Thread: WWE Survivor Series - November 19th 2017

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    what's the point about the age?
    By the way, your obsession with me is getting a little weird. And a bit creepy. I am starting to wonder if you get some type of alert anytime I make a post?

I am starting to think I might have to notify my local PD about anybody driving through the neighborhood with PA plates.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are your thoughts on the match and teams?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfanatic View Post
    By the way, your obsession with me is getting a little weird. And a bit creepy. I am starting to wonder if you get some type of alert anytime I make a post?

I am starting to think I might have to notify my local PD about anybody driving through the neighborhood with PA plates.
    The fact that you always have a smartass post for everything without a real opinion is what's weird. Everything is negative or you make some weird comparison to Penn State

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like it. Has a big match feel. Wouldn't mind the use of one less part timer as I feel they rely too heavily on that for WM so I don't know if I love it for SS.

But overall they really upped the ante with this one.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like it. Has a big match feel. Wouldn't mind the use of one less part timer as I feel they rely too heavily on that for WM so I don't know if I love it for SS.

Glad to hear.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even a troll has his moments.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over/Under of 50 minutes for the main elimination match?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I've said, whenever they need to draw they call the old guys. It wasn't like this before 2011 or so, but they've become totally dependent on part time wrestlers. What happens when these guys can't go anymore? Does this company have a plan to get anyone other than Roman Reigns over? It doesn't really seem like it, although they've done a good job pushing Braun.

Bagel
    I think definitely under. Expecting some team imploding, maybe even one of them helping the other team and walking out on their own, probably a double countout somewhere too.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    what's the point about the age?
    I think for once the troll wasn't trolling and was just pointing out a little tidbit that some might find interesting. Just saying.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also it's perfectly legitimate to point out how old most of WWE's top stars are. If I were the company it would be of concern to me that we're dependent on guys in their 40s to draw for us. Those guys can't/won't work full-time schedules so for most of the year we're left without our main drawing cards.

For comparison, the average age of Team Hogan at the first Survivor Series was 36 and the average age of Team Andre was 32. The only guys in the match above 40 were Ken Patera and Andre.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    I agree, if that's true. I still find it hard to believe its the reason why he left.
    I think (or at least want to believe) that he got tired of being stuck in the cruiserweight division, and maybe they gave him false promises about where his character was headed, only for them to make changes last minute and go "actually, we cant move you onto the US title scene any more. We got this thing going with Enzo and we need you to help put that over."

Usually its never one thing that causes the reaction in cases like these. It's built up over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I wouldn't even say he was STUCK in the CW division. He wasn't even there for a full year. And not to mention, aside from the half-assed program with Green Arrow, he never was really given anything to thrive in until he showed up in the CW division. We can definitely agree on that.

I would imagine it was a few things, the DVD issue being a major one because it snuffed him out of pay (along with a grip of others). If he couldn't see the forest through the trees with the Enzo thing, then he probably needed to leave because it was more about him being jaded. I definitely thought the end game would be Neville coming back and winning the belt from Enzo after Enzo had a couple different challengers. Then babyface King Neville would win back his crown so to speak.
    That abomination of a T-shirt must have pushed Neville over the edge.

That'd be a perfect match. I feel like those guys all deserve a spot on a ppv like this. Especially Matt Hardy. They really need to do something with this guy, super over, could really be a top player if they let him roll with that Broken stuff. I know he can't do the exact same thing but come on, the WWE have to have the means to squash any lawsuit that would come their way.
    Remember when there was so much discussion about whether we'd see the Broken gimmick, or some sort of variation, and there was allot of excitement about what the Hardys would do? Now Matt has been pretty much forgotten. I guess you could say Jeff's injury messed up plans, but there's still no reason not to use Matt.

Bagel
    It was a nice swerve getting Triple H in the match, as I was expecting Kurt to announce himself, then JJ attacks him during the match. It was an unnecessary swerve but I expect they're using it to build to a Kurt vs Triple H match at WM. If any of the three have a significant enough injury where it doesn't happen, it gives them options instead of rushing someone else into a match with them. I hope they end up with Corporate JJ and it actually works. Reminds me of how they tried Rybaxel as Paul Heyman guys and what a flop that was.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The average age of each match:

Enzo vs. Kalisto = 30

Alexa vs. Charlotte = 29 Alexa vs. Natalya = 31

The Miz vs. Baron Corbin = 35 The Miz vs. Sin Cara = 40

Team Raw = 41 vs Team Smackdown = 40 Average age overall = 41

Women's Team Raw = 31 vs Women's Team Smackdown = 32 Average age overall = 32

Sheamus and Cesaro Average age 38 vs. The Usos Average age 32 Average age overall = 35

Brock Lesnar vs. AJ Styles = 40

The Shield average age 31 vs. The New Day average age 33. Average overall = 32

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    That abomination of a T-shirt must have pushed Neville over the edge.

Remember when there was so much discussion about whether we'd see the Broken gimmick, or some sort of variation, and there was allot of excitement about what the Hardys would do? Now Matt has been pretty much forgotten. I guess you could say Jeff's injury messed up plans, but there's still no reason not to use Matt.
    Oh yeah I remember. I also remember when they were pushing #Woken. I mean, he still posts in the Broken dialect we just don't get it on t.v. Why? They don't let him talk. I imagine Jeff getting hurt did curb something, but what?

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    It was a nice swerve getting Triple H in the match, as I was expecting Kurt to announce himself, then JJ attacks him during the match. It was an unnecessary swerve but I expect they're using it to build to a Kurt vs Triple H match at WM. If any of the three have a significant enough injury where it doesn't happen, it gives them options instead of rushing someone else into a match with them. I hope they end up with Corporate JJ and it actually works. Reminds me of how they tried Rybaxel as Paul Heyman guys and what a flop that was.
    Fantasy booking:

Jordan gets Angle eliminated somehow. Doesn't have to be a pin or even a blatant turn. Maybe Jordan comes out angry with his pops and Kurt gets counted or something. The next night on Raw, regardless of who wins, Angle is treated like dog shit by Stephanie over him being the captain AND getting eliminated. A little times goes by and we see Jordan turn on his father at the request of the Authority promising him the same things they promised the likes of Randy Orton and another up and comer who was just a tag-team guy before-Seth Rollins.

The downside for Jordan is that the guy is a try hard. He's in a storyline that isn't really going anywhere and they have to now ride it out a little longer to give it some history I guess. But Jordan is in the wrong role at the present time so a heel turn just screams YES YES YES.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Last night was the most personality I have seen out of him which was nice. I think a heel turn is in order to just save this storyline though.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder what the youngest average age is in a WWE match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we are all well are of Cena, Angle, Shane, Orton, and Triple H's age though? Not to mention the fact that we know Balor, Nakamura, Roode, and Joe have been wrestling for over a decade.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Maybe the ones between Cena and Lesnar from earlier in their career or something between Hardyz and Edge and Christian.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd bet it'd be something like Edge/Christian v. The Hardyz at No Mercy 1999. Matt, Edge, and Christian were about 25, Jeff around 22-23. Or a match with Cody Rhodes and Rene Dupree.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably one of Jeff Hardy's squash matches from when he was 16.

Turns out he wrestled 123 Kid in 1994 when he was 16 and Waltman would have been 22.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Also it's perfectly legitimate to point out how old most of WWE's top stars are. If I were the company it would be of concern to me that we're dependent on guys in their 40s to draw for us. Those guys can't/won't work full-time schedules so for most of the year we're left without our main drawing cards.

For comparison, the average age of Team Hogan at the first Survivor Series was 36 and the average age of Team Andre was 32. The only guys in the match above 40 were Ken Patera and Andre.
    why not do that for any match though?

And what you said about them not being full time isn't true. Nakamura, Styles, Roode, Joe, Balor are all full time and they are 40 or close to it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still just sitting here sour about Alicia Fox's role. For one, borrowing someone's gimmick is weak. Then you have her as the fucking captain. Why? She's horrible. 2017 year of the jobber. Then you have Tamina on SD's side....I swear to God they have 40 women in NXT right now that could do a better job. Grab that little girl who loves Bayley, put her in the match she'll do better. Give Lana that spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe something like Orton vs Lesnar from back in 2002? They'd be like 22 and 25, or there about.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what's funny is that while some of these dudes are pushing 40, pushing 50. They look a lot younger than the dudes in the first Survivor Series that were in their early 30's.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestlers lived hard back then. That was when men were men. Today these kids go play video games instead of getting shitfaced, snorting coke, and banging rats.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They should really have guys retire by 45 to save their health for their latter years. I don't get why they hired Bobby Roode at his age, he's got 3 or 4 years max left.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should really have guys retire by 45 to save their health for their latter years. I don't get why they hired Bobby Roode at his age, he's got 3 or 4 years max left.
    This makes absolutely no sense though. Why can't they maximize Roode for those 3 or 4 years though? Who is to say they won't be healthy wrestling past 45? As long as they aren't living like Ric Flair they should be fine. It's the steroids, the drugs, and alcohol that kills you.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestlers lived hard back then. That was when men were men. Today these kids go play video games instead of getting shitfaced, snorting coke, and banging rats.
    Funny thing is they still do all of that while finding time to bust out video games. Instead of banging nasty ass rats they're banging the female talent. That's the only other real upgrade lol. Nobody back in 87 was passing around Miss Elizabeth.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this post more than most of your posts. More posts like this would be nice.

As far as the youngest average age for a WWE match I'd imagine something in the Light heavyweight Division days. Aguila was 19 or early 20s when he was Essa Rios, TAKA was in his mid 20s, Brian Christopher was probably 20something.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Why? The Jason Jordan character is super lame at the moment.
    Just Triple H I’ve had enough of him wrestling now.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Forgot about Essa Rios. Isn't that how Lita made her WWE debut, with Rios?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes that is how they brought her in. She spoke Spanish so she could help him who I don't think had the best English and it was just a good pairing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Just Triple H I’ve had enough of him wrestling now.
    Triple H is hit or miss, but this is a multi-man tag match, so it's not like he's the sole focal point.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The build-up to this PPV has been really good. It feels like a really big deal because it's been built for so long.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think people are starting to see through the "immaturity masquerading as manliness" stuff...
    The locker room nowadays is probably the most mature, responsible and manly it's ever been...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the HHH and Jindar match coming up I am not sure if he shows up to cost HHH or if he shows up during Lesnar Styles.
    Thinking Joe and Cena can brawl to a double countout to set up that feud.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An industry like wrestling does benefit from the stars being "larger than life" characters out of the ring. For better or worse, the legendary tales of debauchery, from Andre's 200 beers at the airport, Flair's womanising, Hogan, Warrior and Savage's promos off their bonce on cocaine, help make wrestling so fascinating historically. If wrestling was always this Wellness era, yeah we wouldn't have to find out half our heroes are rapists and deviants, but there would be nothing heroic about them anyway. Just nice young boys pretending to fight in between playing games and posting on social media. There's no romance or mystery to it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paige is going to be the final member of team Smackdown. Book it.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ten Man Elimination Tag could potentially have lots of run-ins outside interference - Kane and Strowman, Jordan and Angle/HHH, Owens/Zane and Shane, Jinder etc. With so many big names in the match some of the guys will be protected but Vince would not book a Russo number of interferences and hopefully the match could be used to elevate someone hopefully.

I don't see Strowman getting pinned and Angle would probably be protected, Cena doesn't appear much these days so he'll always be booked strongly and if we assume HHH will put over Jinder in India would he do two high profile jobs within a month.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting pinned in an elimination match isn't a job, first off. Second off, his match with Jinder is not televised.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Angle and HHH will probably both get counted out as they brawl to the back, Strowman will most likely get eliminated by some sort of Kane interference. Joe and Balor won't be able to overcome the Smackdown team, who is more on the same page than the RAW team.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it'll be an interesting match to book. The four part timers will surely get eliminated, Roode isn't a big star, Balor and Joe could fall apart, Kane interfering against Strowman, and Zayn/Owens going after Smackdown stars in general. I think my lean is Orton surviving. Should be Nakamura, but Orton always seems to win when all the other angles play out around him. I'm going for Braun eliminating Cena first for shock value. Then Roode. Kane interference takes out Braun by countout. Balor miscommunication takes out Joe (by Nakamura) who batters him after. Shane eliminates Trips after Angle/Jordan cocks up. Angle takes out Shane but then gets RKO'd. Balor puts up spirited effort, eliminates Nak then gets the RKO out of nowhere out of the air for the Orton win.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orton is the king of Survivor Series. He was a survivor 5 times and successfully defended the title 3 times. He was the final elimination in 4 other matches.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Still can't believe he's only 37. Feels like he's been around forever.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These interactions will likely be awesome if they happen:

Strowman-Nakamura
    Triple H-Orton
    Balor-Cena

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Triple H and Orton have faced off about a million times though. Probably only behind Cena and Orton and 'Taker and Kane.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Triple H and Orton have faced off about a million times though. Probably only behind Cena and Orton and 'Taker and Kane.
    They're just both technically sound, so I like that. You can sub Roode for Orton, then.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Roode does remind me a little of HHH, actually.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks just like him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the patriarch of NXT, Triple H's interactions with those guys in the match will be fun.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention going to the gym and working out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the "surprise" attacks from each show validate that the brand split has been relatively successful?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Do the "surprise" attacks from each show validate that the brand split has been relatively successful?
    No. Let's put it this way, making Jinder Mahal the Smackdown champion for the last 5 months while killing the brand is validation it isn't.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6.5 months actually. So even worse haha

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    This and the decline of promo quality must be related phenomena.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Let's put it this way, making Jinder Mahal the Smackdown champion for the last 5 months while killing the brand is validation it isn't.
    Youve got to realize it's a new business model they're pushing where attendance at live shows is not that important when compared to international expansion. (For one and to a certain point)

They obviously have many fine wrestlers to replace Jinder Mahal with, like an AJ Styles or Nakamura waiting in the wings, so not having enough talent isn't the case

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    Youve got to realize it's a new business model they're pushing where attendance at live shows is not that important when compared to international expansion. (For one and to a certain point)

They obviously have many fine wrestlers to replace Jinder Mahal with, like an AJ Styles or Nakamura waiting in the wings, so not having enough talent isn't the case
    Well, they did just cancel one of the 2 India shows so yeah..........

Oh they have a great fucking roster that are beneath Jinder. Well at least NOW AJ is the champ but for how long? Will the WWE continue to push Jinder as a top guy so they don't have to be looked at so foolishly? God I hope not.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cannot believe Owens and Zayn are not on the card for this. Surely they will get involved somehow, either screwing over the Usos to kick off a tag feud or even the men's match.

I also thought it was interesting hearing Bryan speaking to Shane on Smackdown. I'm wondering whether they are going to try a heel turn with Bryan and have him jump to Raw. Sack Angle and have him as Raw GM. Or even better, wrestling again.

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Cannot believe Owens and Zayn are not on the card for this. Surely they will get involved somehow, either screwing over the Usos to kick off a tag feud or even the men's match.

I also thought it was interesting hearing Bryan speaking to Shane on Smackdown. I'm wondering whether they are going to try a heel turn with Bryan and have him jump to Raw. Sack Angle and have him as Raw GM. Or even better, wrestling again.
    DB siding with HHH/Steph would be a pretty fun twist. I don't hate it.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone see some wildcard survivor like they did when Dolph won? No one really expected it. Thinking Mid vs Corbin might end in a double DQ.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegunn View Post
    Anyone see some wildcard survivor like they did when Dolph won? No one really expected it.
    If I'm the WWE, I'm making sure 1 of the survivors is either Nakamura or Finn Balor at the least. It wouldn't shock me if Angle and Triple H were the survivors. Roode winning would the only real wildcard imo. Everyone else you can see it, but Roode, despite his resume and 15-20 years in the biz, he's still new blood.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    If wrestling was always this Wellness era, yeah we wouldn't have to find out half our heroes are rapists and deviants, but there would be nothing heroic about them anyway.
    Says you...

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/n...-woman-w510041

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think with the addition of Triple H there's no way Raw wins that match. I think Raw may get wins from Brock and maybe Bliss is all.
    Last edited by kdestiny; November 15th, 2017 at 6:02 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I don't think Bliss has a shot against Charlotte since I can't see the team RAW women losing with Asuka.

My guesses

Corbin
    Charlotte
    Shield
    Brock
    Team RAW women
    Team Smackdown men
    The tag title is a coin flip but either way I am thinking it will be 4-3.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I could see the Raw women not being able to play nice.

Although if Nattie is the last member of the Smackdown team then I will be more torn. I just don't see Asuka working well with the rest of the team.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No love for Kalisto v. Enzo? It's the only match on the entire card to have nothing to do with Raw v. Smackdown.

You know what else? If Alicia Fox was such a good captain, why didn't she ask Sister Abigail to be part of the team?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nakamura surviving would give him a big main roster boost if they are going to build to him vs Styles at Mania. Balor could possibly be the "surprise" survivor if they wanted to match him against Lesnar at Rumble. Strowman would seem a too obvious choice although he is mega over and Vince will always want to push him. Cena could even be given the spotlight as he's been away for a couple of months if they are going to start build to 17th title plus with him not likely to headline Mania next year and 5 years then since he last did, giving him these moments could be a sweetner.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how this match shakes out depends on what they're setting up for Wrestlemania. Whether it's Angle vs. Triple H, Triple H vs. Shane, Angle vs. Cena. That probably dictates how the eliminations of the top guys shake out.

I'd be inclined to try to make somebody. Whether it's Strowman, Finn, or Nakamura, have one of the less established guys be the survivor and the big winner.

I'm really excited for some of these interactions. Cena vs. Angle, Angle vs. Shinsuke, Triple H vs. Shinsuke.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    While I love Kurt, building this Survivor Series around any of the old guard is a giant mistake. This is the perfect opportunity to give Finn, Joe, Naka and Braun a giant rub. I am also not a massive fan of this whole HHH has to be in these matches when no one asked for him or wants him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They think they need guest stars to sell these shows. Not sure whether they actually do or not, but they're not interested in finding out. Last time there was a big four pay-per-view that wasn't built didn't feature a main event built around a part-time guy was...Survivor Series 2014 I think? Survivor Series 2015 the main event was Reigns vs. Ambrose but the most promoted match was Undertaker and Kane against the Wyatts.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I smell a Big E heel turn here.

Just me?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I smell a Big E heel turn here.

Just me?
    just you.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    They think they need guest stars to sell these shows. Not sure whether they actually do or not, but they're not interested in finding out. Last time there was a big four pay-per-view that wasn't built didn't feature a main event built around a part-time guy was...Survivor Series 2014 I think? Survivor Series 2015 the main event was Reigns vs. Ambrose but the most promoted match was Undertaker and Kane against the Wyatts.
    Lesnar doesn't really count though because he's consistently around and a regular feature, even if he's not on Raw every week.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    just you.
    We'll see.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We'll see.
    There hasn't been any indication that Big E will turn heel, though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll see.
    No we won't.

Has it been discussed that Paige is obviously the 5th woman on Smackdown Woman's team?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Which will make it great.

They've played up the fact that The Shield can't trust each other etc and that the New Day have always been on the same page. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. If there were to be a heel turn here, only really makes sense for it be Big E.

Perfect time to turn Ambrose though, thinking about it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would like to see a Big E main event heel run, but I don't think they'll pull the trigger on that until The New Day is no longer a cash cow. Granted, they broke up The Shield when they were at their peak, so anything is possible.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Which will make it great.

They've played up the fact that The Shield can't trust each other etc and that the New Day have always been on the same page. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. If there were to be a heel turn here, only really makes sense for it be Big E.

Perfect time to turn Ambrose though, thinking about it.
    I believe what they are doing is what I advocated for in the SmackDown thread...
    They are playing up The New Day's single biggest advantage over the Shield. The Shield spent the past few years broken, while The New Day has remained as one. The Shield is made of former world champions, but it's rusty and stitched back together over old wounds...

Almost every single time the Shield steps into the ring, they are the most singular cohesive unit in the match. This isn't the case this Sunday...
    This Sunday, that advantage goes to The New Day. This puts the Shield in a new situation...
    That dynamic is part of what makes this match up interesting...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But breaking up Shield put Rollins in main event so unless Big E goes into main event there is no reason

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    I believe what they are doing is what I advocated for in the SmackDown thread...
    They are playing up The New Day's single biggest advantage over the Shield. The Shield spent the past few years broken, while The New Day has remained as one. The Shield is made of former world champions, but it's rusty and stitched back together over old wounds...

Almost every single time the Shield steps into the ring, they are the most singular cohesive unit in the match. This isn't the case this Sunday...
    This Sunday, that advantage goes to The New Day. This puts the Shield in a new situation...
    That dynamic is part of what makes this match up interesting...

Good point.

So Ambrose turns heel, not Big E.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see New Day hit Roman with a chair and toss the chair to Rollins before Roman turns around.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be very surprised if anyone's turning heel in this match. Most likely Shield will win and New Day will go back to their goofy antics for a while but E may turn down the road say after afailed tag title shot.

I'm more interested if this will be tornado or elimination style rather than a regular 6 man tag.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    Good point.

So Ambrose turns heel, not Big E.
    That's not what I'm saying...
    I'm saying both sides have advantages going into the match, and WWE should play into that...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; November 16th, 2017 at 9:09 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is turning in that match.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Agreed...

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Shield will be more a more micable splir for the Shield when Roman goes on to face Lesnar. Also it will take something bigger like another failed tag title shot for E and the New Day if they split.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

I think the Shield will be more a more micable splir for the Shield when Roman goes on to face Lesnar. Also it will take something bigger like another failed tag title shot for E and the New Day if they split.
    I really really hope we get a peaceful split from the shield. Maybe I'm alone but I honestly think all three guys are better in the shield, mostly Roman and Dean but Seth was floundering too. I'd love for them to just drift apart but always kind of have each other's back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think E will turn necessarily but plenty of great turns have happened out of nowhere. It's not the craziest prediction.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    I don't think E will turn necessarily but plenty of great turns have happened out of nowhere. It's not the craziest prediction.
    I agree.

I think Big E could be a main event babyface. He isn't tall, but he's built like a brick shit house and he has a ton of charisma.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is turning. Then again, we never thought Braun would turn at TLC

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speak for yourself.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree.

I think Big E could be a main event babyface. He isn't tall, but he's built like a brick shit house and he has a ton of charisma.
    He has a ton of charisma but it's weird. Like extremely weird. I don't think he would ever be a main eventer with the New Day approach. Those 3 work well as Voltron, on their own they all suck.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegunn View Post
    No one is turning. Then again, we never thought Braun would turn at TLC
    I feel like Angle winning with an Ankle Lock, probably on Miz, seems a likely finish...
    If that's the case, Miz's team should completely implode...
    Braun Strowman should turn on them...

Otherwise, they'll look like complete chumps, and there's no credible group of guys to put against the Shield...
    If the Shingle can beat these guys...
    Who knows how long Reigns is out but if he was going to be Kane's new feud, I'd switch it up and have Braun and Kane giving each other the stink eye the whole match in a monster pissing contest which leads to Braun eventually getting too grumpy and putting Kane through a table or whatever. Braun/Kane feud if Reigns is going to be out for a bit. Ambrose/Rollins and The Bar naturally focus on each other and they can go do some nutty spot where Rollins and/or Ambrose jump off the Tron or something equally banana to take that group out of the equation. That leaves Angle, Miz, and an ankle lock...or you have Miz just punch him in the balls and win like a shithead.
    That works for me...

TLC was a case where it didn't make sense for the Shingle to win if Braun didn't turn...
    It was necessary to keep Strowman from looking like a chump...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; November 18th, 2017 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main page rumour says Nikki Bella could end up being the 5th SD women's team member:

The following is just a rumor

-- With the news that Natalya is scheduled to be announced as the fifth woman on Smackdown's team for Survivor Series, another rumor going around is that it will could potentially end up being Nikki Bella who will show up, attack Natalya and get her spot in the match.

-- Not only is John Cena wrestling at the event, but this would tie into the storyline from last year when Natalya attacked Nikki and took her spot on the team allowing the story arch to come full circle.

-- Apart from Natalya and Nikki Bella, the only other rumored names we've heard are Lana and Paige, both of whom appear as extreme longshots.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have altogether too much to say about the Survivor Series show itself. Just that, man, God damn do I want to see a proper Shinsuke Nakamura/Braun Strowman face off in the men's Survivor Series Elimination match. WWE probably doesn't even realize it, but a match between those two has nothing but money written all over it.

Also, damn dude is RAW fielding a better team. At least in kayfabe terms. Triple H, Angle, Strowman, and Samoa Joe? Yeah. Bobby Roode is a midcard guy. Nakamura has been relegated to being a non element. Shane's a non-wrestler. The two "best" guys on Smackdown's team are Cena and Orton. And they're not exactly going to light the world on fire.

Intercontinental Champion Andrew6586's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t know if it’s been said yet but I think Carmella cashes in tomorrow night. She’s been laying low and people kind of forgot she has the breifcase (at least I did).

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carmella's not exactly lying low with the brieface and she's sort of face now after kicking Ellesworth plus being on the Smackdown Women's team. Could be wrong but can't see her pulling the trigger in the midst of the Raw/SD rivalry.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame announced on Twitter that Natalya is the fifth member of Team SmackDown.