User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: WWE Survivor Series - November 19th 2017

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock vs AJ and Dream vs Black were my two favorite matches this weekend! I would probably rank Shield vs New Day and War Games close behind.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Brock vs AJ and Dream vs Black were my two favorite matches this weekend! I would probably rank Shield vs New Day and War Games close behind.
    I think I made somewhat of a mistake watching the main event of NXT right before Survivor Series started.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Should’ve been Jason Jordan but seriously it’s crap isn’t it.
    I dont understand what the point of it is. Who got the rub from last night who was a full timer?

Not Strowman, not Balor, not Joe, not Roode and not Nak. That match should have put at least one full timer over the legends.

Fuck HHH

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    I dont understand what the point of it is. Who got the rub from last night who was a full timer?

Not Strowman, not Balor, not Joe, not Roode and not Nak. That match should have put at least one full timer over the legends.

Fuck HHH
    How did Strowman not get a rub? He took down the COO of the company last night, and he eliminated quite a few guys. He would have eliminated everyone if Angle and HHH hadn't tagged themselves in.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would argue this was Brock’s best singles match since he faced Punk.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    How did Strowman not get a rub? He took down the COO of the company last night, and he eliminated quite a few guys. He would have eliminated everyone if Angle and HHH hadn't tagged themselves in.
    And the end of the match was as much about Strowman as it was about Triple H. Strowman might not have been the one getting the winning pin but that was the whole point. And the post-match stuff was all about Strowman. A significant amount of the match revolved around Braun and the entire finish and post-match was all about Braun. It was the Braun Show featuring Triple H.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Oh for sure. I think a lot of that has to do with the give and take. Lesnar also seemed to spread out his move list a little more although I'm still curious why he hasn't done the double powerbomb or the multiple backbreaker moves in forever. I don't think he's done either of those spots since he came back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus H Christ that pounding of AJs head when Brock was trying to get out of the calf crusher looked BRUTAL

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I popped so hard for that. Jaw hit the floor. Not sure I've ever seen anything quite like it.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I just did not like the gloating after AJ lost. It seemed to last forever and AJ not getting up for like 15 minutes was stupid.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post

Fuck HHH
    Strowman got big rub. He pinned Nakamura, Roode and Orton. Plus he took HHH out at the end.

Angle pinned Cena with help from Balor. So slight rub for Balor there. HHH took out Angle so legend taking out legend and then he pinned Shane. They are setting up HHH vs Angle.

We got to see Nakamura and Roode get some offense in against HHH. He didn't bury them or anything.

Joe you might argue didn't get anything out of after taking two AA's and getting pinned by Cena.

I liked the main event and it got things going the way they want to go and I don't think it hurt anyone per say. I rather enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My whole house enjoyed the main event. So you have me the die hard fan that reads up on all the news and rumors. My wife is a big fan and gets info from me but she doesn't care as much about some of the news and rumors. My kids are more casual fans. So a mixture of fan level and we all enjoyed the whole show.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's that? Like 10 matches ago?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    What's that? Like 10 matches ago?
    More like 20 unless you include the ones that weren't televised.

I'd argue it's his best match period since then. From what I hear he was looking forward to working with Styles and it seemed to show.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was more of a jab at how many matches he has. I mean, its cool that its his best match since Punk, and I'd agree. But if you said "That's the best one AJ's had in the last 20 or so matches", that doesn't so meaningful from anyone else's point of view.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    AJ is also a better in ring talent, so him having a match like this is a weekly occurrence really.

Best match since 2013 sound better then?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was just a bad joke. I think its kinda funny that expectations are set so low with Lesnar in general. If he has a match where he's not simply suplexing all day, its considered one of his better matches.
    There's no doubt that Lesnar's one of the biggest draws in the company, but it doesn't really correlate with his in ring performances.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh I agree with you there.

I'm just glad it wasn't the same formula as his matches with Braun or Joe where it seemed like he was ready to be done the moment the match started.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He should have been done. Strowman should have squashed him and held the title until WrestleMania, where he wins or loses (preferably wins) against Roman Reigns while Lesnar puts on more attraction matches like the one versus AJ Styles, and any more dream matches before he goes off into retirement land.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah. Strowman should be champ right now and also be undefeated against Roman. Roman wins the belt at mania after finally vanquishing his biggest rival.

But nope. Bray vs Braun at mania with nothing on the line and Roman vs Brock for probably all the belts on Raw.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braun currently reminds me of the buzz Ryback was initially creating when he was getting over as a monster. And also a bit of early 98 Kane where you kinda don't really know what's going on in his head, and could suddenly snap and fuck shit up.

My only worry is that "aura" never seems to last with big guys in the long run. Eventually the stupid dance segments, the backstage comedy skits, etc come out.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Strowman's way different from Ryback in that he has talent. He's also a little different from Kane in that Kane didn't speak so you had the mystery of what he was all about. I also think Strowman is being handled better in that he's been protected for the most part for over a year now. Only real blemish is losing to Lesnar. He's looked really good against Reigns, the top guy. Ryback lost to Punk and just went downhill. Kane lost to Undertaker 5 months after his debut, won the WWE title but then lost it immediately and never really returned to the main event.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean "not knowing what he's gonna do" from the talking aspect or anything. But more how he never seems like he has any real allegiance with anyone, and at any moment he would snap on his own tag partners if they do anything he's not happy with, which has happened at least a couple of times recently. Kane was like that in the past and sort of had this horror movie villian like aura about him (I know he was supposed to be like Michael Myers).

Braun's been protected well, but I guess only time will tell where he goes from here. Kane didn't become a bit of a joke until at least 4-5 years into his career, if I remember correctly.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear someone else did that head smashing escape from the Calf Crusher before Brock...Owens, maybe?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I swear someone else did that head smashing escape from the Calf Crusher before Brock...Owens, maybe?
    That sounds right. This was more violent though

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I liked survivor series overall. Brock vs aj was fantastic and a definite moty award. I had no issues with the main event and how it played out. I look very much forward to the last man standing match between triple h and braun in which triple h wins via multiple sledgehammer shots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good show in general, up until the moment Nakamura got eliminated. The events after that was quite disappointing, and left the show with a bit of a sour aftertaste. I get that they want to make Braun look strong, and that makes a lot of sense. But the Smackdown side just looked so flat. Not a good ending to an otherwise really solid show. (With the big exception of having Becky eliminated that fast!)

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this was Lesnar's best quality of opponent since he faced Punk
    but I thought his match vs. Roman was quite good at WM

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting with the main event tuff first. Props to them for making Braun look like a billion bucks and the post-match stuff, but the likes of Nakamura and Roode still went a bit quick. Would've liked more involvement from them before the Braun express started. Would've liked to seen more from Joe too and Cena were a blue shirt at least even if it was his own custom one. I thought Jordan would've got involved. Nice to see Zayn and Owens albeit fleetingly.

6 Man tag opener was really fun and the New Day still looked like beasts in defeat. Roman could've worn a shirt though. The double Midnight Hour was a great spot and the top rope Shieldbomb was a great first.

Not a big fan of the women's elimination tag to be honest. Some good titbits like Tamina/Nia squaring off and Asuka getting the last two eliminations, but some of the eliminations happened too quickly for me (it looked like the Alicia elimination was kinda botched as her arm and shoulder looked like it was up) plus Becky going first.

Surprised Corbin went over Miz at first, but with the way the scores were leading to the main event being 3-3 it made a bit more sense. The whole thing was weird, like Corbin's playing the scumbag heel attacking Miz and his family on Twitter so Miz should be the de facto face yet he was made to look the big hero who overcome the odds with the Miztourage.

Usos/Bar was unsurprisingly one of the matches of the right. Really played out at a fast pace and some good counters like Cesaro stopping an Uso dive with an uppercut. Really clever finish too with the tag on the way out then leading to the splash. Any combination of Shield, Usos, Bar and New Day does not disappoint.

Charlotte/Bliss was okay but not that memorable. Some good trash talking by Bliss and she got to look strong kicking out of Natural Selection before tapping to the Figure 8.

AJ/Brock, like others have said Brock's best match since Punk without a shadow of a doubt. AJ sold like a fucking champ for Brock and really put over the brutality of the suplexes. Also he got a great amount of offense in after the weathering the early storm. The headsmashing after the Calfcrusher was brutal too and he only lost narrowly in the end. Brock for his end changed it up and it wasn't just Suplex City throughout. Hopefully they keep the belt on Styles for a long time after this.

Mixed bag of a PPV, though it was 4-3, Raw still got the most important victories really. The standout moments though were really great.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure either. HHH invest so much into NXT only for all of his former champs to be eliminated first. At least we got to see Nak take him on

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Braun being booked as a monster and them eventually going to make Reigns the "man" on RAW, would Braun be better on SD where he could have a long title run and if he is a face be put up against Jinder, Owens, Orton if he turns heel again, Roode etc, Styles can work with anyone so could Naka so Braun could have matches with them. Or even give Braun IC title if he stays on RAW and let him hold it for a year, it keeps him busy.

Braun's powerslam was sold as a one hit finisher like F5.

In Lesnar vs Styles match, I'd have liked to have seen Syles hit the Syles Clash on Brock for a near fall then they could have said Syles hit every possible finisher on Brock. I wonder if they might have held back on that for future match as Brock escaped it or was Brock too big to safely take move or Vince didn't want to risk it in case Brock took it wrong and could derail future plans.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Brilliant build, brilliant matches and brilliant PPV. If you didn't enjoy that then you're watching the wrong show.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This show was a blast to see live. One of the better wrestling events I've attended. Brock and AJ stole the show. The Triple H stuff at the end of the main event was irritating, but BRAUN it all worth while.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    That sounds right. This was more violent though
    Jinder did it too. It's become the textbook way to get out of the Calf Crusher.