his turns out. Riri Williams isn't exactly a beloved character, in fact she's quite hated. That's definitely going to bleed onto this in some fashion.

    Fingers crossed this pulls it off.
    Expand on this if you could for me. Who is replacing who? and why would that be an issue if they're black. Riri Williams is black. Who is she replacing that's not black? I only know of 1 Ironheart and it's her lol. I'm not sure who the other superhero you're referring to.

  52. #452
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Expand on this if you could for me. Who is replacing who? and why would that be an issue if they're black. Riri Williams is black. Who is she replacing that's not black? I only know of 1 Ironheart and it's her lol. I'm not sure who the other superhero you're referring to.
    I'd explain it to you, but you'd just drag it out and make it a thing. Been here long enough to know that's how exchanges play out w/ ya.

  53. #453
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I'd explain it to you, but you'd just drag it out and make it a thing. Been here long enough to know that's how exchanges play out w/ ya.
    Hand on the Necronomicon I won't. I think there should be more discussion on why people freak out when certain characters are replaced especially if it's "race" related. I remember years ago the quasi-backlash to making Kingpin black or even Sam Jackson as Nick Fury because so many people were used to the OG Nick Fury. I remember when Punisher was a black dude for a few.

  54. #454
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    I don't know jack about comics but I presume he means Ironheart replacing Ironman and T'challa's sister (what's-her-name) replacing Black Panther.

  55. #455
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    I get that but I don't get the part about people taking issue with it based on skin color. We've known the deal with T'Challa for a couple years now and this is the first I've ever heard anything about Ironman being replaced by Ironheart. I read that RDJ might show up for Armor Wars depending on when it takes place but nothing about the new Iron Man movies.

    I am curious if we'll ever see Iron Man recast or really any of the older characters that have been around 10-20 years now.

  56. #456
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485


    looks good

  57. #457
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    I'm excited. Definitely a movie I can take all my kids.

  58. #458
    Big Sexy Randolph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mid Mitten
    Posts
    6,626
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1074823
    ukraine
    Jack Black's Bowser voice is excellent. The animation is very impressive. I know people are pissed over Mario's normal voice, but these damn kids forget that Mario wasn't always voiced like a high-pitched Italian stereotype.


  59. #459
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    Jack Black's Bowser voice is excellent. The animation is very impressive. I know people are pissed over Mario's normal voice, but these damn kids forget that Mario wasn't always voiced like a high-pitched Italian stereotype.

    Nobody wants to hear that high pitched voice for 2 hours lol. Is there even a game where Mario completes a sentence?? LOL. There's a reason they didn't have ol boy do the cartoon, the live action movie, etc.

  60. #460
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462
    That Mario trailer was better than i expected. The animation looks pretty great. Would have to hear more of the voices to have an opinion but was pleased Jack Black didn't just sound like Jack Black.

    Also watched the second Wakanda Forever trailer and that movie looks like it's gonna awesome. Namor looks like he's gonna be fucking boss.

  61. #461
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    Pratt’s Mario voice is whack.

  62. #462
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1192563
    Love the animation in the Mario trailer. Pratt’s voice is what it is, it’s not going to make or break the movie for me. Should be a fun time.

  63. #463
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Pratt said 2 words and @VHS, like his take on skin color being an issue for T'Challa's sister taking up the lead role in Black Panther (hilarious), is already out of his mind.

  64. #464
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Mario sounds like Linda from Bob's Burgers. https://twitter.com/Terreezus/status...APtDmjOqGraTGw

    And I don't hate it. Nor do I love it. The verdict is still very much out on Pratt's voice, I'd say.

    Jack Black sounded perfect (he sounds a lot like Thanos, but that's fine).

  65. #465
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    If the voice is the worst part of the movie I'm 1000% fine with that. There's nothing to really go off of other than the 80's cartoon. Some folks will find any excuse to bitch. I would be totally put off if it was the high pitched voice from the game.

  66. #466
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    I have been replaying that "Mushroom kingdom" line over and over because I find it hilarious how it sounds like Linda. And I would say the more I listen to it, the more I like it. Linda is voiced by a man and has a Brooklyn accent. Pratt obviously is going with a Brooklyn accent too, and I would guess Mario will start the movie in NY before getting piped to the Mushroom Kingdom. None of that really matters, all that matters is whether the voice fits the character. And while we will see how the movie comes out, I think Pratt will be just fine. Certainly isn't awful based on the teaser IMO.

    People can dislike the voice though, Nash. That's fine. But I like it, and you can like it too. People deeply care about this IP which is why the voice reveal was so highly anticipated, and that's a good thing. And I don't think the backlash is Sonic-levels where people are truly uproaring over it. Opinions on this are valid either way and the movie is going to crush at the box office.

  67. #467
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I have been replaying that "Mushroom kingdom" line over and over because I find it hilarious how it sounds like Linda. And I would say the more I listen to it, the more I like it. Linda is voiced by a man and has a Brooklyn accent. Pratt obviously is going with a Brooklyn accent too, and I would guess Mario will start the movie in NY before getting piped to the Mushroom Kingdom. None of that really matters, all that matters is whether the voice fits the character. And while we will see how the movie comes out, I think Pratt will be just fine. Certainly isn't awful based on the teaser IMO.

    People can dislike the voice though, Nash. That's fine. But I like it, and you can like it too. People deeply care about this IP which is why the voice reveal was so highly anticipated, and that's a good thing. And I don't think the backlash is Sonic-levels where people are truly uproaring over it. Opinions on this are valid either way and the movie is going to crush at the box office.
    Oh yeah I'm well aware people have the joy of liking/disliking what they please just like I can voice my displeasure with the reaction from certain folks. There's a difference between being "meh" about it and going on a fuckin tirade because some people wanted to hear an entire movie in Charles Martinet's voice like that was common.

    The Sonic backlash wasn't about the voice it was about the look, and it was pretty ugly lol. Honestly I think the backlash is worse-because it's Chris Pratt. So you get all these people who are negative toward his religious beliefs or the fact he's Starlord or in the Jurassic movies. If Jack Black was at his peak I'm sure they'd bitch that he's in too many animated movies.

    Personally I think if you want Charles Martinet to do the voice of Mario your opinion is just an opinion.

  68. #468
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462
    To be clear, I just don't want Mario to sound like regular-ass Chris Pratt. As long as he tries to do a little something to give it some flavor, I'm happy. I don't need it sounding like some cartoon or video game version or whatever.

  69. #469
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    27,136
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1311325
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Pratt’s Mario voice is whack.
    it's fine. people that wanna listen to a full length film with charles martinet's annoying and played out mario voice are ridiculous.

  70. #470
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    27,136
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1311325
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I have been replaying that "Mushroom kingdom" line over and over because I find it hilarious how it sounds like Linda. And I would say the more I listen to it, the more I like it. Linda is voiced by a man and has a Brooklyn accent. Pratt obviously is going with a Brooklyn accent too, and I would guess Mario will start the movie in NY before getting piped to the Mushroom Kingdom. None of that really matters, all that matters is whether the voice fits the character. And while we will see how the movie comes out, I think Pratt will be just fine. Certainly isn't awful based on the teaser IMO.

    People can dislike the voice though, Nash. That's fine. But I like it, and you can like it too. People deeply care about this IP which is why the voice reveal was so highly anticipated, and that's a good thing. And I don't think the backlash is Sonic-levels where people are truly uproaring over it. Opinions on this are valid either way and the movie is going to crush at the box office.
    it's annoying cause the only reason people were waiting on it was cause it's chris pratt and he's fallen out of favor with a lot of people since divorcing anna faris. it's dumb. they coulda cast pete davidson for the voice and people woulda been all about it saying how he broke up with kim to go fuck princess peach.

  71. #471
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...where is Bill Casey?
    Posts
    26,476
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092336
    Chris Pratt could not, in a million years, do the damage to Mario's voice that Martinet did. I know for a certain age group that's how Mario is supposed to sound but I'm old and Mario is supposed to sound like Lou Albano damn it.

    A tough, gruff-voiced, blue collar guy.

    Nobody would let a plumber that sounded like Charles Martinet's Mario within a mile of any respectable toilet.

  72. #472
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Chris Pratt could not, in a million years, do the damage to Mario's voice that Martinet did. I know for a certain age group that's how Mario is supposed to sound but I'm old and Mario is supposed to sound like Lou Albano damn it.

    A tough, gruff-voiced, blue collar guy.

    Nobody would let a plumber that sounded like Charles Martinet's Mario within a mile of any respectable toilet.
    this.

    Rewatching again, so stoked they got Bowser so right.

  73. #473
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Jack Black is a national treasure


  74. #474
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    Ok You sold me goddamnit!! Let’s gooooo


  75. #475
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,996
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    I guess I should see the first one. Am I the only one not to have seen it?

  76. #476
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I guess I should see the first one. Am I the only one not to have seen it?
    Yes.

    The first one is a solid sci-fi movie. But the thing with these movies is that the theater experience feels magical because of the insane tech developments that Cameron employs in his filming and CGI. At least that was the case with the first one, and I expect it'll be the same with the sequel. I'm not some big fan of the franchise from a critical perspective, but I'll probably see Avatar 2 in the theater for this reason. It's an event movie because of the great visuals.

  77. #477
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1192563
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I guess I should see the first one. Am I the only one not to have seen it?
    I tried to watch the first one and I couldn't get into it. I'm not a sci-fi fan so that's probably why.

  78. #478
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I guess I should see the first one. Am I the only one not to have seen it?
    Never seen it, either.

  79. #479
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Yes.

    The first one is a solid sci-fi movie. But the thing with these movies is that the theater experience feels magical because of the insane tech developments that Cameron employs in his filming and CGI. At least that was the case with the first one, and I expect it'll be the same with the sequel. I'm not some big fan of the franchise from a critical perspective, but I'll probably see Avatar 2 in the theater for this reason. It's an event movie because of the great visuals.
    I agree. Avatar was actually the first 3D movie I had seen since Freddy's Dead lol. It was beautiful. I'm not big on 3D as I wear glasses and can't see without them. So it was kind of weird watching it but still cool. I'll definitely be going to this. I liked the first one. Kind of sucks how long this took to come out though.

  80. #480
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,996
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    Maybe they'll have double showings and I can see both.

  81. #481
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Maybe they'll have double showings and I can see both.
    I know the first one was back in the theaters a month ago. They probably won't do a double showing as that isn't very common. I imagine if you just go to this new one they'll catch you up in the first few minutes.

  82. #482
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...where is Bill Casey?
    Posts
    26,476
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092336
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I guess I should see the first one. Am I the only one not to have seen it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Never seen it, either.
    Also never seen it.

    It looked like Aliens/Ferngully so I pass.

  83. #483
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    27,136
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1311325
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Ok You sold me goddamnit!! Letís gooooo

    bleh. another OUR WAY OF LIFE nature vs industry plot with a bunch of glamor shots of how beautiful the landscape and wildlife are. i went to see the first one on theaters because of the hype and was bored as fuck. this looks like more of the same. paaaassssssssss.

  84. #484
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Also never seen it.

    It looked like Aliens/Ferngully so I pass.
    Aliens meets Ferngully?? We need to make that happen asap lol. Can we still get Christian Slater to do voicework?

  85. #485
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    5,372
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1271072
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post

    His biopic being a parody of biopics is perfect.

    Looking forward to watching this tonight

  86. #486
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028


    After hearing more, Chris Pratt just ain't Mario.

    And I'm not liking how Mario is being portrayed like a bumbling fish out of water. Eh.

  87. #487
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462
    Disagree. Voice seems fine the more I've heard it. And if this is the first time he's been in this world, then it makes sense he'd be a klutz there. All the elements are there for this to be good, i think, it's just up to the strength of the writing at this point so hopefully it's got a solid script.

  88. #488
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,530
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Mario as a fish out of water is great, I mean that's literally the plot of Mario Bros if I'm not mistaken. Plumber gets sucked down the pipe into the Mushroom Kingdom. I think the visual gags look really fun and on-point. And Princess Peach isn't the damsel in distress but rather fighting along side Mario - that's fine, I understand wanting to do a little girl-power. And I bet she'll still get held hostage by Bowser at some point in the third act (I don't really care if not - but that would be the classic Mario ending).

    I'm not in love with the voice acting outside of Bowser. I would say it's neither awful nor great. It's fine.

  89. #489
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    I'm in


  90. #490
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,996
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    I'm out. At least not in the theaters. May catch it on streaming.

  91. #491
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    @VHS There's only 1 real voice of Mario and that's Capt Lou. Sadly, he's dead and nobody wants a fake Lou Albano so we'll take what we can get paisano!

  92. #492
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'm out. At least not in the theaters. May catch it on streaming.
    Next time motherfuckers want to talk about "why aren't there any original ideas coming from Hollywood!?!?!?" this is what you get lol. Give me remake after remake over this stupid shit.

    That bear's voice better be accurate and not some Chris Pratt Jesus lover!

  93. #493
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,996
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    Based on true events is hardly an original idea, jack!

  94. #494
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Mario as a fish out of water is great, I mean that's literally the plot of Mario Bros if I'm not mistaken. Plumber gets sucked down the pipe into the Mushroom Kingdom. I think the visual gags look really fun and on-point. And Princess Peach isn't the damsel in distress but rather fighting along side Mario - that's fine, I understand wanting to do a little girl-power. And I bet she'll still get held hostage by Bowser at some point in the third act (I don't really care if not - but that would be the classic Mario ending).

    I'm not in love with the voice acting outside of Bowser. I would say it's neither awful nor great. It's fine.
    I see this take and I'm like, did anyone ever bother playing games like Super Mario Bros 2? Or watched the cartoon? She was badass.

  95. #495
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,371
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974462
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Next time motherfuckers want to talk about "why aren't there any original ideas coming from Hollywood!?!?!?" this is what you get lol. Give me remake after remake over this stupid shit.

    That bear's voice better be accurate and not some Chris Pratt Jesus lover!
    I feel the opposite. I'm far more interested to see some original stuff, no matter how batshit crazy, rather than all the remakes/reboots/prequels/sequels. Cocaine Bear looks dumb as hell and I am here for it.

  96. #496
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    11,827
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787965
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I feel the opposite. I'm far more interested to see some original stuff, no matter how batshit crazy, rather than all the remakes/reboots/prequels/sequels. Cocaine Bear looks dumb as hell and I am here for it.
    Couldn't agree more. I prefer films that push the lines of ambitious creativity and/or storytelling that really shines a mirror on who we are.

    Nothing against the blockbuster sequel/marvel/reboot/etc movies, they're fine, and at times a lot of fun. Only issue with them really is that their demand is pushing quality original film-making out of theaters almost entirely now as the latter just can't hold a candle to the former at the almighty box office. Shame the bottom line is simply that there's not a lot of room for both, and the public wants what it wants.

  97. #497
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I feel the opposite. I'm far more interested to see some original stuff, no matter how batshit crazy, rather than all the remakes/reboots/prequels/sequels. Cocaine Bear looks dumb as hell and I am here for it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I prefer films that push the lines of ambitious creativity and/or storytelling that really shines a mirror on who we are.

    Nothing against the blockbuster sequel/marvel/reboot/etc movies, they're fine, and at times a lot of fun. Only issue with them really is that their demand is pushing quality original film-making out of theaters almost entirely now as the latter just can't hold a candle to the former at the almighty box office. Shame the bottom line is simply that there's not a lot of room for both, and the public wants what it wants.
    And you think Cocaine Bear is going to be that movie? Right on!

    There is room for both. It's not our fault that movies like Cocaine Bear and Sharknado don't have the appeal so the need to put Cocaine Bear in 2,300 theaters makes no sense. If people think a movie like this is going to be like The Wrestler, let me know.

  98. #498
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    685028
    Cocaine Bear will make more money than Super Mario because Mario’s voice sucks.

  99. #499
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,583
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Cocaine Bear will make more money than Super Mario because Mario’s voice sucks.
    Cocaine Bear won't even make as much as money as the live action Super Mario.

  100. #500
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    11,827
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787965
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post




    And you think Cocaine Bear is going to be that movie? Right on!

    There is room for both. It's not our fault that movies like Cocaine Bear and Sharknado don't have the appeal so the need to put Cocaine Bear in 2,300 theaters makes no sense. If people think a movie like this is going to be like The Wrestler, let me know.
    I'm still not 100% sure how Cocaine Bear is going to land honestly, not from just the one trailer anyway.

    And there really isn't room for both, we're seeing this play out right now with original films only staying in theaters long enough to allow them to make oscar nomination lists before being shutttled off to streaming services. It's just a supply/demand thing and people are demanding with their wallets by and large that they want blockbustery franchisy rebooty films and really not a whole lot else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •